[Movie column] "Top Gun Maverick", where the true value of this movie lies in the emphasis on "living"
If you write the contents roughly
Cruise does not suit the year and shows actions that seem to be out of the ordinary in the "Mission: Impossible" series, but this time he is also challenging the feat of acting by himself in a fighter plane.
"Top Gun Maverick" (released May 27) The blockbuster "Top Gun" starring Tom Cruise (86 ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
"Mission Impossible] (Original title: Mission: Impossible) Is1996/ OfAmerica OfアクションSpy movie.. The directorBrian De Palma, The script isDavid CoopとRobert TownAnd starringTom cruise Paula WagnerWork with.TV drama series "Spy Operation(1966-1973) and its sequel "Mission Impossible(1988-1990), the sequel to the movie "Mission ImpossibleThis is the first work in the series.Ethan Hunt, a young spy belonging to the secret intelligence organization "IMF", is falsely accused by an insider's trap and searches for the true criminal.
It ranked third in the 1996 box office record, and was generally well received by critics.Due to this success, it was made into a series, and in 3, the sequel "M: I-2Was released. The 2022th work is scheduled to be released in 7, and the 2023th work is scheduled to be released in 8.
CIATop Secret Intelligence Unit IMF (Impossible Missions Force, Impossible Operations Unit), a veteran operative Jim Phelps[Note 1] Is suddenly offered a movie by a flight attendant on an airplane. It is a directive from the IMF to Phelps,PragueA list of CIA unofficial agents operating in Eastern Europe from the American Embassy in Knock (NOC)” was an espionage mission against an embassy official trying to steal. However, during the operation by him and his team, members including Phelps were killed one after another by a mysterious attacker, and the list was intercepted, and only the young Ethan Hunt survived. Ethan contacts Kittridge, who was the CIA's supervisor of this mission, to meet him, saying he was actually a fake mission to find a traitor in the IMF, and the list itself was fake. Reveal. Ethan fled because Kittridge decided that the only survivor, Ethan, was the traitor and arrested him.
IMF Safe House in Prague (Safe houseReturning to ), Ethan begins to search for the true criminal (intelligence) and the weapon dealer called “Max” with whom he sold information to prove his innocence. When Ethan notices that the insiders "Job" and "Max" are being exchanged using Bible verses, he tells "Max" that the list is fake. At that time, Claire, the wife of Phelps who was thought to be dead, appears in the safe house. Ethan suspects her, but withholds her judgment because the justification is reasonable and there is no evidence. Afterwards, Ethan goes to meet "He" according to the reply from "Max", but he is an elegant lady who is old. Ethan proved the list to be fake, and offered a $1000 million reward and Job's identity to prove that he could steal a real, even global knock, and "Max" receive.
Ethan, who came back to Hidet, plans to steal the real list from the CIA headquarters, Ethan hires Luther, a leading hacker famous in the underworld, and Claire a former CIA operative and pilot Krieger. And Ethan and others broke the world's highest security and succeeded in stealing the list beautifully,UKRun away.
Kittridge, stolen from the real list and losing Ethan's footsteps, tries to squeeze Ethan's mother and uncle into a drug-trafficking robe. After seeing the report, Ethan contacts Kittrid via a payphone, warns him, and leaves a trace so that he knows he is in London. Ethan is then surprised to find Phelps nearby. Phelps said he was killed but saved his life, saying Kitridge is the insider "Job." However, Ethan was convinced by the Bible stamp in the Safehouse that Phelps was "Job," and he knew that Krieger had killed the member from a special knife he had. However, I was not sure if Claire was also a friend. And Ethan went to "Max" the next dayParisTrain goingTGVI will contact you when I make a transaction.
The next day, in the dining car, Ethan hands the list to "Max," but he doesn't want to leave it alone, and Luther interferes, preventing her from transferring the data. On top of that, Ethan directs Claire to the freight vehicle on which "Max" has placed money. When Phelps appears under Claire in a freight vehicle, Claire pleads not to kill Ethan. However, this Phelps is Ethan's disguise, and Claire's identity is revealed to him. A real Phelps appears there, trying to restrain money with a pistol and steal money, but when Ethan puts on glasses, the camera that he was sending sends the image to Kitridge, and the survival and betrayal of Phelps is CIA. Will also be clear.
Phelps shoots Claire, trying to stop him, then beats Ethan and flee to the roof of the train. A helicopter operated by Krieger was approaching there. As Ethan chases, the wire hung from the helicopter to collect the Phelps is attached to the train so that it cannot be removed, and the train enters the tunnel with the helicopter. He was a helicopter who tried to retrieve Phelps and try to leave, but when Ethan jumped to the front, he set up a simple bomb, and at the same time as the bomb exploded, it returned to the train.
Kitridge arrests "Max" on a train that suddenly stops due to the explosion, and she asks him to negotiate. On the other hand, while Kitanridge acknowledges that Ethan and Luther, who also proved their innocence and contributed to Max's arrest, will return to the IMF, but Ethan tells Luther to leave the operative, and takes a plane to return to his home. .. However, the story ends with a flight attendant urging Ethan to relentlessly watch the movie, anticipating the scene where Phelps was first ordered.
ス タ ッ フ
- directed by Brian De Palma
- Production Tom Cruise,Paula Wagner
- script David Coop, Robert Town
- Draft David Coop,Stephen Zyrian
- Executive Director, Paul Hitchcock
- Photo by Stephen H. Blum
- Production Designer Norman Reynolds
- Edit Paul Hirsch
- Special makeup effect Rob bottin
- Visual effects supervisor John Knoll
- Costume penny rose
- Music Danny Elfman
- "Mission Impossible Theme" composition Lalo sifrin
Terrestrial broadcasting history
|Number of times||TV station||Program name||Airdate||Dubbed version|
|First time||Fuji Television Network, Inc||Golden movie theater||1999/10/9||Fuji TV version|
|2 th||Nippon TV||Friday road show||2002/1/18|
|3 th||TV Asahi||Sunday Western Theater||2003/3/16||TV Asahi version|
|5 th||Fuji Television Network, Inc||Saturday Premium||2006/7/22||Fuji TV version|
|7 th||TV Asahi||Sunday Western Theater||2011/12/18||TV Asahi version|
|8 th||Nippon TV||Friday Road SHOW!||2012/12/21|
|9 th||Television Tokyo Channel 12, Ltd.||Afternoon road show||2017/6/20|
In the TV seriesPeter GravesThe character that Jim Phelps played was changed, and in the movieJohn VoightIs playing. Also, the method of contacting the CIA is significantly different from the TV series.
The opening theme and video production follow those of the TV series. However, in the sequels "M:i-2", "M:i:III", and "Ghost Protocol", the opening themes are arranged respectively. "M:i-2" is an uptempo song.
Music originallyAlan SilvestriWas used to compose an original theme song and the recording was finished, but he was a wife at the time when he was dropped because of Tom's intention to use the song of Laro in the drama.Nicole KidmanBy recommendation ofDanny ElfmanWas appointed. When Danny was appointed, he had only been given two weeks to write his music, but Danny completed a drama companion that extruded his own color while interlacing Lalo's songs..
Original series officials
Some cast members of the first television series (1966-1973) responded negatively to the film.
Of the actor who played Bernie CollierGreg MorrisSaid he was fed up with the treatment of Phelps characters and stood before the end of the movie. Played Jim Phelps in the former seriesPeter GravesEven hated changing the treatment of Phelps.
Played Laurent Hand in the original seriesMartin LandauExpressed dissatisfaction with the movie. In an interview with MTV in October 2009, he stated: "In the early scripts, I opposed it because it was like destroying the entire team at once. It was just an action movie, not a spy operation. A spy operation is a psychological warfare." It doesn't matter if we're participating (in the series) or not, but the texture of the piece has changed. Want a volunteer to kill your character? So I got down. It was terrible!".
It was released at 1996 theaters on May 5, 22 and released in 3012.Terminator 2Broke the $1170 million record and achieved box office revenue of $1180 million. The film has also achieved other records in the United States. Earned $6 million in the first 7,500 days,Jurassic ParkFor four daysMemorial Day for the Fallen War SoldiersOver $5,600 million over the weekend inFlintstone/Modern Stone Age] Record. The cruise was deferred and paid $2000 million in rewards. Ultimately, this work reached $1 million in North America and $180 million in the world, making a total of $2 million in revenue worldwide..
This work was controversial from critics.RIn 62%, the average score is 6/10. As a critical opinion, "Brian de Palma's renewal of the spy operation is full of bold scenes due to special effects, but the plot is too complicated.".MetacriticShows a 29/59 controversy or average rating based on 100 reviews.Chicago Sun TimesMovie criticsRoger EvertGave it 4 out of 3 stars, ``This is a movie that exists in the instant, and we must exist in the instant to enjoy it.)".New York TimesSteven Holden of the following commented on the complex plot of the film: "The story doesn't consist of high-quality individual scenes, but what happened? The TV series's rating was fine as long as the sci-fi popular gimmicks remained suspenseful.".USA TodayMike Clark of 4 gave him 3 out of XNUMX stars: "Stylish and speedy, but the cast has a poor human side for the cast. Even if the scheme is good It's up to each person to take positively or negatively.)".
On the other hand, Hal HinsonWashington Post"There's a dash of thrill and some suspense in this film, but what we're looking for in a movie is that it's about its own parts, vivid conversation, excitement at each stage, or It's how the characters are. This isn't the case.".timeRichard Sickel of ``is a work that is recognized as a work of solving a serious crisis by linking events and characters by a logical plot, and it is recognized in this work. (There are citations other than the title, such as theme songs and self-destroying instruction tapes, but they are almost unrelated to the original series.). Oken GleibermanEntertainment weekly"B" rating was given to, "The problem is not that the plot is too complex, and I have exactly the same dissatisfaction with each of the details. There is an appealing part, but it is still inorganic and requires more action than conversation. The stuffing, the esotericity of a physics lecture, the deliberately intricate work doesn't stir the imagination of the audience, it just draws attention.”.
|Awards Circuit Community Awards||Editing Award||Paul Hirsch||Nomination|
|Music awards||Rob bartlett|
|Visual Effect Award||Andrew Eio|
|Japan Academy Award||Best Foreign Work Award||N/A||Nomination|
|BMI Film & TV Awards||BMI Film Music Award||Danny Elfman||Award|
|Golden raspberry award||Joe Esther Hass Memorial/Boxing Revenue over $1 Million Minimum Screenplay Award||David Coop|
|Golden Screen Awards||N/A||N/A||Award|
|MTV Movie Award||Best action scene||Train and helicopter chase scene||Nomination|
|MTV Video Music Awards||Best Video from a Film "Spy Operation Theme"||Adam Clayton & Larry Malen Jr.||Nomination|
|Kids' Choice Awards||Favorite Movie Actor Award||Tom cruise||Nomination|
|Online Film & Television Association Awards||Best Adapted Song "Spy Operation Theme"||Adam Clayton|
Larry Malen Jr.
|Best Sound Mixing||Ron bartlett|
|Best Sound Effects Editing||Tom Bellfort & Christopher boys||Nomination|
|Best Visual Effects||Andrew Eio|
|Producers Guild of America Awards||Most Promising Producer in Theatrical Motion Pictures||Tom cruise & Paula Wagner||Award|
|Satellite award||Editing Award||Paul Hirsch||Nomination|
|Saturn award||Action/adventure movies||N/A||Nomination|
|[How to use footnotes]|
- ^ Although the performers are different, the main character of the drama series
- ^ Non-credit
- ^ Additional cast when broadcasting on December 2011, 12
- ^ 2011/12/18It was described as "Sunday Western Movie Theater" on the broadcast and "Translation: Takeshi Kihara" on the broadcast on BS Japan on April 2017, 4. Broadcast on December 5, 2012Friday road show"Translation: Hiroyuki Matsuzaki" was written.
- ^ Additional recording first broadcast
- ^ a b c "Mission: Impossible (1996)" (English). Box Office Mojo. 2010/2/9Browse.
- ^ "Kinema Junpo』Late March 2016, p. 3
- ^ Next weekSequelWas broadcast.
- ^ The next dayFirst work, The day after nextFirst workWas broadcast.
- ^ Afternoon Enter Afternoon Road "Mission Impossible" Starring: Tom Cruise
- ^ From the manual of the soundtrack released at the time of release
- ^ 'Mission: Impossible' TV stars disgruntled, CNN, (May 29, 1996), http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/9605/29/imposssibles/
- ^ “Interview with Maggie Q”. CNN. (March 2007, 11). originalArchived as of October 2012, 7.. https://archive.is/20120709062419/http://articles.cnn.com/2010-03-14/entertainment/obit.peter.graves_1_phelps-character-mission-publicist
- ^ Martin Landau Discusses'Mission: Impossible' Movies (blog), MTV, (October 29, 2009), originalArchived as of December 28, 2009., https://web.archive.org/web/20091228001842/http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/10/29/martin-landau-is-not-interested-in-appearing-in-a-mission-impossible-movie
- ^ Thomas, Karen (May 1996, 5). “'Mission' is successful, breaks Wednesday record”. USA Today: p. 1D. https://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/USAToday/access/16348281.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT
- ^ Hindes, Andrew (May 1996, 5). “Mission Cruises to BO Record ”. Variety: p. 1
- ^ a b Weinraub, Bernard (May 1996, 5). “Cruise's Thriller Breaking Records”. The New York Times: p. 15. https://www.nytimes.com/1996/05/28/movies/cruise-s-thriller-breaking-records.html
- ^ “Mission: Impossible”. Box Office Mojo. https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3680667137/ 2008/7/16Browse.
- ^ "Mission: Impossible (1996)”. Rotten Tomatoes. 2015/8/1Browse.
- ^ "Mission: Impossible Reviews”. Metacritic. 2015/8/1Browse.
- ^ (September 1996, 5). “Mission: Impossible”. Chicago Sun-Times. http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19960531/REVIEWS/605310305/1023 2008/7/15Browse.
- ^ (September 1996, 5). “Mission: Impossible”. The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/library/filmarchive/mission_impossible.html 2008/7/15Browse.
- ^ Clark, Mike (May 1996, 5). “Should you decide to accept it, plot works”. USA Today: p. 1D. https://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/USAToday/access/16346878.html?FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT
- ^ Hinson, Hal (May 1996, 5). “De Palma's Mission Implausible ”. The Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/longterm/movies/videos/missionimpossible.htm#hinson 2008/7/15Browse.
- ^ (September 1996, 5). “Movie: Improbable”. Time. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,984610,00.html 2009/5/21Browse.
- ^ (September 1996, 5). “Mission: Impossible”. Entertainment Weekly. http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,292824,00.html 2009/5/21Browse.