Make vegetables more delicious!Easy handmade "ginger dressing"
If you write the contents roughly
If you make your own dressing, the usual vegetable salad will be even more delicious.
good morning!I'm Eiko Murayama, a cook.Today, I would like to introduce the sweet and sour Japanese-flavored "ginger dressing" ... → Continue reading
Morning magazine "morning time.jp" full of tips to enjoy the morning
Approximately 1 breakfast recipes, serialization of recipes by popular cooks, breakfast shop information, morning scenery reports around the world, yoga, beauty, fashion, hair arrangements, articles written by experts every morning. I will deliver it.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
|breakfast branch Elevenjis lunch Afternoon tea dinner Midnight snack|
|Amuse bouche Hors d'oeuvre cheese Cocktails Dessert Beverage Entree fruit main course nut salad Non-staple food|
|Banquet all-you-can-eat Cuisine Eating Table manners Food Snack|
salad(English: Salad [ˈSæləd],French: Salad [salad],Portuguese: Salad [sɐˈladɐ]) IsVegetablesFor ingredients such assalt,vinegar,oil,SpicesSuch asSeasoningsSprinkle or sprinkle withCuisineGeneric name for.However, Japanese salad is a little different.
Raw vegetables, potatoes,broccoliAfter cooling the boiled beans, etc., assorted,mayonnaise,dressing, Salt etc. are generally eaten, but it contains a lot of ingredients other than vegetablesEgg salad,Tuna salad,ham and salad,Macaroni saladEtc. are also called salads.素材の選び方によってはDepending on how you choose the materialVitamin C-Dietary fiberIncluding many.
Ancient greece,RomeAlready in the age of raw vegetables (mainlycucumberEtc.) and have a habit of eating "salad"Etymology TheSeasoningsof"saltMeansLatinThe verb "salare", which means "sal" or "add salt", suggests that the original form of salad at that time was to sprinkle salt and eat raw vegetables.For people at that time, raw vegetables wereIntestinesIt was regarded as an ingredient with "medicinal effect" that regulates the function of.ローマの初代The first of RomeemperorAugustusWhen you get sicklettuceThere is also an anecdote that he survived by eating.
15th centuryMilanThere was a vegetable dish called salad (zelada) in the banquet dish.It was a dish in which a stewed juice seasoned with plenty of salt (salè), jam, mustard, and lemon was sprinkled on pickled or salted green vegetables.やがてEventuallyRomanFollowing the above, it changed to sprinkle soup on hot vegetables and raw green vegetables, and the soup also changed to the method of sprinkling oil and vinegar. 15世紀の中頃にはIn the middle of the XNUMXth centuryFranceMade a list of suitable vegetables for salads. 16世紀の野菜好きな詩人XNUMXth century vegetable-loving poetPierre de RonsardLeaves "Ode to Jasmine" which expresses the recipe of salad as it is in poetry.
Even with such demand, the status of vegetable dishes in Europe was low until a period of time, and it was a supporting role for meat dishes only in summer.こうしたサラダの普及には野菜のVegetables are used to popularize such salads温室We had to wait for the era of cultivation and import from warm regions. Entering the 20th century, from the United States, which adds a large amount of raw vegetables to meat dishes
Is said to have had a great influence on the establishment of the status of vegetable salads in Europe..
History in Japan
Until modern times, in Japan, the hygiene of the fields was not good, such as using human feces as fertilizer.melon,watermelonEtc. as fruits,LeekEtc.CondimentThere was no habit of eating raw vegetables as they were.Garnish andvitaminVegetables as a sourcepickles,Otashi,Simmered dishes,SoupPlayed that role.
BakumatsuからMeiji EraWhen diplomacy with Western countries began, salads were offered to foreigners, mainlyFrenchAnd close to englishSalad,SaladeWas used.However,Tomato,Japanese radishKindcauliflower,AsparagusMainly boiled vegetables such as.1872/(Meiji 5) "Western Cuisine Guidance" published on how to make tomato salad etc.. Also,1875/(8th year of Meiji)8/27In front of the palaceThe United States of AmericaWhen inviting Lord Okura and othersFrenchSalade is listed in the menu of.cabbageVegetable cultivation for foreigners such as these also started around this time.
Meiji erajournalistHattori SeiichiIs a salad in the book "Tokyo Shin Shigeki"SalarTo say漢字Guessed.. Besides,Modern OfJapanese dictionary,Collection of clausesToLeft Ryota,Satsuma abduction,LettuceYou can see the Chinese character notation such as.
In JapanbeefCookingcutletSuch asWestern foodHas been introduced and spread,beef cutletEtccabbageThe julienne was added.In addition, raw vegetables, which are the ingredients for salads, have also been imported, and some foodies have eaten raw vegetable salads.
Taisho era Of1924/In (Taisho 13), Nisshin Oil (currentlyNissin OilliO) Is a highly transparent salad oil called "Nissin Salad Oil" that does not become turbid even when cold ()Salad oil) Was sold..However, it was still not on the table of ordinary people.
Showa periodTo become andHead lettuceAppeared, Salado greensIt has come to be published in specialty cooking books under such names.しかし、主流はBut the mainstreamTomato,cucumber,cabbage,potato saladMet.
Second World WarStill in Japan right afterLower fertilizerIs commonly used,Roundworm,Pinwormな どParasiteWas widespread.これに対しOn the other handGhqHe was very disgusted and did not allow the use of manure to grow the vegetables used for the expeditionary forces' meals separately.Also for general useChemical fertilizer,compostPromoted the use of.Since then,Ministry of Health and Welfareから1955/In (30), hygiene improvements were gradually made, such as guidance on the spread of clean vegetables, and efforts were made to improve and permeate the eating environment where people can eat raw with peace of mind, but salads are also served on the dining table of each household. To spreadthe 1970sI had to wait for the passage of time until the middle term.
Salads in the early stages of settlement are not necessarily raw vegetables, but cauliflower once boiled or shredded.Apple,Orange Ofcanning,FurthermoremacaroniAnd so on,mayonnaiseMost of them were rather sweet, such as seasoning.Thinly sliced raw cucumbers, raw tomatoes, and mashed potatoes are gradually being added to the combination ingredients, and the confidence in the raw foods of leafy vegetables such as raw lettuce and raw cabbage has finally taken root, and there are several major dressing makers nationwide. We developed a product of dressing sauce and sold it nationwide, and TVCM also played a role in enlightenment, and it came to be on the table as a salad that is popular today.
In the 2010sPower saladThe salad named is in the limelight.これはthis isvitamin,mineralVegetables and fruits that can be eaten, fish and meatproteinIt is a salad that you can easily get the nutrients you should take in a day with one dish by adding toppings such as beans, millets, and nuts with ingredients containing.
Each country's unique salad
Although Japan has a strong raw food culture, there are historically few raw vegetables.
More specifically, raw vegetable food was self-consumed by farmers and was not considered a dish.
Therefore, Japanese saladVinegared foodApart from that, most of them were widespread after the war.
- SeaweedSalad (mainlyWakame）
- Salad somen noodles
- Japanese buckwheat noodlessalad
- Lao Fuu Tsai lǎohǔcài- coriander,cucumber,green pepper or Red pepperSeason with salt and oil and eatTohoku region Oflocal cuisine
- Shanghai Schaller Shàng hǎi shālā-"Shanghai Salad".ロシア風Russian styleAppleenterpotato salad..名称の由来は、上海からThe name comes from ShanghaiChugokuBecause it spread all over the place.
- Pungency Beni (Punger Hong pílàhóng) －Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous RegionLocal cuisine.Red pepper,onion,TomatoSalad.kebabIt is preferred as a side dish when eating meat such as. 「皮」は"Skin"UighurAbbreviation for "peeers پىياز" which means onion.There are similar salads in North India and Central Asia.
- Ryo Sang Shara (liáng sǔn shālā)- bambooshootsalad.主に細いたけのこの先端部分をゆでて、甘みのあるMainly boiled the tip of thin bamboo shoots, sweetmayonnaiseEat with.
- Cobb salad
- Caesar salad
- Waldorf salad
- Tuna salad(tuna salad）
- ham and salad(Ham salad)
- Chicken salad(chicken salad）
- (Jello salad) --InstantjellyNomoto "Jell-O(Jell-o) ”Salad.Vegetables, fruits,nutJell-O.French cuisineaspicIt's similar to.
- Pasta salad
- Lyonnaise(Salade Lyonnaise,LyonWind) --Bacon on top of leafy vegetables mixed with mustard dressingPoached egg,CroutonsSalad with.
- Nisoise(Salad niçoise,NiceWind) - Provence-Alpes-Cote d'AzurLocal salad.Chilled tomatoes on a plate scented with garlic,AnchoviesArrange fillets, peppers, onions, etc., dress with olive oil and salt, pepper and basil, and treat with hard-boiled eggs and olives..
- Salade Sud-Ouest-Southwestern FrancePerigordandLanguedocLocal cuisine.Gizzardsalad.Stir-fried poultry gizzards and duck prosciutto are colored on leafy vegetables.A soft-boiled egg may be placed.
- Macedoine(Macédoine)- Cut into 1 cm squaresVegetable or fruit salad.The vegetable Macedoine de légumes can be either hot or cold.
- Taboulé- CouscousA salad made by cooking and chilling, diced tomatoes and cucumbers, olives, and dried fruits.There is a unique texture due to couscous grains.The prototype is "Tabouuleh" in the eastern Mediterranean region (described later).
- Muskran (Mesclun)-A combination of various kinds of young vegetables,South FranceSalad.
- Insalata Caprese(Insalata Caprese)-"CapriWind salad ".SouthernCampania OfMozzarellaとTomato,BasilicoAssorted salad
- Macedonia(Macedonia)-A type of fruit salad
- (Винегрет)- Table beat,potato,pickles, OnionsDicedSalad mixed with vegetable oil and vinegar
- Salat Olivier(Сала ́т Оливье ́)-Potato,chicken, Pickles, green peas, carrots, onions diced and mixed with mayonnaise
- Seryotoka Bato Shuba(Селёдка под шубой) -Main materialHerringA salad covered with a layer made of vegetables and mayonnaise
- Tarama Sarata(Ταραμοσαλάτα)- KoiEgg,Crow or TarakoWas mixed with mashed potatoes and bread and seasoned with lemon juice.MezeA dish
- Horiatic Kisarata(Χωριάτικη σαλάτα)- Feta cheese, Tomatoes, cucumbers,oliveEtc.Olive oilSalad mixed with.Also known as Greek salad
- Zajiki(Τζατζίκι) -Almost the same as Tzatziki in Turkey
- Jajuk (tzatziki) --CucumberYogurtSalad
- Piyaz (Bean salad) - WhiteGreen beansBean salad
- Patlı can salatası-GrilledeggplantPasty salad
- Choban Saratas (Shepherd salad) --What is Chupan?shepherdThat thing.It is said that the shepherd brought the materials to his place of work and made them there.
- (Tabouli) -Rehydrated with waterBulgur, TickTomato, Tickonion, Tickshallot, Tickmint, Plenty of choppingparsleyTheolive oilとLemonSalad mixed with soup dressing.Also pronounced tabbouleh, tabbouleh, tabbouleh.cabbage,lettuceWrap it in leaves and eat it.Originally the Eastern Mediterranean region (Mashlik), But today's tabbouleh with plenty of parsley was born, which is famous as a summer resort.Lebanon OfBeqaa GovernorateThe HalleIs.The prototype of the French "table".
- Leafy vegetables
- Root vegetables
- Fruit vegetables
- Meat and dairy products
- Edible flower(Edible flower)
- More informations
Generally, it is said that raw vegetables are used, but some of them are mainly hot salads that are still warm immediately after boiling, and boiled vegetables.Warm vegetablesThere are dishes and so on.In Japan, broccoli,cauliflower,zucchini,mushroomIt is unlikely that you will make a raw vegetable salad, but this isNorth America,EuropeThen, it is a eating habit that is not unusual.
- ^ Magronne Toussaint-Sama "World Food Encyclopedia" Translated by Toyoo Tamamura, Hara Shobo, 1998,ISBN 4087603172, Pp.721-725
- ^ Naomichi Ishige "Cultural Geography of Food and Food in the World" p239 Kodansha Academic Library.
- ^ Keigakudo master, "Western Cuisine Instruction" p17, 1872, Tokyo, Tokyo Shorin Gankanaya 
- ^ Shiro Akiyama, "Tokuzo AkiyamaMenu Collection ”p16, 1976, TokyoTokuzo AkiyamaRemembrance Society Publishing Department
- ^ Hattori Seiichi "Tokyo Shin Shigeki" 1876, Masakichi Yamashiroya, 28, p. XNUMX.
- ^ Yamada Mime Suuzando Hashimoto, 1898, p. 616.
- ^ "Practical New Dictionary: Pronunciation Numbers" edited by Kou Morimoto, Kaibunkan, 1908, p. 428.
- ^ Fumihiko Otsuki"Salad" "Sea of words(New edition)Tomiyama Fusa, 1982, 863 pages.
- ^ "Etymology of salad oil". Oil Q & ANisshin Oillio. 2008/12/1Browse.
- ^ Hideyoshi Yoshiura, "Salad Club", "Western Chinese Cooking" p161, 1935, Osaka, Shibaransha Home Economics Academy
- ^ Healthy beauty is starting!What is the hottest power salad this year?All About Beauty. Retrieved January 2017, 1.
- ^ Kewpie Aohata NewsFebruary 2017, 2 Offering original "power salad" using Kewpie dressing "green cap" series at power salad specialty store "HIGH FIVE SALAD"
- ^ Tsujicho Group Shizuo Tsuji Culinary Education Institute, edited by "French Cuisine Handbook" Shibata Shoten, 2012, p31