Photo Setsuko Thurlow, who strongly appeals for the abolition of nuclear weapons at the Nobel Peace Prize award ceremony, Oslo (jointly) on the XNUMXth
The words of Setsuko Thurlow, who walks toward the light from the danger of ruin and encourages action to abolish nuclear weapons
If you write the contents roughly
And this year's Nobel Peace Prize was given to the "International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons" (ICAN) in which Thurlow participated.
The movie "Oath to Hiroshima with Sirlo Setsuko", which was independently produced in the United States, is publicly available at movie theaters in Tokyo, Yokohama, Hiroshima, etc ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons
International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons(Hakuheiki is a tough campaign,British: International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, Stands for: YO PUEDO Aikan, Aikan)Nuclear Weapons ConventionStart negotiations and supportLobbyingAn international movement established to carry outCampaign) Is a coalition of.. RedPeace markでwarhead(The part that forms the main body of the perpetrator) was brokenmissileImage is a symbol.
20055 of the monthNuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty(NPT) No results were obtained at the review meeting,Anti-nuclear movementAs the sense of crisis spreads between the houses,International Conference on Prevention of Nuclear War Physicians(IPPNW)AustraliaMembers ofInternational Campaign to Ban Landmines(ICBL) led1997ToAnti-personnel landmine ban treatyPaying attention to the fact that2006Nuclear weapons ban at IPPNW World Congress in SeptemberTreatyProposed manufacturing.. Attended the same competitionHiroshima cityLongTadashi AkibaAnnounces cooperation, Akiba serves as chairmanMayors for PeaceBecame the first support group.
As a base for efforts to make treaties20074MelbourneOffice opened and ICAN was established, Contributed to the adoption of the Nuclear Weapons Convention. afterwards,2017ToNobel Peace PrizeWas awarded. As of 2017, 101 affiliated organizations are active in 468 countries (English version article).
Nobel Peace Prize
In 2017Nobel Peace PrizeWas awarded. same yearMay 12 OfOsloAt the award ceremony inBeatrice FinnAnd a member of the organizationHiroshima cityFromA-bomb survivorBut alsoTetsuro SetsukoGave a speech.
A-bomb survivors who have appealed for the abolition of nuclear weapons for many years celebrated the awardOn the other hand,economistSome people, like magazines, question the validity of the award from the perspective of effectiveness..
Secretary's visit to Japan
2017May 12,Nagasaki UniversityNuclear Weapons Abolition Research Center (RECNA) announced that Secretary-General Finn will visit Nagasaki the following month.2018May 1-18th Finn came to Japan and sponsored by RECNASymposiumKeynote Speech at,Nagasaki Atomic Bomb MuseumAtMayor of NagasakiTomihisa TagamiMeeting with,Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museumvisit,A-bomb survivorMeeting withOf the ruling and opposition partiesMember of ParliamentAttended a discussion meeting with,Soka GakkaiVisit to the headquartersAnd so on.prime ministerIsShinzo AbeI was hoping to meet with him, but it didn't happen because of the schedule.
- 2017May 12 -Government is coordinating Prime Minister's visit to Eastern Europe from January 1th to January 12thAnd coverage.
- 2018May 1 -ICAN side201712He requested a meeting between Finn and the Prime Minister twice from the end of January, during the period from January 1 to January 16.May 1untilMinistry of Foreign AffairsAnnounced that there was a reply via the company that they could not meet due to the schedule..
On the other hand, FinnJapanese govermentIs (Nuclear powersI wanted to talk because I said I would like to act as a bridge. I am very disappointed. I look forward to the next opportunity."However, the Prime Minister returned from his visit to Europe on the evening of the 17th.On the 18th, the events related to the Japan-Australia summit meeting are scheduled to begin in the morning, and some ruling parties have said that they have requested to produce a figure in which the visit is refused. .
In addition, Finn gave a lecture in Hiroshima while he was visiting Japan.Nuclear Weapons ConventionHe criticized the Japanese government, which does not participate in the event, as "stepping out of the rational international community (which seeks the abolition of nuclear weapons)."The only warA-bombed countryHe pointed out that Japan is opposed to the treaty, "I think that the same mistakes may be repeated other than Hiroshima and Nagasaki," and "the gap between the A-bomb area and the Japanese government is large, and it is necessary to fill it. There is".. 16thTokyo OfJapan Press ClubHe criticized Japan for not participating in the nuclear weapons ban treaty, saying, "Japan can be a member of the international community."
Prime Minister Abe, who did not receive the request for talks, called for ratification of the treaty, saying, "Signing the treaty does not break relations with allies."He also proposed the establishment of a committee to examine the problems for Japan to participate in the treaty, and called for a wide range of discussions including the public..
The following organizations are international affiliated organizations.
- International Association of Antinuclear Lawyers
- International Peace Bureau
- International Conference on Prevention of Nuclear War Physicians
- International Network of Engineers and Scientists for Global Responsibility
- International Union of Trade Unions
- International Socialist Youth Alliance
- Mayors for Peace
- Soka Gakkai International
- Uni Global Union
- World Church Council
- United Nations World Federation
- International Federation of Women's Peace and Freedom
In addition, the affiliated organizations in Japan are Human Rights Now, Japan Chapter of the International Conference on Physicians to Prevent Nuclear War,Peace boat, Association of Doctors Against Nuclear War, Project Now[Note 2],Japan Atomic Bomb Victims Association Council.
- ^ Contribution to the establishment of the Nuclear Weapons Convention in the United Nations.
- ^ British: Project Now
- ^ a b c d The complete encyclopedia of Japan (Nipponika) Koto bank. Retrieved May 2018, 10.
- ^ a b c d Chiezo mini Koto bank. Retrieved May 2018, 10.
- ^ Digital Daijisen-ICAN Koto bank. Retrieved May 2018, 10.
- ^ "Campaign overview”. International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons. 2017/10/7Browse.(English)
- ^ a b c d "The founder of ICAN "to boost the nuclear ban" The Road to the Peace Prize". Asahi Shimbun(July 2017, 10) 2017/12/18Browse.
- ^ Asahi Shimbun "Keywords" Koto bank. Retrieved May 2018, 10.
- ^ "Contact ICAN”. International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons. 2017/10/7Browse.(English)
- ^ Nobel Peace Awards Ceremony At the Beginning of the End of Nuclear Weapons-Prohibition Treaty In All Countries-ICAN Executive Secretary and Mr. Sir Loe Address Red flag(November 2017, 12) Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- ^ "Can eliminate nuclear weapons" Dr. Kawasaki, International Commissioner for ICAN, newly authored Kanagawa Newspaper News (September 2018, 9, 19:17) Retrieved October 51, 2018.
- ^ Campaign overview -ICAN official site
- ^ Outline of International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) - Abolition of Nuclear Weapons Japan NGO Liaison Committee
- ^ Onternational Campain to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)-Nobel Lecture
- ^ AFP- Jiji Press, Reuters, Kyodo News, AP communication. "Anti-nuclear campaign ICAN awarded Nobel Peace Prize". 2017/10/23Browse.
- ^ economist (September 2017, 10). “This year's Nobel peace prize rewards a nice but pointless idea”
- ^ "ICAN Finn Secretary General to Nagasaki next January". "Mainichi Newspaper" (September 2018, 1). 2018/1/30Browse.
- ^ “ICAN Finn, who was born under the Nuclear Ban Treaty due to the efforts of the A-bomb survivors, gave a thank-you lecture in Nagasaki”. Tokyo Newspaper(July 2018, 1) 2018/1/14Browse.
- ^ "Nobel Peace Prize ICAN Executive Director visited Nagasaki". "Mainichi Newspaper" (September 2018, 1). 2018/1/30Browse.
- ^ "WEB Special Feature Nobel Peace Prize "Nuclear and Japan" seen by ICAN Executive Director". Japan Broadcasting Corporation (September 2018, 1). 2018/1/30Browse.
- ^ "Nuclear weapons ban treaty debate at the Diet Debate with ICAN Secretary General Finn, Diet members / Hiroshima". "Mainichi Newspaper" (September 2018, 1). 2018/1/30Browse.
- ^ SOKAnet (January 2018, 1). “ICAN Executive Director Visits Headquarters”. Soka Gakkai. As of January 2021, 1オ リ ジ ナ ルMore archives.2018/1/30Browse.
- ^ a b Returned to Japan on the afternoon of 17th."The prime minister enjoys dark tea Omotesenke's "first pot type" is a brief break". Sankei Shimbun(July 2018, 1) 2018/1/18Browse.
- ^ “Abe to visit 6 European countries next month”. Kyodo News(July 2017, 12) 2017/12/14Browse.
- ^ “ICAN japanese (ICAN Japanese version official Twitter account)”(July 2018, 1) 2018/1/14Browse.
- ^ “Toward the abolition of nuclear weapons,“ hope and vitality are weapons ”ICAN Executive Secretary, to young people in Hiroshima”. Asahi Shimbun(July 2018, 1) 2018/1/16Browse.
- ^ "The purpose of the Nobel Peace Prize ICAN Secretary-General's visit to Japan was to criticize the Abe administration? The main governing body is" Peace Boat ""(July 2018, 1) 2018/1/26Browse.
- ^ “ICAN Executive Secretary gives a lecture in Hiroshima”. Kyodo News(July 2018, 1) 2018/1/15Browse.
- ^ "The Secretary General of ICAN over the Nuclear Weapons Treaty "Japan Becomes a Fellow of the International Society"". ANN(July 2018, 1) 2018/1/17Browse.
- ^ a b "Partner organizations”. International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons. 2017/10/23Browse.(English)
- Official website for the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)(English)
- YO PUEDO (@nuclearban)- Twitter(English)
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons - YouTube(English)