New brand "Shibata beef" is born!To overcome the predicament of the new Corona "Become a person who can attract people" [Niigata]
If you write the contents roughly
Why did you work on branding in Shibata City this time?
Demand for beef cattle is also sluggish due to the effects of the new coronavirus.Let's lead to increased consumption of prefectural Wagyu beef even in the midst of predicament ... → Continue reading
Niigata General Television
"NST Niigata General Television" (Fuji TV affiliate) news account. We will send you the latest news about Niigata Prefecture.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Shibata CityEchigo PlainIt is a core city in the northern part of Niigata prefecture, located in the northern part of Niigata prefecture.A white sandy beach facing the Sea of Japan extends to the northwestern part of the city, and to the eastern partMt. Iidesan,Mt. NinoujidakeYou can see the mountain from the city.Also in this areaKaji RiverPaddy fields that use water sources such as these are spreading, and are one of the best in the prefecture.Rice(Koshihikari Rice) Is also known as the production center.
Shibata Domain Ofcastle townThe city that prospered asShibata CastleThere are many historical buildings such as, and even now, the divisions and roads at the time of the castle town,Shibata RiverThe waterways such as are still in their former appearance.MeijiからPrewarOver timeMilitary capitalAs,After the warDeveloped as a commercial city in the northern part of the prefecture.ThatShowaThere are many buildings and townscapes such as the old public fresh fish market and each shopping street that retain the remnants of those days, and it is also a charming town.Against this background, the citizens of Shibata2004(Heisei16 years)Shibata CastleThere is a great deal of interest in preserving and maintaining the cityscape, including the restoration of the third-floor turret and Tatsumi turret, and the citizens themselves are enthusiastically working on it.
Shibata feudal lord in the city emblemMizoguchi familyThe family crest "Mizoguchi Ryo" (both Kasuri Ryo and Gokai Ryo) is used as it is.
NiigataCommuting rate is 16.6% (22 national census).
- Mountain: Ohitake, Kitamatadake,Mt. Ninoujidake, Mt. Omine (Mt. Kushigatayama vein),Yakemineyama
- River: Kaji River,Ochibori River,Shibata River
- Lake: Masugata
Adjacent local governments
- Mt. IidesanBecause the mountain trail on the ridgeline is Kitakata City, Fukushima Prefecture.
Area / city composition
The city area consists of a total of 11 districts, including the central main office district and 12 districts based on the former municipality that was incorporated after the war...In addition, the city planning master plan has 10 different regional settings..
The center of the main office district isShibata StationCantilever over 1km along the road extending west from the frontarcadeIs installed, and this street is virtuallymain StreetIt has become.Once along this streetDepartment store・ Although there were multiple large-scale commercial facilities, they were closed and relocated to the suburbs one after another around the 1990s, and hollowing out is progressing.On the other handNiigata BypassContinue fromNew field bypass,Shibata Minami BypassSuburban commercial facilities are opening one after another along the line,2005(17) OpenAEON MALL ShibataIs typical.In line with such developmentCity areaAlso spreads widely ( DID Area is1980(55) 5.50km2→2010(22) 9.49km2), Residential land development has continued inside these bypasses even in the 2010s..
SuchDonut phenomenonVarious efforts are being made as measures against, In January 2006Prefectural Niigata HospitalIs in front of the stationOkura SilkMoved to the site of the Shibata factory, and in 2016, the station-front complex facility centered on the libraryIkunes ShibataIn 2017, the new city hall with an open space "Yorines ShibataWas opened one after another.The city hall has been moved from the former samurai district on the north side to the former tradesman's district (currently the main street).
Shibata StationAn arcade that lasts more than 1 km from the front
Agano River-Shinano RiverThis area, which was opened up in the basin of the Middle AgesMr. SasakiSidelineMr. ShintaTakes over and flows through this landShibata RiverA castle was built in the basin of the city by making use of the water transportation.
Keicho3 years(1598), Was a vassal of the Toyotomi familyHidekatsu MizoguchiWas transferred to this area after gaining the territory of 6 stones, until the end of the Edo period.Shibata Domain TheMr. MizoguchiGoverned byShibata Castle Ofcastle townWill develop as..Characteristic towns such as samurai towns, tradesman towns, and temple towns were formed in the castle, and in the surrounding area, lowland cultivated land was promoted by the development of Nitta.
Meiji4May 7(1871May 8)ofAbandoned DomainShibata Prefecture was established in Japan, but soonNiigataTransferred to.1878(Meiji11 years)County, town and village organization lawIn the area north of the Agano River (Agakita area) The whole areaKitabamabara-gunThen, the county office was set up in Shibata Honmura, and Shibata developed as the center of the Agakita region.1873It was abandoned in (Meiji 6)Shibata CastleIn the ruins ofarmy Of16rd Infantry RegimentFrom the Meiji era to the end of the war, this town strengthened its character as a military town (this was even after the war).Japan Ground Self-Defense ForceShibata CampIt remains as, and continues to the present. ).
Origin of city name
There are various theories about the origin of "Shibata".
- The theory that the new rice field "newly developed rice field" was created by clearing the wasteland..In addition, as a reinforcement theory and background of this theory,Edo PeriodIn the middleShiunjigataNitta was developed, etc.GranaryDeveloped asHokuriku-TohokuThis is because it has a local history.
- The theory derived from the "state edge" that borders the lagoon
- AinuThe theory is derived from "Shibita," which means "where salmon can be picked."
- 隲 ｨ ｪThe theory derived from the company field "Suwata"[Source required]
The place name "Shibata" isEnjoyment3 years(1454)ofNakajo FusasukeRecord [Note 1]..Such,Muromachi PeriodSeen from. One of the speculations about the notation "Shibata" is that the local pronunciation of "Shibata" at that time was "Shinbatta" or a similar pronunciation, and the character "Shibata" was applied accordingly..
In addition, the accent in pronouncing "Shibata" is placed in "shi" in the standard language, but it may be placed in the second letter "ba" locally (this is).Shirone,swallow,新 井It is a pattern often seen in three-letter place names in the prefecture).
- 1875(Meiji 8) August: Sotojo Village, Koji Village, Blacksmith Uemachi, and Shitamachi merged,Ijimino VillageBecomes
- October 1875 (Meiji 8): Matsuoka Village and Matsuoka Nitta merged,Matsuoka VillageBecomes
- 1876(Meiji 9) August: Due to mergerTakitani VillageとJinai VillageWas launched.
|Takitani Village||Takitani Village, Jobanoka Nitta|
|Jinai Village||Shimodate Shinmura, Shimoderauchimura|
- 1877(Meiji 10) November: Uramura NittaUramuraBecomes
- 1886(Meiji 19) February: Sunayama Village and Iijima Nitta Jijo merged,Sand mountain villageBecomes
- April 1886 (Meiji 19): Ura Nitta and Akahashi merged,UrashindenBecomes
- 1887(Meiji 20) March: Kaminaka Yamamura and Nakai Nitta merged,Kaminakayama VillageBecomes
- 1889March:Municipal systemByShibatahon VillageとShibata TownIs born
|Shibatahon Village||Ninomaru, Furumaru, Sotogawa, Sotogawa Ura, Sannomaru, Kakekura, Nanakencho, Hachikencho, Hachikencho Ura, Gomencho, Teramachi, Teramachi Ura, Bamboo Town, Babacho, Doshincho, Ko Kadomachi, Katadacho, Dwarf Town, Nishi Tsukiji, Shimo Teppocho, Tanimachi, Nishigawa, Uramachi, Onouecho, Tsukiji, Nakasone, Katamachi, Fukurocho, New Tsukiji, Shimosugi Nawate|
|Shibata Town||Higashimachi, Izumicho, Suwacho, Asahicho, Teppocho, Manmachi, Uemachi, Nakamachi, Shitamachi, Sashimonocho, Fuyacho, Okemachi, Timber Town, Konyacho, Craftsman Town, Shitamachi, Jizodocho, Shindo, Hirokoji, Kamitetsuguncho, Shimizudani, Tadokorocho, Sashimonocho|
|Torigoya Village||Iijima Shinden, Ota Nitta, Shimokonomura, Torianamura, Sunayamamura|
|Arakawa||Arakawa Village, Kaminakayama Village|
|Ijimino Village||Ijimino Village, Kanaya Village|
|Naidake Village||Kamishinbo Village, Shimoshinbo Village, Kodera Village, Eguchi Village, Ueuchi Takemura, Shimouchi Takemura, Yushu Village, Omi Village, Yamazaki Village|
|Matsuura Village||Otomo Village, Urashinden, Matsuoka Village, Osaki Village, Yawata Village, Yawatashinden, Urashinden, Hoshobashi Village, Muikamachi Nitta, Kokai|
|Yonekura Village||Yonekura Village, Yamauchi Village, Nakayama Village|
|Akadani Village||Kamia Akadani Village, Takitani Village|
|Nakai Village||Arai Tamura, Nakata Village, Kobune Watari Village, Nagahata Village, Nakatani Uchimura, Nakatani Uchishinden, Kuwanokuchi Village, Doga Village|
|Shimazuka Village||Higashizuka Nome Village, Nishizuka Nome Village, Itashiki Village, Shimagata Village, Nishinagara Village|
|Saruhashi Village||Saruhashi Village, Funari Nitta, Tomitsuka Village, Yukoshi Village, Okuyama Shinbo Village, Nakasone Village|
|Omiya Village||Otomo Village, Oto Village, Miyako Ki Village|
|Itazu Village||Itayama Village, Kami Hazu Village, Shimo Hazu Village|
|Ishida||Shimotakaoka Village, Tsuruga Village, Okada Village, Nishihimeda Village, Ishiki Shinmura|
|Kusugawa Village||Shimokusugawa Village, Minami Shield Shinmura, Higashihimeda Village, Tagai Village, Toramaru Village, Kamikusugawa Village, Kamisanko Village, Shimosanko Village|
|Kuramitsu Village||Kamiishikawa Village, Nakagawa Shinmura, Shimonakae Village, Takimura, Kuramitsu Village, Kitanakae Shinmura, Nakatsuma Shinmura, Shimonakae Shinmura, Nakakura Village, Fumoto Village, Higashimiyauchi Village, Nakatsuma Village, Kuroiwa Village|
|Sugatani Village||Sugaya Village, Shigeyama Nitta, Koide Village, Jinai Village, Jinai Village, Yokoyama Village, Arasawa Village, Kumaide Village, Mizoashi Village, Shimonakayama Village, Maruichi Nitta|
- 1890(Meiji 23) March 3: Kusugawa VillageTakenomata VillageChanged the name to.
- 1901(Meiji 34) November 11: Shibata Motomura and Shibata Town merged,Shibata TownLaunched
|Konuma Village||Nakai Village, Shimazuka Village|
|Ijimino Village||Ijimino Village, Naidake Village|
|Kawahigashi Village||Omiya Village, Itazu Village, Ishida Village, Takenomata Village|
|Sugatani Village||Sugaya Village, Kuramitsu Village|
|Matsuura Village||Matsuura Village, Arakawa Village|
|Sasaki village||Sasaki Village, Minoshima Village, Torigoya Village|
|Shibata Town||Shibata Motomura, Shibata Town|
- 1940(15) February:Konuma VillageIncorporate
- 1943(18) February:Saruhashi VillageIncorporate
- 1947(Showa 22) April 1:Kitabamabara-gunShibata TownMunicipal systemEnforced and became Shibata City (in the prefecture)Niigata,Nagaoka,Takada,Sanjo City,Kashiwazaki6th)
- 1955(30) March: Incorporated Ijimino Village, Kawahigashi Village, Sugatani Village, Matsuura Village, Yonekura Village, and Akadani Village in Kitakanbara District.
- 1956(Showa 31) March: Kitakanbara-gunKajikawa VillagePart of
- 2003(Heisei15 years) July 7: Kitakanbara-gunToyoura TownIncorporated.With a population of over 9, it will temporarily become the fourth most populous municipality in the prefecture (before this).Kashiwazaki,Sanjo CityNext to the 6th).
- 2005(17) May 5: Kitakanbara-gunShiunji Town, Incorporated Kajikawa Village.The population exceeds 10.However, in terms of population size, it will be the fifth largest in the prefecture after Sanjo City, which was newly merged on the same day.
- 2017(29) January 1: Moved the city hall main government building from Chuomachi 4-chome to Chuomachi 4-chome.
Great Heisei merger
2003May 7,Kitabamabara-gunToyoura Town,2005May 5, Kitakanbara-gunShiunji Town,Kajikawa VillageWas incorporated and merged.The area after the merger is 532.82km2, Total population 106,834 (July 2003, 7)Basic Resident RegisterFrom).Before the Great Heisei Consolidation, the city was behind the scenes due to the later enforcement of the city system than Kashiwazaki City and Sanjo City, which are cities of the same size in the prefecture, and the population was the sixth largest in the prefecture, but the population has increased due to the merger. Beyond Kashiwazaki City, it has the fifth largest population in the prefecture.afterwards,2007May 4It has overtaken Sanjo City in its statistics and currently has the fourth largest population.
- 1966(Showa 41) July 7- Shimoetsu flood damageThe Kaji River and its tributaries broke.
- 1967(Showa 42) July 8- Heavy rainThe part where the Kaji River embankment broke in the previous year collapsed again.
|Population distribution by age in Shibata City and the whole country (2005)||Population distribution by age and gender in Shibata City (2005)|
■Green-All over Japan
Changes in the population of Shibata City (corresponding area)
|Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsStatistics Bureau CensusThan|
See the following site for the latest estimated population.
- Kaoru Nikaido(August 2010, 12, 1th term)
- Yoshitada Katayama (former mayor, 1998rd term from December 12, 1)
In the surrounding areaEchigo Plain OfRice cultivationAgricultural area centering on is spreading.Against this background, food-related industries and brewing companies are conspicuous in terms of industry.Also,castle townでtea ceremonyMaybe because of the tradition ofJapanese sweetsThere are many businesses.
Workplaces for women in winter farms and people from the cityKihachiro Okura OfOkura ZaibatsuThere were many textile industries, especially garment factories, due to the existence of the Okura Silk Mill Shibata Factory, but the number has been decreasing in recent years due to the outflow of work overseas.
In the dunesOil resource developmentThere is a Shiunji gas field inNatural gasAlso has the role of underground storage..In addition, Route 7New field bypassOil was mined along the railway line until the 2000s (Niigata Oil Shibata Mine).
Main companies in the city
- Purchase and sale of second-hand goodsChain store,Hard Off CorporationHeadquarters location
- SakeSake brewery,Kikusui Sake Brewery,Ichijima Sake Brewery, Kinmasu Sake Brewery, Fujinoi Sake Brewery Headquarters Location
- Letterpress printingNiigata Factory
- KyoceraNiigata Shibata Factory
- BourbonShibata Factory
- Sato foodsShibata Factory
- Sanko ConfectioneryShibata Factory
- Uoroku Supermarket, (currently headquartered in Niigata City)
- , Tank manufacturer,3rd Year Class B Kinpachi-senseiKato Yu's model company and person
- Matsuzuka fishing port
Sister cities/partner cities
- Kaga City(Ishikawa）
- Friendship City Alliance (* Friendship City Alliance on November 1991, 11): After Toyotomi Hideyoshi settled in the world, he was a vassal of Hideyoshi in 8 and was the lord of Kaga Daishoji Castle (1583 stones).Hidekatsu MizoguchiIs placed in Shibata, Echigo (6 stones).
- Sister city tie-up: In the Edo period, Takemae Gonbei from Yonako, Suzaka City, and his younger brother Kohachiro were involved in the reclamation work of Shiunjigata, so on June 60, 6, at that time.Shiunji TownAnd sister city tie-up.Even after Shiunji Town was incorporated into Shibata City on May 17, 5, exchanges throughout the city, including Yonago and Yonago Towns in both cities, have continued actively.
- Uijeongbu City(Uijeongbu City) (South Korea）
- Friendship City Alliance
- (The United States of America Iowa）
- Sister city tie-up
- (United States of America Missouri）
- Sister city tie-up
Junior high school
- Niigata Prefectural Takemata Support School
- Niigata Prefectural Takemata Special Needs School Ijimino Branch School
Facilities other than school education
- Niigata attached to Hokuriku Vocational Ability Development CollegeVocational Development Junior College
Facilities / life
- Niigata Shibata Hospital
- Toyoura Hospital
- Shibata Citizens' Cultural Center
- Shibata Culture Center
- Ikunes Shibata
- Shibata City Historical Library
- Shibata City Ijimino Park Baseball Field
- Shibata City Ijimino Park Athletics Stadium(Green Stadium Shibata)
- NINOX SNOW PARK(Ninox)
- Kajigawachisui Dam(Kaji RiverWater system Kaji River.Japan's largestFlood control dam..Niigata Prefecture Management)
- Kajigawa Dam (Kajigawa river system Kajigawa.Dedicated dam for hydroelectric power generation.Tohoku Electric Powermanagement)
- Uchinokura Dam(Kurakawa in the Kaji River system.Multipurpose damIn Shibata City, the water tank.Niigata Prefecture Management)
- Tohoku Electric Power(Electricity)
- (City Gas)
Administrative facilities, etc.
- Shibata Area Wide Area Office AssociationFire Department
- City facilities
- Toyoura Government Building
- Kajigawa Government Building
- Shiunji branch
- Prefecture agency
- Shibata Regional Promotion Bureau
- National agency
- Niigata Prosecutor's OfficeShibata branch office
- Niigata District Legal Affairs BureauShibata branch office
- ShibataTax office
- Niigata Labor BureauShibata Labor Standards Inspection Office
- Kanto Forest Management BureauShimoetsu Forest Management Office
- Conventional line
Shibata Station, the central station, is a station where the JR Uetsu Main Line and the Hakushin Line meet.There are seven stations in the city.
- Railway lines and stations in Shibata city
- Waste line
Long time agoNational railwayAkaya LineIs Shibata Station ~Higashi-Akatani StationThere was a gap,1984All lines have been abolished.Also, from Higashi-Akatani StationNittetsu Mining Akaya Mining Co., Ltd. dedicated railwayAlso existed.
- Express Bus
Izumi Kanko BusOperates a route to Tokyo.
- General route bus
- Niigata Transportation Bus Shibata Sales Office
- Shibata City Community Bus・ Ayame Bus ・ Kawahigashi Community Bus
- demandShared taxi"Matsuura"
- Seiro Eco Mini Bus
- General national road
- General national highways running in the city (* excluding routes that overlap)
- Niigata Prefectural Road No. 3 Niigata New Tamurakami Line
- Niigata Prefectural Road No. 14 Shibata Tsugawa Line
- Niigata Prefectural Road No. 21 Niigata Shiunji Line
- Niigata Prefectural Road No. 26 Niigata Hoei Line
- Niigata Prefectural Road No. 32 Shibata Stop Line
- Niigata Prefectural Road No. 54 Nakajo Shiunji Line
- Niigata Prefectural Road No. 60 Sumiyoshi Jokan Line
Sights/historic sites/tourist spots
- Shibata Castle(The front gate and the old Ninomaru corner turret are nationalImportant cultural property）
- Shibata Domain Shimizuen(National scenic spot) ・Ashigara Nagaya(Important national cultural property)
- Ishiizumiso(Ishizaki House)
- Ichijima Sake Brewery
- 隲 ｨ ｪ
- Temples on Teramachi Street (Hokkoji Temple,Fukushoji TempleSuch)
- Chotoku Temple
- Fukiya Koji Memorial Hall
- Shibata Catholic Church(Antonin Raymonddesign)
- Ijimino Ochaya(National scenic spot,Top 100 historical parks in Japan）
- Isokono Park
- Raikoji Temple
- Former Prefectural Governor's Public Building Memorial Hall
Former Toyoura Town
- Kikusui Sake Brewery
- Niigata Prefectural Shiunji Memorial Park
- Fujitsukahama beach
- Odomo Inari
- Kankokuji Temple(Sugatani Fudoson)
- Mt. Kushigatayama vein
- Kohei Sakura Forest (NationalNatural treasure）
- Uchinokura Dam
- Yunohira hot spring
Festivals and events
- Castle Town Shibata National Zoni Battle(Early January, Venue: Shibata Castle Ruins Park)
- Akaya Dontsuki Festival (late February)
- Tsukioka Onsen Dondo Festival (late February)
- Shibata Spring Festival (April, venue: Shibata Castle Ruins Park)
- Koshisa Invitation Festival (May 5 and 3)
- Isokono ParkAyame Festival (mid-June to early July)
- Fujitsukahama Maritime Fireworks Festival (Mid August)
- Castle Town Shibata Furusato Festival (August 8-27) (About "Return Daiwa" which is the main part of the festival）
- Uchinokura Dam / Embankment Internal Concert (May)
- Gishisai (December 12th)
Works set in Shibata City
- Autobiography (Sakae Osugi,Saturday company, 2011)
- Dew Tamagaki (Yuzaburo Otogawa）
- Horibe Yasubee (Shotaro Ikenami）
- Betrayal-Tatsuya Nakajima falls to Niigata Port (Kinya Nakajima)
- New Snow Country (Tsukioka OnsenIs on location)
- Strobe edge(Shibata High SchoolIs on location)
- Miss Moonlight (2017, location in Shibata City)
- Aoyama cedar(Actor, director oldShiunji TownFrom)
- Seiichi Ii(Attorney / politician)
- Mizumo Ikarashi(Singer-songwriter)
- Hisasuke Inoue(Shibata Domain)
- Kihachiro Okura(Businessman）
- Tokujiro Ichishima(Landowner,Daishi BankFounder, member of the House of Lords)
- Yomochi Otake(The owner of Nakanoshima Village, Shibata Domain, Yoshimin)
- Kento Kasahara(Actor. Appeared in a PR movie of the city in 2019)
- Keiko Kashima(Mezzo-soprano alto singer)
- Takahiro Kato(Actor)
- Kokichi Kizu(photographer)
- Kiryu Aso(actress)
- Kotaro Kume(Shibata Domain)
- Makie Koyanagi(政治家 Formerly from Kawahigashi-mura, Kitakanbara-gun)
- Miwa Sasagawa(singer, OldShiunji TownFrom)
- Tsuyoshi Sasaki(Actor,Kamen Rider No. 2Role)
- Kazusaburo Sato(Gambler）
- Sanshotei Yumemaru (2nd generation)(Rakugo)
- Masamichi Shigeno(Composer)
- Tsunasada Nitta(Warlord of the Warring States period)
- Shibata Naganori(Sengoku, military commander of the Azuchi-Momoyama period)
- Shibata Shigeya(Sengoku, military commander of the Azuchi-Momoyama period)
- Masaki Suematsu(Western painter)
- Sugiyama Yoshinori(Screenwriter)
- Naoyuki Suzuki(graphic designer)
- Junko Takazawa(actress)
- Makiko Takada(singer)
- Hiroshi Takahashi(Tokyo Metropolitan University(President)
- Mitsutake Takahashi(politician)
- Keiko Takayama(OriginalNiigata General Televisionannouncer,TV Ehimeannouncer）
- Taguchi Unzo(Communist)
- Takamiya Tamiya(New Left Activist)
- Princess Toko(Imperial family)
- Kanpei Tsubokawa(Businessman / philanthropist)
- Yuki Togashi(Basketball player)
- Sei Yuki(manga artist)
- Kyoko Square(OriginalFukushima Broadcastingannouncer,Free sizeannouncer）
- Ryoji Butoya(画家）
- Takeshi Horibe(Ako RoushiA member. "Takadanobaba duel"famous for)
- Yoshio Matsushita(Socialist, military historian)
- Ikuya Mato(Rugby player)
- Kunihiko Mitamura(Actor)
- Shinichiro Minagawa(Businessman) Chairman and CEO of B's International
- Heizaburo Yamakawa(Italian literary and translator)
- Toyoyama Katsuo(Sumo wrestler)
- Hiromitsu Toyoyama(Sumo wrestler)
- Kozo Watanabe(Politician, oldShiunji TownFrom)
- Sakae Watanabe(Japan Central Horse RacingJockey-Trainer..Former Kitakanbara DistrictHonda villageFrom)
Person with connection
- Kenkichi Ichishima(Politician): Born in Suwon, Kubiki-gun, Echigo Province.A person from the former Australian farmer Ichishima family.
- Hitoshi Imamura(Army general): A graduate of the old system Shibata Junior High School (currently Shibata High School).
- Sakae Osugi(thinker): I am in Shibata as a boy (see "Self-Episode").
- Minako Ohba(Novelist): Enrolled in Shibata Girls' School (currently Nishishibata High School) for a while.
- Hisashi Owada(Empress MasakoFather): The place of birth is Shibata.
- Ken Kato(Professional baseball player):SeiromachiFrom,Shibata AgricultureBorn in the baseball club.
- Kato(Haiku): Spent in Shibata as a boy.
- Juro Goto(Army soldier): Born in Yamagata prefecture.1935, Inaugurated as the 16th Regiment Commander of the Shibata Infantry.
- Toshiro Konoe(Actor):NagaokaFrom,16th Regiment of Shibata InfantryEnlisted in.
- Tomiji Koyanagi(Japanese Navy soldier): Former Toyosaka City (currentlyNiigataBorn in Kita-ku.Graduated from Shibata Junior High School under the old system.
- Toru Sasaki(singer):Dark dachsMembers of.Spend 9 years in elementary and junior high school in Shibata.
- Sasaki Moritsuna(A military commander from the end of the Heian period to the beginning of the Kamakura period) He is a priest in the Shibata area.
- Tetsuzo Sato(Painter): FromNagaokaHowever, he spent most of his life in Shibata.
- Kazuyuki Sekiguchi(Musician): OldSuwon Town(CurrentAgano City) From.A graduate of Shibata High School.
- Shuzan Takahashi(Judoka): Born in Akita Prefecture, a leader who led to national domination when he was assigned to the old system, Shibata Junior High School.
- Seiki Nose(Judoka): OldKyogase VillageBorn (currently Agano City).A graduate of Shibata High School.
- Kisaburo Hamamoto(Army soldier): Born in Kyoto Prefecture.1931, Inaugurated as the 16th Regiment Commander of the Shibata Infantry.
- Hisaichiro Hara(Russian literary person): Born in the former Suwon town.Graduated from Shibata Junior High School under the old system.
- Masaharu Honma(Army soldier): OldHatano Town(CurrentSado City) From.Ensign of the Army Infantry, attached to the 16th Regiment of Shibata Infantry.
- Hidekatsu Mizoguchi(Daming): First generationShibata DomainThe feudal lord.OwariMizoguchi, Nakashima-gun (currentlyAichiInazawa) From.
- Shigezaburo Miyazaki(armysoldier):GifuFrom,16th Regiment of Shibata InfantryAs a captainNomonhan caseParticipated in.
- Sachiko Murakami(Enka singer): OldArakawa Town(CurrentMurakami City) From.Graduated from Shibata Central High School.
- Tatsuaki Yasuda(High school baseball coach): Sado-gun (currentlySado City) From.Former Shibata Agricultural High School baseball manager.
- Shigeki Miyazaki(International law scholar)Meiji UniversityFormer president
- Nobuko Yoshiya(Novelist): Spent in Shibata as a girl.
- Yoshio Watanabe(OriginalMinister of Health): Former Niigata 2nd district electionHouse of RepresentativesCongressman.Old system Shibata junior high school graduate.
- Kara sushi
- Shibata Fu ("Manju Fu" is Niigata PrefectureShimoetsu districtUnique shapewheat bran）
- Local sake(For the brewery in Shibata, see above#Major companies in the citySee column)
- Steam pan
- Japanese sweets("Eggplant sweets" etc.)
- Ekiben (Shibata Sanshinken (Sanshinken), Current location is Niigata City)
- Shibata Circus
Before the war, "Shibata" was abbreviated as "ShibataAt that time, the description "Shibata" was widely used in newspaper reports.Due to its remnants, many elderly people still use the abbreviation "Shibata" as an example.Shibata Station"Shibata Station",Shibata High School"Shibataka",Shibata Agricultural High School(As an example that can still be seen today, the lyrics of "Akaya Line Railroad Song" are displayed in the Akaya Line corner of the "Niitsu Railway Museum" near Niitsu Station. "A whistle voice" in itShibata Station Haya, my train is away. ")
Newspapers, television, and other media in the prefecture followed this convention until the mid-1980s (especially "turf farming" was often used because the school had a good track record in sports, etc.). As a result, questions were asked, "What is it like to abbreviate a place name using characters that do not exist in the original place name?", So these descriptions were gradually eliminated.
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ City mass, p.62
- ^ Location, pp.24
- ^ Location, pp.20-21
- ^ Location, pp.22-23
- ^ Urban area, p75
- ^ "No.001 Hidekatsu Mizoguchi”. Shibata City. 2018th of February 4Browse.
- ^ "(PDF)”. Shibata City. 2018th of February 4Browse.
- ^ a b c d Kakugawa Japanese Place Name Dictionary 15
- ^ Niigata place name
- ^ "May 5th (Monday) Nice day at Niigata dialect today!". Takeyasu Kondo's Exclusive Gokigen Hour Niigata Ben that can be used right now by Podcast. BSN Niigata Broadcasting (September 2012, 5). 2020th of February 5Browse.
- ^ Repeated damage to the Kaji River, the same place as last year "Asahi Shimbun" August 42, 8 Morning edition 29th edition, page 12
- ^ About Shibata Tea Ceremony and Japanese Sweets --Shibata Town Development Promotion Corporation --Archive by WayBack Machine
- ^ "(PDF) "Public Relations Shibata" No. 1499, Shibata City, September 2019, 9, pp. 2-4.
- ^ "Current status and issues of underground natural gas storage". 30th Comprehensive Resources and Energy Study Group Basic Policy Subcommittee Gas System Reform Subcommittee. Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry-Oil resource development. 2020th of February 10Browse.
- ^ "Gas from a dormant oil well, oil Niigata / Shibata"Sankei Shimbun. (July 2017, 3)
- ^ "Akaya district welfare activity plan pp.1-4 Community message board". Community-based welfare activity plan. Shibata City Council of Social Welfare. 2020th of February 11Browse.
- ^ Yasuya Shimosaka, Takeo Wada, Togo Kameyama, Shozo Takahashi, Yoshio Ogura "B24 About clay minerals from Akaya Mine, Niigata Prefecture"Abstracts of the 43rd Clay Science Conference, 1999, pp. 122-123," two:10.11362 / cssj2.43.0_122.
- ^ Matsuzuka fishing port --Shibata City. Retrieved February 2019, 2.
- ^ History of fishing ports and villages in Niigata -Niigata Prefecture Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Department, Fishing Port Division. Retrieved March 2019, 2.
- ^ "(PDF) "Public Relations Shibata" No. 1503, Shibata City, September 2019, 11, pp. 1-4.
- ^ Movie "Miss Moonlight" Official Homepage Retrieved November 2020, 5.
- Kadokawa Japan Geographic Names Dictionary Compilation Committee "Kadokawa Japanese Place Name Dictionary 15 Niigata Prefecture" Kadokawa Shoten Co., Ltd., October 1989, 10.ISBN 4-04-001150-3.
- Isao Hasegawa "Niigata Place Names" Niigata Daily, June 2015, 6.ISBN 978-4861326011.
- "Basic concept for facilitating movement of Shibata City”. Shibata City (December 2009). 2018th of February 12Browse.
- "Shibata City Central City Revitalization Basic Plan”. Shibata City (December 2014). 2018th of February 12Browse.
- "Shibata City City Planning Master Plan”. Shibata City (December 2017). 2018th of February 12Browse.
- "Shibata City Location Optimization Plan”. Shibata City (December 2017). 2018th of February 12Browse.
- Official website
- Shibata City Public Relations (@shibata_kouhou)- Twitter
- Shibata City Public Relations - Facebook
- Shibata City / Shiunji Town / Kajikawa Village Merger Council
- Shibata City Tourism Association
- Shibata Area Wide Area Office Association: Wide Area Tourism Guide "Sansaku Kita Echigo"
- Shiunji Chamber of Commerce
- Toyoura Chamber of Commerce
- Shibata CityGeographic data related to- Open street map
- Map - Google map
- Immigration history