All-you-can-eat breakfast with a cup of coffee !? There was a shocking "morning service"
If you write the contents roughly
The morning service, which was started by the shop mom with the idea of "making customers happy by eating a lot from the morning," became popular, and the shop was a great success from the morning.
All-you-can-eat on one plate for 400 yen !? The morning service at the coffee shop "Blue Night" is 400 yen coffee ... → Continue reading
We will deliver the latest information on programs such as TBS dramas and varieties. Full of useful information introduced in the program!
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Morning service TheJapanglishAnd limited to this termEnglishThere is no, but there is the term breakfast special, which means breakfast menu including the meaning of this item.The morning service in English isキ リ ス ト 教In the morningworshipMeans.
The time zone when the morning service is performed is the business hours indicated as "morning",early morningからNoonUp to near.Depending on the store, when the morning service is provided outside the "morning" hours, even if "morning" is written on the signboard, it is simply a notation of business hours, and there are places where no special service is provided.
There are many places where the service is only for drinks and there is no additional charge.
In the literature, "Kansai University Economics, Vol. 19" (Kansai University Economics, Kansai University,1969) Is the first look. There is a description that "a coffee shop attaches eggs or toast to coffee as a morning-service, which is a common appearance these days."In addition, "Kokugakuin University Institute of Japanese Culture Bulletin Vol. 21-30" (1984), You can see the description that "in the vicinity of Gifu City, there is an old man who always eats breakfast and lunch with friends at a coffee shop every day."
In history,1950For people who gathered in the morning for business talks in Ichinomiya City, Aichi Prefecture, where the textile industry was thriving at that time.The store is peanutsBoiled eggIs the beginning of the local morning serviceThere is a theory that..In addition, the prefectureToyohashiThere is also a theory that the birthplace is.According to the Higashi Mikawa Morning Highway Study GroupToyohashi StationAt a coffee shop called "Kouma" that was in front of meMealsIt originated from the fact that the bread that was served as a product was also offered to customers, and it happened at the same time as Ichinomiya.[Supplement 1]To be..In Aichi Prefecture, it is said that the large number of coffee shop customers and coffee shops has caused commercial competition within the region and created these services (established in Nagoya).Cartoon cafeHowever, the process of its inauguration was similar).
Also, as far as the record remains, the store where the first morning service in Japan was performed isHiroshima city OfTakanobashi Shopping StreetIt is inRuhe Brazil 1955(ShowaIt is said that it started in 30 years).1956As the first of the "three major features of our shop" in the photograph of the shop at that time taken inMorning serviceIt is said that the reason is that there is a signboard with the letters[Supplement 2]..The menu at the beginning of the service is 1 yen per cup of coffee, while the morning service is coffee.Plain bread(Toast) ・ It was 3 yen for a 60-piece set of fried egg.this"Weekly Asahi』Was an article and the morning service spread nationwide.
In addition,Taizo HasegawaWritten by "The First Coffee Shop in Japan" The Father of Brazilian Immigrants "Began-The Story of Cafe Paulista" (2008According to Bunensha), "Yanaze instructed Paulista branches all over Japan to start the" Morning Service, "which is very common in today's coffee shops, and it quickly became popular.Furthermore, it was in the XNUMXth year of the Taisho era that we recruited overseas dispatched students for the coffee business from among our employees and dispatched them to Brazil to study. Is written in TokyoGinzaCoffee shop from Japan inCafe PaulistaIn 1919 (Taisho 8), ordered the morning service to the Paulista branch (Kyobashi, Horidome, Kanda branch, Nagoya branch, Kobe branch, Yokosuka branch, Sendai branch, Kyoto branch, Osaka branch, etc. in central Tokyo). It is written that it started.The Nagoya branch of Cafe Paulista was opened in December 22 (Taisho 1913) in Nagoya City.Minami Otsu Town(CurrentNaka-ku), And the number of visitors per day from 1919 (Taisho 8) to 1920 (Taisho 9) was 1 to 5,000, exceeding the number of visitors to the Ginza main store and other branches. Say it.
Current Aichi prefecture andGifuThen,breakfastStores that offer almost the same amount as drinks, but at the same price as drinks, stores that offer "morning service" at all business hours[Supplement 3]Is also appearing, and the fierce competition is intensifying.
And in recent years, the needs for these morning services have increased socially, and the trend is spreading nationwide.
Morning service needs
When a businessman needs to go out early in the morning on an overnight business trip,rush hourIf you want to avoid the problem and go to work early, or if the worker wants to have breakfast quickly before starting work, restaurants such as the cafeteria are often not open yet (opening is generally from 10 to 11 o'clock).Therefore, there was a need for a morning service where people could easily eat while reading newspapers and magazines (provided in the store) at coffee shops and the like.
Also on weekendsDays OffEtc. at homeHousewifeFor the whole familybreakfastBecause it is difficult or annoying to prepare, the scenery of going to a coffee shop with your family instead of brunch on the weekend isChukyo areaIt is often found in suburban coffee shops.These circumstances are also behind the improvement in the quality and quantity of breakfast services.
Furthermore, as the morning service becomes more widespread, not only coffee shops but also restaurant chains are offering morning services.Many of the family restaurant breakfast services are available before the start of work, as there are many menus where you can eat a sufficient amount for breakfast.Club activitiesIn the time zone before and after the early morning practice中Gao ShengThere are also many stores that are packed with.
On the other hand, on the cafeteria sidekitchenDue to preparations, some stores switch from the regular menu to the morning service menu during the morning hours.
Chukyo areaMany coffee shops in Japan offer breakfast services to customers who order drinks in the morning.In the Chukyo area centered on Nagoya, it is known that the quantity and services are orders of magnitude higher than in other areas.As mentioned in the above section, Nagoya is an area with many coffee shops due to historical background, and service competition involves some food service industries other than coffee shops, and the services provided are also diverse.Generally thick sliced toast,Boiled egg,minisalad(Orfruits) Etc. are provided free of charge or at a low price,all-you-can-eatOrJapaneseAs a service ofUdon,rice ballI also put on.
Due to the fierce competition for services, even stores other than coffee shops sell products called Morning Service or Morning Set against coffee shops when they are open from the morning.In this case, the ingredients used in the main business are also provided,curryIf it's a shop, curryChapatiIf you are a udon shop, you can add udon noodles.
The variety of these morning services in the Chukyo area is too short to list and is often comparable to ordinary meals.There are stores that provide morning service for about an hour after opening, and coffee shops that offer "full-time morning" from morning to evening. "Morning" cannot be caught in the original category of breakfast service. Some stores offer "services".This kind of diversity and service competition is a style that cannot be seen anywhere else in Japan.Nagoya riceIt may be classified as (Coffee shop serviceSee also).
business hotelThen, for example,Toyoko Inn,Super HotelIn the morning, there are places where light meals such as bread and rice balls and coffee are provided free of charge.These are mainly found in highly competitive areas of business hotels.
- ^ Toshiyuki OtakeAccording to page 2014 of 1161959(Showa 34) May.
- ^ A picture of the time when the service started is taken in the official YouTube video of Hiroshima Home Television (around 35 seconds).
- ^ The coffee shop "Lyon" near Nagoya Station holds a sign saying "All day with morning service" and actually offers "Morning" all day long, and people who have visited Nagoya try to experience Nagoya's morning service in the evening. , There are hundreds (400 or more) users a day (NTV "ShuichiInvestigate. Broadcast on April 2012, 4).
- ^ (September 2015, 11). "The Japanese English is completely incomprehensible overseas!" Morning in Nagoya "has a mysterious meaning ...". 東洋 経 済 オ ン ラ イ ン 2016/8/17Browse.
- ^ A treasure trove of B-class gourmet, Higashi Mikawa area near Nagoya AllAbout October 2011, 10
- ^ Eat and compare the morning at the coffee shop Next month at the Ichinomiya ExpoQuoted from "Chunichi Shimbun" delivered on September 2008, 9 (Original linkCache)
- ^ a b c (2) Roots of "Morning" Various theories -Yomiuri Shimbun February 2012, 10
- ^ "Kini Naru! Coffee shop Morning Higashi Mikawa originated !?". Tokai TV Super News. 23 January 2014. Tokai Television Broadcasting. Unknown argument
|city=Is ignored. (Description)
- ^ Higashi Mikawa Morning Highway Study Group. “Why "Morning" in Higashi Mikawa? ?? ??". 2014/1/24Browse.
- ^ Held event (Machinaka area) --Toyohashi Festival official website
- ^ Toshiyuki Otake, "Coffee Shop in Nagoya," Seiunsha, February 2014, 2, p. 28.ISBN 978 4434189609.
- ^ Where did the morning service come from?I went [Hiroshima] NTT DoCoMoEntertainment site "Entertainment Week" viewed March 2018, 3.
- ^ All information introduced in "Tuesday Surprise" (September 2011, 9) --Price.com
- ^ a b [Weekend Cafe Asablanca] Sari Bura: Ruhe Brazil --Hiroshima Home Television YouTube Official October 2013, 10
- ^ A flood of 6 people a day!What's amazing about a miracle coffee shop in Hiroshima?Isn't the origin of Morning Aichi? Business Journal Retrieved March 2018, 3.
- ^ Ruhe Brazil (quoted from "Chugoku Shimbun" delivered on November 2003, 11)(Original linkCache)
- ^ Take a look! Radio car (quoted from "China Broadcasting", July 2006, 7)
- ^ All about Survey by Toshiyuki Otake 
- Ichinomiya Morning An organization in Ichinomiya City that is trying to revitalize the town with morning culture.