Photo [Breaking news] Three new coronavirus infections confirmed in Niigata prefecture
[Breaking news] Three new coronavirus infections confirmed in Niigata prefecture
If you write the contents roughly
On the 30th, two people were confirmed to be infected in Niigata City, and the number of infected people in Niigata Prefecture was 2.
Niigata Prefecture announced on the XNUMXth that it has confirmed three new coronavirus infections.・ Joetsu City Unemployed woman (... → Continue reading
BSN Niigata Broadcasting
"Niigata Local News" is delivered by Niigata Broadcasting who loves hometowns more than anyone as a broadcasting station that is closer and more reliable than anywhere else in Niigata.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
The area is the fifth largest in 47 prefectures, and the length of the coastline is 5 kilometers (Honshu 634.0 kilometers, Sado Island 331.0 kilometers, Awashima 279.9 kilometers)..
In ancient timesVietnamIs the territory ofGoki Shichido OfHokuriku RoadOccupy the eastern half ofRegulatory countryIn (old country)Echigo countryとSadoEquivalent to the entire area of. From this old country name,KoshisaSometimes expressed as (esa).
About the name
- Prefecture badge
- The prefectural emblem is the one in which the word "new" is broken is placed on the center, and the area around it is surrounded by a round design of "play". In addition to the prefecture emblem, a symbol mark has also been established.
- Main mountains
- Echigo mountain range,Mikuni Mountains,Hida Mountains,Asahi mountain area,Mt. Iidesan Land,Mt. Kushigatayama vein
- Main mountain
- Mt. Myokosan,Mt. Hakai,Mt. Makihatayama,Mt.,Mount Kinjo,Mount Sakado,Mt.,Mt. Uonuma Komagatake,Mt. Kinpokusan,Mt. Niigatayakeyama,Mt. Yoneyama,Mt. Naebayama,Small lotus flower mountain,Mt. Hiuchiyama,Mt. Iidesan,Mt. Sumondake,Mt. Gozusan,Mt. Ninoujidake,Mt. Nakanodake,Mt. Hiragatake,Mt. Yukikuradake,Mt. Asahidake,Mt. Saburyuyama,Tanigawadake
- Main pass
- Yasurigoe,Sixty-seven crossings,Mikuni Pass,Shimizu Pass,Sozatoge Pass,Kuzuha Pass,Nojiri slope pass
- Main river
- Shinano River,Agano River,Shibukai River,Uono River,Arakawa,Sanmen River,Sekigawa,Himekawa,Kofu River,Igarashi River
- Main lake
- Lake Kamo,Hyoko,
- Main lagoon
- Fukushimagata,Toriya Nogata,Sagata
- Main dam
- Okutadami Dam,Mikunigawa Dam
- Bandai Asahi National Park,Oze National Park,Joshinetsu Kogen National Park,Myoko Togakushi Mountains National Park,Chubu Mountain National Park
The whole prefectureSea of Japan side climateでHeavy snowfallIt is a part of special heavy snowfall area, and the mountainous area is one of the most heavy snowfall areas in the world. EspeciallyTsunan Town,Tokamachi,Myoko CityThere is a lot of snow in the surrounding area. HoweverSea of Japan OfWarm current(Tsushima Current) InfluencelatitudeBecause of the high winter temperature and short sunshine hoursRadiation coolingIs less likely to occur and does not get cold in the morning and evening. Therefore, the falling snow has a lot of water and is heavy. on the other hand,Kashiwazaki,NiigataThere is not much snow cover in the coastal areas such asGeography of Niigata City # SnowSee).
SummerFern phenomenonAs a result, the temperature tends to rise and the humidity is high, making it hot and humid. EspeciallyItoigawaIs observing the highest record of the lowest temperature in Japan, 31.3 °C,Tropical nightIt is known as a place with a lot of people.
|Japan Meteorological Agency 1981-2010 Climatological Normal||Prefecture 1994-2019 average value|
|Observation point||Cumulative amount of snowfall||Deepest snow||Observation point||Cumulative amount of snowfall||Deepest snow|
|Yasuka||966 cm||174 cm||Itoigawa||279 cm||62 cm|
|(I.e.||635 cm||122 cm||North castle||413 cm||91 cm|
|Nou||620 cm||116 cm||Satoshi Nakane||934 cm||184 cm|
|Sekiyama||1172 cm||216 cm||Myoko Kogen||1471 cm||260 cm|
|Tsunan||1349 cm||274 cm||Kakizaki||206 cm||45 cm|
|Yuzawa||1180 cm||211 cm||Yuzawa||1320 cm||245 cm|
|Tokamachi||1169 cm||224 cm||Matsunoyama|
* Missing data in 2005
|1397 cm||297 cm|
|Koide||965 cm||--||Minami Uonuma||889 cm||188 cm|
|Guardian||1343 cm||--||Ojiya||665 cm||143 cm|
|Kashiwazaki||378 cm||63 cm||Tochio||670 cm||130 cm|
|Nagaoka||595 cm||95 cm||Nagaoka||416 cm||85 cm|
|Xinjin||320 cm||55 cm||Sanjo||259 cm||53 cm|
|Niigata||217 cm||36 cm||Niigata||131 cm||30 cm|
|Tsugawa||721 cm||109 cm||Shibata||244 cm||48 cm|
|Shimonoseki||614 cm||83 cm||(I.e.||223 cm||46 cm|
|Aikawa||119 cm||18 cm||Ryotsu||156 cm||29 cm|
- ■Cumulative amount of snowfall: The total amount of snowfall per day for the entire season (normal value)
- ■Deepest snow: Maximum snow depth of the season (normal value)
- ■Coldest month temperature: Average temperature in the coldest month (January) (normal value)
- * For comparison with other prefectures, see "Geography of Niigata City # Snow""Snowfall #Record of snowfall (Japan)""Snow cover # Deepest snow cover average and extremumSee each article.
Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.euThese four regions are also reported, and weather warnings and warnings are further detailed in 4 regions.[Note 3]Will be announced every..In addition, in Niigata Prefecture, the area around Sanjo City and Tsubame City, which are generally located near the boundary between the Chuetsu region and the Shimoetsu region,Central prefecture areaIn the Chuetsu regionMinamiuonuma City,Ojiya,TokamachiAroundUonuma area, In the Shimoetsu districtAgano RiverNorthAgakita,Prefecture northSometimes called.
Niigata prefecture has a large area, so2000(HeiseiAt the stage of 12, there were 112 municipalities (at that time).Hokkaido,NaganoNext to the third place in Japan).HoweverGreat Heisei mergerBy2010By April (22), there are 4 municipalities.As for the counties, all are in the state of only one town and village, except that Iwafune-gun has two villages.There are the following 30 cities, 2 counties, 1 towns and 20 villages.. All towns are read as "towns" and all villages are read as "mura."
- Nagaoka(Special City at Enforcement)
- Sanjo City
- Kamo City
- Mitsuke City
- Uonuma City
- Minamiuonuma City
- Minamiuonuma District
- Niigata(Prefectural office location-Government-designated city）
- Shibata City
- Murakami City
- Tsubame City
- Gosen City
- Agano City
- Wombai city
- Sado City(One island, one city)
Wide administrative area
1969FormulationNew National Comprehensive Development PlanA wide-area living area (wide-area municipal area) starting from (New Zenso) was set as 14 area (initially 12 area) in Niigata prefecture, and became a wide-area administrative unit..Great Heisei mergerSince then, the example of becoming one city within the area has appeared, so the breakdown is 9 regional administrative areas and 5 cities,Cooperation Central urban area plan-Sedentary areaMany were disbanded due to the appearance of a new system such as a concept(In the case of one city in the area, the area name isItalic ).
- Iwafune area (Murakami City,Sekikawa,Awashimaura Village -1 city and 2 villages)
- Shibata area (Shibata City,Wombai city,Seiromachi -2 cities and 1 town)
- Niigata area (Niigata,Agano City -2 cities)
- Gosen area (Gosen City,Aga Town -1 cities and 1 town)
- Sanjo, Tsubame area (Sanjo City,Tsubame City,Kamo City,Tagami Town,Yahiko Village -3 cities, 1 town, 1 village)
- Nagaoka area (Nagaoka,Ojiya,Mitsuke City,Izumozaki Town-3 cities and 1 town)
- Kashiwazaki area (Kashiwazaki,Kariwa Village -1 city and 1 villages)
- Uonuma area (Uonuma City -1 cities)
- Minami Uonuma area (Minamiuonuma City,Yuzawa Town -1 cities and 1 town)
- Tokamachi area (Tokamachi,Tsunan Town -1 cities and 1 town)
- Joetsu area (Joetsu City -1 cities)
- Myoko area (Myoko City -1 cities)
- Itoigawa area (Itoigawa -1 cities)
- Sado area (Sado City -1 cities)
1874From (Meiji 7)1896According to the statistics of (Meiji 29), it was the prefecture with the largest population in Japan, with the number of people increasing from 150 million to 180 million (→List of past prefecture population # 1884-1918,). At this time,UrbanizationHas not progressed, and nearly 9% of the JapaneseAgriculture:Niigata Prefecture, which has a high yield, has a high population recharge ability because it has established a life by[Note 4].CensusIn,1940(Showa 15) exceeded 200 million people,1955(Showa 30), it was 247.3 million1970(Showa 45), it decreased to 236.1. Then increase,1985In 60, it reached 247.8.1997(9) 249 (Estimated population) After recording the peak at,2005(17) 243.1 people (14th place nationwide),2010In 22, the number was 237.1 thousand. In particular, the number of young people aged 18 to 24 is seriously decreasing due to reasons such as going on to school or getting a job.
|Population distribution by age in Niigata prefecture and Japan (2005)||Niigata Prefecture Population Distribution by Age and Gender (2005)|
■Green-All over Japan
Changes in the population of Niigata Prefecture
|Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsStatistics Bureau CensusThan|
- Niigata Prefecture Population Ranking by City
- Niigata Prefecture City Population Density Ranking (2016(28) present)
- Niigata(1,110 people / square kilometer)
- Tsubame City(716 people / square kilometer)
- Mitsuke City(519 people / square kilometer)
- Nagaoka(307 people / square kilometer)
- Ojiya(233 people / square kilometer)
Over 10Urban employment area(2015% urban area as of 10 Census)
- Niigata metropolitan area(106)
- Nagaoka metropolitan area(35)
- Joetsu metropolitan area(23)
- swallowSanjo metropolitan area(21)
- About 3 years agoJomon PeriodOver ten thousand years untilPaleolithicWithinLate PaleolithicI said. And about 200 archaeological sites are known in this prefecture. At that timestone toolasKnife shaped stonewareWas flourishing.
- Emperor SojinAnnual- Kubiki KuzoAnd are installed
- Dahua3 years(647)-YueEzoTo prepare forToe fence(Nutari-no-ki, near Niigata City) is built
- Dahua 4 years (648)- Banfune fence(Iwafunenoki, near Murakami City, Niigata Prefecture)ShinanoからFence door(Sakuko) is dispatched
- Niigata PrefectureKoshi (Etsu) countryWas a part ofEchizen-Etchu-EchigoWas divided into three countries
- 1868(MeijiFirst year)- Boshin War(Battle of Hokuetsu) Outbreak.New government army captures Nagaoka Castle and controls Echigo
- 1955(30)May 10 - Niigata FireOutbreak
- 1959(Showa 34)- Niigata Red Cross Center Bombing Attempt
- 1964(39)May 6 - NiigataNational bodyHolding
- 1973(Showa 48)- People's Republic of China OfShip Invasion of territorial watersToothSado IslandApproaching,missileIncident occurs to test fire
- 1978(Showa 53)- Hokuriku ExpresswayPartial opening (between Niigata City (Kurosaki Town at the time) and Nagaoka City)
- 1982(57)May 11 - Joetsu ShinkansenProvisional opening (between Niigata and Omiya)
- 1988(Showa 63)- Hokuriku ExpresswayAll lines opened
- 1991(Heisei3 years)-Joetsu ShinkansenTokyo StationStart boarding
- 1996(8)-Prefecture capitalNiigata Core citySpecified to
- 1997(9)- Banetsu ExpresswayAll lines opened
- 1999(11)May 10 - Joshinetsu ExpresswayAll lines opened
- 2000(12) January-Scandal of Niigata Prefectural Police Chief (Yukimi Sake Case,Niigata Girl Confinement CaseIn relation to)
- 2002(14) June- Sea of Japan Tohoku ExpresswayNiigata Airport IC~Seiro Shibata ICThe space is open. In October of the same yearNakajo ICStretched to.
- 2002(14) June- Niigata StadiumAt2002 World Cup SoccerOpening game held by the Japanese side
- 2007(19)May 4 - Niigata Government-designated cityAnd againNagaokaとJoetsu City Special cityMove to
- May 2008-Held the G20 Labor Ministers' Meeting
- 2009- Tokimeki Niigata National Athletic MeetOpening
- 2011-Niigata Chinese Consulate General Moves Bandai Elementary School SiteOccurs.
- 2012(24)May 9 - Sea of JapanAkita Prefecture, Yamagata Prefecture, Niigata Prefecture, Toyama Prefecture, Ishikawa Prefecture, Fukui Prefecture, Kyoto Prefecture, Hyogo Prefecture, Tottori Prefecture, Shimane PrefecturePromotion of ocean energy resource development Japan Sea UnionEstablished
- 2015(27)May 3 - Hokuriku ShinkansenThe section in Niigata Prefecture is opened.Echigo Tokimeki RailwayOpened.
- Major disaster
- 863May 7 - Etchu / Echigo Earthquake
- 1502May 1 -
- 1665 - Echigo Takada Earthquake
- 1714 - Shinano Otani Earthquake
- 1751 - Takada earthquake
- 1828 - Sanjo earthquake
- 1833 - Shonai-oki Earthquake
- 1896(Meiji29 years)- Yokota slice
- 1963(Showa 38)- Heavy snowfall in January 38(Sampachi heavy snowfall) ・Disruption of the transportation network between Tokyo and Niigata
- 1964(Showa 39)- Niigata earthquake
- 1966(Showa 41)- Shimoetsu flood damage(7.17 flood damage)
- 1967(Showa 42)- Heavy rain(8.28 flood damage)
- 1980(55) end- 1981(Showa 56)- Heavy snowfall
- 2004(16)- July 16 Heavy rainfall in Niigata and Fukushima(7.13 flood damage)
- same yearMay 10 - Niigata Chuetsu EarthquakeOccurrenceJoetsu Shinkansen derailment
- 2005(17) December-To the next year18 heavy snowfall.. Updated the maximum amount of snow in the history of observation in various places.Niigata blackoutOccurrence.
- 2007- Niigata Chuetsu-oki Earthquake
- 2016(28)May 12 - Itoigawa City Large-scale FireOutbreak
- 2019(ReiwaFirst year)May 6 - Yamagata Prefecture Earthquake.Murakami CityObserved a seismic intensity of 6 or more at Fuya.
- 2019 (First Year of Reiwa) May 10~May 10 - First Year of Reiwa East Typhoon.. Within the prefectureShinano River,Agano RiverFloodedNagaoka,Aga TownInundation damage occurred in various places.
Changes in administrative areas
Change of prefecture
Parentheses indicate the current municipality of the prefectural office.
- 1868May 5(4th year of Keio = the first year of Meiji)Lunar calendar November 4):Niigata Magistrate's OfficeInstead ofNiigata CourtInstall
- 1868May 5(Keio 4th yearLunar calendar November 4):Sado Magistrate's OfficeInstead ofSado CourtInstall
- 1868May 7(Keio 4th yearLunar calendar November 5 : Echigo countryToEchigofu(First,Joetsu City(I.e. ⇒ Kashiwazaki) Installed
- 1868May 9(Keio 4th yearLunar calendar November 7): From EchigofuKashiwazaki Prefecture(First, Kashiwazaki City) separated
- 1868May 10(Keio 4th yearLunar calendar November 9): Instead of the Sado CourtSado prefecture(Sado CityoldMano Town) Installed
- 1868May 11(First year of MeijiLunar calendar November 9): EchigofuNiigata Prefecture(Kashiwazaki City ⇒ Nagaoka ⇒ Niigata) Renamed
- 1868May 12(First year of MeijiLunar calendar November 11): Kashiwazaki Prefecture merged with Niigata Prefecture (not executed only by Nuno), and Sado Prefecture is now under the jurisdiction of Niigata Prefecture (de facto incorporation)
- 1869May 3(Meiji 2Lunar calendar November 2): From Niigata PrefectureEchigofu(First,Agano CityoldSuwon Town) Is separated and replaced
- 1869May 4(Meiji 2Lunar calendar November 2): Niigata Prefecture was renamed Niigata Prefecture (first). Reissued the abolition of Kashiwazaki Prefecture and the merger with Echigofu. Sado prefecture is under the jurisdiction of Echigo prefecture for the time being.
- 1869May 6(Meiji 2Lunar calendar November 5):IwashiroToWakamatsu Prefecture(Aizuwakamatsu) Installed,Kambara-gunOld ofAizu DomainTerritory (currentHigashikanbara-gun) Has jurisdiction
- 1869May 7(Meiji 2Lunar calendar November 6):Redemption - May 8( Lunar calendar November 6By the way, the following 10 feudal lords in Echigo (Princes)ButWisdomWas appointed to
- Murakami Domain(Murakami City),Kurokawa Domain(Wombai cityoldKurokawa Village),Mikkaichi Domain(Shibata CityMikkaichi),Shibata Domain(Shibata City),Muramatsu Domain(Gosen CityoldMuramatsu Town),Mineyama Domain(NiigataoldMakimachi),Nagaoka Domain(Nagaoka City),Yoita Domain(NagaokaoldYoita Town),Shiiya Domain(Shiiya, Kashiwazaki City)Takada Domain(Takada, Joetsu City),Kiyosaki Domain(Itoigawa）
- 1869May 8(Meiji 2Lunar calendar November 7): For the time being, the jurisdiction of Echigo Prefecture was lifted, and Sado Prefecture (Sado CityAikawa) Is replaced
- 1869May 9(Meiji 2Lunar calendar November 7): Merged Echigo and Niigata prefectures,Suwon(Former Suwon Town, Agano City)
- 1869May 9(Meiji 2Lunar calendar November 8): From SuwonKashiwazaki Prefecture(First, Kashiwazaki City) separated
- 1870May 4(Meiji 3Lunar calendar November 3): Abolished Suwon Prefecture and established Niigata Prefecture (second, Niigata City)
- 1870May 11(Meiji 3Lunar calendar November 10): Abolished Nagaoka domain and transferred to Kashiwazaki prefecture
- 1870May 11(Meiji 3Lunar calendar November 10): The Mine Mountain ClanMineoka DomainRenamed to (Former Makimachi, Niigata City)
- 1871May 8(Meiji 4Lunar calendar November 7):Abandoned Domain -The following prefectures have been established in the current Niigata prefecture area, including those that changed from the former clan to the prefecture
- Murakami prefecture, Mikkaichi prefecture, Kurokawa prefecture, Shibata prefecture, Muramatsu prefecture, Mineoka prefecture, Niigata prefecture, Kashiwazaki prefecture, Yoita prefecture, Shiiya prefecture, Takada prefecture, Kiyosaki prefecture, Sado prefecture
- The former Aizu domain in Kambara-gun continues to be part of Wakamatsu Prefecture
- Murakami prefecture, Mikkaichi prefecture, Kurokawa prefecture, Shibata prefecture, Muramatsu prefecture, Mineoka prefecture, Niigata prefecture, Kashiwazaki prefecture, Yoita prefecture, Shiiya prefecture, Takada prefecture, Kiyosaki prefecture, Sado prefecture
- 1871May 12(Meiji 4Lunar calendar November 11): Established the following 3 prefectures by integrating prefectures
- Niigata(3rd, Niigata City): Shimoetsu 2 counties (Kamabara and Iwafune)-Murakami, Mikkaichi, Kurokawa, Shibata, Muramatsu, Mineoka, Niigata
- Kashiwazaki Prefecture(3rd, Kashiwazaki City): Jo, Chuetsu 5 counties (Kibuki, Kariwa, Uonuma, Mishima, Koshi)-Integrate Yoita, Shiiya, Takada, Kiyosaki and Kashiwazaki prefectures
- Aikawa Prefecture(Former Aikawa Town, Sado City): Renamed Sado Prefecture
- 1873(6th year of Meiji)May 6: Abolished Kashiwazaki Prefecture and merged with Niigata Prefecture
- 1876(9th year of Meiji)May 4: Abolished Aikawa Prefecture and merged with Niigata Prefecture
- 1886(19th year of Meiji)May 5: Transferred Higashikanbara District from Fukushima Prefecture to Niigata Prefecture
- Establishment of Niigata Prefecture
Currently Niigata PrefectureUS-Japan Amity and Trade TreatyByOpen portSpecified inNiigataHold in the pipe,Boshin WarSince it became one of the main battlefields of Japan, the transition until its establishment was more complicated than in other prefectures. The transition until the establishment of Niigata Prefecture (second) in 1 (Meiji 1870) is "Echigofu"and"Kashiwazaki PrefectureSee section.
- 1870May 4(Meiji 3Lunar calendar November 3),Echigo countryIncluding NiigataJoetsuIt had jurisdiction over the government-controlled land in 2 counties (Kamabara and Iwafune)SuwonWas abolished and the prefectural government moved to NiigataNiigata(Second) was established. ** At that time, in addition to Niigata prefecture, the current prefecture area has jurisdiction over the government-controlled areas in the five counties of Kamijo and Chuetsu (Kubijo, Kariwa, Uonuma, Santo, and Koshi).Kashiwazaki Prefecture,SadoHave jurisdiction over the entire areaSado prefecture, And was divided and controlled by 10 clans that had a clan office within the prefecture. In addition, in Kambara-gunAizu DomainTerritoryWakamatsu PrefectureWas under the jurisdiction of.
- 1871May 8(Meiji 4Lunar calendar November 7)ofAbandoned DomainThrough the same yearMay 12(Lunar calendar November 11The former 2 prefectures of Shimoetsu 5 counties and the former 5 prefectures of 4 Joetsu/Chuetsu districts (Nagaoka DomainHad already been transferred to Kashiwazaki Prefecture) but merged with Kashiwazaki Prefecture,Niigata(3rd),Kashiwazaki Prefecture(3rd) and again in Sado prefectureAikawa PrefectureWas renamed.
- 1873Kashiwazaki Prefecture in (Meiji 6)1876Aikawa prefecture was abolished in (Meiji 9) and merged into Niigata prefecture one after another, and Niigata prefecture has unified jurisdiction over Koshisa and Ryogoku.
- 1886(19th year of Meiji), after going through Wakamatsu PrefectureFukushimaPart of Kambara-gun, which was under the jurisdiction of (1878Since the transfer of (Higashi-Kabahara-gun) to Niigata Prefecture (Meiji 11), the current prefecture area of Niigata Prefecture has been established.
Changes in the county
- 1869(Meiji 2): In the current Niigata prefecture area, there were the following country counties
- 1878(Meiji 11):County, town and village organization lawKambara-gun, Uonuma-gun, and Kubiki-gun were divided into 1 district and 22 districts in Niigata prefecture, and 1 district in Echigo country belonged to Fukushima prefecture.
- Kambara-gunNiigata Ward-Kitabamabara-gun-Nakakanbara-gun-Nishikanbara-gun-Minamikanbara-gun-Higashikanbara-gunHigashikanbara county belongs to Fukushima prefecture
- Uonuma-gunKitauonuma District-Minamiuonuma District-Nakauonuma-gunSplit into
- Kubiki-gunHigashikubiki-Nakakubiki District-Nishikubiki-gunSplit into
- As usual: Iwafune, Mishima, Koshi, Kariwa, Zota, Kamo, Hamo
- 1886(19th year of Meiji)May 5: Higashi-Kabahara County was transferred from Fukushima Prefecture, and now Niigata Prefecture has 1 district and 23 districts
- 1889(22th year of Meiji)May 4 : Municipal system-Municipal systemNiigata Ward becomes Niigata City
- 1896(Meiji 29) April 4: In Niigata PrefecturePrefecture system-County systemWas implemented and the three Sado counties (Zota, Kamo, Hamo) were integrated.Sado-gunIn Niigata prefecture, there will be 1 city and 21 counties.
- 2004(16)May 3: Sado-gun disappeared due to merger of municipalities
- 2005(17)May 3: Nishikubiki-gun disappeared due to merger of municipalities
- 2005(17) April 4: Higashi-kubiki-gun, Naka-kubiki-gun and Koshi-gun disappear due to the merger of municipalities
- 2006(18)May 1: Nakagahara-gun disappeared due to merger of municipalities
- 2010(22)May 3: Kita-Uonuma District disappeared due to merger of municipalities
- Abolished municipalitiesList of abolished municipalities in Niigata PrefectureSee.
- Abandoned county
2000 years(HeiseiAdministrative map of 12) (before the Great Heisei merger).
2006 years(Heisei18) Administrative map at the end of March. The former municipalities are shown in gray.
- Successive governors (public election)
- Shohei Okada(2nd term,1947(22)May 4 - 1955(30)May 4）
- Kazuo Kitamura(2nd term,1955(30)May 4 - 1961(36)May 11）
- Juichiro Tsukada(2nd term,1961(36)May 12 - 1966(41)May 3）
- Watashirou(2nd term,1966(41)May 5 - 1974(49)May 4）
- Takeo Kimi(4nd term,1974(49)May 5 - 1989(XNUMX)May 4）
- Kiyoshi Kaneko(1nd term,1989(XNUMX)May 6 - 1992(4)May 9）
- Hirayama Seio(3nd term,1992(4)May 10 - 2004(16)May 10）
- Hirohiko Izumida(3nd term,2004(16)May 10 - 2016(28)May 10）
- Mt. Yoneyama Ryuichi(1nd term,2016(28)May 10 - 2018(30)May 4）
- Hanazono Hideyo(2018(30)May 6-)
- Degree of 2007
- Financial capability index 0.43
- II Group (Financial Power Index 0.4 or more, less than 0.5) 11th among 7 municipalities
- Degree of 2006
- Fiscal strength index 0.40
- II Group (Financial Power Index 0.4 or more, less than 0.5) 9th among 9 municipalities
- Real debt service ratio 15.2
- Current account ratio 91.6
- Municipal bonds per capita Current amount 103 yen Ordinary account only
- Laspeyres index 100.9
- Balance of local bonds, etc.
- Municipal bonds for ordinary account 2 billion yen
- Municipal bonds for special accounts other than the above 1773 billion yen
- Debt for some related administrative associations: 8 million yen (debt x burden ratio)
- Debts related to debt guarantee of the third sector, etc. ¥3 billion Niigata Prefecture Violence Expulsion Campaign Promotion Center, etc.
- Total amount of municipal bonds, etc. ¥2 billion (consolidated accounting)
- Degree of 2005
- Fiscal strength index 0.38
- Group III (financial power index 0.3 or more, less than 0.4) 14th out of 5 municipalities
- Degree of 2004
- Fiscal strength index 0.36
- Group III (financial power index 0.3 or more, less than 0.4) 13th out of 5 municipalities
Niigata State Plan
2011(23)May 1ToHirohiko IzumidaWith Governor NiigataAkira ShinodaAt a joint conference by the Mayor of Niigata,TokyoIn line with the current Niigata cityspecial areaTo other cities, towns and villages, and further mergers, with a population of 30Basic municipalityThe state transition plan was announced. Also, the authority of each special ward and basic municipality is assumed to be at a level higher than that of the current 23 special wards of Tokyo..
House of Representatives
- Niigata 1st District:Chinami Nishimura ()
- Niigata 2st District:Eiichiro Washio ()
- Niigata 3st District:Kuroiwa Uyo (Ritsumin)
- Niigata 4st District:Makiko Kikuta (Ritsumin)
- Niigata 5st District:Hirohiko Izumida (Liberal Democratic Party)
- Niigata 6st District:Shutori Takatori (Liberal Democratic Party)
House of Councilors
- 2016 (re-elected in 28):Yuko Mori (Ritsumin)
- 2019 (Reiwa first year re-election):Uchikoshi Sakura (Ritsumin)
Economic and industrial
2016(28) degree of gross domestic product is nominally 8 billion yen.. Of the majority of countries in the world GDP Have a larger scale. Prefectural income is 6 billion yen, Per capita income is 282.6 million yen.
Agriculture, forestry and fisheries
Agriculture is one of the major industries.RiceProduct (Koshihikari Rice) Is the center, and the yield of Koshihikari is the highest in Japan... EspeciallyUonuma districtKoshihikari cultivated inKoshihikari from UonumaIs the top brand that is evaluated as the best in Japan,RiceIt can be said to be the point. Also in relation to riceRice confectionery(Rice crackers,HailstoneEtc.) is the largest production value in Japan,SakeAlsoHyogo,KyotoIt is the third place after. Because of the large amount of rice produced,rice flourResearch and use the research to sell productsNiigata millingHave invested in.
- Joetsu region OfItoigawaThen good qualitylimestoneIn Itoigawa City, Joetsu City, etc.Chemical industryIs developing.
- Chuetsu region OfNagaokaThen,AutomobileAnd motorcycle meters are manufactured.Has a domestic share of just under 9% and a global share of about 3%.
- Shimoetsu district OfNiigataIn the surrounding areaRice confectioneryThere are many food processing industries such as, paper manufacturing, and chemical industries.
- Sado region OfSado CityThen, historically, the mining industry was thriving.
- Manufacturing industry
- light industry
In addition, the production of metal products is large. Tsubame City and Sanjo City MetalsTablewareOwns 9% of the domestic market share,Non-ferrous metal materialThere are many companies that have strengths in processing.Scissors,Knife,spannerSuch as metal toolsOsakaIt is second only after.Hokuriku Industrial AreaIt is also the central existence of.
In the textile industry,KnitsHas the highest production in Japan.However, in recent years, overseas relocation of production bases and low-priced foreigners seeking low labor costs (ChugokuAnd Southeast Asian countries, etc.).
1989In XNUMX, the number of factory locations was the highest in Japan.
- gold mine
- Natural gas
CurrentlyNatural gasMining is thriving,Minami Nagaoka Gas Field(Nagaoka City),Katagai Gas Field(Ojiya),Iwafune-oki oil and gas field(Wombai cityMining is being promoted in areas such as Oki.Higashi Niigata Oil and Gas Field(Niigata CityKita), Nishikanbara gas field (Niigata CityNishikan Ward), the Nakajo Gas Field (Townai City) accounts for 10% of the domestic production from groundwater after separation of water-soluble natural gas.IodineHave also been collected.
Power generationThen,Agano RiverLarge scale in the basinHydroelectric power plantIs located. AlsoKashiwazakiとKariwaKariwa VillageIt is inTEPCO HoldingsKashiwazaki Kariwa Nuclear Power StationIs the world's largest nuclear power plant. otherJoetsu CityNaoetsuIn the district,Tohoku Electric Power,Chubu Electric PowerOperate jointlyJoetsu Thermal Power StationThere is.
Japan's leadingSnowy areaBecauseChuetsu regionとJoetsu regionIn the mountains ofSki resortAre located in large numbers.However, immediately after the burst of the bubble1993Around (5)Ski boomIs gone, and even moreNiigata Chuetsu EarthquakeThe number of skiers in Niigata Prefecture has been declining since the 2000s due to the effects of heavy snowfall and concerns about traffic network paralysis due to heavy snowfall.Due to this effect, some ski resorts have been closed. (Detail isList of ski resorts in Japan#NiigataSee).In recent years, snow resortsRenovationIs advanced,Joetsu regionToHokuriku ShinkansenIs being sought for economic measures through industry-government-academia collaboration with local governments along the railway lines.
It is often said that Niigata people do not ski much, but the image of "snow = spicy" is strong for the people of the prefecture who know how to live under the heavy snowfall in winter. So most skiers rarely become a silver worldCapital AreaThere is also an aspect that it was largely due to attracting customers from.In the future, a new tourism system is being built with the aim of "sightseeing that makes the most of snow."
Life and transportation
Medical and welfare
- General power transmission and distribution business: Tohoku Electric Power Network(Whole prefecture)
- Power frequency: Honshu part and Awashima50 hertzHowever, part of Itoigawa City and Myoko City60 hertz..Sado Island60 hertz.
Universities of high school students in Niigata prefecture in 2019Education continuance rateIs 46.9%, which is below the national value of 54.7%, but the vocational school attendance rate has reached 26.0% (national value 16.4%), and the enrollment rate of 72.9%, which is the sum of the two, exceeds the national value of 71.1%... Operates 27 vocational schools in the prefectureNSG Group OfNSG College LeagueIn addition, there are many vocational schools in the prefecture, and the number of special training schools per 10 people is 3.57, which is the 6th largest in Japan..
Junior high school
- National newspaper
As mentioned earlier, it is unclear which region this prefecture belongs to,Tohoku 6 prefecturesThere are co-produced programs withSendaiOr broadcast the program produced by the station on the Internet (These two examplesTohoku Electric PowerOften is a program that provides sponsors for the business area). On the other hand,Chubu regionThere are also programs co-produced with the broadcasting station of, and there are various news such as being broadcast as Kanto Koshinetsu region and Koshinetsu region.In addition, NHK has set Niigata Prefecture as Kanto Koshinetsu (Metropolitan area broadcasting centerHowever, since it belongs to the Hokuriku/Shin-Etsu block in national elections and amateur sports, it is not possible to report or broadcast these items.NHK Nagoya Broadcasting StationIt will be online with the 3 prefectures of Hokuriku via.Also,NiigataChuo-kuThen.Shinano RiverBroadcasting stations are lined up along the way.
- TV broadcast
Within the prefectureNHKIn addition to the Niigata Broadcasting Station,Commercial broadcastThen.Nippon TV,TBS,Fuji Television Network, Inc,TV AsahiThere are affiliated stations of the four major key stations.The citizens of the prefecture are quick to respond to terrestrial digital broadcasting, and in the November 4 survey, it was the highest in Japan at 2010%..
- NHK Niigata Broadcasting Station
- Broadcasting System of Niigata(BSN TV:JNNSeries)
- NST Niigata General Television[Note 5](NST: FNN-FNSseries)
- TV Niigata Broadcasting Network(TeNY: NNN-NNSseries)
- Niigata TV 21(UX: ANNseries)
- "TV station exterior"
- Radio broadcast
FM radioThen, JFN-series FM-NIIGATA covers the entire prefecture. Although the prefecture soil is wide and there are many base cities,motorizationBecause of the development of radio stations, the appealing ability of radio (FM, cFM, AM) is as high as that of television, and radio stations are crowded.Also,Five big citiesBe the first outside the areaIndependent radio stationでHeisei New Bureau OfNiigata Prefecture FM Broadcasting(FM PORT) existed, but due to business difficulties, it was closed on June 2020, 6.
- Community FM
- Shimoetsu district
- Chuetsu region
- Joetsu region
- Niigata Prefecture is so-calledSea of Japan TransitIs passingKeihanshin,Capital AreaとKitaou,HokkaidoTiefreight trainMany of them are operated, and they are the main artery of traffic on the Sea of Japan side.
- Niigata StationLimited express connecting with Joetsu ShinkansenInahoIs a limited express that connects the Joetsu Shinkansen at Nagaoka Station and the Hokuriku Shinkansen at Joetsu Myoko Station.White snowIs operating.
- The number of ordinary trains is from Niigata Station to the very suburbs[Note 6]Is 3 per hour during the day, but most others are less than 1 per hour during the day.
- East Japan Railway(JR East)
- Joetsu Shinkansen-Hokuriku Shinkansen(Joetsu Myoko Station）
- Shin-Etsu Main Line-Uetsu Main Line-Joetsu Line-Yonesaka Line-Banetsu West Line-Tadami Line-Echigo Line-Yahiko Line-White new line-Iiyama Line
- Niigata StationCentered onSuburban sectionIs set.
- West Japan Railway Company(JR West Japan)
- Echigo Tokimeki Railway(Toki iron)
- E7 Nihonkai Tohoku Expressway
- E8 Hokuriku Expressway
- E17 Kanetsu Expressway
- E18 Joshinetsu Expressway
- E49 Ban'etsu Expressway
Vehicle registration number
- AutomotiveLicense plate
- Niigatanumber(Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and TourismHokuriku Shin-Etsu Transport Bureau Niigata Transport Bureau)- Shimoetsu district,Sado region, Part of the Chuetsu region (Sanjo City-Kamo City-Minamikanbara-gunTagami Town）
- NagaokaNumber (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Hokuriku Shin-Etsu Transport Bureau Nagaoka Motor Vehicle Inspection Registration Office)- Chuetsu regionPart of (Sanjo City-Kamo City-Minamikanbara-gunTagami Townexcept for)
- Joetsunumber(Local number) (Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Hokuriku Shin-Etsu Transport Bureau Nagaoka Motor Vehicle Inspection and Registration Office)- Joetsu region
- It is characteristic that the prefecture's highway bus network is well developed.
Niigata Prefecture has a large difference in dialect depending on the region,Agakita areaThe dialect ofTohoku dialectIs a type ofKitaou dialect,Sado IslandThe dialect ofHokuriku dialect, Other areasTokai Higashiyama dialectIs a type ofEchigo wordare categorized(Tojo MisaoClassification by).
- Hokuetsu dialect
- Echigo word
- Sado dialect
- Akiyamago dialect-UnexploredAkiyamagoDialect
- local cuisine
- Food culture:
- From UonumaKoshihikari Rice・Koshihikari from Iwafune・Soy sauce katsudon(Sauce cutlet)-Western stylePork cutlet on rice·Soy sauceRed rice-Nopppe・Wappa rice・Hikozen-Italian-Bamboo dumpling-Poppoyaki(Steam pan)Taro Momo(Frozen dessert)·Hegi soba-Niigata Five Great Ramen-Tochio OfFried-Yasda yogurt-Kanzuri-Oyster(ediblechrysanthemum）
- Udon OfDashiとInari SushiKanto style,Sakura mochiIs both Kanto and Kansai style.
- Kinpira burdockThere is a "kinpira dumpling" that contains "(Aimon dumpling)". Furthermore, Kinpira Burdock isJapanese buckwheat noodlesIt is also the condiment of.
- Shiozawa pongee(fabric,1975）
- Ojiya(Textile, 1975) (UNESCOIntangible cultural heritage）
- (Woven fabric, 1975)
- (Woven fabric, 1982)
- Murakami wood carving vermillion(Lacquerware, 1976)
- Niigata lacquerware(lacquerware,2003）
- (Woodwork, 1976)
- Echigo Yoita Uchihamono(Metalwork,1986）
- (Buddhist altar, Buddhist altar,1980）
- (Buddhist altar, Buddhist altar, 1980)
- (Buddhist altar, Buddhist altar, 1980)
- Traditional crafts
- Sukunegi(Sado City)
- Cultural landscape of mines and mining towns of Sado Aikawa
- Agricultural and mountain village landscape derived from Mt.
- Birthplace of Frisbee dogs in Japan (Niigata City)
- Road StationNo. 1 (Road Station Hoei / Niigata City OldToyoei City）
- JapanSkiplace of origin(Joetsu City）
- Snow pipeBirthplace (Nagaoka City)
- Persimmon seeds(Rice confectionery) Birthplace (Nagaoka City)
- Japan's firstDrive throughInstallation store (Friend Kitamachi store / Nagaoka City)
- Le RectierBirthplace (former Niigata CityShirane）
- JapaneseWineBirthplace (Iwanohara Vineyard / Joetsu City)
- JapanesePostBirthplace of the father (Maejima Miyoshi Memorial Museum / Joetsu City)
- Craft beer nationwide No. 1 (Echigo Beer / Niigata City OldMakimachi）
- Local in 2003LeekFormed for PRNegiccoIs "Local idolPioneer of.. In 2019, leader Nao☆ also became a precursor to "a female idol who continues to be active even after getting married".
- ShrineThe number is about 5,000, which is the first place in Japan (the second place is about 1 companies in Hyogo prefecture).
- There was a former local dog, but it is already extinct.
- Albirex Niigata(サ ッ カ ー-J League）
- Albirex Niigata Ladies(Football·WE League）
- JAPAN Soccer College Ladies(Football·Nadeshiko League）
- Niigata University of Health and Welfare Women's Soccer Club(Football·Nadeshiko League）
- Grand Sena Niigata FC(Football·Hokushinetsu Football League）
- JAPAN Soccer College(Football·Hokushinetsu Football League）
- Joetsu Marine Breeze(Beach volleyball）
- Team Albirex Niigata(Ski）
- Niigata Albirex Baseball Club(baseball-BC League）
- Niigata Albirex BB(basketball-B LeagueB1)
- Niigata Albirex BB Rabbids (basketball·W League)
- Niigata Albirex Running Club(land）
- Vital Net Baseball Club(Adult baseball）
- Befco(Womenvolleyball-V. Challenge League）
Sister municipalities/affiliated municipalities
- sister city
- Shah Alam (Malaysian Federation Selangor)
- Glasgow Metropolitan County (United Kingdom Scottish country Strathclyde Region)
- Friendly municipality
Works set in Niigata Prefecture
- Love me
- Initial D
- Komachi(Episode 4 Niigata/Tokamachi)
- High school teacher
- Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah Large Monsters All-Out Attack
- Strawberry on the shortcake(Latter half)
- Strobe edge
- Saint March(Middle stage)
- Run into the sun
- Rush In! Asama Sanso Incident(2002Joetsu CityItakura WardTaken with)
- The men who made the Shinkansen(2004, TV Tokyo 40th anniversary commemorative drama / Joetsu CityItakura WardTaken with)
- Cheer ☆ Dan ~A story about a high school girl who won the US cheerleader in the US~(Major scenes taken in Niigata City)
- Heaven and earth
- Natsuko sake
- Overhanging punishment heat system
- Under one roof
- Fulin Volcano
- White out
- Mari and the Puppy Story
- 30 years of a torn family
- What if the school is...!?(1985, TBS)-The main character and teacher are from Niigata
- Monochrome girl
- 3rd Year Class B Kinpachi-sensei(2011May 3broadcast. TBS series, in the final roundShibata City）
- Negotiator ~THE NEGOTIATOR~(First series2008, The final storyAga TownTaken with)
- Detective Conan 15 minutes of silence
- Fly! Dakota(2013Pacific War(Set on Sado Island after the end of the war)
- Snow country
- Joetsu ShinkansenMurder case
- Echigo YuzawaMurder case
- Inspector Totsugawa Fight against snow
- "Snow countryMurder case
- Deep LovePart XNUMX-Host
- XNUMX bales of rice
- 藏 -Later made into a video work
- Koshisa Ohashi series
- Noble Children Series
- Niigata Blues(Kenichi Mikawa）
- Echigo Zessho (Sachiko Kobayashi）
- Leaving snow Echigo (Sachiko Murakami）
- Niigata in the four seasons (Sachiko Kobayashi)
- Snow camellia(Sachiko Kobayashi)
- Sado's love song (Hosokawa Takashi）
- Yuzawa Travel Information (Yuzo Kayama）
- Manta Music (Haru Sanba）
- Echigo Plain (Maiko Takigawa）
- Snow Country -niigata- (Tokyo Incidents）
- A person from Niigata (Kotaro Satomi）
- Sea snow(Jero）
- Echigo Lion Song (Hibari Misora）
- Woman from Yuzawa (Kenichi Mikawa)
People from Niigata Prefecture
About the word "gata"
|New year||VariantOne of the examples|
|(Recommended by the Niigata Prefectural Office)|
Refers to the prefecture漢字There are multiple notations,JapaneseIn whichFontEven " ,[ɲ̟iːɡa̠ta̠][Note 7] Read. Above allOrthographic charactersIt is said that "NiigataIs the most common notation. other,SanzuiUsing the “Saga” to write inNiigataMay be written. Formerly "Sakai"Collection of clausesIt is a generally recognized character that is registered to,Edo PeriodIn the book (printing book) ofMatsuo Basho"Okunohoso Road"andAkinari Ueda"Rain moon story""Zousai" (currentlyAkitaNikaho City OfKisakata) Can be seen,Suzuki Makiyuki"Hokuetsu Snow Score』Allows the use of "Saku" even in the current place names in this prefecture, such as "Shinzaki" and "Garmor". With the circulation of these printed books, it became a “lagoon” nationwide.AbbreviationIt is considered that "Sakura" was said to have been viewed in the same row.(There are multipleVariantThere is).
MeijiWhen you enterLetterpressIs the mainstream of publications,The end of the warSold byMincho type OfTypeWhen I looked up, only "gata", which is the official letter, was sold, and "sagar," which was the abbreviation, was not sold.. In other words, after the Meiji era, the letters "Sakai" were wiped out of the printed materials, but Niigata, Kisakata,HachirogataOrShimane Shiragata Tenmangu ShrineFor example, in areas where "gata" is used on a daily basis, "Sakura" survives other than print.DialectIt turned into. In Niigata Prefecture, "Niigata" was also used for road signs,1981(Showa"56")Common kanjiWhen adopted by the.
ChineseInSimplified charactersso"Niigata',繁体字so"Shinpei'You can see an example written as. They areMandarinでpinyin: Pronounced (since).2007(19)May 6 OfNiigata Prefectural Assembly6Regular meetingIn the General Affairs Education Committee, in ChineseSack(Lagoon) And the meaning of潟There was a question that questioned these Chinese notations because it was different.. same yearMay 8,Niigata Prefectural OfficeIn Chinese on the official websiteNiigata"(pinyin:  Requested the use of the notation "Cynthy" within the prefectural office and prefecture-related organizations (JapaneseAt the end, stop using "Shinzaki"NiigataIs not a request to use).
- ^ According to 8 regional divisions and subdivisions
- ^ It has been written in four categories up to the present, such as newspapers, TV, and prefecture public relations back numbers, but it was also used as a reference material for elementary school social studies in Niigata prefecture in the early 4s (all schools in the prefecture For a while, the Niigata Prefectural Board of Education compiled "Our Niigata Prefecture," which indicated that the Sado region should be included in the Shimoetsu region.
- ^ Wide area municipalities described belowThere are some differences from Tsubame City, Yahiko Village, etc.
- ^ In the Echigo area of Niigata prefecture, where religious beliefs were strong in Buddhism (Jodo Shinshu), thinning and selling were few, which was the reason for the large population.
- ^ The company name from the start of broadcasting to September 2019 is Niigata General Television Co., Ltd.
- ^ Niigata Station- Niitsu Station-Uchino Station-Toyoei Station
- ^ a b "Ni" at the beginning of the wordInternational phonetic symbolsThen. [ɲi] Indicated byHard palate nasalIs supposed to be used, but in realityPalate officialGum nasal Of [nʲi] Also.
- ^ "Designate Nishikigoi as a "prefecture fish"”. Niigata Public Relations and Public Hearing Division (March 2017, 3). As of August 29, 2019オ リ ジ ナ ルMore archives.2017/5/9Browse.
- ^ The 129th Niigata Prefectural Statistics Yearbook 2018 (Chapter 1 Prefectural soil and weather) p.2 -Niigata Prefecture
- ^ Japan Meteorological Agency data is "Japan Meteorological Agency Past meteorological data search(Viewed on February 2021, 2), prefecture data is "Niigata Prefecture Snow Information Snowfall Data --Niigata Prefecture(Retrieved on February 2021, 2).
- ^ a b "Links: Prefectures”. Information Policy Division, General Affairs Department, Niigata Prefecture. 2020/2/22Browse.
- ^ "Announcement area for weather warnings, warnings, and weather forecasts: Niigata Prefecture”. Japan Meteorological Agency. 2020/2/24Browse.
- ^ "Ⅲ Other wide-area administrative systems Cooperation Central urban areas, independent settlement areas, etc.". Wide-area administrative office guide. Niigata Prefecture General Affairs Department Municipal Division. 2020/2/22Browse.
- ^ Wide area municipalities within Niigata Prefecture due to merger of municipalities -Niigata Prefecture
- ^ "Regional characteristics data: Meiji period and present population list by prefecture". Hokuriku Social Capital 2003.Hokuriku Regional Development Bureau, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism. 2020/2/22Browse.
- ^ Is this all right? Niigata Prefecture (Special edition of special editions of Japan) Page 19
- ^ Niigata Prefecture as seen in statistical graphs 20 edition (Niigata Prefecture) - Wayback machine(For archived March 2013, 6)
- ^ Prefectural population, with population of 230 million people announced[Broken link](Niigata Nippo April 2015, 4)
- ^ Is this all right? Niigata Prefecture (Special edition of special editions of Japan) Page 6
- ^ "033rd Diet Legal Committee No. 6". House of Representatives (September 1959, 12). 2010/2/6Browse.
- ^ Cooperation in submarine resource development 10 prefectures along the coast of the Sea of Japan: Sankei Shimbun September 2012, 9-Archived by WayBack Machine
- ^ Methane hydrate utilization research 10 prefectures established conference[Broken link]: Kobe Shimbun September 2012, 9
- ^ Established coalition and coalition in resource development of the Sea of Japan. 10 prefectures on the Sea of Japan side, such as this prefecture: Niigata Daily September 2012, 9
- ^ Methane hydrates, 10 prefectures unite survey in Sea of Japan: Asahi Shimbun September 2012, 9
- ^ Is this all right? Niigata Prefecture (Special edition of special editions of Japan) Pages 122-123
- ^ a b c "Summary of 28 prefectural economic calculation”. Statistics Division, General Affairs Department, Niigata Prefecture. 2020/2/22Browse.
- ^ "Amount of harvest of paddy rice produced in 21 by variety”. Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Minister's Office Statistics Department (February 2010, 2). 2012/9/9Browse.
- ^ Natural gas extraction and supplyToho Earth Tech. Retrieved July 2020, 7.
- ^ What is iodineToho Earth Tech. Retrieved July 2020, 7.
- ^ Business activities Nakajo Oil Works. JX Oil Development. Retrieved July 2020, 7.
- ^ Overview of natural gas in Niigata. Natural Gas Mining Association. Retrieved 2020 July 7.
- ^ "Basic survey of schools in the first year of Reiwa" --Announced by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology on December 12, 25.
- ^ Statistics of prefectures in statistics 2019 -Statistics Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
- ^ Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications "Penetrance Survey on Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting" November 22
- ^ "Local pioneer pioneer" Negicco・Nao☆ announced enrollment! The long-cherished Perfume scene became a meeting place! -The Television February 2019, 2
- ^ Why is Negicco Nao☆'s marriage announcement not criticized? What's happening in the idol world -Gadget Communications February 2019, 2
- ^ The stage of the TV anime "Magical Girl Raising Plan" is Joetsu City⁉
- ^ a b Present and future of Chinese characters 223nd Spread and disappearance of abbreviations for "gata"(SanseidoWordwise Web September 2012, 9)
- ^ Present of Kanji 224th "Kijo" and "Cervical vertebra" in Niigata(Sanseido Wordwise Web September 2012, 9)
- ^ a b c d Character Sanpo "Whereabouts of the dialect "Sa""(National Institute for Japanese Language"NIDL Window" No. 32, published on July 2007, 7)
- ^ a b Japanese kanji (Hiroyuki Sasahara Author,Iwanami Shinsho Published January 2006, 1) p.20 and p.62
- ^ Present of Kanji No. 51 "Tofu" that does not "rot" in Shimane(Sanseido Wordwise Web September 2009, 11)
- ^ "Is "Niigata=Shin (Sanzui + Photo)" true?”. Niigata Nippo (August 2006, 8). 2009/3/31Browse.[Broken link]
- ^ Viewing: Japan Shin-Sho Fire & Fire Station 140 Kiboya(with the BBC(Chubun Net, December 2016, 12)
- ^ Mitomo: 140 Shinjuku fire in Japan(BBC Chinese Net, December 2016, 12)
- ^ June 19 Regular Meeting General Affairs Education Committee June 6, 19(Niigata Prefectural Assembly minutes search)
- ^ a b ●Notation of "Niigata" in Chinese (August 19, 8)(Niigata Prefecture)
- List of people from Niigata Prefecture
- Niigata Prefecture Tourist Attractions
- List of prefectural roads in Niigata Prefecture
- List of cultural properties designated by Niigata Prefecture
- Niigata Prefecture's natural scenic spots
- Niigata Prefecture companies
- Works set in Niigata Prefecture
- University of Niigata
- Niigata Prefecture buildings
- Echigo Seven Wonders
- North Kanto/Banetsu area
- Kita-Kanto Banetsu Governors Meeting
- Sea of Japan side
- Circular Sea of Japan
- The Circular Sea of Japan Niigata Ekiden
- Geography of japan,Region of Japan
- Niigata homepage top page
- Niigata Public Relations Section (@Niigata_Press)- Twitter
- Niigata Prefecture Disaster Prevention Bureau (@Niigata_Bousai)- Twitter
- Niigata Prefecture Disaster Prevention Portal
- Niigata LIVE camera
- Current Niigata
- [Official] Recommended sightseeing and travel information for Niigata Prefecture! Niigata Tourism Navigation -Niigata Prefecture Tourism Association
- Tokyo Niigata Kenjinkai Official Page
|Changes in administrative districts|
1871 - (Second Niigata Prefecture)
|Image request: Horiwaricho and willow in Niigata cityImage providedplease.(2020/3）|
For the notation of "Niigata", see "Niigata Prefecture # About the character of "gata"See.
1889(Meiji22 years)May 4 OfMunicipal systemOne of the cities set up by.In the center of the cityShinano RiverThe estuary has been around for a long timeHarborWas opened, Shinano RiverAgano RiverIn addition to functioning as a node where water-based river traffic and maritime traffic networks intersect,Bakumatsu OfUS-Japan Amity and Trade TreatyOpening Five PortsIt became one of.Even nowTransportationIt is a key point of.
Metropolitan population of about 100 million (Urban employment area) And the city population2005(Heisei17 years)Wide area mergerSince it exceeded 81 people,2007(Heisei19 years)May 4For the first time on the Sea of Japan side of HonshuGovernment-designated cityMigrated to.In the city areaLater8Administrative districtIs provided.
1950 eraUntil the left bank of the Shinano RiverNiigata IslandIn the centermoatIs stretched around, and along with itwillowWas planted.for that reason,"City of Water""YanagiIt has a synonym such as "(Ryuto)".Also, manymanga artistAnd thatBypass networkIs known for its development. Bandai Bridge,NEXT21,Toki Messe,Denka Big Swan Stadium,Niigata Daily Media ShipIs a symbolic existence.
Origin of city name
About the place name "Niigata" which is the name of the cityEisei17 years(1520） Although the notation of Niigata remains as a historical record, there are various theories about the origin because there is no record of the origin of the place name.
- Originally called "Niigata" at the mouth of the Shinano River潟The theory that there was
- It is named after the formation of a new inner bay, or new lagoon, between the sandbars of the Shinano River.The theory
- The theory that "Niigata" was used to read the settlements that were created on new islands due to changes in the topography of the mouth of the Shinano River as "Niigata".
- OriginallyNiigata IslandThe current village was on the coast ofFurumachiWhen I moved to the area around, it came to be called (Niigata) that the relocation destination was read as "Niigata" for the coastal villages. The theory that it became "Niigata" by guessing the character
- Meaning of city emblem
The "City Emblem Setting Case" announced on the same day states as follows.
Niigata City's HaXNUMX Port Noichi Toshite is the most popular port of the world.Immediately
This is the meaning of Echigo no Goko, Niigata, and the front page.
- Anchor port
- Goha Goko no meaning
- Snow ring Ha Echigo no meaning
The land of NiigataEchigo PlainIs located in.Shinano RiverとAgano River Sea of JapanIn the place where it flows into the river basin, it is low humidity平野And manylagoonBut again along the coastlineNiigata coastとNiigata sand dunesと 呼 ば れ る砂丘Is formed.Wet fields and lagoons in the suburbsReclamationVastPaddy fieldIs spreading, but even nowToriya Nogata,Sagata,FukushimagataLagoon lakes such as are left.Of these, for Sagata1997(9),Ramsar ConventionRegistration湿 地It has become.
Precipitation increases in winterSea of Japan side climateHowever, the coastal areas are warm for the latitude. Winter:Because it is near the coast, the northwest wind from the Sea of Japan is strong, but because it is far from the mountains, it is often possible to see sunny days even in the forecast of one-day snow (so-called "mountain snow" phenomenon).For this reason, it is the area with the least snow in Niigata prefecture, excluding the islands, and it is not sufficiently prepared for heavy snowfall of 50 cm or more, and traffic paralysis may occur contrary to the image of heavy snowfall prefecture.in recent years2010Although 2 centimeters of snow was observed on February 5, the observatory in Chuo Ward has not covered more than 81 meter of snow for more than half a century since 1.However, even if the amount of snow in coastal areas such as Chuo Ward and Higashi Ward is small, there may be a large amount of snow in inland areas such as Nishikan Ward, Minami Ward, and Akiha Ward.Therefore, it is not uncommon for snow to pile up in the suburbs even if the city center is not piled up at all.
The chill in the coastal areaTokyoIt is not as strict as in the suburbs, and in recent years it has rarely recorded below freezing.From spring to summer, the temperature is higher than that on the northeastern Pacific side of the same latitude, and when the pressure distribution is high north and low, it occurs when the south wind crosses the Echigo Mountains.Fern phenomenonIt may become hot due to the influence ofGeography of Niigata City #ClimateSee).
|Population distribution by age in Niigata City and the whole country (2005)||Niigata City's population distribution by age and gender (2005)|
■Green-All over Japan
Changes in the population of Niigata City (corresponding area)
|Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsStatistics Bureau CensusThan|
- Average age: 43.3 years (2000）
- Average age of men: 41.5 years (2000)
- Average age of women: 44.9 years (2000)
In the area centered on Niigata City,Niigata dialectIs used.
Administrative district / city composition
|In this itemColorIs dealing with Depending on the viewing environment, the colors may not be displayed properly.|
Niigata City is currently composed of eight administrative districts.The central functions of city administration, including the city hall, are located in Chuo Ward.An image color is set for each ward...Color selection is decided by the "image color adjustment meeting" by the representative of the citizens and the ward mayor, referring to the ward inhabitant questionnaire and expert advice.2007(19)May 9Published in.
|Ward name||Image color||Ward name||Image color|
|Kita||■ Nature green||Akiba||■ Floral green|
|Higashi Ward||■ Aqua blue||South ward||■ Breeze blue|
|Chuo-ku||■ Waterfront blue||Nishi-ward||■ Sunset orange|
|Konan ward||■ Spring green||Nishikan Ward||■ Harvest Yellow|
The area positioned as the "city center" is located in Chuo Ward, straddling both banks of the Shinano River.[City 1]..From around Niigata StationMany generationsThroughFurumachiThe area along the "city center axis" leading up to is nicknamed "Niigata 2 km" by the city, and as of February 2021Urban regeneration emergency maintenance areaPreparations are underway for designation.
FurumachiLeft bank side centered onNiigata Island) Is1655Relocation of (first year of Meireki) Since then, it has been a complex center for business, product sales, and eating and drinking in Niigata.Furumachi Dori,Honmachidori,Nishibori-doriEtc. are areas where commercial facilities and shopping districts gather.Flower StreetThere is also an entertainment district that has continued since the time ofFurumachi HanamachiSee).on the other hand,Hakusan ParkCity hall andNiigata Prefecture Public Hall,RyutopiaPublic facilities and cultural facilities such as are lined up.The Niigata Island area is an old city and is large-scaleAir raidNot receivedWar disaster recovery city planningWas not done (butNiigata FireBecause many of the buildings were burnt down)motorizationIt is difficult to deal withNiigata University,Niigata Prefectural OfficeSuburbs relocation, population decline of Niigata Island itself (about 1965 in 13, halved to about 2005 in 6), Due to the impact of changes in the population distribution of the entire city due to the development of residential land on the right bank of the Shinano River, commercial functions are being transferred to other areas such as Mandai.
Bandai on the right bank is a district located approximately halfway between the aforementioned Furumachi / Honmachi and the Bandai Exit of Niigata Station.At the end of the Taisho eraOhkozu Diversion ChannelIn the area where the trace of the Shinano River, which was narrowed by water flow, was developed as a landfill.1929(Showa 4)Bandai BridgeHowever, urban development began with the replacement of the current third-generation bridge, and full-scale development began after the war. From the early 3sNiigata TransportationAdjacent as part of the redevelopment project for the site of the bus service baseYachiyo"A commercial area where large commercial facilities are concentrated across the ground.Bandai City"When"Bandai City Bus CenterHas been developed, and it has become a commercial area mainly for young people.
From the south exit of Niigata StationToriya NogataArea to the surrounding area (Sasade Line,Purple bird line,Benten Line, Along the bypass)Niigata BypassOpened1970 eraUrban development began in earnest.Of the area around Niigata Station, the area around the Bandai Exit on the north side1958Development progressed at a stretch after the relocation of Niigata Station1964 OfNiigata National Athletic MeetIn the meantime, it rapidly became an urban areaHigashi OdoriOffice buildings were lined up around the station, but at the beginning there wasn't even an entrance to the station building at the south exit.1982 OfJoetsu ShinkansenBefore and after the south exit was opened in line with the openingPLAKA NiigataIt became a commercial base due to rapid urbanization such as the opening of the business. In the 2000s, to coincide with the 2002 World CupNiigata City Road Benten Line,Niigata Stadium(Big Swan) was maintained, and thenAeon Mall Niigata Minami(Konan ward),Niigata Prefectural Baseball StadiumEtc. opened one after another.
The central axis from Furumachi to the Bandai Exit of Niigata StationSoya Valley-Mandaibashi DoriAlong the route that connects these,Main busof"Mandaibashi LineHowever, as mentioned above, it is difficult to go directly to the south side of the station, which has a large young population, because the north and south urban areas have developed separately with Niigata Station as the boundary.For this reason, the continuous grade crossing project at Niigata Station and the reorganization of the bus network and main roads are being carried out.
Incidentally,FukutoshinAlthough no official designation has been given, the "Niigata Island" side is the city center and the right bank side (formerly).Nuttari TownThe side) is sometimes called the subcenter.In recent years, the Niigata Prefectural Office and the national joint government building have been the main focus.Shinkocho・ Administrative and business functions are concentrated in the Misaki-cho area, which is sometimes called the subcenter.
City area in general
In the entire city area, wetlands occupy most of the inland area before the start of reclamation and dry rice fields, and habitable areas were limited, so all parts of the city areaHometownAnd villages around dunes and riversNatural embankmentDeveloped in line with.However, due to the progress of drainage in the inland area due to reclamation and conversion to dry fields, reclamation of wet fields and small-scale lagoons has progressed.Back swampSince it has been devoted to urbanization, residential land has been created in various places in Kita Ward.Hayadori StationSurroundings, etc.Bed townIn areas whereResidential estate-New townWas also built.
From these circumstances, the range of habitable land in the city area is wider than that of other local cities, and the area is large.HokkaidoBetsukai TownIs second only to..In Niigata City, residential areas are scattered in the suburbs, so there is not much population concentration in one place.
In the suburbsFarmlandMany, along the coast砂丘There are many fields in the area, but from the above-mentioned background, the inland areaPaddy field(About farmland compositionNiigata City Economy #AgricultureSee).
Became a base for river transport in the suburbsHometownMany old towns and towns derived from[City 3], Even now, in many areas, regular markets (Rokusai City) Is openIn the shopping district as well as other areas in the prefectureKarikiIt is also noteworthy that many cantilevered arcades are formed.
The area in Niigata city Niigata City City Planning Basic Policy InCity center, Regional bases, living bases, neighborhood bases, functional bases, etc.[City 4]..One regional base is designated for each administrative district except Chuo Ward and Higashi Ward, and multiple living bases are designated for each administrative district.Regional bases and living bases excluding Chuo Ward, Higashi Ward, and Nishi Ward2005(17)Great Heisei mergerIt is the center of the municipalities that were incorporated in.
|Administrative district||City center||Regional base||Living base||Neighboring base||Bases by function|
|Kita||---||Kuzutsuka||Matsuhama||Niizaki,Hayadori||Niigata University of Health and Welfare,Niigata East Port|
|Higashi Ward||---||---||Under the mountain, Kodo,Kido-Large,Ishiyama||---||Niigata West Port,Niigata Airport|
|Chuo-ku||Furumachi・ Hakusan,Many generations,Around Niigata Station||---||---||---||Shinkocho-Misaki Town,Southern Toriya Nogata|
|Konan ward||---||Kameda||Oeyama,Yokogoshi,Ryokawa,Sonoki||---||Niigata Central Wholesale Market|
|Nishi-ward||---||Small needle,Terao||Sakai Wa-infield,Kurosaki||Akatsuka||Distribution center|
|Nishikan Ward||---||roll||魲,Sone,Flag shop,Nakanokuchi,Wano||Iwamuro hot spring|
- Shibata City
- Agano City
- Gosen City
- Kamo City
- Sanjo City
- Tsubame City
- Minamikanbara-gunTagami Town
- Nishikanbara-gunYahiko Village
- (Adjacent across the sea)
Primitive to ancient
- The beginning of people's activities in the current Niigata city area began around the hills and foothills in the Paleolithic era about 2 years ago.In the early Kofun periodYamato kingshipUnder the power of647(Dahua3 years) in the northEzoAs a base of controlToe fenceWas installed.
- In the first half of the 8th century, when the Nara period began, a local system was established with the unit of country-county-town.At the mouth of the Shinano RiverGamaharazuAs Kunizu in Echigo Province, Gamaharazu has become a key point of transportation where people and goods gather.Production of Sue pottery and iron began in the Niitsu hills, and salmon were caught and processed in the lowlands on the left bank of the Shinano River.Also, salt was made in the coastal dunes.
- During the Warring States period1520(EiseiIn 17), the place name "Niigata" came to appear in the record.NiigataIs on the left bank of the mouth of the Shinano RiverGamaharazu-Numata MinatoTogether with that, it was called "Mikatsu" at that time.After the appearance of Niigata Tsu, Kambara Tsu declined, and Niigata Tsu became the central minato of the mouths of the Shinano and Agano rivers.
- 1580(Tensho8 years).Warlord of Agakita (north of Agano River),Shibata ShigeyaOccupies Niigata TsuUesugi KagekatsuThe conflict with (the successor of Kenshin Uesugi) has begun, but1586In (Tensho 14), the townspeople of Niigata and Nuttari, who were on the side of Shibata, turned over to Uesugi, and Uesugi was able to control Niigata and Nuttari.Mr. Shibata who lost Niigata Tsu is the next1587It was destroyed in (Tensho 15), and Echigo was unified by Uesugi Kagekatsu.
The early modern period
- 1598(Keicho3 years), Uesugi KagekatsuHideyoshi ToyotomiThe country was changed to Aizu (Fukushima Prefecture) by the order of, and became the Nagaoka domain and Shibata Minato became the Shibata domain.Nagaoka Domain established Niigata Town Daikan in NiigataNiigata TownWill be.After that, the topography of the mouths of the Shinano and Agano rivers changed, and Niigata Minato1655(TomorrowXNUMXst year) on the left bank of the Shinano River, nowFurumachiAfter moving to the land of1676By the Nagaoka Domain in (4th year of Enpo)Niigata Machi BugyoWas installed.At the same time, the productivity of the Echigo Plain increased.KitamaebuneNiigata Minato, who completed the relocation by the time the westbound shipping became stable,1697(GenrokuIn 10), it had developed into one of the best Minato on the Sea of Japan side.
- 1768(Meiwa5 years), it is a rebellion caused by the money paid by the Nagaoka domain.Niigata Akiwa riotOccurs.In the latter half of the Edo period, smuggling of karamono (Chinese products) and bales (Hokkaido products) was carried out in Niigata Minato, so the shogunate caught smuggling.1843(TempoIn 14), Niigata Town became the shogunate territory. (Niigata Kamichi）
- 1858(Ansei5 years)US-Japan Amity and Trade Treatyso,BakumatsuToOpen portNiigata Minato became an open port on the Sea of Japan side as one of the five open ports.But,1868(Keio4 years), between the new government army and the old Shogunate sideBoshin WarOutbreak.In July of the same yearHokuetsu WarNiigata Town became a battlefield, and the Meiji Restoration was celebrated with the city area burned down by the war.
- Niigata Port1869April (MeijiOpened in November of the first year).1870Became the prefectural capital in (Meiji 3)Hakusan ParkOpeningFourth bankModernization was promoted, such as the establishment of the Niigata Prefectural Assembly.Also,1870In (Meiji 3), the branch domain of the Nagaoka domainMineyama DomainWas in need of the Boshin WarNagaoka DomainToRelief rice XNUMX balesWas given.
- Niigata Town1879Incorporated Yorii Village in (Meiji 12)Niigata WardAnd,1889In (Meiji 22), Niigata Ward and Sekiya Villagemergerdo itMunicipal systemEnforced,NiigataWill be.The city area at that time was "Niigata IslandCorresponds to.In the 30's of the Meiji eraNiitsu oil fieldMachine excavation is in full swing.In the Taisho era, Shinzu-cho prospered as an "oil town" and became the largest oil field in Japan, and the oil industry developed in Niigata City and Nuttari Town.
- 1931The Joetsu Line was fully opened in (Showa 6).Next time1932In (Showa 7), in northeastern China, "ManchuriaIs founded.Niigata Port will be the closest port on the Sea of Japan side of Tokyo by rail, and the government willGovernment command routeOpened the Nichiman route to and from Niigata.Niigata Port has become a base port for expanding into the opposite bank.
- 194112 of the monthAttack on Pearl HarborStarted the war byPacific WarThe battlefield has deteriorated.B-29Was not subjected to a large-scale air raid by1945(Showa 20) September 8,Atomic bombCitizens were declared urgently evacuated because there was a high risk of being dropped, and the city ended the war in a nearly unmanned state...In fact, Niigata was one of the candidate sites, but "Niigata is not suitable for this kind of attack because the area where industry is concentrated and the residential area including small factories are far from each other. Was removed as "yes".
- Pacific War10 years after the end1955(Showa 30),Niigata FireOccurs.1964(Showa 39) June, magnitude 6Niigata earthquakeThere has occurred.Also, by collecting natural gasNiigata IslandThe ground in the center, includingAgano RiverIn the basin, poisoning by organic mercury is a strange disease (Four major pollution diseases OfNiigata Minamata disease)There has occurred.1985By (60), 690 people were recognized as patients.
- High economic growthPeriodNatural disastersI was busy with environmental administration issues such as reconstruction from Japan and pollution control.1963As one of the national land development in (Showa 38)Niigata East PortConstruction work has begun.1969Niigata East Port opened in (44) and became a trading center on the Sea of Japan side.
- 1973(Showa 48)Niigata AirportThe Khabarovsk line was opened in Northeast Asia, and the number of international flights is increasing.1982(Showa 57)Joetsu ShinkansenIs open.Also,1997By (9)Kanetsu Expressway-Hokuriku Expressway-Banetsu ExpresswayWas opened, and became a node on the Sea of Japan side of the high-speed transportation network.
Transition of administrative districts / merger of municipalities
Niigata City has been in operation since 1889.1914 On the right bank of the Shinano River in (Taisho 3)Nuttari TownIt was merged with the surrounding area in the wake of the merger withHigh economic growthThere was no merger after the period.21st centuryImmediately after enteringKurosaki TownIncorporated.After that, the surrounding 13 municipalities were incorporated and on April 2007, 4.Government-designated cityThe administrative district was established.
- The current Mayor of NiigataYaichi Nakahara(2018Inaugurated in November).
- Former Mayor of NiigataAkira Shinoda.2002After taking office, tackled the issue of merger with surrounding municipalities,2005ToMerged with 13 municipalities around Niigata City.. It will be the second term2007ToGovernment-designated cityMoved to.2010In the third term after re-election in the mayoral electionNiigata Chinese Consulate General Moves Bandai Elementary School SiteWhile occurring2011At that timeHirohiko IzumidaNiigata GovernorHold a joint press conference withNiigata State PlanAnnounced.2013ToNational Strategic Special ZoneAs a concept of "New Food Valley Special Zone", "Ring Japan Sea Gateway Special Zone", "Sogyo Special Zone"Abe CabinetSubmitted to.2014May 3ToFukuoka City-HyogoYabu City-Okinawa-Kansai area-Tokyo areaとともに国家戦略特区に決定された。2018年10月29日の35代目（公選制では19代目）新潟市長選挙には出馬せず、4期16年（2002年11月‐2018年11月）の任期を終えた。
- municipal office-Ward office / branch office
- Municipal enterprise
- Transition of the city hall
- Special area for structural reform
- Niigata City International Founding Special Zone
- National Strategic Special Zone
- Reform base for large-scale agriculture
- Niigata State Plan - yetPrefectural systemThere was a lot of discussion2011(23)May 1ToHirohiko IzumidaWith the Governor of Niigata Prefecture (at that time)Akira ShinodaAt a joint conference by the Mayor of Niigata,TokyoIn line with the current Niigata cityspecial areaTo other cities, towns and villages, and further mergers, with a population of 30Basic municipalityThe concept of transition to the state system was announced.In addition, the authority of each special ward and basic municipality was assumed to be higher than that of the current 23 special wards of Tokyo.
In NiigatafinanceAccording to the financial results for FY2012 (FY24), the revenue is 3,576 billion yen and the expenditure is 3,532 billion yen.[City 5]。歳入決算の主な項目の構成比は、地方税33%、地方債17.2%、国庫支出金12.9%、地方交付税12.7%、諸収入8.6%、都道府県支出金3.4%などとなっている。また、歳出決算の主な構成比は、義務的経費が計43.9%（扶助費18.2%、人件費15%、公債費10.7%）、その他経費が計38%（物件費12%、補助費9.7%など）、投資的経費が計18.1%（普通建設事業費18%、災害復旧事業費0.1%）である[City 5].Act on Financial Soundness of Local Governments (Financial Soundness Act)Of the indicators specified inReal debt service ratioIs 11.3% and the future burden ratio is 113.5%, which are below the early restoration standards, etc.[City 5].Financial capability indexIs 0.70, which is the 20th value among 17 ordinance-designated cities..
Niigata Prefectural Assembly
As of 2019
- Niigata City constituency (constant 15)
|Parliamentary name||Number of seats|
|In the future||3|
|Social Democratic Prefectural Union||0|
|Japan Communist Party||0|
|Constituency||Elected member||Political party|
|Kita Ward constituency||2||Shin Iino||Independent|
|East constituency||2||Atsushi Watanabe||LDP|
|Central constituency||3||Takashi Kojima||LDP|
|Tomoyuki Uesugi||In the future (National Democratic Party)|
|Gangnam constituency||1||Jun Sato||LDP|
|Akiha Ward constituency||2||Kobayashi Kazuhiro||LDP|
|Goro Uchiyama||In the future (Democratic Party for the People)|
|Minami Ward constituency||1||Yoshimune Kasahara||LDP|
|West constituency||3||Naoki Takahashi||LDP|
|Ken Obuchi||In the future (Constitutional Democratic Party)|
|Nishikan Ward constituency||1||Takahiro Shigekawa||Independent|
House of Representatives
|Small district||Elected member||Political party||Proportional representation|
|Constituency||region||Elected member||Political party|
|Niigata Prefecture second ward||Chuo Ward, East Ward, Nishi Ward (excluding Yotsugoya), Gangnam Ward and part of Kita Ward||Chinami Nishimura||Constitutional Democratic Party||Tohru Ishizaki||Independent|
|Niigata Prefecture second ward||Nishikan Ward, Minami Ward (Ajikata / Tsukigata), Nishi Ward (Yotsugoya)||Eiichiro Washio||LDP||Kenichi Hosoda||LDP|
|Niigata Prefecture second ward||Kita Ward (Toyosaka)||Kuroiwa Uyo||Constitutional Democratic Party||Hiroaki Saito||LDP|
|Niigata Prefecture second ward||Akiha Ward, Minami Ward (Shirone), Konan Ward (Kameda / Yokogoshi), Kita Ward (Junimae)||Makiko Kikuta||Constitutional Democratic Party||(None)|
* For some government agenciesNiigata Misaki Joint Government BuildingSee also
National Police Agency
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
Ministry of Justice
Ministry of Finance
Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
Ministry of Agriculture
Ministry of the Environment
Ministry of Defense, SDF
Independent administrative agency
- Japan External Trade Organization JETRO Niigata
- Labor Health and Safety Organization Niigata Occupational Health Comprehensive Support Center
- Car accident prevention mechanism Niigata branch office
- Fisheries Research Center Nihonkaiku Fisheries Research Institute
- Forest Research and Maintenance Organization Forest maintenance center Kanto Maintenance Bureau Niigata Water Source Forest Maintenance Office
In the city, as followsNiigata Prefectural PoliceThere are 9 police stations.In addition, it is installed in the prefectural police headquartersNiigata City Police DepartmentHowever, it is in charge of commanding and supervising 9 police stations in the city and contacting and coordinating with Niigata City.
For police boxes and police boxes, refer to the articles of each administrative district.
|Niigata Kita Police Station||Kizaki, Kita-ku||Kita Ward,Kitabamabara-gunSeiromachiA part of|
|Niigata East Police Station||Shimokido, Higashi-ku||Higashi Ward|
|Niigata Chuo Police Station||Yorii-cho, Chuo-ku||Chuo Ward (Niigata Island)|
|Niigata Police Station||Chuo Ward Kamitokoro||Chuo Ward (excluding Niigata Island)|
|Gangnam Police Station||Unoko, Konan Ward||Konan ward|
|Akiha Police Station||Niitsu, Akiha Ward||Akiba|
|Niigata Minami Police Station||Noto, Minami-ku||South ward|
|Niigata Nishi Police Station||Nishi-ku Koshin||Nishi-ward|
|Nishikan Police Station||Nishikan Ward Akasabi||Nishikan Ward,Nishikanbara-gunYahiko Village|
- Niigata Akiwa riot
- Niigata Red Cross Center Bombing Attempt
- Niigata Nihonsha attack case
- Girl abduction case (Japanese abduction issue by North Korea）
- Sigachov case
- Niigata Designer Kidnapping Murder Case
- Niigata City Taxi Driver Robbery Murder Case
- Toki Messe contact deck fall accident
- Fire department
Firefighting activities in the cityNiigata City Fire DepartmentThere are a total of eight fire stations, one for each administrative district.
About each fire station, it is as follows.About the branch officeNiigata City Fire Department # Fire DepartmentSee.
|Administrative district||Fire department||Location|
|Kita||North fire station||Kita Ward Kuzutsuka|
|Higashi Ward||East Fire Department||Yamakido, Higashi-ku|
|Chuo-ku||Central fire station||Chuo Ward Shumoku|
|Konan ward||Gangnam Fire Department||Funatoyama, Konan Ward|
|Akiba||Akiha Fire Department||Hodojima, Akiha Ward|
|South ward||South fire department||Shinwacho, Minami-ku|
|Nishi-ward||West Fire Department||Nishi-ku Makio|
|Nishikan Ward||Nishikan Fire Station||Maeda, Nishikan Ward|
- Main hospital
* "☆" is a designated emergency hospital
In Niigata City, there are 1 prefectural library and 18 municipal libraries, as well as museums, aquariums, and botanical gardens.Regarding zoos, there are several small animal-related facilities, but there are no zoos that breed large animals.
Niigata City History Museum(Main building)
In the city,Japan PostThere are 11 post offices that carry out collection and delivery operations.The collection and delivery stations in the city are as follows.
|Collection and delivery post office|
(Yu Yu window・ Collection Bureau)
|Hoei Post Office||950-33xx||Kita Ward (Toyosaka District)|
|Matsuhama Post Office|
|950-31xx||Kita Ward (North District)|
|Niigata Central Post Office||950-00xx, 950-01xx|
|The entire area of Higashi Ward, part of Chuo Ward, Gangnam Ward (Kameda District, Oeyama District)|
|Niigata Central Post Office||951-80xx, 951-81xx||Part of Chuo Ward (Niigata Island), Nishi Ward (Sekiya, Sekiya Horiwaricho)|
|950-02xx, 950-03xx||Gangnam-gu (Yokogoshi district, Ryokawa district)|
|Niitsu Post Office||956-00xx, 956-01xx, 956-08xx||The whole area of Akiha Ward|
|Shirone Post Office||950-12xx, 950-13xx, 950-14xx||All over Minami Ward, Nishikan Ward (Nakanokuchi district)|
|Niigata Nishi Post Office||950-20xx, 950-21xx, 950-22xx||Part of Nishi Ward|
|Onomachi Post Office|
|950-11xx||Nishi Ward (Kurosaki District), Konan Ward, Chuo Ward (Sonoki District)|
|Maki Post Office|
|953-00xx, 953-01xx||Nishikan Ward (Maki district, Iwamuro district)|
|Nishikawa Post Office|
|959-04xx, 959-05xx||Nishikan Ward (Nishikawa district, Garahigashi district)|
- Landline area code
In Niigata cityFixed-line phoneThere are threeMessage Area (MA)Are mixed, and there are three, 025, 0250, and 0256.Area codeExists.Each MA includes all or part of the surrounding municipalities, and what is the municipality within the MA?Local callAvailable at.
The range of the three MAs is as follows.
- "Niigata MA" 025 -2DE, -3DE
- Kita Ward, Higashi Ward, Chuo Ward, Gangnam Ward, Minami Ward, Nishi Ward, Akiha Ward (Kakurozu), Nishikan Ward (Nakanokuchi District, Makiohara, Gonokami), part of Seiro Town
- "Niitsu MA" 0250 -2E, -3E, -4E, -5E, -6E
- Akiha Ward (excluding Kakurozu), Gangnam Ward (Agano [Accommodation Bureau / Kyogase]), Kita Ward (Part of Junimae [Accommodation Bureau / Kyogase]), Almost the entire area of Gosen City, All areas of Agano City
- "Volume MA" 0256 -7E, -8E, -9E
- Nishikan Ward (excluding Nakanokuchi District, Makiohara, Gonokami), Nishi Ward (part of Kiba), the entire area of Yahiko Village, part of Tsubame City, part of Nagaoka City
Niigata MA1986(Showa61 years)May 11The area code was first converted to 3 digits in Niigata prefecture.The area of 0252-DE, 0253-DE, 02537-E, 02538-E, 025385-was unified to "025-CDE" in order to take measures against tight phone numbers and to enable calls within MA without adding an area code. did.In addition, Niitsu MA1985(60)May 3, Volume MA1984(59)May 12The area code was unified.
There are several areas in Niigata prefecture that use the area code "025", of which the city code 200/300 is assigned to Niigata MA.In addition, the city code 3s was also assigned to Niigata MA in order to set the weather forecast number "025-177" from outside the city to "025 Niigata MA" at the time of digitization.However, later, because "100 area" other than Niigata MA occurred in the prefecture, it became impossible to identify it as Niigata MA in "025-025", and the weather forecast number from outside the city was returned to the former "177-0252". It was.From this background (Niigata MA's "177 series" is still NTT'sSquare compartmentNotation List of area codes, etc. by unit charge area ・ Eastern Japan Although it is assigned as the Niigata MA number band in the list), as of 2011, dialing "025-177" will result in "Shimoetsu / Niigata region 0252-177", "Uonuma / Minami Uonuma / Tokamachi region 0257-177", and "Joetsu / Joetsu / Each number of "Itoigawa district 0255-177" will be voice-guided with no call charges.
In addition, the call charge distance classification between each MA on the subscriber phone is "adjacent area" between Niigata MA and Niitsu MA / Maki MA (90 yen excluding tax every 10 seconds in the daytime), and "20km" between Niigata MA and Maki MA. It is classified as "up to 30km" (weekday daytime, 60 yen excluding tax every 10 seconds).
- Unification of area code
The area code of the city area is divided into threeToll callBecause it is inconvenient, citizens' voices calling for the early unification of area codes may be sent to "letter to the mayor".The city has stated in the "Letter to the Mayor" on the Niigata City website that it will make a request to NTT and the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, which is the main business entity, at the stage when discussions from citizens have increased.[City 7].
Akiha Ward and Nishikan Ward Autonomy Council held in October 2008[City 8][City 9] In December, the Niigata City Planning and Coordination Division conducted a "questionnaire on telephone area code".The target area of the questionnaire is Akiha Ward[City 10] And Nishikan Ward[City 11] only.This will be most affected by the change in area code, and the opinions of the residents of Akiha Ward, where most of the area belongs to "0250 Niitsu MA", and Nishikan Ward, which belongs to "0256 Volume MA", are important. Because the city side decided that there was.In each ward, 1000 general households and 1000 business establishments were randomly selected, and a total of 4000 questionnaire surveys were conducted in both wards.Result of investigation[City 12][City 13], "I oppose unifying the area code on the business establishment side" exceeded half, so the city decided that it was appropriate to keep it as it is for the time being.As for the breakdown, more than half of the households in both wards agreed, but more than half of the business establishments disagreed with both wards.In an interview article of Niigata Nippo before the questionnaire, the city said, "If the approval exceeds half, it will be unified, and if it is less than the majority, it will not be unified. We will make a comprehensive judgment after looking at the whole." , He said he was not particular about "majority".However, in the end, the unification of the area code was postponed based on the judgment that "more than half disagree."
Send and distribute power to Niigata cityGeneral power transmission and distribution business TheTohoku Electric Power(From February 2020, 4Tohoku Electric Power Network).
- Major power plants in and around the city
|Power plant||business person||Location||Total output|
|Higashi Niigata Thermal Power Station||Tohoku Electric Power||Seiro Town Higashiko XNUMX-chome||481 kW|
|Niigata Thermal Power Station||Tohoku Electric Power||XNUMX-chome, Momoyama-cho, Higashi-ku||39.3 kW|
|Niigata Snow Country Mega Solar Power Plant||Showa Shell Sekiyu||Heiwacho, Higashi-ku||1000kW|
Within the city limitsCity GasIs supplied by the following businesses.There are no areas that carry out public gas projects, and all are privately owned.
|business person||Head office location||Supply area within the city area|
|Hokuriku gas||XNUMX-chome, Higashiodori, Chuo-ku||North Ward, Higashi Ward, Chuo Ward, Gangnam Ward (excluding Yokogoshi District), Nishi Ward|
|Echigo natural gas||Niitsu, Akiha Ward||Gangnam-gu (Yokogoshi district), Akiha-ku|
|Shirane gas||XNUMX-chome, Suidocho, Tsubame-shi||Minami Ward (excluding Tsukigata area)|
|Gamahara gas||Nishikan Ward Makiko||Minami Ward (Tsukigata District), Nishikan Ward|
Water supply facility
Within the city limitsWater supplyIs distributed by the Niigata City Waterworks Bureau, with some exceptions.
|Water purification plant||Location||Main water distribution areas in the city area|
|East Port Water Purification Plant|
(Niigata East Port Area Water Supply Company Group)[Note 1]
|Sasayama, Kita-ku||Almost the entire area of Kita Ward|
* For water distribution operations in the area around East Port (including Tarodai)Meiwa KogyoOperated by Niigata East Port Waterworks Division
|Omuro Water Purification Plant|
(Agano City Waterworks and Sewerage Bureau)
|Agano City Omuro||Kita Ward (Junimae), Gangnam Ward (Agano)|
* Water is sent from Agano City, and the water distribution business in the area is operated by the Niigata City Waterworks Bureau.
|Agano River Water Purification Plant||XNUMX-chome, Yokogoshikamicho, Konan Ward||Part of Kita Ward, whole East Ward, part of Chuo Ward, Gangnam Ward (Kameda district, Yokogoshi district, Oeyama district)|
|Shinanogawa Water Purification Plant||Konan Ward Ojigoya||Part of Chuo Ward, part of Nishi Ward, Gangnam Ward (Sonoki district, Ryokawa district)|
|Manganji Water Purification Plant||Manganji, Akiha Ward||Akiha Ward|
|Togashira water purification plant||Minami Ward Togashira||All over Minami Ward, Nishikan Ward (Garahigashi district, Nakanokuchi district)|
|Aoyama Water Purification Plant||Nishi-ku Aoyama Suido||Part of Chuo Ward (Niigata Island), part of Nishi Ward|
|Maki water purification plant||Nishikan Ward Washinoki||Nishi Ward (Yotsugoya), Nishikan Ward (Maki District, Nishikawa District, Iwamuro District)|
All water distribution operations in areas other than those mentioned above are operated by the Niigata City Waterworks Bureau.
Niigata City's sewage treatment population penetration rate is 86.0% (2014(As of the end of 26). Penetration rate is in urban areas, etc.SewerThe population of areas where facilities and village drainage facilities such as rural areas are maintained,Merged processing septic tankIt is based on the number of users of, and is ranked 30nd and lower in all 22 municipalities in Niigata prefecture...Of these, the sewerage treatment population penetration rate, which indicates the ratio of the population in the sewerage treatment area to the total population, is 83.4% (as of the end of the same fiscal year).
Niigata City's sewerage business1952(Showa 27) January, laterNiigata IslandMaintenance was started from the eastern part of the area (Funami processing area).1958From (Showa 33), the maintenance area was expanded as part of measures against land subsidence, and the Funami Sewage Treatment Plant became1964(39) Processing started in May, but in the same yearMay 6 OfNiigata earthquakeDue to the catastrophic damage, the restoration work of the Funami processing area1967(Showa 42) It extended to spring.
In addition to this Niigata earthquake, the maintenance cost of Niigata City increased due to the original location condition of soft ground, and the maintenance of the sewerage network was significantly delayed compared to other cities.The sewerage treatment area in the city area1970 eraUntil the second half, there is only Funami processing area,1979The sewage treatment population penetration rate in Niigata City (54) was 14.8%, which was far below the national average of 28.0% at that time.Toriya NogataIt caused problems such as serious water pollution.
In the old city area of Niigata City and the later transfer city area1980Since (55), new construction of sewage treatment plants has progressed.Also in Niigata City1991(3), as a result of formulating the "3th Sewerage Development Five-Year Plan" aiming to increase the annual sewerage treatment population penetration rate by 7% and proceeding with sewerage development at a rapid pace, before the merger of 5 municipalities of2003The sewage treatment population penetration rate in (15) was 72.7%, which exceeded the national average of 66.7% at that time.[City 14].
However, there are still areas where sewerage development has not progressed in some of the incorporated city areas.In particular, the penetration rates of Minami Ward and Nishikan Ward are only around 30%, which is far below the national average.Since both areas are dotted with areas where it is difficult to improve the sewerage network, such as occupying a large amount of farmland, the city is also considering the introduction of village drainage facilities and merged treatment septic tanks to treat sewage throughout the city. The aims.
|Administrative district||Administrative population (people)||Sewerage treatment population (people)||Penetration(%)|
|All over Niigata City||801,270||668,233||83.4|
|Niigata prefecture as a whole|
Sewerage treatment population penetration rate
Sewerage treatment population penetration rate
(End of 2014)
- Sewage treatment plant and treatment area
|Name of facility||Location||Sewerage treatment area in the city|
|Shimami Purification Center||KitaShimamicho||Kita Ward (part of the Minamihama area of the Kita district)|
|Niigo River Purification Center|
(Niigata Sewerage Corporation)[Note 2]
|Kita Ward Nametokoro XNUMX-chome||Kita Ward (entire area excluding Shimami Treatment Zone)|
|Niigata Purification Center|
(Niigata Sewerage Corporation)
|Higashi-ku Shitayama XNUMX-chome||East Ward, Chuo Ward (part of East District), Gangnam Ward (Kameda District, Yokogoshi District, Oeyama District)|
|Funami sewage treatment plant||XNUMX-chome, Funami-cho, Chuo-ku||Chuo Ward (eastern Niigata Island)|
|Central sewage treatment plant||Taemon Nitta, Chuo-ku||Chuo Ward (entire area excluding Niigata and Funami processing areas), Gangnam Ward (Sonoki area, Ryokawa area)|
Nishi Ward (Sakaiwa district, part of the West district)
|Niitsu Purification Center|
(Niigata Sewerage Corporation)
|Akiha Ward Kodanouchi Onobi Kai||Akiba|
|Shirane Central Purification Center||Negishi, Minami-ku||Minami Ward (Shirone district)|
|Nishikawa Purification Center|
(Niigata Sewerage Corporation)
|Nishi-ku Kasagi||Nishi Ward (entire area excluding Chubu Treatment Zone), Minami Ward (Friend District, Tsukigata District), Nishikan Ward|
At the Chubu Sewage Treatment Plant2013(25)May 1Occurs during the processing processmethane gasIs operating a power generation system that uses the main component "sludge digestion gas" as fuel.It is the first power generation facility in Niigata Prefecture as a sewerage business, with an output of 560kW and an annual total power generation of about 440 million kWh (for about 1400 ordinary households), and can cover about 4% of the power consumption of the treatment plant..
The waste treatment facilities under the jurisdiction of Niigata City are as follows.
Garbage disposal facility
- Waste intermediate treatment facility
The following seven facilities are provided as facilities for intermediate treatment such as incineration, sorting, and crushing of waste.
|Name of facility||Location||Collection area for burnable garbage (ordinary garbage)|
|Hoei Environmental Center|
(Hoeikyo Cleaning Facility Processing Association)[Note 3]
|Uranoiri, Kita-ku||Kita Ward (Toyosaka District)|
|Resource Recycling Center|
|Shimokido XNUMX-chome, Higashi-ku||(Aggregation / sorting of oversized garbage, crushing / sorting of recyclable waste only)|
|Kameda Cleaning Center||Kameda, Konan Ward||North Ward (North District), East Ward, Chuo Ward, Gangnam Ward|
|Niitsu Clean Center||Akiha Ward Oguchi||Akiha Ward (Niitsu District)|
|Shirane Green Tower||Usui, Minami-ku||Akiha Ward (Kosudo District), Minami Ward, Nishikan Ward (Nakanokuchi District)|
(Waste accumulation / crushing / sorting only. Incineration work is carried out at Nitta Cleaning Center, etc.)
|Nitta Cleaning Center||Nishi-ku Kasagi||Nishi Ward (excluding Yotsugoya)|
|Yoroigata Clean Center||Nishikan Ward Yoroigata||Nishi-ku (Yotsugoya), Nishikan-ku (excluding Nakanokuchi area)|
Waste is incinerated at five facilities except the Resource Recycling Center and Shirane Green Tower.
- Landfill site
Final landfill disposal of incineration ash, etc. is carried out at the following 5 facilities.
|Name of facility||Location|
|Municipal waste final disposal site Ekaedeen|
(Hoeikyo Cleaning Facility Processing Association)
|Kita Ward Maeshinden|
|Tayuhama landfill site (XNUMXrd term)||Shimami-cho, Kita-ku|
|Kameda Third Landfill Disposal Site||Kameda, Konan Ward|
|Fourth Akatsuka landfill site||Nishi-ku Higashiyama|
|Fukui landfill site||Fukui, Nishikan Ward|
Human waste treatment facility
Treatment of human waste, septic tank sludge, etc. in the city area is carried out at the following four facilities.
|Name of facility||Location||Human waste / sludge carry-in area|
|Cleaning center and urine treatment plant|
(Agakita Wide Area Association)[Note 4]
|Agano City Funai||Kita Ward (Toyosaka District)|
|Maihei Processing Center||Hiraga, Konan Ward||The entire city except the collection areas of Agakita, Niitsu, and Maki|
|Niitsu Purification Center|
(Niigata Sewerage Corporation)
|Akiha Ward Kodanouchi Onobi Kai||Akiha Ward (Niitsu District)|
|Roll processing center||Fukui, Nishikan Ward||Akiha Ward (Kosudo District), Minami Ward, Nishi Ward (Yotsugoya), Nishikan Ward|
Sister city/affiliated city
The overseas sister cities are as follows.
- sister city
- Galveston City(The United States of America Texas）
- Khabarovskcity(Russian Federation Khabarovsk region）
- Vladivostokcity(Russian Federation Primorsky Territory）
- Birobidzhancity(Russian Federation Jewish Autonomous Region）
- Nantescity(France Pays de la Loire region Loire Atlantic Province）
- Friendship city
- Exchange agreement city
- A city with friendly exchanges
- Springcity(United Kingdom England Yorkshire and the Humber region East Riding of Yorkshire）
- 1963From the Hull side for 20 years, including the start of exchanges with the British Embassy in Tokyo and the children's painting exchange exhibition held in both cities in the same year.roseSaplings were presented to the citizens,1990Since then, exchange projects such as mutual visits by delegations have been continued.No agreement has been signed.
As described above,Circular Sea of JapanThere is a deep connection with the area, and on the information board in the cityEnglish,ChineseOthersKorean,RussianThe notation is conspicuous.Also,Circular Sea of JapanBesides being a regionPort townBeing and soccerFIFA World CupThere is something in common, such as holding.
As of May 2015, Niigata City has no sister cities in Japan, but has signed cooperation agreements with many cities inside and outside the prefecture regarding administrative cooperation in the event of a disaster, tourist attraction, cultural exchange, etc. It is concluded.
- Policy cooperation agreement
- Joetsu ShinkansenRevitalization Alliance (Niigata Prefecture, Prefectural Assembly, 18 municipalities along and around the Joetsu Shinkansen, each municipal assembly, etc.)
- Northern Kanto-Niigata Regional Cooperation Axis Promotion Council (Niigata City,Kamo City,Nagaoka,Kashiwazaki,Yuzawa Town5 cities and towns in the prefecture,Gunma7 municipalities,Tochigi5 municipalities,Ibaraki3 cities and towns)
- Mutual support agreements in the event of a disaster have also been concluded with these 20 cities and towns.
- Banetsu ExpresswayCity exchange conference along the railway line (Niigata Prefecture andFukushima16 cities and towns along the same road)
- Disaster prevention cooperation agreement
- Niigata prefecture
- Neighboring municipalities mutual support agreement in the event of a disaster (Niigata City, Nagaoka City, Sanjo City, Shibata City, Kamo City, Tsubame City, Gosen City, Agano City, Sado City, Seiro Town, Yahiko Village, Tagami Town)
- 1995Concluded on April 7, 4
- Agreement on mutual support in the event of a disaster in the central regional municipalities of the prefecture (Niigata City, Sanjo City, Tsubame City, Kamo City, Nagaoka City, Tagami Town, Yahiko Village)
- 1996(8) February 2, the former Iwamuro village concludes
- Outside Niigata Prefecture
- Mutual support agreement at the time of disaster
- KanagawaKawasaki City : 1969(Showa 44) Concluded on July 7
- SaitamaSaitama : 2014(26) Concluded on March 3
- GunmaMaebashi : Concluded on September 2014, 26
- GunmaTakasaki : Concluded on September 2014, 26
- EhimeSaijo City : 2015(27) Concluded on March 6
- Agreement on mutual support in the event of a disaster in a member city of the local government disaster prevention information network (Niigata City,Sendai city,Shimabara,Kushiro,Sumida-ku,Shizuoka City,Fukui City)
- 2006Concluded on April 18, 4
- 横 浜 市Agreement on mutual support in the event of a crisis in Niigata City
- 2008Concluded on April 20, 2
- Mutual Support Agreement for Disasters (56 cities and towns nationwide where oil bases are located)
- 2011Concluded on April 23, 7
- 21 Agreement on Support in the Event of a Big City Disaster (TokyoAnd all 20Government-designated city）
- 2012Concluded on April 24, 10
- In March 20, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and 2013 government-designated cities have signed a series of mutual support agreements between the civil welfare department and the hygiene department, which complement this agreement.
- Tourism cooperation / cultural exchange agreement
Niigata City1858(Ansei5 years)US-Japan Amity and Trade TreatyBecame the first port opening in Japan, so-called "Opening Five PortsIs one ofNiigata PortHas, but1993(HeiseiFrom 5 years), government officials and civic groups from Hakodate, Yokohama, Kobe, and Nagasaki, which are the five cities that opened the port, will gather for the purpose of exchanging opinions and exchanging opinions on community development activities.Opening 5 cityscape town development meeting」を開催している。この会議は5都市が持ち回り制で各々5年おきに主催しており、新潟市は1997年(平成9年)、2002年(平成14年)、2007年(平成19年)、2012年(平成24年)に開催地となっている。また横浜市とは2006年(平成18年)、2008年(平成20年)夏の34th Summit of Major CountriesWe are jointly inviting the holding of (Summit).Both cities said that they would hold a summit meeting in Yokohama and a ministerial meeting in Niigata as the "Opening City Summit", but in the end the venue wasHokkaidoNext door (Hokkaido Toyako Summit), Labor Ministers' Meeting in Niigata, YokohamaAfrican Development ConferenceWas held respectively.
- Niigata CitySado CityCustomer attraction cooperation agreement
- 2008Concluded on April 20, 8
- Aizuwakamatsu・ Niigata City Tourism Exchange Declaration
- Niigata CityTakasakiTourism exchange cooperation agreement
- Opening 5 cities cooperation (Niigata City,Hakodate,Yokohama,Kobe City,Nagasaki)
- 1993Jointly implemented an exchange project from (5) (details mentioned above)
- Kyoto City・ Niigata City Tourism and Cultural Exchange Declaration
- Thousand Wind Summit (Niigata City,Nanae Town, Saijo City)
- Domestic friendship cities in the transfer city area
The four towns and villages included in the transfer city area in 2005 had sister cities with cities, towns and villages in various parts of the country, but after the merger, they were incorporated as part of the city's exchange promotion project and inherited as an exchange project for each district. ing.
- What was Yokogoshi Village at that time?1961(Showa 36) Deepened exchanges triggered by the youth class exchange party held in February, and officially signed as a sister village in 2.Even today, when Yokogoshi Town became the town after the town system came into effect, and the Yokogoshi district in Konan Ward after the merger and transition to an ordinance-designated city, exchange projects are still ongoing.
- HokkaidoSorachi General Promotion BureauKabado-gunTsukigata: 1992(Heisei 4)May 2, OldTsukigata VillageConcluded with
- From the connection of the local government name "Tsukigata", which is the same as Tsukigata Village at that time1990Mutual exchange started in 2, and friendship sister towns and villages were concluded in 1992.Even after the merger, exchange projects such as child exchange are still being implemented.
- HokkaidoHidaka Promotion BureauSamani-gunSamani Town : 1995(Heisei 7)May 10, OldAjikata VillageConcluded with
- What was Ajikata Village at that time?Shirone Giant Kite Battle, Samani Town is the "Hokkaido Great Kite Festival" and the kite festival is held together.1991Exchange started in 3 and signed a sister city in 1995.The exchange business continues even after the merger.
- We started exchanges in honor of "Tsurukame", which is a combination of the town names of both towns, and declared "Tsurukame Friendship City" in 2001.The name of the local government disappeared due to the merger of both towns later, but the exchange business is still ongoing.
- Consulate General
- Consulate-General of the Russian Federation in Niigata
- Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Niigata
- NiigataSouth KoreaConsulate General
- Honorary Consulate
Niigata City's gross domestic product is2 billion yen(18).In the city areaPaddy fieldThere are many cultivated lands such as, but theyPrimary industryThe ratio of rice is about 1%, which is low, but the production of riceTulipCultivation is the best municipality in Japan. Tertiary industryOccupies about 8% of the total, thenSecondary industryOccupies about 2%.
(XNUMX million yen)
|Compared to the previous year|
Rate of increase
|Primary industry||420||1.4||△ 8.2|
|Secondary industry||5,358||17.4||△ 2.3|
|Tertiary industry||24,978||81.2||△ 1.5|
Major companies headquartered in Niigata
Only companies that are expanding nationwide are listed.
Newspaper / communication
- Newspaper company
- Terrestrial television station
- NHK Niigata Broadcasting Station
- Broadcasting System of Niigata(BSN) (TBSseries)
- NST Niigata General Television(NST) (Fuji Television Network, Incseries)
- TV Niigata Broadcasting Network(TeNY) (Nippon TVseries)
- Niigata TV 21(UX) (TV Asahiseries)
- New mediaNiigata Center (NCV)
- Radio stations
- NHK Niigata Broadcasting Station
- Broadcasting System of Niigata (BSN) (JRN-NRNseries)
- FM Radio Niigata(FM-NIIGATA) (JFNseries)
- Niigata Prefecture FM Broadcasting(FM PORT) (Independent broadcasting station）
- FM KENTO(Community FM station）
- RADIO CHAT(Ibid.)
- Hot radio(Ibid.)
Lifelong learning / social education facility
Niigata City and its surroundingsHonshuSea of JapanOn the sideTransportation nodeIt is responsible for the function as.On the railroadJR East OfJoetsu ShinkansenIncluding the Joetsu region and Chuetsu region in Niigata prefecture,Tohoku regionAnd so onConventional line OfLimited express-Rapid trainIs in operation.In road traffichighwayIs centered around Niigata CityHokuriku Expressway,Banetsu Expressway,Sea of Japan Tohoku ExpresswaySpreads radially,Express BusThe route network connects major cities inside and outside the prefecture.In particular, the highway bus routes of the prefecture lines are operated frequently, taking advantage of direct access to downtown areas and major facilities in the city center.Furthermore, general roads such as national roads and prefectural roads also pass through the suburbs.Bypass roadThe network is well developed and plays a major role in transportation to and from the city and between cities.Niigata AirportHas a route network in Japan and overseas,Niigata PortAs a key point of maritime transportationInternational base port,Core international portOf the above, it is designated as a comprehensive base port.
Higashi WardAgano RiverLocated on the left bank of the estuaryNiigata AirportFrom, routes connecting domestic cities and East Asian cities are in service.It is located about 25 minutes by bus from Niigata Station, and is relatively easy to access from the city.
In Niigata Prefecture and Niigata City, we are promoting revitalization measures to improve the convenience of the airport, such as expanding the route network for domestic and international flights, improving access to the airport from both inside and outside the prefecture, and activating air freight transportation. I'm doing it.
In the city area1858 OfUS-Japan Amity and Trade TreatyWas designated as one of the five open portsNiigata PortIt is one of the key points of maritime transportation on the Sea of Japan side of Honshu.Specific port,Specific important port, The only port on the Sea of Japan sideCore international portIn addition to being designated as one of the five comprehensive base ports nationwide, it is also designated as a base port for two sectors, international marine containers and liquefied natural gas, by sector.
There are two ports in Niigata: the West Port Ward (Niigata West Port), which is a river mouth port that covers both banks of the Shinano River in Chuo Ward and East Ward, and the East Port Ward (Niigata East Port), which is a digging port that straddles Seiro Town, Kitakambara District, Kita Ward. It consists of a port area.Donggang District has an international marine container terminal with the largest number of containers handled on the Sea of Japan side of Honshu, and Xigang District hasSado Steamship,Shin Nihonkai FerrySado / Hokkaido / Tsuruga routes depart and arrive.
|Total||1,862 million people|
|Sightseeing spot||NATURE||54 million people|
|History/culture||372 million people|
|Hot spring / health||100 million people|
|Sports and recreation||127 million people|
|Urban tourism||483 million people|
|Other||45 million people|
|Events / Events||682 million people|
The number of tourists in Niigata City isAbout 1,862 million people(2017 (29)), And attracting customers through urban tourism and festivals and events accounts for 6% of the total.In addition, about 61% of the number of tourists in the Shimoetsu area of Niigata prefecture, and about 26% of Niigata prefecture as a whole.[City 15].
The main tourist destinations in Niigata City are related to the portNiigata Island,Shinano RiverIn addition to being concentrated in the surrounding area, things related to agriculture and nature are scattered in the plains.Regarding tourism resources other than cultural properties and famous places described below, "Niigata City Education #Museum""Niigata City Education #Museum""Niigata City Education # Animal and Botanical Garden""#Sport""#cultureSee.
Wide area cooperation
For wide-area cooperation on tourism with cities inside and outside the prefecture, see "#Tourism cooperation / cultural exchange agreementSee.
A nationally designated cultural property in Niigata City
- Important cultural property
- Former Sasagawa family residence
- Bandai Bridge
- Shugetsuji Main Hall
- Kinumoto's statue of Fudo Myoo Nidoji (Collection of Hokkoin)
- Wooden Jizo Bodhisattva Half-Buddhist Statue (Morinji Collection)
- Aya magnetic bird fruit vase Itaya HayamaProduct (Tsurui Museum of ArtWarehouse)
- Sesson Yubai Bokuseki (Northern Culture MuseumWarehouse)
- Ayamezuka Kofun Excavated Items (Kinsenji Collection, Deposited at Niigata City History Museum)
- Important Tangible Folk Cultural Property
- Kotohira Shrine dedication model Japanese boat
- Natural treasure
Main tourism resources
Events / Events
Food / liquor
Hot spring / health
- Hot springs and recreation facilities
Sports and recreation
- amusement park
Once in the city limitsamusement parkThere were several, but none of them existed, and the nearest amusement park is in Agano City.Suntopia worldWill be.Formerly Terao, Nishi-ku (later Nishikan-ku)EchizenhamaMoved to)Niigata Amusement Park, "Toyanoen Family Land" in Nagata, Chuo-ku, and "Shumoku" in Shumoku, Chuo-ku.Toya's Lakeland, Yachiyo, the same wardBandai CityIndoor amusement park "Niigata"Joypolis”, But all of them have already been closed.After the park closed, most of Terao's old garden in Niigata Amusement Park was earned by the city, and it became "Terao Central Park" which used some of the former facilities such as tulip garden and rose garden as it is. LakelandNiigata Industrial Promotion CenterIt became a temporary parking lot, and Joypolis was converted into a commercial facility.Billboard Place 2".On the other handOil shockThe site of Family Land, which was closed due to the influence of such factors, has been converted into a residential land, and there are almost no traces of the past.
- Shinanogawa Water Shuttle(Water-bus）
- Ogino Street (Ogino styleDevelopedKyusaku OginoIn honor of the doctor)
- Niigata City Iwamuro Tourist Facility Iwamuroya
Niigata Town in the Edo periodKitamaebuneCulture flowed in and music entertainment prospered due to traffic such as..Among them, Bon Odori is said to have continued to dance for nearly a week, and was the first to dance in 1843 (Tenpo 14).Niigata BugyoWas appointed toKawamura NagatakaHas drawn the situation as a picture scroll of "Hand gestures of amateurs".MeijiThe festival disappeared due to the festival ban, but it is still today.traditional cultureCultural activities centered on dance, including the above, are actively carried out.In Niigata City, "Niigata City Cultural Creation Exchange City VisionIs being formulated.
Festivals and events
- A festival held in the Furumachi and Mandai districts of Chuo Ward in early August.Sumiyoshi Festival, River Opening, Port Opening Memorial Festival, Commerce and Industry Festival1955It was integrated in (30).
- A festival held in Nagaminemachi, Chuo-ku in late June.It is considered to be one of the three major Takamachi cities in Niigata.
- A festival held in the Kuzutsuka district of Kita Ward in early September.
- Other major festivals
- Numadare Festival
- Matsuhama Festival
- Akatsuka Festival
- Kurosaki Festival
- Yamashita Shinmeigu Autumn Festival
- Niitsu Festival
- Kosudo Festival
- Nishikawa Festival
- Tsukigata Festival
- Niigata lacquerware
- Niigata Buddhist altar, Shirone Buddhist altar (Traditional crafts designated by the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry）
- Hoei Buddhist altar
- Sea bream
- Kameda stripe
- Echigo flower candle
- Local performing arts
- There are various folk performing arts in Niigata City, and their fields aredrum,Woodworking, Sixth floor, etc.
- Chuo-kuFurimachi areaAn accompaniment method such as a dance using wooden barrels that is handed down to.
- A folk performing art of creative Japanese drums handed down in Chuo Ward.Niigata FestivalIt is played at.
- South wardTsukigataStreet performance, which is said to have occurred in the Edo period, has become a folk performing art.It is performed every year at the Tsukigata Festival in June.
- Sekiya XNUMXth floor
- A song that is handed down to the residents of the Sekiya Dankuro district.It is said that about 120 years ago, the residents of Sekiya went to Toyano's Bon Odori dance, and finished it in a very mellow tone with reference to the Toyano XNUMXth floor section that they learned there..
- Swamp tree
- It is sung at the Nuttari Festival, which is a festival of the Nuttarihakusan Shrine. It has a history of more than 300 years and will be shown on New Year's Eve in addition to the Numadare Festival..
- Matsuhama Taiko
- A creative drum made in the Matsuhama area (51) for the purpose of regional promotion.The rhythm of the brave drums expresses the rich natural scenery such as the four seasons of the Agano River, and is shown at the Matsuhama Festival..
- Under the mountain
- It is sung at festivals at Yamashita Shinmeigu Shrine and at weddings and other celebrations.It is said that it was reported that the fallen warriors of Kaga fell and settled in Echigo..
- Oiwa Manto Oshiai
- Kameda Kiyori
- Kameda's sword
- Kiba stick dance
- Liquor store woodworking
- Toyano XNUMXth floor
- Fukurozu lantern push
- Peep Karakuri
- Folk song
- Echigo Oiwake
- Introduced from Shinshu, some of the lyrics sing about the sea.According to one theory, the origin is the boatman's song in the Uonuma region..
- Niigata Kouta
- 1929In commemoration of the opening of the third generation Bandai Bridge in (Showa 4), it was commissioned by Niigata Shimbun.Kitahara White AutumnIs the lyrics,Machida YoshiakiIs composed.
- Niigata Matsusaka
- It is sung at the celebration table as a celebration song.It develops in XNUMX tones, and the musical accompaniment says "MedetaiMedetai"..
- Nagata algae taguri
- Niigata Okesa
- Niigata Ondo
- Niigata Jinku
- Niigata Boat Section
- Niigata Port Ondo
- Niigata Port Dance
- Niigata Night Song
- Niizaki Jinku
- Niitsu Matsuzaka
- Shinto music
- Akatsuka Taita Kagura
- Ogata Shrine Kagura
- Kaiuninari Shrine Kagura
- Kase Kagura
- Kambara Shrine Kagura
- Kotohira Shrine Kagura
- Liquor store Taita Kagura
- Sansha Shrine Kagura
- Sanbaishi Kagura
- Funatoyama Kagura
- Naoriyama Izanagi Night Kagura
- Niizaki Isaya Kagura
- Maki Kagura Dance
The oldest record of Noh in Niigata City is the third feudal lord of the Nagaoka domain.Tadatoki Makino 1715It is said that during the Niigata tour (5th year of Shotoku), the performance was held twice at Hakusan Shrine on April 4th and 25th...Noh was considered to be a samurai martial art, so there were few enthusiasts in Niigata, which is not a castle town. Allegedly received.
- The history of the Hosho style in Niigata1857It begins with the "Niigata Warakukai" organized by Gosaku Ishitsuki in (4th year of Ansei).Warakukai1907The name was changed to "Niigata Noh Theater" in (Meiji 40), but after the war1966In (Showa 41), the position was handed over to the "Niigata Hoshokai"..
- The Kanze school in Niigata1923(Taisho 12) Governor of Niigata Prefecture in JuneShinzo OharaBegins with inviting a Noh performer, Hikosaku Kawamoto.After that1924When Kawamoto's business trip training began in (Taisho 13), many Niigata Prefectural Government employees and office workers in the city participated...Gradually formed one group and developed into "Niigata Kyusaikai".
- Japanese dance
At the end of the Tokugawa shogunate, the third generation Ichiyama Shijuro visited Niigata to spread the style of Japanese dance in Niigata City, and in 2, the third generation Iemoto, a disciple from Niigata. It begins with the succession of.After that, after Fujima Kofuji, who became a Natori of the Fujima style in 1866, returned home in 1912., Ichiyama style and Fujima style became representative schools in Niigata..After the war, other schools such as Bando school and Hanayagi school started their activities.1947Niigata City Japanese Dance Association was established in 22..1951In (Showa 26), the Niigata City Performing Arts Association was established and blended into the general public...The following schools are active in Niigata City.
- It begins in 2 when Ichiyama 1866th, a disciple from Niigata, succeeded the third generation Iemoto.
- It begins when Kofuji Fujima returned home in 3.
- Katsuhiro Bando from Niigata City was born in 19.1944) Was evacuated from Tokyo to Niigata, where the air raids became fierce, and the rehearsal hall was opened..
- Showa 26 after the end of the war1951), Toshinoi Hanayagi opened a rehearsal hall at Yamanoshita Rinkaiso, which was a repatriation dormitory at that time..
- Orthodox Wakayanagi style
- Kisuki Wakayanagi, who was instructing dance in Tokyo in 26, moved to Niigata due to marriage.Beginning with the opening of a rehearsal hall in Honchodori 1951 Bancho.
- Azuma style
- Showa 28 (1953), Azuma Haru Ritsu started the Niigata Haru Ritsukai on Higashibori Dori..39 (Showa XNUMX)1964) Moved to Ariakeohashicho.
- Nishizaki style
- It begins with Miyuki Nishizaki holding a Miyukikai at the Koshisa Autonomous Hall in 28..
- NoismIs the aboveNiigata City Performing Arts CenterAs an exclusive dance company of (Ryutopia)2004Inaugurated in 16, it is a stage director / dancerJo KanamoriIs a comprehensive producer.It consists of Noism1 of the main company, which was established in the same year, and Noism2 of the trainee company.
- The purpose is to promote the culture of Niigata City through the creation of dance art works and performances not only in Niigata but also in Japan and around the world.This is the only example in Japan where a public facility owns an exclusive arts organization. Noism's operating funds are allocated to the operating budget of the Niigata City Arts and Culture Promotion Foundation, which is an affiliated organization of the city, and sponsorship from the private sector such as corporations and individuals.
- Local idol
- In 2003, the brilliant period of local idolsNegiccoWas formed.AKB48Based in Niigata City since 2011, when the popularity of the theater has grown nationwide, it has its own theater.RYUTist,Angel Generation, AKB57's sister group in 2015 after SLC48 was formedNGT48Was formed.
This is the old pre-Meiji eraPort townNiigata Town (Furumachi), But deal with the sailors who gather at the portPlaygroundIt begins with prosperity.With Yukaku after the Meiji eraFlower StreetIs split,GeishaEntertain customers only by performing artsFurumachi (Hanagai)Is formed and continues to the present.
Western music in Niigata City1871(Meiji 4)Gunma Normal SchoolからNiigata High School for GirlsMasanao Saito, who was assigned to1919It begins with the establishment of the Kisaragikai Music Research Institute in (Taisho 8).. After that1924In (Taisho 13), Niigata Prefecture's first mixed chorus "Kisaragi Chorus" was established.1931The orchestra "Niigata Symphony Orchestra" was established in (Showa 6).
- Niigata Symphony Orchestra
- Established in the fall of 1931 (Showa 6) by Akira Matsuki, Tetsuo Nakamura, and Heiji Kuwahara.
- Niigata University Orchestra
- The predecessor "Niigata Medical University Music Club" begins with the first concert in 1927 (Showa 2).
- Brass band
- Niigata Wind Orchestra
- Niigata Citizen's Wind Orchestra
- The chorus in Niigata City begins with the formation of two choruses, male and female, at the Kisaragikai Music Research Institute, which was established in 1919 (Taisho 8)...After that, in 1924 (Taisho 13), Niigata Prefecture's first mixed chorus "Kisaragi Chorus" was established at the request of peacetime at the mountainside...Before and during the war, in Niigata City, the chorus was sung in detail at only one or two workplaces, but after the war the activity became widespread.1947From (Showa 22)1948Around (Showa 23), more than 30 groups were formed, centered on the "Job Case Chorus".
- light music
- Indie live performances were held at a live house in Niigata City in 2009.HilcrhymeIs producing.
Hall live house
- Operated by prefectures, cities and affiliated organizations within the city limitsholeThere are facilities, especially in Chuo WardHakusan ParkThere are 3 public halls concentrated in the area.Also1980 eraAfter that, in Chuo Ward etc.live houseHave opened one after another and are widely used for concerts and various events.
* = Facility with a district community center
Once in the current city areaMovie theaterIs the Chuo Ward of the city centerFurumachiIt was located in the suburbs such as Kameda district in Konan Ward, Niitsu district in Akiha Ward, Uchino district in Nishi Ward, and Maki district in Nishikan Ward.However, in suburban movie theaters, the movie industry has become noticeably slanted.1960 eraFrom the latter half of the year, the movie theaters were gradually closed, and the movie theaters in the center were also aging and attracting customers.1980 eraIt was closed one after another.Instead1990 eraFrom the middle stageCinema complexHas advanced a lot.Currently, a total of 4 buildings, including 1 major cinema multiplex buildings and 5 single-building system, are in operation.
- Aeon Cinema Niigata Nishi (Koshinminami, Nishi-ku,ionNiigata Nishi store)
- Aeon Cinema Niigata Minami (Yanagida, Shimohayadoriya, Konan Ward,Aeon Mall Niigata Minami）
- T-JOYBandai Niigata (Yachiyo, Chuo-ku,Bandai City Billboard Place 2）
- United cinemaNiigata (Kamiomi, Chuo-ku,DeKKY401）
- Niigata Citizen Cinema Cine Wind(Yachiyo, Chuo-ku,Bandai City2nd parking lot building)
- Specialty dishes
- Specialty goods
- The following 15 brands of sake are produced in Niigata City, and every March is a local sake tasting event.Niigata Tanrei Niigata Sake TeamWill be held.
- Tsuruno Tomo
- Koshiji snowstorm
- Koshino Umeri
- Hachitoyo Koshino
- Mineno Shiraume
- Echigo Tsurugame
- Bamboo celebration
- In Nishikan Ward, Niigata City, local beer production began in the 90s, and the "Niigata Craft Beer Team", a local beer tasting event, is held every year.The following two brands are produced in Niigata City.
- Echigo beer
- Niigata Beer
- In Nishikan Ward, Niigata City, wine production began in the 90s, just like craft beer, and the number of wineries increased in the 2010s.There are four brands of wine produced in Niigata City.
- Curved cave
- Domaine Shoo
- Cantina Zio Setto
Professional sports team
|OUR TEAM||Type||league||Arena||Establishment||Number of wins|
|Albirex Niigata||サ ッ カ ー||J League||Niigata Stadium||1955|
|Niigata Albirex BB||basketball||B League||Aore Nagaoka||2000|
|Niigata Albirex BC||baseball||Independent League/BC League:Joshinetsu district||Niigata Prefectural Baseball Stadium||2006||Independent league GC 1 time, BC league victory 1 time|
- Albirex Niigata's main training centers areSeiromachiHowever, all official games will be held in Chuo-ku, the city.
- Niigata Albirex BC training camps and other basesNagaokaHowever, the head office registration is in Chuo Ward.Home games are held around two games a month in the city.
2001Completed in (13)Niigata Stadium(DenkaBig Swan Stadium) is a J LeagueAlbirex NiigataHome stadium.2002In (14)2002 FIFA World CupIt became the venue for the event, and three games were held, including the opening game on the Japanese side.Since thenJ League All Star SoccerAnd Japan national team games are held, and various events such as athletics and sports such as rugby are held in addition to soccer.
また2009Completed in (21)Niigata Prefectural Baseball Stadium(HARD OFF ECO Stadium Niigata) was completed after about 20 years of twists and turns from the construction concept.baseball Groundso,BC League-Niigata Albirex BCHolds home games once or twice a month.Also after the same yearProfessional baseballIn addition to the official game being held2010In (22)All star gamesRound 2 was held.The All-Star Game was held in a city on the Sea of Japan side of Honshu1996(8)ToyamaThe second place after.
Amateur sports team
- Grand Sena Niigata FC (サ ッ カ ー-Hokushinetsu Football League2)
- AS Jamineiro (Soccer / Hokushinetsu Football League 2nd Division)
- Vital Net Baseball Club (Adult baseball・Corporate team)
- JR Niigata Baseball Club(Adult baseball/corporate team)
- Niigata Commercial Club(Adult baseball/Club team）
- Niigata Kotsu Baseball Club(Adult baseball / corporate team * Dissolved in 1963)
- Hokuriku gasJapanese-style baseball club (worker baseball) and many others
- In Niigata City from before the warGrass baseballThe "early wake-up baseball tournament", which is held every year mainly in the old city area sponsored by the city, is one of the largest in Japan.This early-wake baseball originated from the spread of practice from early morning among grass baseball teams in the city in order not to interfere with work or school.1964In the wake of the Niigata earthquake (39), the government worked on the operation.1966The first tournament was held in (Showa 41), and 1 teams participated in it, which was also touted as a "symbol of reconstruction."Peak1981(Showa 56), 944 teams, about 19,000 people participated.This amounted to nearly 22% of the city's male population (about 1) at that time.In recent years, the number of teams has decreased to around 200, but according to data from the All Japan Early Bird Baseball Association, the number of participating teams is the highest among the 28 prefectures nationwide (18 cities where early rising baseball is not played). Except for Tokyo, where there is no data for the 23 wards).In addition, since there are baseball stadiums and grounds with lighting equipment in Kita Ward, Akiha Ward, Minami Ward, Nishikan Ward, etc., grass baseball tournaments in these administrative districts are held in a combination of early morning and night games. ing.Besides thishigh school baseball,Adult baseballSuch asAmateur baseballIs performed.
- Frisbee dog
- Niigata is the birthplace of Frisbee dogs in Japan.JFA Japan Football Association Is also based in the city, and many tournaments sponsored by the association are held.
Annual sports competition
- Niigata City Early Wake Baseball Tournament
- JABA Niigata Tournament
- Niigata City Marathon
- Niigata Road Race Tournament
- Niigata Hill Climb
- Niigata City Ride
Sports competitions held in the past
Niigata Stadium and Prefectural Baseball Stadium are located in Seigoro and Nagata, Chuo-kuNiigata Sports ParkIt is located in the garden of.The park will be held in the fall of 2009 (Heisei 21)National Athletic Meet"Tokimeki Niigata National Athletic Meet"WhenNational disabled sports meet"Tokimeki Niigata Tournament11 competitions were held in various parts of the city at the National Athletic Meet and the National Athletic Meet.
In addition to the prefectural baseball stadium mentioned above, in the city areaBaseballThere are 6 city-owned baseball stadiums that can be used in.Of these, the old city area is located in Meikeminami, Chuo-ku.Toriyano Sports Park Baseball FieldAnd Nishi-ku KobariNiigata City Kobari Baseball FieldThere are two stadiums, both of which are over 2 years old and are aging.In the city, as part of the merger construction plan of the incorporated city area, we are proceeding with a new baseball stadium maintenance project at two locations in Itai, Nishi-ku (Kurosaki district).Midori to Mori Athletic Park Baseball Field The2011From summer, Niigata City Shirane Baseball Stadium in Maki, Minami-ku (Shirone district)2013It has been in service since April.
Located in Shumoku, Chuo-kuNiigata City Ice Arena(Asahi Alex Ice Arena)2014(26)May 2Indoor type with links to international competition standards that opened inSkating rinkIs. In the 1980s, there were two skating rinks in the city at one time, but it was the only facility in Minamisasaguchi, Chuo-ku.Niigata Ice Link 2003Since it was closed in 15, it has been in the Shimoetsu region.ice skateAthletesKashiwazaki,Joetsu CityIn addition to the winter skating rink located in Tokyo, the situation has long been forced to visit facilities that are open all year round outside the prefecture in search of a practice environment during the off-season.In Niigata City, in response to requests from citizens and athletes, in the fall of 2011, in Shumoku, Chuo-kuNiigata City HospitalThe ice arena maintenance project was started with the city-owned land adjacent to the site as the construction site, and was completed in January 2014.The DBO method is used for the project, which entrusts the design, construction, completion and operation management of the facility to a private company.
Track and field / soccer field
- Niigata City Hoei Minami Sports Park (baseball field, indoor gateball field, multipurpose ground)
- Niigata City Hoei Budokan
- Higashi Ward
- Niigata City Chuchiku Undo Park (Garden Stadium / Gateball Stadium)
- Niigata City Garden Stadium (Tennis Garden Niigata)
- Niigata City West Coast Park (Youth Baseball Square)
- Niigata City Ice Arena(Niigata Asahi Alex Ice Arena)
- Konan ward
- Kameda Fureai Dome, Niigata City
- Niigata City Kawane Park Ground
- Niigata City Niitsu Budokan
- Niigata City Kosudo Jukuken Dojo
- Niitsu Clay Shooting Range
- Niitsu Country Club
- Nishikan Ward
- Niigata Golf Club
- Shooting range
- Yaichi Aizu(poet) --One of the first
- Kyusaku Ogino(Doctor, The place of birthAichiToyohashi）
- Takayoshi Sawada (Doctor)
- Duke Ellington, International Goodwill Honorary Citizen
Works set in Niigata City
Sing Kenki OwadaThe lyrics "Railway songIn the 4th Hokuriku edition, Niigata is sung with the number 5 divided.It seems to be related to the fact that the city on the Sea of Japan side was certified as one of the five designated ports to open under the Japan-US Treaty of Amity and Commerce and prospered greatly.When the song was written,Niigata StationDoes not exist,Numazuru StationWas the terminal here.
- 42.Maple is Niitsu Akihayama Sakura is Kameda Tsushinji Don't forget your baggage Umbrella bag
- 43.The bridge over the Shinano River is the name of Mandai, and the length is more than four hundred.
- 44.The other side of the river is Niigata City. If you look at the bridge that makes the water flow well, there are about XNUMX.
- 45.Hakusan Park in spring Plum cherry blossoms in one place Cool in summer Hiyoriyama Sea bream vine boat is also in front of you
- 46.The eaves of merchant houses are one of the five ports, and the eaves of merchant houses are a big city with tens of thousands of houses.
- Kigeki Hatsumou Train(1968) (Partly on location in Niigata City. Director:Masaharu Segawa.. starring:Kiyoshi Atsumi）
- Truck bastard Courageous Ichibanboshi (1977) (Director:Suzuki Norifumi.. Starring:Bunta Sugawara,Kinya Aikawa,Nagisa Katahira,Shinichi Chiba）
- Shinjuku Pure Love Story(1987) (Partly on location in Niigata City. Starring:Nakamura Toru）
- 藏(1995) (Ishimoto Sake BreweryLocation at <Koshinokanume Brewery>.Original:Tomio Miyao,starring:Isshiki Sae-Hiroki Matsukata・ Masaki Meguro (Nishina Masaki))
- blue(2003) (Mostly located in Niigata City. Original:Kiriko, Movie director:Hiroshi Ando,starring:Michiko Ichikawa-Manami Konishi）
- (2003) (Partly on location in Niigata City. Starring:Shinobu Terashima-Nao Omori）
- Love me(2005) (Full-length Niigata City location. Starring:Naomi Nishida）
- First love(2006) (Location in Niigata City. The setting is not Niigata. Starring:Miyazaki Aoi）
- Rough ROUGH(2006) (Location in Niigata City. The setting is not Niigata. Starring:Hayami Mokomichi-Masami Nagasawa）
- Sanjuro Tsubaki(2007) (Northern Culture MuseumOn location.The setting is unknown.starring:Yuji Oda）
- Infected islands(2009) (Niigata City HospitalLocation at the old hospital building.The setting is not Niigata.starring:Tsumabuki Satoshi-Rei Dan）
- A story of a pond (1986) (Author :. Publisher:Gospel building bookstore）
- Abu-san(1973) (Author:Mizushima Shinji..Publisher: Shogakukan)
- Every time (1980) (Author:Rumiko Takahashi..Publisher: Shogakukan) (The scene of the Bandai Exit of Niigata Station was confirmed in the episode of returning home with Kyoko in the hometown of the character Yuusaku Godai.)
- Yanagito Monogatari (2007) (Original: Ryo Kurashina Drawing: Issaku Wake. Publisher: Nihon Bungeisha)
- Gatchaman Crouse Insight(2015) (Some episodes are set in Niigata City.)
- Idol incident(2017) (The second half of the first episode is set in Niigata City, and one of the characters, Hoshina Natsutsuki's concertNiigata StationIt was held on a special stage at Bandai Exit. )
- ^ A water supply business organization consisting of 2 cities and 1 town, Niigata City, Shibata City, and Seiro Town.A total of four organizations, including Meiwa Kogyo, are participating as water receiving organizations in addition to the three local governments mentioned above.
- ^ A public interest incorporated foundation in which Niigata Prefecture owns 50% and basin municipalities own 50%.
- ^ It consists of 1 city and 1 town of Niigata City and Seiro Town.
- ^ It consists of two cities, Niigata City and Agano City.
- ^ "Urban design in central Niigata”. Niigata City. 2020/3/30Browse.
- ^ "Rokusai City”. Minami-ku, Niigata City. 2020/9/4Browse.
- ^ "p.12 Hometown in the early modern period". Niigata City Location Optimization PlanNiigata City. 2020/9/4Browse.
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ a b c (PDF) , Niigata City Finance Department Finance Division.
- ^ I want to go to the park Niigata City
- ^ Niigata City-Letter to the Mayor "Too Late Unification of Area Codes"
- ^ The 7th Akiha Ward Autonomous Council
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ Niigata City Policy Coordination Division-About the results of the telephone area code questionnaire
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ Niigata City Sewerage Medium-Term Vision pp.3-4 --Niigata City (Pamphlet published in March 2009)
- ^ "Data under the jurisdiction of Tourism Policy Division, Culture, Tourism and Sports Department, Niigata City". 2018/11/15Browse.
- ^ Niigata Prefectural History Committee 2010
- ^ Kadokawa place name 15
- ^ Image color of 8 wards(Niigata City Policy Planning DepartmentCity promotionPromotion Division)
- ^ "City of Choice Niigata City-Wiz Corona Post-Corona Era Town Development-”. Niigata City (March 2021). 2021/2/27Browse.
- ^ Niigata City Dori 2
- ^ "Document 1 Central city area related data collection". 21 Niigata City Machinaka Regeneration Headquarters Interim ReportNiigata City. 2021/2/27Browse.
- ^ Municipalities as seen in statistics 2018 B Natural Environment-Statistics Bureau
- ^ Okamura Osamu "Regional Differences in Regular Market Network in Niigata Prefecture-Through Analysis of Ichikake Behavior-Human Geography, Vol. 41, 1989, pp. 216-236, two:10.4200 / jjhg1948.41.216.
- ^ a b c d e Ayumi
- ^ The day when Niigata became a ghost town."Atomic bomb evacuation" ordered by the governor | HuffPost
- ^ Niigata Prefectural Office: Structural Reform Special Zone / Regional Revitalization in Niigata Prefecture: Special Zone / Regional Revitalization Plan in Niigata Prefecture
- ^ List of main financial indicators of local governments in 24, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications.
- ^ Niigata City Assembly September 17 Regular Meeting Plenary Session-September 9-09
- ^ End of 26 Niigata Prefecture Sewage Treatment Population Penetration Rate --Niigata Prefecture (Updated December 2015, 9) Retrieved July 17, 2016
- ^ Use of "digestion gas" Power generation facility operates --Niigata Nippo (Web version dated January 2013, 1) Retrieved February 29, 2
- ^ Kyoto City: Signing of "Kyoto City / Niigata City Tourism and Cultural Exchange Declaration"
- ^ "My Town Is the Best in Japan" New Discovery Compared to Municipalities, PHP Research Institute, page 28
- ^ 18 data, from Niigata City General Affairs Department "Niigata City Accounts"
- ^ a b "29 Niigata Prefecture Tourism Visitor Statistics p.42”. Niigata Prefecture. 2019/1/11Browse.
- ^ Minami Ward Tourism Pamphlet - Wayback machine(January 2019, 1 archive) --Niigata City Minami Ward Tourism Association
- ^ Niigata Ongei, p.987
- ^ Niigata 1998, p.70
- ^ a b Niigata 1998, p.69
- ^ a b c Niigata 1998, p.68
- ^ Traditional performing arts information North Kanto / Niigata regional cooperation axis
- ^ a b Niigata Ongei, p.149
- ^ Niigata Ongei, p.188
- ^ a b Niigata Ongei, p.101
- ^ Fujimura, p.150
- ^ a b c Niigata Ongei, p.381
- ^ Niigata Ongei, p.411
- ^ Niigata Ongei, p.413
- ^ Niigata Ongei, p.423
- ^ a b Niigata Ongei, p.415
- ^ Niigata Ongei, p.419
- ^ Niigata Ongei, p.45
- ^ a b Niigata Ongei, p.759
- ^ "Honorary citizenship in Niigata City" "Nikkei" December 25, 12, page 1
- Niigata Prefecture History Editorial Committee to Know "History of Niigata Prefecture to Know" Niigata Daily, March 2010.ISBN 978-4861323720.
- Kadokawa Japan Geographic Names Dictionary Compilation Committee "Kadokawa Japanese Place Name Dictionary 15 Niigata Prefecture" Kadokawa Shoten Co., Ltd., October 1989, 10.ISBN 4-04-001150-3.
- "History of Niigata City 2 Modern Period" Niigata City, January 1997, 1.
- "Ayumi of Niigata City (Pamphlet) Archived by WayBack Machine”. Niigata City (March 2007). 2013/11/11Browse.Revised in 2009
- "History of Music Entertainment in Niigata City" Niigata City Music Entertainment Association, November 1977, 11.
- Makoto Fujimura "Hanamachi in Niigata-The Story of Furumachi Geiko"Niigata DailyBusiness company, July 2011, 7.ISBN 978-4-86132-456-7.
- "Beautiful Niigata-Recap", Public Relations Division, General Affairs Department, General Affairs Bureau, Niigata City, March 1998.
- Niigata City Official Tourist Information Site Welcome to Niigata City --Niigata Tourism Convention Association
- How to enjoy Niigata City gap time
- Niigata Trip --Niigata metropolitan area