Kanako Momota performs a piano performance in a yukata Matsuya Onoe and a duet of the song "Sukutte Goran" in the play "Momoi ...
If you write the contents roughly
I usually go to the bell of Sensoji Temple, but I couldn't do that this year, but I felt like it was New Year's Day, and I felt that I could have hope for a very bright New Year.
Matsuya Onoe and Kanako Momota (Momoiro Clover Z) from December 2020, 12 to January 31, 2021 ... → Continue reading
"Movie Square" is a site that publishes movie introductions, news, and reviews.We will actively take up not only the latest works but also old works.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
|Image request : |
1. Measured map of Kannon-do, an old national treasure before the war
2. The actual measurement of the five-storied pagoda of the old national treasure before the warImage providedplease.(2017/11）
Sensoji Temple(Sensoji) isTokyoTaitoAsakusaThe oldest in Tokyo in 2-chometemple.Mountain numberIs Mt. Kinryu.The principal image isHoly Kanze sound bodhisattva.. originallyTendai sectBelonged to,Showa25 years(1950年) IndependentlyHoly Kannon sect OfMotoyamaBecame..It is commonly known as "Asakusa Kannon" or "Asakusa Kannon-sama" because it has the Kannon Bodhisattva as its principal image, and is widely known.The only one in TokyoBando XNUMX places Kannon sacred placeIt is the ticket office (No. 13).XNUMX places of Edo Kannon sacred placeIt is also the ticket office (No. 1).As it is one of the leading tourist destinations in Japan, it ’s New Year ’sShotoMany worshipers visit every year, and the number of worshipers is always in the top 10 in Japan..
According to folklore such as "Sensoji Engi", the origin of the founding of Sensoji is as follows.
Emperor Suiko36 years(628年),Miyatogawa(CurrentSumida River) Was fishingHino Maehama Shigeru・ There was a Buddha statue on the net of the Takenari brothers.This is the statue of Shokannon, the principal image of Sensoji Temple.The master of the brother who worshiped this statue, Haji Nakatomo , "Haji Manakachi" (Haji no Manakachi)Tomo) left home and rebuilt his home as a temple.This is the beginning of Sensoji Temple.afterwardsDahuaNew Year (645年), A monk named Shonin maintained the temple and made the principal image by Kannon's dream.Secret BuddhaI decided.The Kannon statue is said to be a golden statue with a height of 1 inch and 8 minutes (about 5.5 cm), but its substance is not clear because it is a secret Buddha that is never revealed.Early Heian periodCheonanNew Year (857年.Heaven5 years(828年) Tomo),Enryakuji TempleThe monkYen RenIt is said that (Jikaku Daishi) visited the temple and made a Kannon statue of "Your standing" (a statue for people to worship instead of a secret Buddha).Taking these opportunities, Sensoji Temple opened Katsumi and Ennin called Chuko Kaisan.Tenkei5 years(942年), Mamoru AwaKomasa HiraIt is said that the Shichido Garan was maintained when he was entrusted to Musashimori, and it is said that Kaminarimon, Niomon (currently Hozomon), etc. were built at this time.
One theory is that the image of the Holy Kannon of the principal image is the current one.埼 玉TokyoClose to the prefectural borderHannoIn IwabuchiNaruki RiverThere is a folklore that the Kannon statue enshrined in Iwai-do along the road was washed away by flood water.About 100 years before the founding of Sensoji Temple, the Kannon statue enshrined in Iwaidokannon was washed away by heavy rain into the Naruki River and disappeared.Naruki River TheIruma River,ArakawaThroughSumida RiverThe people of the town who heard the news of the discovery of the statue in the downstream asked for the return, but it was not possible.
The first look in the literature of Sensoji Temple is the Kamakura period "Azuma mirror].According to the book, 5 years of Jisho (1181),Kamakura OfTsuruoka Hachimangu ShrineAsakusa is calling in a palace carpenter for the construction.Also, in the 3rd year of Kenkyu (1192), in KamakuraShochojuinでGoshirakawa PopeWhen the XNUMXth day memorial service was held, a monk from Sensoji Temple participated.Lady Nijo's "Promising』Depicts how she visited Sensoji Temple in 3.
Entered Edo in 18 (Tensho 1590)Tokugawa IeyasuDecided Sensoji Temple as a prayer place and gave him 8 stones of temple territory.The temple of Sensoji was often burned down before the Middle Ages, and after entering the early modern period, it was burnt down one after another in Kanei 1631 (19) and 1642 (3), but the third shogun.Tokugawa IemitsuThe five-storied pagoda was rebuilt in the first year of Keian (1648) and the main hall was rebuilt in the second year of the same year (2).In this way, Sensoji Temple, which was valued by the Tokugawa Shogunate, attracted many worshipers as a Kannon sacred place.
In the second year of Jokyo (2), a store, the predecessor of "Nakamise," was established in Omotesando.This allowed the temple to open in return for imposing cleaning of the precincts on its neighbors.In the middle of the Edo period, street performances began to be performed in the area called "Okuyama" on the west side of the precincts, and the precincts became a place of entertainment for the common people.From the 1685th year (13) to the following yearEdo SanzaThe playhouse was relocated to Asakusa Seitencho (Saruwakacho, now XNUMX-chome, Asakusa, Taito-ku), and this tendency became even stronger.
Asakusa has developed as a red-light district and entertainment area for the common people since modern times, and Sensoji Temple was a symbol of it.MeijiIn 6, the precincts were designated as a park (1873).Asakusa Park), 18th year of Meiji (1885年12/27), "Nakamise" on both sides of Omotesando was reborn as a modern brick building.In 23, the 1890-story "commercial facility and observatory tower"Ryounkaku"(Commonly known as" Asakusa XNUMXth floor ") has been completed.
Taisho6 years(1917年) Started the performance of the Japanese opera "Asakusa Opera", which prospered as a popular drama before the movie became widespread.Great Kanto EarthquakeThen.Asakusa WardAlthough most of the damage was burned down, the precincts were only damaged by the spread of fire with the cooperation of displaced persons.HoweverShowa20 years(1945年）3/10,Tokyo air raidOldNational treasure OfMain hall(Kannon-do),Five-storied pagodaEtc. are burnt down.Second World WarLater Asakusa temporarily declined due to the diversification of entertainment and the development of other red-light districts in Tokyo.However, it is regaining its former bustle through PR activities in the local shopping district, and has become a representative tourist destination in Tokyo as a city that retains the atmosphere of downtown, and many people attend annual events such as Hagoita City and Hozuki City. It is crowded with people.
The gate at the entrance to Omotesando.It is officially called "Kaminarimon" because it has a gabled eight-legged gate with a statue of the wind god on the right and a statue of the god of thunder on the left.KeioNew Year (1865年), A temporary gate was occasionally built after it was burnt down, but in 35 (XNUMX)1960年), The permanent gate was rebuilt with reinforced concrete.Businessman·Konosuke MatsushitaMade a prayer to Asakusa Kannon for the benefit of healing his illness.Matsushita Electric Industrial (currently) in the gatePanasonic) There is a large lantern donated.Sansha FestivalAt that timetyphoonOnly when it arrivesLanternIs folded.
Only the head of the statue of Fujin and Raijin is old, and the body was rebuilt in 1865 after it was destroyed by fire in the first year of Keio (7).Repairs and coloring were added when the gate was rebuilt in 1874.A statue of "Kinryu / Tenryu" is placed between the back of the gate.The west gold dragon (goddess) is a Buddhist priest, Yasuo Sugawara, and the eastern Tenryu (god) is a sculptorHiragushi TanakaIt was dedicated in 53 (Showa 1978).
On both sides of the 250m-long Omotesando from Kaminarimon to Hozomon, there are shops selling souvenirs and sweets, which is called "Nakamise-dori".There are 54 stores on the east side and 35 stores on the west side.The store, which has a temple-like appearance, was rebuilt with reinforced concrete in 14 after the Great Kanto Earthquake.
Sensoji Temple gave permission to open a floor shop (a hut-hanging shop) at the eaves of the branch office in Minamiya instead of imposing cleaning of the precincts on the nearby residents.It was around 2, and this is said to be the origin of Nakamise.
It is just past the Kaminarimon Gate and the Nakamise Shopping Street.It is a double gate of Irimoya-zukuri (a two-story gate with a double roof on the outside).During the Edo period, it was possible to climb up to the second floor several times a year.The current gate is 2 (2)1964年) Reconstructed reinforced concrete construction, a businessmanYonetaro OtaniIt was built by the donation of the couple.To the left and right of the gateKongo wrestler(Nio) It used to be called "Niomon" because it enshrines the statue, but after the reconstruction of Showa, it is called Hozomon.As the name suggests, the upper layer of the gate is a cultural property "Original version allIt is a storage of.
Of the two statues of Kongorikishi, the A-un statue on the left (west) is made by the Buddhist master Nishikido Shinkan, and the Ungyo statue on the right (east) is made by the wood carver Hisaku Muraoka. Is.The model of the Agata statue is a sumo wrestlerNorthern lake, The model of the statue isMyobudaniIs said to be.On the left and right sides of the back of the gate, huge strawberries that have the meaning of amulets are hung.This is Yamagata Prefecture, where Hisaku Muraoka mentioned aboveMurayama CityIt was produced and dedicated by the city's supporters' association because of its origin.StrawI am using 2,500 kg.
New strawji is dedicated every 10 years, but longer rice straw is easier to process, but in recent years rice cultivation has drastically reduced the use of rice straw, and it is hard to fall down due to wind and rain, so it is easy to harvest. Breeding is progressing to shorter varieties.The city specially grows tall, old varieties for this purpose.
19 (XNUMX) to improve earthquake resistance and ensure safety for worshipers2007年) With roof renovation work, excellent in light weight and corrosion resistanceTitaniumMade ofRoof TileWas adopted for the first time in Japan. (KanameCompany roof tiles:TranTixxii(Titanium material is used) By randomly arranging the alumina blasting on the surface, the "mottled feeling" peculiar to earthen tiles is reproduced.In addition, the main building, corner building, descending building, and wife descending building were all made of titanium.Since then, the tiles of the buildings in the precincts have been gradually replaced with titanium..
It is also called Kannon-do because it enshrines the statue of Holy Kannon.The old hallKeian2 years(1649年) Was rebuilt and was designated as a national treasure (at that time) as a representative work of the main hall of a large temple in the early modern period, but it was burnt down in the 20 bombing of Tokyo.The current hall is in 1945 (1958年) Is rebuilt and is made of reinforced concrete.For the reconstruction, the site of Gourd Pond (2400 tsubo) was sold to Koto Rakutenchi, etc. in order to raise construction funds..
To the outsideKawabata Ryuko(Kawabatari) Brush "Dragon Figure",Domoto impressionThere is a ceiling painting of the brush "Tenjin Sanka no Zu".In the center of the inner camp, there is an eight-building palace (Kuuden, synonymous with "kitchen") that enshrines the statue of Holy Kannon (absolutely secret Buddha).The inside of the palace is divided into the upper and lower tiers, and the kitchen where the secret Buddha principal idol is enshrined is placed in the upper berth, and the Kannon statue (Den / Enninsaku) of the Maedachi principal idol is enshrined in the lower berth. To do.In addition to this in the lower rowTokugawa Ieyasu,Tokugawa Iemitsu, (Emperor Nakamikado, the second prince, Tendai-zasu) dedicated Kannon statues are enshrined..
An embroidered book called "Mitocho" is hung in front of the palace door.On the left and right in front of the palaceBrahma-TaishakutenA statue stands.Behind the palace is a statue of the Holy Kannon (commonly known as the back Kannon), which looks the same as the main Buddha statue, and inside the kitchens on the left and right behind the temple, as a side samurai of the principal image.Fudo FudoWith the statueAizen MeioPlace the statue.
Soot payment and door opening memorial service are held on December 12th and 12th every year.The principal image is never revealed as a secret Buddha, but the Kannon statue of "Omae" can be seen by ordinary believers during the opening ceremony from 13:12 pm on December 13..
2009年From February to December 2, the "Heisei Main Hall Great Repair" was carried out.It is the first time in 2010 years since the roof was rebuilt in 12 (Showa 1958).It was also used in the renovation work of the Hozomon (KanameCompany roof tiles:TranTixxiiUses titanium material)..The colors used have also been increased from two to three, creating a texture closer to that of clay roof tiles.
2020年On the morning of June 6th, a new flat dedication memorial service was held. The biane that says "Awesome"1727年Dedicated to1945年 OfTokyo air raidIt was burnt down in the photo and was decorated with a photocopy.The new flat frame is a single plate of large zelkova.Tendai sectMonkでCalligrapher OfShunkai ToyodoThe characters of "Senashi Awe" written by the brushInami sculptureCarved by the engraver Southern Hakuun.It is about 4 meters wide, about 1.3 meters long, about 15 centimeters thick, and weighs about 700 kilograms.The digging of letters is more than 5 centimeters, which was planned to be new when the main hall was rebuilt in 1958, but it could not be realized for a long time because a large single plate could not be procured..
Tenkei5 years(942年）Komasa HiraIs said to have built the tower.This tower is said to have been a three-storied pagoda.After repeated burning, the first year of Keian (1648年) Was built as a five-storied pagoda, and like the main hall, it did not collapse in the Great Kanto Earthquake, but was destroyed by fire in the Great Tokyo Air Raid in 20.The current tower was relocated to the west side of the main hall, near the site of the three-storied pagoda that was burnt down in 1945, and in 8 (Showa 1631).1973年), Reinforced concrete construction, aluminum alloy tiled roof, the height of the platform is about 5 meters, and the height of the tower itself is about 48 meters.Inside the platform, there is a mortuary hall that holds mortuary tablets for a permanent memorial service, and at the top of the towerSri Lanka-Anuradhapura OfIsulmuniya TempleRequested fromStupaIs enshrined.The tower before the reconstruction was on the east side.At that position (around the front of the alternation), a stone with the inscription "Tower" was embedded, but in 21, a new stone monument with the "Old Five-Story Pagoda Ruins" was installed.Trees are planted in the surrounding area, providing a place of relaxation.Edo four towers,Edo Six TowersCan be counted as one of.
Important cultural property.It is a gabled eight-legged gate that stands eastward on the east side of the main hall.Genwa4 years(1618年), It is a valuable building that survived World War II.This gate was originally built as a gate to Toshogu (a shrine dedicated to Ieyasu Tokugawa) in the precincts of Sensoji Temple (Toshogu isKanei19 years(1642年) Has not been rebuilt after it was burnt down).Currently, the two heavens (Mochikokuten, Zanchoten) that are placed on the left and right of the gate are in Ueno.Kaneiji TempleGenyu-in Temple in the graveyardTokugawa Kazuna) It was moved from the mausoleum.In 22, it was restored to its original style by renovation.
Located on the east side of the main hall.The worship hall, the coin hall, and the main hall are important cultural properties.It is a shrine that enshrines the three people involved in the construction of Sensoji Temple as deities.Since the separation of Shinto and Buddhism in the Meiji era, it has become a separate corporation from Sensoji Temple.
Located on the west side of the Hozomon Gate, it is the main temple of Sensoji Temple.Kobori EnshuThere is a strolling garden that is said to have been made by.Normally, it is not open to the public, but it may be open to the public.In 23, it was designated as a national scenic spot.Tenyu-an in the hospital is a tea room that is a copy of Omotesenke Suspicious-an and was built in the latter half of the Edo period.Originally it was in Nagoya.
Operates the social welfare corporation Sensoji Hospital on the north side of the precincts.Meiji 43 Year(1910年)Great Kanto floodIt started with the establishment of a relief center "Sensoji Clinic" for the victims of the disaster in Nembutsu-do.1952年Reorganized into the current hospital.
Other Dou etc.
- Over the Sumida River, south of the templeKomagata BridgeA small shrine in the precincts of the excelave in Nishizume.The principal image isMao KannonStatue (hibutsu).It is said that the worshipers who visited by boat once disembarked here, visited Komagata-do, and then headed for Kannon-do.The current hall is made of reinforced concrete, Hosanma, and Tented, and was rebuilt in 15.The hall was originallySumida RiverIt was built facing the river, but the current temple is facing the Edo-dori side and facing the river.The principal image is opened on the 19th of every month and the memorial service is held.
- Two Buddhas
- Two bronze statues of the dew seat on the right in front of the Hozomon Gate. Commonly known as "wet Buddha".On the rightGuan Yin, LeftMahasthamapraptaIt is a statue.The height including the pedestal is about 4.5 meters.It was made in the 4th year of Jokyo (1687), and according to the inscription on the pedestal, Ueno Tatebayashi (Gunma Prefecture)TatebayashiIt was built by a person named Zenbei Takase in) to reward the rice wholesaler Narii family in Nihonbashi, who once served.
- Kume no Heinai-do
- A small shrine in front of the two Buddha statues.Kume Hirauchi, who is enshrined here, is a semi-legendary person who appears in storytelling.The biography etc. is uncertain, but because he was excellent in the way of the sword and killed many people (also called a decapitation officer), he buried his statue near the Niomon gate to destroy his sins. It is said that people were trampled. Since "trampling" leads to "writing" (love letter), it has come to be regarded as the god of marriage.
- The small mountain in the back of the square to the east of the Hozomon Gate is called "Bentenyama", and the vermilion-painted Benten-do is built on the stone steps, and the bell tower is on the right.Benten-do is a reinforced concrete structure and was rebuilt in 58.The bell tower is made of wood and was rebuilt in 1983.Over this bell towerBell bellIs one of the "bells of time" that informed the people of the Edo period, "Genroku 1 (5) Fukagawa residenceOta Omi Omi Fujiwara MasatsuguHas the inscription "Recast".Matsuo BashoIt is often explained in connection with the phrase "Is the flower cloud bell Ueno or Asakusa?", But this phrase was written in the 5th year of Jokyo (4), five years before the casting of the existing bell. Is.On the left side of the stone steps to Benten-do, there is a monument of Basho's "Iraka's Sightseeing Flower Cloud".
- Located on the west side of the main hall.Reinforced concreteBuilt in 6 with a hipped roof and a shikorobuki roof.In addition to the statue of Holy Kannon, the temple shows the style of the Kamakura period circle school.Amida NyoraiSitting statue, etc.Eight Buddhist statues, which are the guardian deities of the zodiac, are placed in a row.There are Rokkakudo, Hashimoto Yakushido, Ishibashi, etc. around Kagemukai.Built to the left of KagemudouRokkakudo(Tangible Cultural Property designated by Tokyo) was built in the Muromachi period, and although it is small, it is the oldest building in the precincts.Higiri Jizo is enshrined in the hall as the principal image.Ishibashi(country'sImportant artwork) Is Toshogu, which used to be in the precinctsTokugawa IeyasuIt was built for worshiping (to worship), and was built in 4 when Toshogu was solicited.Toshogu itself has not been rebuilt after it was destroyed by fire.
- It is located further west of Kagemudou.Awashima no kami (Wakayama city) in Kishu during the Genroku era during the Edo periodAwashima Shrine) Is solicited.Wooden, Irimoya-zukuri.In 7, when the precincts were redeveloped, the former Kagemukai-do was moved to Awashima-do.This hall was a temporary main hall of Sensoji Temple until 1995 (Showa 30).The main statue of Amida Nyorai is in the hall, and it is said to be the home Buddha of Awashima no kami on the left.Kokuzo BosatsuPlace the statue.It is known that a needle memorial service is held at this temple on February 2th every year.
- Guardian Hall
- The entrance is on the right hand side of the Denboin Street, which is the guardian of Honbo Denboin.The Denboin Garden is not open to the public, but only the guardian hall to the southwest of the site is open to the public, and you can see the strolling garden of the Denboin Garden through the fence.What is the "guardian ambassador" enshrined here?Raccoon dogIs.In the early Meiji era, many raccoon dogs settled in the precincts, and they were burning their hands at the temple.One night, a raccoon dog appeared in the dream of the priest at that time and told the priest that "If you can protect yourself, I will protect the Denboin from the fire", so I decided to build this hall and make it a guardian. It is said that it was done.The main shrine, which is built behind the gabled worship hall, was built in 2.
There are "Asakusa Fudoson" and "Sanpo Arajindo" near the Hozomon Gate,Tendai sectIt is a temple called Daigyoin, and does not belong to Sensoji Temple.
Bronze statues, monuments, etc. in the precincts
- Statue of Mr. and Mrs. Yonetaro Otani --The back of the main hall back square.Reconstruction and donation of HozomonYonetaro Otani(Hotel New OtaniFounder) Bust of the couple.Built in 42 (Showa 1967).
- IX Ichikawa Danjuro"Temporary" statue-the back square of the main hall.Originally built in 8, it was a sculptor.Taketaro ShinkaiHowever, it was lost due to the metal supply during World War II, and in 61,Ichikawa Danjuro XNUMXthIt was rebuilt in the period of the name of.
- Miyakoji Bungo ZenMemorial monument-the ancestor of Bungo-bushi.Miyakoji character Tayu (first generation)Jobanzu character tayu), It was erected in Enkyo 3 (1746).Bungo clauseIchichubushiDerived from this Bungo sectionMiyazonobu,New interior section, And the president of Bungo third classTokiwabushi,From thereTomimoto SectionIs derived,Kiyomoto FestivalWill lead to.ExistingJoruriSix of the eight schools correspond to this Bungo-style joruri.
- Matsuo Basho Monument-To the left of the Bentenyama stone steps.Built in the 8th year of Kansei (1796).
- Lost child news stone mark-in front of the main hall.It is one of the lost child news stone markers that were found in several places in Edo, and was erected in Ansei 1 (7), but the current stone marker was restored in 1860 (Showa 32).
- "Pigeon Poppo" monument-in front of the main hall.Kume HigashiLyrics,Rentaro TakiThe nursery rhyme "Composed" released in 33 (Meiji 1900)Pigeon poppoA monument showing the lyrics and sheet music.Built in 37 (Showa 1962).This song is different from the song "Pigeon" sung by the Ministry of Education.
- Movie Benshizuka-Standing in a section called "Shin-Okuyama" on the south side of Awashima-do.Silent movieActive in the timesBentoIt was erected in 33 to honor the.The title isIchiro HatoyamaBook of.
- Comic person monument ――It is in "New Okuyama".Built in 57.Kawahisa HaruhisaThe name of the Japanese comedy who became the deceased is engraved.
- Uryu Iwako Statue-Located in "Shin-Okuyama".Uryu Iwako(1829 --1897) is from Kitakata City, Fukushima Prefecture.He is a person called Nightingale in Japan who devotes his life to the relief of the weak and the poor and social work.The bronze statue was erected in 34, but was lost due to the supply of metal during World War II and was rebuilt in 1901.
- "This is Katsushika-ku Kameari Koenmae police station" monument --Asakusa Shrine Torii side.In 17Akimoto OsamuCartoon ofPolice Box in Front of Kameari Park, Katsushika WardIt was erected to commemorate the circulation of the book, which exceeded 1 million.The main character of the work, Kankichi Ryotsu, a police officer, is set to grow up in Asakusa, and was erected by the appearance of Asakusa Shrine in the volume of "Asakusa Monogatari" based on the episode of Ryotsu's boyhood. It was done.
- Firefighters' commendation monument-The back of the main hall back square.In the first year of the Taisho era (1912), he was killed.Fire extinguishingIt was erected for the memorial service and honor of.A memorial service is held on May 5th every year, and performances of ladder riding, woodworking, and swinging are performed at the back square of the main hall..
In addition, in the precincts of Asakusa ShrineKubota MantaroMonument,Matsutaro KawaguchiMonument,Kawatake MokuamiHonoring monument,Ichikawa Monkey(XNUMXnd generation Ennosuke Ichikawa) Monument,The first Nakamura KichiemonThere is a monument and so on.
Asakusa Park in Tokyo was once centered around the precincts of Sensoji Temple.Japan's firstCity parkAs one of, Was born on March 1873, 6 (Meiji 3).The park site is 25 (Meiji 1871) in the temple and shrine territory and precincts.Uechi OrdinanceRequisitioned byMeiji 6 Taiseikan Fuda No. 16でTokyoReceived the designation of the park from, and started maintenance.Initially, it was limited to the precincts of Sensoji Temple, Nakamise and Okuyama districts, but Tokyo Prefecture expects the rent income from Asakusa Park to cover the maintenance costs of the other four parks.1876年(Meiji 9) Since November, Denboin, Sensoji Temple fire extinguishing ground, 11 neighborhoods, etc. have been incorporated and expanded.1882年In (Meiji 15), the fire extinguishing area called Asakusa Paddy Field on the west side of Sensoji Temple was finally reclaimed, and the construction of the Hayashiizumi district (later 1883 wards) and the entertainment district (later 16 wards) was started. Construction completed on September 9, 26 (Meiji XNUMX),1884年(Meiji 17) January The park area was divided into 1 sections, and the 6th section was added in September of the same year (excluded later).In this way, the opening ceremony of Asakusa Park was held from May 9, 7 (Meiji 1886)..
After World War II,1947年(Showa 22) Following the government's approval of the disposal of shrines and temples owned by public organizations on April 4, Asakusa Park was dedesignated as a park on May 2, 5, and again in October 1. Became the property of..Sensoji Temple sold the gourd pond in the XNUMXth ward for a short while to raise funds for the reconstruction of the main hall that was destroyed by the bombing of Tokyo.After that, as a town name1965年(Showa 40) August 8House displayIt survived until the system was introduced, but it is no longer there."Asakusa Park" as an administrative town name is generally included in the current Asakusa XNUMX-chome and XNUMX-chome.Asakusa Park, which is no longer a metropolitan park or a ward parkHowever, it is written on the map in the precincts of Sensoji Temple as a remnant from the old days.
Ancestor memorial service
At Sensoji TempleAncestor memorial serviceYou can also.
Sensoji Temple, which is said to be a spiritual test, accepts ancestral memorial services every day regardless of the sect of the family.I have been covering the Asakusa area for many years.Hiroyuki ItsukiAccording to the sect, even people who are completely unrelated to the denomination can apply for a memorial service, so the mortuary tablets in the five-storied pagodaEmperor Showa,Mother Teresa,Princess DianaIt is said that there are even mortuary tablets.
Prayer for ancestors, ancestors, etc. is held every day from 6 o'clock (10:3 from October to March), 6 o'clock and 10 o'clock.
In addition to accepting by the name of a specific individual, we also accept in the form of XX family ancestors.
The payment is from 3,000 yen.
Major annual events
- Needle memorial service(2/8）Awashima-doDone in.
- - 3/18Honjo Show (Jigen),10/18It will be shown at the time of.
- Sansha Festival(5 May 17-18 DayAround)- Asakusa Shrine(Three company Gongen)FestivalAndTokyoFamous as a representative festival.MagnificentMikoshiWith the transfer, "Binzasara MaiKnown as.
- XNUMX days (XNUMX days7 May 9-10 Day) --It is said that if you visit this day, you will have a benefit of 4 days.HozukiCityIs performed.
- (8/15)- ObonIt is also run as a memorial service for ancestors. You can ask for 1 yen per body.
- Asakusa Lantern Festival (9About 2 weeks from mid-Saturday)- Asakusa Hanayashiki,Sixth Ward BroadwayWill also be the venue.
- Palace opening memorial service (12/13) -The palace soot will be paid on December 12, and the main idol will be opened on December 12 as a memorial service for opening the palace..
- Lunar New Year Fair12 May 17~19 Day) --On the 18th of every monthGuan YinIt's a fair, but especially at the end of the yearfairIs called.battledoreCityIs performed.
Anecdotes about Sensoji Temple
The statue of Holy Kannon, the principal image of the secret Buddha, was not seen for a long time, so its existence was suspected in the Meiji era.When an official came to investigate in the 2nd year of the Meiji era, it became clear that the principal image did exist.According to the survey at this time, it is a statue of Holy Kannon in the style of the Nara period, with a height of 20.centimeterI heard that it was burnt and I didn't have both hands and feet...Currently, it is said that the "Ura Kannon" that can be seen at all times has the same style as the main Buddha statue, but the height is different from 89 cm...The size of the principal image is often referred to as "one inch eight minutes (about 5 centimeters) Kannon-sama", but according to Sensoji Temple, "one inch eight minutes" is a popular theory since the Edo period..
Of Sensoji TempleFortuneIs thinBatonIt's big and heavy enough to be held by both handsPrism-ColumnOf shapeTubeIt is a method of shaking a box and pulling out one stick from a small hole at the end of the box to receive the lottery with the number written on the stick.The breakdown is seven types: Daikichi, Kichi, Hankichi, Kokichi, Suekokichi, Sueyoshi, and Kyou., Sueyoshi is supposed to take it home as a talisman, and tie a fortune with a knot stick beside him only if he has pulled a bad luck.
The oldest beckoning cat
The origin of the beckoning cat is said to be a place of origin all over the country, but it is the precincts of Sensoji Temple that the origin is surely confirmed by records, the real thing, and Nishiki-e.Wujiang chronology,Fujiokaya DiaryKaeiFor the item of 5 years, by an old woman at the Gongen Torii side of the temple precinctsImado wareMade ofBeckoning catIt is written that was put on the market and became a fad.Its characteristic is that there is a 〆 engraving on the back, which bears the luck of "making money and good fortune round", and specifically with a beckoning cat.Asakusa KannonWith a catRound cat(Marushime cat)It is also written.the sameKaeiThe Nishiki-e "Joruri Town Prosperity Figure" published in 5 years depicts selling a round cat in analogy to the characters in Joruri.In recent years, several beckoning cats with the "Maru ni 〆" engraving on the back have been confirmed from the early modern ruins in Tokyo.From these, it can be said that it is the oldest beckoning cat with a clear record and the real thing.
- Lotus Sutra (both Kaikai) Volume 10-Showa 26 (Showa XNUMX)1951年) Designation.Heian period Of11st centuryAroundDecorative sutra..Also known as "Sensoji Temple".A masterpiece of "decorative sutra" decorated with gold and silver mudHokke SutraIn 8 volumes, all 10 volumes including "Minamoto no Yoshitsune" and "Kanfu Kenkyo" have been completed, and the cover, shaft, and winding string are left as they were at the beginning of production.Tokyo National MuseumToDeposit.
Important cultural property
- 6 buildings of Sensoji Denboin
- Guest Hall: 1 flat surface
- Attached to Oshoin: 8 sliding doors, 8 base rails
- New Shoin
- Okura Kei (Original Edition) Volume 5428 --China, Yuan Dynasty (early Meiji era,Tsuruoka Hachimangu ShrineMore introduced)
Scenic spot (country designated)
- Denboin Garden
In addition, in the Edo periodEmaAre preserved in large numbersTani Buncho,Kikuchi Yosai,Suzuki Kiitsu,Kuniyoshi Utagawa,Kano Kazunobu,Shibata ZeshinThere is also a work of a famous painter like.
Excavation of Sensoji Temple
Sensoji Temple as an archaeological site
Sensoji Temple has a long history from ancient times to the Middle Ages and the early modern period (Edo period).archeologyIncluding important historical materials in the basementSensoji Temple RuinsBut also.Prior to the reconstruction of the five-storied pagoda that was destroyed by the war, 451970年) Was excavated at the reconstruction site, and academically valuable results were obtained.In particular, this survey, along with the excavation survey of the Kasai Castle Ruins in Katsushika Ward and the excavation survey in Chiyoda Ward Metropolitan Hitotsubashi High School, is the beginning of a medieval and early modern (Edo period) archaeological survey that was not the subject of research in Japanese archeology until then. It became a monumental survey in the history of science, which was the starting point of modern archeology.Since then, the Taito Ward Board of Education has continued to steadily excavate the precincts of Sensoji Temple and its surroundings, and there have been a series of discoveries urging major revisions to the historical images of Sensoji Temple and Asakusa that have been drawn by conventional literature research.
- Shinpei Kato "Sensoji Temple Personal Thoughts" ("Material Culture" No. 18, 1971)
- Satoru Omata "Ruins of Taito Ward" ("Musashino" Vol. 74, No. 2, 1996)
- Satoru Omata, "Excavation Survey of Professor Kato and Taito Ward" ("From Tundra to the Tropics: Professor Shinpei Kato Memorial Archaeological Review", 2001), pp. 227-228.
- Satoru Omata "Sensoji Temple (Sensoji Temple Ruins)" ("Medieval Roof Tile in Tokyo" 7th Medieval Roof Tile Study Group Material Collection, Medieval Roof Tile Study Group, 2000).
- Report of excavation survey in and around Sensoji Temple by Taito Ward Board of Education and Taito Ward Cultural Properties Survey Committee
- Taito Ward Cultural Properties Survey 1994 "Asakusa Matsukiyo Town Ruins Survey Report"
- Taito Ward Cultural Properties Study Group 1999 "Sensoji Nishi Ruins" Taito Ward Buried Cultural Properties Excavation Survey Report Vol.
- Taito Ward Cultural Properties Survey 2001 "Sensoji Site: Sensoji Hospital Site" Taito Ward Buried Cultural Properties Excavation Survey Report Vol.
- Taito Ward Cultural Properties Study Group 2002 "Kaminarimon Ruins" Taito Ward Buried Cultural Properties Excavation Survey Report 18th collection.
Illumination of Sensoji Temple
At Sensoji Temple, the main hall, five-storied pagoda, Hozomon, and Kaminarimon began to be lit up in October 400 under the slogan of "Shining 21st Century Asakusa" as a commemorative project for the 2003th anniversary of the opening of Edo.The light-up design was doneTokyo Tower,Rainbow BridgeAlso in chargeMikiko Ishii..In addition, from 2010, Nitenmon has been lit up with LEDs so that the colors change from red to blue to purple.Light-up time is from sunset to 11:XNUMX pm every day.The door of the main hall is closed at night, but worship is possible.Japan night view heritageDesignated regional heritage.
- Tokyo Metro Ginza Line- Toei Subway Asakusa Line- Tobu Isesaki Line(Tobu Sky Tree Line)Asakusa Station5 minutes on foot
- Tsukuba Express10 minutes walk from Asakusa station
- Toei Bus1 minutes walk from Asakusa Raimon bus stop of S-23, upper 24, grass 39, grass 42, east 43 Otsu, grass 64, grass 3 system
- Toei Bus08 minutes walk from Tobu Asakusa station bus stop of Miyako 42, East 5 Ko system
- Toei Bus41 minutes walk from Asakusa 46-chome bus stop of grass 63, top 8, grass XNUMX
- Keisei Bus-Keisei Town BusYes 01, 59 minutes walk from Asakusa Kaminarimon bus stop of Shinko 3 system
- Tobu Bus CentralSky tree shuttle3 minutes walk from Asakusa Kaminarimon bus stop
Front and back bills
- ^ FAQ(Sensoji official website)
- ^ It has been around 6th place.
- ^ History of Sensoji Temple Sensoji Temple
- ^ About Asakusa Shrine Asakusa Shrine
- ^ Murayama City Hall Official Website "Sensoji Temple Dedication"
- ^ The main hall of Sensoji Temple is also ... Titanium building materials are used as "castle tiles" Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal appeals disaster prevention value
- ^ a b c Titanium tile five-storied pagoda open to the public = Sensoji Temple - Newsletter
- ^ "Sale of gourd ponds to fund the reconstruction of the main hall of Asakusa Kannon" Asahi Shimbun, July 26, 7, page 13
- ^ "Main hall"(Sensoji official website)
- ^ "Main hall"(Sensoji official website)
- ^ In "Tour of Buddha statues in the suburbs of Tokyo" (Gakken, 2009), the production dates of all three bodies, Urakannon, Fudo, and Aizen, are unknown.
- ^ "Palace soot payment / palace opening memorial service"(Sensoji official website)
- ^ "Inami's biane engraver at Sensoji Temple, produced by Mr. Hakuun Nanbu"Northern Japan Newspaper 2020/6/12
- ^ According to "History of Imoji, the Town of Imoji" (1999) edited by Tsuji Ward History Committee, Masatsugu Fujiwara, Ota Omi, said "Kama RokuServed as a servant of the Edo ShogunateImojiThe name of.There are three Bonsho bells in the early days of Kamaroku in Tokyo, besides Sensoji Temple.Gotokuji Temple (Setagaya),Senjoji Temple (Edogawa-ku) Exists.
- ^ Estimated "Visit Buddha statues near Tokyo".The exact year of production is unknown
- ^ Edo Fire Fighting Memorial Association "Edo Fire Fighting XNUMXth Anniversary"Tokyo Fire DepartmentSupervised, not for sale, 2004
- ^ Tokyo Prefecture is against the Daijo-kan governmentShiba Park,Ueno Park,Fukagawa Park,Asukayama ParkWas designated as a park area.
- ^ Asakusa opening ceremony (blog)June 2012, 12
- ^ Popular culture in Asakusa in the 1920s (Chizuru Sugiyama)
- ^ Change in perception of Sensoji Temple due to park designation (Kana Kawabata)
- ^ Introduction of municipal public amusement parks, etc.Taito Ward HP (with June 2015)
- ^ Asakusa Lantern Festival 2017 Venue
- ^ "Kannon KeiThe stage curtain is taken down as soon as the reading of 』is finished, and the door is closed after the memorial service.
- ^ Hiroyuki Itsuki (2009). Hyakuji pilgrimageVolume XNUMX. Kodansha Bunko by.There is also a theory that it is the head of a golden dragon, not a Buddha statue, but it is doubtful.
- ^ "Visit Buddha statues near Tokyo"Gakken Publishing, February 2009.ISBN-978 4056056884.
- ^ "The principal image of Sensoji Temple"(Sensoji official website)
- ^ "Sensoji Omikuji distribution situation". Nihon Keizai ShimbunMorning newspaper(July 2016, 6) 2019/1/3Browse.
- ^ October 27, 7 Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Notification No. 8
- ^ "Main Hall (Asakusa Encyclopedia)”. Asakusa Maki no Kai. 2019/12/8Browse.
- ^ "Get to know Sensoji Temple”. Sensoji Temple. 2019/12/8Browse.
- ^ For more information on Sensoji votive tablets, see "Kongousan Sensoji Ema Catalog" (published by Kongousan Sensoji Temple, 1978).
- ^ Ruins of Taito Ward-Sensoji Temple Ruins
- Kongousan Sensoji ed., "Illustrated Sensoji Temple Nowadays" Tokyo Art, 1996
- Yasumori Negishi"Ear sac』All three books Tsuyoshi HasegawaSchool note,Iwanami Shoten〈Iwanami library>, 1991. --A essay from the Edo period.Includes anecdotes about Asakusa Kannon.
- "GAKEEN MOOK Visiting Buddha statues near Tokyo" Gakken, 2009
- "History of Tsuji, the hometown of the caster" edited by Tsuji Ward History CommitteeShigaRitto TownTsuji Autonomous Region, 1999
- Hiroyuki Itsuki"Hyakuji Journey Vol. 2009" Kodansha Bunko, XNUMX
- List of Japanese temples
- Image list of Japanese temples
- ToganeSaifukuji Temple The old Kannon-do (Nakado in Asakusa) was relocated and still exists in the Edo period.
- Pony tower --The observatory tower (1967-1973) at the parking lot behind the main hall.Initially "Tokyo Space Tower".
- Heisei Nakamuraza --A movable theater with a tent will be set up in the back square of the main hall.
- Sensoji Temple Official Website
- "Sensoji Temple". TripAdvisor.Retrieved January 2020, 4.
- Five-storied pagoda before it was destroyed by air raids Stillfried shooting
- History of Nakamise "Asakusa Bottom Ryuki"Soeda MuseboWritten by Modern Life Co., Ltd., 1930
- Wikimedia Commons There is a category about.