Photo Seiji Fujishiro (right) looking around his own shadow puppets at the preview of the "World Fairytale Exhibition of Light" = July 7, Fukui City Art Museum, Fukui Prefecture
A fantastic shadow picture by Seiji Fujishiro, an artist of light, "The World of Light Fairytale Exhibition" opens on July 7 at the Fukui City Art Museum
If you write the contents roughly
Starting from healing children living in the burnt fields after the war with a shadow play illuminated by candles, he has continued to create energetically.
"The World of Light Fairytale Exhibition" (Fukui Shimbun, Fukui City Art Museum, Fukui Broadcasting) that traces the painting work of "artist of light" Seiji Fujishiro ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Shadow puppets are popular in many countries, and there are shadow puppet theater companies in more than 20 countries.
The doll used for shadow play has a part that transmits light, and the colorCellophaneYou may add various colors to the shadow by pasting.In addition, many of them are provided with joints and can be easily operated.
Shadow play in China is around 200 BC漢In the era, it was adopted as a kind of divine religion using dolls with colored thin animal skins.Northern Song DynastyIt existed as a street performance in the times.
In the 13th centuryYuan dynastyAt the same time, shadow puppets were transmitted from the Asian continent to the Middle East, and took root in each region in various ways.
Chinese shadow puppets are a form in which a puppet made of leather is tied to the tip of a stick, and numerous fairy tales and myths are performed.
In Japan, the shadow puppet theater company "Kibaza" is famous, and it has become a TV program as well as a national box office.Others such as "Theatrical Company Kakufue" are known. .
Combine the shapes of your hands,Dog-cat-FoxThose that express various shadows are called.There is also a shadow play performed by hand shadow play.Edo PeriodApply shadow play toFlashback(Rotating lantern) became popular..In addition, a cutout shadow picture (a paper cut into a human shape with a stick attached), a copy picture (a picture drawn on a shoji screen projected on a curtain), and an Awa specialty finger puppet (invented by Harunosuke Yoshida in the Meiji era). Abolition) etc..
In the Edo period, there were shadow puppets and shadow puppet sellers.
Shadow play in Southeast Asia and IndonesiaWayan KuriFamous as Wayang kulit.GamelanAccompaniment is attached.Wayang means "shadow" and kuri means "skin", and a doll made of cow skin is used.There is a similar one in Malaysia.
The Thai shadow play is called Nang yai (Thai: หนังใหญ่, Nang yai).In Cambodia, shadow play is performed especially in the western part.A shadow play that uses a large doll is called Subaek Tom.Subaek Tom is similar to Thai Nan Yai.It is said that once a big Buddhist event, especially the cremation ceremony of a high priest, was performed continuously from seven days to sometimes two weeks from night to dawn.It is said that Siem Reap Province is the birthplace.A shadow play that uses small puppets with movable limbs is called Subaek Toy.Subaek Toy is similar to Thai Nan Talung (Thai: หนังตะลุง, Nang talung) and Wayang on Java Island.Subaek means the skin and skin of humans and animals.
Indian shadow play is called by various names.The names are different from the old days to the present, and the names are different depending on the state, and there are various things.
The Turkish shadow play is known as Karagöz (Turkish: Karagöz).Karagöz means "black eyes" in Turkish.This is the name of the main character in the shadow play, according to legend in the 14th century.BursaIn the cityMosqueWas a real worker to build.The name of the main character became the name of the shadow play.Widely enjoyed under the rule of the Ottoman Empire.Karagyos was designated as an intangible cultural property by UNESCO in 2003.In Greece, there are Karagiozis or Karagiozis (Greek: Καραγκιόζης, Karagiozis, Karaghiozis) derived from Karagiozis in Turkey.
Malaysian shadow play (video)
- ^ a b c d "World Primary Color Encyclopedia" Volume 2 (paragraph 165)
- ^ Shadow "Encyclopedia" Heibonsha, 1939
- ^ Taichi Saotome ☓ TeamLab [Good exampleNew Year special performance "Dragon and Peony" -Sword Dance / Shadow Play-] team-lab.net
- "Kagee Play in Edo: Cultural History of Light and Shadow" Keiichi Yamamoto. Soshisha, 1988
- Intangible cultural heritage
- Akira Ishii
- Hidezane Tsutsui
- Seiji Fujishiro
- Chiyotaro Children's Theater
- Overhead projector,Illusion machine
- Theatrical company Kakufue (shadow puppet show)
- Shosenkyo Kageenomori Museum
- Theatrical company Kakashiza (Shadow play company specializing in hand silhouette performance)
- NHK "Continuous Silhouette Homeless Child" (1955, Kakashiza)
- Theatrical company Minwaza (a theater company that performs shadow puppet shows and Edo copy pictures)
- Osaka University of Arts "Nishiki Shadow Play Ikeda Gumi" (an organization that restores and performs new works of Nishiki Shadow Play)
- Contemporary Shadow Play Project (Volunteer research team that restores and performs Edo copy pictures)
- Shadow Play Company Ihatov Hall
- Shadow Play Planet (Yuko Hamasaki)
- Indonesian Traditional Folk Music Group Hana Jos
- Contemporary European Shadow Theater
- Shadow theater new technology