Photo Netflix Original Anime Series "Spriggan" Teaser Visual
Netflix anime "Spriggan" teaser PV released!
If you write the contents roughly
In 1998, it was made into a theatrical animation under the supervision of Katsuhiro Otomo of "AKIRA", and this time it will be newly visualized as a series that makes full use of 2D drawing and 3DCG.
Netflix original anime series "Spuri ..." based on the popular comics by Hiroshi Takashige and Ryoji Minagawa. → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
MiyagiTome DistrictHasama Town(CurrentTome CityFrom Hasama).Miyagi Prefecture Sanuma High SchoolGraduation.. Blood type is A. 1973"Cartoon actionDebuted at."Dome''AKIRA"Such.Precise drawing with uniform lines that do not rely on pen touch, complicatedPerthWith a style that was not found in Japanese manga until then, such as the screen composition with, it had a great influence on the manga world since the 80s.
1988, The animated movie "AKIRA", which he made based on his own work, received high praise outside Japan and became the forerunner of the Japanese animation movement outside Japan called "Japanimation"...In recent years, he has been mainly active as a movie director.
Since childhoodOsamu Tezukaof"Astro boy"Or"Jungle the GreatGrow up watching..Aspiring to be a cartoonist in junior high school, but in high school he spent his days immersed in movies and temporarily left manga...At that time, I wanted to make a movie, but I started drawing manga thinking of being alone, and at the end of 1971 I wrote my maiden work, "The Girl Who Sell Matches."Tezuka Osamu's magazine "COMAnd 'Ribon』Posted several times, 1973,Prosper Merimee"Gunshot" based on "Mateo Falcone"Cartoon actionDebuted in "Manga Action", and will continue to release short films centered on "Manga Action".
1979, Published "Short Peace", a collection of self-selected works, the first book.From around this time, "Manga fantasyContributed to science fiction magazines and minor magazines such as "Comic Again"New WaveBecame regarded as a writer of. 1980, "Domu" (-1981) in "Action Deluxe", "Manga Action" in "Manga Action"I feel like a war(-1981, original:Toshihiko Yahagi) Is serialized. 1982,Weekly Young MagazineAtAKIRA』(-1993) started serialization, and became a major writer at once with this work.
1983,Shotaro IshinomoriAn anime movie based on the manga work ofGenma Taisen』Participated as a character design, and since then has been involved in animated films. In 1984CanonIn the CM animation of the cameraCharacter DesignIn addition,StoryboardとOriginal pictureI worked on.OmnibusAnime"Labyrinth storyAfter working on one of the "Construction Cancellation Orders" as a director, he directed his own work "AKIRA" and made it into an animated film. 1988It was released in Japan in July and nationwide in December.Since then, he has been active in the field of movies rather than manga. 2004Will be the first feature-length director in eight years.Steam boyIs released, 2007ToYuki UrushibaraA live-action movie based on the work of the same nameMushishiWas released.
2012,TokyoChiyoda Ward Of3331 Arts Chiyodaso,Great East Japan EarthquakeThe first original painting exhibition "Katsuhiro Otomo GENGA Exhibition" was held to support the reconstruction of. Approximately 3000 original drawings, including all the manuscripts of "AKIRA", will be exhibited, making it the largest exhibition of original drawings by manga artists in the world.
Style and influence
Otomo's work became generally known around 1979, when his first collection of works "Short Piece" was published and he began to interact with "New Wave" writers, but by 76-78, it was already. Established a style and became known to some manga readers..Otomo's early worksAmerican new cinemaIs strongly influenced byLock,jazz,dragThere were many things that portrayed everyday landscapes against the background of the culture of the 70's...Otomo admires for frame splitting etc.Akira Kurosawa,Sam PekinperIs strongly influenced by..In addition, despite being drawn in detail, a whitish screen is created by boldly taking the margins, while being realistic.DramasAttention was paid to the dry style of painting without the muddy smell and excess...A major feature of Otomo's early works was that he did not beautify the Japanese characters at all, but instead drew them in an Asian appearance (thin eyes, low nose, short legs, small breasts). It was unusual in the manga world where men were supposed to be cool and women were supposed to draw cutely...The freshness of Otomo's style has a great influence on manga aspirants and established cartoonists., Many imitators appeared before and after the publication of "Short Peace", and its influenceAkio YoshidaAlso extended to shojo manga artists such as..Also, Otomo is from FranceBand descinesWriter Mobius (Jean Giraud) Is often referred to as a writer, and in Europe and the United States, it is sometimes called "Japanese Mobius."
As mentioned above, Otomo initially mainly wrote stories with a background of 70 years of culture. 1979In the 52-page unfinished work "Fire-Ball" (included in "Her Thoughts ...")cyber punkIt depicts the SF of the wind.This work is also the first work that Otomo, who has drawn a person in the work with only long shots, used up., "Domu" and "AKIRA" followed by a harbinger of science fiction works in the 80s.In addition, in the works after "AKIRA", as the characters appearing as heroes and heroines, the eyes of the characters have become larger than in the early days, and the modeling has become cool and cute...In a past interview, he said, "It's easy to draw such a pattern (which is cute like a general anime), but there is no reason to draw it. If you can't survive without drawing, draw it.".
Before Otomo and after Otomo
Since the publication of "Short Peace", the style and method of Japanese manga changed significantly as Otomo's name became known, so the term "before Otomo, after Otomo" is often used to describe the history of manga expression...One who used this wordYonezawa YoshihiroUses symbolized pictures to express a story in a series of meaningful frames.Osamu TezukaOtomo's method of drawing a situation realistically as a single landscape and composing a work with a series of screens by freely changing camera work, as opposed to the manga method systematized byWas called "non-Tezuka method"..In Otomo's work, frames with no characters and only the landscape are drawn in succession, but instead of using the landscape as a descriptive background for the story, "let the landscape tell something" like this. The method was a new method not found in previous comics(Yonezawa states that "the landscape with the character is drawn, not the character and the background.").
Sasakibara GoOtomo's expression, which removes the descriptive meaning and context from the manga picture and draws it realistically and three-dimensionally as a mere "thing" with the same texture as the person and the landscape, is homogeneous in the manga work world. He points out that it made it possible to express space...On the one hand, this gave the artist a desire to draw details in a box garden-like narrative world, since the 70s.SFboom·AnimeIn conjunction with the boom, he fostered a tendency to draw detailed world settings in his works.This tendency laterMasamune ShirowWill be thoroughly pursued by..On the other hand, the three-dimensional modeling of the person is Masamune Shirow since the 80s.Masakazu Katsura,WandererIt also contributed to the creation of a beautiful girl character unique to Japanese manga expression, which has both a "symbolic face" and a "realistic body" by changing the image of a beautiful girl drawn..
In addition to the above, Otomo's drawing power that expresses an old man as an old man from the skeleton to the slack of the skin, instead of a symbolic method such as putting a wrinkle in the mouth, and an accurate perspective of the building from various angles Descriptive power drawn with, optical expression method influenced by photographs and moviesEtc. will raise the level of drawing power of the entire manga world after that...In addition to this, Otomo started the standard by drawing sound effects using balloons instead of letters, and expressing methods such as cracking the ground or denting in a spherical shape due to great power such as supernatural powers. There are many methods that have become.
Parody and criticism
Otomo appeared as a writer who dismantles and retells the stories drawn in manga after the war using the new method described above...Therefore, while having a realistic style, his work has many parodies and quotations of other works including past manga works..
From 1978rockin'on"Katsuhiro Otomo's Nourishing Score!" (Later recorded in "Hansel and Gretel". Most of the manuscriptsYouichi ShibuyaWas discarded without confirmation from Otomo)snow White''Red hoodIs re-told as a cynical fantasy, and in 1979, "Koto scary" (not included in the book) serialized in "Variety" uses two pages each time.Tetsujin 28And 'Gegege no Kitaro』And is doing a parody of various manga works.As mentioned above, Otomo had a history of posting in shojo manga magazines before his debut, but in 1979, in "Comic Again" magazine, a parody work "Dangerous! Student President" that imitated the style of shojo manga ("SOS Dai Tokyo Exploration" Corps ”recorded) is posted.The masterpiece "Domu" is a work in which a girl with destructive supernatural powers appears, but the name Etsuko of that girl is a work in which a girl with supernatural powers also appears.Sarutobi EcchanIs named after the main character of 』, and is also a girl (android) with destructive power.Arale Norimaki("Dr. Slump』) Hat is drawn, showing that it is a homage to these works.OVAThe private detective that appears in the short film "Cats often come back in the morning"Yasuko Aoikeof"With love from EroikaThe author himself commented that it was a parody of Major Eberbach, a spy who appears in the movie.In the feature-length science fiction work "AKIRA", the names of the main charactersYokoyama MitsuteruIt is named after the robot manga "Tetsujin 28-go", and it is pointed out that the structure of the work is also a kind of parody of the same work...In addition, the 2004 movie director's work "Steam boyThe title isOsamu Tezukaof"Astro boyWas conscious of "Astro Boy" which is the English title of.
- 1983 "Dome』In the 4thJapan SF AwardAward.
- 1984 "AKIRA』In the 8thKodansha Manga AwardAward.
- The 1984th edition of "Domu" in 15Nebula AwardReceived the comic category.
- 1992 The colored US version of "AKIRA"Eisner AwardReceived the best coloring category.
- 2002 The US version of "AKIRA" won the Eisner Award for Best Archive Project and Best International Creative Work.
- 2005 From the French governmentArt and culture medal"Chevalier" is awarded.
- 2012 Inducted into the Comic Hall of Fame at the Eisner Awards.
- 2012 『SHORT PEACEThe 16th edition of "Fire Town"Japan Media Arts Festival Animation DivisionGrand Prize.
- 2013 From the Government of JapanPurple ribbonThe award.
- 2014 Annie AwardWindsor McKay AwardsAward.
- 2014 From the French governmentArt and culture medalAwarded "Official".
- 2015 42 timesAngouleme International Manga Festival-Grand PrixAward.
List of works
- Short Peace (1979, Kisou Tengaisha)
- Highway Star (1979, Futabasha)Katsuhiro Otomo Masterpieces1
- Goodbye Nippon (1981, Futabasha) Katsuhiro Otomo Masterpiece Collection 2
- Short Peace (1984, Futabasha) Katsuhiro Otomo Masterpiece Collection 3, Reissue of the fantasy Tengai version
- GOOD WEATHER (1981, Kitansha)
- Hansel and Gretel (1981, Sony Magazines)ISBN-978 4789702812
- I feel like a war(1982, Futabasha)Toshihiko Yahagidraft
- BOOGIE WOOGIE WALTZ (1982, Kitansha)
- Dome(1983, Futabasha)
- AKIRA(Kodansha, 1983-1993) All 6 volumes
- With her thoughts ... (1990, Kodansha)
- SOS Great Tokyo Expedition (1996, Kodansha)
Manga original etc.
- Sartan Defense Corps(1982,Akihiko TakaderaDrawing) Original.
- World Apartment Horror (1991,Now agilityDrawing) Original.Keiko NobumotoAnd joint original.
- ZeD (1991, drawn by Tai Okada) Original. "Old man Z』Comicalization.
- The Legend of Mother Sarah (1990-2004,Takumi NagayasuDrawing) The original.
- Hipira-kun(2001-2002), picture book.Shinji KimuraCo-authored with.
- Steam Boy (2005-2007,Yu KinutaniDrawing) The original. "Steam boy』Comicalization.
- Exemption from crisis (2006-2007,Hiroyuki KaidoDrawing) Original plan.The original is Yoshihiko Tomizawa.
- Crisis Nosuke Exemption ~ Gearman's Book ~ (2008-2009, drawn by Hiroyuki Kaido) Original draft.The original is Yoshihiko Tomizawa.
- Jiyuu to us (live-action movie, 1982) Independently produced work. 16 mm 60 minutes.
- Robot carnival(Omnibus-OVA, 1987) Responsible for the opening and ending director, screenplay, and storyboard
- Labyrinth story(Omnibus / Anime movie, 1986) In charge of director / screenplay / character design of "Construction Cancellation Order"
- AKIRA(Animated film, 1988)
- World Apartment Horror (live-action movie, 1991)
- MEMORIES(Omnibus Anime Movie, 1995)
- GUNDAM Mission to the Rise(Short film, 1998)
- Steam boy(Animated film, 2004)
- Mushishi(Live-action movie, 2007)
- SHORT PEACE(Omnibus anime movie, 2013) In charge of the director and screenwriter of "Fire Town" and the original work of "Weapon Goodbye"
- ORBITAL ERA (animated film, undecided)
Screenplay, character design, etc.
- Live-in Kayagasaki (8mm feature film, 1978,Yoshimitsu MoritaDirector) Advertising illustration
- Genma Taisen(Animated movie, 1983) Character design
- Crusher Joe(Animated film, 1983) Special design (Arachne)
- AKIRA(NES, 1988) Scenario, Produce
- Old man Z(Animated film, 1991) Original, screenplay, mechanic design
- Spriggan(Animated film, 1998) General supervision
- PERFECT BLUE(Animated film, 1998) Planning cooperation
- metropolis(Animated film, 2001) Screenplay
- FREEDOM-PROJECT(CM and animated film, 2006) Some character design and mechanic design
- Hipira-kun(Short TV animation, 2009) In charge of "Story"
- Onijinden(Animated film, 2011) Orochi concept design
- Kirin MC Danone Waters"Volvic Drinking Nature "(TV commercial, 2012) Character design
- Space dandy(TV Anime, 2014) Dancing Alien Design
- NHK Special Tokyo Reborn (TV program, 2018-) Partial design supervision
- High School Erotopia Red Uniform (1981)- Nikkatsu Roman Pornomovies.Visualization of the short film "Ninja Cinema Club".Shinichi Shiratoridirected by.
- Shuffle (1981)-A short film.A live-action video of the short story "RUN".directed by:Satoshi Ishii Cast:Shigeru MuroiOther.Since I could not contact Otomo, the shooting was done without permission, but Otomo who was informed later commented that I would like you to say a word..
- Mysterious Story (1988) --One of the omnibus V-cinema.A live-action film of the short story "The Cat Often Comes Back in the Morning".directed by:Naoto Yamakawa Cast:Hiroshi Mikami, Shigeru Muroi and others
- SO WHAT (1988) --Theatrical release movie.A live-action video of the short story of the same name.Director: Naoto Yamakawa Cast:Higashi Mikihisa, Shigeru Muroi,Naoto TakenakaOther
- New SOS Great Tokyo Expedition (2006) Original / Character draft. --Theatrical anime movie.
イ ラ ス ト レ ー シ ョ ン
- Toshihiko YahagiIllustration of "Crabs, more crabs!" (1981)
- Toshihiko Yahagi"Crabs, more crabs !!" (1982) Illustration
- NHK education"YOU(1982)opening Ofイ ラ ス トCollection.Theme musicRyuichi Sakamoto.
- Masayuki Kusumi"Masayuki Kusumi's Funny Video HESO" (1990) Cover Illustration
- Ishino table tennis"DOVE LOVES DUB" (1995) CD jacket illustration
- Takashi Togo"End of the Edo period sleeves" (1998) Cover illustration
- Otaku Hall of Fame "Hall of Fame" (2006) Logo
- Tetsuya Sato"Since it's muddy" (2007)
- SATURDAY"Chasuke's Journey" (2015)
- Pieter BruegelPainting ofTower of Babel(1563) internal illustration "INSIDE BABEL" (2017)
- OTOMO KATSUHIRO ARTWORK KABA (Kodansha, 1989)
- Viva Il Chicrissimo!(Magazine house, 2008)Katsuya TeradaCollaboration with
- OTOMO KATSUHIRO ARTWORK KABA2 (Kodansha, 2012)
- GENGA OTOMO KATSUHIRO ORIGINAL PICTURES (Published by Katsuhiro Otomo Original Painting Exhibition Executive Committee Release: Pai International, 2012)
- Shotaro Ishinomori
- Otomo is from the same high school as Ishinomori, and as a cartoonist who was particularly conscious of it, he and IshinomoriMitsuyoshi Sonoda("Iron Muscle").
- Hisashi Eguchi
- Eguchi says that Otomo had a great influence on the fact that his design became more illustration-like.It is said that he used to drink with him for a while because he lived close to him. "Old man ZParticipation in 』was also realized by drinking talk
- Jean Giraud(Mobius)
- It is often pointed out that the style of painting is similar, and Otomo himself has named himself as a "very favorite artist"...Mobius also said that he has been interested in Otomo's "Goodbye Nippon" since 1984-85 and has influenced each other..
- Nine Old Men
- In Otomo's animation work, earlyDisney cartoonsIt is said that he was working while looking at the art book in "Construction Cancellation Order" (1988) due to the influence of Nine Old Men who supported.
- Naoki Urasawa
- According to him, he was influenced by Otomo's style, and his early style of painting was similar to that of Otomo.
- Isami Nakagawa
- Otomo likes Nakagawa's manga, and later teaches story manga in Nakagawa's "Reintroduction to Manga Artists," and Otomo appears in this work.
- ^ a b c d e f Manga seek/Nichigai Associates co-authored “Manga Artist Encyclopedia” Nichigai Associates, first published on February 2003, 2,ISBN-4 8169-1760-8, Page 76
- ^ "New Wave Keyword Encyclopedia" "Freestyle 9"Freestyle Co., Ltd., June 2009, 8,ISBN 978-4-939138-47-8, Page 33
- ^ "BS Manga Night Story New Wave Selection" Kanzen, 2004, p. 9
- ^ NHK-FM Radio "Sunday Cafe" Astro Boy's Gift May 1993, 5
- ^ Mori Masaki "Interview Katsuhiro Otomo" "Pafu" July 1979 issue, Weeds Co., p. 7
- ^ Yoshihiro Yonezawa, "Exodus from Manga: Memorandum of Understanding on Katsuhiro Otomo, Item 15", "Eureka," August 1988, Extra Edition, Seitosha, p. 8
- ^ a b c Tomohiko Murakami, Ei Takatori, Yoshihiro Yonezawa "Manga Den-From" Giant Star "to" Delicious Shinbo "" Heibonsha, 1987, pp. 80-81
- ^ a b Yoshihiro Yonezawa, "Exodus from Manga," "Eureka," August 1988, special issue, pp. 8-150
- ^ Tadao Sato "The definitive edition you want to watch on video & DVD! 200 selections of Japanese movies" Seiryu Publishing 2004,
- ^ Fusanosuke Natsume, "Adventure of Osamu Tezuka, Gods of Postwar Manga," Chikuma Shobo, pp. 239-240
- ^ As a newcomer at the time of being influencedMorimura University,Shohei HarumotoEtc. have appeared, andYoji Fukuyama,Jiro TaniguchiChanges in style also appeared in these existing writers.Tori Miki,Nonki MiyasuEt al. Incorporate Otomo-style SFX depictions (Yonezawa Yoshihiro, "Exodus from Manga," "Eureka," August 1988 special issue, p. 8).
- ^ Yoshihiro Yonezawa, "Exodus from Manga," "Eureka," August 1988, special issue, pp. 8-157
- ^ According to Jun Ishikawa's point.Ibid., "BS Manga Night Story New Wave Selection", pp. 32-33
- ^ Yoshihiro Yonezawa, "Exodus from Manga," "Eureka," August 1988, special issue, pp. 8-152
- ^ Fusanosuke Natsume, "The Adventures of Osamu Tezuka," pp. 240-241
- ^ Movie version "AKIRA" making video "AKIRA PRODUCTION REPORT" (1988)
- ^ "Katsuhiro Otomo New Commentary" "BRUTAS" January 2007st and 1th, 1 Merger issue Supplement, Magazine House, page 15
- ^ Yonezawa explains the difference between Otomo and Tezuka's expression methods with the following example. "The continuous piece of ronin that cuts the neck with a cutter knife in front of Ecchan in" Dome "makes the movement (animated part) in between by inserting a piece of the girl's cry in between. The same composition and a series of two frames with the frame stopped in the girl teleport scene of the work. If you do it in the Tezuka style, you will get an onomatopoeia, a flash, or a diagonal line, and the scene to cut is the movement of your hand. The situation is described by the onomatopoeia of "Zubutsu" (Yoshihiro Yonezawa, "Exodus from Manga", "Yuriika", August 1988 special issue, p. 8)
- ^ Yoshihiro Yonezawa, "Exodus from Manga," "Eureka," August 1988, special issue, pp. 8-157
- ^ Fusanosuke Natsume talks about realistic depictions of landscapesKazuhiko MiyayaPointed out the influence from.Fusanosuke Natsume, "The Adventures of Osamu Tezuka," pp. 231-234
- ^ Yoshihiro Yonezawa, "Exodus from Manga," "Eureka," August 1988, special issue, p. 8
- ^ Sasakibara Go"Modern History of <Beautiful Girl>" Kodansha's New Book 1718, 2004, pp. 152-153
- ^ Sasakibara Go, supra, "Modern History of <Beautiful Girl>", pp. 153-154
- ^ Sasakibara Go, supra, "Modern History of <Beautiful Girl>", pp. 142-154
- ^ The expression of the afterglow of a running motorcycle or automobile was the first to spread by Otomo.Fusanosuke Natsume, "The Adventures of Osamu Tezuka," p. 226
- ^ Above, "BS Manga Night Story New Wave Selection", pp. 64-70
- ^ Above, "BS Manga Night Story New Wave Selection", pp. 29-38
- ^ Yoshihiro Yonezawa, "Exodus from Manga," "Eureka," August 1988, special issue, pp. 8-148
- ^ Fusanosuke Natsume, "The Adventures of Osamu Tezuka," pp. 216-217
- ^ a b Yoshihiro Yonezawa, "Exodus from Manga," "Eureka," August 1988, special issue, pp. 8-156
- ^ ""Steam Boy" Report”. Movie Walker. As of July 2004, 7オ リ ジ ナ ル[Broken link]More archives.2008/7/4Browse.
- ^ Katsuhiro Otomo is inducted into the US Comic Hall of Fame, the fourth Japanese to announce at Comic ConAnime! Anime! July 2012, 7
- ^ "Animation category ｜ Grand Prize”. The 16th Japan Media Arts Festival. 2012/12/15Browse.
- ^ ""I came to something that I found interesting" = Anime director Katsuhiro Otomo-Medal with Purple Ribbon”. Jiji Press. 2013/11/2Browse.
- ^ June 2014, 2 Chunichi Shimbun 3 pages
- ^ Video on external link
- ^ "Katsuhiro Otomo won the first Japanese award at the Angoulême International Comics Festival in France!”. Movie.com (April 2015, 1). 2015/1/30Browse.
- ^ "AKIRA”. Tom's Entertainment. 2016/5/19Browse.
- ^ Tatsuya Mori "Night Movie School"
- ^ "Tower of Babel" Exhibition Home Page
- ^ "Katsuhiro Otomo is the first live-action MV director, with Aya Nakano's album song". Comic Natalie(July 2016, 6) 2016/6/14Browse.
- ^ Mori Masaki, "Interview with Katsuhiro Otomo," Pafu, July 1979, p. 7
- ^ Ibid., "Katsuhiro Otomo New Commentary," p. 30
- ^ Mori Masaki, "Interview with Katsuhiro Otomo," "Pafu," July 1979, pp. 7-29.
- ^ Ibid., "Katsuhiro Otomo New Commentary," p. 30
- ^ WEBAnime style"animator interview Koji Morimoto (3)(Viewed on October 2009, 10)
- ^ "MorningFrom the 2017th issue of 34, "I will teach you" Manga that can't stand "!"
- "Pafu" July 1979 issue "Special Feature: The World of Katsuhiro Otomo" Weeds Company
- "Eureka" August 1988 special issue "General feature Katsuhiro Otomo" Seidosha
- Fusanosuke Natsume, The Adventures of Osamu Tezuka, The Gods of Postwar Manga, Chikuma Shobo, 1995
- "BS Manga Night Story New Wave Selection" Kanzen, 2004
- "BRUTAS" January 2007st and 1th, 1 Merger issue separate volume "New commentary Katsuhiro Otomo" Magazine House
[You can easily write your impressions using Twitter! ]
Just press the button below and write after "Impression of the article:" and tweet! In that case, please do not delete the input from the beginning, please put a space after the impression so that sentences will not be connected to the URL.
The official account of PORTALFIELD News will spread (follow, like, retweet) your impressions. After tweeting, you are free to spread or delete it yourself, so feel free to send us your thoughts! Thank you for your cooperation.