Photo: A meeting of the new coronavirus countermeasures headquarters confirming the infection status in Kawasaki City = Kawasaki city hall
Infected people in Kawasaki decreased from the previous week for the first time in 8 weeks City "expected peak out" 8% "BA 5"
If you write the contents roughly
Genome analysis was performed on 73 of them, and 84, or 62%, were called the Omicron strain derivative "BA 5".
Kawasaki City held a new coronavirus countermeasures headquarters meeting at the city hall on the 9th, and the number of infected people in the city over the past week has increased by 1 compared to the previous week. → Continue reading
Kanaroko by Kanagawa Shimbun
Kanaroko is a news site operated by the Kanagawa Shimbun. As the only local newspaper in Kanagawa Prefecture, we have a news gathering network throughout the prefecture to provide a wealth of information on incidents and accidents, political administration, economics, sports, culture, and heartwarming topics in the region.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
|Part of the following|
Genomics emerged in the 1980s and in the 1990sGenome projectDeveloped with the start of. The first full-length genome was decipheredBacteriophageIt was in 174 with FX5,368 (1980 kb). As a free-living creatureHaemophilus influenzaeIn 1995. Since then, genome decoding has been progressing at a tremendous speed. The rough sequence of the human genome isHuman Genome ProjectIt was deciphered in the first half of 2001 by.
As a genomics of the post-genome project, by comparing the genomes of various species,進化Try to elucidateComparative genomicsAndRNAiThere are functional genomics that elucidate the holistic mechanism from gene inhibition by such factors. In genomicsBioinformatics,Genetics,Molecular biologyAs a tool andSystems biologyIt is also used as a tool for. Genomics has also provided new therapies in the medical field (Pharmacogenomics). It is also applied to the fields of food (nutrigenomics) and agriculture.
After an organism is selected as a target, it goes through the following three stages. : Sequencing, assembly, annotation.
Historically, sequencing was initially performed at a centralized facility called a sequencing center (a facility surrounded by giant incorporated administrative agencies that sequence dozens of tellabases a year). It was. There were many laboratories that needed expensive laboratory equipment and technical support. However, with advances in sequencing technology and the creation of sufficiently fast benchtop sequencers, sequencers can now be used in the average academic lab.
Overall, genome sequencing methods can be divided into two categories. And (so-called). 
ア セ ン ブ リ
The assembled DNA sequence is almost always of no value without further analysis. Genome annotation is the process of adding biological information to a DNA sequence and giving it meaning.
This process consists of three steps.
- Identify parts of the genome.
- Identify genes on the genome, regions with some function. ()
- Add biological information to these elements.
- ^ a b c d Pevsner, Jonathan (2009). Bioinformatics and functional genomics (2nd ed.). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell. ISBN 9780470085851
- ^ Monya Baker (September 2012, 9). “Benchtop sequencers ship off (Blog) ”. Nature News Blog. April 2012, 12Browse.
- ^ Quail, M .; Smith, ME; Coupland, P .; Otto, TD; Harris, SR; Connor, TR; Bertoni, A .; Swerdlow, HP et al. (2012). “A tale of three next generation sequencing platforms: Comparison of Ion torrent, pacific biosciences and illumina MiSeq sequencers”. BMC Genomics 13: 341. two:10.1186 / 1471-2164-13-341. PMC 3431227. PMID 22827831.
- ^ Stein, L. (2001). “Genome Annotation: From Sequence to Biology”. Nature Reviews Genetics 2 (7): 493–503. two:10.1038/35080529. PMID 11433356.