Utsunomiya University announces cancellation of individual examination for general selection Shinshu University to change
If you write the contents roughly
Shinshu University is currently planning to implement it as described in the application guidelines, but it will be selected by the Faculty of Humanities and the Faculty of Economics depending on the state of emergency issued in any prefecture after February 2 and the subsequent spread of infection. Announced that the method will be changed.
On January 2021, 1, Utsunomiya University announced the cancellation of the individual academic ability test in the general selection in 21.New model ... → Continue reading
University journal online
This is a news site specializing in Japanese universities and education. We publish news related to universities such as research results and industry-academia collaborations, interviews with key people at each university, and columns by experts about student recruitment status and brand power.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Prefectures in JapanAdministrative divisionone of.
Municipalities are "basic local public bodies" (Local government lawArticle 2 paragraph 4), On the other hand, prefectures are regarded as "wide-area local public bodies that include municipalities" (paragraph 5 of the same Article), and handle wide-area affairs and liaison affairs related to municipalities.
All over Japan1724 municipalities(792 city,743 town,Village 189)as well as23special area(Tokyo Ward), All municipalities and special wards47 prefectures(1 capital,1 Road,2 prefectures,43 prefectures) Is included in any one, A two-stage local system.
As a voting body in prefecturesParliament (prefectural assembly), As an enforcement agencyGovernor(Governor Department). others,Public Safety Commission(Prefectural Public Safety Commission)Police headquarters,Board of education,Election Management Committee,Audit CommitteeSet up committees and committees and their secretariat. PrefecturesAutonomyHaveOrdinance・Establish rules,Local tax・Assuming and collecting contributions,Local bondHas the authority to issue.
Organizations that are the center of administrative work of prefectures andGovernment buildingIs referred to as the prefectural office, and is a city within the prefecture (Prefectural office location) Is installed.Some prefectures have the same city name as the prefecture name, while others have different names (#namereference).
1947(Showa22 years)5/3 OfThe Constitution of JapanOn the same day as the enforcementLocal government lawIs also enforced, mainly in prefectures and municipalitiesLocal autonomyThe system has started.The Local Autonomy Law stipulates a unified prefectural system.However, among the prefectures, the capital is characterized by having a certain authority to coordinate the special wards.There are no legal differences between prefectures, and the differences in names are exclusively historical... Roads are treated the same as prefectures under the Local Autonomy Law, but in addition to having a slightly different police organization from prefectures (Police lawArticles 46 and 51),River law(Article 96),Road law(Article 88), etc. have special rules about roads.
When referring to some of the prefectures in Japan, there is also a usage such as "prefecture" if Hokkaido is not included, and "prefecture" if Tokyo is not included.
Institutional change in the Meiji period
1871(Meiji4 years)Abandoned DomainIn each of the prefectures/prefectures/agencies/capitals that were sequentially installed before and afterMinistry of InteriorThe governor-appointed governor was in charge of administration and was positioned as a national administrative agency. On the other hand, a private election for eachParliamentHas been installed,Local autonomyExisted.
1868(Keio4th year, XNUMXst year of Meiji),Edo ShogunateDirect control of (Affairs-Flag bookThe territory of the Meiji era政府Became under the direct control of.the governmentSandu(Edo-Osaka-Kyoto),5 ports openedImportant areas that have jurisdiction overPrefectureAnd other thanPrefectureAs a matter of fact, "Chinese Affairs" was placed in the prefecture, and "Chinese Affairs" in the prefecture.ClanIs as it isDaming(Mouhou) ruled.
At this point, the princes have full control over the territory and the people.EmperorAlthough it was supposed to be redeemed toBakuhan system OfEdo ShogunateMeiji government took over the status ofPrefectural Sanji systemIs called (only prefectures are under direct control).
18699/29(Meiji 28/24), the official edict ofKyoto-Tokyo-OsakaIt is decided to call all the prefectures except for the other prefectures (Kanagawa Prefecture-Niigata Prefecture-Echigofu-Kaifu-Degree-Narafu-Hakodate-Nagasaki) Changed its name to prefecture. At this point,Emperor Yukiyuki TokyoでTokyoI was there,Takagoza(Indicates the whereabouts of the EmperorThroneAnd the place where this isImperial PalaceIt is said that there is no move, so Kyoto Prefecture, which has the high Goza, has a higher ranking than Tokyo Prefecture. In addition, before this proclamation of the Prime MinisterEdo prefectureIt was renamed from Edo to Tokyo at the same time.
18718/29(Meiji 47/14) Made inAbandoned DomainAs a result, the feudal clan became a prefecture and the whole country became a direct control of the Meiji government. As a result, 1 messenger (Pioneer) 3 prefectures (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka) 302 prefectures. At this point, it was almost the same as the boundaries of the feudal domain and the territory of the Edo period.EnclaveWas found all over the country, hindering prefectural administration. In December of the same year, this was consolidated and merged (First prefecture integration), and became one prefecture with 1 prefectures and 3 prefectures.
1876(Meiji 9) Large-scale merger of prefectures (First prefecture integration) Is done,1878Established in (Meiji 11)Local three new lawOne of theCounty, town and village organization lawDue to the merger and change of area due to, due to the division movement, although it temporarily decreased to 37 prefectures1889(22th year of Meiji)Municipal system-Municipal system,1890(23th year of Meiji)Prefecture system-County systemAfter the establishment ofHokkaido Government) 3 prefectures (Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka) became 43 prefectures. Since 1890 (Meiji 23), no prefecture mergers or divisions have taken place,1943(Showa 18) officiallyInlandTransferredKarafuto AgencyIn addition to the addition ofTokyoNext to the present (at the end of the war, 1 city (Tokyo) 2 agencies (Hokkaido agency/Karafuta agency) 2 prefectures (Kyoto/Osaka) 43 prefectures).
Incidentally,1902(35th year of Meiji),Ministry of InteriorWill abolish 47 prefectures from 19 prefectures and integrate them into 28 prefectures.Prefectural abolition billWas planning.1903(Meiji 36) The first in NovemberKeitaroCabinetByCabinetDecided, Next day1904It was scheduled to come into effect in April (Meiji 37).But in December of the same yearDissolution of the House of RepresentativesAnd March 1904Russo-Japanese WaroutbreakByParliamentIt was not submitted to.
After the abandonment of prefectures, the prefectural directors were renamed "prefectural ordinances" from "prefectural government", and the ministers of prefectures such as Kyoto, Tokyo, and Osaka were renamed "prefectural governors" to "prefectural governors."1886After (Meiji 19), both were "GovernorWas called. Prefectural governor and prefectural ordinance (prefectural governor)Ministry of InteriorDispatched fromOfficialsMet. On the other hand,1878It is one of the three local new laws enacted in (Meiji 11)Prefectural assembly rulesPrefectural assembly will be set up by (not applied to Hokkaido),Local autonomyIt also had a personality as the subject.
1889(Meiji 22)Municipal systemBegins, butCityIs representative ofCity councilAnd like the presentMayorWas not. However, while the cities under “prefecture” had “mayors recommended by the city council”, the cities under “prefecture” (Tokyo city-Kyoto City-Osaka), there is no mayor, and the prefectural governor also played the role (Municipal system exceptionreference). In these three cities,1898(Meiji 31) Only in October was the mayor born.
OkinawaThe background of the establishment of "prefectures" is different from the other 42 prefectures.
|2 prefectures||As the first prefectureHakodate,KyotoSettings.|
Or later,Prefectural Sanji systemBelow, the areas directly controlled by the government become prefectures
|3 prefectures 302 prefectures||Abandoned Domain.. All prefectures except Hokkaido are prefectures|
|3 prefectures 72 prefectures||1/19(Previous year12/10)- First prefecture integration|
|187512/20||3 prefectures 59 prefectures||Before the second prefecture integration|
|18761/2||3 prefectures 35 prefectures||December 12th of the previous year ~ |
Second prefecture integration.. The smallest number of prefectures after abandoned clan
|18794/4||3 prefectures 36 prefectures||OkinawaInstallation|
|18803/2||3 prefectures 37 prefectures||TokushimaSeparation|
|18819/12||3 prefectures 38 prefectures||TottoriSeparation|
|18822/8||3 prefectures 41 prefectures||PioneerThree prefecturesTransition to|
|18835/9||3 prefectures 44 prefectures||Toyama,Saga,MiyazakiSeparation|
|18861/26||3 prefectures 41 prefectures 1 agency||Three prefecturesHokkaido GovernmentTransition to|
|188711/4||3 prefectures 42 prefectures 1 agency||NaraSeparation|
|188812/3||3 prefectures 43 prefectures 1 agency||KagawaSeparation|
|18993/16||Prefecture systemIs enforced in 3 prefectures and 4 prefectures, excluding Hokkaido and Okinawa prefectures|
All 3 prefectures and 42 prefectures become "local governments"
|19431/20||3 prefectures 43 prefectures 2 agency||Karafuto AgencyCabinet decision to transfer inland|
|19437/1||1 prefecture 2 prefectures 43 prefectures 2 offices||Tokyo PrefectureTokyoTransition to|
|1945||1 prefecture 2 prefectures 42 prefectures 2 offices||Okinawa goes under US administration|
|19466/1||1 prefecture 2 prefectures 42 prefectures 1 offices||National Administrative Organization LawThe enforcement of the Karafuto Agency will be officially abolished.|
|19469/27||1 prefecture 1 prefecture 2 prefectures 42 prefectures||Hokkaido government moved to Hokkaido due to prefectural system revision|
|19475/3||Local government lawPrefectural government becomes "ordinary local public entity" by enforcement|
|19725/15||1 prefecture 1 prefecture 2 prefectures 43 prefectures||Okinawa returnReturned Okinawa Prefecture|
|* Pioneer andPrewarInForeign landExcluded.|
"HokkaidoIs called1869(2th year of Meiji)7 OfPioneerThe same year as the installation,MatsumaechiAnd the area called "Ezochi",11 counties in 86 countries in HokkaidoIt started even though it was established. this isRitual systemUnder 68CountryTheGoki ShichidoIt is consistent with the usage divided into.Oshima IslandAbout some of theTate prefectureAbsorbed by Hirosaki PrefectureAomoriWas transferred to the pioneering envoy.1882(15th year of Meiji) The pioneer ambassador was abolished and the province was divided into threeHakodate-Sapporo-NemuroAlthough three prefectures were set up,1886It was abolished in (Meiji 19) "Hokkaido GovernmentWas installed.
At that time, the jurisdiction of the Hokkaido Government was called "Hokkaido", but "Hokkaido" is simply a regional name.RegionIt is the name of the municipality, not the current "road" (InlandTransferredKarafutoInKarafuto AgencyCommon with the nomenclature). Therefore, the term "agency" was used when paralleling with other prefectures as a local government.
Under the Hokkaido government system (Meiji 19th Royal Decree No. 83 (later amended)), the Hokkaido government secretary was appointed as the governor of another prefecture.1901(Meiji 34), (Meiji 34 Law No. 2) and (Meiji 34 Law No. 3) were promulgated and a parliament was established.CorporationIt became a local government with a personality. In addition, the authority of the parliament was narrower in the Hokkaido association than in the prefectural association. Then, Karafuto (Common lawIn Article 1 paragraph 2Inland(Included in) was abolished and newly addedKarafuto AgencyWas officially added and became two offices.
Showa period system change
Second World WarIn1943(18)7/1,Tokyo Metropolitan GovernmentBy the enforcement of (Law No. 18 of 89),Tokyo city TheTokyoAbsorbed byTokyo", and was stripped of the municipality and autonomy. Under the Tokyo Metropolitan Government system (Korean Decree No. 18 of 504), the "Tokyo Metropolitan Secretary" was made the secretary and Tokyo was established.Internal affairsBe a bureaucratShigeo OdateWas appointed as the first generation.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government established a metropolitan assembly, and ward associations were also set up in each ward of the former Tokyo city, but the state's control over the ward was particularly strong.
After the war1946(Showa 21) With the revision of the prefectural system in September, and was abolished and integrated into the prefectural system, and the law was renamed the prefectural system.According to the supplementary provisions of this revised law, the local government, which was conventionally called Hokkaido local expenses, is now called "road".
1947(22)5/3With the enforcement of the Local Autonomy Law, the government system of the Hokkaido government was abolished, and the Hokkaido government agency, which was a local government agency, became "Hokkaido" which is one of the ordinary local public bodies.
After the enforcement of Local Autonomy Law
1947(Showa 22) March,The Constitution of JapanAs the law planned in Article 92Local government lawWas promulgated. Among them, the prefectures are not in the position of the former “subordinate body of the central government”,市町村Similar toOrdinary local governmentPositioned as a member of parliamentGovernorAlsoelectionWas chosen by. However,1947The first prefectural election for governors implemented in April (Showa 22) is not based on the local autonomy law that had not yet been enacted, but the prefectural system (prefecture system) and Tokyo Metropolitan Government system revision introduced a public election system for local ministers. It was done on the basis of that. At this time, 4 prefecture (Tokyo) 1 way (Hokkaido) 1 prefectures (Kyoto/Osaka prefecture) 2 prefectures. afterwards,1972(Showa 47)AmericaReturned to OkinawaOkinawaHas been set up, and it has become 43 prefectures again.
While the prefectural governor is elected, it has its origins before the warAgency delegationSystem is2000It survived for a long time until it was abolished in 12. Prefectures are usually on a par with municipalities as local public bodies, but prefectures市町村As a wide-area local public body that includes the above, the wide-area local governments, those related to communication adjustments related to municipalities, and those deemed unsuitable by ordinary municipalities due to their size or nature are processed (Local Autonomy Law (2nd Article 5))).
However, the definition of “unit” such as “capital”, “road”, “prefecture”, and “prefecture” is not specified in the Local Autonomy Law, and the current prefecture name is the same as Article 3, Paragraph 1 of the same law. It is used based on the rule that "the name of the local government is the conventional name". However, "city" is not just a name, but has a character different from "prefecture". That is, according to the Local Autonomy Law, the "ward" of the "city" is "special areaIt is said that (Local Autonomy Law Article 281 Paragraph 1), it is different from "prefecture". Even if you are a prefectureLaw on the establishment of special wards in metropolitan areasIt is possible to set up a special ward based on the above, and the prefectures that cover the special ward are, in principle, regarded as the "capital" for the application of the provisions of the Local Autonomy Law and other laws and regulations (Article 10 of the same law).
Okinawa The1945From (20) (officiallySan Francisco Peace TreatyCame into effect1952(27)4/28From)1972(Showa 47)Under US occupationThen, because it was not under Japanese rule, the treatment of Okinawa at this time was delicate,国会Then "Ryukyu government","Nansei IslandsIs used, and the number of prefectures is counted as "1 prefectures" of "1 prefecture, 2 prefectures and 42 prefectures", and Okinawa is not included in the number of prefectures..
- Local council -Secretariat
Tax paid to prefectures
The merger of prefectures or the establishment of new prefectures is called "decommissioning", and can be divided as follows.
- Abolish multiple prefectures and establish new prefectures (union).
- Abolish one prefecture and make that area an area of another prefecture (transfer).
- Abolish one prefecture and set up multiple prefectures in that area (division).
- Establish a new prefecture by separating part of the prefecture area (separation).
Regarding decommissioning, “boundary change” (changing only the area without setting or abolishing prefectures)市町村Including the transfer of the prefecture to which the company belongs)Article 6 of the Local Autonomy Lawas well as the Article 6-2Stipulated in.
Principle procedure for disposal and consolidation
By law (Article 6, paragraph 1). This lawArticle 95 of the ConstitutionIt is understood that it is a "special law that applies only to one local public entity" (a special law for local autonomy) defined in stipulations. No (Detailed rulesArticle 261 of the Local Autonomy Law-Article 262).
Merge and transfer exceptions
With the revision of Law No. 16 in 57, a new procedure for merging/transferring was established by a simple method.
- When abolishing multiple prefectures and establishing new prefectures in all areas
- When one prefecture is abolished and the entire area is changed to another prefecture
- Apply by the decision of the relevant prefectural assembly,
- Determined by the Cabinet after approval by the Diet.
It was made possible to follow the procedure (Local Autonomy Law, Article 6-2).
this is,NaganoYamaguchi VillageとGifuNakatsugawaAt the time of the merger with, the fact that it was necessary to enact a law for mergers of municipalities that span prefectures (new mergers) was highlighted, andPrefectural systemIt was established with the intention of promoting voluntary merger of prefectures as the first stage of introduction.
Decommissioning and Governor/Member
- In the case of a merger, the governors of the relevant prefectures and members of the parliament will lose their jobs, and the governor's election and the member's election will be held in the newly established prefecture.
- In the case of transfer, the governor and councilor of the transferred prefecture will lose their jobs, but the governor and councilor of the transferred prefecture will not lose their jobs.
- In the case of a division, the governors and members of the prefectures to be abolished will lose their jobs, and the governors' elections and members' elections will be held in the newly established prefectures after the division.
- In the case of separation, the prefectural governors and members of the prefectural government will not lose their jobs, and the prefectural governor's election and the members' election will be held in the newly established prefecture.
Border change of prefectures is basically based on the law (Special Act on Local Autonomy) as in the case of abandonment and consolidation, but in the following cases, it will be "change itself" (Local Autonomy Act No. 6). Article 2).
- When there is a change in the boundaries of municipalities that are also boundaries of prefectures
- When municipalities were set up across the boundaries of prefectures
In these two cases, the relevant municipalities/prefectures will apply through the decisions of the respective parliament and will be determined by the Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications (Article 7 paragraph 3).
- When the area that did not belong to the area of the local government was transferred to the area of the municipality
This is because the change is due to the change in the area of the municipality, like the change of the boundary of the municipality.
Change of prefecture
Even when the whole municipality or county is transferred to another prefecture, it is a boundary change between prefectures and is subject to the law (as of September 25, 9).
Union of municipalities that span prefectures
When a municipality belonging to a different prefecture is abolished and a municipality is established in that area, the relevant municipality/prefecture applies for each through a vote of the Parliament and is determined by the Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications (Article 7, paragraph 3). ).
Conventionally, the unification of municipalities that cross the boundaries of prefectures (abolishing multiple municipalities and establishing new municipalities in that area) is also subject to the newly enacted law under Article 6 Clause 1. It was supposed to be (No. 28 of own departure from June 6, 29).
For that reason,2005(Heisei(17) The merger of Yamaguchi Village in Nagano Prefecture and Nakatsugawa City in Gifu Prefecture will take the form of transfer to Nakatsugawa City. Taking this as an opportunity, it was decided that the amendment under Law No. 16 in 57 would be similar to the procedure for changing the boundaries of municipalities across prefecture boundaries.
Area where division theory exists
1876In some prefectures where a large-scale merger was carried out (Meiji 9), there are some prefectures that were divided again due to the division movement.1888(Meiji 21) At the endKagawa EhimeNo division of prefectures has been implemented since it was separated from.
However, even now, there are voices calling for the division of prefectures, such as the mayors, prefectural governors, and online. Here, we list the prefectures where the mayor or prefectural governor suggests division or separation of prefectures.
- 2006(18) In early March,ReinanCorresponds to (Wakasa region)Tsuruga,Obama City OfMayorIs "(ifPrefectural systemWhen it is laid)ReihokuIf the (Echizen region) enters Hokuriku, it will enter Kinki even if it has no relation to Reihoku," he said, suggesting the withdrawal from the southern part of Fukui prefecture.
- Chikuma PrefectureHas been split and transferred to Nagano Prefecture, and there have been many movements for splitting. After the merger of both prefectures, it was created as a song song for geography education within the prefecture.Shinano countryWas widely sung as a de facto prefectural song, and was made a symbol of the integration of prefectural awareness (formally established as a prefectural song in 1968).
- Yamaguchi Shimonoseki,FukuokaKitakyushu
- Kanmon StraitShimonoseki City and Kitakyushu City, which are located on both sides of theStateDoes not belong toKanmon Special CityThere is a movement to form.
- Goki ShichidoOut of (XNUMX Goki)Kinai-Sanin road-Sanyo road-NankaidoAcross (most in 47 prefectures),Regulatory countryThen.Settsu-Tamba country-Tajima country-Harima country-Beautiful land-Bizen country-Awaji countryThere is a theory of separation because it spans 7 countries (after 11 countries in Hokkaido) and has different history and climate. Described as 7 borders, 6 republics, 5 ethnic groups, 4 languages, 3 religions, 2 letters, 1 nation.ユ ー ゴ ス ラ ビ ア"Hyogoslavia" was even compared to.
Indicates the location on the map. Separated from Hokkaido and Okinawa.
Major remote island affiliations that are unclear or omitted in the map above are as follows.
- Etorofu Island,Kunashiri Island,Shikotan Island -Hokkaido
- Rebun Island,Rishiri Island,Okushiri Island -Hokkaido
- Sado Island -Niigata Prefecture
- Izu Islands,Ogasawara Islands - Tokyo
- Oki Islands - Shimane Prefecture
- Awaji Island -Hyogo Prefecture
- Bisan Islands -Okayama prefecture, Kagawa prefecture
- Geiyo Islands -Hiroshima prefecture, Ehime prefecture
- Boso Islands -Yamaguchi prefecture, Ehime prefecture
- Tsushima,Iki,Hirado Island,Goto Islands - Nagasaki Prefecture
- Amakusa islands -Kumamoto prefecture, Kagoshima prefecture
- Kashiwa Islands - Kagoshima prefecture
- Satsunan Islands(Osumi Islands,Tokara Islands,Amami archipelago) - Kagoshima prefecture
- Ryukyu Islands(Okinawa Islands,Sakishima Islands),Daito Islands - Okinawa Prefecture
Here is a list of prefectures according to the most common regional divisions. For other regional divisionsRegion of JapanSee.
|Honshu||Tohoku region||Aomori Iwate Miyagi Akita Yamagata Fukushima|
|Kanto region||Ibaraki Tochigi Gunma Saitama Chiba Tokyo Kanagawa|
|Chubu region||Niigata Toyama Ishikawa Fukui Yamanashi Nagano Gifu Shizuoka Aichi|
|Kinki||Mie Shiga Kyoto Osaka Hyogo Nara Wakayama|
|Chugoku||Tottori Shimane Okayama Hiroshima Yamaguchi|
|Shikoku||Shikoku region||Tokushima Kagawa Ehime Kochi|
|Kyushu, Okinawa||Kyushu and Okinawa region||Fukuoka Saga Nagasaki Kumamoto Oita Miyazaki Kagoshima Okinawa|
Alphabetical order/basic data
- The metropolitan area of Tokyo isTokyo 23 Ward(Tokyo's XNUMX wards) may be used.
- The largest city is the city with the largest population in each prefecture (Tokyo isspecial area), as of 2015 (Heisei 27) Census.
- Population and population density is 2015 (Heisei 27)CensusThe area is as of 2014 (Heisei 26)Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and TourismGeographical Survey InstituteAccording to the “26 National Survey of Areas by Prefectures” announced byNorthern TerritoriesExcept.
- ※mark:House of CouncilorsRegarding the fixed number of lawmakers, Tottori prefecture and Shimane prefectureTottori Prefecture/Shimane Prefecture Election DistrictAs 2 seats, Tokushima prefecture, Kochi prefectureTokushima Prefecture/Kochi Prefecture Election DistrictHas been assigned 2 seats.
- 市町村Number andcountyThe numbers are as of April 2014, 26.Government-designated city OfAdministrative districtExcept in Tokyospecial areaIncludes. Northern territories are excluded.
- 国会The constant is 2019 (ReiwaAs of August. (House of Councilors Saitama Prefectural CouncilWill increase by 2022 from 4 (1th year of Reiwa) to 8. )
|The population density|
Masses / Reference
|Aichi Prefecture||Aichi||Nagoya city||Nagoya city||Central part||7,484,094||5,172.40||1,446.9||54||23||15 / 8|
|Aomori prefecture||Aomori||Aomori||Aomori||Tohoku||1,308,649||9,645.40||135.7||40||02||3 / 2|
|Akitaken||Akita||Akita City||Akita City||Tohoku||1,022,839||11,637.54||87.9||25||05||3 / 2|
|Ishikawa Prefecture||Ishikawa||Kanazawa||Kanazawa||Central part||1,154,343||4,186.15||275.8||19||17||3 / 2|
|Ibaraki Ken||Ibaraki||Mito||Mito||Kanto||2,917,857||6,096.93||478.6||44||08||7 / 4|
|Iwateken||Iwate||Morioka||Morioka||Tohoku||1,279,814||15,275.02||83.8||33||03||3 / 2|
|Ehime Ken||Ehime||Matsuyama City||Matsuyama City||Shikoku||1,385,840||5,676.10||244.2||20||38||4 / 2|
|Oitaken||Oita||Oita City||Oita City||Kyusyu||1,166,729||6,340.61||184.0||18||44||3 / 2|
|Osaka Prefecture||Osaka||Osaka||Osaka||Kinki||8,838,908||1,904.99||4,639.9||43||27||19 / 8|
|Okayama Prefecture||Okayama||Okayama City||Okayama City||Chugoku||1,922,181||7,114.62||270.2||27||33||5 / 2|
|Okinawan||Okinawa||Naha||Naha||Okinawa||1,434,138||2,281.00||628.7||41||47||4 / 2|
|I don't know||Kagawa||Takamatsu||Takamatsu||Shikoku||976,756||1,876.73||520.5||17||37||3 / 2|
|Kagoshima Ken||Kagoshima||Kagoshima||Kagoshima||Kyusyu||1,648,752||9,188.10||179.4||43||46||4 / 2|
|Kanagawa Prefecture||Kanagawa||横 浜 市||横 浜 市||Kanto||9,127,323||2,415.81||3,778.2||33||14||18 / 8|
|Gifuken||Gifu||(I.e.||(I.e.||Central part||2,032,533||10,621.29||191.4||42||21||5 / 2|
|Today||Kyoto||Kyoto City||Kyoto City||Kinki||2,610,140||4,612.20||565.9||26||26||6 / 4|
|Kumamoto Ken||Kumamoto||Kumamoto-shi||Kumamoto-shi||Kyusyu||1,786,969||7,409.32||241.2||45||43||4 / 2|
|Gunmaken||Gunma||Maebashi||Takasaki||Kanto||1,973,476||6,362.28||310.2||35||10||5 / 2|
|Kouchiken||Kochi||Kochi||Kochi||Shikoku||728,461||7,103.91||102.5||34||39||2 / *|
|Saitama prefecture||Saitama||Saitama||Saitama||Kanto||7,261,271||3,797.75||1,912.0||63||11||15 / 7|
|Saken||Saga||Saga City||Saga City||Kyusyu||833,245||2,440.64||341.4||20||41||2 / 2|
|Shigaken||Shiga||Otsu City||Otsu City||Kinki||1,413,184||4,017.38||351.8||19||25||4 / 2|
|Shizuoka Ken||Shizuoka||Shizuoka City||Hamamatsu city||Central part||3,701,181||7,778.70||475.8||35||22||8 / 4|
|Shimaneken||Shimane||Matsue||Matsue||Chugoku||694,188||6,708.23||103.5||19||32||2 / *|
|Chiba Prefecture||Chiba||Chiba||Chiba||Kanto||6,224,027||5,157.64||1,206.8||54||12||13 / 6|
|Tokyo Metropolitan area||Tokyo||Shinjuku ward (Tokyo 23 Ward）||Setagaya (Tokyo 23 Ward）||Kanto||13,513,734||2,190.90||6,168.1||62||13||25 / 12|
|Tokushima Ken||Tokushima||Tokushima||Tokushima||Shikoku||756,063||4,146.93||182.3||24||36||2 / *|
|Tochigiken||Tochigi||Utsunomiya City||Utsunomiya City||Kanto||1,974,671||6,408.09||308.2||25||09||5 / 2|
|Tottoriken||Tottori||Tottori City||Tottori City||Chugoku||573,648||3,507.05||163.6||19||31||2 / *|
|Toyama Ken||Toyama||Toyama||Toyama||Central part||1,066,883||4,247.61||251.2||15||16||3 / 2|
|Nagasaki Ken||Nagasaki||Nagasaki||Nagasaki||Kyusyu||1,377,780||4,132.32||333.4||21||42||4 / 2|
|Nagano||Nagano||Nagano city||Nagano city||Central part||2,099,759||13,561.56||154.8||77||20||5 / 2|
|Naraken||Nara||Nara||Nara||Kinki||1,365,008||3,690.94||369.8||39||29||3 / 2|
|Niigata Prefecture||Niigata||Niigata||Niigata||Central part||2,305,098||12,584.10||183.2||30||15||6 / 2|
|Hyoken||Hyogo||Kobe City||Kobe City||Kinki||5,536,989||8,400.90||659.1||41||28||12 / 6|
|Hiroshima Ken||Hiroshima||Hiroshima city||Hiroshima city||Chugoku||2,844,963||8,479.38||335.5||23||34||7 / 4|
|Fukuiken||Fukui||Fukui City||Fukui City||Central part||787,099||4,190.43||187.8||17||18||2 / 2|
|Fukuoka province||Fukuoka||Fukuoka City||Fukuoka City||Kyusyu||5,102,871||4,986.40||1,023.4||60||40||11 / 6|
|Fukushima Ken||Fukushima||Fukushima||Iwaki||Tohoku||1,913,606||13,783.75||138.8||59||07||5 / 2|
|How are you||Hokkaido||Sapporo||Sapporo||Hokkaido||5,383,579||83,424.22||68.6||179||01||12 / 6|
|Mieken||Mie||Tsu City||Yokkaichi||Kinki||1,815,827||5,774.39||314.5||29||24||4 / 2|
|Miyagi Ken||Miyagi||Sendai city||Sendai city||Tohoku||2,334,215||7,282.14||320.5||35||04||6 / 2|
|Miyazaki Ken||Miyazaki||Miyazaki City||Miyazaki City||Kyusyu||1,104,377||7,735.31||142.8||26||45||3 / 2|
|Yamagata Ken||Yamagata||Yamagata||Yamagata||Tohoku||1,122,957||9,323.15||120.4||35||06||3 / 2|
|Yamaguchi Ken||Yamaguchi||Yamaguchi City||Shimonoseki||Chugoku||1,405,007||6,112.30||229.9||19||35||4 / 2|
|Yamanashi Ken||Yamanashi||Kofu City||Kofu City||Central part||835,165||4,464.99||187.0||27||19||2 / 2|
|Wakayama Prefecture||Wakayama||Wakayama City||Wakayama City||Kinki||963,850||4,724.68||204.0||30||30||3 / 2|
As is clear from the table (location and county of government office when the prefecture was established), the principle of prefecture name is the location of the government office. However, if the place name on which the prefecture name is based falls under the following, the prefecture name does not match the current city name of the residence.
- When the "county name" does not match the "city name" of the government building location (prefectures where the "location county" column is colored blue in the table, except for the two prefectures whose city name was changed later).
- If it is not the current location of the government building (Tochigi-Gunma-Saitama-Mie）.
- If it does not exist as a "city" due to a city merger (Tokyo-Kanagawa-Hyogo).
- If neither "city name" nor "county name" (Hokkaido-Ehime-Okinawa）.
1888Since (Meiji 21), there is no change in the place name part of the prefecture name, and now the place name part of the prefecture has become established. Refers to the entire Aomori Prefecture rather than the city) usage is generally used, but is originally a place name showing only a part of the area. Especially when the prefecture name does not match the city name of the government office building, it is often misunderstood that the prefecture name is originally a place name pointing to the entire area. The place name part of the current prefecture name indicates the whole area of prefecture.HokkaidoとEhimeOnly.
The principle of using the location of the government building for the prefecture name isNaming rules in the Sanjo system of the prefectureTheAbandoned DomainIt is believed that it was inherited afterwards. Throughout the Edo periodClan namingIt was not recognized that there was a unified policy in (in the first place, the name "han" itself is not the official one at that time),castle townName (eg "Kagoshima clan"),Regulatory countryIt was unclear whether to refer to a wide-area place name (for example, "Satsuma Domain") or the family name of the lord (for example, "Shimadzu Domain"). City name or village name of the government office location (exceptionally, the county name is used in some cases, and the regulatory country name is also used in prefectures and prefectures)) Is the only thing that has come to be used exclusivelyPrefectural Sanji systemAfter that.
after that,Abandoned DomainRight afterFirst prefecture integrationThere were many cases where the prefecture name based on "city name" was renamed to "gun name" at the time of and immediately after that (within about 7 months), and the specific reason is not always clear. In addition, this renameBoshin WarThe theory that it was based on a clear political will to display "reverse" in (Award and punishment), but this theory"Forward and Reverse" evaluation criteria are not clear,Cannot demonstrate the existence of political willThere are problems such as.
Renamed immediately after the first prefecture integrationSince then, the change of the prefecture name due to the relocation of the prefectural office has been exceptional. Even if the prefectural government offices are inherited, the prefectural name is also inherited (Abandoned domain # Transfer from the first prefecture integration to the second prefecture integration"Integration", "Transfer" andAbandoned clan prefecture # Second prefecture integrationSee "Transfer"). The obvious exception is the prefecture's name, which is a "grand name" that symbolizes the entire jurisdiction.Ishitetsu prefectureとKamiyamaAs a new "elegant name" when they mergeEhimeIt was the same as the case namedShirakawaAccording to the principleKumamotoOnly two cases have been renamed to. Cases corresponding to exceptions have also been abolishedShinkawa Prefecture-Asuwa prefecture-Meito prefectureWhen we reinstated, instead of the original prefecture nameToyama-Fukui-TokushimaIt is limited to 3 cases.First prefecture integrationAfter that, the case where the prefectural office was moved to another city (Tochigi) And the place name that is the basis of the prefecture name disappeared (Shimane,Kanagawa TownThe name of the prefecture has not changed.
English name of prefecture
PrefectureEnglish"Prefecture" is used as a translation, but this wordCentral governmentDispatched fromPrefectural governor(Prefect) has a sense of word of jurisdiction (similar example: France), the governor has been electedAfter the warIn, this word does not match the word sense,PrewarIt is still used by the convention from. In addition,TokyoIn the case of, "metropolis" is also used.HokkaidoIn some cases, "prefecture" is not used and "Hokkaido" is sometimes used.
Many prefecturesPrefecture flag,Prefecture badge,symbol markHave been established. They areNational Athletic MeetIn addition to being used for events such as, it is also displayed at the facilities of prefectures, and is used as a sign of facilities managed by prefectures.
Also, in many prefectures,flower, "Of the prefectureThu, "Of the prefecture(I.e.Has been established. Some of them have designated "prefecture fish" and "prefecture beast". Detail isList of symbols of prefecturesSee.
See below for other symbols.
- song - Prefectural folk song
- anniversary - Prefectural day
- Mascot character - Prefecture mascot
- stone - Prefecture stone
- ^ Find out the number of municipalities | General counter for official statistics(Retrieved September 2020, 10)
- ^ Hiroshi Shiono, Administrative Law III, 3rd Edition, p. 137, Yuhikaku,2006
- ^ "Prefectural abolition bill (submitted for dissolution)”(Japanese). National Archives Digital Archive.National Archives of Japan. 2020/12/31Browse.
- ^ However, strictly speaking, the bill does not mention Hokkaido and Okinawa prefectures.In addition, Hokkaido at that time was a public corporation with "Hokkaido local expenses" which is different from the prefectural system.Hokkaido GovernmentWas governing.Also, "Okinawa Prefecture"1879It was established in (Meiji 12), but1909Until (Meiji 42), the prefectural system like other prefectures was not enforced.
- ^ Mitsuo Takenaga. “First Katsura Cabinet's prefectural abolition plan and Tsugunori Fukuoka / Mayor Matsue's move to Tokyo (Matsue City History Study 1)". Shimane Regional Material Repository. Matsue City Board of Education. 2020/12/31Browse.
- ^ "Russo-Japanese War chronology". Russo-Japanese War Special Exhibition. National Archives of Japan Center for Asian Historical Records. 2021/1/2Browse.
- ^ Nikkei Inc., Nikkei BP. “Kita Kanto 3 prefectures are "Utsunomiya prefecture" 28 phantom prefectural plans | Entertainment! ｜ NIKKEI STYLE”(Japanese). NIKKEI STYLE. 2020/12/19Browse.
- ^ Tadamitsu Saito (2013). “Attachment to the Prefectural Abolition Law [Complete Map of the Empire of Japan]”. Japan Map Society "Map" Vol. 51, No. 3: 17.
- ^ "Tadamitsu Saito, "Attachment to the Prefectural Abolition Law [Complete Map of the Empire of Japan]", "Map" Vol. 51, No. 3, 2013, pp. 17-18”. J-STAGE. 2020/12/19Browse.
- ^ 国会議事録第6回衆議院地方行政委員会10号（昭和24年11月25日）門司委員、あるいは国会議事録第38回参議院文教委員会9号（昭和36年03月09日）Mitsuyoshi YajimaAnd many more
- ^ “Hyogo responds to SNS posts by the Hyogo Slavia Federation”. Kobe newspaper(July 2018, 8) 2018/12/19Browse. Although it was an article in August 2018, there is also a statement in the text that ""Hyogoslavia" became a hot topic on the Internet several years ago."
- ^ Only the type that has been changed while maintaining the place name part goes back to before the change.If a prefecture with the same place name is once abolished, it will be the government building when it is revived.As a county in Tokyo, Kyoto, and OsakaEdo Castle-Nijo Castle-Osaka CastleI marked the county.
- ^ a b c Oita and Miyazaki renamed the prefectural office location name to match the county name after the prefecture was established. Akita also renamed the county name after entering the Meiji era, but before the prefecture was established.
- ^ The difference between the prefecture name of Tochigi prefecture and the location name of the prefectural office is that the conflict between Utsunomiya prefecture and the former Tochigi prefecture continued for a long time, so instead of moving the prefectural office from Tochigi to Utsunomiya, the prefecture name remains "Tochigi prefecture". By doing so, both faces are raised.
- ^ When Saitama Prefecture was established, Iwatsuki was planned to be the prefectural capital, but a temporary government building was set up in Urawa, and Urawa became the prefectural capital without moving to Iwatsuki.Urawa is not Saitama-gun but Adachi-gun.
- ^ Urawa City, which was the prefectural capital, merged with Omiya City and Yono City.Later, Iwatsuki City, which was the original planned location of the prefectural office, was incorporated.
- ^ Shinjuku Ward is also a part of the former Tokyo City, and the current location of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building is the former Yodobashi Ward, which was Toshima County (later Minami Toshima County ⇒ Toyotama County) before the incorporation of Tokyo City.
- ^ "Kanagawa" as the name of the municipality has disappeared, but now Yokohama City "Kanagawa Ward" exists as the base of the prefecture name.
- ^ a b IshikawaIs based on the county to which Mikawa (currently Hakusan City) belongs, which is not the current location of the prefectural office, but Kanazawa, the current location, is also in Ishikawa County.
- ^ First prefecture integrationSince then, there are cases where the “county name” of the government office is used as a prefecture name, and those that do not currently exist as prefectures (including those that were once abolished and revived under a different prefecture name)Iwai prefecture-Okitama Prefecture-Bandai prefecture-Shinji prefecture-Inba Prefecture-Iruma-Ashigara-Shinkawa Prefecture-Asuwa prefecture-Chikuma Prefecture-Nukata prefecture-Dokai prefecture-Inugami-Shikama Prefecture-Hojo Prefecture-Fukatsu-Oda-Meito prefecture-Mitan prefectureThere are 19 cases (Fukutsu prefecture → Oda prefecture are renamed due to the relocation of the government building, so there are 18 prefectures in total).
- ^ Present in Maebashi cityGunmaThe office was located in Gunma-gun since the law, but in the early Meiji eraAn area that is effectively one with Seta-gun, And the county was eventually reset accordingly, so we considered it to be "not the county of the current location".
- ^ Cases where the location of the government building, which is the basis of the prefecture name, is not the actual locationFirst prefecture integrationからFirst prefecture integrationThere are many places up to, and the planned place name was used as a nonexistent example.Mizusawa-Inba Prefecture-FukatsuAnd adjacent place names were usedKisarazu-HamadaThere are such cases (dissolved discrepancies in a short period of time, since there are many cases where it is not obvious whether or not they are applicable, it is difficult to list all of them without excess or deficiency).
- ^ A non-existent case where a place name that is neither "city name" nor "county name" is used isFirst prefecture integrationAfter thatIshitetsu prefecture-Kamiyama-ShirakawaThere are 3 cases. BesidesNanao PrefectureIn the example, "common name of city = name of castle" is used.
- ^ Specifically, the entire government was a former Shogunate territory.Sado prefecture,Hida Prefecture,KaifuAlso played a role in postwar processing of the Boshin WarEchigofu, Had a direct jurisdiction over the relatively small area (mainly the old flag territory)Kawachi Prefecture,Settsu prefecture,Mikawa PrefectureThere is a similar exampleMusashichi Prefectural Government,Hitachi Prefecture Prefectural Government,Shimosui Prefectural Government,Kazusa Awachi Prefectural GovernmentThere is, but SadoFirst prefecture integrationExcept left overAbandoned DomainIt has disappeared due to renaming and integration before.
Data by prefecture
- Prefectural office location
- Prefectural office location and population rank of ordinance-designated cities
- Prefectural governor
- Area list of prefectures
- List of prefectures
- List of past prefectures' population
- Prefectural economic calculation
- ISO 3166-2: JP
- Prefectural association
- Japan's best list of local governments