New coronavirus XNUMX infected people in Saitama prefecture on the XNUMXth
If you write the contents roughly
According to Saitama City, a man in his twenties in the restaurant business who lives in the city enjoyed barbecue outdoors with six or seven friends late last month.
On the XNUMXth, XNUMX new coronavirus infections were confirmed in Saitama prefecture.According to Saitama City, the city ... → Continue reading
Saitama Prefecture's TV station, "Tele-Tama, which is good for you," delivers "news that is good for you," such as daily incidents, accidents, and topics of the town.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
2001(Heisei13 years)May 5ToUrawa-Omiya city-Yono CityOf 3 citiesmergerWas newly established by2003(15)May 4Moved to a government-designated city.afterwards,2005(17) Adjacent to the east on April 4IwatsukiBecame the current city area.100 million citiesIs one of the9th population in Japanese cityExceeds the total population of 18 prefectures.
Saitama CityKanto regionLocated in the center ofGovernment-designated cityOnly inInland prefectureLocated in.埼玉県内においては南部東寄りに位置するが、県内で用いられる地域区分では「中央地域」に区分されることが多いAlthough it is located in the eastern part of the southern part of Saitama prefecture, it is often classified as a "central area" in the area classification used in the prefecture.[Annotation 2].. Also in JapancapitalIsTokyoIt is about 20 kilometers north of the city center of横 浜 市,ChibaCompared to Tokyo, it is the closest city to Tokyo as a city where the prefectural office is located.
As a Japanese government-designated cityKawasaki City,Sakai CityWhile it is the third narrowest after, it is the third municipality in Saitama prefecture.Chichibu CityIt is the second widest after.In addition, the number of adjacent municipalities is also the second largest after Chichibu City (2 municipalities) (15 cities).
First in Japan's ordinance-designated cities and prefectural capitalsHiragana cityAnd is still the only example.For this reason, it is the most populous city in the Hiragana notation.[Annotation 3]..In addition, the number of characters is the largest (4 characters) in the locations of Japanese prefectures.[Annotation 4].
Kanto PlainIn Saitama City, which is located in the central part ofMountain-hillsThere is no place that can be said, the whole areaplateauandLowlandConsists of.全域にわたって標高が低く、最も低い地点でAt the lowest point, the altitude is low throughoutAbove sea level1.1 m(Sakura kuLarge printShimookubo), 20.5 m above sea level even at the highest point (Iwatsuki kuLarge letters)..市の西境あるいはその近くにNear or near the western border of the cityArakawa[Annotation 5]To the eastMotoarakawaHowever, they flow from northwest to southeast, and are located on the west, south, and east sides of the city near these rivers.LowlandSurrounded by.一方、市の北西側から南東に向かって、主にOn the other hand, from the northwest side of the city to the southeast, mainlyKanto loam layerFormed byOmiya plateauIs growing and runs through the central part of the city.この台地の中にもAlso in this plateauKoonuma River,Shibakawa,Ayase RiverSmall and medium-sized rivers such as are flowing.このような中小河川に沿ってAlong such small and medium-sized riversValley bottom plain,Alluvial plainThe plateau is divided into several "abutments" due to the formation of lowlands such as.これらの低地にはIn these lowlandsMinuma,KonumaAnd so on,Edo PeriodIt was reclaimed in.
- First-class river : Arakawa-Binnuma River(Old Arakawa) ・Shibakawa-Kamogawa-Ayase River-Koonuma River-Den Ugawa-Sasame River-Motoarakawa-Fujiemon RiverSuch.For other rivers, see the articles in each ward.
- Lake: Sai Lake-Bessho marsh-Shirahatanuma-Fukasaku swamp-Sakuragi control pond-Konuma(Disappearance) ・Minuma(Disappearance)
The center of politics and administrationUrawa-ku(Urawa StationPeripheral), the center of economy, commerce and transportationOmiya W(Omiya StationPeripheral).Saitama City, which is located within a 20km-35km area from central Tokyo,Tokyo metropolitan areaInSatellite city-Bed townIt is a city with a strong character as a city.2010The day / night population ratio is 92.8, which is less than 100 even though it is the prefectural capital and ordinance-designated city (the area in the southeastern part of Saitama Prefecture is Tokyo).SuburbFormer Urawa city area (former Urawa city area) near central TokyoUrawa area), Especially the day and night population ratio tends to be low)..Resident in the cityCommuting-Commuting to school74 people, which is 7000% of the 23.5 peopleTokyo Special WardCommuting to work or school, so-calledSaitama citizensThere are many.On the other hand1988Former Urawa City and Former Omiya CityBusiness nuclear citySpecified to2000ToSaitama ShintoshinOpens the streets of each central government officeLocal branch officeIs moving from Tokyo, and the concentration of business functions is progressing.
Saitama City, which is located in the northern suburbs of Tokyo, tends to have a higher population density in the southern part of the city, which is closer to Tokyo, than in the northern part of the city.これに加えて、東京都心部に直結するIn addition to this, it is directly connected to central TokyoKeihin Tohoku Line,Utsunomiya Line,Takasaki Line,Saikyo LineThe population tends to be concentrated along the railway lines, and both conditions overlap.South wardからUrawa-ku,Chuo-ku20,000 people / km2Areas with high population density above are connected.
The concentration of urban functions such as administration, commerce, and businessUrawa Station,Omiya Station,Saitama Shintoshin StationThese are prominent around major stations such as the former Urawa City and the former Omiya City era.City center(The center of the former Yono city isYonohonmachi Station).Former Omiya city areaRailway town-Commercial cityDeveloped as, especially Omiya station is allShinkansenStops and is one of the best in the Greater Tokyo AreaDowntown-Terminal stationOn the other hand, the former Urawa city area has become a political and administrative center such as prefectural and municipal governments.Urawa StationIt has been a downtown area before.AlsoUrawa area TheSaitama University,Saitama Prefectural Urawa High SchoolPreparatory schools such asEducation districtAndLuxury residential areaAlso known as.OtherTobu Noda Line (Tobu Urban Park Line) OfIwatsuki StationThe central city area of the former Iwatsuki City is also formed in the surrounding area.
Most of the present Saitama city areaEdo PeriodThe farmland had spread to1923 OfGreat Kanto Earthquake,1940 eraFirst halfPacific WarWith such an opportunityTokyoDue to the large-scale influx of population from such sources, residential land conversion has begun in earnest.このような宅地化は、まず中心市街地に近い台地上の鉄道駅付近、すなわちThis kind of residential land conversion is first done near the railway station on the plateau near the city center, that is,Urawa StationからOmiya StationIt preceded along the Utsunomiya Line and Keihin Tohoku Line.Since the centers of Urawa City, Omiya City, and Yono City were close to each other in such areas, the integration of the urban areas proceeded early.CensusFirst time inDensely Inhabited District (DID) Was defined1960At that time, the densely populated areas of these three cities were already continuous.On the other hand, as of 3,蕨 市,Kawaguchi city,Ageo CityIt was not continuous with the densely populated areas of other cities, towns and villages.
After that, the effects of large-scale population influx into the metropolitan area and suburbanization became even stronger, and the urbanization of the present Saitama city area progressed rapidly.Along the railway line, not only the densely populated areas of Saitama City and other cities and the densely populated areas of Tokyo have become continuous, but also residential land has expanded to lowlands and places away from railway stations. ,Iwatsuki StationThe surrounding city area has also expanded. 2015年時点で、10区のうちAs of XNUMX, out of XNUMX wardsKita,Omiya W,Chuo-ku,Urawa-ku,South wardIn the 5 wards of, almost the entire area of the ward is incorporated into the densely populated area.
However, there are still relatively large-scale agricultural lands far from the railway station, and small-scale agricultural lands are scattered in the residential areas ("Sprawl phenomenon). AlsoMeiji EraRepeatedly洪水Vast as a hydraulic control measure triggered byRiverbedIs providedArakawaSurrounding (Nishi-ward-Sakura ku),FarmlandWas preserved asMinuma rice fieldSurrounding (Kita-Omiya W-Minami-ku-Urawa-ku-Green District), Development is severely restricted, and there are some areas with almost no population.Iwatsuki kuFlows near the boundary between Minuma Ward and Midori WardAyase RiverThere is a lot of farmland on both banks, and the city area is interrupted here.As a result, the densely populated districts of Saitama City are almost integrated in the nine wards other than Iwatsuki Ward, while the densely populated districts of Iwatsuki Ward and the other wards are not continuous.岩槻区の人口集中地区は、東側に位置するIwatsuki Ward's densely populated area is located on the east sideKasukabeIt borders the densely populated area of.
Of residential areas in the cityOfficial land priceThe top 1st to 5th places are located in Urawa Ward, and the 1st placeTakasagoXNUMX-chome isTokyo WardOther than that, it is the most expensive residential land price...また、商業地の公示地価では、上位1位から4位が大宮区の地点、5位が浦和区の地点であるIn terms of official land prices for commercial land, the top XNUMX to XNUMX are points in Omiya Ward, and XNUMXth are points in Urawa Ward..
The climate of Saitama City isKöppen climate classificationBased onWarm and humid climate Belongs to (Cfa), butHonshuThere is less rainfall in winter than in summer, as is commonly seen on the Pacific side of the country.Low rainfall and low minimum temperature in winterTokyo(Otemachi) And横 浜 市,ChibaIt is more prominent than the neighboring coastal cities such as. Average minimum temperature in January is -1 ℃And is north of Saitama CityGunmaMaebashi Lower than (-0.8 ° C). On January 2018, 1, it recorded -24 ° C (the lowest in January's history at that time), and on January 8.6, 1, it recorded the lowest in observation history, -1 ° C.AmedusSaitama Observatory (Sakura kuLarge printInn), The average annual temperature is 1981 ° C and the average annual precipitation is 2010. mm.
|SaitamaClimate of (Saitama Regional Meteorological Observatory)|
|Highest temperature record ° C (° F）||18.7|
|Average maximum temperature ° C (° F）||9.2|
|Average daily temperature ° C (° F）||3.6|
|Average minimum temperature ° C (° F）||−1.5|
|Minimum temperature record ° C (° F）||−9.8|
|Precipitation amount mm (inch)||37.4|
|Average days of precipitation (≥1.0 mm)||3.9||5.2||9.5||9.8||10.3||11.6||12.1||8.7||11.5||9.6||6.7||3.9||103.5|
|Average monthlyDaylight hours||193.3||179.9||177.8||185.7||174.7||128.2||145.5||173.0||128.1||137.0||154.5||182.9||1,960.9|
|Source:Japanese Meteorological Agency (Average value: 1981-2010, extreme value: 1977-present)|
|In this itemColorIs dealing with Depending on the viewing environment, the colors may not be displayed properly.|
Government-designated cityThere are 10 administrative districts in Saitama City.おおむね、市町村合併前の旧Mostly the old before the merger of cities, towns and villagesUrawaIn the areaSakura ku-Urawa-ku-South ward-Green District4 wards are oldOmiya cityIn the areaNishi-ward-Kita-Omiya W-Minami-ku4 wards are oldYono CityIn the areaChuo-kuBut oldIwatsukiIn the areaIwatsuki kuThere is.However, it is a district that belongs to Chuo Ward in the former Urawa city area and the former Omiya city area.[Annotation 6] And the district that belongs to Omiya Ward in the former Urawa city area[Annotation 7] There is also.
Of the 10 wards, 9 wards excluding Iwatsuki ward2003It was set up with the transition to a government-designated city.この9区の区域は、浦和・大宮・与野の旧3市の合併協議において盛り込まれた『旧浦和市域・大宮市域はそれぞれ4つの行政区に区分することが適当』、『旧与野市域は（当時の）市域を基本として1つの行政区に区分することが適当』などの合意事項がさいたま市に引き継がれるかたちで設定されたものであるThe area of these XNUMX wards was included in the merger talks of the former XNUMX cities of Urawa, Omiya, and Yono. It is appropriate to divide the city area into one administrative district based on the city area. ”The agreement was set so that Saitama City would take over... On the other handIwatsuki kuArea of2005OldIwatsukiWhen it was incorporated into Saitama City, the old city area was set to move to Iwatsuki Ward as it was.
|Codes||Ward name||Installation date||位置||population||area||The population density||Ward color||Ward flowers|
|11101-5||Nishi-ward||2003th of February 4||oldOmiya city|
|94,050||29.12 km2||3,230 people / km2||■ Ao||Hydrangea|
|11102-3||Kita||Former Omiya City|
|147,629||16.86 km2||8,756 people / km2||■ Fukamidori||Rape blossom|
|11103-1||Omiya W||Former Omiya City|
|120,018||12.80 km2||9,376 people / km2||■ Orange||さ く ら|
|11104-0||Minami-ku||Former Omiya City|
|165,289||30.69 km2||5,386 people / km2||■ Soraro||Cypripedium japonicum|
|11105-8||Chuo-ku||oldYono City||102,521||8.39 km2||12,219 people / km2||■ Rose color||rose|
|98,254||18.64 km2||5,271 people / km2||■ Sakura color||Primrose|
|11107-4||Urawa-ku||Former Urawa City|
|165,642||11.51 km2||14,391 people / km2||■ Grime||Periwinkle|
|11108-2||South ward||Former Urawa City|
|192,455||13.82 km2||13,926 people / km2||■ Lemon color||ヒ マ ワ リ|
|11109-1||Green District||Former Urawa City|
|127,988||26.44 km2||4,841 people / km2||■ Green||Cherry blossom|
|11110-4||Iwatsuki ku||2005th of February 4||oldIwatsuki||111,410||49.17 km2||2,266 people / km2||■ Yamabuki color||Yamabuki|
The first in JapanCensusWas made1920(TaishoSince 9 years), the population of Saitama City has been increasing almost consistently. 1920年当時の人口が約12.3万人であったのに対して、2015年国勢調査ではその10倍以上の約126.4万人にのぼり、またThe population in XNUMX was about XNUMX, but according to the XNUMX census, it was more than XNUMX times that number, about XNUMX million.2018In September, the population of the Basic Resident Register exceeded 9 million.特に日本のEspecially in JapanHigh economic growth期における人口急増が著しく、1960年国勢調査では約42.0万人であった現さいたま市域の人口は、1975年国勢調査では約81.4万人となり、この15年間で2倍近くに増加した。旧4市域の合併直前と現在の人口は、浦和市が約49万人（現・約58万人）、大宮市が約46万人（現・約52万人）、与野市が約8万人（現・約10万人）、岩槻市が約11万人（現・約11万人）である。
In recent years, as in the situation in Japan as a whole, the number of deaths has increased due to the aging of the population.Due to the increase in the number of deaths, the natural increase in the population of Saitama City (the number of births minus the number of deaths) has decreased rapidly, reaching almost zero in 2017.現在のさいたま市の人口の緩やかな増加は、ほとんどが社会増（転入数から転出数を差し引いた数）によるものであるThe current gradual increase in the population of Saitama City is mostly due to social growth (the number of in-migrants minus the number of out-migrants)...人口の転入超過は、20歳代・30歳代によるものが多く、2017年には、転入超過数8,234人のうち20歳代・30歳代が5,396人を占めたMost of the population over-migrants are in their XNUMXs and XNUMXs, and in XNUMX, XNUMX people in their XNUMXs and XNUMXs accounted for XNUMX over-migrants..
National Institute of Population and Social Security ResearchAccording to the "Future Estimated Population by Region of Japan" 2018 estimate), it is estimated that the population of Saitama City will peak at 2030 million in 131.8 and then begin to decline (December 2020). The estimated population as of 12st has already reached 1 million, which exceeds this level).On the other hand, the population of Japan as a whole has already begun to decline, and most cities are also expected to decline, so Saitama City's population ranking in Japan (132.0th, excluding the special wards of Tokyo) is 9. It is estimated that it will be maintained even in the year.
|Population distribution by age in Saitama City and the whole country (2005)||Population distribution by age and gender in Saitama City (2005)|
■Green-All over Japan
Changes in the population of Saitama City (corresponding area)
|Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsStatistics Bureau CensusThan|
The ward with a large populationSouth ward(19.21 people),Urawa-ku(16.52 people),Minami-ku(16.48 people),The population densityUrawa Ward (14,391 people / km)2), Minami Ward (13,926 people / km)2),Chuo-ku(12,219 people / km2).
Resident in the cityCommuting-Commuting to school74 people, which is 7000% of the 23.5 peopleTokyo Special WardCommuting to school (1 people commute to Saitama City from the special wards of Tokyo), despite being an ordinance-designated city and the prefectural capitalDay-night population ratioIs 100%, which is less than 93.0% (both in 2015)CensusAccording to), Saitama City commute to Tokyo to work or school.Saitama citizensIn Tokyo, where many people liveBed townHas a strong personality.On the other hand, 16 people commute to work / school from other cities, towns and villages in Saitama prefecture (8000 people commute to work / school from Saitama city to other cities, towns and villages in Saitama prefecture), day and night. The population ratio has gradually increased from 10% in 1990, and Saitama City also has the property of being a suburban core that gathers commuter and school attendants from the surrounding area.
Former 4 cities before the merger
Saitama City is the only example in Japan as of 40, when multiple cities with a population of more than 2001 (as of 2020) merged..
The urban areas of the former three cities of Urawa, Omiya, and Yono, which were initially merged, are geographically continuous, but the former Iwatsuki city is not continuous with the urban areas of the three cities.旧3市のうち、旧浦和市と旧大宮市は、東西方向に細長い市域と3年時点で4万人台の人口を有すること、中央部にOf the four former cities, former Urawa City and former Omiya City have a long and narrow city area in the east-west direction and a population of 2019 as of 50, in the central part.Nakasendo OfPost town(Urawajuku-Omiyajuku) Has a central city area, and there are many residential areas and farmlands in the east and west.J LeagueThere is something in common, such as having a professional soccer club that belongs to.
oldUrawaIs oldCho Shrine,Tamazoin OfMonzen-choHowever, the current city is on the old NakasendoUrawajukuIt originates from the fact that was established.県庁、市役所をはじめPrefectural office, city hall, etc.District court,Prefectural policeWith the accumulation of administrative agencies of prefectures and cities, prefecturesDesignated financial institutionIsSaitama Resona BankMain store and variousPolitical partyThe merger promotion resolution and the city planning master plan at the time of the inauguration of Saitama City, which urged the former three cities of Urawa, Omiya, and Yono to promptly enter into merger talks, with the functions of the prefectural capital such as the branch offices of so"Administrative center"It is positioned as.Also,Meiji EraToFormer Urawa Junior High School (currently Urawa Prefectural High School)とUrawa High School (currently Urawa Daiichi Girls' High School),Taisho eraToFormer Urawa High School(CurrentSaitama University) Is installed,Education cityIt became known as.Great Kanto EarthquakeOr later,TokyoThe population has increased rapidly due to immigrants fromBessho marsharound画家 EmigrationBecause I did "Kamakura BunshiToUrawa painterIs born and is known as the city of painters.明治期にIn the Meiji eraSaitama Normal School(Currently Saitama University)サ ッ カ ーWhen the instruction of "Saitama" was started, along with the neighboring Urawa Junior High Schoolサ ッ カ ーIt is said to be the "birthplace" and has become famous nationwide as a region where soccer is popular. When the J League was established in 1993,Urawa RedsHas been active in Urawa City as a home town and continues to this day.市域で最もMost in the cityCentral TokyoBecause it is close to and there are many commuter trains, in 1995Kawaguchi cityIt will be the city with the largest population in the prefecture, and as of 2021, it will have the largest population among the four former cities that make up Saitama City.Household income has been high nationwide since the Urawa City era.Urawa StationWestern plateau (Kishimachi-Tokiwa-Takasago-Shinmei-BesshoEtc)Luxury residential areaAlso known as
oldOmiya cityOnceMinumaIt is also said to have worshiped the water god ofHikawa ShrineIt was a town in front of the gate, but the current town is1591(Tensho19 years)UrawajukuとAgeojukuIt originates from the establishment of a post station at the horse station in between.Japan RailwayAt the time of openingTrainBecause there was no stationUrawa Station - Ageo StationBy enthusiastic activities to attract stations to the area1885(Meiji18 years) in FebruaryOmiya StationOpened.その後もSince thenJapan RailwayOmiya Factory (currently JR East)Omiya General Rolling Stock Center) AndOmiya yardAttracting railway facilities such as "Railway townIt came to be known as.1940(Showa 15)Omiya Town-Mihashi Village-Nisshin Village-Miyahara Village-Osato VillageMerged to form Omiya City.It was the fifth city system in Saitama prefecture after Urawa city.Commercial facilities are concentrated around Omiya Station, and the city area expanded after the war.The population before the merger grew to the third place in the prefecture after Urawa and Kawaguchi.Postwar regional silverone ofMusashino BankIt is also the location of the head office of.In the merger promotion resolution mentioned above"Economic center"It is positioned as.It is also Japan's first soccer-specific stadium.NACK5 Stadium Omiya(Omiya ParkBased in)J2 leagueJoined the J-League in 1999 whenOmiya ArdijaHas been active in Omiya City as a home town and continues to this day.The area was the largest of the four former cities that make up Saitama City.
oldYono CityIs located between the former Urawa city and the former Omiya city, and has a smaller area than the other three cities, and is urbanized over almost the entire area.1958The city system came into effect in 33.市域の狭さや市内のほぼ全域が鉄道駅至近に位置することもあり、市全域がDue to the narrowness of the city area and the fact that almost the entire city is located near the railway station, the entire city isConcentrated areaThe population density is the highest among the four former cities before the merger.In addition, in order to have Saitama Super Arena and Saitama Arts Theater, the above-mentioned merger promotion resolution was adopted."Center for information dissemination"It is positioned as.It was maintained just before the mergerSaitama ShintoshinOf these, the main area on the west side of the Tohoku Main Line straddled the city limits of the former three cities, but at the time of the transition to a government-designated city, the former Urawa city part and the former Omiya were located in the former Yono city, which occupied most of the area. The city part was incorporated and the town name "Shintoshin" was newly established.
oldIwatsukiIn the north-south elongated city areaIwatsuki Castle Ofcastle townThere is a central city area that originates fromResidential areasAnd the city layout and land use composition that there is a lot of farmland,Edo PeriodMostlyIwatsuki DomainBeing a territory (the other three cities are mainlyShogunateSuch),1954(Showa 29)Municipal systemThe county to which it belonged before the enforcementMinami Saitama DistrictThat was (the other three citiesKitadachi-gun) And other historical backgrounds, it has different characteristics from the other three former cities.Traditional craftsIsIwatsuki dollDoll shops have gathered in the production area of the doll, and it has become known nationwide as the "doll town".
On the other hand, looking back on the history since modern times, the central municipalities of the former four cities at the time of the enforcement of the municipal system in 1889 were all "towns".Urawa-cho has always been incorporated (absorbed) into the surrounding villages since it was established by the enforcement of the town system by Urawa-shuku alone, but the city system was enforced in 4 without merging the surrounding villages. are doing.On the other hand, Omiya Town enforced the town system by the merger of new establishments (combination) between Omiya-juku and the surrounding 1934 villages, and in 4, the city system was established by the new merger of Omiya Town and the surrounding 1940 villages. There is.In addition, Yono Town enforced the town system by the new merger of the former Yono Town and the surrounding 4 villages, and the city system was enforced independently in 9.Iwatsuki Town enforced the town system by the new merger of the former Iwatsuki Town and the adjacent 1958 village, and in 1 established the new Iwatsuki Town by the new merger of Iwatsuki Town and the surrounding 1954 villages, which is premised on the enforcement of the city system. Later, in the same year, the city system was enforced independently.
For Urawa, all the mergers of local governments that it had experienced so far were mergers into Urawa, so the establishment of Saitama City was the first new merger, while Omiya and Iwatsuki were merged twice and Yono was also merged once. Every time, the names of "Omiya", "Yono", and "Iwatsuki" have been handed over to the succeeding new municipality.
Municipalities that once existed in the city area
- Urawa Town
- Kizaki Village -(Oaza KitabukuroOmiya TownIn addition, other areas will be transferred to Urawa Town)
- Oma Kimura
- Mutsuji Town
- Okubo Village
- Doai Village
- Misasa Village -(TodachoAfter the transfer to Urawa City, Uchiya, Magamoto, Matsumoto and a part of Teigai of the former Miyamoto Village were transferred to Urawa City due to the boundary change)
- Misonomura -(Former Daimonmura Sashima ・GyoeFormer Noda village and former Daimon village Sashima / Gyoe and former Totsuka village are in Urawa cityKawaguchi cityDivided into
- Omiya city
- Yono City
Administrative districts and town names / large letters
In the present Saitama city area,PaleolithicMore inhabited, on the Omiya plateauKanto loam layerFrom Obusato (Midori Ward) ruins, Myoubana Mukai (Minami Ward) ruins, etc.(I.e.Relics from the Paleolithic era have been excavated from.
Jomon PeriodGlobal in the first halfGlobal warmingThe sea level rises as the sea level progresses (Jomon Kaishin),Arakawa,MotoarakawaThe lower reaches of the sea sank below sea level (Oku Tokyo Bay. this house,Omiya plateauThe water area on the west side of is also called "Koiruma Bay").このため、内陸県であるFor this reason, it is an inland prefecture.Saitama,TochigiBut in this eraShell moundHas been discovered, and even in Saitama City, on the edge of the Omiya Plateau near the coastline at that time.ShirahataShell mound (South ward),OyabaShell mound (Minami Ward),OtoShell mound (Chuo-ku),中Shell mound (Minami-ku) And other shell mounds are left.Although the number of archaeological sites in the late and late Jomon period, which has become colder, will decrease,Shinfukuji shell mound(Iwatsuki Ward, National Historic Site),Baba Komuroyama Ruins(Historic sites in Midori Ward, Saitama Prefecture), Minami Konuma Ruins (Chuo Ward), etc..
Yayoi Period,Kofun periodOnce you enter, while full-scale paddy rice cultivation is being carried out, the edge of the plateau overlooking the lowlands and the lowlandsNatural embankmentMany settlements have come to be formed in.Old tombIt is,Planted burial mounds-Sidegayato burial mounds(Nishi-ward),Okubo Kofungun-Doai KofungunIt is often found on the edge of plateaus and lowlands along the Koiruma River such as (Sakura Ward)..
Nara periodToDecreeWhen the system is established, Iwatsuki Ward in Saitama City will beSaitama DistrictIn addition, the other 9 wardsAdachi-gunIt came to be included in.Japanese name JujuThere are seven townships in Adachi-gun, of which five are Hottsu, Ueda, Guuke, Hatto, and Osato. There is a theory that it is set within the Saitama city area, but there is also a theory that Hottsu-go and Adachi-gun are set outside Saitama city, so it is not clear.Enki ceremony god name bookIn the present Saitama city areaHikawa Shrine,Cho Shrine,Adachi Shrine3 seats are listed (Shikinaisha）.OkuboryokeIn Adachi-gunCountyIt is estimated that there was.
Heian periodIn the middleKokujiSecurity has deteriorated due to a series of uprisings of robbers who resistMusashi countryThen, local lords and villa managers began to gather and arm farmers, and eventually such armed groups becamesamuraiBecame.TenkeiNew Year (938), It is probable that he controlled the entire area of Adachi-gun, including the current Urawa and Omiya, as Adachi-gunji.Musashi MusashiAnd Musashi GonmoriKing Kosei・ Musashisuke'sMinamoto KiConflict with.これがやがてThis will soonRebellion of Taira ShomonHowever, Musashi Musashi was ousted while being involved in the turbulence, and since thenMr. AdachiEtc. appeared as Adachi Gunji.
1160(HeijiFirst year)Heiji RebellionAt the time ofMinamoto no dynastyRipped according toAdachi TomotoIs believed to have subsequently been blocked in Adachi-gun,Approval4 years(1180)KamakuraEnteredYoritomo GengenRelieved from the county territory of Adachi-gun, and since thenLordIt was heavily used as.足立遠元の屋敷は現The mansion of Tomoto Adachi is nowOkegawa OfKawatayaThere is a theory that it is compared to Uetaya in Nishi-ku, Saitama City.Besides this,Kamakura PeriodThere are samurai who have power in the Saitama city area, such as Mr. Kazu Takanashi, Mr. Mayaya, Mr. Minoru, Mr. Shibue, and Mr. Kashiwazaki..
NowToda-shiStraddle from the west to the west of Minami-ku, Saitama CitySasame TownshipIt is,Correct response6 years(1293) In KamakuraTsuruoka Hachimangu ShrineToDonationWas done,OeiNew Year (1394) Since then, there have been frequent struggles among farmers to resist the rule of Tsurugaoka Hachimangu..
Muromachi PeriodIn the Kanto region of Japan, many wars occurred, and the Saitama city area became a place of war.TurbulenceInResponseNew Year (1350), A battle was held at Hanezo (currently Sakura Ward).Takashi AshikagaOneNaoyoshi AshikagaBreaking the people.
In addition,Enjoyment3May 12(1455May 1)Koroku no RanWhen the outbreak, the whole area of Saitama CityFurukawaWith oneKanto areaIt was a place to confront people.Yasumasa2 years(1456) Is Koga KogaMr. Shigeru AshikagaIs a vassal ofMochisuke HiedaStruck Adachi-gun and seized most of it.またAlsoIwatsuki CastleIt is,Kanto areaOne's (Ogiya）Uesugi MochitoIs a vassal ofShikiyo Ota-Chief(Dokan) The theory that the castle was built by father and son, and Koga KogaTadashi NaritaThere is a theory that the castle was built by Ota, and even after the castle was built, there were multiple theories about the time when Mr. Ota became the lord of the castle.
after that,Ran of long enjoyment(1487 - 1505) Over a long period of timeYamauchi Uesugi FamilyとOgiya Uesugi familyUesugi's power in the Kanto region was exhausted and replaced by the conflict withMr. GohojoThe power of the was gradually expanded.Ohnaga4 years(1524)Hojo UtsunaThe power ofMimuro TownshipFrom around this time, the area around Saitama City became the point of contact between Mr. Ota Iwatsuki's power and Mr. Gohojo's power.astronomical15 years(1546)ofKawagoe Night BattleAtHojoWhen the army won, the expansion of Gohojo's power in Musashi Province became even more serious.そのような状況下で、やがてUnder such circumstances, eventuallyEiroku7 years(1564)Mr. OtaIs its fatherOta SukemasaWas banished and responded to Hojo Ujiyasu, and as a result, the area was placed under the control of Mr. Gohojo..
But,1590(Tensho18 years(1590) HasHideyoshi ToyotomibyOdawara SeijiIwatsuki Castle also fell in the process of.これにより後北条氏による支配は終わり、かわって豊臣秀吉の命で関東地方を与えられたThis ended the rule by Mr. Gohojo, and instead was given the Kanto region by the order of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.Tokugawa IeyasuEntered Kanto.
The early modern period
Ieyasu Tokugawa was in the process of consolidating control in the Kanto region.EdoIn the neighborhood ofShogunate,Flag territory,Futami DaimyoWas placed a lot.Edo Period OfBakuhan systemAs a clan in the Saitama city area that appears below,Iwatsuki CastleTo be the clan officeIwatsuki DomainThere is.現さいたま市域のうち、岩槻区域の大部分はこのMost of the Iwatsuki area of the present Saitama city area is thisIwatsuki DomainIt was the territory of.一方、他の9区の区域は幕府領や旗本領を中心に、さらにOn the other hand, the areas of the other XNUMX wards are centered on the shogunate territory and the flag main territory, and furtherTemple and shrineAnd the territory of the Iwatsuki clan are mixed in, and moreRemunerationIt was under a complicated and subdivided control system that there were many.
In the Edo period, the city was formed in the present Saitama city area.Urawajuku,Omiyajuku,Yono Town,Iwatsuki TownandDaimonjukuThere were 5 places.このうち、岩槻町が唯一のOf these, Iwatsuki Town is the only onecastle townAlso, Iwatsuki Town and Daimonjuku are the Shogun's visit to Nikko and the Iwatsuki clan.Change of attendanceUsed as a route forNikko Onari Kaido OfPost townIs.In addition, Urawa-shuku and Omiya-shukuGokaidoWas maintained as one ofNakasendoYono Town is a post townKoshu HighwayAnd Nikko Onari KaidoSideways trafficOshu Dochu Iwatsuki RoadSuccession positionIt is a city that was established as.しかし、大門宿の規模はきわめて小さく、また浦和宿や大宮宿も中山道の宿場町の中では比較的小規模であって、与野町の方が規模の大きい街であったHowever, the scale of Daimonjuku was extremely small, and Urawa-shuku and Omiya-shuku were also relatively small among the post towns on Nakasendo, and Yono-cho was a larger town..
In the Edo periodTone River-ArakawaMany in the basinRiverReplacement andSwamp OfReclamationIt was an era when the event was held, and the current Saitama city area was greatly affected by it.まずFirstKanei6 years(1629) HasKanto District OfTadaharu InaRagaTone River East Transition ProjectUntil then as part ofMotoarakawaThe river channel of Arakawa that was flowing to the presentKumagayaDeadline near Kushita,Wadayoshino River-IchinogawaViaIruma RiverWe carried out river improvement to flow to the line.この河川の付け替えにより、元荒川筋ではDue to the replacement of this river, in the Motoara RiverFlood damageOn the other hand, the Iruma River line is exposed to the risk of flooding even more, while the number of new fields has decreased and Nitta development has become active...同じく1629年には、灌漑用水の確保を目的として、現在のAlso in XNUMX, for the purpose of securing irrigation water, the presentHigashiurawa StationNear the southeast sideShibakawaSqueezeHaccho embankmentWas also built, and on the upstream sideMinuma TameiWas formed.
1728(Kyoho13 years)Reform of KyohoAs part ofNitta developmentWas advancingTokugawa YoshimuneReceived the life ofYasou IzawaHowever, Nitta (Minuma rice field) And as a water source to replace itTone RiverからMinuma Substitute Water(Currently Saitama city areaMinuma Substitute Water East EdgeとMinuma Substitute Water West Edge(Branch) was excavated.1731In (Kyoho 16), the oldest in Japan near the original Haccho embankmentLock-type canalIsMinuma TsusenboriWas excavated and became an inland waterway connecting the Shiba River with the eastern edge of Minuma Substitute Water and the western edge of Minuma Substitute Water.Kyoho 17 years (1732), In the form of diversion from the western edge of Minuma substitute waterTakanuma AqueductWas excavated, following MinumaKonumaWas reclaimed.
Meiji RestorationIn the process ofJapanSystem related to local administrationPrefectural Sanji system(Keio4·MeijiFirst year <1868>),Redemption(Meiji 2 <1869〉),Abandoned Domain(Meiji 4 <1871>), And in the current Saitama city area, January 2, 1 (28)May 3) Was established in Omiya Prefecture, but the actual prefectural office function of Omiya Prefecture isTokyoNihonbashi BakurochoWas placed in.同年9月には県庁がIn September of the same year, the prefectural officeUrawajukuMoved to (currently Urawa Ward) and the prefecture nameUrawaIt was changed to.on the other hand,Iwatsuki DomainIs 1871May 8(Meiji 4May 7) By the abolition of the feudal clanIwatsuki PrefectureIt became.Then, in November of the same year, Urawa prefecture, Iwatsuki prefecture,Shinobi prefectureMergedSaitamaWas born, and the prefectural office was placed in the former Urawa prefectural office.
Japan's first railway opening(Shimbashi Station --Yokohama Station <Currently:Sakuragicho Station> 11 years later1883(16rd year of Meiji)Japan Railway OfUeno Station - Kumagaya StationBetween (currently:Utsunomiya Line-Takasaki Line) Has opened, the first in the Saitama city areaRailway stationIsUrawa StationOpened.
Flowing in the western part of the cityArakawaIt is,1907(Meiji 40) August1910(Meiji 43) Floods occurred in August, especially in 8.Great Kanto floodKnown as.荒川をはじめ埼玉県内の多数の河川が大雨により氾濫し、埼玉県やMany rivers in Saitama Prefecture, including Arakawa, were flooded by heavy rain, and Saitama Prefecture andTokyoIt became a large scale, such as flooding a wide area of.In the wake of these floods, the "Arakawa Downstream Rehabilitation Plan" and "Arakawa Upstream Rehabilitation Plan" were formulated in Arakawa, and integrated hydraulic control measures and river rehabilitation work were carried out.However,戦 争Due to the influence of Japan's economic and social conditions at that time, the construction took much longer than originally planned.現さいたま市域は、荒川上流改修計画に含まれているが、これによる河川改修工事は、開始年がThe current Saitama city area is included in the Arakawa upstream rehabilitation plan, but the river rehabilitation work by this will start in the year1918(Taisho7 years), the end year including incidental work1954(Showa29 years).これにより、さいたま市付近の荒川は、幅2km弱にわたるAs a result, the Arakawa River near Saitama City is less than XNUMXkm wide.RiverbedWill have.
1923(12th year of Taisho)Great Kanto EarthquakeWill have a major impact on the development of the current Saitama city area, especially Urawa and Omiya.この時期埼玉県では主要都市中心部で「耕地整理事業」の名による区画整理が始まっていたが、中でも早期に耕地整理事業が進み、震災の時点ですでに中心部付近に整備された碁盤状の街区を設けていた旧浦和町は震災被害も軽微であった（死者は3名At this time, in Saitama Prefecture, land readjustment under the name of "cultivated land readjustment project" had begun in the center of major cities, but the cultivated land readjustment project proceeded at an early stage, and a go board that had already been constructed near the center at the time of the earthquake. The former Urawa Town, which had a block of shape, suffered minor damage from the earthquake (three people died).).このため、壊滅した東京や横浜から人口が流入し、特にFor this reason, the population has flowed in from the devastated Tokyo and Yokohama, especiallyBessho marshIn the area west of Urawa Station around the area, including painterswealthy classAnd cultural figures immigrated.They are"Urawa painterIt formed a community of cultural people called "Urawa" and contributed to the development of the educational city Urawa.On the other hand, in Omiya, after the earthquake, bonsai traders moved from Tokyo and Koishikawa to the boundary between Omiya Town and Osato Village, and a bonsai village association was established to make strict landscape arrangements. Been formed.The culture that blossomed in Urawa and Omiya after the Great Kanto Earthquake is still a cultural heritage.
1927(Showa 2)Umekichi MiyawakiIs appointed governor of Saitama prefecture.Miyawaki envisioned the realization of a metropolitan area by the independent city system of Urawa, where the prefectural office is located, or the merger of the three towns of Urawa, Omiya, and Yono and the two villages of Rokutsuji and Mihashi.宮脇は在任わずかで他県に転出して実現しなかったがMiyawaki was only a few in office and moved to another prefecture and did not realize it.,1931Miyawaki became the governor of Saitama Prefecture again in (Showa 6).Re-developing his own theory, adding Nisshin and the merger of Mimachi and MimuraOsaitama City ConceptWas strongly advocated..しかし大宮町の負債総額が浦和町を大幅に上回っていたことから浦和町が合併に消極的であったといわれHowever, it is said that Urawa Town was reluctant to merge because the total debt of Omiya Town was much higher than Urawa Town., The merger did not happen.1934(Showa 9), due to the enforcement of the city systemUrawaWas launched.This was the latest enforcement of the city system as the location of the prefectural office.In addition, we handle waterworks in 1 city, 2 towns and 2 villages in Urawa, Omiya, Yono, Rokutsuji and Mihashi.Saitama Prefecture South Waterworks Association(Later Saitama Prefecture South Water Supply Corporation, now:Saitama City Waterworks Bureau) Was established, and a part of the "Osaitama City" concept was realized..
1939In (Showa 14), Urawa City called for a merger between Yono / Rokutsuji and Toda / Warabi in Kamisannomachi and Rokumura.大宮町も、浦和市・与野町との独自の合併案を提示したOmiya Town also presented its own merger plan with Urawa City and Yono Town...翌年のNext year1940(Showa 15), Saitama Prefecture mediated the merger negotiations on the Omiya proposal, and with the addition of Rokutsuji and Nisshin, a tentative agreement was reached on the merger in Ichiichi, Mimachi, and Gomura. Negotiations were terminated one after another.Omiya Town merged with the four villages of Nissin, Mihashi, Miyahara, and Osando, which had been separately proceeding with merger negotiations in preparation for poor negotiations, in November.Omiya cityWas launched.1943In (Showa 18), the governor of Saitama PrefectureToshio OtsuHas proposed a merger plan to establish Saitama City in two cities and one town with Urawa, Omiya, and Yono, but it has disappeared due to the intensification of the war.
Pacific WarInside has jurisdiction over Saitama prefectureUrawa RegimentHeadquarters is located, at the end of the war1945In (20), in Urawa36th ArmyWas placed.市域では4月14日に浦和と大宮が、5月26日に再び浦和がIn the city area, Urawa and Omiya will be on April XNUMXth, and Urawa will be on May XNUMXth again.Air raidIn response to this, casualties occurred, and a bombing notice villa was dropped on Urawa, but it was the largest air raid in the prefecture.Kumagaya air raidI never had a large-scale air raid like..終戦後After the end of the warTroopsUnder the occupation ofSaitama KaikanSaitama military administration was placed in.
Before the war in 20011927), The merger concept that emerged several times came to fruition, and Saitama City was established by the merger of Urawa, Omiya, and Yono.2005Iwatsuki has been incorporated into the site (below).After the war, Run east to west in the old Urawa city areaMusashino Line(1973), Straddling Urawa City, Omiya City, Yono CitySaikyo Line,Tohoku Shinkansen(1985, Opening north of Omiya station1982) OpenedTohoku Expressway,Tokyo Outer Ring Road,Shuto ExpresswayAs a result of infrastructure development such as, population inflow has progressed in the immediate current city area.In particular, Urawa City has developed as the prefectural capital, and Omiya City has developed as the center of commerce.Housing development has progressed from flat terrain, and the population of the former four city areas exceeded 4 million in the 1990s and reached 100 million after the merger.Kyoto CityIt became the 9th largest city in Japan afterPopulation ranking of Japanese citiesreference).Even now, there are multiple land readjustment projects (List) Is being promoted, and the city area is expected to expand in the future.Saitama Stadium 2002Centered onMisono Wing CityBecame the largest development project in the city with a planned population of 3 or more.また、主要駅周辺部ではAlso, in the vicinity of major stationsRedevelopmentbusiness(List) Has become active, and the number of high-rise buildings has increased.市内で最も高さがある建物はThe tallest building in the citySaitama ShintoshinIt is inLand Axis Tower (abbreviation: LA Tower)(168m), the building with the highest floor isLive Tower Musashi Urawa(38th floor).
Progress regarding the merger and history after the merger.For a detailed history of the old city, see the items for each of the four cities.
- Merger of Urawa City, Omiya City and Yono City
- 1953(Showa28) --September, the Municipal Merger Promotion Law is enacted.So-called"Great Showa mergerThe beginning of.
- 1954(29) --In February, Saitama Prefecture presented a tentative merger plan to merge and reorganize 2 municipalities in the prefecture into 323 municipalities, and around Urawa City and Omiya City, Urawa City, Omiya City, Yono Town, Okubo Village, and Doai Village A tentative merger plan by 81 cities, 2 town and 1 villages is shown.しかし浦和市は大久保村・土合村を編入する合併、大宮市は周辺2村を編入する合併を構想し、この枠組みでの合併は実現せずHowever, Urawa City envisioned a merger to incorporate Okubo Village and Doai Village, and Omiya City envisioned a merger to incorporate the surrounding 6 villages, and the merger within this framework was not realized... 11月、与野町が大久保村に合併を申し込むも、実現せずIn November, Yono Town applied for a merger with Okubo Village, but it did not happen..
- 1955(30) --In January, Urawa City incorporated Okubo Village and Doai Village, and Omiya City incorporated 1 surrounding villages (Sashiogi Village, Mamiya Village, Uemizu Village, Katayanagi Village, Nanasato Village, and Haruoka Village). 6月、与野町議会に北部を大宮市、南部を浦和市に編入させ、中央部を残存させる案が提出されるも、反対議員や町民が議場を取り囲んで開会できず、与野町はそのまま残るIn February, a proposal was submitted to the Yono Town Council to incorporate the northern part into Omiya City and the southern part into Urawa City, leaving the central part, but opposition members and townspeople could not open the meeting around the meeting place, leaving Yono Town as it is..
- 1958(Showa 33) --By the enforcement of the city systemYono CityWas launched.
- 1962(Showa 37) --The Urawa City Council calls for the merger of three cities and five cities in Kawaguchi and Warabi.The first stage was to merge with Miichi, and the second stage was to merge with Kawaguchi and Warabi.
- 1973(48) --The mayors of the three cities meet for the first time regarding the merger.Also,KitakyushuOf the urban sociologist who became the theoretical pillar of the merger promotion groupEiichi IsomuraHowever, he warned about the three cities, "If we do not merge, we will continue to turn our backs."
- 1980(55) --In October, Urawa City, Omiya City, Yono City, with a loose coalition between cities in the southern central region of the prefecture.Ageo City,Ina Town"Saitama Central City Chiefs' Meeting" was established by 4 cities and 1 town and Saitama Prefecture.
- 1982(57) --In April, the name of the former chief meeting was changed to "Saitama Central Metropolitan Area Chiefs Meeting". In September, "Saitama Central Urban Area Concept / Basic Concept" was formulated.
- 1985(60) --In December, the name of "Saitama Central Urban Area Concept" was changed to "Saitama YOU And I Plan" (a name that combines the English acronyms of 12 cities and 4 town).
- 1990(Heisei2 years) --In July, with a promise of "designated urbanization"Takahiro ShindoIs appointed Mayor of Omiya.However, it was impossible to realize it alone, and the aim was to make it a government-designated city by merger.これには与野市長のThis is the mayor of YonoIsamu IharaAlso tuned in.
- 1991(3) --In April, with a promise of "designated urbanization"Soichi AikawaIs appointed Mayor of Urawa.これに難色を示した現職のIncumbent who showed disapproval of thisKenkichi NakagawaWas inaugurated after defeating.
- 1992(4) --April,National Land AgencyChanged the area of 4 cities and 1 town to "Saitama Central Urban Area"Business nuclear cityApproved as "basic concept".
- 1993(5) --April,Former Japanese National Railways Omiya Train StationDecided to relocate 10 institutions from 17 government ministries to the site. In December, the "Aya no Kuni YOU And I Plan" was formulated with the goal of a strong coalition of 12 cities and 4 town.After that, the movement of urbanization designated by the merger ordinance will become active.
- March-The "Merger Promotion Resolution" was passed by the Urawa City Council and the Omiya City Council, and the Yono City Council also passed the resolution in June.この決議においてIn this resolution"Urawa is the" administrative center ", Omiya is the" economic center ", and Yono is the" center of information dissemination (culture) "."The position of the three districts in the new city was confirmed.
- May 7 --Ageo City rejected the request for the establishment of a merger council from Urawa City, Omiya City, and Yono City.
- 1997(9)May 12 --Voluntary Council "Urawa City, Omiya City, Yono City"Merger Promotion CouncilIs installed.
- May 4 ――The discussion of the name of the new city was referred to "2nd SubcommitteeIs installed.
- May 10 --Based on the proposal of Omiya City, "Urawa City, Omiya City, Yono City" consisting of citizen representatives of 3 cities, academic experts, and media personnelNew City Name Review CommitteeIs set up (Chairman:Hyodo TsutomuSaitama UniversityPresident).
- May 11 --The second subcommittee was held.From the new city name review committee, "It is desirable to openly solicit the city name of the new cityReceive a report.Omiya City withheld its attitude toward the open recruitment system, but on the 10th of the same month, the New City Name Review Committee reconfirmed the open recruitment from home and abroad.その後、上尾市・伊奈町を同時に合併しないことを理由に大宮市が審議をAfter that, Omiya City deliberated on the reason that Ageo City and Ina Town would not be merged at the same time.boycottHowever, discussions by the Merger Promotion Council were stagnant (the merger including Ageo City and Ina Town was strongly requested by Omiya City, and both cities and towns are areas included in the Sai no Kuni YOU And I Plan. For Omiya City, it was a matter of life and death to incorporate both cities and towns in order to place itself in the geographical center of the new city).Urawa City demands normalization of deliberation, and converselyToda-shi・ Warabi City also proposed to be added to the merger (a part of the merger concept proposed in 1962 was changed).
- May 6 --Agreement was reached to confirm the intentions of Ageo City and Ina Town after the merger of the three cities (so-called "" 6/25 agreement"), The deliberation is normalized.
- 8 --On the 19th, the open call for participants was postponed due to the re-opposition of the Omiya City Council. On the 28th, it was agreed to implement the open call for participants by including the "6 agreement" in the open call for participants implementation guidelines. On the 25st, the 31th 14nd Subcommittee agreed to open a public offering of city names.
- May 1 --Public offering of city names.期限のDeadlineMay 2By now, 67,665 applications and 8,580 types of applications have been submitted from all over the country.The result is "Saitama city1st place (7117 votes), "SaitamaWas second (2 votes).In addition, the proposal to use the name of each city that constitutes the merger is "Omiya city3st place (3008 votes), "UrawaWas ranked 6th (1821 votes), but 24.8% applied for "Omiya City" from areas other than Omiya City, and 29.7% applied for "Urawa City" from areas other than Urawa City. , The application from Urawa City to "Omiya City" was 1.1%, and the application from Omiya City to "Urawa City" was 3.7%...また、『与野市』は100位以内に入らなかったAlso, "Yono City" did not make it into the top XNUMX..
- May 3 --As a result of the examination by the new city name examination committee, "Saitama city(1st place in the open call for participants)Saitama(2nd place) ・ "Sai city(5th place 2495 votes) ・ "Sakitama City(7th place 1374 votes) ・ "Kanto City』(37th place 217 votes) is selected as a city name candidate and reported to the second subcommittee chairman and subcommittee.
- May 4 --The 22nd Second Subcommittee was held.From Urawa City and Yono CitySaitama, Omiya City proposes two city name proposals, "Omiya City".In addition, the name of "Omiya City" was not included in the five city name candidates submitted by the new city name examination plan established by Omiya City's proposal.
- May 4 --The 23rd Second Subcommittee was held. 『埼玉』などの名称を使用しないでほしいとする要望書を提出した、行田商工会議所会頭・Chairman of the Gyoda Chamber of Commerce and Industry, who submitted a request not to use names such as "Saitama"Gyoda City埼 玉The president of the Federation of District Neighborhood Associations is invited.
- May 4 --The 25th Second Subcommittee was held.The Omiya City side demanded that the city hall of the new city be located in the area around Saitama Shintoshin, and received a fierce opposition from the Urawa City side, which has been positioned as the "administrative center" since the merger promotion resolution.最終的に「さいたま新都心周辺地域が望ましいとの意見を踏まえ、将来の新市の事務所の位置についての検討や庁舎建設基金を創設を行う」旨Finally, "Based on the opinion that the area around Saitama New Urban Center is desirable, we will consider the location of the office in the new city in the future and establish a government building construction fund." By including in the merger agreement, the new city name will be changed to "SaitamaAgreed to However, after the merger, there is a conflict over the interpretation of the wording of the merger agreement regarding "the future location of the city hall" (new due to the backlash from Urawa City, which has the largest population in the region and is the center of the city since that time. It is not specified that the city hall will be set up in Saitama New Urban Center, and the text is iridescent, saying "based on your opinion ... consider the location").
- May 4 --The 21st Merger Promotion Council was held.The new city name is "SaitamaThere is a report from the chairman to the effect that the bill is submitted.It will be voted on the same day.なお、さいたまのIn addition, Saitama"Sa"The font of is a font in which the second and third strokes are continuous ("Chi"Mirror writing) has been officially made, but it does not matter when citizens write their addresses.
- May 4 --Legal Council "Urawa City, Omiya City, Yono City"Merger councilIs installed.
- May 5 --At the site of the former JNR marshalling yard in the city border of Urawa City, Omiya City, and Yono CitySaitama ShintoshinGamachibiraki.The name "Saitama Shintoshin" was decided in April 1999, and has no direct relationship with the city name "Saitama City".
- May 9 --Merger agreement signing ceremony.
- Merger, to ordinance-designated city
- 2001 year (Heisei 13 year)
- March 3-Large-scale development "Misono Wing City(Planned population: 31,200), ahead of the developmentSaitama high-speed railway lineandUrawamisono StationOpened.
- May 5 - Urawa City, Omiya City, and Yono City merged to form Saitama City.
- May 7 --Ageo City holds a "referendum to ask whether or not to merge with Saitama City". The results are "disagree (58.3%)" and "agree (41.7%)".
- May 8 --Ina Town announced that it would abandon the merger talks.8 DayIn response to the result of the referendum, Ageo City officially announced that it would decline the merger talks.
- May 1 ――Iwatsuki City holds a referendum on the merger of Iwatsuki City. The results are "Merger with Saitama City (52.6%)", "No merger (38.8%)", and "Merger with Kasukabe City, Miyashiro Town, Sugito Town, Showa Town (8.5%)".
- May 2 --In response to the result of the referendum, Iwatsuki City proposes a merger consultation to Saitama City.Saitama City24 DayAccept this offer.
- May 4 - Saitama CityGovernment-designated cityNine administrative districts were established.
- May 7 --Voluntary council "Saitama City / Iwatsuki City Voluntary Merger Council" established.
- Incorporated Iwatsuki City, the current Saitama City was established
- 2005(17)- May 4, Saitama CityIwatsukiWill be merged into the former Iwatsuki City area.Iwatsuki kuWas launched.
- 2006(18) --Miso Wing City (Midori Ward / Iwatsuki Ward) opens in town (land readjustment project is still ongoing).
- 2007(19)- Saitama City Central Library(Urawa Ward ・Urawa ParcoIs open).
- 2009(21)- Kawagoe LineNisshin Station - Sashiogi Station間 にNishiomiya Station(Nishi Ward) opens.
- 2013(25)- Tour de France Saitama CriteriumIs held for the first time.
- April 4-The "Cultural and Arts City Creation Fund" was established by incorporating the "Cultural Property Acquisition Fund".Events such as the Triennale will be held based on this fund, and "" in Urawa WardUrawa Museum of ArtThere is a plan to develop the "Saitama City Museum of Art" (tentative name).
- 11 month - Saitama International MarathonIs held for the first time.
- 2016(28) September-December- Saitama TriennaleHeld (later renamed "Saitama International Arts Festival").
- 2018(30)May 9 --The total population of Saitama City has exceeded 130 million.
- 2020(Reiwa2 years)
- 2021(3nd year of Reiwa)
- After 2020
- In Miso Wing CityJuntendo UniversityThe Saitama International Advanced Medical Center (tentative name) attached to the Faculty of Medicine will open, and at the same time, a new graduate school campus will open (planned).
Saitama City Council
Mayoral election / city council election
- May 2001, 13-First mayoral election.Soichi Aikawa, Mayor of Urawa WardLiberal partyRecommended) won.
- April 2003, 15-FirstCity councilGeneral election for members of the Diet.Reduced the number of MPs to 64.
- December 2004, 16-By-election of city council members elected by Minami Ward.
- May 2005, 17-Mayor's election.Election to increase the number of city council members elected by Iwatsuki Ward.By-elections for city council members elected by Urawa Ward.Increased the number of MPs to 5.
- April 2007, 19-General election for city council members.Reduced the number of MPs to 4.
- May 2009, 21-Mayoral election.By-elections for city council members elected from Nishi Ward and Kita Ward.
- April 2011, 23-General election for city council members.Reduced the number of MPs to 4.
- May 2013, 25-Mayoral election.By-election of city council members elected by Minuma Ward.
- April 2015, 27-City council member general election.
- May 2017, 29-Mayoral election.
- April 2019, 31-City council member general election.
- May 2021, 3 (Reiwa 5) -Mayoral election.
- Saitama Prefecture 1th Ward: Minuma Ward (area that does not belong to 5 Wards), Urawa Ward, Midori Ward, Iwatsuki Ward
|Representative name||Party name||Number of wins||Remarks|
- Saitama Prefecture 5th Ward: Nishi Ward, Kita Ward, Omiya Ward, Minuma Ward (area that does not belong to 1 Ward), Chuo Ward
|Representative name||Party name||Number of wins||Remarks|
|Yukio Edano||Constitutional Democratic Party||9|
|Hideki Makihara||LDP||4||Proportional revival|
- Saitama Prefecture 15th Ward: Sakura Ward, Minami Ward, (Kawaguchi city〈2 wardsAreas that do not belong to>,蕨 市,Toda-shi）
|Representative name||Party name||Number of wins||Remarks|
In MotoichiPrefectural assemblyElectoral districts are divided by administrative district and elected members.The total number is 14.
|Constituency name||constant||Representative name||Parliamentary group||Number of wins|
|South 3rd Ward Nishi Ward, Saitama City||1||Nobumi Kusakabe||LDP||3|
|South 4th Ward Kita Ward, Saitama City||2||Mari Takagi||Saitama Democratic Forum (Constitutional Democratic Party)||3|
|South 5th Ward Omiya Ward, Saitama City||1||Takeshi Fujii||LDP||2|
|South 6th Ward Minuma Ward, Saitama City||2||Takumi Tamura||LDP||4|
|South 7th Ward Chuo Ward, Saitama City||1||Goichi Miyazaki||LDP||1|
|South 8th Ward Sakura Ward, Saitama City||1||Yusuke Araki||LDP||3|
|South 9th Ward Urawa Ward, Saitama City||2||Yoshihide Asanome||Independent||4|
|Minami Ward, Saitama City Minami Ward||2||Eijiro Miyazaki||LDP||5|
|Yuuo Kimura||Saitama Democratic Forum (Democratic Party for the People)||4|
|South 11th Ward Midori Ward, Saitama City||1||Masao Takahashi||LDP||4|
|South 12th Ward Iwatsuki Ward, Saitama City||1||Nobuaki Kojima||LDP||6|
Saitama City HallSee also item.
The city's general public relations activities are carried out by the Public Relations Division.同課内には、一般的な広報活動の企画立案や各区ごとの広報活動の取りまとめを行う「広報係」のほか、行政情報のIn the section, in addition to the "Public Relations Section" who plans general public relations activities and organizes public relations activities for each ward, administrative informationvisualizationThere is a "planning promotion clerk" whose main business is to promote.
As the main public relations media, the public relations magazine "City Bulletin Saitama" (issued once a month, distributed to all households), TV program "Nobi Nobi City Saitama City』(SaitamaIn addition to (broadcast on)webBy media (official site ande-mail magazine), Etc., of which "City Bulletin Saitama"Visually impairedFor cassette tape versionBrailleA version is also produced..In addition to this, there are many public relations for individual themes, departments, and regions of the city council and city administration.
As a city mascot character, in the cityMinuma(Minuma rice field)Lore"Tsunaga Ryu Nu" was enacted on September 2007, 9...This character can be used by anyone, including for commercial purposes, if certain conditions (described in the outline / manual) are met.costumeIs also rented out..また、埼玉県の自治体のIn addition, the municipality of Saitama PrefectureYuru CharaConsists ofYurutama cheering partyIs also a member.Also,Takashi YanaseCharacter by "Urawa Unako-chan"ButSaitama Tourism AmbassadorHas been appointed to, and at various events, "Nu" and the character of Saitama Prefecture, "Nu"Cobaton・ Often appears with "Saitama".
As a city song, "Saitama City's song "Yume no Machi"Is being produced.政令指定都市移行記念として2003年に制定されたもので、公募により880点寄せられた歌詞の最優秀作品に市出身のIt was enacted in XNUMX to commemorate the transition to a government-designated city, and was originally from the city as the best work of lyrics that received XNUMX points by open call for participants.Takekawa YukihideThe song was composed and supplemented by Takekawa and his two daughters (Moto Takekawa,Takekawa Ai) Unit "Yukihide Takekawa & T's COMPANY" sings.Flowing to the beginning and ending of this songChantThe wind ale is by volunteer supporters of Urawa Reds and Omiya Ardija.また、このエールをアレンジしたものが市内の複数のJR駅でIn addition, an arrangement of this ale is available at multiple JR stations in the city.Departure melodyAlso used as.
- Firefighting / disaster prevention
- Saitama City Fire Department(Urawa Ward)
- West Fire Department
- North fire station
- Omiya Fire Station-Saitama City Disaster Prevention Center (Disaster Prevention Exhibition Hall)
- Minuma Fire Department
- Central fire station
- Sakura Fire Station
- Urawa Fire Department- Saitama City Crisis Management CenterWith
- South fire department
- Green fire department
- Iwatsuki Fire Department
- Saitama City Fire Brigade
- Health center
- Saitama City Health Center(Chuo-ku)
- Water and sewerage
- Garbage disposal facility
- Sakura Environmental Center(Sakura Ward)
- Clean Center Osaki(Midori Ward)
- Western Environment Center (Nishi Ward)
- Eastern Environmental Center (Minuma Ward)
- Funeral hall
- Urawa Saiba(Sakura Ward)
- Omiya Seien(Minuma Ward)
- Memories Village Hall (Minuma Ward, Memories Village Municipal Cemetery)
- Hikari Kaikan (Chuo Ward)
- Tourist office
- Urawa Tourist Information Center (in Atre Urawa South Area)
- Omiya Station Tourist Information Center (Omiya Station premises)
- Saitama Shintoshin Tourist Information Center (Saitama Shintoshin Station East-West Free Passage)
- Iwatsuki Tourist Information Center (inside Iwatsuki Station)
- Board of education
- Saitama City Board of Education(Urawa Ward)
- Education Institute
- Saitama City Education Research Institute(Urawa Ward)
- Children's facility
- Aipareto (Saitama City Children's Family Center・ Urawa Ward)
- Saitamachild consultation center
- Mental health center
* Child-rearing support centers are set up in all 10 other wards.
Saitama City LibrarySee.There are 25 buildings in the city.ほかにBesidesSaitama Prefectural Kumagaya Library Urawa BranchBut,Saitama Prefectural Urawa LibraryAfter closingSaitama Prefectural ArchivesInstalled inside.
Regional base facility
- Comunale(Urawa Ward)
- Saitama City Citizen Activity Support Center
- SaitamaInternational Tourism Association International Exchange Center
- Plaza North (Kita Ward)
- Plaza west(Sakura Ward)
- South peer(South area)
- Plaza east(Midori Ward)
Branch / citizen window
Prefectural public corporation
Wide area administration
- Saitama City Boat Racing Association : With Hanno City, Kasu City, Honjo City, Higashimatsuyama City, Sayama City, Kasugabe City, Hanyu City, Konosu City, Fukaya City, Ueo City, Soka City, Koshigaya City, Iruma City, Asaka CityBoat Race TodaAtboat raceWe are jointly conducting office work related to the holding of.
- Saitama Urawa Horse Racing Association : With Saitama PrefectureUrawa RacecourseAtHorse racingWe are jointly conducting office work related to the holding of.
- Business consignment
- Saitama Prefectural Saitama Gakuen : Child independence support facilityIs outsourced to Saitama Prefecture.
In Saitama City, more than 80% of employees are in the commercial / service industry, etc.Tertiary industryEngaged in.This composition ratio is almost the same as that of the government-designated city and the entire Tokyo special wards.Compared to Saitama prefecture as a whole and all over JapanManufacturing industryThe composition ratio ofService industryThe composition ratio of is large.市街地にはIn the cityTechno City UrawaData centers such as Iwatsuki Industrial Park and Yoshinohara Industrial Park are located in the suburbs.
- Chamber of commerce
- * For companies that have their headquartersCategory: Companies in Saitama CitySee also
- Financial institution
- Saitama Resona Bank(Saitama CityDesignated financial institution) Main store
- Musashino Bank(Saitama CityDesignated proxy financial institution) Main store
- Mitsubishi UFJ BankUrawa Branch, Omiya Branch, Minamiurawa Branch
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking CorporationUrawa Branch, Omiya Branch, Musashi Urawa Branch
- Mizuho BankUrawa Branch, Omiya Branch, Musashi Urawa Branch, Minami Urawa Branch
- Tokyo Star BankUrawa branch, Omiya branch
- Gunma BankUrawa Branch, Omiya Branch, Yono Branch, Musashi Urawa Branch
- Ashikaga BankUrawa branch, Omiya branch
- Towa BankUrawa branch, Omiya branch
- Joyo BankSaitama branch (located inside Ashikaga Bank Omiya branch)
- Major companies with headquarters
- Research institute etc.
- Mitsubishi MaterialsGeneral office (Omiya Ward)
- LotteCentral Research Laboratory / Urawa Factory (Minami Ward)
- ADEKAUrawa Development Institute (Minami Ward)
- Taisho PharmaceuticalGeneral Research Institute, Omiya Factory (Kita-ku)
- KonishiUrawa Research Institute / Basic Research Institute (Sakura Ward)
- Special corporation
- Japan Pension ServiceNorth Kanto / Shinetsu Block Headquarters (Urawa Ward)
- Urawa Pension Office (Urawa Ward)
- Omiya Pension Office (Kita Ward)
- East Nippon Telegraph and TelephoneSaitama Branch (Urawa Ward)
- Japan Tobacco Inc.North Kanto Branch (Omiya Ward)
- Commerce and Industry Association Chuo BankSaitama Branch (Urawa Ward)
- Japan Finance CorporationSaitama Branch (Omiya Ward), Urawa Branch (Urawa Ward)
- Japan Post Co., Ltd.Kanto branch office (Chuo-ku)
- Japan FoundationJapanese International Center(Urawa Ward)
- Car accident prevention mechanismSaitama Branch (Urawa Ward)
- Labor Health and Welfare OrganizationSaitama Occupational Health Promotion Center (Urawa Ward)
- Urban regeneration mechanismSaitama Regional Branch (Minami Ward)
- Water Resources OrganizationHeadquarters (Chuo Ward)
- General Technology Center (Sakura Ward)
- MintSaitama branch office (Omiya Ward)
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Consumption Safety Technology Center(Chuo-ku)
- Independent administrative agency(National Research and Development Agency）
- National Agriculture and Food Research InstituteAgricultural Technology Innovation Engineering Research Center (Kita-ku)
- Union company
- Saitama Doctor Credit Union(Urawa Ward)
- National Co-operative Federation(South area)
- Saitama Agricultural Cooperative(Minuma Ward)
- Co-op Mirai(South area)
Main commercial facilities
- Isetan Urawa store
- Urawa Corso
- Urawa Parco
- Maruhiro Department Store Minamiurawa Store
- TakashimayaOmiya store
- Sogo Omiya store
- Omiya Arche
- LUMINE Omiya store
- Ecute Omiya
- Omiya Station West Exit DOM Shopping Center
- Stella Town
- Cocoon City
- Viva Mall Saitama New Urban Center
- AEON MALL Yono
- AEON MALL Urawamisono
- Aeon Omiya store
- Unicus Urawaien
- Royal Pines Hotel Urawa
- Urawa Washington Hotel
- Palace Hotel Omiya
- Hotel Metropolitan Saitama Shintoshin
Elementary and junior high schools, high schools, special needs schools, etc.Category: Schools in Saitama CitySee.
National University Corporation
- Saitama University(Sakura Ward)
- Juntendo University(Midori Ward,2024Plans to open the Graduate School of Medicine <Saitama Campus> and the Faculty of Nursing of the University, adjacent to the Saitama International Advanced Medical Center <tentative name> attached to the Faculty of Medicine)
- Keio UniversityFaculty of Pharmacy Urawa Kyoritsu Campus (Midori Ward, used only for club activities and student training in the faculty. There is an attached medicinal botanical garden on the campus)
- Shibaura Institute of TechnologyOmiya Campus (Minuma Ward, 1st and 2nd grades of Faculty of Engineering and Design Engineering, all grades of Faculty of Systems Science and Engineering)
- Urawa University(Midori Ward)
- Mejiro UniversityIwatsuki Campus (Iwatsuki Ward, Mejiro University Otoscience Research Institute Clinic on campus)
- Nihon UniversityFaculty of LawOmiya Ground (Minuma Ward, abolished classes on this campus in March 2009, leaving some physical education practical subjects. Only the ground is used)
- University of Human Arts and SciencesIwatsuki Campus / Hasuda Campus (Iwatsuki Ward, the location of the Hasuda Campus, which is the headquarters, belongs to Iwatsuki Ward)
- Japan Red Cross College of NursingSaitama Faculty of Nursing Omiya Campus (Chuo-ku)
- Open UniversitySaitama Learning Center (Omiya Ward)
- Kokusai Gakuin Saitama Junior College(Omiya Ward)
- Urawa University Junior College(Midori Ward)
- Saitama Kaikan(Urawa Ward)
- Saitama City Cultural Center(South area)
- Saitama Civic Center Urawa(Urawa Ward, temporarily closed)
- Saitama Civic Center Omiya(Omiya Ward)
- Saitama Civic Center Iwatsuki(Iwatsuki Ward)
- Omiya Sonic City(Omiya Ward)
- Saitama Super Arena(Chuo-ku)
- Newspaper company
- TV station
- FM radio station
- Community FM station
- CityFM Saitama(REDS WAVE)
- Cable TV
- J: COM Saitama / East Japan
Saitama City is one citySecondary medical area(Saitama Health and Medical Area) is composed.
- Saitama City Hospital(Midori Ward)
- Saitama Citizens Medical Center(Nishi-ward)
- Saitama Medical Center(Urawa Ward)
- Juntendo UniversitySaitama International Advanced Medical Center attached to the Faculty of Medicine (tentative name: Midori Ward, scheduled to open in 2024)
- Saitama Red Cross Hospital-Saitama Children's Medical Center(Chuo-ku)
- Saitama Medical Center, Jichi Medical School(Omiya Ward)
- Medical association
- Saitama Medical Association
- Saitama Dental Association
- Saitama Pharmacist Association
- Urawa Medical Association
- Omiya Medical Association
- Saitama City Yono Medical Association
- Iwatsuki Medical Association
- Saitama Central Post Office(Minami Ward) --Jurisdiction over Minami Ward and Midori Ward
- Saitama Shintoshin Post Office(Chuo Ward) --Jurisdiction over Urawa Ward, Omiya Ward, Chuo Ward, Sakura Ward
- Omiya Post Office(Kita Ward) --Jurisdiction over Minuma Ward (including within own station)
- Omiya Nishi Post Office(Kita Ward) --Jurisdiction over Nishi Ward and Kita Ward (excluding the Omiya Post Office)
- Iwatsuki Post Office(Iwatsuki Ward) --Jurisdiction over Iwatsuki Ward
- Shin Iwatsuki Post Office(Iwatsuki Ward, General Branch)
サ ッ カ ー
Saitama City is centered around the former Urawa City areaサ ッ カ ーIt is also a thriving city.Placed near the current Saitama City HallSaitama Normal School(AfterSaitama UniversityFaculty of Education)1937National Junior High School Soccer Tournament (laterNational High School Soccer Championship), And the victory flag crossed the mountain of Hakone for the first time (onceKansai regionBecause the national convention was held in).Since then, from the 1950s to the 1970sUrawa High School-Urawa Nishi High School-Urawa City High School-Urawa South High SchoolConquered the whole country one after another,Shizuoka,HiroshimaWithSoccer Three HousesWas called.
As of 2021, as a professional soccer club based in Saitama city, boysJ LeagueBelongs to Part 1 (J1)Urawa Red Diamonds, Belongs to Part 2 (J2)Omiya Ardija, All girlsWE LeagueBelongs toMitsubishi Heavy Industries Urawa Reds Ladies,Omiya Ardija VENTUSThere is.In particularMitsubishi Heavy Industries Soccer ClubUrawa Red Diamonds, whose predecessor isAFC Champions LeagueIt is a strong club that won twice (the only one in Japan).The match between Urawa Red Diamonds and Omiya Ardija is "Saitama Derby(It will not be held from 2018 to 2021. From now on, the match between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Urawa Reds Ladies and Omiya Ardija VENTUS will also be called "Saitama Derby").In addition, Saitama City is the only city that has three soccer stadiums with J1 standards or higher.
2002IsFIFA World CupAs the Saitama venue, 4 games including the first match and semi-final match of the Japanese national team will be held in Midori WardSaitama Stadium 2002Made in.2020 Tokyo OlympicsWill also be used in.
- Japan Professional Soccer League(J League)
- Japan Women's Professional Soccer League(WE League)
- Kanto Soccer League
- Saitama Soccer League
- (2nd division)
- Saitama Women's Soccer League
- Urawa Motobuto Ladies FC(Women's soccer club aiming to enter the Nadeshiko League)
In the citybaseballThere are also four prefectural and municipal baseball stadiums.high school baseballInSelected high school baseball tournament10 times,National High School Baseball Championship13 times, the most in the prefecture (23 times in total)KoshienThe number of tournament appearancesUrawagakuin High SchoolIs located,2013Urawagakuin High School1968ToOmiya Technical High SchoolHas won the national championship in the selected high school baseball tournament.
Adult baseballEven in the business teamNippon ExpressSince the Urawa City eraCity competition baseball tournament45 times,Japan ChampionshipHas participated in 20 times1964ToSaitama PrefectureWon the first Intercity Baseball Tournament,1994Is known as a powerful player in the Minami-Kantou area, having won the Japan Championships.Also,Club teamThen.All Urawa Baseball Team All Japan Club Baseball ChampionshipTo1976Has achieved three consecutive victories since the first tournament.Before the warOmiya Town"Zen Omiya" based in1932Participated in the Intercity Baseball Tournament for 5 consecutive years1935-1936He played an active part in advancing to the semi-finals for the second consecutive year.
- Japan Baseball Organization(reference:Japanese professional baseball）
- Japan Baseball Federation(Adult baseball)
- Women's professional baseball
basketballabout,B3.LEAGUEBelongingSaitama Broncos Ofhome townBesides2006May 8からMay 9Until,FIBABasketball world championshipFinal roundChuo-ku OfSaitama Super ArenaIt was done at.For girls, it is now abandoned,Japan LeagueWas also participating in the warNippon Express Dears UrawaWas based in.Also,2017Than degreeEmperor's Cup / Empress's Cup All Japan Basketball ChampionshipThe final round of is being held at Saitama Super Arena.
- T League(T Premier League/Men's)
- TT Saitama(The entire area of Saitama Prefecture is the home town, but the home town center activity area)
Sports Literature Award
In 1994, Saitama City took advantage of the image of a city where sports are popular.Saitama City Sports Literature Award(At the beginning, the "Urawa Sports Literature Award" was established. Now it is over).A literary award that solicits novels and essays on sports from all over the country, and was held every other year until 2010.In addition, he published a collection of works "SPORTS STORIES" that summarizes the works of the winners every time.
サ ッ カ ー
- Saitama Stadium 2002(Urawa Reds Home Stadium)
- Saitama City Komaba Stadium(Urawa Reds Home Stadium)
- Saitama City Ohara Soccer Field(Urawa Reds dedicated practice area)
- Saitama City Omiya Park Soccer Field(Omiya Ardija Home Stadium)
- (Omiya Ardija practice field, formerly known as "Saitama City Takagi Soccer Field")
- Saitama City Komaba Sports Park Auxiliary Stadium
- Saitama Prefectural Omiya Park Baseball Field
- Saitama Municipal Omiya Stadium
- Saitama Municipal Urawa Stadium
- Saitama City Iwatsuki Kawadori Park Baseball Field(Yamabuki Stadium)
- Lotte Urawa Stadium(Chiba Lotte Marines 2 Army Baseball Stadium)
- Saitama Super Arena
- Saitama City Memorial Gymnasium(One of Saitama Broncos / TT Saitama Home Arena)
- Urawa Komaba Gymnasium(Grand SumoEntering Saitama place)
- Urawa West Gymnasium
- Yono Gymnasium
- Omiya Gymnasium
- Omiya Budokan
- Urawa General Sports Ground
- Arakawa Sports Park
- Shirakobato Water Park(Most of the site is located in Iwatsuki Ward)
- Numakage citizen pool
- Harayama citizen pool
- Urawa Racecourse
- Omiya Velodrome
Main cultural property
City designatedList of cultural properties designated by Saitama CitySee also
- Tajimagahara Sakurasou's own fabric(country'sSpecial Natural Monument）
- Minuma Tsusenbori(country'sHistoric site）
- Shinfukuji shell mound(Historic site of the country)
- Yono's Great Kaya(country'sNatural treasure）
- Urawa Museum of Traditional HousesExhibition Building: Former Urawa City Agricultural Cooperative Mimuro Branch Warehouse (National)Registered tangible cultural property）
- Futakiya: OldEizo KobayashiHouse Main house / gate and fence (nationally registered tangible cultural property)
- Hosofuchi family house owner, nagayamon (nationally registered tangible cultural property)
- Higashitama Taishokan: Former Nakai Bank Iwatsuki Branch (nationally registered tangible cultural property)
- Saitama City Iwatsuki Folk Museum: Former Iwatsuki Police Station main government building / attached government building and performance hall / attached bulletin board (nationally registered tangible cultural property)
- Uchiki Sake BreweryStore / main house / detached (nationally registered tangible cultural property)
- Saitama Prefecture Administrative Documents(country'sImportant cultural property）
- Iwatsuki CastleRuins (Iwatsuki Castle Ruins Park) (Prefectural designated historic site)
- DaimonjukuHonjin front gate (prefecture designated historic site)
- Baba Komuroyama Ruins(Prefectural designated historic site)
- Transition Hall(Prefectural designated historic site)
- Tomb Otsuka Kofun(Prefectural designated historic site)
- Motobutohikawa Shrine(Tangible cultural property designated by the prefecture)
- Hikawa Nyotai Shrine(Tangible cultural property designated by the prefecture)
- Kotobuki CastleRuins (prefectural designated historic site)
- Hisaizu ShrineLarge Sakaki (prefectural designated natural monument)
- AobaenFuji (prefectural designated natural monument)
- Cho Shrine(City designated tangible cultural property)
- Tamazoin(City designated tangible cultural property)
- Kichijoji(City designated tangible cultural property)
- Okuma family front gate (formerlyUrawajukuHonjin Omotesando) (City-designated tangible cultural property)
- Jionji Temple(XNUMX Bando12th bill place)
- Jokokuji Temple
- Ryogaya Castlesite
- Matoriyama Castlesite
Nearby Tourist Spots
- Kita Urawa Park
- Omiya Park(Hikawa ShrineAdjacent to)
- Saitama Stadium 2002 Park
- Akigase Park(Sai Lake）
- Komaba Sports Park(Urawa Komaba StadiumIs located)
- Bessho-numa Park(Urawa painterBase / Hyacinth House)
- Yono Park(The rose garden is located)
- Minuma Tsusenbori Park
- Urawa Memorial Park(Urawa RacecourseUchibaba)
- Osaki Park
- Iwatsuki Cultural Park
- Merger Memorial Minuma Park
- Sagiyama Memorial Park-Minuma Nature Park
- Keyaki open space
- Akiha no Mori Comprehensive Park
- Saitama Prefectural Museum of Modern Art
- Urawa Museum of Art
- Saitama City Manga Museum
- Saitama City Omiya Bonsai Art Museum
- Saitama Prefectural Museum of History and Folklore
- Saitama City Museum
- Saitama City Urawa Museum
- Saitama City Urawa Museum of Traditional Houses
- Former Bando Family Residence Minuma Living Building
- Mint Museum Saitama
- Railway museum
- Sai no Kuni Saitama Arts Theater
- Saitama City Youth Space Science Museum
- Saitama City Space Theater
- Urawa Traditional Culture Center Kyokeikan
- Red voltage
Festivals and events
- Saitama City Fireworks Festival --It will be held at three venues: Urawa, Omiya, and Iwatsuki.
- Saitama International Marathon ――In addition to selecting women's marathon representatives for international competitions, the start and goal points will be in the new city center and will go through Saitama Stadium.
- Saitama Triennale --Art event held in 2016.The next festival was scheduled to be held in March-May 2020 as the "Saitama International Arts Festival", but it was canceled due to the outbreak of the new coronavirus infection.
- Tour de France Saitama Criterium - Tour de FranceHeld in Saitama New Urban Center to commemorate the 100th anniversary.
- Saitama City International Fureai Fair --Held at Urawa Station East Exit Citizen's Square.
- Primrose festival - Tajimagahara(country'sSpecial Natural Monument)PrimroseConducted after.The venue isSaitama City Hall(East Square) andSakuraso Park.
- Urawa Unagi Festival
- Urawa Festival --Every July, the Urawa Yosakoi and Urawa Dance Tournaments are held around Urawa Station and Minami-Urawa Station.
- Twelve days town --Kumate City held at Tsuki Shrine.Every year, 15 people and more than XNUMX stalls fill the area along Nakasendo.
- Rose Festival--Every May,Yono ParkHeld in.
- Minuma TsusenboriLock gate opening and closing demonstration-Every August, the lock gate of the national historic site Minuma Tsusenbori opens and closes and passes by a restored ship..
- Kitaurawa Awa Odori Tournament
- Taisho era festival-held at Yono stop street.
- Large bonsai festival
- Oyu Festival (Tokaichi) --Every December 12thHikawa ShrineIt will be held in
- Omiya Summer Festival-Every August, the venues are around Omiya Station and Nisshin Tanabata Dori.Mikoshi,FloatWill be unveiled.
- Railway Town Omiya Railway Fureai Fair --JR East on the 5th Saturday of May every yearOmiya General Rolling Stock Center(JR FreightOmiya vehicle station(Including), a public event of railway facilities held in and around Omiya Station. Since 2014, Saitama City has also been held as an organizer..
- Yono Summer Festival-held on Honmachi-dori in July.
- Collaboration Saitama- Saitama Chamber of CommerceSponsoredTrade fair.
- Iwatsuki Castle Ruins Park Cherry Blossom Festival --- Illuminated as one of the prefecture's leading cherry blossom viewing spots.
- Iwatsuki's old-fashioned bales (nationalImportant intangible folk cultural properties）
- Doll Town Iwatsuki Festival-Held every August around the east exit of Iwatsuki Station.
- Urawaeel(Urawa is an eelHagi YakiIt is said to be the birthplace, and many long-established stores from the Edo period remain.Eel FestivalIs being held)
- Omiyabonsai(In Kita Ward, a group of bonsai companies moved to the area during the Great Kanto Earthquake.Bonsai villageThere is)
- Iwatsuki doll(Hina doll) (The center of Iwatsuki Ward has long been famous as a "doll town".Traditional crafts designated by the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry）
- cake(According to the Annual Report of Household Survey, Statistics Bureau, Management and Coordination Agency <1998-2000 average>), the annual cake purchase amount per household in the former Urawa city was the highest in the whole country, so Saitama ChuoJunior Chamber(Saitama Chuo JC)Cake town Saitama", And holds an event related to cakes every year to revitalize the city with cakes. ) In addition, pasta consumption is also the highest in the country.
- sweet potato(Red and redIt is,Urawa-kuKizaki is the birthplace)
- arrowhead(Midori Ward and Iwatsuki Ward are the leading production areas in Japan)
- shallot(Iwatsuki Ward says "Iwatsuki green onionsKnown as the production center ofRakugoof"TarachineAppears in)
- Tofu ramen (Ramen with tofu and minced bean paste. It is said to be a local ramen in Saitama prefecture)
- Railway line
JTB publishing,Kotsu Shimbun(Excluding "Tokyo Timetable" which does not have the symbol of the prefecture representative station)TimetableThe representative stations of prefectures and cities in Japan are the closest stations to the prefectural office and city hall.Urawa StationIt has become.For the first time in the present Saitama city areaTrainWas opened in 1883 (Meiji 16), the only one in the current city area.Railway stationUrawa Station opened as (Japan Railway OfUeno Station - Kumagaya Stationwhile).Also, on March 1885, 18 (Meiji 3)Omiya StationWas installed.After that, due to the opening of new railway lines and the opening of new stations, the number of lines and stations passing through the current Saitama city area gradually increased, and 4 passenger railway lines operated by four operators.[Annotation 8] And there are 31 railway stations.Of these, Omiya Station, Urawa Station,Minami Urawa Station-Saitama Shintoshin Station-Musashi Urawa Station-Kitaurawa Station6 stations are ranked in the top 100 in the passenger ranking of JR East.
Many passenger railway lines run north-south,Tokyo metropolitan areaIt has a radial line in.Especially south of Omiya Station, Keihin Tohoku Line, Utsunomiya Line,Ueno Tokyo Line,Shonan Shinjuku LineIt has three double tracks, and many trains are in operation.Even north of Omiya Station, the Utsunomiya Line and Takasaki Line play an important role as access routes to the city center.On the other hand, in the northern part of the city as a circular line in the Tokyo metropolitan areaTobu Noda Line(Tobu Urban Park Line) and JRKawagoe LineBut JR in the southMusashino LineHowever, they lead in the east-west direction.
- East Japan Railway(JR East)
- Omiya Station
- Omiya Station
- Urawa Station-Saitama Shintoshin Station-Omiya Station- Miyahara Station
- Minami-Urawa Station-Urawa Station-Kita-Urawa Station- Yono Station --Saitama Shintoshin Station --Omiya Station
- Tobu Noda Line(Tobu Urban Park Line)
- Saitama high-speed railway line(Saitama Stadium Line)
- Ina Line(New Shuttle)
- Vehicle factoryDepot
After the establishment of Omiya Station on March 1885, 18 (Meiji 3), Nippon Railway, which did not have its own factory for inspection and maintenance of large-scale vehicles and construction, Ueno Station- Aomori StationTaking advantage of all the communication between1894(Meiji 27) The rolling stock factory established on the north side of Omiya Station on December 12 is nowJR EastOmiya General Rolling Stock CenterandJR freightOmiya vehicle stationIs..A vehicle factory with a long history that is still operating locally, more than 120 years after its opening."Railway Town" OmiyaThe central facility of And greatly contributed to the development of the city[Annotation 9]..The nickname has not changed since 2001, when the former Omiya City became Saitama City, and since 2014 Saitama City has co-sponsored the "Railway Town Omiya Railway Fureai Fair" with the Omiya General Rolling Stock Center.[Annotation 10] Is co-sponsored by Omiya Vehicle Station.
In addition to the above, the vehicle bases in Saitama City are as follows.
- East Japan Railway (JR East)
- Omiya General Rolling Stock Center(Honjo, north of Omiya Station)
- Saitama Vehicle Center<Miyasai> (former Urawa train ward <Miyaura>, south of Minamiurawa station)
- Japan Freight Railway(JR Freight)
- Omiya vehicle station(Attached to the main office of Omiya General Rolling Stock Center)
- Saitama High Speed Rail
- Urawa Misono vehicle depot(North of Urawa Misono Station)
Bus / shared taxi
Private buses operate throughout the city.There are many Kokusai Kogyo Bus in the southern and central parts of the city, Seibu Bus in the northwest, and Tobu Bus West in the northeast, and most of the bus routes areRailway stationIs the starting and ending point.
Public transport(Municipal bus) Is not operated, but there is a community bus that is outsourced to a private bus operator that has a business office in the city and the city subsidizes part of the operating cost.
The boarding method is a post-ride, pre-get-off, and post-payment method, and the fare is a section system based on a numbered ticket method.PASMO-SuicaMany bus operators can use (contactless IC fare cards), and some bus operators can use coupon tickets (Kokusai Kogyo Bus, etc.).However, discounts will not be applied to non-cash payments in 100-yen uniform sections (such as around Urawa Station).
The businesses operating in the city are shown below.A shared taxi is not guided as a bus, and although the service contractor is not a bus company but a taxi company, it is collectively taken up here as a public transportation system that operates on a set route on time.
- Kokusai Kogyo Bus
- Tobu Bus West
- Seibu Bus
- Asahi Motor Corporation
- Maruken Tsubasa Transportation --Commonly known as "Ken-chan Bus". IC cards such as PASMO and Suica cannot be used.
- Japan Taro's --City route suspension on July 2018, 30 (Heisei 7).. IC cards such as PASMO and Suica could not be used.
Community bus / shared taxi
- Saitama City Community Bus
- Seibu Community Bus-Seibu Bus
- Minuma Ward Community Bus, Minami Ward Community Bus, Sakura Ward Community Bus-Kokusai Kogyo Bus
- Kita Ward Community Bus, Iwatsuki Ward Community Bus --Tobu Bus West
- Saitama City shared taxi
- Nishi-ku Sashiogi district shared taxi "Hydrangea" --Sashiogi traffic
- Kita-ku Yoshino-cho district shared taxi "Miyahara Nakayoshi" --Omiya Motor
- Minuma Ward Osato East District Shared Taxi "Minuma", Minuma Ward Katayanagi West District Shared Taxi "Kawasemi" --Minuma Transportation
- Iwatsuki Ward Wado District Shared Taxi "Rainbow" --Third Transportation
- Iwatsuki Ward Namiki / Kakura District Shared Taxi "Rakuraku" --Saitama Welfare Service (Ohara Transportation)
Street in Saitama citySee also.Roads with sections with common names in the city are listed in parentheses.In addition, not all sections in the city have a common name.
Expressways and toll roads
- East Japan Expressway(NEXCO East Japan)
- E4 Tohoku Expressway
- C3 Tokyo Outer Ring Road
- Gaikan Urawa IC(Actually located in Kawaguchi City)
- Shuto Expressway
- Saitama Omiya Line
- Saitama Shintoshin Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road Corporation
General national road
- National Route 16(Tokyo Loop)
- National Route 17(Nakasendo）
- National Route 122(Iwatsuki Highway）
- National Route 298(Outer ring）
- National Route 463(Koshiya Highway, Nikko Onari Highway, Old Nakasendo, Prefectural Office Street, Nakasendo Street, Saitama Street)
* Up to No. 90Main local road, 103 and later are general prefectural roads.
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 1 Saitama Kawaguchi Line(Second industrial road）
- Branch line (Nishitaka-dori)
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 2 Saitama Kasugabe Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 3 Saitama Kurihashi Line(Oguri Line)
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 5 Saitama Shobu Line(Second industrial road)
- Saitama Prefecture Route 34 Saitama Soka Line(Prefectural Office Street, Hinode Street, Minami Odori, Industrial Road)
- Saitama Prefectural Road 35 Kawaguchi Ageo Line(Industrial road）
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 40 Saitama Higashimurayama Line(Shiki Kaido)
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 48 Koshigaya Iwatsuki Line
- Saitama Prefecture Route 56 Saitama Fujimi Nokorozawa Line(East-West Main Street, Nakasendo, South Main Street)
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 57 Saitama Konosu Line(New Rokuma Road）
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 65 Saitama Kote Line(OldNakasendo・ Urataka Street ・Nikko Onari Kaido）
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 79 Asaka Warabi Line(Shiki Kaido)
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 80 Noda Iwatsuki Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 90 Omiya Stop Line(Former Nakasendo)
- Saitama Prefectural Road 103 Yasuyuki Yoshiba Tokyo Line(Anko Kaido)
- Saitama Prefectural Road 105 Saitama Hatogaya Line(Nikko Onari Kaido)
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 118 Kitaurawa Stop Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 119 Yono Stop Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 120 Kamikizaki Yono Stop Line(Nishitaka Street)
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 121 Omiya Stop Taisei Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road 144 Higashiomiya Stop Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 154 Hasuda Sugito Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 155 Saitama Musashi Hill Forest Park Bicycle Road Line(Saitama Street / Arakawa Bicycle Path)
- Saitama Prefectural Road 159 Saitama Kitabukuro Line(Akayama Higashi-dori)
- Saitama Prefectural Road 164 Konosu Okegawa Saitama Line(Former Nakasendo)
- Saitama Prefectural Road 165 Oyahongo Saitama Line(Honmachi-dori / Shinrokukan Road)
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 213 Magamoto Saitama Line(Tajima-dori, former Nakasendo)
- Saitama Prefectural Road 214 Shinkata Suga Saitama Line(Old Nakasendo / Nakasendo)
- Saitama Prefectural Road 215 Muneoka Saitama Line(Saitama Dori / Hachiman Dori)
- Saitama Prefectural Road 216 Ueno Saitama Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 235 Oma Kibuchi Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road 255 Adachi Saitama Bicycle Path Line(Shibakawa Bicycle Path)
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 322 East Gate Hasuda Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 324 Gamo Iwatsuki Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 325 Onojima Koshigaya Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road 381 Todaimon Yasuyuki Nishitateno Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 382 Hayase Saitama Line(The city overlaps with No. 79)
- Saitama Prefectural Road No. 398 Owada Stop Line
- Saitama Prefectural Road 399 Iwatsuki Stop Line
City planning road
- Dojo Sanmuro Line
- Tajima Omaki Line(Shiki Kaido / Hinode Dori)
- Machiya Motota Line(City Hall Street / Koshigaya Highway)
- Minamiura Wakoshiya Line
- Otaniba Takagi Line
Sister cities/partner cities
- FukushimaMinamiaizu DistrictMinamiaizu
- NiigataMinamiuonuma City
- GunmaTone-gunMinakami Town
- ChibaMinamiboso(Dissolved friendship city tie-up on March 2008, 3, friendship continues)
- Toluca city(Mexico）
- Zhengzhou(People's Republic of China）
- Hamilton City(New Zealand）
- Richmond City(The United States of America）
- Nanaimo City(British columbia）
- Pittsburgh City(United States of America)
There are the following operating facilities centered on sister cities.
- Saitama City Tateiwa Shonen Nature House (Minamiaizu Town)
- Hotel Nango Sayuriso (Minamiaizu Town)
- Shinji Family Land (Minakami Town)
Celebrity / person with a connection
* The person recommended as an honorary citizen in the old city isSaitama City Honorary CitizenIs automatically inherited as.
- Person honored as an honorary citizen by Saitama City
- Isamu Ihara -YuanYono CityChief (8th -12th, final) Former Saitama Mayor Duty Executor ・ Efforts to establish Saitama City through the merger of 3 cities
- Takahiro Shindo -YuanOmiya cityChief (16th-18th, final), advocating ordinance-designated urbanization by merger
- --Former Saitama PrefectureChamber of commercePresident and Founder of the Federation
- Soichi Aikawa -YuanUrawaChief (18th-20th, final), former Mayor of Saitama (2st, XNUMXnd), Saitama City realized ordinance-designated urbanization
- Hikaru Matsunaga --Former Minister of Education Former Minister of Finance Former Minister of International Trade and Industry
- Person nominated as an honorary citizen by the former Urawa city
- Yasuo Takahashi --Former Mayor of Urawa (5st and XNUMXth generation)
- Kotano Denzo --Former Mayor of Urawa (2nd generation)
- Kana Hasegawa --The haiku poet / haiku nameKanajo Hasegawa
- To Matsunaga -YuanChairman of the House of Representatives・ Former Minister of Education Former Minister of Finance Former Minister of International Trade and Industry Hikaru Matsunaga's adoptive father
- Sojiro Aikawa --Former Urawa Mayor (3rd generation) ・ Former Urawa Mayor Former Saitama Mayor Soichi Aikawa's grandfather
- --Former Saitama PrefectureMedical associationPresident
- --Former Mayor of Urawa (10th and 11th generations)
- --The fairy tale writer and pseudonym is Yoriyama Naganuma
- Hiro Kurihara -YuanGovernor of Saitama Prefecture(45th-48th)
- Yuichi Osawa --Former Governor of Saitama Prefecture (43rd and 44th generations)
- Kyosuke Nagashima -YuanSaitama BankHead
- Makoto Takada - Western painter(Urawa painter）
- --Former Urawa Mayor (12th and 13th generations) ・ Former Urawa Mayor Former Saitama Mayor Soichi Aikawa's father
- Hatawa --Former Governor of Saitama Prefecture (49th --53rd)
- Masuda Mitsuo --Craftsman (metal engraving) Human national treasure(Holders of important intangible cultural properties)
- Takeo Watanabe --Western painter (Urawa painter)
- Kenkichi Nakagawa --Former Mayor of Urawa (14th--17th)
- A person recommended by the former Omiya City as an honorary citizen
- Kitazawa Rakuten --Mangaka, called "the ancestor of modern Japanese manga" 
- Kinji Kawashima --Journalist Former member of the House of Representatives, founded Omiya Yukansha
- --Former Mayor of Omiya ・ Efforts to open Omiya Station and Omiya General Vehicle Center
- Mutsunosuke Kato --Former Mayor of Omiya (3rd generation)
- --Missionary Early Childhood Educator, Only Foreigner and Female Honorary Citizen (from USA)
- --Former Chairman of the Omiya Town Council, Efforts to Open Keihin Tohoku Line
- --Former Saitama Prefectural Assembly Chairman, Former Mayor of Omiya, Takahiro Shindo's father
- --Former Omiya TownAssistant
- Goroku Imai --Former Mayor of Omiya (4st and XNUMXth generation)
- --Former Mayor of Omiya (5th and 6th generations), the first mayor of Omiya in the public election system, and the merger of 6 neighboring villages into Omiya City
- --Former Mayor of Omiya (7rd generation)
- --Former Mayor of Omiya, Omiya Town and 4 neighboring villages merged and city system enforced
- --Former Saitama Prefectural Assembly ChairmanArakawaIt is called "Jisuiou" because of its efforts in the hydraulic engineering business.
- -YuanMusashino BankHead
- --Former Mayor of Omiya (8th--12th)
- Kenji Fukunaga --Former Chairman of the House of Representatives
- Ryuji Mabashi --Former Mayor of Omiya (13th--15th)
- Person recommended as an honorary citizen by the former Yono City
- A person recommended as an honorary citizen by the former Iwatsuki City
- --Former Mayor of Iwatsuki (3st generation--XNUMXrd generation)
- --Former Vice Chairman of Saitama Prefectural Assembly, Former Deputy Mayor of Iwatsuki Town
- --The Japanese-style painter, Gagô
Citizen's Honor Award
* The person who was commended for the Citizen's Honor Award in the old citySaitama Citizen's Honor Award WinnerIs automatically inherited as.
- Person who was commended by Saitama City for Citizen's Honor Award
- Person who was commended by the former Omiya City for the Citizen's Honor Award
- Person who was commended by the former Yono City for the Citizen's Honor Award
Works set in Saitama City
- Novels, etc.
- Ah, receive flowers in the ball cup(Sato red green) --Set in the old Urawa Junior High School.
- Battlefield of B() --Set in a city hotel in Saitama New Urban Center.
- The madness of the gods(Seicho Matsumoto) --In Urawa TownPrefectural Police HeadquartersAppears.
- youth(Mori Ogai) --Omiya was invited by a friend to go out.
- 1Q84(Haruki Murakami) --Ushikawa appears as the son of a wealthy doctor in Urawa.
- Themis sword(Nakayama Shichiri)- Urawa stationThe detective is the main character.
- Ride the non-chan cloud(Momoko Ishii) --Children's literature work.The stage uses the shrines and ponds of the former Urawa Town, where the author Ishii played when he was young.
- Shasei Journey (Torahiko Terada) --A memorandum of Torahiko Terada's visit to Omiya Park for sketching is written.
- All about Hiroshi Tanaka --The main character lives in Saitama City.
- 5 Centimeters Per Second(Xin Haicheng) --Saikyo Line train, Musashi-Urawa station, Omiya station, Utsunomiya line train will appear.
- Tamae's Super High(Shinichiro Ueda)- Yoshimoto KogyoThis is a "community-oriented movie" set in Saitama City.
- Manga anime
- Eleven of red blood(Ikki Kajiwara)- サ ッ カ ーManga and anime works.Urawa South High SchoolIs the stage ("New High School" in the work).
- Urawa no Tone --Anime work.Set in the Urawa area.The names of the main characters are derived from the place names of the districts.
- Aim for Ace!(Sumika Yamamoto)- TennisCartoon.The school from which the author, Sumika Yamamoto, came from.Urawa Nishi High SchoolIs the stage model (the stage of the anime / drama version is "Kanagawa Prefectural Nishi High School").
- Wear big(Higuchi Asa)- baseballCartoon.A model set in Urawa Nishi High School, the school from which the original author was born ("Nishiura High School" in the work. The location of the high school is "Ayano City")[Annotation 11] .
- Go! Inaka table tennis club(Furuya Minoru) --Gag manga.Only the former Urawa city and the school building where the author was born, but the model is the junior high school from which he was born ("Inatoyo city" in the work).
- Captain Tsubasa(Yoichi Takahashi)- Urawa City Komaba Athletics Stadium,Omiya Park Soccer FieldAppears.
- J Dream(Natsuko Fence) --Soccer cartoon.In the early days, the main characterUrawa RedsIt was a setting that belonged to.For that reason, the former Urawa city was the stage.
- The Flowers of Evil(Oshimi Shuzo)- pubertyManga and anime works with the theme.In high schoolGunmaThe hero who grew up in Saitama City (Omiya) moves.
- Shakugan no Shana - Light novelIs the original.Anime versionIs a model around Omiya Station ("Misaki City" in the work).
- Weak characters Yuzaki-kun --Original based on a light novel.It is mainly modeled around the city, such as around Omiya Station.
- Shinkansen Deformation Robot Shinkalion THE ANIMATION --Anime work.Railway museumFacilities such as Omiya Elementary School in Saitama City will appear as models.
- Fujilog --Anime work.Minuma WardOwadamachiIs the stage.The actual scenery of the town appears as it is.
- In the air(Asami Kashihara)- astronomicalThemed manga and anime works.Saitama City Youth Space Science Museum,Saitama Municipal Higashiurawa LibraryFacilities such as ("Kosugino City" in the work) became a model.
- Acorn house(Osamu Yamamoto)- social welfareManga and anime works with the theme.School for the disabled, which is the stage of the first part (Special school) Is modeled on Saitama Prefectural Omiya Deaf School (currently Saitama Prefectural Special Needs School Omiya Deaf Academy).
- Nanameru Sambatsu --Manga and anime works based on competition quizzes.Urawa High SchoolIs a model (in the work, Bunko High School).
- Money wars(Soichiro Miyakawa) --A manga work on the theme of stocks set in the Urawa branch of Sanko Securities.
- Yofushi no Uta(Kotoyama) --Manga work.The area around Musashi-Urawa Station will appear as the central stage of the story.
- I fell in love with science, so I tried to prove it.(Ari Fred Yamamoto) --Web comics and anime works.The stage is modeled on Saitama University, the school from which the original author was born (in the work, "National Saitama University").
- Renai Supreme Principle(Kanan Minami) --Manga work.There will be restaurants and bowling alleys around the east exit of Omiya Station, as well as the Omiya Budokan.
- Computer games
- Local Deer Chronicle-May 2016, 5AndroidとiOSRPG released in.The 10 wards in Saitama City are likened to a kingdom in a fictional world..
- Moe book
- Yugi Koromo --The names of the three main characters are taken from the three cities before the merger with Urawa Himeno, Omiya Sakura, and Yono Iorina.
- ^ With the motif of the acronym "S" in Saitama City, the design is based on the image of people and towns moving forward toward the future. By drawing an arc around S, it expresses that the citizens are warmly wrapped and developed together, and that the circle (Japanese) expands and integrates.The basic green color shows harmony with the rich nature represented by Minuma rice fields.
- ^ The westernmost part of the prefecture is "Chichibu districtThe eastern side of the prefecture, that is, the Iruma region and the Hiki region, which are in the central and southern parts of the prefecture, are often called the "western region."
- ^ The city with the largest population in Hiragana notation until the establishment of Saitama CityFukushimaIwakiwas
- ^ Until the establishment of Saitama City, the number of characters was the largest in the locations of Japanese prefectures.TochigiUtsunomiya City,AichiNagoya city,WakayamaWakayama City,KagoshimaKagoshimaIt was three letters.On the contrary, the minimum number of characters is the location of Japanese prefectures.MieTsu CityIt is one character of.
- ^ The Binnuma River, which is the former Arakawa River, is partly on the western border, and part of Nishi Ward is located on the right bank of the Arakawa River.
- ^ Of the former Urawa City Kamikizaki 3-chome and Omiya City Nishikicho, Kishikicho XNUMX-chome, and Kitabukurocho XNUMX-chome, the areas on the west side of the Tohoku Main Line (currently Shintoshin, Chuo-ku).This is the "" in the merger talks of the former three cities.Saitama ShintoshinOut ofSaitama Super Arena・ There was an opinion that the area where the national wide-area joint government building and postal government building are located should be handled so that they are not divided into multiple wards. ”“ It is desirable that (the area) belongs to the administrative district based on the former Yono City). The agreement was taken over by Saitama City, and the area on the west side of the Tohoku Main Line in Saitama Shintoshin was to be integrated into Chuo Ward.
- ^ Ohara XNUMX-chome and XNUMX-chome.
- ^ The number of lines when the Utsunomiya Line, Keihin Tohoku Line, and Saikyo Line are treated as one line each, and the Shonan-Shinjuku Line is not counted as one line.
- ^ NHK broadcast on July 2017, 7 "Bratamori # 77 Omiya-Why did Omiya become a railway town? ~ ” So, this term and the history of the development of the city are introduced, and the Omiya General Rolling Stock Center is also visiting.
- ^ Formerly known as "JR Omiya Railway Fureai Fair", held on the 5th Saturday of May every year.
- ^ Similar to the actual Saitama city, Ayano city is set up by merging four cities. Former Urawa city is "Uranaka city", former Omiya city is "Miyao city", and former Yono city is "Yohara City" and former Iwatsuki City are written as "Ishiki City".
- ^ Population list of prefectures # Estimated population (latest)See
- ^ Saitama City Statistics (XNUMXst year of Reiwa) Saitama City Official Website Viewed on Saturday, September 2020, 9
- ^ Reiwa 2nd year Area adjustment by prefecture, city, ward, town, and village (as of January 1) Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Geospatial Information Authority of Japan official website viewed September 2020, 9
- ^ Saitama City Statistics (27 Edition) "Land and Weather" In the note of the same document, it is explained that the altitude is the lowest and highest in the Saitama City Topographic Map.
- ^ "Changes in the day and night population of Saitama City”. Saitama City. 2021th of February 1Browse.
- ^ Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Statistics Bureau Home Page Archived August 2015, 9, at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ Sankei Shimbun March 2017, 3 Official land price in 22 Rise for the first time in 29 years Residential area The number of industrial areas near Iruma IC is Saitama
- ^ Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Announcement of Land Price / Prefectural Land Price Survey
- ^ "Normal value (value for each year/month)”. Japan Meteorological Agency. Year ending March 2018Browse.
- ^ "Value of 1st to 10th in observation history (value throughout the year)”. Japan Meteorological Agency. Year ending March 2018Browse.
- ^ "Saitama City / Saitama Web / Policy on future division of administrative districts". www.city.saitama.jp. 2020th of February 4Browse.
- ^ Saitama City Homepage "About the use of ward colors and logo marks" Archived August 2014, 4, at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ "Introducing "Flowers of the Ward" in Saitama City / 10 Wards". www.city.saitama.jp. 2020th of February 4Browse.
- ^ Press release by Saitama City "The population of Saitama City has exceeded 130 million."
- ^ 2017 Basic Resident Register Population Migration Report by.Foreigners are not included in this figure.
- ^ Another example of a merger of cities with a population of 30 or moreKitakyushuThere is (1963Of the old 5 cities just before the mergerYawata-OguraHas a population of 30).Another example of a merger of cities with more than 20 peopleShizuoka City(2003Immediately before the merger, (former) Shizuoka City had a population of 40.ShimizuHas a population of 20).Saitama City, Kitakyushu City, and Shizuoka City all moved to government-designated cities as a result of this merger.
- ^ Japan Soccer LeagueFormerly based in Tokyo at that timeMitsubishi Heavy Industries Soccer ClubBecomes a parent and a subsidiaryMitsubishi MotorsTo be the largest shareholder (at that time)Mitsubishi GroupAffiliated companies and leading companies in Saitama Prefecture (mainlySaitamagata Shinkin BankEtc.) ・ Urawa local companies (mainlyEco plan-Asahi Bank(CurrentSaitama Resona Bank) Etc.) and the business world have backed up and launched the professionalization. When the J League was launched in 1993Original 10one of.
- ^ Old in Urawa City at that timeNTT Kanto Soccer Club(Old JFLBelonging to), moved hometown to Omiya City in 1998,NTT (at that time)→NTT East (currently)Beginning withNTT DoCoMo-NTT Data-NTT FacilitiesSuch asNTT GroupAffiliated companiesShimamura,Fuji Pharmaceutical,Musashino BankInfluential companies headquartered in Omiya and Saitama prefectures have invested to become professionals.
- ^ "Illustration of Urawa's History" (1993), pp. 23-25
- ^ "Chapter 2 History of Fujimi". Fujimi. 2017th of February 4Browse.
- ^ 『日本歴史地名大系11 埼玉県の地名』(1993)121、210、219、982頁、田代脩・塩野博・重田正夫・森田武『埼玉県の歴史』(1999)18-19頁、『図説 浦和のあゆみ』(1993)30-34頁
- ^ 『日本歴史地名大系11 埼玉県の地名』(1993)121、219-220、982頁、『図説 浦和のあゆみ』(1993)40-41、52頁
- ^ "Illustration of Urawa's History" (1993), pp. 59, 69
- ^ "Japanese Historical Place Names 11 Saitama Prefecture Place Names" (1993) 121, 220 pages, Tashiro Osamu, Shiono Hiroshi, Shigeta Masao, Morita Takeshi "Saitama Prefecture History" (1999) 78 pages, "Illustration Urawa no Ayumi" ( 1993) 69-page 70
- ^ "Japanese Historical Place Names 11 Place Names in Saitama Prefecture" (1993) 121, 220, 982, "Illustration Urawa no Ayumi" (1993) 73-74
- ^ "Japanese Historical Place Names 11 Place Names in Saitama Prefecture" (1993) p. 121
- ^ "Illustration of Urawa's History" (1993) p. 77
- ^ "Japanese Historical Place Names 11 Place Names in Saitama Prefecture" (1993) p. 983, Osamu Tashiro, Hiroshi Shiono, Masao Shigeta, Takeshi Morita "History of Saitama Prefecture" (1999) 118 --119
- ^ "Japanese Historical Place Names 11 Place Names in Saitama Prefecture" (1993) p. 983, Osamu Tashiro, Hiroshi Shiono, Masao Shigeta, Takeshi Morita "History of Saitama Prefecture" (1999) 137 --138
- ^ "Japanese Historical Place Names 11 Place Names in Saitama Prefecture" (1993) 122 --123, 210, 221, 983, Tashiro Osamu, Shiono Hiroshi, Shigeta Masao, Morita Takeshi "History of Saitama Prefecture" (1999) 153 pages
- ^ 『日本歴史地名大系11 埼玉県の地名』(1993)122 - 123、211、221、983頁、財団法人日本地図センター『地図で見るさいたま市の変遷 解説』(2003)20 - 21、25頁
- ^ "Arakawa Comprehensive Survey Report 3 Arakawa Humanities II" (1988) pp. 13-14
- ^ "Japanese Historical Place Names 11 Place Names in Saitama Prefecture" (1993) 122 --123, 211, 222
- ^ "Arakawa Comprehensive Survey Report 3 Arakawa Humanities II" (1988) pp. 16-28
- ^ Urawa City History History III
- ^ a b c d "Birth of Saitama City Record of Merger of Urawa City, Omiya City and Yono City" (2001) pp. 14-16
- ^ "History of Yono" (1988) pp. 228-229
- ^ National Archives of Japan Digital Archive "War Damage Overview Map" Archived August 2014, 8, at the Wayback Machine.
- ^ "History of Yono" (1988) pp. 245-246
- ^ "History of Yono" (1988), p. 246
- ^ "History of Yono" (1988), p. 247
- ^ Merger Promotion Council Report[Broken link]
- ^ March 2000, 3 Saitama Shimbun article "Reluctance to existing city names is unpopular even in votes outside the prefecture"
- ^ Saitama City Homepage "New City Name Public Offering" Results Notice[Broken link]
- ^ Omiya City initially insisted on the expression "the area around the new city center", which led to the backlash from the Urawa City side, which was positioned as the "administrative center" in the process of the merger talks, and "based on the opinion that it is desirable". "We will consider the future position" (April 2000, 4 Saitama Shimbun article "Agreement to share the pain with" Saitama City ").
- ^ April 2000, 4 Saitama Shimbun article "The new city name is" Saitama City "Future city hall location Considering the area around the new city center"
- ^ "The population of Saitama City has exceeded 130 million". Saitama City Hall (September 2018, 9). 2018th of February 11Browse.
- ^ Introduction of Public Relations Section[Broken link] --Saitama City (accessed October 2010, 10)
- ^ Main public relations activities of Saitama City --Saitama City (accessed October 2010, 10)[Broken link]）
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ Tsunaga Ryu Nu[Broken link] --Saitama City (accessed October 2010, 10)
- ^ Saitama Tourism Ambassador --Saitama City (accessed October 2015, 8)
- ^ Saitama city song "town of hope" -Saitama City (updated December 2013, 12, read February 24, 2015)
- ^ "Started class "Saitama Soccer 100 Years and Urawa Reds" for Saitama City Junior High School”. URAWA RED DIAMONDS OFFICIAL WEBSITE (March 2013, 3). 2013th of February 12Browse.
- ^ "Event Information”(Japanese). 2020th of February 7Browse.
- ^ http://www.city.saitama.jp/006/014/009/001/p016225.html Demonstration of opening and closing Minuma Tsusenbori lock
- ^ The idiot seen in the dancing idiot-The 33rd Kitaurawa Awa Odori Tournament Archived August 2011, 1, at the Wayback Machine(Information on freshly picked Saitama) --Saitama Tourism Convention Bureau (August 2010, 8, viewed November 27, 11)
- ^ Yono Stop Street 19th Taisho Era Festival Archived August 2011, 1, at the Wayback Machine(Information on freshly picked Saitama) --Saitama Tourism Convention Bureau (August 2010, 10, viewed November 8, 11)
- ^ http://www.city.saitama.jp/006/014/009/001/p016237.html Omiya Summer Festival
- ^ a b Saitama City / Measure PR --Saitama City HP (viewed on November 2017, 11)
- ^ http://www.city.saitama.jp/006/014/009/001/p016238.html Yono Summer Festival
- ^ http://www.city.saitama.jp/006/014/009/001/p016243.html Iwatsuki Castle Ruins Park Cherry Blossom Festival
- ^  Doll Town Iwatsuki Festival
- ^ "Saitama City Urban Transport Strategy Revised Edition [Summary Edition]] ”. Saitama City (July 2017). 2020th of February 9Browse.
- ^ "Saitama City Urban Transport Strategy Revised Edition Full Text”. Saitama City (July 2017). 2020th of February 9Browse.
- ^ "Number of passengers at each station 2018 Best 100: JR East". www.jreast.co.jp. 2019th of February 10Browse.
- ^ Owl's book "History of Illustrated Japanese Railway Company" Kawade Shobo Shinsha P86
- ^ Takeyuki Tsuchiya "Omiya General Rolling Stock Center that supports transportation in the metropolitan area from commuter trains to" Cassiopeia "and SL" "Railroad timetable information No.345 [Special feature] Modern depots and rolling stock factories, Vol. 42, No. 1 (Vol. 368),Kotsu Shimbun, February 2013, p. 1.
- ^ Bura Tamori Tamori's Dangle Footprint Map "# 77 Omiya-Why did Omiya become a railway town?" --NHK Bura Tamori Retrieved February 2018, 2
- ^ Keisuke Ida "Special Feature: Short-circuit Line Mystery 7-Route to Vehicle Factory-2-2 JR East (5) Omiya Factory / OM" "Railway fan』Volume 44 No. 1 (Volume No. 513),Friendship company, January 2004, pp. 1-18.
- ^ Keisuke Ida "Special feature: Short-circuit line mystery 8 Metropolitan area / Kansai area JR commuter train depot ● Tohoku / Takasaki line (2) Toomiya marshalling yard" "Railfan" Vol. 46, No. 1 (Vol. 537), Koyusha, January 2006, pp. 1-40.
- ^ Keisuke Ida "Special feature: Short-circuit line mystery 8 Metropolitan area / Kansai area JR commuter train depot ● Keihin Tohoku / Yokohama line (1) Urawa train ward" Miyaura "" Railfan "Volume 46 No. 1 (Volume 537) No. 2006), Koyusha, January 1, pp. 22-23.
- ^ Yukichi Ishimoto "Seeing the maintenance and inspection of electric locomotives-JR Freight / Omiya vehicle observations-" "Railway Pictorial [Special feature] Electric locomotives" Vol. 52, No. 1 (Vol. 721), Denkisha Kenkyukai , January 2002, pp. 1-66.
- ^ Keisuke Ida, "Special Feature: Short-circuit Line Mystery 6 The Mystery of the Subway," Railfan, Vol. 46, No. 1 (Vol. 537), Koyusha, February 2003, p. 2.
- ^ "(PDF)”. Kanto Transport Bureau (February 2018, 2). 2018th of February 7Browse.
- ^ "(PDF)”. Japan Taro's (May 2018, 5). 2018th of February 7Browse.
- ^ a b "Omiya's old days and now"Material-19-21 pages.
- ^ "Local Deer Chronicle" official website
- Urawa City General Affairs Department Administrative Materials Office "Illustration Urawa's History" 1993
- Japan Map Center "Transition of Saitama City on a Map" 2003
- Heibonsha Regional Information Center Co., Ltd. "Japanese Historical Place Names 11 Saitama Prefecture Place Names" 1993
- "Omiya Once and Now" Omiya City, November 1980, 11.National bibliographic number:81007009,NCID BN03449939.
- Yono City General Affairs Department City History Edition "Yono City History History Edition Volume 1987" XNUMX
- Yono City General Affairs Department City History Edition "History of Yono" 1988
- Category: Saitama City
- List of Japanese local governments
- Abandonment of Japanese municipalities
- Hiragana/Katakana place names#Hiragana/Katakana municipalities list
- Saitama village