Photo A man receiving a new coronavirus vaccine made by AstraZeneca (right) = Nagasaki City, Michinoo Hospital
AstraZeneca vaccine started inoculation in Nagasaki Prefecture
If you write the contents roughly
On the other hand, some people have been unable to inoculate because of allergies to polyethylene glycol (PEG) used in Pfizer and Moderna messenger RNA vaccines.
On the 17th, the new coronavirus vaccine made by AstraZeneca in the UK was inoculated for the first time in the prefecture at Michinoo Hospital in Nijigaokamachi, Nagasaki City ... → Continue reading
We publish seasonal hot articles in Nagasaki.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Polyethylene glycol(Polyethylene glycol, abbreviation PEG, Macrogol)ethylene glycol polymerizationHas a structureHigh molecularCompound(Polyester). Polyethylene oxide(Polyethylene oxide, abbreviationPEO) Is also a compound having basically the same structure, but PEG isMolecular weightAbout 2 (below CH2-CH2-OSince the molecular weight of is 44, it means that the molecular weight is up to n ≤ 450), and the PEO is tens of thousands or more...Both are physical properties (Melting point-ViscosityEtc.) and different uses, but the chemical properties are almost the same.
The general structural formula is HO- (CH2-CH2-O)n-H It is expressed as. PEG isWed-methanol-benzene-DichloromethaneSoluble inDiethyl ether-HexaneInsoluble in.proteinOtherHigh molecularTo add a PEG structure to PEGylation It's called (pegylation).
PEG is non-toxic and is used in a variety of products.PEG as a material is military protective clothingAndDiabetes mellitusAn alternative to a blood sampler to monitor a patient's blood glucoseタ ト ゥ ーWind methodApplications to such as are being developed. With PEGPolyurethaneElastomerCan give rubbery properties to polyurethane foam orspandexIt is applied to textiles.
PEGproteinsexMedicineWhen bound to, the effect of suppressing protein degradation (“stealthization”) makes it possible to prolong efficacy and reduce side effects.As an example, PEGylationinterferonα（Hepatitis CEffective for) and PEGylationG-CSFFormulationThere is. Many with names such as "macrogol"LaxativeIt is used as a base for.Seto macrogol is also used in skin creams, but rarely has acute allergic symptoms (Anaphylaxis) May develop.
PEG is often used as a precipitant when crystallizing proteins.
Since PEG is an elastic polymer, it is very expensive even as a film.Osmotic pressure(dozens(I.e. (Number MPa)) Endure.It is also said that there is no specific interaction with biological substances.Due to these properties, PEG utilizes osmotic pressure.BiochemistryIt is one of the most suitable materials for experiments (especially).
In biology, it is used for DNA introduction into cells and cell fusion. DNA introduction is a method that utilizes the fact that DNA is easily incorporated into protoplasts in the presence of PEG.Cell fusion is a method that utilizes the fact that cell membranes bind by treating cells with PEG, and cells fuse when PEG is removed.
archeologyIn, when preserving old wooden products, it is used for preserving by exchanging the water inside and PEG and solidifying it.In this method, PEG is heated to a temperature above the melting point and permeated into the wood to replace the moisture inside, and then returned to room temperature to solidify and maintain the wood structure.
PEOLithium ion polymer secondary batteryInsulation andElectrolytesolventUsed as.拡 散Due to its low speed, it often requires high temperatures for its function, but due to its high viscosityMelting pointIt is possible to form a very thin electrolyte layer even at temperatures close to.crystalPerformance may drop due to conversion, but on the contrary, manysaltCrystallization is suppressed by.Due to these properties, otherLithium ion secondary batteryIt can generate a lot of energy for its light weight.
- Pomato-Both are artificially produced crops by cell fusion with PEG, but they are not suitable for food.
- ^ "Water-soluble polymer" by Toshio Nakamura, P.117, Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., 1973
- ^ “Army Scientists, Engineers develop Liquid Body Armor”. Military.com(November 2004, 4). オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2004, 6. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Tattoo to monitor diabetes”. BBC NEWS(July 2002, 9) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Notice of acquisition of domestic manufacturing and marketing approval for" Mobicol (R) combination internal preparation "for the treatment of chronic constipation" (Press Release), EA Pharma Co., Ltd./Mochida Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., (September 2018, 9) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ PEG Filgrastim Neulasta®
- ^ Yumi Nagaoka, Yu Natsuaki, Kiyofumi Yamanishi "An example of anaphylaxis due to Macrogoal 6000 contained in Horin (R) V vaginal tablets" "Skin Science" Vol. 1, No. 9, Japanese Dermatological Association Osaka Regional Association, Japan Dermatological Association Keiji Regional Association, 5, pp. 2010-462, two:10.11340 / skinresearch.9.5_462.
- ^ “Study on dogs yields hope in human paralysis treatment”. seattlepi.com(July 2004, 12) NovemberBrowse.