Certified as a Japanese agricultural heritage! "Himi's Sustainable Set Net Fishery"
If you write the contents roughly
Himi's lifestyle itself, such as agriculture and forestry, fishery processing, and food culture, which has been practiced in Himi for many years while being involved in set net fishing, has been certified and examined by the Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Experts' Meeting, which has a long set net. It is a world-class fishing system whose historical, geographical, and topographical features give birth to the fishing industry in this region, and it has been evaluated as having extremely high potential, which gives Himi citizens great confidence. I will be proud.
Set net fishery "Himi's sustainable set net fishery" has been certified as a "Japanese agricultural heritage" certified by the Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. ... → Continue reading
Kyodo News PR Wire
Kyodo PR wire, which distributes press releases and news releases, connects information from "who wants to know" to "people who want to know."
This is a site that consumers should pay attention to, where news releases from major governments and government agencies including local governments and universities are gathered.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
World Important Agricultural Heritage System
Agriculture of each country|
World Important Agricultural Heritage System(Sekaijuyo no Ugyo-san system [Note 1],English: Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems,GIAHS,Theas[Note 2]) Is traditionalAgriculture:,forestry-Fishery:と, Has been nurtured and maintained by agriculture, forestry and fisheries,Land use(Agricultural land, ponds, irrigation facilities, etc.Irrigation), Technology,Cultural customsFor the purpose of integrally certifying such as, and passing it on to the next generation2002ToUnited Nations Food and Agriculture OrganizationFounded by (FAO)..And surround itbiodiversityTo certify the world's most important areas for the purpose of preservingSustainable agricultureIt becomes a practice area of.
World important agricultural asset systemTranslated as[Note 3] , Commonly known asWorld agricultural heritage[Note 4].. Started by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in 2002[PR 1].. As of 2020, there will be a total of 22 accredited sites under the GIAHS Initiative in 62 countries excluding North America and Oceania.
FAOFood crisisPromoting large-scale agriculture with an eye onGreen revolutionReceived the idea ofBreed improvementIt has been a policy to improve productivity and yield by using a large amount of fertilizer and fertilizer.As a result, in some areasEnvironmental destructionProblems such as industrialization and oligopoly of agriculture have arisen due to the entry of companies.Based on that reflection, the basic stance of agricultural heritage is to reconfirm the origin of agriculture and consider the issues of declining and aging agricultural workers..
By region / country name alphabetical order / registration year order
- Oases System in Atlas MountainsAtlas MountainsOasis): Registered in 2011,新石器時代Established in the Atlas MountainsBerberIrrigated agriculture by牛-sheep-goat-camelPastoralism.
- Argan-based agro-sylvo-pastoral system within the area of Ait Souab-Ait and Mansour (Ait Souab-Ait and Mansour)ArganAgricultural and pastoral system): Registered in 2018
- Engaresero Maasai Pastoralist Heritage Area: Registered in 2011, Maasai cattle farming that is socially and geographically separated from the Orkeri Maasai in Kenya.
- Shimbwe Juu Kihamba Agro-forestry Heritage Site (Shinve Juu and HambaAgroforestry): Registered in 2011,KilimanjaroFruit tree building material forest by altitude seen at the southern foot of the mountainbananaHayashicoffeeOrganic circulation mixed agriculture and forestry consisting of four layers of shrubs and vegetable gardens.
- Gafsa Oases (GafsaOasis): Registered in 2011, irrigated agriculture jointly managed by farmers.
- Hanging gardens from Djebba El Olia: Registered in 2020
- Ramli agricultural system in the lagoons of Ghar El Melh: Registered in 2020
- Siwa Oasis (Wrinkle oasis): Registered in 2016, arid agriculture that has continued since the ancient Egyptian era.
- United Arab Emirates
- Floating Garden Agricultural Practices: Registered in 2015, on a bundle of floating grass called baira, geto, dhap, etc.Hydroponics
- Rice-fish Agriculture (Paddy fish farming)/Zhejiang ProvinceQingtian County): Registered in 2005
- Wannian Traditional Rice CultureJiangxi Province): Registered in 2010
- Hani Rice Terraces (Hani rice terraces/Yunnan): Registered in 2010,world Heritage
- Dong's Rice Fish Duck SystemThongRice farming, fish farming, duck farming /Guizhou): Registered in 2011
- Aohan Dryland Farming SystemAohanDryland Agriculture /Inner MongoliaChifeng City): Registered in 2012
- Pu'er Traditional Tea Agrosystem (PuerTraditional Tea Agriculture / Yunnan): Registered in 2012
- Kuaijishan Ancient Chinese Torreya (Kuaiji MountainAncient Chinese Treya (榧) / ZhejiangShaoxing): Registered in 2013
- Xuanhua Traditional Vineyards System (XuanhuaTraditional grape cultivation /Hebei ProvinceZhangjiakou City): Registered in 2013
- Jasmine and Tea Culture System of Fuzhou CityjasmineAnd tea culture system /Fujian Province): Registered in 2014
- Jiaxian Traditional Chinese Date GardensJujubegarden/Henan ProvinceJia County): Registered in 2014
- Xinghua Duotian Agrosystem (Traditional Xinghua Duotian Agricultural System /JiangsuXinghua): Registered in 2014
- Huzhou Mulberry-dyke and Fish Pond System (Huzhou OfmulberryEmbankmentbyAquaculture池System / Zhejiang): Registered in 2017
- Diebu Zhagana Agriculture-Forestry-Animal Husbandry Composite System (DiebuAgriculture, Forestry and Livestock System of Fuyuna /GansuTewo County): Registered in 2017
- Traditional Mulberry System in Xiajin's Ancient Yellow River Course (XiajinTraditional Mulberry Cultivation System in Shandong / Shandong): Registered in 2018
- Rice Terraces in Southern Mountainous and Hilly Areas (Rice Terraces in Southern Mountainous and Hilly Areas)…Hunan ProvincePurple magpie rice terraces (Irrigation facility heritage),GuangxiLongsheng Rice Terraces, Chongyi Hakka Rice Terraces, Fujian ProvinceYouxi CountyRice terraces in Sogomura: Registered in 2018
- Qanat Irrigated Agricultural Heritage Systems of Kashan, Isfahan Province (IsfahanprovinceKashan OfQanatIrrigated Agricultural Heritage System): Registered in 2014,world Heritage"Persian canatoOne of the constituent assets of
- Grape Production System in Jowzan ValleyGrapeProduction system): Registered in 2018
- Qanat-based Saffron Farming System in Gonabad: Registered in 2018,world HeritageOne of the constituent assets of "Persian Kanner"
- Noto's Satoyama and Satoumi (Noto OfSatoyamaCaspian Sea): Registered in 2011
- Sado's satoyama in harmony with Japanese crested ibis (TokiCoexist withSado OfSatoyama): Registered in 2011
- Managing Aso Grasslands for Sustainable Agriculture (AsoGrasslandSustainable agriculture): Registered in 2013
- Traditional tea-grass integrated system in Shizuoka (ShizuokaTraditionalTea-grass farming method): Registered in 2013
- Kunisaki Peninsula Usa Integrated Forestry, Agriculture and Fisheries System (Kunishigashima-UsaAgriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Circulation System): Registered in 2013
- The Ayu of Nagara River System (Ayu from the clear stream Nagara River~SatokawaWith people in鮎Connection): Registered on December 2015, 12
- Minabe-Tanabe Ume System (Minabe-(I.e. OfplumCultivation): Registered in 2015
- Takachihogo-Shiibayama Mountainous Agriculture and Forestry System (Takachiho Township-ShiibayamaMountainous Agriculture and Forestry): Registered in 2015
- Osaki Kôdo's Traditional Water Management System for Sustainable Paddy Agriculture (Osaki KodoPaddy Agricultural System by Skillful Water Management): Registered in 2017
- Traditional wasabi cultivation in Shizuoka (ShizuokaWater wasabiTraditional cultivation): Registered in 2018
- Nishi-awa steep slope land agriculture system: Registered in 2018
- South Korea
- Traditional Irrigation Management System of Gudeuljangnon Terraced Rice Paddies (Kudurru Channon, Cheongsando): Registered in 2014, KudurruOndolAnother name for, Channon, means like agricultural land.A structure that makes it easier to drain rainwater by embankment on a masonry that resembles an ondol.In ancient times, it was also called Aoyama drainage.
- Jeju Batdam Agricultural System (JejuBatdam): Registered in 2014, literally translated as "field stacking".A stone wall made of lava from Jeju Island has protected the cultivated land from the sea breeze.From that aspect, it is described as Kuroryu Mari.
- Traditional Hadong Tea Agrosystem in Hwagae-myeon (Traditional Hadong Tea Agrosystem in Hwagae-myeon): Registered in 2017
- Geumsan traditional ginseng agricultural system (NishikiyamaTraditionalGinsengAgricultural system): Registered in 2018
- Damyang Bamboo Field Agriculture System (DamyangbambooAgricultural system): Registered in 2020
- Ifugao Rice Terraces: Registered in 2011,world Heritage"Rice terraces in Cordillera, PhilippinesOne of the constituent assets of
- Sri Lanka
- The Cascaded Tank-Village System (CTVS) in the Dry Zone of Sri Lanka (Tank Village System in the Dry Zone of Sri Lanka): Registered in 2017
- The Agricultural System of Valle Salado de Añana: Registered in 2017
- Malaga Raisin Production System in La Axarquía (Malaga, Axarquía)RaisinsProduction system): Registered in 2017
- The Agricultural System Ancient Olive Trees Territorio Sénia: Registered in 2018
- Historical Irrigation System at l'Horta de València (ValenciaAlter's Historical Irrigation System): Registered in 2019
- Barroso Agro-Sylvo-Pastoral system: Registered in 2018
The procedure for certifying agricultural heritage was initially carried out in conjunction with the annual FAO annual meeting, and then a dedicated GIAHS meeting was held, but there was no written format and it was customary. It has been broken.Therefore, in 2016, the Scientific Review Committee was established to formulate the "Guidelines for GIAHS Certification Procedures".The committee is composed of seven members selected from each regional division in FAO and is also in charge of accreditation examination..
As a general rule, the certification examination is held once a year at the GIAHS meeting, and was held from November 2017 to 11 in 23, but on December 25 in Japan, wasabi cultivation in Shizuoka and sloping land farming in Awa There are some irregularities such as additional certification being made on March 12, 12.
Diversity of primary industry
Agricultural heritage is from the protection of a single traditional agriculture to the entire regionPrimary industryIt is shifting to a cultural formation area through mutual complementation of.For example, in Noto's Satoyama SatoumiRice terracesDry rice ears not only in agriculture but also in the sunHazaDried, charcoal-grilledlacquerware OfWajima lacquerSupportlacquerCultivation and lacquer scraping etc.forestry,Fried beach salt making method,Ama fishing,Mullet waiting turret fishingIt targets primary industries that utilize the blessings of the mountains and the sea throughout the Noto Peninsula.
In addition, Noto's Satoyama Satoumi was certified in 2011 (Heisei 23), but two years laterHodatsu Shimizu TownHas been additionally certified, and it has been confirmed that the scope of certification can be expanded systematically.
Difference from World Heritage
World heritageReal estateTangible goodsStructureAgricultural heritage is a tradition of traditional agricultural methods (intangible property) and the agricultural land and surrounding environment (intangible property).Cultural environment-Environmental goods), And sells the product as an agricultural heritage certified brand.Commercialization of heritageAlso admits.
To give an example, the registered range of the rice terraces of the Philippine Cordillera, a World Heritage Site, isBanaueThe rice terraces of Ifugao, which is an agricultural heritage, are narrowed down to a limited area with a good state of existence of about 200 square kilometers centered onIfugaoThere is a terraced rice field called PayoIfugaoApproximately 11 square kilometers spanning 175 cities and 680 villages, which is more than three times the size of a World Heritage Site.Especially in World HeritageCultural landscapeBecause the concept is applied, in agricultural workMechanization,PesticideIt is difficult to maintain and manage due to restrictions on the use of農民To each house to improve the life ofelectricityWe also recommend supply (not for entertainment)Weather informationPurpose of popularization of TV and Internet for acquisition),LandscapeMay interfere with.In addition, while the world heritage emphasizes the landscape of rice terraces, the agricultural heritage also includes shifting cultivation that takes place around the rice terraces.
Although the purpose of agricultural heritage is not to make the production area a tourist destination, the number of tourists tends to increase with the promotion effect of the registered area and the improvement of the name of the agricultural heritage.Due to the influence, entry into cultivated landPoliciesInfringement is emerging (Tourism pollution).
With the penetration of agricultural heritage brands, overseasPirated versionWithout permission like商標The use or distribution of counterfeit products made in Japan has been spurred.So far in JapanGeographical indicationSince there was no guarantee system, due to the revision of "" and the establishment of ""2015(Heisei27 years)May 6Than"GI markI started to introduce, It is difficult to crack down on foreign countries.
Agricultural heritage is for efficiency improvementIndustrializationAiming to improve the lives of farmersBy-productWe also encourage the production of Japanese6th industryWe are paying close attention to the change, but in Chinamachining工場From working toLewis Turning PointThere is also a situation in which the end of the story is overturned.
There is an image and tendency that agriculture = eco, but from the viewpoint of biodiversity, artificially cultivating a single crop is not possible.Continuous cropping disorderInviteEnvironmental load-Environmental destructionIt can be said that.It is said to be a recycling typeSwidden agricultureAlsoIndonesia-SumatraBurningSingaporeSeriousSmoke damage(Haze) is given[PR 5].
た ば こ OfAmerican spirit"Tobacco is agriculture" in the promotion phrase ofキ ュ ー バ OfVinales ValleyAttobaccoThe cultivated area has become a World Heritage Site, but criticism of the cultivation of tobacco, which has become a social evil, is unavoidable (Tobacco Control Framework ConventionCultivation is not denied).
Development / outlook
FAO is WFP (United Nations World Food Program) And UNEP (United Nations Environmental Plan) And we are deepening cooperation with UNESCO and others on agriculture, environment, and food, centering on agricultural heritage, and we are also considering mutual complementation with private movements.As an example, as a public oneCreative city networkFood sector, in the private sectorSlow cityExerciseThe most beautiful village in the worldmotion,FujiExercise etc. can be raised.
In addition, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries is independentJapanese agricultural heritageEstablished a system..Important agricultural and cultural heritage in ChinaChina's important agricultural and cultural heritage), South Korea is also promoting national agricultural and fishery heritage (농가 유산 ・ 어업 유산) as a domestic policy.
- ^ FAO Japanese version site uses this translation[PR 1]..This translation is also used on sites in Hakui City and Kumamoto Prefecture.[PR 2][PR 3]
- ^ Also known as GIAHS, which is an acronym for Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems..
- ^ This translation is used on the Wajima City website, Hokkoku Shimbun, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, etc.[PR 4].. Other,World Important Agricultural Cultural AssetsWas sometimes translated as.
- ^ General abbreviation..Initially, Sado City used the notation "Globally Important Agricultural Assets System" or "Globally Important Agricultural Assets", but after the discussion meeting on May 2011, 5, it was changed to "Globally Important Agricultural Heritage". There is.
- ^ a b "Special Feature 1 Globally Important Agricultural Heritage (1)”. Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. 2013th of February 5Browse.
- ^ a b c d e Naoya Mizukoshi (December 2015, 12). “Certified“ Ayu of the Clear Stream Nagara River ”World Agricultural Heritage is widely evaluated for fishing methods and culture”. Chunichi Shimbun (Chunichi Shimbun): p. Morning edition 5
- ^ a b Yasuyuki Watanabe (December 2015, 12). ““ Ayu from the Nagara River ”World Agricultural Heritage”. Chunichi Shimbun (Chunichi Shimbun): p. Morning edition 1
- ^ “Noto no Satoyama“ I want to live ”Terrace landscape acclaimed World Agricultural Heritage Certification and FAO Director and others inspected Mikohara, Hakui City”. Hokoku newspaper(November 2011, 6). オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2014, 10. 2013th of February 5Browse.
- ^ “Sado and Noto Registered as Globally Important Agricultural Heritage United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization”. Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2011, 6) 2013th of February 5Browse.
- ^ "Certified" Shizuoka Tea Grass Field "as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Site". Chunichi Shimbun(July 2013, 5) 2013th of February 5Browse. [Broken link]
- ^ "(PDF)”. United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies. 2013th of February 5Browse.
- ^ Globally Important Agricultural Heritage: Reflecting on Large-scale Interview with Senior Vice President of United Nations University Takeuchi Mainichi NewspapersAugust 25, 8 Tokyo version
- ^ Overview of Globally Important Agricultural HeritageFAO Liaison Office in Japan
- ^ Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries announces "GI mark", a registered mark of the geographical indication protection system starting in JuneIntellectual Property Information Bureau
- ^ To establish "Japanese Agricultural Heritage" = Utilize for cultural inheritance and regional promotion-Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Newsletter2016th of February 3[Broken link]
Primary materials such as public relations materials and press releases
- ^ a b "Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System (GIAHS)”. FAO. As of June 2013, 6オ リ ジ ナ ル[Broken link]More archives.2013th of February 5Browse.
- ^ "Certified by the Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System (GIAHS)”. Hakui City (September 2011, 9). As of October 21, 2014オ リ ジ ナ ル[Broken link]More archives.2013th of February 5Browse.
- ^ "Making Aso a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Site-Maintaining Aso Grasslands and Sustainable Agriculture-”. Kumamoto Prefecture (January 2013, 3). 2013th of February 5Browse.[Broken link]
- ^ "World Agricultural Heritage "Noto no Satoyama Satoumi"”. Wajima City (April 2013, 4). 2013th of February 6Browse.
- ^ Singapore / Malaysia: Warning about smoke damage (haze) - Ministry of Foreign AffairsOverseas safety homepage
- Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS) -Official website(English)
- FAO Japan Office GIAHS Page
- COP10 Towards Nagoya: Satoyama and World Important Agricultural Cultural Assets[Broken link](PDF file), United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies (UNU-IAS)- United Nations University
- World Agricultural Heritage "Noto no Satoyama Satoumi" Information Portal
- About "World Agricultural Heritage (GIAHS)" certification for the first time in Japan for "Noto no Satoyama Satoumi" --Ishikawa Prefecture Homepage
- GIAHS (Globally Important Agricultural Heritage) --Sado City Homepage
Stationary net(Sometimes called techiami, fixed fishing net, simply fixed net or set net)Set net fishingFixed type used forFishing gearA kind of.The small ones are also aquatic organism research instruments..
Bag-shaped orHedgeStateFishing netIt consists of stakes and ropes that fix and detain it in a certain place on the seabed.The school of fish that stays inside the fishing net, which is the main part of the fishing gear, can be pulled up together with the net, or from the ship.GillnetCapture with.
Fisheries lawIn the case of set net fishing, set nets installed in the sea area at a depth of 27 m or more are used.However, there are now some fixed nets that are installed at a depth of 100 m or more, which is much deeper.
There is a fixed net of research equipment that catches moving fish and aquatic insects by installing it in a waterway etc. in a small one.