Photo Aina Ashida, the voice of the main character Yui – (C) Sachiko Kashiwaba, Kodansha / 2021 “Misaki no Mayoiga” Production Committee
Mana Ashida starring in the animated movie "Mayoiga Misaki" Special news and visual release of a mysterious old folk house
If you write the contents roughly
I hope the movie "Cape Mayoiga" will bring you a little happiness.
The release date of the feature-length animated movie "Misaki no Mayoiga" based on Sachiko Kashiwaba's novel has been decided on August 8, and the voice of the main character ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Lost house(Maybe, Mayoiga, Mayohiga)Tohoku,Kanto regionIt is the name of a phantom house in the mountains, which is said to bring wealth to visitors, or a tradition of those who visited the house.This folklore is a folkloristKunio YanagitaIs the current Tsuchibuchi Village, Iwate Prefecture (currentlyTono City) FromYoshiyoshi SasakiThe story I heard fromTono Story』(1910)" XNUMX "" XNUMX "became widely known.
According to Tono Monogatari, a lost house is a mysterious house that bestows wealth on visitors, and visitors are allowed to take something out of the house.However, not everyone can benefit from it, and "Rokusan" became the success of the Miura family's wife who was given wealth because of her selflessness, and "Rokushi" gave her wealth by guiding the greedy villagers. It depicts the failure of a young man who was not awarded.
Regarding the etymology and notation, it is stated in "Tono Monogatari" and Kizen Sasaki's book "Yamaoku no Choja Mansion" (published in 1923 "Junior High School World") that "Mayohiga" is a name in Tono. ..Based on this, in various current literatures, it is described as "Mayoiga", which has been changed to modern kana usage, and "Mayuga", which is the Ateji character.
"Stray house" folklore
Many of the folklore sources of "lost house" are based on the text of Kunio Yanagita's "Tono Monogatari".However, there are other stories with different details, such as the text written by Kizen Sasaki, the informant of "Tohno Monogatari," and local folklore that was not taken up by either.
Kunio Yanagita's "lost house"
A well-known variation today is the "lost house" in Tono Monogatari.This was written by Kizen Sasaki, but it is not the story as it was heard, and there are not a few parts that were modified by Yanagita.
Six three Miura, a small country, is the richest man in the village.My husband, the second and third generation, is still poor at home and my wife is a little dull.Along the small river that flows in front of this wife one day (Kado)butterburIf there are few good things, I will gradually climb deeper into the valley.By the way, if you look at it, there is a magnificent black gate (Mon) house.I'm wondering, but when I go inside the gate and see it, it blooms all over the red and white flowers in the large garden.鷄Play a lot.If you go to the back of the yard, there is a cowshed and many cows, and there is a stable and many horses, but there are no people at all.At the end, I went up from the front door, and during the next time, I took out a bowl of vermilion and black.In the back room火 鉢You can see the hot water in the iron kettle.However, if there were no figures at the end, I suddenly became scared that it might be Yamao's house, so I rushed home.There is no one who tells this to others but thinks it is true, but one day he went out to his house and washed things, and a red bowl came from Kawakami.If it's too beautiful, I picked it up, but if I used it for tableware, I thought it would be scolded by people, and I got up in the kesenegitsu (a chest for storing minor grains).KeseneIt can be used as a measuring vessel.However, since I started weighing with this device, I haven't run out of kesene.When the person in the house is suspicious of him and asks the woman, he picks it up from the river for the first time and does not tell the reason.This family is more fortunate than this, and finally becomes the current Miura family.In Tono, the mysterious house in the mountains is called Mayohiga.Anyone who encounters Mayohiga should bring out any furniture or livestock in the house.Ya who looks at such a house to give to that person.It is said that this bowl should flow by itself because the woman has stolen everything involuntarily.
June Fourth Kanazawa Village is located at the foot of Hakubo, especially in the mountains of Kamihei District, and there are few people coming and going.Sixty-seven years ago, a certain person named Yamazaki from Tochiuchi Village took his daughter's voice at home.I got lost on a mountain road trying to go to my parents' house, and I couldn't find this Mayohiga again.The state of the house, the large number of cows, horses and chickens, the red and white flowers, etc. are all as in the previous story.There is also a room where you can take out the bowl to enter the entrance.It looks like a place where tea is boiled right now with an iron kettle in the tatami room, and it seems like there are people standing somewhere around the toilet.After being stunned, he became more and more scared, and turned back and finally went to the village of Oguni.In a small country, there is no one who hears this story and makes a mistake, but in Yamazaki, it should be Mayohiga. I went into the depths of the mountain in search of a person who stood up first, and even though I came to a place where there was a gate, I couldn't come back empty because there was nothing in my eyes.I didn't hear that the cloud would eventually become rich.
Kizen Sasaki's "lost house"
In addition to "Tohno Monogatari", there is also one written by Kizen Sasaki himself.He has published two types of "lost house" under the titles of "The Choja Mansion in the Mountains" (1923 "Junior High School World") and "Hidden Village" (1931 "Hearing Soshi").Since both of these are based on young people from Kanazawa Village, it seems to be the same story as "Tono Monogatari" and "XNUMX".However, this one has a clearer depiction of the youth and the lost house.
"Chief Mansion in the Mountains" "Junior High School World"
Next, let's talk about the hidden village (Mayohiga in the land) related to the Yahari paulownia flower.
A young man (about XNUMX years old) from Kamihei Village (Kamihei District) came to the neighborhood of my house.It was XNUMX years ago, but since this young man was born a little short, I stayed in the village for about a year and was divorced, and now I am in the same Tsuchibuchi town, but the characters are different. The story of the man who has returned to the place.
"Since our family has been a hunter for a long time, we have been going to the mountains since the time of XNUMX. My grandfather and father both had good guns, and that gun was for you. It's something I want to show. (He smiled proudly about that.) When he wasn't here yet, he went to Shiramiyama alone. If you look at the cave from a distance, you can see a group of beautiful flowers blooming in the haze, so if you think it suspicious and go for that purpose, it will be nothing. In an unspeakable place, a big rock stood up, and clean water sprang up from a small hole in the rock, and there was a tub painted red by the spring water, so this is I thought that it should be a house for people around here, and when I went around the rock for a while, there was a big black gate. I was suspicious and when I entered through that gate, there were a lot of red chickens. I played around, and one of the hunters had a blue horse, a brown hair, and a horse, and there was a house with a big structure, so I looked up from the front door, but I didn't feel like there was anyone. The four sides are so magnificent that when I walk around the house and look around, there is a tatami room with a red mausoleum, and there is a fire in a copper fire pot and an iron bottle hanging on it. There are some places where the hot water is hot, and there are also tatami rooms where many red bowls are lined up in front of each other, as if there are also guests. I look too much and the people in that house If you find something like that, you should think that you should be a thief, and when you leave somewhere and go out to the garden, the chickens in front will be surprised and fly around there, so you will come out of the gate. I've come away from the darkness here. Then, before I knew it, I came out to the road where I always knew.
Then, I wondered if he was a thief's home, so I ran hard with my chasers and returned to the village, and when I came home and talked about it. What are you guys doing? It's called Mayohiga, which is what gives you luck, and you're often unlucky.Why didn't I bring a bowl, chicken or horse from there?What a hot thing I did.Now, I was told to walk there from here, and this time I went with a lot of people from the house and villagers, and I asked and searched for it, but I couldn't find it.
From this area, when you look at the cave on the other side, you can see the flowers, even if you look at it by climbing trees or rocks, there are already such mountains and caves. If you can see it, you can get rid of it.Everyone laughed when they said that they had made the story of this little idiot true, and they had the feeling that they dreamed that they could say something. "
"Ah, I really dropped myself, but the paulownia forest where the house is located has paulownia flowers blooming and scattered all over," said the young man.This is a story I heard very recently.
"Hidden Village" "Hearing Soshi"
The "Hidden Village" of Mt. Shiromi is mentioned in "Tohno Monogatari", but let's talk about it in a different way.There was a young man in a village called Kanazawa at the southeastern foot of this mountain.When I went to this man or Tokiyama, I came across a mansion with a structure that was so big that I had never seen or heard of which side of the valley it was.Moyori of the house had a big black gate first.When I entered the gate, there were many chickens.Then, a little further, there was a magnificent stable, in which there were six or seven horses.Looking around to the back, there is a burning fire in the furnace, and when you go up to your permanent residence, there is a charcoal fire there.There is some kind of koga (large tub) in the living room, the red set and red bowls are lined up in the tatami room, the gold folding screen is set up in the next tatami room, and the charcoal fire is taken in the Tang copper brazier. There was no one in every place.As he walked around, he was somehow scared and the man ran away.
(The man was a little lacking in nature. He came to a house called Zenemon in Wano in the village, but in May of a certain year, he sent him to the ashes in the role of five people. I left a pile of ashes for the role of five people at the water mouth of the top Osa. When I asked why I did such a thing, what the water of the top Osa was in the field of the role of five people, I said the same thing, so I got divorced.)
(This story was heard from the man's friend, the farmer's grandfather, Oto Mansanjoden.)
Other "lost house"
Teruo Kikuchi, a folklore scholar from Tono City, points out that there is a tradition of "lost house" in the Kotohata village of Tsuchibuchi-cho in addition to the ones written by both Yanagita and Sasaki.According to him, "When aiming for Mt. Shiromi from Tono, Kotohata, Tsuchibuchi-cho is the entrance, but huge paulownia flowers and bowls flow from the upstream of the Kotohata River, so the villagers who wondered the river. There is a tradition that he reached Okuyama along the river and discovered Mayoiga. "However, there is no detailed text that looks like a narrative like Yanagita and Sasaki.
Various discussions about "lost house"
Many researchers are interested in this "lost house", and there are various articles.
The spirit of the folklore
Some of them are based on the feelings of the folklore who have handed down the "lost house".Toshimi Takeuchi discusses the villagers' view of utopia by taking up "Rokusan" in "Kakure-ri as Utopia" (1969 "Tradition and Contemporary").He praised the scene of a splendid gate, red and white flowers, abundant livestock, and a vermilion and black bowl, which imitated a peaceful life, as "Korakudo".This article is also quoted by Miyata in "Utopian Thought" (1977, "Lecture / Comparative Culture", Volume 6).He argued that Mayohiga, who is at the same horizon level, is a "simple view of utopia" that makes us believe that "someday such an opportunity will come."
A work with the motif of "lost house"
Since the announcement in "Tono Monogatari", the tradition of such "lost house" has beenZashikiwarashi,OshirasamaAlong with the above, the name recognition has increased, and in addition to research papers, similar stories have been introduced in books and sites related to true stories and ghost stories, and they are also used as motifs in many creative works.
Takao Kubo 1997 "The Lost House" "Mysterious Story Telling a High School Girl" Aomori Prefectural Literature Association
- Hiroro Nakagawa1985 "The Lost House" "On the Ground of the XNUMXth and XNUMXrd Light Years" Kawade Shobo Shinsha
- Katsuhiko Takahashi1986 "Somonya" Kodansha
- Jukuya Takaba 1992.5 "Shinshaku" Tono Monogatari "Murder Case" Yushisha
- Kazuhei Tatematsu1992.7 "Fake Nanbu Yoshiminden" Iwanami Shoten
- Hiroshi Washiro 1993 "The Lost House" "The Spawn of the Sea-Hiroshi Washiro Novels-" Aomori Prefectural Literature Association
- Seio Nagao1995 "Mt. Hayachinesan's Foreigner" edited by the Mystery Writers of Japan "The Murderous Intention of That Person" Kodansha Bunko
- Kei Shimoshima1996-97 "The Lost Village Mayoiga" Upper, Middle, Lower Shogakukan
- Seio Nagao2001 "Spirited away village" Sakurato Shobo
- Akira Kamiya 2002 "Mayohiga" "Foucault" Short Story "Masterpiece Selection 10" Seiunsha
- Haruka Sendo 2004 "The Village of the Lost House-The Story of Hiiragi Detective Office" Kodansha X Bunko-White Heart
- Taku Ashibe2005 "Legend of the Lost House of Murder Comedy" "Detective Declaration Morie Harusaku no Jikenbo" Kodansha
- Akio Higuchi2005 "Mayohiga" supervised by Masahiko Inoue "Obakeyashiki Variant Collection 33" Kobunsha
- Rin Adashino2009 "Mysterious House" Kodansha Novels
- Shinzo Mitsuda2009 "Movement like a lost house" "Cage like a closed room" Kodansha
- Shingo Fujisaki2012 "Tono Monogatari" Kobunsha
- Hiroki Nishina2015 "Zashiki-warashi's agent" Media Works
- Katsuhiko Takahashi1996 "Twilight Kitan" Mainichi Newspaper
- A story Takahashi heard from an acquaintance.The content is that a staff member of the forestry office in Aomori Prefecture found an out-of-place mansion when he entered the mountain for an investigation. Unlike "Tono Monogatari", he encountered a resident of a mansion and was reminded that he was useless and was returned to the village.This story is a thread on the XNUMXchannel bulletin board "[Mayoiga] Lost house [Mayohiga]Is introduced as a synonym for "lost house" (external link, comment 19).HoweverTakahashi himself did not declare this story as a "lost house", but refused that "the place is Aomori prefecture just by borrowing the style from" Tono Monogatari "."Please note that.
- Kazuhiro Fujita1991 "Chapter XNUMX Tono Youkai Battle Road" "Ushio Tora』Volumes 6 and 7 Shogakukan
- Iku Oyamada1992 ~ 93 "Lost house station』All 5 volumes Akita Shoten
- Makoto Ogino1993 "The Lost Village" "Peacock king Sacred Tradition, Volume 11 Shueisha
- Eiji OtsukaOriginal, drawn by Yoshinatsu Mori Old edition 1997 (new edition 2004) "The Lost Village" "Kitagami Denki』First volume Kadokawa Shoten
- Ichiko Ima2007 "Mayohiga" "Hyakki Yayuki』Volume 10 Asahi Sonorama
- Shinji Saijo2011 "Stray House First and Second Part" "Kigatagakita! ~"Horror newspaperFrom "~" Volume 3
- Rensuke Oshikiri2012 "Mayoiga Part 2 and Part XNUMX" "Camellia" Volume XNUMX Kodansha
- Hiroshi Shiibashi2012 "Act XNUMX To Osorezan ..." "Nurarihyon's grandson』Volume 22 Shueisha
- Sanae Ogasawara Original draft, Masayuki Sugada Screenplay 1995 "Tono Monogatari" Tono Monogatari Fantasy Production Committee
- "Gegege no Kitaro(4th work),Yukiyoshi OhashiScreenplay "Episode 87 Lost House Kurabokko"
- "Manga Japan Old Story, Directed by Koji Abe "Episode 1321 Mayo no Ie", directed by Shiro Fujimoto "Episode 237 Mayohiga"
- "Lost House-Mayoiga-』2016
- "The Wizard's Bride] 2017
- Konoe Hana(Yukako Meguro) Screenplay 2010 "Continued Tono Monogatari" NHK Morioka Broadcasting Station
- Naomi Takemoto Screenplay 2010 "Peach Festival presents lie"The lost house" "
- 2002 『Suigetsu"F & C
- 2003 『Zero red butterfly"Tecmo(Currently Koei Tecmo Games)
- 2005 "The Lost Village Cage" Marine Heart
- 2011 『Stray family demonG-section © SUNSOFT (external link)
- 2012 『Zero crimson butterfly"Koei Tecmo Games
- 2014 『Zero wet crow priestess"Koei Tecmo Games
- Toshiaki Aoki 2003 "Mayoiga" Masami Ishii "Tono Monogatari Dictionary" Iwata Shoin
- Norio Akasaka 1987 "Citizens as Illusions" "Modern Poetry Notebook" Vol. 30, No. 4, Shichosha
- 1994 "Tono / Story Thought" Takarajimasha
- 2010 "Augmented Edition Tono / Story Thought" Araemishi
- Masami Ishii 2000a "Birth of Tono Monogatari" Wakakusa Shobo
- 2000b "The World of Illustrated Tono Monogatari" Kawade Shobo Shinsha
- 2002 "Tono Folktales and Storytellers" Miyai Shoten
- 2009 "Understanding" Tono Monogatari "" Heibonsha Shinsho
- Masami Ishii et al. 2004 "Japanese Grimm Kizen Sasaki" Tono City Museum
- Toru Ishiuchi (ed.) 1996a "Kunio Yanagita" Tono Monogatari "Works Theory Collection" (I) Okusha
- 1996b "Kunio Yanagita" Tono Monogatari "work theory collection" (II) Okusha
- 1996c "Kunio Yanagita" Tono Monogatari "work theory collection" (Ⅲ) Okusha
- 1996d "Kunio Yanagita" Tono Monogatari "work theory collection" (IV) Okusha
- Ino Kanori 1926 "Tono Dialect Magazine" Local Research Company
- Ichiko Ima 2007 "Mayohiga" "Hyakki Yakosho" Volume 10 Asahi Shimbun
- Yoshiteru Iwamoto 1983 "Another Tono Monogatari" Tosui Shobo
- 1995 "Reading the first draft of" Tono Monogatari "(6)" "4 Museum Lecture Collection XNUMX" Tono City Museum
- Eiji Otsuka (Original), Yoshinatsu Mori (Drawing) 2004 "Mayuga Thought" "Kitagami Denki" Volume XNUMX Kadokawa Shoten
- Toshio Ofuji 1969 Commentary "Tono Monogatari" Kadokawa Bunko
- Toshio Ozawa et al. 1999 "Satsu Suzuki All Old Story Collection" Fukuinkan Shoten
- Tomihide Oda 1982 "Problems of the first school book" Tono Monogatari "" "Kokubungaku" Vol. 27, January issue
- Kazuko Ono, Tomoharu Shoji 1992 "Old Story of Tono Township Miyamori Village by Ken Sasaki" World Folktale Expo Executive Committee
- Yoshihiko Kazamaru 2008 "Tono Monogatari Reread" Trial
- Teruo Kikuchi 1983 "Going Tono Monogatari" Tradition and Hyundaisha
- The same 1989 "Tell the story of the village of Tono in the mountains"
- Teruo Kikuchi, Fumio Tomita 1992 "Walking the Tono Monogatari" Kokuhosha
- Goro Kunisada 2000 "Fairy Tale: A Journey to Hometown" King Records
- Yumiko Koike 2002 "Shobe Family Miya Old Story Collection" Kokonsha
- Soichiro Goto (supervisor), Tono Jomin University (ed.) 1997 "Commentary Tono Monogatari" Chikuma Shobo
- Kizen Sasaki 1972  "Hearing Soshi" Chikuma Shobo
- 1986 "Kizen Sasaki Complete Works" (I) Tono City Museum
- 1987 "Kizen Sasaki Complete Works" (II) Tono City Museum
- 2003 "Kizen Sasaki Complete Works" (IV) Tono City Museum
- Kizen Sasaki (Author), Masami Ishii (Edit) 2009 "Tono Kidan" Kawade Shobo Shinsha
- Yasuhiko Sugiyama 1978 "Reading" Tono Monogatari "" "Language" Vol. 7, No. 1 Taishukan Shoten
- 1984 "Space-Time of Tono Monogatari" "Japanese Literature" Vol. 33, No. 1 Japan Literature Association
- Masatoshi Sera 1989 "Essay" Tono Monogatari "-From the Perspective of Alien Theory" "Composition and Development of People's Culture"
- Toshimi Takeuchi 1969 "Kakure-sato as Utopia" "Tradition and Contemporary" No. 17 Gakutosha
- Sachiko Takemura 1987 "The Meaning of" Facts "in" Tono Monogatari "" "Bulletin of the Humanities Research Institute" Chuo University Research Institute for Humanities
- Tono City History Editing Committee 1974-77 "Tono City History" Volumes 1-4 Manyodo Shoten
- Kyozaburo Hyakumeki 1983 "50 paperbacks selected by Kyozaburo Hyakumeki 18 Tono Monogatari" "Weekly Bunshun" Vol. 25, No. 30 Bungei Shunju
- Masatoshi Naito 1978 "Interview with Tono Monogatari"
- 1994 "Original scenery of Tono Monogatari" Chikuma Shobo Chikuma Bunko
- Yasushi Nagafuji 2007 "Reading Tono's Story from <Otherworld> -A Fluidized World Image-" "Bungei Research" No. 101, Faculty of Letters, Meiji University
- Junichi Nomura [and others] 1992 "Tono Monogatari Encyclopedia" Gyosei
- Junichi Nomura, Sukeyuki Miura, Noboru Miyata, Yuko Yoshikawa (eds.) 2007 "Kunio Yanagida Encyclopedia" Tsutomu Shuppan
- Yuji Tomiki 1970 "Kunio Yanagita-Around Tono Monogatari- (12)" "Entertainment" Vol. 3, No. 3, 10/XNUMX
- Sukeyuki Miura 1987 "Village Tradition Theory" Goyanagi Shoin
- 1998 "Tono Monogatari and Literature" "Kunio Yanagita Encyclopedia" Tsutomu Shuppan
- Sukeyuki Miura, Norio Akasaka 2010 "Welcome to Tono Monogatari" Chikuma Primer New Book
- Miyata Noboru 1977 "Utopian Thought" "Lecture / Comparative Culture Vol. 6 Japanese Society" Kenkyusha Publishing
- 1984 "Mura and Utopia" "Japanese Folk Culture Daikei Vol. 8 Villages and Villagers-Community Life and Rituals-" Shogakukan
- 2006 "Utopia and Umarekiyomari" Yoshikawa Kobunkan
- Atsushi Mori 1975 "Tono of Mt. Tatanazuku" "Folk Journey-The World of Kunio Yanagita" 12/10 Yomiuri Shimbun
- Kunio Yanagita 1990  "Legendary Lineage and Classification" "Kunio Yanagita Complete Works" Volume 7 Chikuma Bunko
- 1997  "Tono Monogatari" "Kunio Yanagita Complete Works" Volume 2 Chikuma Shobo
- 1997  "Yamashima Mintanshu" "Kunio Yanagita Complete Works" Volume 2 Chikuma Shobo
- 1997  "The Legends of Tono" "Kunio Yanagita Complete Works" Volume 2 Chikuma Shobo
- 1998  "Ichimoku Kobo Others" "Kunio Yanagita Complete Works" Volume 7 Chikuma Shobo
- Ei Yamada 1990 "Interaction with the Other World-Between Ancient Narratives and" Tono Monogatari "-" "Jin-ai Kokubun" No. 8 Jin-ai Women's Junior College Japanese Literature Society
- Yuko Yoshikawa 1996 "Miyoshi Shirahata's Tono Story" Iwata Shoin
- 1997 "Tono Monogatari is a living story of Miyoshi Shirahata" Iwata Shoin
- Isamu Yoshinari et al. 1992 "Overview of Japan's" Myths and Legends "" History Reader Special Special Edition / Encyclopedia Series 16 Shinjinbutsusha
- Mt. Yoneyama Toshinao, Koichi Kabayama 2003 "Kunio Yanagita" Tono Monogatari "" Hiroshi Takada (ed.) "Dialogue" Tohoku "Theory" Tosui Shobo
- 2008.9.2 "Weekly History Mystery" No. 31 DeAgostini Japan
- 2012.2.10 "Tono Cultural Friends Bulletin Mayohiga" vol.1 Tono City Tono Cultural Research Center