Photo New coronavirus (provided by National Institute of Infectious Diseases)
Shiga's new corona announced on the night of the 228rd to a total of 23 clusters of the Ground Self-Defense Force
If you write the contents roughly
In addition, by the 23rd, a total of 3 people, 2 staff members and 5 patients, were infected at a medical institution in Omihachiman City and were certified as a cluster.
Shiga Prefecture announced on the 23th that 10 men and women under the age of 60 to 43s were newly infected with the new coronavirus.In the prefecture ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Omihachiman CityToyotomi ShujiBased on the castle town built by, the early modern period developed as a commercial city.So-calledOmi MerchantIs the birthplace of.Shinmachi-dori, Nagaharacho-dori, which retains the atmosphere of the early modern periodHachimanboriTownscape alongside andNikko Hachimangu ShrineThe precincts are "Omihachiman City Hachiman Traditional Buildings Preservation AreaIn the name of the countryImportant traditional buildings preservation areaIt has been selected as a filming location for historical drama.William Merrell VoriesIt is also known as the place where many modern architectural works were left behind. 2005 On September 9st, 1 hectares of water town areaLandscape lawIt was designated as a "landscape planning area" based on.This is the first application of the law.further2006 On January 1th, "Omi Hachiman no MizugoAsImportant cultural landscapeWas selected as the first issue of.
Origin of place name
It is often misunderstood that there is a shrine bearing "Omihachiman", but the name of the shrine that was the source of the place name is "Nikko Hachimangu ShrineIt is.
The old country name "" in the city nameOmiIs given when the city system is enforced.FukuokaYawataThis is because (Yahatashi) existed.However, in Yahata City, Fukuoka Prefecture1963 Merged withKitakyushuIt became a part of and disappeared.afterwards,1977 ToKyotoYawata(And I) was born, but at this point Yawata City, Fukuoka Prefecture had already disappeared, so the same name was not avoided.For this reason, a twisting phenomenon occurred in which the side that laid the city system first gave the crown.AlsoOmihachiman StationBefore the enforcement of the city system1919 The name was changed from Yahata Station to Omihachiman Station, but this is also in Fukuoka Prefecture.Yawata StationThis is due to the avoidance of the same name as.
Small mountains are scattered in the plain.
- Main mountain
- Mt. Hachiman (Mt. Tsuru Tsubasa)
- Mt. Tsuda (Mt. Okushima)
On Lake Biwa, it is the largest island on the lake.OkishimaThere is a manned island called.In the northeastern part of the city, the lake in the west develops a water town area, and it is counted as one of the eight scenic spots of Lake Biwa as "Azuchi Hachiman's water town".A part of the area is designated as a "landscape planning area" based on the Landscape Act.
- Main lake
- Main island
Looking at the population increase / decrease from the previous survey from the 27 census, it decreased by 0.52% to 81,312 people, and the rate of increase / decrease was 19th out of 8 cities and towns in the prefecture.
|Population distribution by age in Omihachiman City and the whole country (2005)||Population distribution by age and gender in Omihachiman City (2005)|
■Green-All over Japan
Changes in the population of Omihachiman City (corresponding area)
|Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsStatistics Bureau CensusThan|
The early modern period
- Azuchi-Momoyama Period
- 1585 ~1590 - Toyotomi Shuji Hachiman CastleAnd build a grid-shaped castle town, and move the people of the castle town of Azuchi Castle built by Nobunaga Oda to the castle of Yawata (former Yawata).
- Edo Period
- 1954 (Showa29 years)May 3 - Gamo-gunYawata Town-Okayama Village-Kaneda Village-Kirihara Village-Mabuchi VillageMergedOmihachiman(1st) is launched.same yearMay 7Established city emblem.
- 1955 (30)May 3 - Yasu-gunKitasato VillageIncorporated.
- 1958 (33)May 2 --Gamo-gunMusa VillageIncorporated.
- 1991 (Heisei3 years) --A part of the old castle town is called "Omi Hachiman City Hachiman Traditional Buildings Preservation Area"Important traditional buildings preservation areaSelected as
- 2005 (17)May 9 --160ha in the city water town areaLandscape lawDesignated for the first time in Japan as a "landscape planning area" based on.
- 2006 (18)May 1 ―― “Omihachiman Water Town” was selected as the first important cultural landscape in Japan.same yearMay 7The village part is additionally selected.
- 2010 (22)May 3 - AzuchiMerged withOmihachiman(Second) launched..In the former Azuchi-cho areaAzuchi-cho area autonomyIs installed.The city emblem has not changed.
- * Even after the merger is decided, Azuchi-cho is divided into pros and cons.A mayor who opposes the merger was born just before the merger, but all the bills submitted by the mayor were rejected by the pros and cons.ResidentsrecallThe town council election was held by the government, and although the majority of the town council was against the merger, the merger itself was not invalidated.
- Mayor:Konishi Osamu(August 2018, 4, 25th term)
- Successive mayors
- (Old) Omihachiman City
- Sonjiro Inoue (1954-1966)
- Sadayuki Ikari (1966-1982)
- Taizo Okuno (1982-1986)
- Noboru Okuno (1986-1994)
- Seiji Tamada (1994-1998)
- Kawabata Gohei (1998-2006)
- Hidemasa Fujitani (2006-March 2010, 3)
- (New) Omihachiman City
- Mayor Duty Executor Hidemasa Fujitani (March 2010, 3-April 21, 2010)
- Mayor Duties Executor Duties Agent Yoshikazu Yamada (General Manager, Omihachiman City) (April 2010, 4-April 18, 2010)
- Hidemasa Fujitani (April 2010, 4-April 25, 2018)
- Konishi Osamu (From April 2018, 4)
We, the citizens of Omihachiman, establish this charter in order to lead a peaceful, bright and prosperous life.
- Let's create a bright city where we respect each other and interact with each other.
- Let's create a healthy city with a beautiful heart and body.
- Let's cherish water and greenery and create a beautiful city with a scent of history and culture.
- Let's be happy to work, be enthusiastic about work, and create a rich city.
- Let's deepen the bonds of one region, join forces with wisdom, and create a city of collaboration.
- Let's create a city full of smiles, full of heart, and warmth.
- Police box
- Omihachiman station square police box (Takakaicho, Omihachiman City)
- Shinmachi police box (Shinmachi, Omihachiman City)
- Musa police box (Tomosada-cho, Omihachiman City)
- Mabuchi Police Box (Mabuchi-cho, Omihachiman City)
- Kirihara Police Station (Nakakomori-cho, Omihachiman City)
- Shinohara station square police station (Ueno-cho, Omihachiman City)
- Kitasato Police Station (Egashira-cho, Omihachiman City)
- Azuchi police officer station (Kamitoyoura, Azuchi-cho, Omihachiman City)
- Water police box
- Omihachiman Water Station (Chomeiji-cho, Omihachiman City)
- Higashiomi Administrative Union - Fire・ We carry out office work related to holiday emergency clinics and regional development.
- Fire department
- Omihachiman Fire Station (819 Kobunakicho, Omihachiman City)
- Main hospital
- Omihachiman Sports Park(Tsuda Town)
- Omihachiman Station South Comprehensive Sports Facility Sun Village Omihachiman (Takakaicho)
- Azuchi Mariate (Azuchicho Kuwanamiji)
- Omihachiman City Health Fureai Park (Takecho)
- Sazanami Jyoen (Funakicho)
Sister cities/partner cities
It is a rare city in Japan that has a “brother city” agreement with a “couple city” apart from its sister cities.
- Brother city
- Leavenworth(The United States of America Kansas）
- sister city
- Grand Rapids(The United States of Americaミ シ ガ ン 州）
- Miryang(South KoreaGyeongsangnam-do）
- Mantua city(ItalyLombardy）
- Couple city
- Fujinomiya city(Chubu region Shizuoka）
- sister city
- Matsumae(Hokkaido Oshima General Promotion Bureau Matsumae-gun）
- Kaminokuni Town(Hokkaido Oshima General Promotion Bureau Hiyama-gun）
- Nobunaga Oda Summit
- Oda NobunagaParticipating in municipalities that have a deep relationship with and that value relationships.
- Green Omi Agricultural Cooperative
- Main fishing port
- Okishima fishing port
- Cooperative financial institution
- Shiga Chuo Shinkin Bank(Former Omihachiman Shinkin Bank)
- Koto Shinkin Bank
- Kinki Labor Bank --Lone Center and ATM only
- Japan Post
- Agricultural cooperative/Co-op
- Green Omi Agricultural Cooperative
- Shiga Prefectural Hachiman High School(Horiagecho)
- Shiga Prefectural Hachiman Technical High School(Nishinoshocho)
- Shiga Prefectural Yawata Commercial High School(Utsurocho)
- Omi Brotherhood High School(Ichiicho)
Junior high school
- Omihachiman City Hachiman Nishi Junior High School (Furukawacho)
- Omihachiman City Higashi Junior High School(Ueda Town)
- Omihachiman City Azuchi Junior High School(Azuchicho Kamitoura)
- Omi Brotherhood Junior High School(Ichiicho)
- Omihachiman City Okayama Elementary School (Kamocho)
- Omihachiman City Okishima Elementary School(Okishimacho)
- Omihachiman City Kaneda Elementary School (Kongojicho)
- Omihachiman City Kitasato Elementary School (Egashiracho)
- Omihachiman Municipal Kirihara Elementary School (Ikedahonmachi)
- Omihachiman City Kirihara Higashi Elementary School (Tsuchidacho)
- Omihachiman City Shima Elementary School (Shimacho)
- Omihachiman Municipal Hachiman Elementary School(Honmachi)
- Omihachiman City Mabuchi Elementary School (Mabuchi Town)
- Omihachiman City Musa Elementary School (Musacho)
- Omihachiman City Azuchi Elementary School(Azuchicho Jorakuji)
- Omihachiman Municipal Old So Elementary School(Azuchicho Higashiroso)
- Omi Brothers Elementary School(Stop recruiting) (Asagoicho)
Early childhood education
- Omihachiman City Musa Children's Garden (Musa Town)
- Omihachiman City Kitasato Kindergarten (Egashiracho)
- Omihachiman City Mabuchi Kindergarten (Mabuchi Town)
- Omihachiman City Kirihara Kindergarten (Nakakomoricho)
- Omihachiman Municipal Kaneda Kindergarten (Kongojicho)
- Omihachiman City Okayama Kindergarten (Kamo Town)
- Omihachiman Municipal Hachiman Kindergarten (Demachi)
- Omihachiman City Azuchi Kindergarten (Azuchicho Shimotoyoura)
- Omihachiman Municipal Old So Children's Garden (Azuchicho Higashi Oldo)
- Omi Brothers Kindergarten (Ichiicho)
- Alice Nursery School (Nishihongocho)
- Kaneda Higashi Nursery School (Nishinoshocho)
- Yawata Nursery School (Yawata Town)
- Takesa Children's Garden (Nishoraicho)
- Kirihara Nursery School (Omoricho)
- Okishima Nursery School (Okishima Town)
- Hachioji Nursery School (Kitanoshocho)
- Kitazato Nursery School (Egashiracho)
- Shiun Nursery School (Nomuracho)
- Himure Infant Nursery School (Demachi)
- Aoba Infant Nursery School (Mabuchicho)
- Merry Nursery School (Dainakacho)
- Hoshinohikari Nursery School (Taga Town)
Vocational development school
Central station:Omihachiman Station
- West Japan Railway Company(JR West Japan)
- Hachiman Ropeway
- Koenmae Station-Hachiman Castle Ruins Station
- Main local road
- Shiga Prefectural Road No. 2 Otsu Notogawa Nagahama Line(Hikone Michi ・Chosenjin Kaido）
- Shiga Prefectural Road No. 14 Omihachiman Ryuo Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road No. 25 Hikone Omi Hachiman Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road No. 26 Otsumoriyama Omihachiman Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road 41 Tsuchiyama Gamo Omihachiman Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road No. 48 Omi Hachiman Moriyama Line
- General prefectural road
- Shiga Prefectural Road No. 158 Anyoji Irimachi Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road No. 198 Azuchi Stop Kuwamiji Main Hall Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road 199 Shimotoyoura Takakai Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road 201 Azuchi Nishisei Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road No. 208 Owaki Nishorai Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road No. 326 Ofusa Toyokoseki Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road 502 Omihachiman Stop Line(Ekimae Odori = Bumeran Dori)
- Shiga Prefectural Road 511 Kurimishindencho Azuchi Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road 526 Iba Maruyama Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road 541 Ayado Higashikawa Line
- Shiga Prefectural Road 559 Omihachiman Otsu Line(Lake circumference road = Sazanami highway)
- Shiga Prefectural Road 600 Omihachiman Azuchi Notogawa Bicycle Path Line(Lake Biwa Yoshibue Road)
- OkishimaPassing a ship
Sights and historic sites
- Azuchi castleTrace- Special historical site,Lake Biwa National MonumentType 1 special area.Cherry blossomIt is also a famous place.
- Kannonji CastleTraces: National historic sites.
- Hachimanyama CastleTrace
- Mizuseki Okayama CastleTrace
- Ruins-A branch of Kan'onji Castle
- Kannonshoji Temple(33 countries in the west, XNUMXnd bill place)
- Chomei-ji Temple(Saigoku Kannon Pilgrimage, Thirty Ichiban Fudasho)
- Zuiryuji Temple
- Isakiji Temple
- Honganji Hachiman Betsuin
- Sokenji Temple
- Jogonin - Jodo sectとNichiren sectAzuchi Q & A byAzuchi Soron) Was held at the temple.
- Iwatoyama XNUMX Buddha
- Teishakuji Temple
- Nikko Hachimangu Shrine
- Sasaki Shrine - Gen Sasakiplace of origin.
- Oshima Shrine Okitsushima Shrine
- Tianjin Shrine (Taishakuten)
- Oda Shrine
- Todo Shrine
- Fujisaki Ryujin Shrine
- Okitsushima Shrine
- Kamo Shrine
- (Hey that forest)
- Oiso Shrine --The main shrine is a national important cultural property
Nearby Tourist Spots
- Shiga Prefectural Azuchi Castle Archaeological Museum
- Azuchijokaku Museum
- Nobunaga no Yakata's mansion - Seville World ExpositionRelocated the restored castle tower (5th and 6th floors) of Azuchi Castle exhibited at.
- Folk Museum- Former Iba family residence(1913 Construction,William Merrell VoriesDesignWestern-style building）
- Hikiyama and Igusa no Yakata
- Borderless Art Museum NO-MA
- Ikeda-cho Western-style building
- Vory's Memorial
- Hyde Memorial Hall / Education Hall
- Andrews Memorial(Former Omihachiman YMCA Hall)
- Former Yawata Post Office
- Former Iba House
Landscape / preservation area
- West lakeAnd Chomei Terakawa (Omi Hachiman no MizugoAsWater Village Hundred Election）
- Yawata traditional building preservation district
- Akindo no Sato
- Miyagahama swimming pool(1977 から1979 Until"Bird Human Contest ChampionshipWas done here)
- Hachimanyama Ropeway
- Azuchi Gourd Mountain Ancient Tomb
- Hunan Ruins in Oonaka
- Plum river
- Fukushima Benzaiten
Festivals and events
- Left Yoshinaga Festival (Mid January)
- Yawata Festival (April 4-14)
- Shinoda Fireworks (February 5)
- Kamo Shrine Festival
- Asagoi Gion Festival
- Yawata Balance Festival
- Izaki's rod jump (early August)
- Bird human contest
- BIWAKO Biennale(Implemented in 2004 and 2007)
- Azuchi no Bunaga Festival
- Asai Nagamasa - Sengoku warlord.Azuchibirth
- Ema Amahana - Takarazuka RevueStar setMale role
- Kota Aoki -Former professionalsoccer player
- Genta Matsuo -Former professional soccer player
- Inui -Professional soccer player
- Yoshio Ikari - Bicycle racer
- Yukiko Inui - Artistic swimmingplayer,2016 Rio de Janeiro OlympicsBronze medal in duet
- Sadayoshi Iba - Sumitomo HeadquartersPrime Minister
- Mt. Ibukiyama Sueyoshi -YuanWrestler
- Gengoro Omi --Ondo Tori
- William Merrell Vories - Honorary citizenNo.1
- Nobuyasu Okabayashi - forkGod
- Oda Nobunaga --Sengoku warlord.Azuchi castleFortification
- Kawabata Tatsuo - 政治家
- Shinji Kawamura -Volleyball player
- Kaeru Kigawa - manga artist
- Kyogoku Higher --Sengoku warlord.Oumigenji(Mr. Gen Sasaki)Mr. Kyogoku.Hachimanyama Castlemain
- Fukumi Shimura --Dyeing and weaving
- - Novelist
- Yumi Suenari - Yoshimoto New Comedy
- Native of Tanabe --Talent, exAKB48
- Satoru Tawada - Guide dogTrainer
- Kenji Tsuchikawa - Japan Central Horse RacingDirector
- - Officials,Health and Labor Councilor
- Toyotomi Shuji --Sengoku warlord.Hachimanyama Castle fortification
- Mr. Sabae - Mitsui familyThe ancestor of.CurrentHigashiomi CitybecomeNamazue CastleBased onKannonji CastleOmi GenMr. RokkakuHe served as a clan, but Mr. RokkakuNoboruLost to Takayasu MitsuiIse countryMatsusakaMoved to.
- 2nd generation Nishikawa Jingoro --Merchant
- 11nd generation Nishikawa Jingoro --Businessman, politician
- 13nd generation Nishikawa Jingoro --Businessman, politician
- Nishikawa Susumu -Musician
- Nishikawa Teijiro - Businessman
- Nishikawa Niemon --Merchant
- Yoshinosuke Nishikawa - educator
- 7th generation Toshisuke Nishikawa --Merchant
- Katsuhiko Hanada - AthleticsLong distanceplayer
- Go Hosono - 政治家
- Matsui Ichiyo -Talent
- Umekichi Minami - Social movementHouse,Nationwide companyFirst chairman
- Miyozo Yamagishi - Yamagishi-kaiFounder
- Sachiyo Yamada - Lacrosseplayer
- Yuzuru Yoshida -Volleyball player
- Hexagon fixed request --Sengoku warlord.Gen Omi (Gen Sasaki)Mr. Rokkaku14th generation,Omi countryGuardian.Kannonji Castlemain
- Hexagon Yoshigo --Sengoku warlord.Became a creative person.
- Yutaka Higashi - Clinical psychologist
- Yawata Merchant (Omi Merchant）
- Mr. Tsuda # Taira clan Mr. Tsuda (Oda clan) --Omi Tsudasho (town), which will become the current city of OmihachimanMr. OdaIt is also said to be the founder of.
- Zip CodeIs 521-13 ** or 523-00 **, except that the former Azuchi-cho is 523-08 **.
- Area codeThroughout the city0748(YokaichiMA) Is used.
- ^ Illustrations Chapters of municipalities in Japan p145
- ^ Signed merger with new "Omihachiman City" Omihachiman and Azuchi March next year, population 3: Kyoto Shimbun
- ^ "Omihachiman City 5th Anniversary Magazine(Pdf) Omihachiman City, March 2015, page 3.October 2015th, 5Browse.
- ^ "○ Omihachiman City Council Member Number Ordinance”. Omihachiman City. October 2019th, 5Browse.
- ^ "The water of Lake Biwa pouring into Mt. Fuji, Shiga, Omihachiman, the legend connects". Kyoto Shimbun(July 2014, 7) October 2014th, 7Browse. [Broken link]
- ^ Matsusaka, the birthplace of the Mitsui family Mitsui Public Relations Committee
- ^ "Shiga> List of postal codes in Omihachiman". Japan Post. October 2020th, 2Browse.
- ^ "Area code/city code of Kinki 2 prefectures". Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. October 2020th, 2Browse.