[Breaking news] XNUMX new cases confirmed in Iwate Prefecture Infection continues to spread in Chubu jurisdiction New corona (announced on July XNUMX)
If you write the contents roughly
The jurisdiction of Chubu Health Center is Hanamaki City, Tono City, Kitakami City, Nishiwaga Town, and the jurisdiction of Oshu Health Center is Oshu City, Kanegasaki Town.
On the afternoon of July XNUMX, Iwate Prefecture announced confirmation of infection with XNUMX new coronaviruses in the prefecture.This time the virus ... → Continue reading
Iwate Menkoi TV
"Iwate Menkoi TV" (Fuji TV affiliate) news account. We will send you the latest news from Iwate Prefecture.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
A local agency that has jurisdiction over the southern region of Iwate Prefecture.Prefectural South Wide Area Promotion BureauLocation.
Oshu City is on the west sideOu Mountains, East sideKitakami MountainsSandwiched betweenKitakami BasinLocated in the southern part of. NorthHanamaki-Kitakami City-Nishiwaga Town-Kanegasaki Town, SouthIchinoseki-Hiraizumi Town, EastTono City-Sumita Town, WestAkitaHigashi Naruse VillageIs in contact with.
The highest peak in Oshu CityMt. YakeishidakeMany virgin beech forests are left in the Yakiishi mountain range in the western region, which is the main peak.In addition, on the east side of the Kitakami River, the countryside leading to the Kitakami Mountains spreads, and at the eastern end,Taneyama kougen, Abarayama plateau is connected, and the whole area is blessed with abundant nature full of greenery.
The main habitable areas are easternIsawa RiverJapan's largest with an area of 2 hectares cultivated byBold swamp fan, Flowing north and south on the east side of the fan endKitakami RiverIt is a river terrace formed by the river, and other flatlands and plateaus along small rivers. The habitable area is 443.69km2It is the 7th place in Japan (1st place in Iwate prefecture).Although the habitable land rate in Iwate Prefecture is low, it can be said that the city benefits from the Kitakami Basin.
The population is about 12, and in the prefectureMoriokaIt will be the third largest population after that.The total area is as large as 2 square kilometers, which is less than half the size of Tokyo (993.35 square kilometers), and is within the prefecture.Miyako City, Has the third largest area after Ichinoseki City.
The land use status is 17.7% for rice fields, 4.8% for fields, 3.5% for residential land, and 44.1% for forests, and the proportion of farmland is high. It is one of the best agricultural areas. From the fertile landMaesawa beef,Esashi apple, Produces famous agricultural products such as Esashi gold bill rice.In addition, with the convenience of transportation, one of the best commercial agglomerations in the prefecture has progressed, industrial parks have been developed, and the industrial base is characterized by a well-balanced agriculture, industry, and commerce.
The Gallbladder region is the political center of the ancient Tohoku region,Kakuzuka Tumulus-Isawa Castle Site・ Many historic sites such as the Kinugawa archaeological site are left.From the end of the Edo period to the modern era, many great men were produced from the Mizusawa district in the city center, especially.Takahide Nagano-Shinpei Goto-Saito MinoruIs called Mizusawa's three great men, and many historic sites such as museums and birthplaces are left behind.Oshu FujiwaraHas its origin inNanbu Ironware,Iwayado chest of drawers,Hidehira NuriTraditional industries such asHitaka Hibuse FestivalThere are also many festivals such as, and business development of core industries is being planned.
oldOshu KaidoandTohoku Main LinePasses north and south through the central area of the Mizusawa area on the river terrace along the fan edge, but passes through the terrace surface below the terrace cliff.National Route 4A new urban area is formed along the large scaleRoadside storeCan be seen in the market.Tohoku Shinkansen-Mizusawa Esashi StationIs located on the opposite bank (east bank of the Kitakami River).
- Mountain hills: Mt. Yakeishidake(1547.9m),Taneyamagahara(870m),Tabashineyama(595m)
- River waterway: Kitakami River,Isawa River, Maiden River, Hitokabe River,Kinugawa
- Lake Ikenuma: Kinmeisui, Ginmeisui, Nakanuma
|Population distribution by age in Oshu City and the whole country (2005)||Population distribution by age and gender in Oshu City (2005)|
■Green-All over Japan
Changes in the population of Oshu City (corresponding area)
|Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsStatistics Bureau CensusThan|
About 500 million years ago, when the area around Oshu City was a cove that continued from Sendai, marine mammals such as Maesawa whales lived there.
About 3 years ago, the diagonal axisPointed deviceThere are Yanagisawa Tate ruins (Mizusawa) that were excavated fromPaleolithicIt is probable that people lived there. The ruins are from the Middle Paleolithic, and there are stone tools such as single-edged gravel tools, shaving tools, and oblique-axis pointed flakes, but the subsequent Paleolithic ruins have not been found.
Jomon PeriodThe Tohoku region (especially the northern part) of Japan had a warmer climate than later generations.The Tohoku region at that time was widely covered with deciduous broad-leaved forests such as Quercus serrata and chestnuts, and the coastline was deeply intricate into the plains, creating an environment suitable for collecting life.The culture of the Jomon period is said to be "east high and west low," and while the population density of western Japan was low, the Tohoku and Kanto regions are the centers of Jomon culture, where the majority of the population of the Japanese archipelago is concentrated. there were.As a ruin of the Jomon periodOshimizukami Ruinsand so on.
Yayoi PeriodFrom the Shimizushita ruins etc.Stone knifeWas discovered, and the remains of paddy fields were also found nearby, so it has been around for a long time in this region.Rice cultivationWas being done.
This region is ancientYamato Imperial CourtからHidaka countryCalledJapanese calligraphy"The land of Hitakami is vast and fertile," it says. Compiled in the early Heian periodJapanese sequelAccording to the report, it is described as "a land of land and water," and it was a land that was cultivated from ancient times.
Tohoku regionYamato kingshipFrom the time of the local kingdom, which maintained its independence without belonging toSendai PlainIt was one of the centers of residents of the Tohoku region after the southern part. At that time, the people of the Tohoku region came from the Yamato kingdom.EzoWas called and feared.
Located at the northern end of the Japanese archipelago from the latter half of the 5th century to the beginning of the 6th centuryFront and rear circle,Kakuzuka TumulusWas built.It can be said that from ancient times, there was a powerful tribe who ruled a rich country.
Around the 5th century, when the southern part of the Tohoku region centered on the Sendai Plain belonged to the Yamato royal authority, the Yamato royal authority confronted Ezo in the central and southern Tohoku region centered on the Borizawa basin.
780(Houki11 years)PrisonerLong,Iji MaroKilled the Tohoku region's secretaries and caused a rebellion, so-called "Thirty-eight year warHas begun.Also at this timeIsawa-EsashiWas the base of the Ezo side.789(Postponement8 years) Ezo's military leaderAteluiThe Ezo army led by a thorough fight,Battle of the nestRepelled the imperial court army.However802(21st year of Enryaku),Conqueror General-Sakaue Tamura MaroSurrendered to the "XNUMX Years War"Emperor HanmuThe curtain was closed with the victory of. After the war, the imperial courtKokufuTaga CastleからGuardian officeTheIsawa CastleMoved to.
Late Heian period,KinugawaBased inAustralianMetMr. Abe PrisonerAs chiefOkuroku DistrictDominate, in the vicinityKokujiIt has come to have a much stronger force than that. HoweverRole of the last nine yearsso,DewaPrisonerKiyoharaGot reinforcementsMinamoto-Righteous familyIt was destroyed by parents and children. The land of Kinugawa was longing for the city peopleSong pillowIt is also famous as a song, and was sung by many poets.
The end of the Heian period, the role of the previous nine years andThe role of the next three yearsAfter that, Kiyohira Kiyohara (Kiyohira Fujiwara) Returned to his father's surname and named himself Fujiwara.Esashi-gunToyotakanからIwai DistrictHiraizumi(CurrentHiraizumi Town), Established its own local government, and started construction of a central city of political culture.
The city of Hiraizumi also extends to the north of the Kinugawa River, forming a complex city that functions as a fusion of the political city in the south and the industrial and commercial cities in the north across the Kinugawa River.In KinugawaMotonari FujiwaraとYoshitsune MinamotoWhereaboutsKinugawakanAndChusonji TempleThere was a large industrial and commercial area lined up with children's hospitals.Maesawa'sShiratori Tate RuinsProspered as Kawaminato, where handicraft production was carried out.Also, even after Kiyohira moved his residence to Hiraizumi, he stayed at Masusawain in Esashi.Chusonji TempleIt continued to play an important role as the base of Kiyohira, such as the copying of all the gold and silver letters dedicated to Kiyohira.
Abe's bloodOshu FujiwaraRuled the entire Tohoku region for about 100 years. However, the XNUMXth generation headYasuhira FujiwaraWhen,Yoshitsune MinamotoAs an excuse to hideYoritomo GengenIt was destroyed by the invasion of.
Kamakura PeriodからMuromachi PeriodFrom YoritomoOshu General ServiceWas appointed toKiyoshige KasaiAncestorKasaiRuled here. The first Kiyoshige was Isawa-gun, which is the cornerstone of Mr. Fujiwara Oshu.Iwai DistrictとOshikaGiven that, he settled in Ishinomaki Castle instead of Hiraizumi.It is unknown when the castle was built and who built it, but according to local folklore, Kasai's vassalsMr. Hachiya-Mr. Sasaki-Mr. KashiwayamaetcMizusawa CastleIs building a castle.Mizusawa Castle is believed to have been one of the bases of Kasai's control of the Borizawa Plain.In addition, the shogunate in Esashi-gunLord-Chiba YoriThe third son of Esashi is arranged, and Iwayado Castle is used as the residence of the castle, and Mr. Esashi is named, and Mr. Hitokabe under Mr. Esashi is building the castle.
1349 years(Sadakazu4 years) Bottomless Ryokan becomes KuroishiShohoji TempleWas erected. In Ou Nishu (Tohoku region)Soto sectThis is the third main temple in Japan and developed as the central temple of the Soto sect in the Tohoku region. It is said that there used to be 508 and 1200 temples in various parts of eastern Japan.
Sengoku periodAt the end of the period, Kasai moved his territory from Isawa, Iwai, and Oshika districts.Tome District,Motoyoshi-gun,Esashi-gun,Kesen DistrictExpanded to. On the other hand, it is adjacent in the southMr. OsakiClashed with. For this reason, the Sengoku daimyo, who is in a positional relationship with Mr. Osaki in between,DateWe have built a close relationship with Mr. Date, such as accepting the head from Mr. Date.
Date MasamuneAround that time, the Kasai territory became a quasi-territory of the Date clan called "Date no Mauchi". Mr. Date took control of Mr. Kasai's military command, but Mr. Kasai took control of tax collection.
Date MasamuneHideyoshi ToyotomiHideyoshi succumbed toOshuWhen Mr. Kasai was destroyed by, Hideyoshi made Kasai territory a vassal.Kimura KiyoshiGave to. Date Masamune, who was dissatisfied with this, said in the former Kasai territory and the former Osaki territory.Kasai OsakiWas caused. However, Masamune's plot is revealed to Hideyoshi. Masamune, who received an order from Hideyoshi to suppress the rebellion, rescued Yoshikiyo Kimura from the rebellion and suppressed the rebellion himself.
After the war, Hideyoshi seized from Masamune the land related to his ancestors such as Date-gun and the Aizu region conquered by Masamune, and Masamune took over the former Kasai territory (currently Kasai territory).IwateSouthern) and former Osaki territory (currentlyMiyagi) Was given. Masamune is a castleIwadeyama CastleAnd ruled a new territory. In this way, the entire area of Oshu City became part of the Date territory.
When Toyotomi Hideyoshi dies, Date MasamuneTokugawa IeyasuCooperate with the trade-in of1600(Keicho5 years)Battle of SekigaharaThe following year, Masamune lived in the castle.Sendai CastleAnd built a castle town. hereSendai DomainWas born, and the whole area of Oshu City became a part of Sendai territory.
The early modern period
Sendai territory is a part of present-day Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures,IwateSouthern (Kitakami CityUntil), each territory is given to Mr. Date, and in the cityMizusawa Castle(Vital), (Fortress), (Fortress), (Place) Was placed.
MizusawaA daikan office is set up in the area, and the lord changes from time to time.Kanei6 years(1629）Absence MunetoshiWhen he entered the castle, the prototype of Mizusawa, a castle town in the early modern period, was formed, and after that, the Sendai domainOne gateThree seatsMr. AbsenceDominationBakumatsuIt lasts for more than 230 years.Sotoshi is my fatherAbsence"Mr. Date" from the generation of (Masamune's uncle)Date MizusawaAlso called.MizusawaOshu KaidoPenetrates north and south,Senboku Kaido(Tekura Kaido) andSakari HighwayBecause it was a key point of transportation wherePost townAs a merchant town, the tradesman culture also prospered.
Iwatani-do was developed as a castle town governed by the chief retainer of the Date clan as a fortress on the northern side of the Sendai domain, and it is also a key point for boat transportation and land transportation on the Kitakami River.Wholesale townThe horse market was opened and prospered.The lord of Iwayado Castle changed many times, but in the 15th year of Keicho (1610) Takamichi Iwaki was picked up by a vassal of the Date clanMasataka DateRenamed as the lord of Iwatani-do and later the Sendai domainOne gateSix seats"Iwayado Date clanThe era of "" continues until the end of the Edo period.
1612(Keicho17 years)ChristianIsGoto JuanOccupied 1623 stones in Mibun Village (now Mizusawa Fukuhara).He devoted his vassals and territories to Christians, changed his name to Fukuhara from the desire to make the land full of the gospel of Christ, and Fukuhara became the base of Christian missions in the Tohoku region. XNUMX (Genwa9 years), investing private propertyIsawa RiverEfforts were made to open the irrigation weir that draws water from the shogunate.ProhibitionEscaped by.The Juan Weir is completed by the local residents who inherited their wishes.The Borizawa Plain creates the foundation for the breadbasket.
Boshin WarThen, the Sendai domainOuetsu Reihan AllianceCreate (Northern Government)Meiji New GovernmentFought with.Date Mizusawa, a member of the Sendai domain, also played the role of Shirakawa, but was defeated by Mt. Ishigiri in 1869 (XNUMX).Keio4 years/Meiji6) On June 12, 17 people were killed, including the captain of the star.There was a move to establish a new imperial court, but due to the defeat, the "Tobu imperial court" was not born.
In the same year, the vassals of the Date clan were lost, and Isawa Prefecture was established in Isawa District, and Esashi Prefecture was established in Esashi District.Isawa Prefecture initially had a temporary prefectural office in Maesawa Castle, and later Mizusawa CastleIsawaEsashi Prefecture set up the prefectural office at Iwayado Castle, and laterKii-gunMoved to Yokota Village.
Furthermore, Mr. Date Mizusawa's family陪 虪Because of this, he was ordered to return to farming, and the Sendai domainSamuraiI couldn't get a registration. For this reason,MasterAll over the house to keepHokkaidoThere was an opinion that he should participate in the development, but Kuninori remained in Sendai because he was ill and decided that he would not be able to withstand the frigid climate. LeadIshikari countrySapporo-gunEmigrated to. At this time, Hiragishi Village (currently, was cultivated by the Date clan of Mizusawa).SapporoToyohira WardHiragishi).
1876(9th year of Meiji)Abandoned DomainContinued to consolidate and abolishIchinoseki(The prefectural office is now Ichinoseki City),Mizusawa(Mizusawa PrefecturePrefectural officeWas originally planned to be located in Mizusawa, but is now located in Tome City, Miyagi Prefecture),Iwai prefecture(The prefectural office is now Ichinoseki City)Iwate(Prefectural office is now Morioka City) will be transferred.
1890(Meiji 23) Opposes the politics of the Satsumacho feudal clan, holds a Diet, and demands the realization of national rights and parliamentary politics.Freedom Civil Rights MovementAlso occurred in Iwate Prefecture, and a Ritsuseisha was formed in Mizusawa centered on the former Sendai Domain.Even after the establishment of Iwate Prefecture, the former Sendai territories of Isawa, Esashi, Nishiiwai, Higashiiwai, and Kesen are different from the southern territories in terms of topography, industry, and history, and residents will incorporate the southern five counties into Miyagi prefecture. The branch movement took place with the Free Civil Rights Movement.The branch prefectural movement was signed by politicians from both Miyagi and Iwate prefectures, and passed through the House of Representatives and the House of Peers. It was not executed due to strong opposition from.
same year,Japan RailwayMizusawa Station opens (currently JRTohoku Main Line) Initially, it was planned to be laid at Iwatani-do on the east bank of the Kitakami River, but due to the opposition of residents, the route was changed to the route on the west bank side, and the accumulation of logistics functions in Mizusawa began.
1899(Meiji 32) Latitude Observatory in Mizusawa (currentlyNational ObservatoryMizusawa VLBI Observatory) Was established, and the first director of the Latitude ObservatoryKimura SakaeThe doctorZ termBecame the central bureau of the International Polar Motion Observation Project due to the discovery of.
1967(Showa 42) Isawa Village enforced the town system,Isawa TownBecomes
2006(Heisei18 years) Mizusawa-Esashi City,Isawa DistrictMaesawa Town-Isawa Town-KoromogawaMerged,Oshu CityIs born.These 2 cities, 2 towns and 1 village were in 2000CensusBased onMizusawa metropolitan area(Urban employment area ―― 10% commuting area)Local government.
Of the same yearOfficeIchinoseki, Hanamaki, Kitakami, Tono, and Senmaya Promotion Bureaus were integrated into the Mizusawa Regional Promotion Bureau.Prefectural South Wide Area Promotion BureauIs installed.
- Mayor:Masaki Ozawa(Masaki Ozawa, 3rd term)
|代||Name||Inauguration date||Retirement date|
|1||Masaaki Aihara||2006(Heisei18 years)May 3||2010(Heisei22 years)May 3|
|2||Masaki Ozawa||2010(Heisei22 years)May 3||(Current position)|
- Oshu Citizens Charter
- We take pride in being a citizen of this city blessed with history, tradition and nature, and establish a citizen's charter aiming for a better city.
- We will create a town where you can love your hometown and work lively.
- We are willing to learn and create a city with a high cultural atmosphere
- Everyone joins hands to create a healthy and bright city
- Oshu Citizen's Song
- Lyricist: Takako Senda, Composer:Muneyuki Sato, Arranger: Nobuya Tadano
Coat of arms
- "Rice" is placed in the center of the outer shell of "O in the back and S in the state" to simplify the character "Oku".
Wide area administration
- Oshu Kanegasaki Administrative Office Association
- Jurisdiction municipalities: Oshu City, Kanegasaki Town
International Linear Collider Plan
From Oshu City to Ichinoseki City and Kesennuma City, Miyagi PrefectureKitakami HighlandsIs the world's first super-large accelerator to be built in an international projectInternational Linear Collider(ILC) ”is the most promising candidate site.
If the attraction is realized, it is expected that international institutions, universities, and research institutes of companies will be concentrated to form an international science city where many research fields are fused. Since researchers from all over the world visit, it is necessary to improve the transportation infrastructure, and the plan includes increasing the number of international flights at Sendai Airport and improving access to the science city.
The economic spillover effect for the first 10 years after the start of urban formation is expected to be 5 billion yen.Oshu City ILC Website See also
Designated financial institution
JA Iwate Furusato has a branch office in the main office of Oshu City Hall in the city hall, and the public money section of JA Iwate Furusato is in each general branch office except Mizusawa.TreasurerHas been installed.
The Esashi areaIwate Esashi Agricultural CooperativeSince it is a business area of (JA Esashi), there is no branch office or manned branch office of JA Iwate Furusato, and only a cashier's office is set up at the Esashi General Branch.Designated proxy financial institutionIs set separately.
Local autonomous district
- Mizusawa Ward -OldMizusawaRegion
- Esashi Ward -OldEsashi CityRegion
- Maesawaku Ward -OldMaesawa TownRegion
- Isawa Ward -OldIsawa TownRegion
- Koromogawa Ward -OldKoromogawaRegion
In many cases, there are national and prefectural government agencies that have jurisdiction over the southern part of the prefecture.
Iwate Prefecture Organization
- Prefectural South Wide Area Promotion Bureau
- Jurisdiction cities and towns: Oshu City, Ichinoseki City, Hanamaki City, Kitakami City, Tono City, Kanegasaki Town, Hiraizumi Town, Nishiwaga Town
- Prefectural South Livestock Hygiene Service Center
- Jurisdiction cities and towns: Oshu City, Ichinoseki City, Hanamaki City, Kitakami City, Tono City, Ofunato City, Rikuzen Takada City, Kamaishi City, Kanegasaki Town, Hiraizumi Town, Nishiwaga Town, Sumita Town, Otsuchi Town
- Morioka District CourtMizusawa branch
- Morioka Family CourtMizusawa branch
- Mizusawa Simple Court
- Morioka District Public Prosecutors OfficeMizusawa branch
- Mizusawa Ward Prosecutor's Office
- Ministry of JusticeMorioka District Legal Affairs BureauMizusawa branch office
- National Tax AgencySendai National Taxation BureauMizusawa Tax Office
- Ministry of AgricultureTohoku Agricultural Administration BureauOshu Regional Center
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Tohoku Regional Agricultural Administration Bureau Isawa Southern Agricultural Land Development Office
- Forestry AgencyTohoku Forest Management BureauIwate Southern Forestry Agency
- Ministry of Health, Labor and WelfareIwate Labor BureauMizusawa Public Employment Security Office
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and TourismTohoku Regional Development BureauKitakami River Dam Integrated Management Office Isawa Dam Management Branch
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and TourismTohoku Regional Development BureauIwate River National Highway Office Mizusawa Branch Office
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and TourismTohoku Regional Development BureauIwate River National Highway Office Mizusawa National Highway Maintenance Branch Office
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and TourismGeographical Survey InstituteMizusawa Geodetic Observatory
- Iwate Prefectural Police
- Oshu Police Station(Jurisdiction: Oshu City and Kanegasaki Town)
- Mobile investigation teamPrefectural South Branch (Jurisdiction: Oshu City, Ichinoseki City, Kitakami City, Kanegasaki Town, Hiraizumi Town, Nishiwaga Town)
- Transportation riot policeMizusawa Branch (Jurisdiction: Oshu City, Ichinoseki City, Kanegasaki Town, Hiraizumi Town)
- Oshu Kanegasaki Administrative Office AssociationFire Department
- Maesawa branch office
- Borizawa branch office
- Kinugawa branch office
- (Disaster base hospital)
- Medical corporation Ishikawa Hospital
- Specified medical corporation Seiwakai Oshu Hospital
Holiday night emergency center
- Oshu Kanegasaki Children's Night Clinic
- Oshu Kanegasaki Holiday Clinic
- Medical corporation Soseikai Gyoe Hospital
- Keiaikai Miyama Hospital
- Keiaikai Miki Hospital
Sister city/friendship city
- Naganuma Town(Hokkaido Yubari): Former Mizusawa City1973(48)May 5Sister city tie-up
- Atsuma Town(Hokkaido Yufutsu-gun): Former Maesawa Town1983(58)May 6Sister city tie-up
- Kakegawa(Shizuoka): Former Isawa Town is oldDaito Townと1985(60)May 8Sister city tie-up
- (Australian CommonwealthVictoria): Former Esashi City1979(54)May 3Sister city tie-up
- (AustriaTyrol): Former Esashi City1991(3)May 6Sister city tie-up
- (Tyrol, Austria): Former Esashi City formed a sister city tie-up on June 1991, 3 (Heisei 6)
The Mizusawa district, which is a commercial center in the city, prospered as a merchant town from the Edo period to the early Heisei period. Until the mid-1990s, the west side of Mizusawa Station, which is the center of the city, was a Marusan department store in addition to the conventional shops.Marukan department store, Daiko,Miharuya(AfterDaiei),JuscoLarge-scale stores such asCity centerIt prospered as a city next to Morioka, the capital of the prefecture.HoweverBubble economyHeisei recession after the collapse andOld Large-scale Retail LawDue to the influence of the expansion of large stores along national roads and bypasses in the eastern part of Mizusawa Station and the eastern part of Maesawa Station since 2000 when the station was abolished,arcade TheShutter streetThe central city area is hollow.
Main commercial facilities
- XYZ Mizusawa Hidaka
- Shopping park Mizusawa
- Culture Park
- XYZ Mizusawa
- Super Center Trial Mizusawakami Sister Store (Trial company）
- AEON Super CenterMizusawa Sakurayashiki store
- MayaMizusawa store
- Esashi Twin Plaza
- ionEsashi store
- Aeon Maesawa store
In the Bijiang area, various industries that manufacture traditional crafts and industrial parts (casting, woodwork, textiles, fishing nets) have been developed for a long time, but due to changes in the industrial structure, the existing industries are at their peak. After the period, an electronic parts assembly factory is located by changing the policy.In recent years, automobile assembly factories and related factories have become extremely prosperous.
By attracting companies to Esashi Core Industrial Park, Esashi Frontier Park, Motosugi Industrial Park (Maesawaku), etc. in the suburbs of the city, the shipment value of manufactured goods in Oshu City is about 2,500 billion yen, and in the prefecture it is located in neighboring Kanegasaki Town and Kitakami City It is next in third place.
In the city, it is a manufacturing base of Tokyo Electron's diffusion furnace and decompression CVD equipment.Tokyo Electron Technology SolutionsIn recent years, Toyota Motor has positioned the Tohoku region as a base for compact car production, mainlyAqua-Ractis-IstIs manufacturingToyota Motor East JapanWith the increase in production at the Iwate Factory (Kanegasaki Town), the related automobile industry in the city is revitalizing.
In terms of agriculture, Oshu City has the highest agricultural production value by municipality among Iwate Prefecture, which is one of the leading agricultural prefectures in Japan.
The city is dotted with many attractions, historic sites and leisure facilities (see "Sightseeing"). The Oshu City Tourism and Products Association plays a central role in promoting festivals, products, and gourmet food. But to the south is a World Heritage SiteChusonji Temple,Motsuji TempleHaveHiraizumi Town, Hot springs in the northKenji MiyazawaThere are tourism resources such asHanamakiThere is a problem that it tends to be buried as a passing point and is not as well known as the famous tourist spots in the surrounding area. AccommodationTohoku Main Line OfMizusawa StationConcentrate on the surrounding area.Others are scattered in Esashi Ward and hot spring areas in the suburbs.Most of the hotels and inns are locally owned, and the business hotel chains with foreign capital areHotel Route InnOshu only.Tohoku Shinkansen OfMizusawa Esashi StationThere are no accommodations around.
Major companies headquartered in the city
- Mizusawa Shinkin Bank
- Mizusawa land transportation
- Mizusawa gas
- Mizusawa taxi
- Hokuto Kotsu
- Sugisawa Pharmaceutical
- (OldNakajima airplaneKurosawajiri Factory,Shinmeiwa Industrysubsidiary)
- Ichijo Sendai Sendai(Ichijo Construction Storesubsidiary)
- Fine Sinter Tohoku (Fine sintersubsidiary)
- TB Sotec Tohoku (Toyota Boshokusubsidiary)
- Ichimiya Logistics Service (Ichinomiya Group）
- Iwate Shoes Co., Ltd. (Regal Corporationsubsidiary)
- Digieyes Co., Ltd. (Teraoka Seikosubsidiary)
Companies with offices in the city
- Tokyo Electron Technology SolutionsTohoku Office (Tokyo Electronsubsidiary)
- FujikinTohoku Service Factory
- Kanto ChemicalIwate factory
- Tanaka Kikinzoku KogyoIwate factory
- MyotokuIwate Office
- Nissei build industryTohoku Production Center
- Kirin BeerIwate Hop Management Center Co., Ltd.
- Bridgestone Logistics Co., Ltd.Iwate Office
- SSC Tohoku Factory (SSC Tohoku FactorySumitomo Metal,Kanpoh Steel,Sumitomo Corporation,Sumikin BussanJoint venture, steel sheet processing for automobiles)
- Plansee JapanProduction unit
- AmanoyaIwate factory
- Amanoya Iwate Fabric Factory
- Oi Electric Mizusawa Seisakusho (Mitsubishi Electric Group）
- NS Assembly Service (Nippon Sheet GlassSubsidiary, automobile glass manufacturing)
- A & T Esashi Factory (Tokuyamasubsidiary)
- Desant Apparel Mizusawa Factory (DescenteCreated a subsidiary, Mizusawa Down)
- Iwate Livestock Distribution CenterMizusawa Factory
- Japan Total Telemarketing Oshu Center
- Mizusawa Post Office(Mizusawa) --Collection and delivery station
- Haneda Post Office (Mizusawa) --Collection and Delivery Office
- Esashi Post Office(Esashi) --Collection and Delivery Bureau
- Notezaki Post Office (Esashi) --Collection and Delivery Office
- Japan Post (Esashi) --Collection and Delivery Office
- Ide Post Office (Esashi) --Collection and Delivery Office
- Maesawa Post Office (Maesawa) --Collection and Delivery Office
- Isawa Post Office (Isawa) --Collection and Delivery Office
- Koromogawa Post Office (Koromogawa) --Collection and Delivery Office
- Community broadcasting
- Cable TV
- Terrestrial broadcasting station
- Iwate Menkoi TVBusiness center
- At the beginning of the station, the head office and performance hall were set up near the former Mizusawa City and Z Hall, and the current head office in Morioka City called itself the "business center." Currently, the office in Oshu City calls itself the "Business Center". It is a branch office that has jurisdiction over news and sales in the southern part of the prefecture, and has no production function.
- The Graduate University for Advanced StudiesDepartment of Astronomy Science, Graduate School of Physical Sciences Inter-university research institution corporation Natural Science Research Organization National ObservatoryMizusawa Campus
- Mizusawa Gakuen Nursing College
Junior high school
- Oshu City Tahara Junior High School
- Oshu City Esashinan Junior High School
- Oshu City Esashito Junior High School
- Oshu City Maesawa Junior High School
- Oshu Municipal Borizawa Junior High School
- Oshu City Kinugawa Junior High School
- Oshu City Mizusawa Elementary School
- Oshu City Mizusawa Minami Elementary School
- Oshu City Tokiwa Elementary School
- Oshu City Sakuragawa Elementary School
- Oshu City Mashiro Elementary School
- Oshu Municipal Anetai Elementary School
- Oshu City Haneda Elementary School
- Oshu City Kuroishi Elementary School
- Oshu City Iwayado Elementary School
- Oshu City Esashi Atago Elementary School (Esashi Odaki)
- Oshu City Tahara Elementary School
- Oshu City Daitashiro Elementary School
- Oshu City Fujisato Elementary School
- Oshu City Ide Elementary School
- Oshu City Hitoshi Elementary School
- Oshu City Woodwork Elementary School
- Oshu City Tamari Elementary School
- Oshu City Ryokawa Elementary School
- Oshu City Hirose Elementary School
- Oshu City Inase Elementary School
- Oshu City Maesawa Elementary School
- Oshu City Nantoda Elementary School
- Oshu City Wakayanagi Elementary School
- Oshu City Atago Elementary School (Isawa Atago)
- Oshu City Borizawa Daiichi Elementary School
- Oshu City Kinugawa Elementary School
- Oshu City Eri Elementary School
Facilities other than school education
- Vocational Development Junior College
- Iwate Prefectural Industrial Technology Junior CollegeMizusawa school (Occupational Ability Development Promotion Actbased onVocational Development Junior College）
- Driving school
- Mizusawa Motor Driving School
- Daiichi Automobile School
- Esashi Motor Driving School
- Maesawa Motor Driving School
Central stationMizusawa Station.
- East Japan Railway(JR East)
Highway national road
General national road
Main local road
- Iwate Prefectural Road No. 8 Mizusawa Yoneri Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road No. 10 Esashi Murone Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road No. 14 Ichinoseki Kitakami Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road No. 27 Esashi Towa Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 37 Hanamaki Hiraizumi Line
- Miyagi Prefectural Road/Iwate Prefectural Road 49 Kurikora Hiraizumi Line
General prefectural road
- Iwate Prefectural Road 106 Maesawa Higashiyama Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 108 Esashi Kanegasaki Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 113 Mizusawa Stop Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 156 Iwamei Iwayado Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 174 Otomo Yonezato Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 175 Rikuchu-Orii Stop Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 179 Tamari Ryogawa Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 196 Isawa Kanegasaki Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 197 Tahara Orii Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 226 Sakuragawa Mashiro Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 236 Kinugawa Mizusawa Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 237 Nagasaka Bunch Inamaesawa Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road 243 Shinshiro Maguchizawa Line
- Iwate Prefectural Road No. 251 Tamari Mizusawa Line
- Iwate Prefecture Transportation
- Toban Kotsu
- Oshu City Community Bus"Z Bus" (operates in Mizusawa area)
- Oshu City Bus(Operates in the Esashi area)
- AutomotiveLicense plateIt is,Local numberIsHiraizumiRegistered with a number (Ichinoseki City, Kanegasaki Town, Hiraizumi Town).
- Kurikoma Quasi-National ParkYakiishi mountain range
- Kitakami River
- Scenic area of Ihatov(National scenic spot)
- Isawa Dam(Japan's largest rockfill dam)
- Lake Oshu
- Kinugawa's starry sky (the best starry sky in Japan)
- Koromo no Taki
- Dispersed settlement in Gorizawa (one of the three major dispersed settlements in Japan)
- Taneyama kougen Constellation Forest
- Abarayama Plateau
Historical and cultural buildings
- Oshimizukami Ruins(Historic site of the country)
- Kakuzuka Tumulus(Historic site of the country)
- Isawa CastleTrace (national historic spot)
- Oshu Hiraizumi Cultural Properties
- Shiratori Tate Ruins(National historic site,World Heritage Tentative List）
- Chojagahara Abandoned Temple Ruins(National Historic Site, World Heritage Tentative List)
- Entertainment hall ruins(Historic site of the country)
- Unsaiji Temple(The mortuary tablets of Mr. and Mrs. Yoshitsune were enshrined, but they were destroyed by fire at the temple.)
- Toyoda no Tachi Site
- Abeta building ruins, etc.
- Takahide NaganoOld house (national historic site)
- Shohoji Temple(One of the three main mountains of the Soto sect. The main hall, kuri, and Somon are important cultural properties of the country)
- Kokusekiji Temple(The oldest temple in the Tohoku region. The wooden pharmacist Nyorai sitting statue, the wooden monk sitting statue, and the wooden four heavenly statues are important cultural properties of the country)
- Komagata Shrine(Rikuchu Ichinomiya)
- Hitaka Shrine(The main shrine is a national important cultural property)
- Atago Shrine (Wooden helmet, Bishamon Tenritsu statue is an important cultural property of the country)
- Of KuroishiXNUMX mounds(Important tangible folk cultural property of the country)
- MizusawaSamurai Town(MichinokunoLittle Kyoto）
- Former Takahashi Family Residence (National Important Cultural Property)
- Former Goto Family Residence (National Important Cultural Property)
- Meiji Memorial Hall
- Kuramachi Street
- Former woodworking junior high school (stage of Kaze no Matasaburo)
Theme parks and leisure facilities
- Esashi Fujiwara no Sato...NHK taiga dramaLocation (Recently, "Kirin comes』), Often used.
- Tohoku New Zealand Village
- Mizusawa Race Track(Tokei Nisei,Meisei Opera,Toho EmperorEtc. belong to the past)
- Himekayu Ski Area
- Kunimidaira Ski Resort
- Koeji Ski Area
- Mizusawa Park
- Miwakemori Park
- Otomekawa Park
- Omonomi Park
- Daishiyama Forest Park
- Mizusawa Fureai no Oka Park
- Kyutama no Yu Yakushido Onsen
- Mizusawa Ishida Onsen
- Sakura no Yu
- Maesawa Onsen Maizuru no Yu
- Oshu Isawa Onsen Spao Chin
- Sun Hotel Kinugawaso
- Lively Exchange Center Kunimidaira Onsen Hagoromo no Yu
- Kurotakionsen Nozomi no Yu
Museum / Memorial
- National ObservatoryMizusawa VLBI Observatory
- Oshu Space and Astronautical Museum
- Kimura SakaeMemorial
- Takahide NaganoMemorial
- Shinpei GotoMemorial
- Saito MinoruMemorial
- Kikuta KazuoMemorial
- Gotohaku Memorial Community Center (Japan's firstPublic hall）
- Shinpei Goto Old House
- Otome River Predecessor Hall
- Meiji Memorial Hall
- Oshu City Cattle Museum
- Oshu City Samurai Housing Museum
- Oshu City Fire Memorial Hall
- Oshu City Buried Cultural Property Research Center
- Oshu City Traditional Industries Museum Cupola Hall
- Menkoi Museum (formerlyIwate Menkoi TVhead office)
- Esashi Local Culture Museum
- Borizawa Local Museum
- Isawa Dam Learning Center
- Kinugawa History Fureaikan
- Kumano ShrineSomin Festival(May)
- Kokusekiji Somin Matsuri (February, nationally selected intangible folk cultural property)
- All-Japan farming gathering (February)
- Oshu Mizusawa Kukuri Hinamatsuri (March)
- Hitaka Hibuse Festival(May)
- Haneda Fire Defense Festival (April)
- Oshu Maesawaku Spring Festival (April)
- Maesawa Sakura Festival (Omonomi Park Sakura Festival) (April)
- Esashi Sakura Festival (April)
- Mizusawa Park Flower Festival (April)
- Sato Sakura Festival (April)
- Child horse warrior procession (May)
- Esashi Jinku Festival(May)
- Oshu Glitter Marathon (May)
- Maesawa Beef Festival (June)
- Hiraizumi Yabusame (June)
- Taneyama kougen Mountain opening (June)
- Oshu City Nanbu Tekki Festival (July)
- Oshu Maesawaku Yosakoi Festa (July)
- Oshu Mizusawa Summer Festival(May)
- Mura Festival (August)
- Maesawa Summer Festival (August)
- Oshu Koromogawa Festival (August)
- Michinoku Banranbon Festival (August)
- Aterui Historical Village Festival (September)
- Oshu YOSAKOI in Mizusawa (September)
- Mizusawa Industry Festival (October)
- Oshu Mizusawa Gourmet Festival
- Esashi Sangyo Festival (October)
- Devil's Sword Dance(Important intangible folk cultural assets of the country)
- (Important intangible folk cultural assets of the country)
- EsashiDeer dance(Important intangible folk cultural assets of the country)
Specialty products / special products
- Maesawa beef
- Esashi apple
- Iwate Oshu beef
- Esashi beef
- Esashi gold bill rice
- Iwayado Yokan
- Turtle rice cracker
- Egg noodles
- Bold peppers
- Local sake
- Pearl barley
- Doboku(Doburoku Special Zone)
- Mizusawa Komagata Baseball Club(baseball）
- Mizusawa Soccer Club(サ ッ カ ー）
- Nu Pere Hiraizumi Maesawa(Football)
Works set in Oshu City
- Back alley (Himekami）
- Kitakami night song (Hiroshi Wada and Mahina Stars）
- Ihatov Symphony(Tomita Isao）
- Atelui(Satoshi Dezaki）
- Kaza no Mataburo Glass cloak (Toshiya Ito）
- Bell ring(Kikuta Kazuo）
- Parenting(Tadashi Imai）
- Happy camon(Daisuke Nakamura)
- Zen ZEN(Tomoe Takahashi）
- Night in Taneyamagahara (Kazuo Oga）
- Little forest(Junichi Mori）
- Kaza no Mataburo(Kenji Miyazawa）
- Galactic train night(Kenji Miyazawa)
- The beginning of deer dance(Kenji Miyazawa)
Before modern times
- Atelui --Fought against the expedition of Sakanoue Tamura Maro, the general of the Heian period.EzoMilitary leader
- Mr. Abe --In the Heian periodOkuroku DistrictExpanded power centered onAustralian
- Kiyohira Fujiwara - Oshu FujiwaraThe first generation,HiraizumiFounder
- Takahide Nagano --Late Edo perioddoctor-Dutch scholar
- Mitsukuri Shogo --Late Edo periodGeographer
- Shinpei Goto - Government-General of Taiwan,MantetsuFirst Governor,Minister of Communications,Interior Minister,Minister of Foreign Affairs, Tokyo City (currentlyTokyo) 7th Mayor,Takushoku University3rd president, etc.
- Saito Minoru - Admiral,Navy Minister,Governor-General of Korea,Geneva Naval Conference on DisarmamentChief plenipotentiary,30nd generationPrime Minister,MinisterWait
- Shimoiizaka Gonzaburo - Member of the House of Representatives,Freedom Civil Rights MovementHouse,Mizusawa Townlong
- Kiyoshi Gogo - Mitsubishi Heavy IndustriesPresident,Japan Aviation AssociationFirst chairman,Tojo CabinetAdvisor (Class A war criminal）
- Satsuki Ozawa - Lawyer,Member of the House of Representatives,Minister of Construction,Liberal Democratic Party Country vs. ChairmanWait
- Etsaburo Shiina - Business and industryUnder Secretary,MunitionsDeputy Secretary,Chief Cabinet Secretary,Minister of International Trade and Industry,Minister of Foreign Affairs,LDP-Chairman of General Affairs,Chairman,Vice PresidentWait
- Sakari Masuda --Agriculture and forestry bureaucrats,Member of the House of Councilors
- Keiji Kudada -House of Representatives,Japan Communist PartyNational Diet Committee,Central CommitteeStanding Executive Committee Member
- Yoshinobu Takahashi -House of Representatives,Ichiro Ozawa Ofsecretary
- Arata Asanuma - Banker,Tohoku BankHead
- Shogo Oikawa - Officials,National Life CenterDirector
- Masao Okahara - Prosecutor,Chief of the Supreme Court
- Mizuhiko Yoshida - Lawyer,Japan Federation of Bar AssociationsDirector
- Yamazaki Tadoku --Early Meiji eraReligious house,Theologian
- Hisho Saito - Historian,Tokyo Higher Normal School教授
- Tari Moriguchi - Art historian
- Naosuke Onodera --Internal medicineMedical doctor,Kurume Medical UniversityPresident
- Hideya Sasaki --Western art researcher,Tokyo University of the ArtsHonorary professor,Iwate Museum of Artlong
- Ken Sato - Ecologist
- Manemon Takahashi - Botanist,Hokkaido UniversityHonorary professor
- Norifumi Senda - Dentalist, Hokkaido University Clinical Professor
- Masayuki Kikuchi - Seismologist,Tokyo University教授
- Osamu Onodera - Doctor,Niigata UniversityAssociate professor
- Kiyoaki Oikawa - Urban engineering-ArchitecturePerson,Ritsumeikan University教授
- Tomiho Yoshida - Agronomist,Senshu University Hokkaido Junior CollegePresident
- Kazuo Kadowaki - physicist,University of TsukubaGraduate professor
- Tokiwa Shinpei - 作家,translator,Naoki PrizeAward
- Kyozo Miyoshi --Writer, Naoki Prize Winner
- Kuniharu Kanno - Writer
- Koji Onodera - Novelist,Iwate citizen's songLyricist (in the name of "Koji Onodera")
- Umiyuri Katsuyama - Novelist
- Katsushiro Takahashi - Veterinarian
- Goho Oikawa -Painter
- Mutsumi Kamiyama - Literary critic
- Shimako Sato - Film director
- Oikawa Takuro-Film director,Writer,Writer
- Fumiharu Ikeda - manga artist(Resident)
- Kamaro Kikuchi - manga artist
- Goto Juan - manga artist
- Chuya Chikazawa - manga artist
- Yoshida Tank - manga artist
- Emiko Suga - Vocalist
- Mika Tashiro - pianist
- Megumi Kikuchi --Businessman, novelist
- Hitoshi Oikawa - journalist
- Zen Chida -Journalist
- Hisashi Kikuchi - Political critic
- Eiichi Otaki - ミ ュ ー ジ シ ャ ン
- Tetsuya Matsumoto - Singer-songwriter
- Tatsuya Yoshida -Musician,Ruinsdrummer
- Shuichi - LONG SHOT PARTY
- Edataro Katsura - Rakugo performer
- Masahide Komaki - Ballet dancer
- Sakai Kuni Toru - Comic artist
- Yuki Suzuki - An actor
- Yasuka Suzuki - talent
- Kaori Abe - Local talent
- Akiko Kuji - Fuji Television Network, Incannouncer
- Sumire - Fashion Model
- Miyuki Ichijo - Voice actor
- Naozumi Takahashi --Singer-songwriter Voice actor
- Wataru Abe - NHK Tokyo Announcement Roomannouncer
- Reiko Ono - Free announcer
- Yasuo Tanaka - IBC Iwate BroadcastingFormer announcer, current president of the prefecture south branch
- Tadashi Tsuda - Aomori TVannouncer
- Shoko Hojo - TV You Fukushimaannouncer
- Otani Xiangping - Professional baseball player
- Kazuyoshi Iio - soccer player
- Shinobu Kikuchi --Soccer leader
- Shinya Chiba - Basketball player
- Mikuru Suzuki - Volleyball player
- Junichi Hojo - Rugby player
- Noya Takahashi - Soft tennis player
- Mizuho Nasugawa - Athleticsplayer
- Yuichi Iwate - Grand SumoWrestler
- Oikawa -Sumo wrestler
- Katsuro Maedagawa -Sumo wrestler
- Hadairō Tetsukin - Mixed fighter
- Shuji Ishikawa - Professional wrestler
- Yusho Oikawa - Bicycle racer
- Isao Sugawara - Jockey
- Shunri Sugawara --Jockey
- Hisaki Kojima --Jockey
- Toshihiko Kobayashi --Jockey
- Masahiko Sato --Jockey
- Shinobu Murakami --Jockey
- Meisei Opera - Racehorse
- Kiyoji Katagiri - Priest
- Rakan Oikawa --Health Promotion Association Nico Nico Naked Movement
- Kazuyoshi Fujita --Social entrepreneur
Celebrity with a connection to Oshu City
- Akira Izumisawa - Professional baseball player
- Yoshiyuki Iwamoto - Pro baseball player
- Ichiro Ozawa - Member of the House of Representatives, OriginalMinister of Home Affairs,LDP secretary general,Democratic Party RepresentativeWait
- Etsuko Onodera - poets,Fairy tale writer
- Yoshiro Kato - manga artist,talent,chairperson
- Are Kameido - Light novel writer(Resident)
- Yasunari Kawabata - Novelist
- Miho Kanno -Actress
- Kikuta Kazuo - Playwright,Lyricist
- Kimura Sakae - Astronomer,Doctor of Science
- Goto Juan - キ リ ス ト 教Believerssamurai,Date Masamune OfVassal
- Sakaue Tamura Maro - Heian period Ofmilitary attache
- Shin Sato - Japanese painter
- Shiina Motoo - 政治家,Businessman,physicist
- Giovanni Andong - Artist(Cyber Gauges family)
- Masumi Sugae --Traveler, naturalist
- Mr. Sugawara
- Kichijo Sugawara (Michio ShinoharaMrs)
- Sugawara no Michiohime (Sugawara no Michizane)
- Umegae Sugawara (Shinji Sugawara)
- Hidetoshi Sugawara (Michizane Sugawara)
- Koji Suzuki -Announcer
- Chio Masao - Enka singer
- Katsuhiko Takahashi - Novelist
- Dark dachs - Choir
- Honey --Talent, actress, gravure model
- Hasekura --Vassal of Date Masamune
- Nobuyoshi Fujiwara --Oshu Fujiwara's ancestor
- Shiki Masaoka --Haiku, poet,Japanese languageResearcher
- Ryu Mitsuse - Science fiction writer
- Minamoto --In the middle of the Heian periodMilitary commander
- Originator -Warlords of the late Heian period
- Yoshitsune Minamoto --A military commander at the end of the Heian period
- Kenji Miyazawa - poets,Fairy tale writer
- 100 sound scenes in Japan: Southern wind chimes at Mizusawa Station
- Water Village Hundred Election: Water and green scattered town
- Water source forest XNUMX selections: Yakiishi mountain range water source forest
- XNUMX beautiful Japanese uneven landscapes: Nantoda
- XNUMX selections of reservoirs:Uchida Reservoir
- "Illustration of Japanese municipalities" Shogakukan dictionary editorial department,Shogakukan, August 2007, 1.ISBN 978-4-09-526311-3.