Photo A cold food vending machine in front of Fukushin "Kanamecho store" (photo taken by the editorial department)
You can buy authentic char siu for 24 hours!Chinese chain Fukushin's "frozen vending machine" is too happy
If you write the contents roughly
How did this attractive vending machine come about?
Due to the spread of the new coronavirus infection, the chances of eating out have decreased.There are many restaurants that open in a short time, and the work is over ... → Continue reading
J town net
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
vending machine(I'm sorry,British: vending machine) Means that an unspecified number of peoplecurrency(currency) Or by inserting a card etc. that replaces it and paying the price automaticallyProducts(Of goods)BuyTo be able to receive services and servicesmachine.Vending machine(Jihanki) is also abbreviated.ticket,food voucherFor machines that sell tickets such as(Automatic ticket vending machineAlso says.
Vending machines are when you pay money (for example, cash (coins and banknotes))Electronic moneyTouch the card in)push buttonIt is a machine that can purchase goods (articles, information and services) automatically (=without human intervention) by performing operations. If you put in the price and operate the machine, you will receive the goods (in a machine with a mechanism to prepare fishing)changeCan be received.
However,Public telephoneAnd entertainment machines (jukebox,arcade gameMachines, etc.) are generally not included in the category of vending machines (although they provide services unattended and automated).
From the point of view of the seller of the product, it is a machine that sells it automatically. Lack of manpowerPersonnel expensesIt is effective as a measure against soaring,Days Off,NightHas the advantage that.. Vending machineMech robotIt can be said that it is a kind of. From the product buyer's point of view, the vending machine provides the product even on holidays and nights when manned stores are closed.
The oldest vending machine in the world is said to have been the ancient Egyptian holy water vending machine described in Hero of Alexandria's book.The 1615 British vending machine that allows you to buy cigarettes with coins still exists today.In Japan, in 1890, Shuzo Ono and Takashichi Tawaraya each obtained patents for vending machines.
Vending machines can be broadly divided into goods vending machines and vending service machines.
Modern vending machines are generally composed of "money equipment", "instruction equipment", "storage / processing equipment", and "sales equipment".
Most vending machines operate electrically or by the weight of coins or a mechanism operated by the purchaser..
in recent years,Electronic moneyOr at the time of purchasePointSome have the function of adding.Also recentlydisasterSometimes drinkGratisFunctions provided byAutomatic external defibrillator(AED) storage,無線 LANSome have added special features such as the access point function of.
Vending machines consumeelectricitySize,Light pollutionproblem,Minor Ofsmoking,DrinkingImpact ontheftFaced with various problems such as problems, measures have been taken to deal with the problems, and new models that have evolved have been repeatedly introduced.Even nowCashless paymentThe development and introduction of models corresponding to the above are gradually being carried out.
The following coins and banknotes are supported by general vending machines located on the street corners of Japanese cities:
- coin:Five hundred yen coinからTen yen coinCan be used up toFive yen coin,One yen coinCannot be used.
- bill:Beverage-た ば こIn vending machines such asThousand yen billGenerally, only one is supported,Railway stationAt ticket vending machines and vending machines that handle high-priced productsXNUMX yen billMany of them are compatible with all banknotes up to.
First vending machine
The world's first vending machine is a device for selling holy water installed in ancient Egyptian temples... This device had a structure in which, when 5 drachma coins were inserted, the stopper was opened by the weight of the coins and water came out from the faucet... This descriptive illustration isHeron of AlexandriaIn the book "Pneumatika" (the original is lost, but the 1587 manuscript is in the Italian National Library)..However, it is not known whether it was Heron's own invention or a description of his teacher's invention, and the inventor of this device is unknown... Also, it is not clear how widely used the device is..
The United Kingdom
The oldest existing vending machine is1615In a British cigarette vending machine,Japanese cuisine tavernAnd was installed in an inn..It is a mechanism that the lid can be opened and the product can be taken out by inserting a half-pence coin from the coin slot at the top of the box, but after the lid is opened, it is necessary to close it manually, and the innkeeper or servant closes the lid. It wasn't practical because it was closed.
1888Thomas Adams developed a machine to sell his own gum and installed it at the station..Also, the idea of adding gameplay to promote sales to vending machines is1897Small by Pulver Manufacturing CompanyEur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu OfBonusThe attached one was installed. This idea spread as a new mechanism known as the trade stimulator,Slot machine,PinballWill lead to the birth of.
In Japan, it is not a vending machine for goods, but in 1876 (Meiji9 years)Ueno ParkThere is a record that an automatic weight measuring device was installed in the newspaper reading center inside, but the manufacturer and installation period are unknown..
As a vending machine for selling goods,1890(Meiji 23), two patents were granted: a vending machine patent (filed in March 1888, patent No. 3) and a vending machine patent (filed in December 848, patent No. 1888). Patent.. Of these, Takachika Tawaraya made equipments upon request from the post office.Choshu clan(CurrentYamaguchi )ofShimonosekiAs a joiner, and exhibited at the 1890rd National Industrial Expo in 3... The vending machines at Tawaraya have already been equipped with the functions of slag remover (elimination of counterfeit coins) and coin return (return of coins when sold out). there were.. "Automated postage stamps," invented by Tawaraya in 1904 (Meiji 37)postcard"Selling machine" is the oldest existing vending machine in Japan,Communication MuseumThe name of Tawaraya is widely known as the first vending machine inventor in Japan because it is held in the exhibition and the above-mentioned cigarette vending machine was exhibited at the exhibition.
1951 OfAsahi ShimbunThen, as an article by an American correspondent,The New York TimesThe cup-type soft drink vending machine that existed in the office is featured. It has been reported that if you put in a quarter silver coin, four 25 cent bronze coins will come out as change, and that the cup will be set automatically and a fixed amount of soft drink will come out, and it is reported that it is dull at the same time Can be seen that this type of vending machine did not exist or was uncommon.
The number of vending machines installed all over Japan is20st centuryThe inside continues to increase,2000(HeiseiIn 12, it reached a peak of 560 million units.21st centuryAfter entering, it started to decrease,2007At the end of (19)Japan Vending Machine Manufacturers AssociationAccording to a survey of 540 units, 5,300% of which are for beverage sales,2008(20)12At the end, the trend continues with 526 million units.. Sales from vending machines also start at 2000 trillion yen in 72008(20) decreased to 5 billion yen.. The ratio of buyers in Japan is 9: 1 for men.. The highest value of industrial products shipped by vending machines in Japan isMieIs.. The largest number of vending machine productionYokkaichi[Note 1]So, about 12 units are produced annually.
stationThen.KioskIn order to reduce the inconvenience of users after the store is closed, or to reduce labor costs, the kiosk is often replaced with a vending machine. Also in recent yearsSuicaVending machines exclusively for payment of transportation electronic money have also appeared. This contributes to a reduction in machine maintenance costs by eliminating moving parts that handle money..
Vending machines can be roughly classified into goods vending machines and automatic service machines..
Internationally, vending machines are mostly classified as vending machines for goods (847619), vending machines for beverages, other vending machines, and parts (the following are heating or refrigerating functions). It is only classified whether to self-collect).
Is classified very finely, and is classified as a vending machine (58) among vending machines and automatic service machines (581). Vending machines are roughly classified into goods vending machines (5811) and service information vending machines (5812), and further detailed classifications are provided below.
Vending machine for goods
Generally, various containers that have been chilled or warmed (can-bottle-PET bottles・Beverages containing paper packages/cups,Cup noodle,Sweet bread-Confectionery,tobacco,magazine-News (Chinese)Many are easy to save. In special places, grind and extract from beans each time.coffee,Frozen foodBuilt-in (fried rice balls, fried noodles, etc.)microwaveThere is also a vending machine that is warmed up and offered. As for noodles, there is a type in which boiled noodles are boiled and then served with soup. In the case of cup noodles, some are served with hot water and come with chopsticks.
Transportationticket,Limited express ticket,amusement park,Theme parkAdmission tickets, etc.prepaid cardSuch as those that sell products in the form of tickets,Automatic ticket vending machineAlso called.
In recent years, customers have ordered oils and fats such as gasoline at a refueling machine, and they are responsible for all operations up to refueling.gas stationHas increased. Again, the refueling machine itself is a kind of vending machine.
Multilingual ticket vending machine (German railway）
A newspaper vending machine (see the image above) opens the case by inserting coins in the amount of money, so the case is opened manually and a part of the stack of newspapers is grabbed and taken out. The last purchaser takes out the newspaper, as only part of it is set to cover the transparent window of the case from the inside to display one side of the newspaper. After that, it becomes clear that the case is empty. There is no mechanism to prevent fraudulent acts of retrieving multiple copies at once. Since it does not require electricity, there is almost no management cost, and since the vending machine and the product cost are low, it is not affected by theft damage so many are installed on the streets of the city and the main sales channel of newspapers. Has become one of.
Service information vending machine
In the Japanese standard merchandise classification, the vending machine (581) is classified into an article vending machine (5811) and a service information vending machine (5812), and the service information vending machine is a kind of vending machine. There is. Employment information vending machines and PC software vending machines are exemplified in the Japanese standard product classification. The international HS Code does not have such a detailed classification.
- Employment information vending machine
- PC software vending machines-onceSoft vendor TAKERU(Formerly "Takeru"). Blank the software downloaded or read from the built-in optical disc media.Disk media,Rom cassetteI wrote it on and sold it.
Automatic service machine
Like a vending machineTangible thingInstead of providing intangibleServicesEspecially the machines that provideAutomatic service machineCall.. The international HS code is in the category of “Vending machines for goods (for example, for postage stamps, cigarettes, food or beverages, including currency changers)” (8476). Although not distinguished, the Japanese standard product classification separates the vending machine (581) and the automatic service machine (582) from each other.
- Classification of automatic service machines according to Japanese standard product classification (numbers are product codes)
- 5821 automatic money changer
- 5822 Ball and medal rental machines (pachinko-PachislotNo ball/medal lending)
- 5823 automatic lending machine
- 5824 Automatic ticket gate
- 5825 automatic entrance machine
- 5826 Automatic photography machine-ID photo, photo sticker (Print clubSuch)
- 5827 Coin locker
- 5828 Coin laundry
- 5829 Other automatic service machines (,Coin car wash machineSuch)
Fine classification and handling items in Japan
Basically,1990(Heisei 2) Enter according to (partly added) revised in June. In the case of goods, it is divided into food type (food/beverage) and non-food type.
convenience storeAnd open 24 hourssupermarketThe number of items to sell has decreased compared to a year ago due to the increase in the number of stores. Currently, the most common vending machines in Japan areTicket-vending machineAnd drinks/ices in high demand, hard to buy face-to-faceコ ン ド ー ム.
- Food Department
- Those that automatically cook. After noodles and ingredients are put in a container and boiled for refrigerated storage, it is rotated or tilted to drain the hot water, and a new soup stock/soup is added to complete the product, while noodles, ingredients and seasonings are added to the container. There is a type that puts frozen food in hot water and heats it in a microwave oven to complete it.
- microwave,toasterTo cook in
- Bento-Keep the prepared food warm in the vending machine.
- Fried lunch
- Yakiniku lunch
- Fin and cutlet
- Canned food
- Confectionery(Chewing gum-チ ョ コ レ ー ト-Snacks）
- Chicken eggs
- shaved ice(Now disappears)
- ice creamclass
- cotton candy
- Curry and rice
- Cup noodle(Ramen, udon, etc. with water heater)
- Miso Soup Add hot water
- Vegetables-fruitKind (cabbage-onion-Ginseng-Apple-bananaSuch)
- 氷 -Often installed in liquor stores. It is also installed at fishing tackle stores to keep the freshness of live bait up to the fishing spot.
- dry ice - supermarketOften installed in. PurchasedFrozen food,iceUsed to maintain the temperature of.
Beverage vending machine (Kansai University）
Chewing gumVending machine
Cup NoodlesVending machine
Grilled rice ballVending machines such as
Vending machines for local retort curry nationwide (Tokyo/Asakusa）
Fresh vegetable vending machine (Kita-ku, Tokyo）
- Non food and drink
- Cigarette-for purchasetaspoIs necessary. By devising the packaging, with the same machineWriterSome deal with.
- News (Chinese)-magazine-paperback -Newspapers are nicknamed "News-kun," and are electronic rather than manual, which is common in the West. Also,1970 eraToPorn magazine(Vending machine bookThere are many vending machines that handle ), but prohibit obscenity sales in a way that people under 18 can easily purchaseYouth protection and ordinanceRegulations have been established and it has declined.
- stamp-Postcard -It was located at a part of the post office of the collection and delivery office. At the headquarters that oversees the region, there were some that handled fee stamps,2007Completely abolished in July.
- Dry cell
- DVD-CDSoft-not just for sale, but unattendedrental videoThere are also things that handle lending and returning.
- 風 船(Funky Maroon)
- Transparent rocker type-Includes food items that can be stored at room temperature, such as everyday items, underwear, socks, and sweets.
- Capsule toy(Gashapon, Gacha, Gacha)-CapsuleEur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.euEtc.toy.. in recent yearsThousand-yen bill, And random prizes such as toys will appear.1000 yen vending machineThere is also a model called ", which is often installed in game centers and the like.
- Prepaid self-servicegas station -Insert cash or credit card first,regular-High octane-Light oil) Is selected to refuel up to the input amount. The balance comes from a change machine with a built-in refueling machine, one that can be read by a special change payment machine with a barcode printed on the receipt, and the change to bring to the cashier at the employee waiting place. There are 3 types of methods to receive the.
- Cards- Telephone card-Highway cardSuch asprepaid cardKindticketSuch asticketKind.Trading cardsKind (Carddass).
- flower(Flowers)-Temperature and humidity are controlled.
- key ring
- Travel insurance - 空港Seen at. The insurance certificate form will be paid out when the insurance premium is put in, fill in the address and name, and put the part other than the bottom copy in the slot.
- Tissue paper,Toilet Paper - station OfWCIs installed in. A simple pay toilet can be created with a small investment of only purchasing a vending machine.
- Automatic ticket vending machine
- Foreign currency cash (foreign currency exchange)
- Traveler's check(Currency exchange)
- Fishing bait -It is often installed at the eaves of fishing tackle shops. They sell packs of live bait.
- Spa - Hot spring standetc.
- Towel -It is installed at a hot spring facility and a place with free footbath.
- car washDetergent-Coin is installed in the car wash.
- Cosmetics-comb・Shaving equipment-Mainly installed in accommodations and public baths.Hairdressing chargesAre subdivided.
- Single-use camera-the film
- Fri -Exists abroad.
- Business card
- Portable electronic device (Digital music player,Digital camera,video gameSuch)
- Medicines (cold medicine, painkillers, etc.)-Exists overseas.
- Ampoule-Installed at stores such as individual dispensing pharmacies in Japan, it has declined in recent years.
- Sex tool - Love hotelIt is installed in guest rooms such as.
Newspaper vending machine "News-kun" (Mainichi Newspapers(At the emission sales office)
Vending machine for capsule toys (Cosmos）
Unusual vending machine
- The founder of the movieKinetoscopeThere was also a coin-operated one in Japan, but in Japan8 mm filmでmoviesThere was a playground equipment and a vending machine for Glico.
- い く つ か のCrepeSpecialty stores have installed vending machines. However, since it does not last long, it must be replenished and discarded every morning, and it may not be sold on the days when the parent store is closed.
- (I.e.The only canned beer in JapanCase sellingThere are vending machines.
- People's Republic of ChinaNanjingIsShanghai crabThere are vending machines. You can buy live crabs for 1-10 yuan, which is cheaper than the market price. The inside is kept at 50-5℃ to keep the crab fresh, and when replenishing it is checked for dead crabs. Should a dead crab come out, provide 10 live crabs free of charge.
- 2011May 1ToKasumigaseki StationAn apple vending machine was introduced in. It is cut to a size that is easy to eat, and you can choose with or without skin..
- Don QuixoteFor example, there is a store with a vending machine for discriminants that will engrave on the spot if you select a typeface..
- At pachinko and pachislot stores, there were vending machines that used pachinko balls and medals to buy cigarettes and beverages instead of banknotes and coins, but the lending face value has changed since the spread of 1-yen pachinko machines. Due to the frequent use of pachinko balls and medals for purchase, they are rarely used at present except for some privately owned stores.
Declining vending machines
The types of vending machines that have not completely disappeared, but are rapidly disappearing, include the following.
- Liquor vending machine ――Vending machines for alcoholic beverages are the same as cigarettesPurchase / drinking by minorsIn addition to causingDrunk drivingThe number of fatal accidents caused by社会 問題Due to the change, it is currently declining rapidly.You will also need it when purchasing from a cigarette vending machine.TaspoNo special card for liquor vending machines such as..In addition, due to the balance with drunk driving, many of the devices used for adult identification in liquor vending machines are in the form of inserting a driver's license...Most of the places where they are installed are the storefronts of private liquor stores.
- Large-capacity PET bottle handling vending machine ――Many of the vending machines for beverages were filled with large-capacity PET bottled beverages such as 1.5 liters and 2 liters and sold, but they are open 24 hours a day.Convenience store,SupermarketThe rapid increase has made it easier to buy affordable items, and it has declined.Currently, there are only a few left in Shibuya, Tokyo.
- Bottled beverage vending machine ――Before the spread of PET bottles, most of the beverages were in glass bottles, and when you insert coins and select a product, the door is unlocked and the vending machine that takes out the bottled beverage from inside was the mainstream. ..Bottled beverages are sealed with a so-called "crown" lid, which needs to be opened with a bottle opener, so the bottle opener was fixed to the vending machine.Even now, private liquor storesMom-and-pop candy storeAlthough it may be placed at the storefront of the store, it is rare to see it because the stores are closing in recent years, but at major retail storesDon QuixoteIt may be installed in such places.
Sales restrictions and installation restrictions
Some products have restrictions on vending machines. in Japan,tobacco,beerな どAlcoholic beverageFor vending machines of this type, there are restrictions on the sales time and the place of installation. In addition, the paper cup type beverage vending machine,Water supplyIt is directly connected to theHealth centerBusiness license (business of coffee shop) is required. The same applies to water vending machines installed in supermarkets in recent years. For milk and other dairy products, the business license from the public health center (dairy sales business) is still required.
Composition and structure
In the "Dainippon Encyclopedia", the composition of the vending machine isMoney device,Pointing device(Control device),Storage/processing equipment,Vending equipmentIs described as consisting of.
- Money device : A device that discriminates the authenticity of the inserted currency and sorts the denominations, counts the amount, and issues change as necessary. Also referred to as the "heart of a vending machine." It is explained that coins are checked for diameter, thickness, weight, material, etc., and bills are comprehensively discriminated by combining external elements such as vertical and horizontal dimensions with portraits, patterns, watermarks, colors of printing ink, etc. In the case of a card, check the card collation and check the amount.
- Pointing device: When you select a product with the push button, the sales instruction is issued..
- Storage/processing equipment: Storage of products and processing such as cooking if necessary.
- Vending equipment: Receive the sales instruction (from the indicating device) and send the selected product to the "take-out port".
"20 Year History of Vending Machines" explains that the basic functions of vending machines (and the units that carry them) are mainly composed of the following:.
- "Selector(Also called “acceptor” and “accepted coin”) and “Rejector"(Also called "counterfeiting"): Check the authenticity of the coins inserted and determine the type of currency..
- "changer: Sending the coefficient of input coins, sending of sales signals, discharging change, etc..
Structure for delivering products to customers
There are many types depending on the item, and this is not the only vending machine.
Items with a structure in which products fall
- Can and PET bottle beverage vending machines
There is a stock of products on the back of the main unit and product shelves. If you insert a coin and press a button, the electromagnetic coil inside will energize and take out the product. There is also a vending machine with a belt on the bottom that makes it easier to take out items that have been dropped. However, this belt type is a method against the gravitational force that carries an object that has fallen once again to the upper side, so there is a continuous failure from the beginning of development.
Previously, it was necessary to adjust the machine side according to the product to be sold, but recently there is also a non-adjustment mechanism that automatically performs the adjustment. With this method, even if a product is mistakenly introduced, the product is delivered without being jammed, which helps to reduce breakdowns.
In addition, a small plastic bottle container has appeared, and there is a problem that the material of the plastic bottle itself tends to be clogged at the time of loading. However, from the perspective of being able to carry it with the lid on, the demand is still growing rapidly.
Normally, in a vending machine located outdoors, the take-out port is pulled forward. This is a hygiene consideration to prevent ingress of rainwater.
- Bottled beverage vending machine
There are vending machines similar to canned drinks. The mechanism is almost the same as the vending machine for canned drinks, but it has the drawback that it is easily clogged like a PET bottle. Unlike cans, the bottle does not slide sideways, but rather toward the buyer.
- General-purpose vending machine
In the case of vending machines for breads and confectioneries, the front is shaped like a show window, and when you press a switch, a spiral rack that rotates the spiral rack on which the selected product is placed drops the product to the front outlet. There is. There are also buckets that pick up goods and scrape the goods on the conveyor into the bucket. These are highly versatile and are used in addition to breads and confectionery. A unique example is hospitalization.
A structure that pulls out products
- Bottled beverage vending machine
Although it is rarely seen in recent years, there is also a structure in which coins are inserted and the buyer pulls out the stocked bottles. By inserting money, the product that has reached the amount of money can be unlocked and withdrawn. Prior to the spread of canned beverages, this type of beverage vending machine was the mainstream. The bottle opener is fixed on the front of the vending machine,crownIt is a mechanism that the crown comes off by hooking and lowering the bottle by the principle of leverage.In addition, the detached crown is automatically dropped into the crown holder.
In addition, a vending machine with a structure similar to that of the former bottled beverage vending machinehotelYou can see it in the refrigerator. In this case, the post-payment method is adopted. Basically, the stocker of stocked beverages has a switch, and by pulling it out, the switch works. The refrigerator has a communication function, which is detected by the computer of the accommodation facility and settled at checkout. In addition to bottled beverages, we sell a wide variety of beverages such as canned beverages according to the shape of the stocker.
A structure that opens the door and pulls out the product
It is used when selecting products that cannot be given a shock such as dropping, or when selecting various products, or when handling large products.
- Items with products on the disk
The structure is such that the products are arranged on several shelves on a disk and the products are separated from each other by a partition plate. About 1 to 6 products are lined up on one disk, and the products are circulated by pressing the rotation button. When the desired product comes to the front, the release button is released, the door is opened, and the desired product is taken out. It is used to sell side dishes and snacks, potted flowers, etc. in mass cafeterias, drive-ins, student cafeterias, employee cafeterias, and the like.
- Coin locker type
For unmanned sales stands for agricultural products, the front door is made of transparent resin.Coin lockerSet up a cabinet like this, put products (vegetables, fruits, eggs, etc.) inside and "pay and lock the usage fee" The idea is to reverse the idea of coin lockers, "collect goods by paying the price" fee collection Taking the method. However, it is not possible to confirm the freshness of the product by hand before payment.
Point addition function
- 1998 (End)Dy Drinco Magnetic card OfPoint Card[Reliability required verification] 
- 2012 Kirin Beverage T point
- 2012 JR East Water Business SuicaPoint "JRE POINT'
- 2014 With a vending machinecommunicationHave a functionSmartphone app""
- 2016 DyDo DRINCO is a smartphone app "Smile STAND'
- 2016 Japan Coca-ColaIs a smartphone app ""
- 2016 Suntory Beverage InternationalIs using the smartphone app "Suntory GREEN +"
- 2016 Meitetsu industry sense of OfMustar Point
- 2017 With Kirin Beverage vending machine companyLINEIs a drink point
- 2017 AEON Delight WAONElectronic money
Disaster / emergency response
In the event of a disasterCookingAs a kind of the above, the introduction of a free bend function that can provide drinks in vending machines free of charge has started. This is in the areadisasterPerson who goes home on foot, etc. when the situation arises based on the agreement between the local government and the installation company (→People who have difficulty returning home) AndWater outageBy etc.Drinking waterIt meets the urgent needs of the local residents who have been cut off, and the internal beverage can be provided free of charge by switching the internal switch manually, remotely or automatically... InsideElectronic bulletin boardThere is also a type that has been installed, it is possible to change the message via the Internet line, so that information can be provided in the event of a disaster.. Regarding the method of offering products, unlike normal sales, the product is only released by pressing a button without throwing money, basically,power failureIn this case, since the vending machine itself does not operate, it is difficult to provide the beverage.
However, the products in the vending machine stopped due to such a power outage may be provided to the victims by the favor of the maintenance company and the store side.Nankai Electric RailwayIs 2007May 9Among the vending machines managed by the company,Namba CITYIn addition to installing 13 units with a free-bending function, the company announced that it will provide a total of about 1 beverages in stock at each store as a product in the event of a disaster...Also, as a free bend compatible model for installation in facilities other than facilities with private power generation equipment,batteryThere is also a vending machine that has an internal power supply, and when the external power supply is cut off, the beverage that consumes a lot of power is cooled and kept warm, the display lighting is stopped, and only the beverage serving function is operated..
Since January 2005, a sticker with the address of the installation location has been affixed to beverage vending machines.This does not necessarily know where the caller is in an emergency, so the purpose is to convey the current location.National Firefighting CommissionStarted by asking the vending machine industry to "display the address of the vending machine".
Automatic external defibrillator
Automatic external defibrillator The number of vending machines equipped with (AED) is also increasing.
Wireless LAN access point
Public wireless LAN access pointThe number of vending machines equipped with is increasing.Aichi ExpoHas been tested in and is named Free Mobile.Asahi BeverageWe are recommending the installation of a wireless router in the vending machine.
Problems and countermeasures
Beverage vending machines consume a large amount of power and require as much power as a single household.Energy ConservationSince there is a problem from the perspective of, energy efficiency improvements are being continued.
Light pollutionProblems andLandscapeThe negative impact on In the vending machine for a specific product, the design tends to be elaborate in terms of color and form because it also serves as an advertisement of the product, but this design may spoil the landscape. For this reason, there are vending machines that take the landscape into consideration, and in some cases they are designed to be inconspicuous when installed.
The vending machine may be installed outside the private land on a road that is a public land, which may obstruct traffic. In response to this, installers have responded to this and device manufacturers have also developed and introduced thin vending machines.
Beverage vending machines have a problem that empty cans are scattered around. It is very important to improve the user's morals along with the installation and management of empty can collection boxes.
Sales of cigarettes by vending machines are regulated in almost all countries except Japan and Germany.As for liquor, it is almost only found in Japan that it is sold at vending machines in the world..
In Japan, cigarettes,beerな どAlcoholic beverageThere are restrictions on the sales time and installation location of various types of vending machines. Tobacco and alcoholic beverage vending machinesNational Tax AgencyAuthorization and license are required,Adult identification vending machineFor vending machines other thanvoluntary restraintsIt has been on sale from 23:5 to XNUMX:XNUMX the next morning, and at the level of municipalities and prefectures.MunicipalitiesThe regulations often place restrictions on the installation location and sales time.
アルコール飲料の自動販売機の場合、成人識別自動販売機以外の自販機については、深夜から翌朝の間の販売停止については罰則がある。タバコの自動販売機は2008年7月以降、全部成人識別自動販売機となったことで、1996年4月1日より行っていた屋外設置のたばこ自動販売機の深夜（午後11時から午前5時まで）稼働自主規制について、2008年8月1日から解除された.. In addition, when the sale was stopped, all the push buttons were in the lit state of "".
Proposal was made to prohibit the installation of cigarette vending machines.. To address these issues, JapanWHOCigarette vending machines have been criticized by name since 2008CorporationJapan Tobacco Association(TIOJ) and otherstaspobyAdult identification vending machineThe introduction of. However, there is also the possibility of borrowing or lending the card or using it without permission. The effect of the card has been questioned because the number of guidances decreased and increased in Tanegashima, which was introduced experimentally.
For cigarette vending machines,Local tax lawAbove is from the installerJapanese tobacco industryAnd its affiliates receive orders and the location of the installer (whether a store or vending machine)MunicipalitiesAgainstMunicipal tobacco taxIs to be paid. about this,OsakaIzumisanoSome local governments,CompanyAttractionOrdinanceBased on the above, a vending machine installer handled documents that were sold in large quantities in another municipality], and manipulated documents as if ordering from a cigarette vending machine provided in only one administrative area, and received a large amount of tax revenue. It turns out. It is also known that the local government pays incentives to the traders in return. According to local tax law, there are no penalties for this kind of document manipulation,Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsSays, "It deviates from the purpose of the local tax law," and wants to conduct a fact-finding survey..
When vending machines became popular, we targeted themtheftAlso appeared. Psychological barriers to theft of vending machines are low because the victim cannot see the victim's face. Theft is divided into intelligent theft that causes the machine to misidentify and violent theft that destroys the machine.
1990 eraIn the first half, even the tricks of stealing coins appeared by misusing the high frequency of a self-defense stun gun and causing the coin sorter inside the vending machine to malfunction. Currently, measures are being taken and it is impossible. In addition, various attack methods have been tried such as putting a detergent through a coin insertion slot to damage the internal circuit.
In addition, South Korea500ウ ォ ンFalsified coins500 Yen coinAbuse as事件One after another, 500 yen coinsForced to recast.. A 500 won coin, which was about one-tenth the value of a 10 yen coin at the time (issue date:1982May 6) Is a 500 yen coin (issue date: 1982May 4) Is only about 0.5g heavier, and the mixing ratio and outer diameter of the raw materials were the same. Therefore, if you adjust the weight by making holes or scraping the surface to the extent that it does not penetrate, the vending machine mistakenly recognized it as 500 yen. In the case of banknotes, it is not possible to insert banknotes to reduce crimeBill validatorIs installed.
For mechanical destruction, physical measures such as installing a sturdy key and door may be taken. This is only a time consuming task until it is completely destroyed, and in the meantime, the expectation is that the crime will be detected or the crime will be abandoned. In addition, at presentMobile phone-PHS-無線 LANThere is also one that has the function of managing inventory information and making an emergency call for the destruction of machines using. To prevent such criminal activity, vending machines are usually installed in places where people can see. Exceptionally, outdoor installations are widespread in Japan, which is one of the characteristics of Japan's landscape.
From around the 2000s, some electronic prepaid cards, and vending machines (also from around the 2010s) that only accept cashless payments on mobile phones have been installed. These also have the side effect of making it harder for thieves to get targeted by not putting money inside the vending machine. However, the cashless payment method itself is still in a hurry to spread, and at the present time, it has a demerit to drop customers who have only small change.
On the other hand,2010From around the end of the generation, theft of new tricks to steal change by giving a shock to the machine and causing the equipment to malfunction has become one after another..
Supporting various payments and cashless
(Although it also serves as a measure against theft for cash) From around the 2010s, as a payment method other than cash and credit cardMobile phone,FeliCaPayment method usingCmodeAndEdy-SuicaElectronic money, such asiD,PiTaPaSuch asPost payThere is also a vending machine that pays at. Especiallyliqueur,tobaccoIn the vending machine ofElectronic moneyThe exclusive use also has the effect of preventing sales to children under the age of 20.
In China in the latter half of the 2010s, vending machines (not only manned sales)CashlessThe number of vending machines that do not accept cash has increased.
Electronic moneyVending machines that accept payment
bluetoothSmartphone vending machine to connect with
In addition to the above crimes, there have also been murder cases in the past in which bottled beverages in which the contents of sold products were replaced with poisonous substances were taken out and left in the mouth.
- Fuji Electric -Originally, the subsidiary Fuji Electric Retail Systems (former Fuji Electric Cold Machine) was in charge, but it was merged and directly managed.Sanyo ElectricVending Machines Division (formerly Sanyo Electric Vending Machines) was acquired and made a subsidiary (Fukiage Fuji Vending Machines), and then integrated into the former Retail Systems. In addition, the business withdrew at the end of 2017KubotaAfter-sales service and succession of overseas manufacturing subsidiary.. No. 1 in the industry.
- Sanden -Acquired the cup machine business of former Toshiba equipment. Independent.
- Panasonic Industrial Equipment Systems - Panasonicsubsidiary.The organization is under the umbrella of Panasonic Appliances Company. Withdrew from manufacturing in December 2020.
- -Former vending machine department of Shibaura Works,Shibaura MechatronicsSubsidiary of. Also of Toshiba seriesToshiba equipmentIs disbanded.
- Glory -Old Glory Industry. Merged with sales subsidiary Glory Trading Co., Ltd. and renamed it.
- NEC Magnus Communications - Former Toyo Communication EquipmentOf the vending machine departmentNets S eye ToyoAbsorbed and merged.NEC Group(NEC Nets SIIsubsidiary).
- ^ No. 1 in Japan for beverage vending machinesFuji ElectricThere is a Mie factory, which is the manufacturing base of (vending machines and other various electric appliances for foods).
- ^ recent years[When?] TheDriver's licenseIt is equipped with a function that requires proof that you are over 20 years old, such as by holding down.
- ^ Kurosaki (2012), p. 1.
- ^ Design classification definition card (J5) Patent Office
- ^ a b c d e f g h Shogakukan "Venue of Vending Machine", "Encyclopedia of Japan". Written by Sado Victory.
- ^ (PDF) Daito Corporation
- ^ a b c d e 20 Year History of Vending Machines (1983), p. 20.
- ^ a b c d Yoshihiro Higuchi. “Technology systematization survey report "Beverage vending machine technology development systematization survey"”. Industrial Technology History Information Center. 2021/1/28Browse.
- ^ a b c 20 Year History of Vending Machines (1983), p. 19.
- ^ 20 Year History of Vending Machines (1983), p. 26.
- ^ a b Manufacturing that will be passed on to the next generation Part 2 – Creativity that created “automatic” Yamazaki Mazak, viewed May 2017, 5
- ^ 20 Year History of Vending Machines (1983), p. 21.
- ^ 20 Year History of Vending Machines (1983), p. 22.
- ^ 20 Year History of Vending Machines (1983), p. 23.
- ^ "America, this is the story of robot vending machines. The dullness of coin change civilization." "Asahi Shimbun" October 26, 10, 21rd page
- ^ 20 Year History of Vending Machines (1983), p. 5.
- ^ 2 National Life White Paper A rich society friendly to people Part II Technology and Life
- ^ a b c I can't sell even 100 yen anymore... Is there a way out for the vending machine depression? 1 / 2 Business Media Makoto 2009/11/19
- ^ Kanagi (2014), p. 150.
- ^ Cheap cash vending machine "Cash Refusal" JR Higashi is slumping Nihon Keizai Shimbun January 2015, 8
- ^ "(PDF)”. Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsStatistics Bureau (June 1990). 2013/9/16Browse.
- ^ Available on iPod and vending machines -ITmedia News, October 2005, 10
- ^ Narinari dot com. "The world is paying attention to the “Shanghai Crab Vending Machine”, and the Japanese news video introduced is also a hot topic.". 2010/10/26Browse.
- ^ FNN News: Japan's First Cut Apple Vending Machine Appears at Kasumigaseki Station in Tokyo
- ^ An authentic stamp with a vending machine Every day jp Retrieved September 2013, 9.
- ^ Some liquor vending machines are equipped with a function that allows adults to be identified by Taspo.
- ^ Some models have a function to record in detail when, where, who bought what liquor.
- ^ a b c 20 Year History of Vending Machines (1983), p. 127.
- ^ About the transition of "CLUB DYDO" points to "DyDo Smile STAND"(2017.1.31 Dy Drinco)
- ^ CLUB DYDO ｜ DyDo DRINCO
- ^ Deploying "T point vending machines" that collect "T points"(2011.11.28 Kirin Beverage）
- ^ You can also earn Suica points at Matinaka's Suica beverage vending machines!(2012.9.24 JR East Water Business PR TIMES)
- ^ [https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000001.000011877.html You can get a gift with the points you have accumulated! "World's First" Smartphone App and Beverage Vending Machine Collaboration "TenTen Point" Campaign Starts Only in Osaka from Saturday, November 11th] (15 /PR TIMES)
- ^ With a vending machine that connects you, "I look forward to tomorrow every day." DyDo introduces a new service, "Smile STAND"!(2016.3.30 Dy Drinco)
- ^ [Announcement of new digital marketing platform "Coke ON"] (2016.4.7 Japan Coca-Cola)
- ^ First in the industry!Developed "Suntory GREEN +", a point service that links vending machines and smartphones to support corporate "health management"(2016.7.26 Suntory Beverage International)
- ^ Beverage vending machine in Meitetsu Nagoya Station ★ Start of granting Mustar points ★(2016.9.1 Meitetsu industry)
- ^ A new vending machine service "Tappiness" utilizing "LINE" will be launched in the spring of 17!(2017.1.19,LINE Corporation）
- ^ WAON point service started at beverage vending machines "XNUMX point present for each bottle" (2017.9.1 AEON Delight)
- ^ a b When switching to a "disaster response" vending machine Excite News 2008/10/21
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ Japan Vending System Manufacturers Association "Safety Measures"
- ^ Address display sticker on the vending machine.How did you go about it?When has it been posted again?
- ^ What happens when a vending machine becomes a wireless LAN spot? ITmedia Lifestyle 2004/05/31
- ^ [Scope] Looking at a vending machine / For crime suppression in Adachi Ward Built-in camera Clear facial expression even at midnight"Nihon Keizai Shimbun" evening edition December 2018, 8 (social aspect) September 27, 2018 reading.
- ^ Maloney, Maggie (October 2019, 10). “Moet & Chandon vending machines are now available in NY!”(Japanese). Harper's BAZAAR. 2021/1/24Browse.
- ^ About "Release of Tobacco Vending Machines Installed Outdoors at Night", National Federation of Tobacco Sales Cooperatives
- ^ (PDF) Science Council of Japan March 2008, 3
- ^ Izumisano City, Osaka One cigarette vending machine with tax revenue of 1 billion yen. Sankei Shimbun March 2009, 11
- ^ Cigarette tax revenue, 1 billion yen for one vending machine Asahi Shimbun November 2009, 11
- ^ [Original] Vending machine trolls, new tricks... XNUMX cities, malfunctions due to shock Steal change Yomiuri Shimbun May 2019, 12
- ^ Notice Regarding Withdrawal from Vending Machine Business(Kubota Co., Ltd. September 2017, 9, browsed September 12, 2017)
- Yuka Kanaki (Author) "There is Mie" Black tea mackerel tiger (illustration),TO Books, August 2014, 10.OCLC 892332455.ISBN-4 86472-300-1,ISBN 978-4-86472-300-8.
- Taka Kurosaki (cf.' Webcat Plus) “Vending Machines-World-wide Dissemination and Technology”Nippon Food Newspaper, February 2012.OCLC 785068367.ISBN-4 88927-226-7,ISBN 978-4-88927-226-0.
- Eagle's nest force"Cultural history of vending machines"Shueisha〈Shueisha new book 0187>, July 2003, 3.OCLC 674895882.ISBN-4 08-720187-2,ISBN 978-4-08-720187-1.
- Japan Vending Machine Manufacturers Association "20 Year History of Vending Machines" Japan Vending Machine Manufacturers Association (currentlyJapan Vending System Machinery Manufacturers Association), September 1983, 12.ASIN B000J73P10.National bibliographic number:84058251.
- No store sales
- Gashapon(Gacha Gachapon)
- Vending machine book
- Automatic teller machine(ATM)
- Public phone
- Sequence control
- Auto restaurant
- Vending machine adjustment technician
- Electronic money
- Automatic Super Delice(ASD, vending machine convenience store, unmanned convenience store)
- Sanyutei Koyuzo
- "LolThere is a thing called "Picking up coins under vending machine" in the article.
- Times to challenge 1000 yen vending machines are broadcast irregularly.
- Just try the 1000 yen vending machinecornerExists.
- "Japan Vending Machine Security Maintenance Association". Official websiteJapan Vending Machine Security Maintenance Association. 2020/5/16Browse.
- "Japan Vending System Machinery Manufacturers Association". Official website. Japan Vending System Machinery Manufacturers Association(JVMA, former Japan Vending Machine Manufacturers Association). 2020/5/16Browse.