Melon de melon Hamamatsu station square store | Popular melon bread store inevitably lined up
If you write the contents roughly
This melon bread is recommended for those who like moistness compared to plain.
I went to the popular melon bread shop "Melon de melon" in front of Hamamatsu station ... → Continue reading
Kokohama is a web media that introduces local information centering on Hamamatsu to the western Shizuoka area.
The contents of Hamamatsu's natural contents, attractive events, unique shops, inspirational culture, etc. are expressed in content and conveyed!
Instead of one-way information transmission, we will continue to transmit information every day with the aim of creating a warm medium that integrates the WEB and the real world, and the media and people.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
The biscuit dough is so thick that it does not cover other breads and covers a wide area, and is said to be the most distinctive feature of this bread. mainlySpindle shapeTypes ofRoundTypes and other types.. KinkiとShikoku regionPart ofChugokuIn some of the round melon breadSunriseThere is a habit of calling[Note 1].
Origin of the name
Of the nameOriginThere are several theories as below, and it is unknown which is correct.
- There are several lines on the surface biscuit clothlatticeStategrooveThe appearance that is put in iscantaloupeBecause it resembles the pattern. Currently this theoryMainstream.
- "meringue"Bread" was accented into melon bread.
- Spindle shapeThe shape of the melon and several grooves on the surface areMakuwauri).
- For businesskitchenwareMelon typeBecause it is a bread that is molded using.
1910ToArmenianFrench baker, Ivan Sagoyan, baked goods in FranceGaletteThere is a theory that it was invented based on.Manchuria OfHarbinFrom Hotel New HarbinKihachiro Okura Imperial HotelIvan Sagoyan pulled out toRussian Empire OfRomanov EmperorBecause he was a former court cook ofFrench breadとViennaWind bread(GermanyBread) I was familiar with both recipes. It is said that melon bread was born from the Russian tradition of combining various techniques and textures of bread..
In addition, a new sweet bread made by Kikuji Sandaikawa, the owner of Komagome KimurayaUtility modelThe registration (Showa 5) is similar to the current melon bread in manufacturing method and shape, and there is a theory that this is the root. otherAmericaCame into Japan viaメキシコConfectioneryConcha"German confectionery"It is also said. Also,Hong Kong,TaiwanIsWrapping bagThere is a bread very similar to melon bread called "(pineapple bread)", and it is thought that it has the same origin.
Spindle-shaped melon bread
Coop KobeAccording to the 1952 baker of the Kobe Consumers Union, the predecessor of the union,Omelette riceIt is said that the spindle-shaped melon pan started when I saw the cap for it. Unlike the circular ones, do not use biscuit dough,margarineAddedWhite bean pasteContains.Western foodThe melon bread at this time was made by baking it with the food type used to mold the rice used in stores.AlmondLike split verticallySpindle shapeI was doing There are several grooves on the surface of the biscuit dough on top, and this shape is a variant of melon and was sold as "melon" at that timeMakuwauriIt came to be called melon bread because of its resemblance to.Kobe,京都Items sold at etc. have white bean paste inside.ReiwaEven if it becomes, the spindle-shaped type with white bean paste is manufactured and sold, and it is also sold at retail stores such as supermarkets in Osaka prefecture, including those mass-produced at factories in Hyogo prefecture and those with biscuits dough. There are many examples[Source required].
HiroshimaKureThen,Second World WarFrom before,custard creamMelon bread with the inside is also made. AlsoShowa11 years(1936) Founded Kure City's long-established bread shop "Melonpan"From the interview with, once the commercial cooking utensil "Melon type" (Western foodIt's made of metal and has a spindle-shaped rice removal mold to mold the rice to be added to the lunch ofPopular name)Bread doughSince it was molded, it is presumed that it was named melon bread..
Circular melon bread
In the 1930s,sunriseImitating the shape ofRoundBread with biscuit dough on top,SunriseWas born.. Kinseido's Kure branch, which has its head office in Kobe,Warship flagIt was called Sunrise because it had radial lines. Since it is easier to attach a grid line than a radial line, it became the present shape. As this became popular, the traditional spindle-shaped melon bread gradually disappeared. Also,Taisho eraTo enter thecantaloupeWhen is imported into Japan, the word "melon" is associated with the round muskmelon. Although the sunrise and the above melon bread were different, the sunrise, which is similar in shape to the muskmelon, was also confused and came to be called melon bread. A major bakery company followed suit, changing what it used to produce under the name of Sunrise to melon bread.
Other melon bread (other forms)
In addition, varieties of melon bread centered on circular ones are being made one after another, and some of them have nothing to do with the shape of the melon.rectangleMelon breads in the shape of oval or oval have also appeared.Mount FujiThere is also a type of melon bread.In addition, although the biscuit dough is placed on the surface, there are many that do not have an image of the pattern on the surface of the melon, such as parallel lines.In addition, there is a "cameron bread" with a head, limbs, and tail because it is easy to imagine a turtle shell with a circular object and it is easy to match words.
- ^ Food japan map -Map of Japan with names of melon bread and sunrise
- ^ Showa's retro hardware store Sekiguchi Kuniyoshi store Old-fashioned aluminum rice type Melon type (Retrieved July 2018, 2)
- ^ Maekawa Metal Industry Co., Ltd., product information, kitchen tools, rice type, melon type (Retrieved July 2018, 2)
- ^ The Armenian Who Invented the Japanese Sweet Bun --The Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- ^ "The birth story of that shape of high-kara melon bread". Coop Kobe Net. Consumers' cooperative co-op Kobe. 2014/10/22Browse.
- ^ "Melon Bread Why "Sunrise" in Kobe?". Kobe Shimbun NEXT. Kobe newspaper. 2016/10/12Browse.
- ^ "Weekly Tomato & TV Kyoto" (Kyoto Shimbun: Published January 2011, 1)
- ^ Itoh, Mika (August 2010, 8). “Kure's melon bread is heavy! Kure's specialty bread that the former Japanese Navy also loved". "Hiroshima News Eating Tinger"Diamond Life GK. 2014/10/22Browse.
- ^ Melon bread (The name of the bakery whose main store is in Kure City, Hiroshima Prefecture)
- ^ Yuko Shibukawa (March 2013, 3). “The mystery of the hard skin is full of mysteries, and where did the shape of "melon bread" come from?”. JBpress (Japan Business Press). 2018/2/19Browse.
- ^ Yuko Shibukawa 2013, p. 127.
- ^ Yuko Shibukawa 2013, p. 128.
- ^ "Melon Bread Why "Sunrise" in Kobe?". Kobe newspaper. 2018/4/6Browse.
- Yuko Shibukawa "Beginning of Japan's classic menu" Sairyusha, 2013.ISBN 978-4-7791-1934-7.
- Shintaro Tsurugi "Encyclopedia of Bread" Chuokoronsha〈Chuko Bunko>,1980.National bibliographic number:81010504.
- Kazuko Higashijima "The truth of melon bread" Kodansha, 2004.ISBN 4-06-212278-2.