[Breaking news] New corona, 19 new infections in Saga prefecture
If you write the contents roughly
By address, there are 4 people in Karatsu City, 3 people each in Saga City, Tosu City, and Kamimine Town, and 1 person each in Kashima City, Ogi City, Kanzaki City, Kiyama Town, Shiroishi Town, and outside the prefecture.
Saga Prefecture announced on the 3rd that 10 men and women under the age of 60 to 19s were infected with the new coronavirus.By address, Karatsu ... → Continue reading
West Japan Newspaper
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
|Image request: Of Kashii ShrineImage providedplease.(August, 2021）|
It has the largest population in the prefecture. The economic and administrative center of Saga Prefecture.Ariake SeaからMt. SefurisanIt has a city area that traverses up toSaga PlainLocated near the center of.Fall:ToKase RiverRiverbedAroundSaga International Balloon FestaIs held, balloon (hot air balloon) Is a busy city.
Located in the southeastern part of Saga prefecture. The city area is long from north to south, and the south side isAriake SeaFacing the southeastern partChikugo RiverAcrossFukuokaOkawa City-YanagawaIn the northeastMt. SefurisanFukuoka PrefectureFukuoka City(Sawara Ward)・ItoshimaIs in contact with.
Nagasaki ExpresswayThe northern half of the city area runs through northern Kyushu from east to west with the vicinity as a boundary.Chikushi mountain areaIt belongs to Mt. Sefurisan, which is mountainous and has large undulations. The southern half of the city area extends to the northern coast of the Ariake SeaChikushi PlainBelongs to the western part ofSaga PlainThis is in contrast to the low-lying areas with few undulations. The city area is located near the center of the Saga Plain.
2005(17)2007(19)Merger with surrounding towns and villagesThe city area is 104km2From 431 km2Expanded more than four times, in the prefectureKaratsu CityIt became the second largest municipality after.
- East end: 130 degrees 23 minutes east longitude
- West end: 130 degrees 8 minutes east longitude
- Northern end: 33 degrees 29 minutes north latitude
- South end: 33 degrees 8 minutes north latitude
- Adjacent municipalities
- Karatsu City
- 小 城市
- Kanzaki ――Of the boundary with Kanzaki City, the straight line distance of about 2km from the vicinity of Mt. Koshimaki to the vicinity of Mt. Obikuma is an undecided part.
- Taku City
It is the largest city in Saga prefecture with a population of about 24, but it is the smallest city in the seven prefectures of Kyushu.
Although the straight line distance from Fukuoka City is close to 37km between the centers, the living area and employment area are separated by the mountains.Tosu CitylikeBed townAlthough it is not noticeable, JR Kyushu has set a large discount coupon for the limited express train on the Nagasaki Line to compete with the Nishitetsu Highway Bus, and it takes about 40 minutes to commute to work, so Fukuoka commuters around Saga Station. Lined with apartments for commuting. Many commuters from the city to the center of Fukuoka city.
Edo PeriodThanSaga DomainIt has been developing as a castle town in Tosu City, Tosu City.KurumeIs a transportation hub / industrial area, and Karatsu is a port / tourist city, while Saga City is a local city located in the center of the agricultural area and a commercial city in the central and eastern parts of Saga Prefecture.2000 eraSince then, the movement to promote it as a tourist city has been active, and the excavation of tourism resources is active.
Saga Plain area
In the plains, the waterside and countryside show a unique natural landscape. In the central part of the Saga Plain, which is the city area, there are almost no hills and rivers.EmbankmentExcept for, the altitude is generally low.In addition, small and medium-sized rivers and waterways (creeks) were developed, and because they were intended for agricultural water, domestic water, and water transportation, the waterways were covered regardless of whether they were in urban areas or rural areas, and they enjoyed the benefits. ..On the other hand, because it is sandwiched between the Kase River, which originates in Mt. Sefurisan and flows through the western part of the city, and the Chikugo River, which originates in the Kyushu Mountains and is the largest in Kyushu, it has been a frequent flood zone for a long time. There is also an aspect that the livelihoods of farmlands and residents have been protected.
Even near National Route 34 in the northern part of the city, it is 5 m above sea level, which is lower than the planned high water level of the Ariake Sea coastal embankment. In addition, it was an area with very poor drainage due to the lack of undulations. Once the embankment broke and the towns and farmlands were flooded, it could not be pulled for weeks, while the conflict between villages in the water conflict was serious. It wasn't until the Edo period that this changed completely.Shigeyasu Naritomi HyogoThis is a hydraulic engineering project carried out by the Saga Domain with the cooperation of the above. Flood damage was reduced and water conflicts were reduced by an epoch-making method for the time when water control and irrigation were considered together in the entire plain. In addition, since the Meiji era, the current flood damage has been reduced by the high embankment and water level adjustment that surround the Ariake Sea, which has a large tidal range, and the improvement of waterways and drainage pump stations that linearly improve the meandering waterways to improve drainage efficiency. ing. However, although there is more or less flood damage in the urban area at the end of the rainy season about once a year, the city has adopted a diversion type sewerage system in which the sewage treatment pipe and rainwater treatment are completely separated. The overflowing water is mainly rainwater, and sewage mixed with urine, such as the combined sewerage system that is often used in large cities, flows back into the urban area through gutters and overflows. There is no problem such as mixing, and there is almost no generation of bad odor from sewage after the water is drained, so it depends on the degree of inundation, the type of industry, and the presence or absence of measures such as creating a store that anticipates inundation. At an early stage, some stores will resume operations the day after the water drains.
Divided from the Kase River by Ishii Hi, which was installed in the early Edo period.Tafuse RiverHas been used as water for daily life since ancient times, reaching the inside of Saga Castle while traversing the northern part of the city and dividing into waterways.Even now, tap water from the former Saga City is being taken from the Tafuse River.After passing through the castle, the Tafuse River is connected to the river, crossing the southern part of the city again, and this time it is used for agricultural water and reaches the Ariake Sea.In addition, etc., all flow from north to south.In the southeastern part of Morodomi Town, it borders the Chikugo River andNakashuIt is sandwiched between the Chikugo RiverKawaguchiIsOno Shima(The southern half of the island is Saga City and the northern half is Okawa City) is included in the city area.
The Saga Plain, which has few undulations, is suitable for paddy fields, and has been cultivated sequentially since ancient times to become a rice-growing area. In addition, the Saga Plain is an area where rapid natural landing is progressing due to the transportation of earth and sand such as the Chikugo River, and the coastline has moved southward year by year. In addition to thisEdo PeriodSince then, it has started in earnestReclamationHas artificially created land and expanded farmland. Most of Higashiyoka Town and Kawasoe Town, and the southern tip of Honjo Town, Nishiyoka Town, and Kubota Town are mostly reclaimed land.
The city of Saga is located near the center of the plains of the city. This town, which was called Saga, was only one farm village in the Saga Plain until the Warring States period.Muromachi PeriodMuranaka Castle and in the middleMizugae CastleWas set up and used as a baseRyuzoji Sengoku periodThe turning point was the expansion of power in the latter half of the year, and the town developed. In addition, the successorMr. NabeshimaHas two castlesKeichoMajor renovation during the year (1596-1615)Saga CastleThe castle was built and the area around the castle was redeveloped. that time,Ryori systemTaking advantage of the straight roads and waterways, the streets are divided into grids, and you can still see the remnants of them. Since then, Saga has been used as a castle town for the Hizen Saga domain.Nagasaki HighwayIt also prospered as a post town. Since the Middle Ages, the notation "Saga" has also been used, andMeiji RestorationAfter that, it was officially changed to "Saga". AndMeijiEarlyAbandoned DomainSince it later became the prefectural capital,ModernEstablished the position as the administrative center of Saga Prefecture after that.
In the current Saga city, there are building districts and commercial districts centered on Saga station, and low-rise residential areas are located around them, in the suburbs of residential areas.Shopping centerLarge commercial areas of the type are scattered. Residential land conversion progressed almost concentrically along the road. In the central city area, redevelopment has progressed due to a series of steps such as relocation of Saga Station, relocation and redevelopment of factories, and maintenance of main roads. There are few so-called high-rise buildings, and the cityscape is relatively flat, coupled with the original terrain.
Land priceAging due to the concentration of residential areas in the suburbs due to soaring pricesDonut phenomenonWas causing the decline of the city center,1990 era - 2000 eraWas affected by the redevelopment rush due to falling land prices, and the middle layer in the central city areaApartmentDue to the accumulation of donuts, the donut formation is slowing down. However, due to the accumulation of suburban commercial areas around the same time, areas around Saga Station and the castle area, etc.Shopping districtType retailers have been declining in the long run.
On the other hand, in the suburbs, new detached houses and new detached houses were found among the houses scattered on the farmland.Housing complexDevelopment proceeded smoothly and the city area expanded.CommutingAxis isTrainnotAutomobile(道路), Therefore, a residential area is formed along the main road. Due to the fact that the original farmland was reorganized, the ring road was constructed early in the 1970s, and the rise in land prices in the city, which spurred suburbanization, was not so remarkable.Sprawl phenomenonIs not happening.
Mt. Sefurisan area
Mt. Sefurisan The city area at the foot of the mountain on the south side is the Kawakubo fault, etc.FaultDue to the influence of the system, the slope is relatively steep and gentle.hillsIt is different from the areas of Ogi City and Kanzaki City.1046m (highest point in the city) located near the western end of the city (central part of Saga prefecture)Tianshan, 900m class on the border of Fukuoka prefectureThunder Mountain,HaganeyamaThe altitude is high, and mountains are connected between the two points, and the area between them is also called the Kawakami River in the mountains.Kase RiverA water-based river flows like a sew, and goes south in a curve in the northern part of the city. Surrounded by farmland in relatively gentle mountains and flatlands on the banks of riversRuralAndSatoyamaIn contact withMountain villageAre scattered around.
The most upstream of the Kawakami RiverMise VillageIn the westKitayama Dam, Also upstreamFuji TownThe largest scale in Saga prefecture in central JapanKasegawa DamThere is. In addition, in some parts of Taiwa Town, which is far from the Kawakami River system, and in the mountainous areas of Kinryumachi Town and Kuboizumi Town, water shortages are likely to occur during light rain, so many ponds are scattered.
In HaganeyamaJapan Standard TimeStandard radio wave JJYTo sendHaganeyama standard radio wave transmitting stationThere is. There are two JJY transmission stations in Japan, the otherFukushimaTamura-Kawauchi Village Otakadoyayama.
- Mountain:Tianshan (1046m), Hikodake (845m), Mt. Hakusekisan (794m),Thunder Mountain (955m),Haganeyama (900m), Kamedake (740m), Mt. Gongenyama (586m), Kinryuzan (502m)
It rains a lot in summerPacific climateAmong them, it enters the Kyushu-type climate, which is warm and has a high annual average temperature of around 17 ° C.Also in Fukuoka City on the northwestern coast of KyushuNagasakiSimilarly, in winter, there is little rainfall, but there are many cloudy days. The number of snowy days per year is 22.2 days, which is not uncommon, but it is very rare in the southern part of the city (plains). Also on the same Ariake Sea coastKumamoto-shi,KurumeAs with the above, the temperature range is large.Inland climateThere is a tendency of. Compared to neighboring Karatsu City and Fukuoka CityWinter: Of(I.e.Is low,Summer: Of(I.e.In addition, the difference between the daily minimum and maximum temperatures is large. The mountainous area has more annual rainfall than the urban area, and the average annual temperature is a little low. In addition, snow may accumulate due to the northwest monsoon from the Genkai Sea.
- Highest temperature ever observed -39.6 ℃ (1994(6)May 7）
- The lowest temperature in the history of observation --- 6.9 ℃ (1943(18)May 1）
- Maximum daily rainfall-366.5 mm (1953(28)May 6）
- Maximum monthly rainfall-1086.0 mm (2020(2nd year of Reiwa)7）
- Maximum instantaneous wind speed per day-54.3 meters (1991(3)May 9）
- Maximum number of summer days-171 days (2005(17))
- Maximum number of summer days-93 days (1978(Showa 53))
- Most hot days-38 days (1994(6))
- Maximum number of tropical nights-53 days (2018(29))
- Maximum number of winter days-62 days (1945(Showa 20))
|Climate of Saga Local Meteorological Observatory (center in front of Saga City Station, altitude 6m)|
|Highest temperature record ° C (° F）||21.1|
|Average maximum temperature ° C (° F）||10.1|
|Average daily temperature ° C (° F）||5.8|
|Average minimum temperature ° C (° F）||1.8|
|Minimum temperature record ° C (° F）||−6.9|
|Precipitation amount mm (inch)||54.1|
|Snowfall cm (inch)||2|
|Average days of precipitation (≥0.5 mm)||9.0||9.2||11.1||10.3||9.5||13.8||13.0||11.4||10.2||6.6||8.4||8.1||120.7|
|Average number of snowfall days||8.5||5.7||1.9||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.1||6.0||22.2|
|Average monthlyDaylight hours||128.2||139.5||169.0||186.7||197.1||131.4||164.8||200.4||174.1||188.0||153.2||137.9||1,970.5|
|Source:Japanese Meteorological Agency (Average value: 1991-2020, extreme value: 1890-present)|
|Region||Area / km2||Household[*1]||population[*1]||Old municipality|
|(Former Saga City)||127.49||67,716||161,551||Saga City|
|Morotomi Town||12.02||3,985||1,1392||Morodomi-cho, Saga-gun|
|Yamato Town||55.42||8,071||22,319||Yamato Town, Saga County|
|Fuji Town||143.25||1,512||4,314||Fuji-cho, Saga-gun|
|Mise Village||40.70||489||1,431||Mitsusemura, Kanzaki District|
|Kawazoe Town||46.49||5,802||1,7724||Saga-gun Kawasoemachi|
|Higashiyoka Town||15.39||2,747||8,684||Higashiyoka-cho, Saga-gun|
|Kubota Town||14.39||2,752||8,394||Kubota-cho, Saga-gun|
|Population distribution by age in Saga City and the whole country (2005)||Population distribution by age and gender in Saga City (2005)|
■Green-All over Japan
Changes in the population of Saga City (corresponding area)
|Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsStatistics Bureau CensusThan|
2010 year 10 month 1 dayCensusStatistics of time
- Population: X NUM X people
- DID (Concentrated area) Population: 138,000-In addition to the central city, a sub-city is formed in Taiwa Town..
- Daytime population ratio: 107.11% (2010) --In Saga PrefectureTosu CityandGenkai TownNext to 3rd place.
- Average age: 40.3
- Young population (0-14) Percentage: 14.31%
- Working-age population (15-64) Percentage: 72.10%
- Aged population (65-) Percentage: 23.36%
Place name in Saga Citychecking ...
Land readjustment project
- Saga City land readjustment project (city enforcement,1938(Showa 13) ~1940(Showa 15))
- Kamino Daiichi Construction Zone land readjustment project (city enforcement,1960(Showa 35) ~1977(Showa 52))
- Kamino No. XNUMX construction area land readjustment project (city enforcement,1967(Showa 42) ~1981(Showa 56))
- Kamino Third Construction Zone Land Readjustment Project (city enforcement,1972(Showa 47) ~1980(Showa 55))
- Nishikamino land readjustment project (union enforcement,1973(Showa 48) -1980 (Showa 55))
- Yaemizo land readjustment project (JointArticle 3, paragraph 1,1975(Showa 50) ~1976(Showa 51))
- Nabeshima Land Readjustment Project (Union Enforcement, 1980 (Showa 55) ~1990(2))
- HyogoLand readjustment project (union enforcement,1987(Showa 62) ~1997(9))
- Hyogokita land readjustment project (Yumesaki Cosmos Town /Youme Town SagaIn addition, union enforcement,1998(10) ~2012(24))
Jomon PeriodからYayoi PeriodThe plain area in the southern part of the city was still on the seabed, but it is now due to repeated transgression and regression and sediment transportation by rivers.Saga PlainIs made. AlsoAriake SeaThe plain area was further expanded by the reclamation of.
Ritual systemBelowHizen countryThe Hizen Kokufu was set up in the present Yamato Town, Saga City. In the Warring States periodRyuzojiIncluding,Mr. Nabeshima-Mr. Ishii-Takagi-Mr. Oho-Mr. HachinoheThe lords of the land such as, etc. were assigned, but Mr. Ryuzoji integrated them and became a Sengoku daimyo. The foundation of the castle town was formed. After Mr. Ryuzoji died1608(Keicho 13th year), he was a senior vassal of Mr. RyuzojiNaoshima NaoshimaBecame the feudal lord, and after thatAbandoned DomainUntilMr. NabeshimaGovernSaga DomainBecame the home ofSaga CastleWas built. The area around the current city of Saga, which was a small town centered on water transportation and agriculture, was built by the Saga Domain after the construction of Saga Castle.castle townDeveloped as a company, and the commerce and industry developed greatly.
The Saga domain is also known as the Hizen domain,Meiji RestorationAtRedemption"Shocho ToiIt became one of. Also, because it was close to NagasakiWestern OfScience and technologyActively introduced, and at the end of the Tokugawa shogunate, the refining method (Clan Science and Technology Research Institute),Reflection furnace,Mietsu Naval Dock(Shipyard / Navy training center) etc. are installed and made of ironCannon,Steam ship, FingerTelegraph(Acel telephone card), Dark boxカメラEtc. were produced on their own without relying on foreign engineers, and greatly contributed to the modernization of science and technology in Japan.
In the Meiji era, with the abolition of Saga prefecture, it changed to Saga prefecture, Imari prefecture, Saga prefecture, Mizuma prefecture, Nagasaki prefecture, and finally Saga prefecture was separated and entered the prefecture area. The city area at the time of the enforcement of the city system in 1889 was a part of the current city center, but it became the former Saga city due to the great merger of Showa and the current city area of Saga city due to the great merger of Heisei. As a result, the city area expanded to the border of Fukuoka prefecture. Population sizeSpecial cityMeet the requirements (20 people)2014It was migrated on April 4st.
Saga CityPacific War OfAir raidIn the attackU.S. ForcesThe bombing priority by was never low at 180st out of 101 cities, but fortunatelySaga air raidHowever, the damage to the center was avoided due to the accidental bombing attack, and the old townscape of the castle town remained as it was.However, after that, there was no conspicuous movement to preserve the cityscape, and many of them were lost due to disorderly rebuilding.Saga City Folklore MuseumYou can only see the streets of Machiya architecture from Edo-Taisho and Western-style architecture from Meiji-Taisho along the Nagasaki Highway in the eastern part of the old castle town where the buildings are located. There are few old townhouses and Western-style buildings scattered around. However, the town divisions and waterways from the Edo period are well preserved, and the waterways and stone bridges of the stone wall revetment from the Edo period are still in active use.
Since the 1970s, Saga City has been rapidly developed and has become more like a city, but until then it had the same scenery as a rural area except for a part of the city center.
- Around 5000 BC (Jomon PeriodFirst term) --Large scale of Chifu, KinryumachiShell moundIs a groupTomei RuinsIs formed.Jomon KaishinAs a shell mound at the same timeChikushi PlainOnly inWest JapanBut the largest shell mound.
- 4st centuryEnd- 5st centuryfirst half(Kofun period) --At the southern foot of Mt. KinryuzanFront and rear circleHowever, it is built.
- 5st centuryEnd-at the southern foot of Mt. KinryuzanTumulusIsNishiguma tumulusIs built.
- 6st century - 7st centuryAround --- in Kawakubo, KuboizumimachiObikumayama KamigoishiIs the prototype ofYamashiroIs presumed to have been built.
- 8st centuryFirst half-Yamatocho KuikeiRuins of Hizen National Government OfficeIs established (estimated). After that, it is thought that it was functioning until the end of the 9th century.
- 12st century --Yamashiro, Kasuga, Taiwa Town, but established.
12th century- 16st century(Kamakura Period-Muromachi Period): In the plains at this time, smallGround-family・ InfluentialCommon peopleWhile advancing the reclamation of Nitta, they became their own territoryMoatHe built and allocated a well-developed castle. Kuboizumimachi is a typical remains of this time. When the Warring States period beganMizugae CastleWas based inRyuzoji Sengoku DaimyoAs a result, it expands its power to a wide area in northern Kyushu,OtomoPushed by the eastern part of Hizen.17st centuryRyoke at the beginningMr. NabeshimaInherited toSaga DomainBecome a lord.
- 1602(7th year of Keicho)- Saga CastleThe renovation of the main enclosure begins.
- 1611(Keicho 16th year) --The renovation is completed and Saga Castle is completed.
- GenwaYear (1615 - 1624Around)- Shigeyasu NaritomiWas built by (Shigeyasu Naritomi Hyogo)Tafuse RiverThroughKase RiverWater intake and flood control from Saga Castle will be planned.
- 1726(Kyoho 11th year) --The main enclosure was destroyed by a large fire. Move the center of political affairs to Ninomaru.
- 1835(Tenpo 6th year) --Ninomaru was destroyed by a large fire. Move the center of political affairs to Honmaru again.
17st century - 19st century(Edo Period-Meiji EraFirst term)- Saga DomainRebuilt the initial tight finances through Nitta development and frugality,Nagasaki HighwayIt is advanced from the advantage of the place that it had and was also guarding NagasakiScience and technologyBy advancing the introduction ofBakumatsuHas come to have high military and technical capabilities.Overthrow movementParticipation inBoshin WarIt was a latecomer, but since thenMeiji governmentProduce a lot of human resources.
- 1870(Meiji3 years) --- of the Saga domainSamurai286 members of the Saga Immigrant Group were organized aroundHokkaidoKushiroIt corresponds to the development of.
- 1871(4th year of Meiji)May 9 --Saga prefecture (at that time) was renamed Imari prefecture, and the prefectural officeImariMoved to.
- 1872(5th year of Meiji)May 5 - ImariThe prefectural office was moved to Saga and renamed from Imari prefecture to Saga prefecture (at that time).
- 1874(7th year of Meiji)May 2 - May 3 - Samurai rebellionThe beginning ofSaga no RanHappens.
- 1889(22th year of Meiji)May 4 - Municipal systemWith the enforcement, Saga City was established with the current center of Saga City as the city area.
- 1891(24th year of Meiji)May 8 - Kyushu RailwaySaga Line (currentNagasaki Main Line) Tosu-Saga opened.
20st century ――Saga in the Meiji era will grow as a local city as the development progresses and the population increases as an industrial city centered on light industry centered on agriculture and textiles and a political base where the prefectural office is located.
- 1933(Showa8 years)May 12 - Saga TamayaOpened.
- 1935(10)May 5 - Saga LineSaga-The Chikugo Okawa area is extended and opened.
- 1945(20)May 8Midnight-American air raid on Saga City. 63 aircraft fired 2196, 439 in the first incendiary bombing in Saga PrefectureTdrop.
World War IAfter that, major industries will shift from agriculture to commerce and industry, but the growth of heavy industry and machinery industry will be sluggish. Although it is relatively gradual compared to other cities in Kyushu, it is being developed as a central city in the Saga metropolitan area, and its population will continue to increase until the 1990s.
- 1949(Showa 24) -24 Water. Heavy rains caused floods, killing dozens of people and flooding more than 2 homes.
- 1953(28)6 - 28 water.. The heavy rain broke the embankments of most of the rivers in the Saga Plain, causing 62 dead and missing people, totaling 249 billion yen (the amount at that time, equivalent to 1300 billion yen now). A wide area in the southern part of the current city area was flooded, destroying the reclaimed embankment of Higashikawa Soemura (at that time) and forcibly draining it.
- 1955(30)9 - Chikugo RiverTwo bridges that straddle, Morodomi Bridge that connects Morodomi Town and Oaza Island, the island and Fukuoka PrefectureOkawa CityTieOkawabashi(BothNational Route 208) Are opened. The ferry, which had been used on a daily basis alongside railways, will be abolished.
- 1957(32)3 --To Fuji and MitsuseKitayama DamIs completed.
- 1963(38)May 3 --The Saga Prefectural Gymnasium (later the Ichimura Memorial Gymnasium) was completed.Kiyoshi IchimuraDonated by.
- 1963 (Showa 38) --Saga High School is separated, and three high schools, Saga East, Saga Nishi, and Saga Kita, are established.
- 1971(46)May 12 --Kanjonishi-dori and Southern Bypass (both National Route 208), which were maintained to alleviate traffic congestion in the city center, have opened.
- May 2 - Saga StationWill be elevated and moved 100 m north to start operations at the new station building.
- 10 -CurrentSaga UniversityCorresponds to the medical schoolSaga Medical UniversityEstablished (opened in 1978). Since then, housing development will proceed in the Nabeshima area where the campus is located.
- 10 month - 11 - Saga General Sports GroundSaga as the main venueNational Athletic Meet(Wakakusu National Athletic Meet) will be held.
- 1980May 11 -CurrentSaga International Balloon FestaThe corresponding "Balloon Festein Kyushu" was held for the first time in Saga.
- 1985(60)May 3 - Nagasaki ExpresswayTosu IC - Saga Yamato ICThe space is open.
- 1986(Showa 61)- Mise PassAs a bypassMise tunnelOpened.
- 1987(62)May 3 --The Saga Line is abolished. The means of transportation was changed to buses.
- 1989(HeiseiXNUMXst year) --XNUMXth anniversary of the enforcement of the city system,Saga City Cultural CenterOpened, the first in AsiaHot air balloon world championshipHeld.
- 1991(3)- Garbage6 separate collection started.
- 1996(8)May 8 - Yamato spinningAs part of the redevelopment of the former Saga factory siteSaga City LibraryOpening. (The library utilization rate of citizens in the former Saga City was the highest in Japan)
- 1998May 7 --In Kawasoe TownAriake Saga Airport(CurrentKyushu Saga International Airport) Is open.
- 2003(15)May 4 --Municipal city gas business transferred to a private company.
- 2004(16)May 6 --In the southern part of the city竜 巻Occurred and damaged hundreds of homes.
- 2005(17)- Inside the castleOver the use of the site of the Saga City Waterworks Bureau, it increased with the development of the Saga Castle Honmaru History Museum.Saga Castle ParkDue to the landscape conservation movement, the sale from the city to the construction company becomes a problem. As a result, the prefecture bought back (more than half of the actual burden was the city)... After that, in 2007, the prefecture formulated the "Saga Castle Regeneration XNUMX Years Plan", and park maintenance projects such as the restoration of Higashibori are underway.
- September 2014, 26- Special cityMoved to.
Changes in administrative areas
- 1889(22th year of Meiji)May 4 : Municipal system enforced.Saga City, a city centered around the current castle district, was established.Area 4.80 km2, Population 25,628 (same day survey). It also corresponds to the current city areaSagaKanno Village, Nishiyoka Village,Higashiyoka Village・ Kase Village ・Hyogo village・ Furuse Village ・ Takagise Village ・ Kitakawasoe Village ・Honjo Village-Nabeshima Village・ Kindachi Village ・ Kubo Izumi Village ・Kubota Village・ Higashikawa Deputy Village ・ Nishikawa Deputy Village ・ Shinkita Village ・ Kasuga Village ・ Kawakami Village ・ Matsuume Village ・ Ozeki Village ・ Minamikawa Deputy Village ・ Nakagawa Deputy Village ・ Onoshima Village,Kanzaki DistrictHasuike Village-Mise Village,Ogi District27 villages, Minamiyama Village and Kitayama Village, were established.
- 1899(32th year of Meiji)May 6 : Furuse Village changed its name to Kose Village.
- 1922(Taisho 11)May 10 : Incorporated Kanno Village into Saga City. 9.09 km2, 38,483 people (same year survey).
- 1935May 11 : Hasuike Village enforces the town system.HasuikemachiBecomes
- 1953 (Showa 28) April 4: Minamikawa Soemura enforces the town system.It becomes Minamikawa sub-town.
- 1954(29)May 3 : Incorporated Nishiyoka Village, Kase Village, Hyogo Village, Kose Village, and Takakise Village into Saga City.
- October 1954, 29: Incorporated Kitakawasoe Village, Honjo Village, Nabeshima Village, Kinryu Village, and Kuboizumi Village into Saga City.
- 1955May 3 : Higashikawa Soemura and Shinkitamura merged to form a new mergerMorotomi TownWas launched.
- April 1955, 30: Part of Hasuike, Mishima Komatsu, and Koga were transferred to Saga City.The other areas were newly established and merged with the other three villages in Kanzaki District.ChiyodaWill be. 103.68 km2, 126,432 (Census of the same year).
- April 1955, 30: Minamikawa Soemachi, Nakagawa Soemura, and Onoshima Village were newly established and merged.Kawazoe TownWas launched.
- April 1955, 30: Kasuga Village, Kawakami Village, and Matsuume Village merged,Yamato VillageWas launched.
- 1956(Showa 31) September 9: Ozeki Village, Minamiyama Village, and Kitayama Village merged to form a new company.Fuji villageWas launched.
- September 1956, 31: Incorporated Nishikawasoe Village into Kawasoe Town.
- 1959(34) January 1: Yamato Village enforces the town system.Yamato TownBecomes
- 1966(Showa 41) October 10: Higashiyoka Village enforces the town system.Higashiyoka TownBecomes
- October 1966, 41 (Showa 10): Fuji village enforces the town system.Fuji TownBecomes
- 1967(Showa 42) April 4: Kubota Village enforces the town system.Kubota TownBecomes
- October 2005, 17: Saga City, Morodomi Town, Saga District, Yamato Town, Fuji Town, and Mitsuse Village, Kanzaki District were newly established and merged to form Saga City under the new city system.10 km before the merger2, 166,745, total number of households 65,443, population density 1607 / km2..355.15 km after the merger2, 206,967 people, 77,853 households, 583 people / km2(Both census in the same year).
- 2007(19) October 10: Incorporated Saga-gun Kawasoemachi, Higashiyoka-cho, and Kubota-cho into Saga City.1 km after the merger2, About 240,000 people, about 89,400 households, 556 people / km2(Estimated on the same day).
Merger of municipalities
The current Saga City is "Great Heisei mergerAs part of this, on October 2005, 17, Morodomi-cho, Saga-gun,Yamato Town,Fuji Town,Kanzaki DistrictMise VillageWas merged with (new merger) and established as a new Saga city.All the towns and villages that were dissolved due to the merger retain their name as an area in Saga City.This also made the city area adjacent to Fukuoka City.Cases where prefectural office locations are adjacent to each otherKyoto CityとOtsu City,Sendai cityとYamagataThis is the third case following.
Furthermore, on October 2007, 19, Kawasoemachi, Higashiyokacho, and Kubotacho, which remained until the end in Saga-gun, were incorporated, and the wide-area merger of the Saga-shi-gun area was completed.In addition, Saga City before the Great Heisei Consolidation has a history of expanding its scale due to the "Great Showa Consolidation", and due to the Great Heisei Consolidation, in Saga Prefecture,Ogi DistrictDisappeared, Kanzaki-gun,Higashimatsuura District,Nishimatsuura DistrictandFujitsu-gunSo, there is only one municipality in the county.
As a policy of the city administration, the first comprehensive plan cites "a town full of kindness and vitality" woven by people and nature.
2000 eraUnder the leadership of former Mayor Hayashi Kinoshita, the transfer of the municipal city gas business to the private sector was carried out in a way that overwhelmed the strong resistance of the city staff union, and the city window was renewed and the city facilities and organizations were reviewed. ,NAS battery,IP phoneCost reduction by introduction,Samsung groupMajor reforms have been made, such as cost reduction measures such as the introduction of a new information processing system jointly developed with the affiliated Samsung SDS. Criticism was raised against this rapid reform of Kinoshita municipal administration, and the city staff union also rebelled, and Toshiyuki Hideshima (the city who served as the director of the city waterworks bureau etc.) in the mayoral election in September 2005 Employee OB) is the Liberal Democratic Party and the Social Democratic Party[Annotation 1] Winning in response to the unusual form of recommendation. There was a mix of voices praising the successful fiscal recovery.
Revitalization of the central shopping district and the central city area from Saga station square to the castle is a major issue for the city administration. Large-scale suburban commercial areas along highways (see "Economy and Industry" section) are increasing the number of customers, while the traffic in the city center isBubble burstSince then, it has been steadily decreasing. Store closures and withdrawals are progressing one after another in the shopping district, so-calledShutter streetTherefore, hollowing out has become a problem. A complex of commercial facilities and apartments funded by the city with the aim of rolling backS-platzThe operation of the company has been strict since the beginning, the number of customers has been sluggish, and many tenants have changed, and it is still straying.
In addition, population outflow and aging are progressing in mountainous areas such as Mitsuse, Fuji, and Yamato, which became the city area due to the merger of cities, towns and villages.DepopulationRegional promotion is also an issue.
|First||Gensaku Ishimaru||1889May 5||August, 1891|
|2||Katsuichi Ishimaru||1892May 2||August, 1896|
|3||Akiaki Nagata||1896May 4||1898/2/23|
|4||Muraoka||1898May 11||August, 1899|
|5 6||Katsuichi Ishimaru||1899May 10||August, 1909|
|7||Yoshiyuki Hasegawa||1910May 1||1912/4/19|
|8 12||Noguchi Noguchi||1912May 7||1931/2/2|
|13||Tomoo Noda||1931May 2||1932/7/2|
|14||Takayoshi Yokoo||1932May 8||1936/8/19|
|15 17||Isamu Hashizume||1936May 8||1946/10/15|
|18||Noguchi Nokei||1947May 4||1951/4/14||Public election after this generation|
|19 20||Akira Ono||1951May 4||1959/4/30|
|21 25||Torao Miyata||1959/5/1||1979/4/30|
|26 27||Tsuyoshi Miyajima||1979May 5||1987/1/15|
|28 30||Masatoshi Nishimura||1987May 2||1999/2/14|
|31 32||Toshiyuki Kinoshita||1999May 3||2005/9/30|
|First-4||Toshiyuki Hideshima||2005/10/23||2021October 10 (depending on term)||Incumbent|
November 2017, 10 Execution
November 2013, 10 Execution
*Number of voters on the day: 187,896 Final voting rate: 59.23% (vs. -4.1pts)
|Candidate name||age||Affiliated party||Old and new||Number of votes obtained||Voting rate||Recommendation/support|
|Toshiyuki Hideshima||71||Independent||Now||39,483 vote||36.0%|
|Shujo Shinozuka||63||Independent||新||37,724 vote||34.4%|
|Tomio Ogawa||58||Independent||新||17,825 vote||16.3%|
|Minoru Kawasaki||52||Independent||新||14,577 vote||13.3%|
November 2009, 10 Execution
*Number of voters on the day: 187,512 Final voting rate: 63.33% (vs. -5.63pts)
|Candidate name||age||Affiliated party||Old and new||Number of votes obtained||Voting rate||Recommendation/support|
|Toshiyuki Hideshima||67||Independent||Now||70,856 vote||61.0%|
|Keiji Kambara||63||Independent||新||45,322 vote||39.0%|
November 2005, 10 Execution
*Number of voters on the day: 160,266 Final voter turnout: 68.96% (vs. .pts)
|Candidate name||age||Affiliated party||Old and new||Number of votes obtained||Voting rate||Recommendation/support|
|Toshiyuki Hideshima||63||Independent||新||56,773 vote||51.9%|
|Toshiyuki Kinoshita||45||Independent||前||52,538 vote||48.1%|
 For the time being, most administrative operations will be carried out by the branch offices of each old municipality. Most of the counter operations are currently carried out at the main office and branch offices, respectively.
The main office is the General Affairs Department, Planning and Coordination Department, Economic Affairs Department, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Department, Construction Department, Environment Department, Citizen's Life Department, Health and Welfare Department, Child-rearing Support Department, Regional Promotion Department, Education Department, Saga Station Area Development Concept Promotion Office 11 There is one room in the department. For branch offices, almost the same organizational allocation is done on a section-by-section basis.
Municipal enterprise sectorOperates the Transportation Bureau and the Water and Sewerage Bureau.
City hall branch location
- Morodomi Branch (840-2192 Morodomi, Oaza, Morodomi-cho, Saga-shi 1-2)
- Yamato Branch (840, Yamatocho Oazani, Saga City, 0292-1870)
- Fuji Branch (840 Oaza Furuyu, Fuji Town, Saga City, 0598-2685)
- Mitsuse Branch (842 Mitsuse, Mitsuse Village, Saga City, 0301-2764)
- Kawasoe Branch (840-2295, Oaza Kae, Kawasoemachi, Saga City, 623-1)
- Higashiyoka Branch (840, Higashiyokacho, Saga City, 2221-1193)
- Kubota Branch (849-0203 Oaza Nitta, Kubota-cho, Saga City 3331-3)）
2007May 10After the merger of the three southern towns, the provisional fixed number was 3 (44 in Kawasoe, 3 in Higashiyoka, 1 in Kubota).2009(21)May 10After the election, it returned to the ordinance fixed number, and the current fixed number is 36 people.
- Chair: Hiroaki Kawarada, Vice-Chair: Hirokazu Kamura
- LDPMunicipal Council (7 people) -Representative: Hiroshi Yamaguchi Exhibition, Deputy Representative: Yoshide Hirahara
- LDPSaga (6 people) -Representative Hiromi Egashira, Deputy Representative Ryunosuke Kawasoe
- LDPSeishinkai (5 people) -Representative Shoji Fukui, Deputy Representative Masayuki Tsutsumi
- Komeito(4 people) -Representative, Taku Muraoka, Deputy Representative, Masahiro Ikeda
- Network saga(3 people) -Representative Shinji Yamashita, Deputy Representative Seiichiro Yamada
- Civil society club(3 people) -Representative: Noriaki Matsunaga, Deputy Representative: Yasuhiro Nonaka
- Seikenkai (2 people) -Representative: Yoshihiro Nishioka, Deputy Representative: Masaaki Chiwata
- Japan Communist Party(1 person) -Shigetoshi Nakayama
- Saga Mirai (1 person) -Kazuko Shirakura
- Municipal Future (1 person) -Hiroshi Mikuriya
- Municipal Government of Mitsuaki (1 person) -Naoyuki Kawasaki ("Saga AirportToSDFTransport aircraftOspreyBecause he could not agree with the "acceptance" resolution of the deployment plan and withdrew from the new self-government association.2019May 10,Punishment Act for ViolenceOn suspicion of violation (intimidation)Current offenderArrestAndDocument inspection.）
- Citizens' joint (1 person) -Akiko Yamashita (XNUMX person)partyBecause he did not keep his important decision, did not reflect on it, and did not change his attitude.Japan Communist PartyBecause I was removed from the register.）
- Vacancy (1 person)-(Because Representative Kazuo Matsuo died.)
- (As of May 2020, 10)
- Congress Secretariat
- Deputy Director
- Assembly General Affairs Division
- Affairs engagement
- Planning Legislation
- Assembly General Affairs Division
- Deputy Director
Scandals related to city council elections
In the city council election, the election in April 2003 (Heisei 15)Absentee ballotA typographical error was discovered in the party, and the candidate was rejected by one vote.Supreme CourtInvalidated by the judgment ofRe-election(In the re-electionNo votesIt became).
Also, in the next election in October 2005 (Heisei 17), there was a counting error that the number of votes was 10 more than the voters, and the difference was 13 vote (strictly 1 votes) in the judgment of the apportioned votes. The winning candidate will be invalid and the runner-up candidate will beAdvance winningdid.
Furthermore, in the 2007 Upper House election, the Saga City Election Commission continued to make mistakes, such as the double counting of absentee votes, which significantly delayed the counting of votes.
Scandals by city council members
October 2019, 10-Naoyuki Kawasaki City Council (3 years old, parliamentary group: Komei Municipal Government) turned a knife to his wife at home and said, "Your gott will kill you."IntimidationThe current offender was arrested and sent documents to the Saga Minami Police Station for violating the Punishment Law (intimidation) such as violent acts.
Kawasaki admitted that he had a knife, but denied threatening to kill him..
XNUM X Month X NUM X Day,releaseAnd on October 10, apologized to the chairman and vice-chairman of the city council.In addition, Kawasaki's wife submitted a petition to the Saga District Court and the Saga District Public Prosecutors Office on the 7th..
- Selected from Saga CitySaga prefectural assemblyMemberThe fixed number is 11 seats.
- Shigeyuki Absence (8th term, Liberal Democratic Party)
- Kihara Fumi (7th term, Liberal Democratic Party)
- Akemi Muto (7th term, Japanese Communist Party)
- Kiyotaka Tokumitsu (4th term, prefectural network)
- Teruki Fujisaki (4th term, prefectural network)
- Yoshinori Eguchi (3rd term, prefectural network)
- Tsunehiro Kawasaki (3rd term, Liberal Democratic Party)
- Yozo Koga (3rd term, Liberal Democratic Party)
- Hirokatsu Nishikubo (2nd term, Liberal Democratic Party)
- Shoichi Nakamoto (2nd term, Komeito)
- Yuko Ichinose (1st term, Saga Sanka no Kai)
- House of Representatives --Saga CitySaga Prefecture 1st WardとSaga Prefecture 2st WardThe small constituencies were divided into two districts, but due to the review of the division in 2013, the entire area of Saga Prefecture's 1st district was designated as that area.
|Representative name||Party name||Number of wins||Remarks|
|Kazuhiro Haraguchi||Constitutional Democratic Party||8||Constituency|
|Kazuchika Iwata||LDP||3||Proportional revival|
- House of Councilors --Saga CitySaga Prefectural constituencyIt belongs to (all prefectures, fixed number of 2 seats).
|Representative name||Party name||Number of wins||Remarks|
|Fukuoka Shimaro||LDP||2||24 times(2016)|
|Yamashita Yuhei||LDP||1||23 times(2013)|
- 裁判 所
- National Police Agency
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
- Kyushu District Administrative Evaluation BureauSaga Administrative Oversight Administrative Counseling Center
- Ministry of Justice
- Fukuoka Immigration BureauSaga branch office
- Ministry of Finance
- Fukuoka Finance BureauSaga Finance Office
- Nagasaki Customs Miike Customs Branch Kurume Branch OfficeSaga Airport Office
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Kyushu Agricultural Administration Bureau Saga Prefecture Base
- Kyushu Agricultural Administration BureauNorthern Kyushu Land Improvement Research and Management Office Kasegawa Upstream Branch
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Kyushu Regional Development BureauSaga National Highway Office
- Kyushu Regional Development BureauSaga River Office
- Kyushu Transport BureauSaga Transport Bureau
- Osaka Aviation BureauSaga Airport Branch Office
- Ministry of Defense
Wide area administration / public services
- Saga Chubu Wide Area Union(Saga City, Taku City, Ogi City, Kanzaki City, Yoshinogari Town, Kanzaki District)- Long-term care insuranceA wide-area union that is in charge of firefighting affairs over a wide area.
The whole areaSaga Wide Area Fire Bureau(In addition to Saga City, it has jurisdiction over Taku City and Ogi City, and Kanzaki City and Yoshinogari Town, Kanzaki District).There are 3 Saga Fire Department, Southern Fire Department, Northern Fire Department, East Branch, West Branch, Central Branch Office, and Sansui Branch Office in Saga City.Fire department2 branch offices and 2 branch offices are located.2013(HeiseiUntil 25 years)Mise VillageOnly the Kanzaki District Fire Department was under the jurisdiction (formerly Mitsusemura, Kanzaki City, and Yoshinogari Town, Kanzaki District).
- Saga Prefectural PoliceSagakita Police Station --Formerly under the jurisdiction of northern Saga City (generally north of the JR Nagasaki Main Line), Yamato, Fuji, and Mitsuse (police box: 6 locations, police box: 7 locations)
- Saga Prefectural PoliceSaga Minami Police Station --Formerly under the jurisdiction of the southern part of Saga City (generally south of the Nagasaki Main Line), Morotomi, Kawasoe, Higashiyoka, and Kubota (police box: 5 locations, police box: 11 locations)
- Saga City Water and Sewerage Bureau-Former Saga City, Morodomi, Yamato
- Saga Eastern Waterworks Enterprise Group-Higashiyoka, Kawasoe is in charge
- Nishi Saga Waterworks Enterprise Group-Jurisdiction over Kubota
In other areas, common water supply and private wells are used.
- In addition to the Saga City public sewerage system, which is centrally treated over a wide area, there are four types of operations: Saga City municipal septic tank, which is operated on a village-by-village basis, specific environmental conservation public sewerage system, and agricultural village drainage.
- --Developed mainly in the former Saga City.
- Former Saga City and Kubota are jointly operated, Kawasoe and Higashiyoka are also jointly operated, Mitsuse and Morodomi are collected by the Spinal Joint Dust Disposal Association, and Yamato and Fuji are collected by old town. ..
- Uemura Hospital
- Ono Hospital
- Koike Hospital
- National Hospital Organization Saga Hospital
- Koyanagi Memorial Hospital
- Sakaino Hospital
- Saga Memorial Hospital
- Saga Medical Center Koseikan(Disaster base hospital）
- Community Health Care Organization Saga Chubu Hospital(Former Saga Social Insurance Hospital)
- Saga City
- Saga Seikaku Gakuen Children's Development Medical Center
- Saga University Hospital(Disaster base hospital）
- Nayuta no Mori Hospital (former Seiseikai Hospital)
- Masashima Neurosurgical Hospital
- Soejima Hospital
- Tanaka Hospital
- Fukuda Neurosurgical Hospital
- Fujioka Hospital
- Fujikawa Hospital
- Morokuma Hospital
Regarding overtime pediatric medical care, the city has opened a Saga City Holiday Night Children's Clinic to provide support. Regarding emergency medical care such as overtime medical care other than children, the prefecture has Saga Prefecture Medical Institution Information / Emergency Medical Information System "99 is the netIs open.
As the main post office in Saga city, it is the central station of Saga prefecture facing the prefectural office, the main street in front of the station, and the through road.Saga Chuo Post Office, The largest collection and delivery station in Saga PrefectureSagakita Post Office(The collection and delivery business of Kasuga Post Office (〒2007-19) was transferred on February 2, 4.), Central Bureau of Morotomi DistrictMorodomi Post Officeand so on. In addition, since there is no regional division station in Saga prefecture, the regional division station in the city area isKurume Higashi Post Office(〒839-87), mail that crosses the collection and delivery station is once delivered via the Kurume East Post Office.
In the entire Saga cityUnit charge areaIs Saga MA,Area code The0952Is. By the way,1976Until now, the area code is 09522 and 5 digits, and when it is changed to 4 digits, the area / city code will be changed from 09522-X to 0952-30 in a part of the northern part of Saga city area as a measure against the tight number. It was conducted.
Economic and industrial
In the suburbs, we focused on large plains and grains that made use of water.Agriculture:, Suitable for the nature of the Ariake SeaSeaweedFocusing on aquacultureFishery:Has been maintained as a regional industry. In one industry, due to the traditional background,Heavy industrythanlight industryIs characterized by being more developed.
The large farmland, which was originally one of the leading rice-growing areas, has been maintained by converting it to vegetable fields in response to changes in the environment surrounding agriculture. Regarding industry, although it faces the sea (Ariake Sea) in terms of topography, heavy industry has not developed much because it is a shallow sea area where large ships cannot navigate. Also in the first half of the 20th centurycoalIn contrast to the western part of the prefecture, which prospered, the coal mining industry and its successor industry did not develop because there was no coal mine.
on the other hand,FoodThe food industry and the background of the industry's rootsfiberThere is a history of industrial development. The food industry is still strong,1970 eraFrom around that time, the textile industry was off the main axis. However1990 eraOr later,Northern KyushuToAutomobile-The automobile parts industry is growing newly, influenced by the concentration of the automobile parts industry.
Although it is the location of the prefectural office and the service industry occupies a large proportion in terms of the number of employees, the shipment value in commerce is not particularly large compared to other cities of the same size. Currently, the sales floor area is 5 m2There are three large suburban commercial facilities in the class competing with each other, and there is an imbalance in demand for supply, but on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, customers are also attracted from the southwestern part of the prefecture.
The number of companies with head offices and major sales offices is the highest in the prefecture's cities, but not necessarily many compared to the surrounding prefectures. Often found in local prefectural capitals,Branch economy cityThere is also a tendency.
In terms of population by industry, the tertiary industry accounts for more than 3%, but it is the lowest among the seven prefectures in Kyushu and the middle among all prefectures. While the proportion of secondary industry is small, the proportion of primary industry is relatively high. (October 7, 7, census data）
- Primary industry: 1 people (8,756%)
- Primary industry: 2 people (21,968%)
- Primary industry: 3 people (83,092%)
- Unclassifiable industry: 895 (0.8%)
- Primary industry: 1 (9,415%)-8.0 people (2,798%)
- Primary industry: 2 (25,585%)-21.8 people (16,022%)
- Primary industry: 3 (82,114%)-69.9 people (60,655%)
- Unclassifiable industry: 362 (0.3%)-275 people (0.3%)
Although it is the prefectural capital, the suburbs have wide fields and the cultivated area is 11,000.haAgriculture is also the largest in the prefecture. In the plains, which occupy most of the cultivated land, in the summer as a table workRiceProduced, as a double cropping from autumn to springbarley(EspeciallyNijo BarleyHas a high market share),wheatWheat, such assoyProduce beans such asDouble cropThe cultivated land utilization rate has been around 140%. As it is called the breadbasketCerealsThe feature is that the production of is generally large.
For suburban agriculture and large consumption areasVegetables,flowersThere is also a certain scale of production of the kind. For fruits, the Sagahonoka brandStrawberryIn addition to high production, on mountain slopesMandarin orange TheOpen fieldCultivation is also activeHouse cultivationThis is in contrast to the western part of the prefecture, where there are many.LivestockIn, beef cows, pigs, chickens, etc. are also bred mainly in the mountains. Notable is branded beefSaga beef, Local chicken, etc. In the mountainsforestryHas declined significantly due to a shortage of successors.
Before the Great Heisei Consolidation, the area facing the sea was small in the Saga city area, but on the Ariake Sea coast of the merged Kubota Town, Higashiyoka Town, and Kawasoe Town.SeaweedAquaculture is very popular. It is the main industry in the region, including the manufacturing industry such as related seaweed processing, and the value of seaweed production by municipality is the highest in Japan. Salbow (),Barnea dilatata,Wallacebo,MutsugorouYou can also catch seafood peculiar to the Ariake Sea,Local tasteIt is also popular as.
- Fishing port in the city
Currently, the light industry, centered on the food industry, has the largest shipment value. Due to the convenience of transportation, factories have been concentrated around Saga Station since the Meiji era, but from the postwar period to the 1970s.Yamato spinningWith the closure of the Saga factory at the top, the factories were withdrawn and relocated one after another due to urban development. Instead, industrial parks were created around the Nagasaki Expressway and national roads, where the cost of land development is low and transportation is convenient, and the attracted factories became the center of industry.
Ezaki GlicoThe group is the founderRiichi EzakiIs a local company because he is from Saga prefecture, and is still a subsidiary of Ezaki Glico in Taiwa Town.Glico Manufacturing JapanWe have a Saga factory.
Has a base near Saga StationTogami Electric WorksBy industry, the shipment value of electrical machinery and equipment is relatively large.
Also, in Morodomi TownAjinomotoThe Kyushu factory is also a major local company that has been located for a long time. Morotomi Town is Fukuoka Prefecture on the opposite bankOkawa CityAlongsideChestMainlyFurnitureThe industry is thriving and many small and medium-sized enterprises are gathering.Local industryIt has become. Also in Kubota Town1923Start of operationPrince materiaThe Saga factory is located.
Although the number of workers in the secondary industry is gradually declining, the city is in the process of attracting the Kuboizumi Industrial Park, promoting the traditional food industry, and northern Kyushu in order to maintain employment and foster industry. We are promoting the attraction of related industries in the automobile industry, which are being concentrated in Japan.
- Main factory clusters
Many shops gather as the central city of the central and eastern parts of the prefecture,Service industry,Wholesale trade,Retail trade, Restaurants are thriving. Since the 1990s, large-scale commercial facilities have been built one after another along the main roads in the suburbs, attracting more customers. On the other hand, hollowing out is becoming more serious in the shopping district in the city center.
Regarding the revitalization of the central city area, the lack of parking lots and the absence of major commercial facilities are mentioned. Also,Passenger car,busThere is also a shortage of parking lots, even though these are the main means of transportation for citizens. On the other hand, large commercial facilities in the suburbs, which have a vast sales floor area, are bustling due to their easy access by car, and commercial agglomeration is progressing along the main roads.
- Main commercial area
- Central shopping district-A shopping district in the city center around the prefectural office from Saga Station. Gintendori, Katadae,Tojin Town,Kuremonocho, Motomachi, New road,Mizugae, Prefectural office street, Hakusan, etc.Saga TamayaStores of various industries are scattered over a wide area with the anchor store.
- Southern Taiwa Town ion-Best electric appliancesSaga Yamato store ・Home wide-Ion cinemaLarge-scale commercial facility withAEON MALL Saga YamatoAccumulated around. It is close to the Nagasaki Expressway IC along Route 263.
- Hyogo Town (Yumesaki Cosmos Town) --Yume TownBest electric appliancesSaga Main StoreNitori-Toys'R'UsLarge-scale commercial facility withYoume Town SagaCentering around, aroundEdion,GOLF5, SPORTS DEPOEtc. are accumulated. Along National Route 34, Kanjo Higashi-dori.
- Kosemachi- Mr.Max-109 cinemasLarge-scale commercial facility withMallage SagaAccumulated around. Along National Route 264, Kanjo Higashi-dori.
In addition, large-sized roads along the main roads such as the ring road, other national highways 34, 263, and 208Roadside storeThere are places where people gather and small shopping streets.
Major companies headquartered in Saga City
Other channels are receiving broadcasts from neighboring prefectures. Detail isSaga Prefecture #TV Broadcasting StationSee. For other relay stations and channelsDigital TV relay station in Saga citySee.
For NHK Radio 2, in the plains and southern mountainsNHK Kumamoto Broadcasting Station(873 kHz) In the northern part of the mountainsNHK Fukuoka Broadcasting StationIt has a coverage area of (1017 kHz).
- Round bowl(Confectionery) --Nanban sweets
- Shiratama bun (Confectionery) --Sweets in front of the gate of Hizenkuniichi Shrine
- Amegata (Confectionery)
- Sagami Nishiki(Confectionery）
- Hizen Vidro --For experimentation from the end of Edo by refining methodGlasswareIt has been handed down as a craft since it was manufactured for tableware and lamps.
- --Developed as a product of the Saga domaincottoncarpet.
- ――The traditional manufacturing method that is handed down in Nao, Yamato-choJapanese paper.
- 佐賀Seaweed ――In addition to general products, we also produce many high-end products specialized for gifts. The finest products are sold under the name of "Saga Nori Ariake Sea Ichiban".
- University/Junior college
- high school
Prefectural high school
Private high school
- Junior high school
Saga City Junior High School
Saga Prefectural Junior High School
Private middle school
National University Junior High School
- primary school
Saga City Elementary School
National University Elementary School
Kindergarten attached to national university
- Saga Preschool ListSee.
- Special school
Attached to National University
- Miscellaneous schools / vocational schools
- Facilities other than school education
Since ancient timesNagasaki HighwayAnd the road along it,canalWas particularly developed.Meiji EraToTrainRoads began to develop after the opening of the road, but only in urban areas.After the war, Large roads developed due to land readjustment outside the city area,National bodyThe movement accelerated around the late 1970s when the event was held. After that, due to the increase in traffic volume, the traffic congestion in the central city area became more serious due to the narrow streets peculiar to the castle town, and in order to alleviate this, a ring road with almost all four lanes was constructed to surround the city area. The expressway was opened in 4 (Showa 1985) and continues to this day.
The old city area (former castle town area) is a remnant of the road that was developed to defend the Nagasaki Highway, and is a short and many-turned road. The inflow of large freight cars and passenger cars into the center is extremely low, and traffic congestion in the center is not a problem except during the morning and evening rush hours. In other surrounding areas, most of the roads are reclaimed from rice fields, so there are overwhelmingly straight roads, and many roads are easy for drivers to drive..
In recent years, the area around Tosu City in the eastern part of the prefecture has become the center of transportation, and it has a strong character as a transit point for roads and railroads connecting Kurume / Tosu and Nagasaki / Sasebo, and it has been sluggish as a base. The discontinuation of the JNR Saga Line, which connected the Kumamoto and Omuta areas, spurred this. However, regarding roads, the Ariake Sea coastal road that connects this area is being developed, and there is a possibility that it will be improved from the current situation if the Nishi-Kyushu Expressway that connects to the Karatsu area is also improved.
- Access to the surrounding area
- Eastern prefecture such as Tosu city,KurumeDirection : Nagasaki Main Line,34 No.-264 No.-Nagasaki Expressway
- Southwestern part of the prefecture such as Kashima City: Nagasaki Main Line, No. 34207 No.-444 No.
- Takeo City, Imari City, etc. Western Prefecture: Nagasaki Main Line ⇒Sasebo Line-Matsuura RailwayNishikyushu Line, Route 34498 No.・ Nagasaki Expressway
- Central part such as Taku city, northwestern part such as Karatsu city: Nagasaki main line ⇒ Karatsu line,203 No.-323 No.・ Nagasaki Expressway
- Fukuoka CityDirection: Nagasaki Main Line ⇒Kagoshima Main Line,263 No.-385 No., Nagasaki ExpresswayKyushu Expressway
- NagasakiDirection: Nagasaki Main Line, Route 34, Nagasaki Expressway
- SaseboDirection: Nagasaki Main Line / Sasebo Line, No. 3435 No.・ Nagasaki Expressway ⇒Nishi-Kyushu Expressway
- Omuta City-Kumamoto-shiDirection : 208 No.-Ariake coastal road
- Tokyo-OsakaDirection: Nagasaki Main Line-Kagoshima Main Line- Sanyo Main Line(Sanyo Shinkansen)・Tokaido Main Line(Tokaido Shinkansen), Saga Airport,Fukuoka CityDirection ⇒ Fukuoka Airport
- Saga Airport(Nickname: Kyushu Saga International Airport)
Located in Kawasoemachi (southernmost part of Saga City).For access, there is a fixed-route bus connecting the city center and Saga Airport, and a limousine taxi also operates.
From before the opening of Saga Airport to the presentFukuoka AirportIs used by citizens as a practical nearest airport. Fukuoka Airport has more flights and connecting cities in Japan and overseas, and the operating hours are diverse, and the Nishitetsu Express Bus that connects Saga Station Bus Center and Fukuoka Airport operates one or more per hour from the first train to the last flight. As far as public transportation is concerned, it is inferior in terms of convenience. In particular, Fukuoka Airport is overwhelmingly more convenient than Saga Airport from the northern part of the city because it has a stop similar to a fixed-route bus in a residential area along National Route 263 from the Saga Station Bus Center to the Saga Yamato Interchange. .. Even if you transfer between the Nagasaki Line and Kagoshima Line and the Fukuoka Municipal Subway, you can reach Fukuoka Airport more smoothly than Haneda Access from most areas of the Tokyo metropolitan area.
To counter this, Saga Airport has set up a large-scale free parking lot in front of the terminal to attract private car users, who are the main axis of regional transportation.
- Kyushu passenger railway(JR Kyushu)
Although it is the city where the prefectural office is located, there are few stations in the city, and there are only 4 permanent stations (5 temporary stations including the balloon station). This is the smallest prefectural capital in Japan.
- Nagasaki Expressway ――UphillTosu JCTConnect to Fukuoka / Oita / Kumamoto via, and to Nagasaki / Sasebo on the descent.
- Ariake Sea Coast Road - FukuokaOmuta CityとKashimaTieRegional high standard road..East of Kase Minami IC is not open.
- Saga Karatsu Road --Regional high standard road connecting Saga City and Karatsu City.All lines in Saga City are not open.
- Interchanges and junctions: Saga JCT --Kase IC --Kase Kita IC --Nabeshima IC --Yamato IC
- General national road
- Prefectural road (main local road)
- Main prefectural roads (other general prefectural roads areList of prefectural roads in Saga Prefecture(See)
- Saga Prefectural Road 333 Saga Circular East Line(Eastern Ring Road (Kanjo Higashi Dori))
- Other major roads
Adjacent to Saga Station by the following companiesSaga Station Bus CenterA route network connecting neighboring cities, towns and villages has been built around.
- Saga City Transportation Bureau(Saga Municipal Bus): Has routes mainly throughout the plains of Saga City. There is also a Saga Airport shuttle bus to / from Saga City.
- Showa Motor(Showa Bus): Northern Saga City小 城市NorthernTaku City-Karatsu CityRoutes that mainly connect the northern, northwestern, and northeastern parts of the prefecture with the center of Saga City.
- Yutoku Bus : Takeo City-Kashima-Ureshino CityRoutes that mainly connect the western and southwestern parts of the prefecture with the center of Saga City.
- West Japan Railwaygroup(Nishitetsu bus): Of the subsidiaryNishitetsu Bus Kurume-Nishitetsu Bus Saga KanzakiIn the eastern part of the prefecture and in Fukuoka prefectureKurume-Okawa City-YanagawaIt operates a line connecting Saga City center with. Also with the center of Saga cityFukuoka CityConnect the centerExpress Bus"Wakusu issue, With the center of Saga CityFukuoka AirportWe operate a highway bus that connects Saga Airport and the center of Fukuoka City.
- Yutaka Transportation: The night coach "Yutaka Liner" that connects Keihanshin and Northern KyushuKinryu Service AreaとSaga StationStop near.
- Joyx Transportation : KanzakiOperates the Mitsuse Kanzaki Line that connects Mitsuse and Mitsuse districts.
- : In charge of the microbus service that operates in the morning and evening among the Fujimachi community buses.
- Fuji Town Community Bus-Operates in the former Fuji Town.Except for the above-mentioned Royal Tourism, it is operated by a shared taxi.Reservations are required except for morning and evening flights.
- Mise district community bus-Operates in the former Mise village.Operated by a shared taxi.
There is only a fishing port in the city, and there are no general passenger routes to and from Saga City. In Morodomi Town, regular pleasure boats and reservation-based pleasure boats operate in the summer.
Sister friendship city / partner city
- 1998May 5Former Kawasoe Town and Old KawasoeUsuda TownAgreed on "the relationship of philanthropy".October 2007, 10 Succession of the exchange city due to the merger.
- Tsunozumi Sano(Formerly from Kawasoe Town)Matsudaira Norikata(Tatsuoka feudal lord Matsudaira Noriyoshi) is Hakuaisha (later)Japanese Red Cross Society) Was founded.
- In Kawasoemachi, Saga City, there is the "History Museum of Sano Tsunetami and the Ruins of the Miezu Navy".
- Warren County(Warren County)WhenGlens Falls City(Glens Falls) (The United States of America New York State）
- Yeonje-gu(Yeonje-gu) (South KoreaBusan）
- 1998May 10Friendship City Alliance
- Focusing on mutual exchange between young people. Mutual publication of city bulletins is also carried out, and exchanges by politics and administration are also active.
- Lianyungang City(Lianyungang City) (People's Republic of ChinaJiangsu）
- 1998May 11Friendship City Alliance
- The long-standing cultural exchange and research related to Xu Fu led to the alliance.
- village(Cussac-fort-medoc) (FranceGironde）
- city(Lime) (Federal Republic of BrazilState of Sao Paulo）
Tourism / Culture
Around the city centerEdo PeriodToShigeyasu Naritomi HyogoBy Ishii Hi ConstructionKase RiverDivided fromTafuse RiverTributaries of small and medium-sized rivers stretched around the city, including the one that traversed the city and passed through the castle. In the old castle town, the waterways that flow through the main streets create a beautiful landscape, while the backs of the houses are covered with back-split canals for the purpose of supplying drinking water, and until around 40, domestic water and water. It was widely used as a playground. In addition, this water eventually reached an irrigation canal and was also used as agricultural water. However, the deterioration of water quality due to domestic wastewater gradually became a problem, and when it was no longer used as domestic water, the "Water Countermeasures Citizens' Conference" started from the civic movement (1980 -) The city's simultaneous river cleaning "River Love Week" campaign was carried out twice a year, which improved water quality, improved the landscape of the waterway network and raised awareness of conservation, and improved the waterside environment. Due to these circumstances and the environment, the former Saga CityWater Village Hundred ElectionHas been selected for.
Also, in the plainsSaga PlaincharacteristicCreekAre scattered a lot. The creek is supplied with water while adjusting the river and water volume in the summer, and plays a role like a pond in the winter, and has water most of the year. for that reason,Dragonfly,fire FlyIt is a natural feature of this area. These are also tourism resources and are used for tourism and environmental education under the title of "Dragonfly Kingdom Saga".
On the other hand, it is said that many mosquitoes are likely to occur due to the large number of waterfronts, and the city bulletin calls for mosquito control every year.Some people ridicule themselves as "Bunka City" (called "Culture City") in analogy to the sound of mosquito wings.
On the other hand, the waterside environment is good even in the mountains, and the oldFuji TownAs a "town of greenery, clear streams and hot springs"Water Village Hundred ElectionHas been selected for.
Everywhere on the street corner in the centerEbisuThe statues are scattered, and the total number is said to be close to 500.These were installed in the hope of prosperous business since the Edo period, and have been familiar to the citizens since ancient times.There has been no movement to take it up as a tourism material, but since 2004, tourism projects such as "Ebisu XNUMX Pilgrimage" have been carried out by citizen groups and the government..
Kofun periodFrom the ruins ofSaga DomainThe ruins of the castle of the era, and the end of the Edo periodReflection furnaceRelatively many to the traceHistoric siteIt is a historical city where In recent years, the excavation of tourism resources has been active, and the area around Saga Castle Honmaru, which was once buried in a residential area, has been evacuated, creating a touristy atmosphere. Since its opening, it has played a central role in sightseeing in the city. In addition, only at the knees of the Saga domain, which has become a part of the modernization of science and technology in Japan, it is backed by the first domestically produced steam locomotive model (steam locomotive model), steamship model, wet plate camera, and advanced photography and development technology. There are abundant science and technology modernization heritage produced at the end of the Edo period, such as a vivid portrait of the feudal lord Naomasa, an old photograph of the castle during the Keio era, and a Tonmes analysis table. Even now, Soejima Glass has inherited the glassware manufacturing that follows the flow of the Saga domain refining method as a remnant of that. Other intangible heritage is relatively abundant, and in ancient timesHizen Country CultureIn addition to the tradition ofHagakure,Xu FuLegends such as remain.
A notable point in food culture is the development of confectionery culture along the Nagasaki Highway (Sugar Road). In addition to using abundantly obtained sugar and glutinous rice and wheat harvested in the fertile Saga Plain, a variety of confectionery has been made for a long time by the manufacturing method introduced through the Nanban-Chinese trade. Unbelievably, many long-established confectionery stores in the city also actively sold castella by weight at 600g, and before the war, the confectionery industry was the third most popular profession. With the decline of the central area, the number of confectionery stores gradually decreased, and the number of confectionery stores became illusory, such as rice okoshi, which was once actively produced and became a specialty, and Sugadai, which is a type of golden flower sugar for weddings. There are also many. However, in recent years, sugar road has been in the limelight and has begun to attract attention again as a tourism resource.
Cultural public facilities
- More and more forest
- Saga City Library
- Saga Prefectural Women's Center / Saga Prefectural Lifelong Learning Center (complex facility, nicknamed "Avance")
- Around the castle area
- Sunrise district
- Saga General Athletic Field Athletic Field - Sagan TosuIt may be held several times a year as a quasi-home stadium.
- Saga Prefectural Gymnasium - Hisamitsu SpringsAs homeV・Premier LeagueMatch will also be held.
- Saga City Cultural Center ――For live performances and concerts, it is a central facility in Saga Prefecture.
- Saga Prefectural Forest Park Baseball Field
- Saga Blue Stadium(Saga City Baseball Field)
- Saga Health Center
- Saga City Morodomi Cultural Gymnasium(Heartful)
- Saga City Library (Higashi Yokakan)
- Kawasoe Public Hall (former Kawasoe Town Hall)
Historic sites / historical heritage
- --The oldest existing house in Saga prefecture, built in 1789. Fujicho Oaza Kami.
- In the vicinity of Kuboizumimachi, Kinryumachicho, and Taiwacho, there are many ancient tombs and other historical sites from ancient to medieval times or earlier.
- --A tumulus around the 4th century. country'sHistoric siteSpecified.
- Nishiguma tumulus --A tumulus around the 5th century. Designated as a national historic site.
- --Jomon-A complex of ruins from the Yayoi period and the Kofun period. Relocated with the construction of the Nagasaki Expressway in 1982.
- ――The excavated tile sutra is from the countryImportant cultural property(Stored at Saga Prefectural Museum).
- --The excavated boat-shaped sarcophagus is a national important cultural property (stored at the Saga Prefectural Museum).
- --The site where the national government of Hizen Province was located since the Ritsuryo era.
- Hizenkuniichi Shrine --Hizen ProvinceIchinomiya.. Enshrines the Goddess of the Day.
- --Rebuilt in 1273 (Bunei XNUMX). Toyotomi Hideyoshi Kampaku has visited.
- HagakureBirthplace-Kurodohara, Taiwa TownYamamoto TsunetomoThe monument is erected.
- Historic sites of the Saga feudal era and the Meiji Restoration period are scattered throughout the city of Saga.
- Saga CastleRuins, Saga Castle Honmaru History Museum (Homepage) ）
- Saga Shrine-Matsubara Shrine
- Yoga Shrine --The tower gate, the three torii gates, and the stone bridge are designated as national important cultural properties.
- Kodenji Temple --Ryuzoji and Nabeshima's family temple.
- Chokokan --The Nabeshima family museum.
- Tsukiji Reverberatory FurnaceTraces-Japan's first practical use in NagasechoReflection furnaceThe site of.
- Ruins of Tafuse Reverberatory Furnace-A furnace added to meet orders for iron cannons from the Shogunate.
- Ruins of Seirenkata-The site of the ruins of Seirenkata, a state-of-the-art research facility for Western science and technology at the end of the Edo period.
- --Founder and first president of Waseda UniversityOhte ShigenobuBirthplace / old house. Nationally designated historic site.
- - Ohte ShigenobuOpened to commemorate the 125th anniversary of the birth of Hou.Ohte ShigenobuAdjacent to the old house.
- Saga City Folklore Museum -Five historical buildings of the former Koga Bank, the former Koga family, the former Ushijima family, the former Sansho Bank, and the former Fukuda family that remain along the Nagasaki Highway.
- Nonaka Rhinoceros-Saga's long-established drug store. Stores in the Edo period are nationally registered tangible cultural properties. It is usually closed to the public, but holds the rare "Kaitai Shinsho First Edition" and the "Tonmes Analysis Table", which is an inorganic qualitative analysis table that is indispensable for gunpowder production.
- Chikugo River Lift Bridge --The former Japanese National Railways over the Chikugo RiverSaga LineMovable bridge painted in vermilion. National important cultural property. Mechanical engineering heritage.
- Yamaguchi Family Residence-An old folk house of "jogozukuri" peculiar to this area, which is said to have been built in the first half of the 19th century. National important cultural property. Kawasoemachi Oazama.
- Mietsu Naval DockRuins-The ruins of the Saga domain's naval office set up at the end of the Edo period. There were ship repair / operation and educational institutions such as steamships. world Heritage"Meiji Japan's Industrial Revolution Heritage Steel & Steelmaking, Shipbuilding, Coal Industry』\ Constituent assets.
- - Tsunozumi SanoThere is a permanent exhibition about the site of the Mietsu Naval Dock, and it will be reopened from the "Sano Tsunetami Memorial Hall" on September 2021, 9..
- Ryuzoji Takanobu statue and lantern(A testimony).
- Statue of Nabeshima Naomasa-Bronze statue of Nabeshima Naomasa, the teenage lord of the Saga Domain in Hizen Province. Rebuilt in 10 at the Ninomaru Ruins (North Square of the Saga Castle) on the north side of the Saga Castle Honmaru Palace.
- Statue of Yoshitake Shima-Bronze statue of Yoshitake Shima, a feudal lord of the Saga Domain, "father of pioneering Hokkaido". South side of Saga Castle Park "West Mikado Bridge".
- Yukiyuki Memorial-Higashiyoka Town.Emperor ShowaLastYukiyukiGround.
In addition, in various placesXu FuLegend remains. In Saga City alone, Kinryumachi Town, Morodomi Town, Fuji Town, and Taiwa Town are considered to be related to Xu Fu. Morodomi-cho Oaza "Ukiban", Kataba's reeds,Nikita ShrineThere are many legends on the route such as Juniper, Kinryumachi "Chifu", Atsushi Kannon, and Kinryuzan's Flofuki (Xu Fu Memorial Hall)..
Famous places, scenic spots, parks, etc.
- Kitayama Dam, ――It is used as a resort for fishing and cycling, and as a summer resort. It is also a famous place for walking paths and natural scenery.
- Mise Luber Ranch Acorn Village --A guest ranch inspired by a rural town in southern France.
- Yamabiko no Yu
- Tenzan Ski Resort ――The only ski resort in the prefecture, open in November ――March[Annotation 2] There is also a summer business such as a drift circuit.
- --XNUMX selections of rice terraces in Japan. Fujicho Furuyu.
- Furuyu Onsen ――It has prospered as a spa since ancient times. Beauty hot water.
- Kumanogawa Onsen ――Repeated ups and downs, it continues to the present as a spa.
- Kawakami Gorge ――It is also called "Arashiyama in Kyushu". Scenic spots, resorts, hot springs, etc. are scattered around the mountain stream.
- Kawakami Gorge Onsen --A small hot spring resort near the Kawakami Gorge.
- Kyoseki Park -10 mA park with the theme of the above megaliths.
- ―― 5 ―― There is a flower garden that is in full bloom in June.
- More and more forest
- , Kinryuyama Ikoi no Hiroba-Amusement facilities / outdoor facilities,Cherry Blossoms-Autumn leaves-CosmosFamous place. There is also a museum of plants and herbs.
- Yumesaki Park-Children's playground.
- Hasuike Park --Inheriting the garden of the Hasuike domain. Cherry blossomsirisFamous place.
- Gourd Island Park-Preserves the creek in the Saga Plain. Experiences on the theme of agriculture are also held.
- Tafuse RiverRiverside Park-A walking path from the city to the suburbs, a famous place for cherry blossoms.
- Jinno Park --There is a small zoo and a dragonfly pond. A row of cherry blossom trees (which is also connected to the adjacent Tabuse River) is planted throughout the garden, such as along the pond near Kakurin-tei.
- --Small but the only one in the prefectureamusement parkHave.
- Kakurin-tei-A reconstruction of the Nabeshima family's teahouse.
- Saga Prefectural Forest Park --There is a natural park and sports facilities.
- Saga Castle Park --A park that spreads along the castle moat and around the ruins of the castle. Walking paths, famous spots for cherry blossoms and autumn leaves.
- --Athletic facilities, tourist facilities.
- A cosmos garden and a cotton field are also maintained nearby.
- Kawasoe Sakura Road
- Matsudoi Park
- East yoka tidal flat(Ramsar ConventionWetlands, registered May 2015, 5)
- Higatayoka Park --Athletic facility.
- Colony-Ariake Sea coastal area in Higashiyoka Town.
- Fureai Creek Park
Festivals and events
- Dengaku at Shirahige Shrine --At Kawakubo, KuboizumimachiMay 10とMay 10Done inDakuraku.. In 2000 (Heisei 12)Important intangible folk cultural propertiesSpecified.
- Mishima's Kasedori --In the Mishima area of HasuikemachiNew yearA visiting god event to be held on the second Saturday of February. Designated as a national important intangible folk cultural property in 2 (Heisei 2).
- ――It will be held in October in Morodomi TownLion Dance.. It is designated as an important intangible folk cultural property of Saga Prefecture.
- Saga Castle Sakae no Kuni Matsuri ――It will be held in the center of the city in early August.
- Spirits sink - May 8Conducted from evening to night. Currently, it is mainly held along the Kase River in Kubota Town and in Hachinohe Town. In the olden days, it was held in various parts of the southern part of the city, but as ships and offerings drifted to the shore and disposal became a problem, more areas were refrained from doing so, and offerings were not put on.LanternIt has come to be implemented by taking measures such as making it only, specifying a place and collecting everything downstream, and making it a joint spirit ship.
- --June / July to August will be held mainly on Saturdays in the shopping district.
- Saga International Balloon Festa --Late October --International hot air balloon competition to be held in early November.
- SAGA Balloon Challenge Series --Late November --Small-scale tournament after the Balloon Fiesta is held intermittently until the end of February.
- Saga Light Fantasy-Balloon Festa Illumination of urban roads from the day before the opening to around January of the following year.
- Saga Castle Doll Festival-held from February to March.
- Tulip Festival-Held in Kubota Town in April.
- Furuyu Film Festival --A film festival to be held at Furuyu Onsen in Fuji Town in September.
- Sports team
- Saga barunors --Basketball,B2.LEAGUE
- Daiwa Act-Softball,Japan Softball League
- Saga soul - Adult baseball, The practice areaKohoku Town OfKohoku Municipal Hanayama Baseball Field
- Sports events
- Shinpei Eto - The Seven Sages of SagaTwo people
- Ohte Shigenobu --One of the Seven Sages of Saga
- Takaki Oki --One of the Seven Sages of Saga
- Yoshiyuki Shima --One of the Seven Sages of Saga
- Soejima Tanomi --One of the Seven Sages of Saga
- Motono Ichiro -32th generation Minister of Foreign Affairs）
- Sunao Ikeda --Bureaucrat, politician, former Saga prefectureGovernor
- Katsuma Kobayashi --Acupuncturist, politician, former member of the House of Councilors
- Kazuhiro Haraguchi -12th and 13th generation Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications
- Kazuchika Iwata - Member of the House of Representatives, OriginalParliamentary Vice-Minister of Defense, OriginalSaga prefectural assemblyMember
- Makoto Kawahara - EconomyindustryEngineer,AkitaDeputy Governor
- Matatsugu Oi - Taiwan Governor's OfficeOfficials,Changhua Citylong
- Yoshichi Miyachi - Novelist
- Juro Miyoshi - Novelist
- Yukio Togawa - Novelist
- Masato Ide --Novelist, screenwriter
- Shinichi Mitsuoka --Ainu researcher, poet
- Saburosuke Okada -Western painter
- Keiichiro Kume -Western painter
- Akiyoshi Nomura -Painter
- Sunao Hari - manga artist
- Keiko Ushijima - manga artist
- Kyoko Shido - manga artist
- 326 -Illustrator
- Yasumichi Oka --Creative director, CM planner,Copywriter
- Seika Shiba - Film director
- Kamidai Tatsumi - Film director
- Ureshino Masamichi --TV director, producer, photographer, screenwriter
- Morning and summer Manato -YuanTakarazuka RevueAir groupTop star
- A sound star --Takarazuka Revue Cosmos Troupe
- Makihiko Araki -Musician
- Keita Uchiyama -Musician,Keitakuof"Keita'
- SOH -Singer,GReeeeN
- Chiwata Hidenori --Vocalist
- Manji Tsuji --Actor, voice actor
- Noriko Nakaetsu -Actress
- Takahiro Nishioka - Fuji Television Network, Incannouncer
- Hanawa --Entertainer
- Noriyuki Hanawa --Manzai master,KnightsBokeh charge
- Yuriko Hamada -Actress
- Naoya Makoto -Actor
- Chitose Matsuo -Musical actor
- Reiko Matsuo -Actress
- Murai Kunio -Actor
- Kentaro Motomura --Attorney, actor (formerlyKawazoe TownFrom)
- Yuuki Maomi -Talent
- Large kirin - Grand SumoWrestler
- Masaharu Kusunoki -Sumo wrestler
- Atsushi Tochi -Sumo wrestler
- Hiroshi Shintani - Pro baseball player
- Yuji Kishikawa - Pro baseball player
- Masakazu Watanabe - Pro baseball player
- Yugo Umeno - Pro baseball player
- Koji Houji --High school baseball team manager
- Shigenori Inoue -YuanBicycle racer
- Koichi Ogawa - Pro baseball player
- Kazunari Minorumatsu - Pro baseball player
- Yuki Tsutsumi --Professional baseball player (formerlyKubota TownFrom)
- Ryosuke Mizumachi - ProfessionalBasketball player,Akita Northern HappinetsAffiliation
- Mayu Hamada - Taekwondoplayer.London OlympicsRio de Janeiro OlympicsParticipation (formerly from Kawasoe Town)
- Kazuto Tokunaga - rugbyplayer
- Ryoichi Ishii --Japan's first nursing home for people with intellectual disabilitiesTakinogawa Gakuen"Founder
- Riichi Ezaki - Businessman,Ezaki GlicoFounder
- Noboru Sora -Military
- Chika Kuroda --Japan's first womanChemist
- Saburo Sakai - Pacific WarPlayed an active part inFighterpilot
- Tsunozumi Sano - Japanese Red Cross SocietyOne of the seven wise men of Saga, the founder of Hakuaishagaku, the predecessor of
- Shigeo Shingo --Worldwide quality consultant
- Zenkichi Taketomi - Businessman.It supported the finances of the Saga domain during the Shogunate era and became a political entrepreneur during the Meiji era.
- Rei Takedomi -ShogiFemale player
- Nakachi Shigeyo - educator,Supercentenarian
- Kenichi Hirayama - French cuisineMan,Nikko Prince HotelChef, Hyakusho Kitchen
- Morimichi Motono - Yomiuri ShimbunFounder, bureaucrat
- - Mitsubishi pencilFounder
- --The first Japanese to die in France, a political entrepreneur of the Saga domain
Celebrity living in Saga City
- Yoichi Shimada - Comic artist, Talent, writer (masterpiece: Granny in Saga）
- Yutaro Imai -YuanProfessional baseball player..After retirementBaseball commentatorWhile doing this, he ran a restaurant in Saga City.
Since the time of the former Saga City, it is the only prefectural capital in Japan.City songHas not been enacted.. In the old municipality before the merger, Taiwa Town and Fuji Town・ Kawasoe Town, Higashiyoka Town, and Kubota Town each had their own town song., All were abolished due to the merger. At the Saga City Comprehensive Planning Council, the committee members have suggested that a new city song should be established upon the merger., No concrete move toward enactment has been made. As a song related to the former Saga City before the merger, the citizen's favorite song "Saga no Uta" (lyrics by Fumio Mizogami, supplement by Kawamura) whose lyrics were solicited to commemorate the 1989th anniversary of the municipal organization in 100 (Heisei XNUMX) Kentaro, composer / Aiko Yamamoto, arranger / Misao Tominaga), It was not established as a formal city song and was not taken over after the new merger. In addition to Saga City, the prefectural capital is locatedToyamaWith the new merger1952(Showa 27) Although the old city song that was established has expired and the successor city song has not been established, Saga City is the only city in the sense that "the city song has never been established since the establishment of the city." There is no change in that.
Former Saga City and former Fuji Town were announced in 1996 (Heisei 8).Water Village Hundred ElectionHas been selected.
- ^ a b City trees / city flowers, Saga City, as of November 2015, 11, viewed November 30, 2015.
- ^ Fate of the Saga Plain (History of Floods and Droughts) Saga Chubu Agricultural Land Disaster Prevention Office[Broken link]
- ^ "Normal value download”. Japan Meteorological Agency. August, 2021Browse.
- ^ "Value of 1st to 10th in observation history (value throughout the year)”. Japan Meteorological Agency. August, 2021Browse.
- ^ Saga City City Planning Master Plan Chapter 3 Changes in the environment surrounding Saga City Retrieved February 2011, 12
- ^ Announcement item: Response to the site of the former Waterworks Bureau (Governor's press conference) Saga Prefecture, June 2005, 4.
- ^ "Mr. Hideshima, 4 no-vote elections Saga mayor election = 2017 Saga mayor election = ｜ Administration / Society ｜ Saga Shimbun News ｜ Saga Shimbun LiVE”(Japanese). Saga newspaper LiVE. 2020/10/11Browse.
- ^ "Notice of no vote for Saga mayoral election”(Japanese). Saga City Official Homepage. 2020/10/11Browse.
- ^ Saga City Administrative Organization Map
- ^ "Kubota branch”(Japanese). Saga City Official Homepage. 2020/10/11Browse.
- ^ "Saga City Council Parliamentary Group Renamed to Network Saga | Administration / Society | Saga Newspaper News | Saga Newspaper LiVE”(Japanese). Saga newspaper LiVE. 2020/10/11Browse.
- ^ "Suspicion of threatening his wife for kitchen knives, arrested 69-year-old Saga city council "Your gott is killing you" |”(Japanese). Saga newspaper LiVE. 2020/10/11Browse.
- ^ "Communist Party Prefectural Committee removes Yamashita Saga City Council Opinion over decision-making | Administration / Society | Saga Shimbun News | Saga Shimbun LiVE”(Japanese). Saga newspaper LiVE. 2020/10/11Browse.
- ^ "Reluctant Report | Yellow News of Happiness”(Japanese). Yellow news of happiness. 2020/12/21Browse.
- ^ "Suspected of threatening his wife for kitchen knives, arrested 69-year-old Saga city council”. Saga Shimbun 2019/10/3. 2020/8/30Browse.
- ^ "Kawasaki City Council released, apologizes to chairpersons Saga City Council”. Saga Shimbun 2019/10/8. 2020/8/30Browse.
- ^ "Resolution No. 5 Resolution requesting remorse and apology from Representative Naoyuki Kawasaki”. Saga City Council Reiwa December 12, 20st year. 2020/8/30Browse.
- ^ a b 018 Number of employees aged XNUMX and over by industry (major category) Saga City
- ^ "The Age of Ring Roads" Nikkei BP, 2006, P81,ISBN-4 8222-2045-1
- ^ City bulletin June 19, 6 issue p8, June 18, 7 issue p36
- ^ Ebisu, the town of Saga
- ^ Cultural Heritage Online (Yoka Shrine)
- ^ "World Heritage Site, Mietsu Naval Dock Site in Saga City, Facility Renewal Named "History Museum of Sano Tsunetami and Mietsu Naval Dock Site"”. Saga Shimbun. 2021/9/25Browse.
- ^ Xu Fu Legend of Saga Prefecture
- ^ a b Agreement Item 20 Handling of Municipal Practices p5
- ^ Agreement item 20 Handling of municipal practices p4-5
- ^ 2nd Child-rearing / Education Subcommittee Material (2) p2
- ^ Saga City ed., "Saga Municipal 100th Anniversary Saijiki" (1990) p146