Photo Ebizo Ichikawa (center) performing a brave dance with a big sword in his hand = 3rd, Tombori River Walk in Osaka City
Ebizo and others pray for the reconstruction of theater culture at Dotonbori
If you write the contents roughly
With his son, Togen Horikoshi, and his daughter, Botan Ichikawa, he said, "I love traditional culture and theater culture even more, and I would like to ask for your help."
"Prayer Festival for the Revival of Japanese Theater Culture ..." → Continue reading
Osaka Nichi-Nichi Newspaper
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Shinnosuke Ichikawa Yoyo
- The first Shinnosuke Ichikawa
- Second generation Shinnosuke Ichikawa
- The first eldest son, 1823–54.Suicide in Osaka.
- Shinnosuke Ichikawa XNUMXnd → Ebizo Ichikawa XNUMXth → Keijuro Ichikawa XNUMXth
- Third generation Shinnosuke Ichikawa
- The first third son, 1833–74.
- Shinnosuke Ichikawa XNUMXrd → Komazo Ichikawa XNUMXth → XNUMXstIchikawa Shinsho → Ichikawa Shirozaru → XNUMXth generation Ichikawa Ebizo
- XNUMXth generation Shinnosuke Ichikawa
- The first seven sons, 1845–86.
- Akanpei Ichikawa → Toshizo Ichikawa → Shinnosuke Ichikawa XNUMXth generation → XNUMXnd generationIchikawa En'zo → XNUMXth generation Ichikawa Ebizo
- XNUMXth generation Shinnosuke Ichikawa
- XNUMXth generation Shinnosuke Ichikawa
- XNUMXth generation Ichikawa DanjuroThe eldest son of. 1946–2013.
- Natsuo Ichikawa → Shinnosuke Ichikawa, XNUMXth generation → Ebizo Ichikawa, XNUMXth generation → Danjuro Ichikawa, XNUMXth generation
- Seventh generation Shinnosuke Ichikawa
- The eldest son of Shinnosuke Nohara, the sixth generation. 1977–.
- Shinnosuke Ichikawa, XNUMXth generation → Ebisu Ichikawa, XNUMXth generation
- The eleventh generation Ichikawa Ebizo took the name of "the thirteenth generation Ichikawa Danjuro White Monkey".KabukizaIn May, June, and July of 2020, the name was announced, and the eldest son was scheduled to name the 5th Shinnosuke at the same time.,New coronavirus epidemicIt was announced that the performance will be postponed in response to the declaration of emergency in April 2020..
Outside Shinnosuke Ichikawa
- The first son, ???? – ??.As the first eldest son, the second Shinnosuke, took the name of the sixth Ebizo, the second son attacked the name of "Shinnosuke" as the third.However, he soon took the name of the sixth generation Koraizo, so "Shinnosuke" was further named by his third son.This second son did take the name "Shinnosuke", but it was only for a short period of time, and soon after.SmallpoxAfter losing one eye and the unwilling result of the actor going out of business, he soon became uncountable for generations of Shinnosuke.
- XNUMXrd generation Shinnosuke Ichikawa → XNUMXth generationKozo Ichikawa → (After the actor is out of business) Horikoshi Shigebei
- (XNUMXth generation Shinnosuke Ichikawa = XNUMXth generation Kataoka Nizaemon）
- The first adopted child, 1810–63.He was adopted by the first disciple and named Shinnosuke, but was later divorced.Second generation Arashi RikanTo the disciple of.Then this timeSeventh generation Kataoka NizaemonHe was adopted by his disciple, and eventually became the name of the great name of "Nizaemon".This adopted child did call himself "Shinnosuke" as the sixth generation, but due to the fact that he was successful at another gate after being divorced, he soon became uncountable among the Shinnosuke generations.
- XNUMXth generation Shinnosuke Ichikawa → Goro Mitsumasu → Jiro Arashi Tachibana → XNUMXst generationKataoka Gato → Second generationKataoka Gadō → XNUMXth generationHitoshi Kataoka
- ^ "In May 2020, the 5th generation Danjuro Ichikawa announced the name of the white monkey.". Kabuki beautyShochiku Co., Ltd. (January 2019, 1). 2020/11/21Browse.
- ^ "Kabuki-za May, June, July Notice of postponement of "5th generation Ichikawa Danjuro Shirosaru attack name announcement"". Kabuki beautyShochiku Co., Ltd. (January 2019, 1). 2020/11/21Browse.
What is tradition
Tradition is the transmission of tangible or intangible lines such as ancient traditions, styles, tendencies, and bloodlines., Faith, customs, institutions, ideas, scholarship, art, or the spiritual way that forms the center of them, which have been cultivated and passed down by peoples, societies, and organizations throughout their long history.And so on.
In different fields, there are different traditions of different origins.
- Science / Technology / Academic
What is not originally "tradition" may spread as "tradition", and these are called "invented tradition", "invention of tradition", "fabrication of tradition", etc..Eric HobsbawmとTerence RangerThe concept became widely known by Invented Tradition, edited by 1983.
And someCultural anthropologistThe traditional events created by social and political demands are modern, justifying ethnic groups and classes.nationalismPointed out that it is closely related to, and tried to distinguish between what is truly traditional and what is not..
The argument that the traditional events created by political demands are not authenticCultural anthropologyAs well,First ResidentResonated with activists in the rights restoration movement.. For example,HawaiiOf the indigenous movementCriticizes the Invented Tradition as an attempt to undermine the power of the rights restoration movement, and is robbing cultural anthropologists, including Keezing, of Hawaii's sovereignty as well as the US government. Decided to be.
The following points can be mentioned as examples where tradition is a problem.
Example in Japan
Marital surname problem
Marriage surnameIs not a Japanese "tradition"..The same surname for married couples was stipulated1875(Meiji8 years)Ordinary name for compulsory name for commonersIn the latter half of the Meiji era, well after the establishment of the national surname system by1898(Meiji 31).Prior to that, the married couple's surname was notified to the woman in 1876 (Meiji 9) except when inheriting the husband's house (when inheriting the husband's house, the name of the husband's house is referred to. )..Furthermore, there is a study that before that, there were various name systems that were not limited to the same surname and different surnames of married couples..
- "Edo gestureIs not a "tradition" from the Edo period..It is pointed out that the Edo gesture was created in the 1980s..
- "BushidoIs not the "tradition" of samurai from the Edo period.. The word "bushido" does not appear in any dictionary before 1900.
- "EnkaIs not a Japanese "traditional" song..The base isWestern musicAnd after the warProgressive intellectualAgainst the criticism of record songsShowa 40'sAnd laterNew LeftIt was praised by nationalism.
- "I willIs a traditional pre-meal挨 拶Rather, it seems that it became a habit after the Showa period..
Folk training related to shrines and Shinto
- New YearNew YearToShotoIt is pointed out that it is not an old tradition in Japan, but a new event established in the middle of the Meiji era..
- (Kiyosu Sannomiya Hiyoshi Shrine priest, Professor of Japan-China College of Culture and Arts) IsEmperorEnshrines only those who are allegedly dead forYasukuni ShrineIs not a tradition..In Shinto, which is a polytheistic religion, it is not possible to distinguish between an enemy and an ally..
- Japanese eraIncorporates the Chinese system and is not a tradition unique to Japan.
- Grand SumoThen because of the relationship with ShintoRing TheFemale ProhibitionHowever, it is not an old tradition.Also in the Muromachi period and the Edo periodWoman sumoThe record remains, and women were excluded from sumo wrestling at the end of the Meiji era due to modernization and the establishment of a family system..
It is not the traditional Japanese "tradition" that there is little garbage..It has been pointed out that the fact that there is little garbage in Japan today is due to various postwar efforts, not "tradition."
- In postwar Japan, there are opinions that the "traditional family" was broken, the family ties were weakened, and the educational ability of the family was weakened, but in reality, educational know-how etc. appeared in Japan. Around 1910, a new middle class such as wealthy people, officials and intellectuals began to focus on home education, but it was not popular among the general public, and children were generally left alone..
- It is sometimes said that "family ties are weakening" and "family is collapsing", but in fact, a 1958 government survey cited "family" as the "most important thing". Is only 12%, while in a 2013 survey it rose to 44%.
- It is sometimes said that "large families of three generations were found everywhere in Japan in the past", but in a 1920 survey, 54% of all households had nuclear families, and 3% of families lived together for three or more generations. It wasn't too much.In some regions, it was rather taboo for multiple couples to live together..
- It is sometimes said that "housewives are a Japanese tradition", but until around 1970, the employment rate of Japanese women was higher than in Western countries, and it was during the high-growth period that housewives became popular. Diversity was erased in the process of enforcement and modernization of the Meiji Civil Code of 1898, emphasizing the Confucian and authoritative Chinese-like family image and Western gender division of labor..
Evaluation of classical works
ManyoshuWas not traditionally highly evaluated, but in the Meiji era, the songs from the common people to the emperor were included, so value was created for the formation of a unified national view of "Japan".Yoshikazu ShinadaPoints out.
Example in England / Ireland
Tartan check・ SkirtEur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.euNot the "tradition" of..Originally, tartan check was made in Scotland in the late 17th century.HighlandsIt has been pointed out that the people who lived in the area started as a "tradition".
Example in India
yogaSpeaking of unique poses (Asana) Is associated with the practice scene, but yoga centered on this pose practice is not an ancient Indian "tradition". Western style developed in the West from the late 19th century to the early 20th centurygymnasticsHowever, it was imported into modern India and completed...Most of the "yoga classes" currently held in Japan belong to this school.
- ^ Japanese Language Dictionary, Shogakukan, 2005.
- ^ Kojien, 2008th edition, Iwanami Shoten, XNUMX.
- ^ a b c d "It's a real thing? The true identity of" good tradition "",Mainichi Newspapers, August 2016, 1
- ^ a b Eric Bob's Bowum, Terence Ranger (eds.), "Invented Tradition" Kinokuniya Bookstore, 1983.
- ^ a b c d "Tradition to be created-an innocent discourse caused by the Supreme Court decision of" married couple's surname "", Yahoo News, December 2015, 12
- ^ a b c d e It is,"The Liberal Democratic Party's" traditional family "that aims to enact the'Home Education Support Law'., Mainichi Shimbun, December 2017, 3.
- ^ a b c Chihiro Shirakawa National Museum of Ethnology(Edit) "Invented Tradition" "Encyclopedia of World Ethnicities" Maruzen Publishing 2014 ISBN 9784621088234 pp. 56-57.
- ^ Complete list of laws and regulations Meiji 1453 p. XNUMX
- ^ Hirofumi Idota "Thinking about the Couple" World Thought, 2004
- ^ Minoru Harada "A false tradition that undermines the identity education of Edo gestures"Seikaisha, 2014.
- ^ Minoru Harada "The End of Edo Gessa" Star Seas, 2016
- ^ Song Bigen, Others, "What Experts in Each Field Tell You What You Need to Know to Protect Children," 2016.
- ^ Michele M. Mason “Empowering the Would-be Warrior: Bushido and the Gendered Bodies of the Japanese Nation”
- ^ Yusuke Wajima"The history of popular music after the war over the created" Japanese heart "myth" Enka ""Kobunsha new book, 2010.
- ^ Kumakura Isao (1999). "Manners as a culture"Iwanami Shoten. P. 47-49
- ^ Noboru Hirayama "Visit to shrines and temples changed by the railway-Hatsumode was born and raised with the railway" Kotsu Shimbun Shinsho
- ^ Greetings from the President of Japan-China College of Culture and Arts, Philosophy, Teachers Retrieved February 2016, 7
- ^ a b Muneo Narusawa, "Worship of the Emperor in the Meiji Era is Special in the Long History of Shinto," Weekly Friday, Vol. 1089, Friday, May 2016, 5, pp. 27-20.
- ^ Muneo Narusawa-Weekly fridayHen "Nippon Kaigi and the Association of Shinto Shrines" Friday, 2016, page 40.
- ^ "Is sumo's "women's ban" a fiction made after the Meiji era?"Please get off the ring" ripples on a woman who is saving her life"Calicone News", April 2018, 4.2018/4/6Browse.
- ^ Teruyuki Hirota, Japanese discipline has declined, Kodansha, 1999.
- ^ Yoshikazu Shinada, "Invention of Manyoshu", Shinyosha, 2001.
- ^ Mark Singleton, "Yoga Body-The Origin of Pose Practice," translated by Chigusa Kita, Osumi Shoten, 2014.ISBN 978-4-905328-06-3.
- ^ Masayuki Ito, "Genealogy of Contemporary Yoga: Focusing on Fusion with Spirituality Culture," Religious Studies, 84 (4), Japanese Association for Religious Studies, March 2011, 3, pp. 30-417, NOT 110008514008.
- traditional culture
- The argument to appeal to tradition
- Cultural anthropology
- Conservative thought
- Postcolonial theory
- falsified history