[New store information] Indian restaurant "PARADISE FOOD HOUSE" opens in Sanjomachi!
If you write the contents roughly
Indian food menu includes biryani, kebab, curry, naan, lassi and more.
"PARADISE FOOD HOUSE" will be born in Sanjomachi, Aoba-ku, Sendai.Indian food and Japanese food ... → Continue reading
Sendai Minami Tsushin
Local media in Sendai and Sennan. The couple is actually experiencing and sending out real information.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Indian cuisine(Indian Ryori)French cuisine-Italian food-Chinese food-Japanese cuisineIt is one of the world-famous cooking styles along with.One of the features is variousspices,HerbsIs to be used a lot,IndiaIs vast, and there are many variations depending on the region, ethnicity, religion, hierarchy, etc.
Classification by region
North Indian food
North IndiaThe food is(I.e.,アフガニスタンな どMiddle EastStrongly influenced by the food culture ofNan (Hindi: नान),Chapati (Hindi: चपाती),Rorty (Hindi: bread) As a staple foodmilk,Dahee(Hindi: curd:Yogurt),Panille(Hindi: पनीर: Fresh cheese),Ghee(Hindi: घी: Clarified butter) and other dairy products as spicescumin,coriander,cinnamon,cardamomAnd these were mixedGaram masalaAnd so on.RiceIs fragrantBath MattySeeds are preferred.Murgu TandooriSuch,TandourThe cooking method using is also one of the characteristics of North Indian cuisine.
South Indian food
South IndiaRice is the staple food of the dish, rather than dairy productsCoconut milk (Hindi: नारियल का रस) Is used a lot.Also spices are from North Indiacumin (Hindi: ज़ीला) Instead ofBlack mustard(Hindi: सरसों) Seeds and curry leaves (Curry treeLeaves) are preferred.OilGheethanMustard oil,Sesame OilIs often used.vegetarianVegetables and beans are well-developed because there are many dishes, but there are also many dishes that use fish.Long grain species in North IndiaIndica species) Is used, while South Indian rice is round and looksJaponica seedsIt's similar to.However, the stickiness is low, and the rice cooking method with less stickiness is preferred.The food is relatively light because it uses less fat and oil than North India.Lunch (Meals) isbananaUse the leaves as a plate, rice,Sambar,Latham,Yogurt,Achar,ChutneyAnd so on, mix by hand and eat.
to East MalaysiaIndia OfBengalandバングラデシュThe food that is eaten at.Fennel seed,Seeds,Fenugreek, Black mustard seeds,cuminCombinedPanch phoronIn addition to using the spice that is often used for flavoring, it is white.PoppiesOften the fruit (posto)BraisedCookingChutneyIt is characterized by being used for such purposes.Freshwater fish ThecasteIt is very popular regardless of (jhol)SoupOr,Dar(Small grains that have been peeled and split in twobeansStew with kind).Other specialties include the bitter-tasting simmered vegetables "" (shukto) or "shukta"ChhenaConfectionery using (छेना, chhena) (Cham Cham /Bengali language: চম চম, Rasgulla /Bengali language: রসগোল্লা, Chandesh /Bengali language: সন্দেশ Others) and so on.
Goa CatholicThe food of the former suzerainPortuguese foodIs strongly influenced by.Unusual in India豚 肉Is flourishingLinguiçaYou can also eat.Meat is one of Goa's famous dishesvinegarとgarlicStewed inVindaloo(Vindaloo),chicken,LambStewed dishShakti(Xacuti), of pigs and sheepHoldStewed (sarapatel),drumMoldedBread, Poee,cakeとpuddingDessert like the middle ofBevinka(Bebinka) and so on.
Vegetarian and non-vegetarian
Because of the commandmentsHinduTop ofcastePeopleJainism OfVegetarianThe food for is well developed from ancient times.Besides,Hinduism,Buddhism,Jainism,SikhismThere are many religions that eat vegetarian food.Eid al-Adhaな どmeatConsumption occupies an important position in religious ritualsIslamThen.CarnivoreIs affirmed.Also,SlaughterDalit involved in the business (Untouchable people) Society has a long tradition of incorporating meat into its diet.In this way, Indian vegetarian and non-vegetarian traditions are closely related to religion and caste, and in the cityRestaurantsThe vegetarian and non-vegetarian seats are clearly separated, and they will not be present.
In Indian vegetarian food, fatgelatinWithout using any animal meat or ingredients made from animals, includingeggDo not use.But obtained without damaging the animalDairy productsIs commonly used, and most Indian vegetarians are vegetarians (lactovegetarians).In addition, various beans, grains,nutNo carnivorous food is required nutritionally because it is also used.Hinduism,SikhismThe sacrament served free of charge to worshipers at the temple is a vegetarian dish.
The most devout believers in Jain eat only leaves, stems and beans, even plants.carrot (Hindi: ग़ाजल) AndRadish (Hindi: मूली),garlic (Hindi: garlic),onion (Hindi: प्याज़),potatoDo not eat the root part such as.One of the reasons for this is "to not kill creatures such as insects in the soil."Furthermore, from the idea that "that part corresponds to the" body "", that is, the idea that it leads to killing the main body part instead of the branches and leaves, it is by avoiding killing even plants as much as possible.SimilarlyBeeGreat risk of killinghoneyI don't even take it.Onions, garlic, etc.Five 葷The habit of avoiding ingestionBrahminIt can also be seen in.on the other hand,West Bengal,AssamThe vegetarians in East India are often pescutarians who also eat fish.
There are many types of non-vegetarian dishes,Central AsiaからMuslimMany have been conveyed by the conquerors of.According to the law, all Hindus牛Not eaten as holy, all MuslimsDream PorkGenerally, they are not used because they are not eaten as dirty.chicken,Lamb,Goat meat,seafoodAre the main ingredients for non-vegetarian dishes.The most commonly eaten meat is relatively cheapgoatMeat, in IndiaMuttonThere is a convention that is translated into EnglishsheepIt's not meat.Chicken is relatively expensive.Meat consumption is increasing as the income of the Indian people increases.
"Curry" and Indian food
The word "curry" ("curry") in India is a loan word.For IndiansSpicesThere are many stewed dishes using, and each is called by the name of each dish.SpicesAll Indian dishes that make heavy use of food are called "curry".Japanese cuisineIn other words, it is a rough name that calls all side dishes using soy sauce with the same name.Of curryEtymologyThere are various theories,TamilThe theory that "kaRi" means "meal" is influential.
People who are familiar with such situations may say, "There is no'curry'in India."However, in the Great OneThe United KingdomBut some Indian food is called curryBritish foodIt is also a fact that it has spread all over the world by incorporating it into.Indians themselves have come to use the word "curry" to explain it to people in countries other than India in an easy-to-understand manner, and the menu says "ingredients + curry" at Indian restaurants inside and outside India. There are many examples of doing so.For exampleLars Behari BoseWas the person who introduced the authentic "Indian curry" as different from the original Indian curry at that time, but did not say "the name curry is wrong".
Curry powderIs also an invention by an Englishman (see the relevant item for details).There is another spice compound in South India, which is sometimes translated into English as "curry powder", but the taste and ingredients are different.
"Pure" and "Unclean"
The general Indian sense is that the right hand is "purified" and the left hand is "unclean".Therefore, only the right hand that has been washed clean can directly touch the food during meals, and because it is unclear whether it is really clean or not to enjoy the texture of the cooked ingredients, spoons, forks, knives, etc. I basically hate using it.The left hand is also used for processing when the toilet is used, so it is limited to touching the outside of a plate or a glass of water at best.In the traditional method, instead of using a spoon, you can either tear the bread directly with your right hand and soak it in the soup, or mix the rice with the soup and bring it to your mouth.At that time, it is more elegant to use the second joint of the fingertips up to the thumb, index finger, and middle finger.However, urban people who are accustomed to Western customs tend to be comfortable with using spoons and knives.Also, if you have to use both hands, such as when peeling a boiled egg, you may use both hands.[Needs verification].
The sense of cleanliness and uncleanness is also thorough, and it is a characteristic of Indian cuisine that many dishes are fried or stir-fried.This is based on the idea that cooking with oil purifies food.Also, the reason why metal tableware is preferred over porcelain and pottery is that the latter is cleaner than the former made of soil.Foods that others have modified are considered to be tainted.
Furthermore, in Hinduism, the concepts of "purity" and "impure" are traditionally linked to the concept of caste.Water and watery foods touched by people belonging to the lower caste are considered to be contaminated, and in the past, people belonging to the higher caste and people belonging to the lower caste should not eat at the same seat, but hand over water. Even was repelled.Traditionally for professional cooksBrahminMany people come from Japan, and the custom of bringing homemade bento boxes for vacations and travel is deep-rooted, and the family-made bento boxes are delivered to the workplace.DabbawalaIt is for this reason that the industry is established.Only in recent years by Dalit womenCateringAlthough there are examples of successful businesses, food discrimination is still reported today, when caste discrimination has become illegal..
Ingredients and dishes
Ingredients for Indian food
- Curry leaf (Hindi: कढ़ी पत्ता Curry Putter)-Leaves of Curry Tree.Stir-fried with spices, mainly in South India, to flavor dishes.
- Drumstick tree (Tamil: முருங்கை Murunkay) --Scientific nameMoringa oleifera..Fruits are used as fruit vegetables as ingredients for sambar and rasam.
- Tamarind (Hindi: tamarind Imree) --- Melt the pulp in boiling water to make sweet and sour chutney.It is also used to sour sambar and rasam.
- Cluster beans --Also known as guar beans.Use young pods for vegetable dishes such as sabji.
- Vigna mungolia(Hindi: उड़द दाल Urad) -Remove the skin and divide it in half to make a dal, and with riceDosaIt is also the main ingredient of the dough.
- Pearl millet(Hindi: बाजरा Vergeler) --Mill the seeds to make bread such as roti.Haryana,Gujarat,Rajasthan,Madhya PradeshIt is often eaten in.
- pomegranate(Hindi: अनार Annales)-Dried grains are Annales Darner (Annales)Hindi: अनार दाना), Stewed dishesChutney, Add to Garam Masala.
- Red peppers - Nineteenth centurynew worldA relatively new spice that was introduced to the Eurasian continent in Europe after its discovery and was introduced via the United Kingdom during the colonial era of the British East India Company.It was not used in earlier Indian cuisine.
- - Sun showIt is a genus and is used because it has a spicy taste and aroma like Japanese pepper.ネ パ ー ル-In the area around North IndiaRed peppersIt was mainly used as a spicy food before it was introduced.
- ginger/Galangal --Used to add spiciness and flavor.
- Long pepper - Deccan PlateauIn the areaRed peppersIt was mainly used as a spicy food before it was introduced.
- Fenugreek(Hindi: Fenugreek Mate)-Use seeds as spices and leaves as leafy vegetables.
- Adan(Hindi: केवड़ा Kewra) -Make a fragrance (essence) from flowers and use it to flavor sweets.
- (British: besan,Hindi: बेसन) - ChickpeaGround powder.PakoraUsed for clothes and desserts.
- Masala(Hindi: मसाला) --A general term for mixed spices.Flavored vegetables such as ginger and garlic may be added.
- Garam masala(Hindi: गरम मसाला)- cinnamon,cloves,nutmegMainly, to thiscumin,cardamom,pepperCombined spices with such ingredients.Mainly used in North India.
- Chhena (Hindi: छेना) --Acid milk protein (Lemonjuice,limeJuice,wheyCoagulated with),fermentationDon't let meFresh cheese..It is mainly used as a material for confectionery.
- Panille --ChennertofuIt is compacted into a shape.There are many vegetarian dishes made with paneer.
- Dahee (Hindi: curd) --Made in IndiaYogurtA kind of."Card" in the field (English: curd) Is often expressed.Besides eating it as a side dish,Russie, Used for stewed dishes.
- Ghee (ghee, Hindi: घी) --Heat butter over low heat to remove sugarCaramelizationAnd strained only milk fatClarified butterA kind of.With waterproteinBecause it is removed, it does not easily rot even in hot regions, and the unique aroma of caramelization is preferred.In addition to being used as cooking oil, it is often eaten with bread or melted and sprinkled over rice.
- Malai(Malai)-IndiaClotted cream..Used for stewed dishes and desserts.
- Bombay duck --Fresh fish should be battered, and dried fish should be stewed or pickled.
- Chapati (Hindi: चपाती)-"Arter (Hindi: आटा) ”wheat OfWhole grainUnfermented lightly baked bread made with.It's brown and flat.It is the most popular staple food in North India.
- pulley (Hindi: पूरी) --Fried chapati.Freshly fried is inflated like a balloon.
- Bhatoora (Hindi: भटूरा) --The point of frying is the same as the pulley mentioned above, but it is pearled.Wheat flourThe difference is that it is made from curd, kneaded with curd and butter, and left to rest for a certain period of time.Especially in North IndiaChana masalaEat with (Punjab-style chickpea stew) "Chole bhature (Hindi: छोले भटूरे)"ButbreakfastPopular as an open-air snack for.
- Nan (Hindi: नान / Urdu: Nan) --Bread made from fermented wheat flour dough baked into leaves.The official tandoor naan is baked in a kiln called tandoor, but it can also be baked in the oven.
- Rorty (Hindi: bread) --In a broad sense, it is a general term for Indian breads.However, the same name refers to various types of bread depending on the region.In most cases, it is made by baking the same dough as naan into a disk shape.
- Parator (Hindi: पराठा) --Chapati dough is spread, oiled, and folded repeatedly to knead the oil into layers, spread it thinly, and bake it.Sometimes crushed potatoes and cauliflower are sandwiched or kneaded before baking.Also known as paratha or parrota.
Chapati(Upper right isIndica rice）
- Chawal (Hindi: चावल) --White rice cooked with salt and oilfood..The varieties that are originally less sticky are boiled and spilled, so they are very light.
- Saffron rice (Hindi: केसरिया चावल) - Λ 繝 ΛRice cooked with and dyed in bright yellow.It is eaten locally during celebrations.
- Prao (Hindi: पुलाव) --Seasoned cooked rice.pilafEtymology.Like white rice, it is mixed with soup and stir-fry.
- Biryani (Hindi: बिर्यानी / Urdu: biryani) --Takikomi gohan with lots of ingredients.You may eat this alone without mixing it with the juice.JapaneseRed riceA dish to eat at each celebration, like nuts,Dried fruit, Colorants,rosePetals, varq, Urdu: ورق) Can be eatenGold leaf,SilverBeautifully decorate with foil.In North IndiaBath MattySeed rice is preferred.
- Ideapa(Tamil: I) --South IndiaRice noodles.
- Achar (Hindi: अचार) --Bluemango,ジ ャ ッ ク フ ル ー ツ,Red peppers,LemonEtc. were soaked in spices and oilpickles.
- Chutney (Hindi: चटनी) --A sauce-like seasoning made from fruits and herbs.
- Sambar (Hindi: संबार / Tamil: சாம்பார்) - Kimame (Hindi: मसूल) And various vegetables simmered with spices.It is often eaten in South India.In Japan, it's like miso soup.
- Latham (Hindi: रस्सम / Tamil: ரசம்) --South IndiaTomatoAnd tamarind-based spicy and sour soup.
- Saag (Hindi: साग) - SpinachA dish of stewed green vegetables.Normalpotato, Paneer, meat, etc.
- Subji (Hindi: सब्ज़ी / Urdu: Vegetables)-A dish of steamed and stir-fried vegetables in oil scented with spices.
- Dar (Hindi: दाल) --Peeled and ground small beans, and their stew.
- Chorba (Hindi: शोरबा / Urdu: Гوربہ)- Soup..It may contain meat.
- Begni(Bengali language: বেগুনী)- eggplantToBesan(Gram flower)clothesWithoilでFried food.
- Tanduri Murgu (tandūri murgh, Hindi: तंदूरी चिकन / Urdu: تندورق مرغ) --Spice chicken with bones,Yogurt,saltEtcMarinatedA savory chicken dish baked in tandoor.At the restaurant, for garnish,mintFlavored yogurt and onion slices are often served.
- Murgu Tikka (मुर्ग़ टिक्का) --Boneless chicken marinated, skewered and baked in tandoor.With tomatoescreamChicken tikka masala is stewed in a sauce based on.
- Seek kebab (Hindi: सीख़ कबाब / Urdu: سقخ کباب) --Skewered mutton and goat meat.
- Kofta (Hindi: कोफ़्ता / Urdu: کوفتہ)-Spicymeatball..There is also a vegetarian kofta made from vegetables, nuts and chainers.
- Colma (Hindi: क़ोरमा / Urdu: قورمہ)-A dish of meat stewed in cream and nut sauce.There is also a vegetarian korma that uses vegetables instead of meat.KashmirVarious stewed dishes in rural areas.
- Keema (Hindi: क़ीमा / Urdu: قXNUMX مہ)- Minced meatStir-fried and stewed dishes.
- Haleem (Urdu: حلقم م)-A stewed dish made from meat, wheat, beans, etc. of Arab origin.HyderabadHaleem is famous.
- Chicken 65 --Spicy chicken from South Indiafried.
- Russie (Hindi: लस्सी) - Dahi(Yogurt) -based drink.
- Chai (Hindi: चाय) --Tea.In a narrow sense, it is sweet made by boiling tea leaves in an Indian style.Milk tea..However, it is often served in English style in high-end stores and hotels.Masala・ Chai is a basic chai with spices added.
- Indian coffee --Indian style preferred in the southCafe au lait..Like chai, it may be drunk with spices.
Snacks (North India)
- Samosa (Hindi: समोसा) --Stir-fried vegetables wrapped in flour rind in a triangle and fried.
- Pakora (Hindi: पकोड़ा) --Basan was dissolved in water and battered with spices and salt and fried.tempuraWind dishes.Vegetables are mainly used as ingredients,ScrapingIt may be in the form.
- Panipuri (Hindi: पानीपूरी, Panipuri) --A snack that is eaten by making a hole in a bite-sized pulley and putting seasoned chickpeas, potatoes, and soup inside.
Snacks (South India)
- Dosa (Hindi: डोसा / Tamil: தோசை) - Vigna mungoliaRice is soaked in water and ground, fermented for about half a day, and then on an iron plate.CrepeThinly baked.It has a mild acidity.Stir-fried vegetables with spices wrapped inside is called masala dosa.
- (Hindi: इडली / Tamil: இட்லி) --Convex lens type steamed bread made from the same dough as Dosa.
- Parpad (Hindi: पापड़) - lentil, Bassan, Vigna mungoliarice flourMade with thincrackerFood in shape.It is also often eaten in North India.
- ARPA(Tamil: அப்பம்)-A crepe-like dish made from rice flour and coconut milk.
Indian Chinese food
IndianChinese cuisine TheKolkataLive inChinese peopleIt is said that it was introduced by.Chinese food is very popular in India, especially in big cities.Cumin and coriander,turmericIt is seasoned to the taste of Indians, and pork and beef are rarely used, and on the contrary, there are cases where Indian food ingredients such as paneer are used.At a Chinese restaurant in IndiaFried Rice,炒 麺,Spring roll,Chapsui,Sweet and sour chicken,PeachEtc. can be eaten.In some cases, Chinese food such as chow mein is sandwiched between dosa.
- Soan papdi (Hindi: सोहन पापड़ी,Sohan papdi) - sugar,ChickpeaPowder,Ghee,ミ ル ク,cardamomA square-shaped sugar candy like cotton candy made from.abovepistachioAnd decorate almonds
- Gulab jamun (Hindi: गुलाब जामुन, Gulab jamun)- North IndiaCommon in syrupFried sweets..With sugarコ アDeep-fried dumplings kneaded with cardamomΛ 繝 ΛSweet scented withsyrupSoaked in
- Halva (Hindi: हलवा, Halva)-Mainly found in North and East IndiapuddingShaped sweets.The material isSemolinaAnd carrots are common
- keel (Hindi: खीर, Kheer)-North IndiaRice pudding
- Bevinka (Bebinca)-with flour, sugar and gheeCoconut milkGore pudding made from
- Modak --Favored in West and South IndiaDumpling..GratedcoconutAnd Jaggery (English: jaggery/Hindi: गुड़ Guru,brown sugarWrapped in rice flour dough, steamed or fried.Also known as Modak (Marathi: मोदक), Korakattai (Tamil: கொழுக்கட்டை), Kudum (Telugu: కుడుము)Such.
- Jalebi (Hindi: जलेबी/Urdu: جلقبي) --A confectionery made from flour and water, squeezed into frying oil, fried, and soaked in syrup.
Impact on world cuisine
Indian immigrants and Indians abroadAs a result of the activities of, Indian cuisine has become established all over the world.In particularThe United KingdomAnd the former British territoryMalaysia,Singapore,Fiji,Persian Gulfshore,Kenya,South Africa,Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu,ガイアナIndian food blends into the local food culture.Chicken tikka masalaIs an Indian food born in EnglandNational foodIt is called one of.Goan cuisine spread to Portugal and its colonies,Macau foodAnd so on.In addition, curry dishes are being produced all over the world due to the spread of curry powder.Originating in IndiaMurtavaIt is,TradeThroughSoutheast AsiaIt was transmitted to the area and nowArabian PeninsulaIt is eaten at.In Japan, curry rice has become a national dish along with ramen, such as curry being used for school lunches due to the influence of Chandra Bose and the Royal Navy."Local curry" that uses local seasonings, ingredients, and concepts has appeared in various parts of the country, and is becoming a food culture unique to Japan.
Indian cooking expert
- Renu Arora
- Kaoru Katori
- Kumar Niti
- Hari Om
- Mira Meter
- Rei Watanabe
- Madeul Jarfree
- Noboru Karashima
- Nile Yoshimi
- ^ Called black cumin seed in the West
- ^ "India's Changing Appetites for Meat Challenges Traditional Values". New York Daily News (September 2013, 2). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Caste Discrimination and Food Security Program”. Economic & Political Weekly (September 2005, 9). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Uses of Tropical Grain Legumes: Proceedings of a Consultants Meeting, 27-30 Mar 1989, ICRISAT Center, India. ICRISAT. (1991). Pp. 108, 335. ISBN 978-92-9066-180-1