Photo Movie "Yurucamp △" Main Visual (C) Afro / Houbunsha / Outdoor Activity Committee
Speaking of "mountain" anime? 3rd place “Yowamushi Pedal”, 2nd place “Yuru Camp △”, 1st place “Yamano Susume” [#Mountain Day]
If you write the contents roughly
Movies such as "Princess Mononoke" and "My Neighbor Totoro" are also in the top 10.
August 8th is Mountain Day. "Movie Doraemon: Nobita's Little Space War 11" and "Princess of Dragons and Freckles" will appear. → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
|This item includes some computers andBrowsing softwareCharacters that cannot be displayed with (e in cinema isAccent markWith) is included .|
movies(Eiga,British: motion picture or movie or film,Buddha: cinema,中: Movie) Is longthe filmStill images taken continuously at high speed (写真)projectorProjection curtain (screen) To reproduce the shape and movement by continuously projecting.Activity photo,Kinema,cinemaTomo.
In addition, although it deviates from the original meaning, it is not a filmvideo tapeEtcMagnetic recordingWhat was takenMovie theaterWill be screened atMovieThe works in general are also customarily called "movies".
Since the spread of movie theaters, movies are generally referred to as dedicated facilities (Movie theaterEtc.)screenOften refers to works that are projected onto and published.20st centuryIt is a means of expression that has made great progress, and movies are nowartIt has reached the level that should be called.Also, from ancient timesartIsA painting,彫刻,Music,literature,dance,building,theaterAs a new art comparable to, it is also called "eighth art" or "" without distinguishing between dance and theater... It is also treated as a kind of "comprehensive art" because it creates one work by interweaving various fields of art such as images, stories, and music.
"Movies" and "activity photos"
The original meaning of the word "movie" is "to project a picture" or thus "a picture projected". for that reason,The early modern periodAt the end写真Was used synonymously with.. From that point on, it began to be used for "projecting images (on screens, etc.)", "projected images", and "moving images" shot on longer films.
In addition, "Japanese language dictionaryIn the item of "movie" in "the second edition", it is described as follows.
- Take a picture with a camera. Also, that image.
- Images and films projected by magic lanterns in the Meiji era.
- A mechanism that continuously projects images taken at high speed (standard XNUMX frames per second) on a projection curtain to give the viewer the feeling of seeing continuous movement. Activity photo. Kinema. cinema. movie.
- Activity photo
"Activity photo" is a literal translation of the English word "motion picture" and was originallyIllusion machineHowever, the meaning changed later and it came to refer to movies.
"Cinema" isFrenchIt is the katakana notation of "cinéma".French cinéma is "cinématographe (CinematographIs an abbreviation for, 1. Technology for producing cinematograph films and performing realize (= screening, performance), 2. Projecting (using film) on the screen as if reality were moving(= "Movie screening" in Japanese), 3. Place to screen(=Movie theater), 4. Of the filmdistributionIndustry to do(Movie distributor), which means. In France, based on the tradition of France,Lumiere brothersThe word and concept of "cinema cinema" is used in terms of the concept of cinematograph developed by the company and its technology (as an extension of).EtymologyGreek"Κινεῖν[Note 1](Meaning "moving") ".In addition, there is also the term "film film" in French, and thin and elongated objects for realizing cinematographs are naturally called films, but they are also called films in the sense of individual "movie works".AmericaNow, let ’s make the art work French style.cinemaThe entertainment work is in English style.MoviesThere is a tendency to distinguish it from.
In prewar Japan, the movie was "KinemaWas also called. A movie magazine that has continued since that time ("Kinema Junpo』(Kinema Junposha) Etc.), and it is also used when nostalgic feelings are preferred.
With the development of photographic technology in the latter half of the 19th century, the development of moving photographs using it began in 1893.Thomas edisonLooking into and enjoying aloneKinetoscopeInvented several movie prototypes in the 1890s.. Meanwhile,1895In frenchLumiere brothers screenI projected a moving photo and released it.This is considered to be the origin of movies that lead to the present age..
The movies shown on the screen received a lot of attention all over the world as soon as they appeared, and the year after the development, they were shown in various countries...The movie was just a recording of the facts, but it's still novel because of its novelty.見 世 物Movie theaters were established one after another.20st centuryWhen I entered, the production of movies with stories began, and movie works began to be actively made..
The big breakthrough in cinematic expression wasthe 1920sof"Talkie, And the so-called "" movies that followed.Each of these eventually led to the elimination of previous film formats.For example, "" which is now the pre-" talkie "form.サ イ レ ン トIs rarely announced. Also, now "monochromeIt is extremely rare for a movie shot in "" to be released.
Unlike these advances in film technology in the first half of the 20th century, the development in film technology in the second half of the 20th century acted to increase the variety of cinematic expressions.
After the war, popular movie shooting techniques include, for example, "Special shooting""ア ニ メ ー シ ョ ン""Computer graphics"Is mentioned. These new photography techniques have not become widespread by eradicating earlier methods, but have evolved in their own fields while coexisting with the photography techniques before they appeared.
From the 1970sVTRHowever, due to the difference in the basic display method between film and video, movies were generally shot on 35mm film. Since the beginning of the 21st century, commercial works have also been shot with digital video cameras, and the number of cases where they are edited on a computer without using film is increasing. For more informationDigital cinemaSee.
Since the 1990s, computer graphics, commonly known as CG, which generated images using a computer, has been widely used.
There are various classification methods for movies, such as classification focusing on technical aspects, classification based on the route to deliver the movie work to the audience and business model, and classification based on the content (content of the work).
- Movie for theatrical release / TV movie / Video movie
Movies were originally developed to be screened in dedicated screening facilities such as movie theaters.business modelAs a matter of fact, the company that produces the movie and the company that distributes it rents the film of the movie to the movie theater for a certain period of time and gets a fee for renting it (RevenueThe movie theater has a contract that pays the distribution company, rents the film for a limited number of days, and a large number of spectators buy the tickets necessary for admission. The difference between the money paid to the distribution company and the money earned from the audience is the "gross profit". It was a mechanism to try to increase profits by doing so.Films of movie productions made by movie production companies were reproduced in large numbers from the original films by movie distributors, and individual rental plans were made for each copy.Each individual copy of the film is supposed to move linearly from movie theater to movie theater, initially rented to a large movie theater in an urban area at a high price, and when the screening period ends there. The schedule, which is gradually rented out to movie theaters in local cities and small towns at a low price, balances with the screening plans of other movie works, and makes sure that there are no "holes" in each movie theater. , It was meticulously organized in consideration of the profits of each movie theater.Such a schedule system was called "track".Even now, movies released in theaters are the basis and mainstream of movies, but since the number of movies that are not so is increasing, movies to be released in theatersRetro Nimso"Theatrical release workIt is also called "theatrical release movie".
Then in the 1940s and 1950s in each countrytv set OfbroadcastAs the number of TV owners increased, it was also possible to put movie works that had already been released in theaters on TV radio waves later. In this case, as a business mechanism, negotiations and contracts are made between the movie company that has the rights to the movie work and the TV station, and the TV station pays the movie company the consideration (fee) for broadcasting. Will be paid. Eventually, although relatively small in number, film works were made that were shot on film for the purpose of broadcasting on television from the beginning. Such works are especially "TV movieThere is a way to classify it. When a TV company produces a movie, the above-mentioned flow of money (TV station → movie company) does not occur.TV programIt is a measure taken by the TV station to enhancethe 1960sAs a kind of "main program" in the American TV program ofWesternOr "Home dramaMany movies were produced.[Note 2]
From the late 1970s to the 1980s and beyondBeta max,VHSAs relatively inexpensive home video devices with standards such as these become more and more popular from homes in developed countries, it will eventually be targeted at relatively wealthy homes that own video devices, and will cost several thousand yen to 1 yen. Movie works are now sold in the form of videotapes at a super price. This gave movie (production) companies more ways to make money (other than lending film to cinemas and getting rights from TV stations). As the number of movie works made into videotapes gradually increases, we will lend such videotapes.rental videoA trader appeared, but because the method of monetization of the movie company was not established, the movie work "CopyrightThe trial was related to "loan rights", the use of tapes, and the delineation of the range where screening is permitted, and as a result, the rental company should pay "reasonable consideration" to the movie company. After several trials and negotiations between the movie company and the rental company association, the "rental-only" tape was eventually sold to the rental company at a considerably higher price than the tape sold to the general public. Instead of the movie company's profitable mechanism, or the movie company divides part of the "loan right" into rental companies, the rental company reports the number of times the tape was actually rented to the movie company, and it is linked with that number. The content is to pay the increasing fee firmly in the form ofAgreementThe mechanism of connecting was established. When the business format of video rental was established in this way, movies that were shot on the assumption that they would be sold or rented as videotapes without being released to theaters from the beginning began to appear. It was. These movies are "Video movie"(Or "original video"Etc.). Since then, movie works have been sold and rented on DVD and Blu-ray, and in recent years,BroadbandHowever, when it became widespread in ordinary households, movie companies began to obtain appropriate rights fees not only from television broadcasting but also from online distribution. Since the 2010sNetflixHowever, in order to provide it as Netflix content from the beginning, many "original movies" have been produced and distributed all over the world including Japan.[Note 3].
As the routes by which movie works are delivered to the audience have diversified, the boundaries have become ambiguous, and it is becoming increasingly difficult to uniformly determine where to draw the line. For example, in the United States, the genre of "television movies" has been active for some time, but in moviesAcademy awardsOr "Golden globe awardFor works that are eligible for a movie award such as "Movie Category", the qualifications for application are "Movies to be screened at a movie theater" or "Movies".Pay-per-viewIt is limited to "works delivered in" and excludes "television movies", but on the other hand, in the United StatesEmmy AwardIn the TV program awards such as the Golden Globe Awards and the TV category, awards for "TV movies" are set up in a separate frame.
2017In February, Netflix's original work "White Helmet-Syrian Civil Defense Corps-(Director Einsedel)89th Academy AwardsWon the short documentary award at.Many movie theaters were closed due to the effects of the new coronavirus infection93th Academy AwardsIn addition to the relaxation of the award qualifications, nominations and awards for works whose first screening was in the form of distribution were received one after another..
- Film type / magnetic medium type / digital type
In light of the history of cinema, cinema is originally filmed on photographic film.
Eventually, it was also practiced to incorporate such film into magnetic film, but in the movie world, which was originally supposed to be projected onto a large screen in a theater, shooting with 35 mm film is basically the standard. It continued to exist.
Since the 1990s, the situation has changed from country to country, and there is plenty of money to spare.HollywoodFor majors, movies (and big TV dramas) are still35mm filmShooting continued to be the overwhelming mainstream, and there was a phenomenon that digitalization was rather progressing in Japan and other countries. Once the material taken with photographic film in some countriesdigitalizationHowever, the technique of processing and editing unique to digital technology has also come to be used.
Since the beginning of the 2000s, I haven't used photographic film from the beginning.HD24pEtc.デ ジ タ ルMovies that were shot and edited on equipment, then converted to film and then delivered to the theater also appeared, and the number gradually increased. Audio information is also multi-channel in movie theatersSurroundWith the change, without printing on the filmCD-ROMThe number of cases where it is delivered by such means has increased. (For limited circumstances in JapanJapanese movieDetails on the page. )
Most of the movie works shown in recent movie theaters (cinema complex) have changed the mechanism of "distribution" (as in the past, they make duplicates in the form of an object called a film, and as an object, " To each movie theater in the form of digital data from the beginning (rather than being "delivered")Transmission over network line(VPNIt is transmitted (or on a dedicated line), and it is projected onto the screen by a device that directly projects digital data as an image. Technically speakingData centerThere is a server on the movie company side inside, and each movie theater stores the data of the movie workDownloadHowever, by exchanging "digital keys", movie companies perform operations and management that make it possible or impossible to show each work at each movie theater, and do business. Are.
- Fiction / Documentary or Fiction / Nonfiction
- As one of the classification methods of movie works by content, "fictionmovies" / "documentaryThere is a way to classify it as a movie.Also (similar to art using sentences) fiction movies / Non-FictionThere is also a way to classify it as a movie.
- For movie works, nationality is classified by nationality.GenreIt is also treated like this.For exampleAmerican movies / French movie / Italian movies / British movie / Japanese movie / Korean movie / Chinese movie / Indian movies / Brazilian movie / Argentine cinema And so on.
In order of movie production
The following data is a list of the top 15 countries of feature films (fiction, animation, documentary) screened by the UNESCO Institute for Statistics, unless otherwise stated..
|Ranking||Country||Number of productions||Years|
Box office revenue order
|Years||In box office|
Percentage of home-grown movies
|5||United Kingdom||1.72||2018||44.3% (2017)|
|6||South Korea||1.6||2017||52.2% (2015)|
Admission ticket sales order
According to the UNESCO Institute of Statistical Statistics, the top countries in terms of ticket sales are:
|Ranking||Country||Number of admission tickets sold|
(100 million sheets)
|Years||Number of admission tickets sold per person|
People involved in the production of movie works
The chief executive of film productionMovie producerIs. The producer chooses the project,Funding, Determine budget scale and set outline of allocation, negotiate with candidate distributors (movie theater series),PropagandaStrategy review and decision,directed byPerson selection,An actorSelection of people, judgment of final cut, etc.
Producer authority is maximum. He is stronger than the director, judges whether the director's work is good or bad, and in some cases even dismisses the director in the middle of shooting and replaces it with another director.
When it comes to movies of a certain size or larger, it costs a lot of money to produce, and you must first raise the cost for production.FundingIs needed as the greatest and fundamental foundation, and if it cannot be done,budgetI can't make a plan, I can't decide the allocation ratio of funds, I can't make a shooting plan, arrange movie staff, arrange equipment, nothing.
Films are produced by a large number and variety of professional staff.. The movie, for exampleWriter, Production manager (management of shooting schedule and local transportation of shooting tools), camera (cinematographer, camera engineer, etc.), lighting, recording engineer, "art" (concept, procurement, design of items appearing on the screen) , Production, etc.), Makeup (make up), Costume-related jobs (stylists, costume designers, costume makers, etc.), music (作曲家,Lyricist,singer,Musician,Conductor And so on),VFXDozens of types, even if roughly divided, and hundreds of types of specialists, if subdivided, fulfill their respective roles.A movie is a "comprehensive art" created by bringing together the abilities of these various people.When it comes to large-scale movies, it involves thousands of people, soEnd roll(Display of production personnel) will also be enormous.
- directed by
Personally made movie
Currently, filming in individuals or small amateur groups isCamera integrated VTRIt is usually done in. By recording on DVDs and memory devices since the early 2000sMagnetic tapeDo not useDigital videoIs widespread,DVThe video is also active.
Analog typeVideo tape recorder8mm before it became popularthe filmIt was the mainstream to shoot in. It is difficult for individuals to procure equipment for 35 mm film for business use (even for cameras, it costs millions of yen to purchase, and "maintenance is unreliable", so most of the rentals for individuals are done. The film was also expensive. Therefore, by using a small film for individuals, the cost of sensitive materials such as film and development costs was reduced.
Meanwhile, in the 1980sBeta camUntil it became widespread, it would be used for outdoor shooting at TV stations and the TV movies mentioned above.16 MiriFilm was often used. If it is 16 mm, it is possible to produce it at a lower cost than 35 mm, and even an individual could "get it done", so "movie production with 16 mm" is the goal of amateurs. The era that has been regarded as "has continued for a long time.
For cheaper and easier movie production on 8mm film,8mm movieSee also section.
Digital camcorder and PC basedNonlinear editingDue to the low price of equipmentAlvin Tofflerof"Third wave]ProsumerIs emerging. Also, for professional use, video management software linked with a non-linear editing system is used.
YouTubeWith the creation of a place where anyone can easily express using video sites such as, the situation surrounding personal production of video has changed significantly. The place to screenprojection mappingWith the development of "movies" and "ImageThe distance between "works" is shrinking.
in Japan,Meiji EraSince then, personally shot movies have begun to be produced.PrewarFrom someColor filmWas shot atNHKIn 2003, "BS Prime Time Video Record: Showa War and Peace: The Expression of the Age Revived by Color Film" Part XNUMX Part XNUMX "NHK Special Video recording: Showa war and peace-The expression of the era revived with color film- ", 2006BS special feature Color video recording Revived Japan in the early Showa period " It was taken up in the first part and the second part and a total of three books.
In 2017Takahide HoriThe director's self-taught "JUNK HEAD" won the Best Animated Feature Award at the Fantasia International Film Festival.Won the New Director Award at the Fantastic Film Festival.
Basic elements of a movie work
Said to be the "father of Japanese movies"Shozo MakinoAccording to the movie, there are three elements, and the order is "Suji Nuke Dousa". Suzy refers to the script, Nuke refers to the beauty of the image, and Dousa refers to the acting of the actor..
On the other hand, in the explanation of the item "Movie" in the Encyclopaedia Britannica sub-item encyclopedia, "Movie isscenario,Show,Camera work,EditIt is produced by combining the four basic elements of. ", Citing four elements.
Relationship with the original / Relationship with art by letters
The movie was originally just for the movieplot(Essence of the scenario) is written, and the script is often written only for the movie, but there are novels etc. in advance, and "movie adaptation" may be done later.Also (although not many such countries) Japan, the United States, etc.Comic,ComicIn some rugged countries, movies may be made based on manga and comics.
- If there is an original literary work
The characteristics of the art of letters, such as novels, and the art of movies, which are images (and sounds), are very different. (There are things that can be done with letters, things that are not suitable for letters, things that can be done with images, and things that are not suitable for images.) Art using letters and art using images are, so to speak, "totally different things", so classics Making a movie based on literature involves various difficulties.
For exampleJulien DuvivierDirector'sAnna Karenina"Every happy family looks the same, but each unhappy family has its own form of misery" (Tetsuo MochizukiI gave up expressing the part corresponding to the video in the video, and in the end, I had to show it in letters.
One is "I can complain that it is different from the original".
The second is that "what you shouldn't see in literature can be seen in a movie." For example, "Transformation" directed by Wallery Fokin, etc.カ フ カIs visualizing what he may not have wanted to visualize.
The third is that "I feel like I've read a work that I can't read in about two hours." For example, "War and peace』And so on, but you can see the gorgeous historical world in the movie, and it makes you feel like reading the original one day.
In general, a movie work that tries to visualize the original as faithfully as possible tends to have a low rating as a movie work, and on the contrary, "Sand bowl] OrJean RenoirA movie work with different content from the original, such as the director's "Picnic", or a movie work based on a short story (that is, the original is used as a "trigger" or "crystal core" at best, and keep a distance from the original Therefore, most of the elements of literary works are drastically cut off or changed, and movies that give priority to the convenience of the unique technique of movies) are often regarded as "masterpieces".
- ^ Greek romanization: kinein.
- ^ Although these were widely appreciated in the United States, they were also imported into Japan in large numbers, and home dramas in particular had a considerable influence on Japanese life culture. However, it is rare for this kind of thing to be newly photographed and produced in Japan today.
- ^ These works will not be released in theaters, but will be distributed directly online. In Netflix, works with stories that span multiple episodes are called "TV shows / dramas" (TV Shows in English), and those with only one episode are called "movies" (Movies in English). Most of Netflix's "original movies" belong to the one-shot or two-hour drama genre in Japan.TV movieIt can be said that. These "original films" are increasingly being exhibited at film festivals, causing controversy.Cannes Film FestivalSo, in order to exclude these "original movies" from the judging, it was decided that only the works screened at French movie theaters will be judged from 2018, and it became a controversy..
- ^ "Iwanami Japanese Dictionary Third Edition"Iwanami Shoten, 1983, "KojienXNUMXth edition "Iwanami Shoten, 2008 and others.
- ^ 1911 "Seventh Art Declaration" (Ritchot Canude)
- ^ Original work by Daglon, translation by Yange YanagikawaHaruzo YanagawaTranslated "Photo Mirror Illustrated" 1867
- ^ a b c d e Larousse
- ^ a b "Encyclopedia of Academic Mechanisms" p246-247 VALIS DEUX, supervised by Sakuji Yoshimura, published on January 1996, 1, first edition, Nihon Jitsugyo Publishing Co., Ltd.
- ^ "New Edition Hollywood 100 Years History Lecture From Dream Factory to Dream Kingdom" p22 Keisuke Kitano Heibonsha New Book July 2017, 7 First Edition First Edition
- ^ "New Edition Hollywood 100 Years History Lecture From Dream Factory to Dream Kingdom" p28-32 Keisuke Kitano Heibonsha New Book July 2017, 7 First Edition First Edition
- ^ "Encyclopedia of Academic Mechanisms" p246 VALIS DEUX, supervised by Sakuji Yoshimura, published on January 1996, 1, first edition, Nihon Jitsugyo Publishing Co., Ltd.
- ^ Turner, Lauren (May 2017, 5). “Controversy continues with the exclusion of Netflix films from the Cannes Film Festival”. BBC News April 2017, 11Browse.
- ^ "Netflix nominated for 93 works and 16 categories at the 38rd Academy Awards". AV WatchImpress Corporation (July 2021, 3). April 2022, 3Browse.
- ^ "NTT technology that supports digital cinema". NTT Technology Journal (November 2006). As of January 4, 2021originalMore archives.April 2022, 4Browse.
- ^ a b "UIS Statistics". . UNESCO. April 2019, 5Browse.
- ^ "INDIAN FEATURE FILMS CERTIFIED DURING THE YEAR 2018". (February 2018, 8). As of February 31, 2021originalMore archives.April 2019, 5Browse.
- ^ a b c d "Statistics Of Film Industry In Japan". Eiren. Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan. April 2019, 2Browse.
- ^ ... Mexican Film Institute (2017) Statistical yearbook of Mexican Cinema Mexico City: Mexican Film Institute.
- ^ "Percentage of GBO of all films feature exhibited that are national”. UNESCO Institute for Statistics. April 2019, 5Browse.
- ^ McNary, Dave (January 2019, 1). "2018 Worldwide Box Office Hits Record as Disney Dominates" (English). Variety April 2019, 1Browse.
- ^ a b c d e f g "Leading film markets worldwide in 2018, by gross box office revenue (in billions US dollars)". .As of August 2019, 5originalMore archives.April 2019, 3Browse.
- ^ “Another Record Year for China's Box Office, But Growth Slows”. CaixinGlobal.. (January 2019, 1) April 2019, 5Browse.
- ^ "Value of the film industry in India". (2018). April 2019, 5Browse.
- ^ a b c d e "2017 THEME Report". MPAA. . April 2019, 5Browse.
- ^ “German Box Office 2017: Revenues Rebound to $ 1.2 Billion”. The Hollywood Reporter(July 2018, 1)
- ^ "Culture: Feature films”. UNESCO Institute for Statistics. April 2019, 5Browse.
- ^ "What are the main occupations involved in making a movie?”. Tokyo Film / Actor & Visual Arts College. April 2020, 8Browse.
- ^ High-definition special feature Color video recording Revived Japan in the early Showa period --NHK masterpiece selection (video / still image) NHK Archives
- ^ "7 years of production alone!Dystopian SF animation "JUNK HEAD" self-taught by Japanese director, acclaimed by Del Toro, released on March 3". Movie.com (September 2021, 2). April 2022, 4Browse.
- ^ Kyoto Film Culture and History The 7th Statue of Shozo Makino --Kyoto City Media Support Center
- ^ "Encyclopaedia Britannica Subitem Encyclopedia", "Movies"
- ^ "After all, the world is made of literature" (edited by Mitsuyoshi Numano,Kobunsha Publishing Co., Ltd., 2013, p.115f).
- Movie distribution medium
- Movie works
- Movie classification
- Movie criticism
- Movie history
- Movie term
- Movie company
- Movie school
- Movie producer - Film director - Writer - Movie actor - Movie staff
- Film festival
- Cinema therapy
- Anime - Animated movie - Computer animation
- Box office record - performance income - Distribution income
- Silent movie - Talkie
- Independent movie
- Cine shot
- Digital cinema
- Hollywood --In AmericaMovie industryCenter of
- rental video - Private room video
- --One of the terms in movie theory.Refers to films produced outside the United States film industry, especially those that conflict with the aesthetics and values of American commercial films.
- 8mm movie(Film, not video)
- List of movies
- Movies of each country
- Movie awards
- Japanese films released by year
- List of movie works
- List of movies with the highest box office revenue
"Top 10] (Original title:Check these top 10) IsDC ComicsUnder the umbrella ofWild storm OfimprintIsAmerica's Best ComicsPublished bySuper heroComicLimited series. The original isAlan Moore, The drawing isGene HarとZander Cannon.
Work at the 10th branch (top 10) in the big city "Neopolis" where all residents, from children to the elderly and even their pets, have special abilities.Police officerIt is a work that depicts the success of.
19999から200110It was released as a series of all 12 issues. afterwards,Spin-offof"Smax(2003, all 5 issues)Graphic novelof"Top 10: The Forty-Niners] (2005) was published. FurtherPaul Di FilippoOriginal,Jerry OrdwayThe drawing "Top 10: Beyond the Farthest Precinct" (2005, all five issues) was also made.
- Top 10: Book One (Nos. 1–7)
- Top 10: Book Two (Nos. 8–12)
- Smax (Nos. 1–5)
- Top 10: The Forty-Niners
- Top 10: Beyond the Farthest Precinct (Nos. 1–5)