KKStream Releases Asia Pacific Streaming Industry Insights Report, Introducing B2B ...
If you write the contents roughly
Streaming is no longer just synonymous with the entertainment media industry, but now in the financial, technology, education and even traditional industries, audio and video streaming technology is being used for omnidirectional communication and the flow of digital transformation. We are leading the era of rapid change by grasping and connecting with the world.
AsiaNet 92575 KKStream, enterprise streaming demand in Asia Pacific 2021… → Continue reading
Kyodo News PR Wire
Kyodo PR wire, which distributes press releases and news releases, connects information from "who wants to know" to "people who want to know."
This is a site that consumers should pay attention to, where news releases from major governments and government agencies including local governments and universities are gathered.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Digital transformation(British: Digital transformation; DT or DX) Means "ITThe permeation of people will change people's lives for the better in every way. "Digital shiftHas the same meaning.2004 Toスウェーデン OfUmeå UniversityAllegedly advocated by professor Eric Stortermann.Advance Your CareerAlthough the definition and interpretation of terms are ambiguous, they are generally "companiesTechnologyUse (IT) to fundamentally change business performance and scope. "It is used in the sense of IT.
In addition, this term is "DXHowever, since it means "Trans" in "Transformation", "X" is used to represent the intersection with one letter.Taken the acronymDTAloneI get stuck with programming terms[Need explanation]Therefore, it became an abbreviation for DX.. AlsoEnglish-speaking countriesThis is because it is common to abbreviate the "trans" part of "transformation" as "X"..
Definition by Eric Stolterman
Digital transformationThe first appearance of the word2004 Erik Stolterman, a professor at Umeå University in Sweden, proposed in "Information Technology and the Good Life".Storterman defines that "the penetration of IT will change people's lives for the better in every way," and presents the following characteristics:.
- Digital transformation will bring about a gradual fusion of information technology and reality.
- Digital objects become the basic material of physical reality. For example, a designed object has the ability to inform a human about changes in his environment or behavior via a network.
- As an inherent challenge, today's information system researchers need to develop more fundamental approaches, methods and techniques for information technology research.
A paper showing the concept proposed by Stortermann states, "This paper is an attempt to establish an appropriate research position as a starting point for research that can critically examine technology for a better life." Because of this, the content describes the approach and methodology for research.
Definition by IDC Japan
A third platform (cloud, mobility, big data / Create value and gain a competitive advantage by transforming the online and real customer experience (experience, experience) through new products and services and new business models using analytics and social technologies To establish
Also, ITplatformIt is explained using the concept of.
- First platform:main frame/ Terminal system
- First platform:Client/server system
- First platform:ク ラ ウ ド-big data/Analytics, social technology, mobility
And investing in this will dominate the growth of the IT market over the five years from 2017 and is expected to be a priority for IT suppliers.This definition isMinistry of Economy, Trade and IndustryGuidelines for promoting DXBut it is quoted.
Definition by Gartner
Gartner(Gartner) uses the concept of "digital business."
According to Gartner, there are three levels of IT usage within a company.
- Business process transformation
- Connect and integrate businesses with companies and people
- It is natural that people / things / businesses are directly connected by fusing the virtual and physical worlds, and the relationship with customers changes instantly.
Gartner calls this third stage state digital business and defines it as "a new business design that fuses the virtual and physical worlds and transforms processes and industry movements through the Internet of Things (IoT).".
In addition, this process of reforming the digital business is defined as "digital business transformation.".
Definition by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry defines DX as follows in the "DX Promotion Guidelines".
Companies respond to drastic changes in the business environment, utilize data and digital technology to transform products, services, and business models based on the needs of customers and society, as well as the business itself, organizations, processes, and corporate culture.・ To change the climate and establish a competitive advantage.
Definition by Digital Transformation Laboratory Co., Ltd.
Digital Transformation Laboratory Co., Ltd. defines it as follows.
What is Digital Transformation?
1. Predict the dramatically changing industrial structure and new competitive principles with the progress of digital technology
2. Leverage your core competencies to develop positions and strategies that can be reached faster than other companies
3. Creation of new values and services for strategic realization, business and organizational transformation, awareness and institutional reformTo carry out from a management perspective.
In political, business, trade, industry and media discourse,Digitization "Turn analog information into digital formatConvert""Technical processIs defined.Electrical engineeringSo, it has been used for a long timeDigitalizationThe term has a similar meaning and is still used in this sense.In many cases,Analog-digital converterElectronic devices called, for exampleImage scannerAnd soundsampling(For example, musicsampling) And used for sampling measurement data.This term ispen tabletIt may also refer to manual information digitization, such as illustrations using.digitalizationIs technically described as generating a series of numbers that represent signals, images, sounds, and objects, expressed as discrete values, and expressed as binary numbers...For example, digitization has been introduced into telecommunications networks since the 1970s to improve call quality, response time, network capacity, cost effectiveness, and sustainability.
Digitalization (industry or organization)
Unlike digitization,DigitalizationIs a technologically-induced change in an "organizational process" or "business process" within an industry, organization, market, etc...Due to the digitalization of the manufacturing industryInternet of Things, Industrialインターネット,Industry 4.0,Machine to machineCommunication,Artificial intelligence,Machine visionMany of today's new production processes and phenomena have become possible.Business and organizational digitalization is a new business model (FreemiumEtc.), newE-governmentservice,Electronic payment,Office automation, Paperless office process,Smartphone,Web application,Cloud service,Electronic authentication,Block chain,Electronic contract,Cryptocurrency,big dataIt was usedBusiness intelligenceIt was created using technologies such as.Educational digitizatione-learningとTrailerCreated a course.The academic debate surrounding digitalization has been a challenge due to the lack of a clear definition of the phenomenon...Digitalization was generally misunderstood as meaning more IT use to harness digital technology and data.However, this early definition has now been largely replaced by the above definition.
(Social) digital transformation
Finally,Digital transformation"To the whole society of digitalization影響Is explained..Digitization enables the process of digitalization, existing business models, consumption patterns, socio-economic structures, legal and policy measures, organizational patterns, cultural barriersBrings the opportunity to transform and change the digitality of society itself..Digitization (technical transformation), digitalization (business process), and digital transformation (impact) will accelerate the global process of existing and ongoing social change..
Cannot create business
Convert existing system to black box
As existing existing systems become obsolete, complicated, and black-boxed, even if a new digital technology is introduced, the utilization and cooperation of data will be limited, so the effect will be limited. There is a problem such as. In addition, if the existing system is left unattended, maintenance and maintenance costs will continue to rise (increase in technical debt), human resources who can maintain and maintain the existing system will be exhausted, and security risks will increase..
Acquisition of skills
The most common issue in digital transformation was “acquisition of appropriate technical skills”. The top three reasons why executives listed that they couldn't improve their skills were "lack of time", "no structure for training", and "no knowledge of organization"...As a means of acquiring digital transformationCross-border job changeIs on the increase.
Cooperation with the outside
For non-IT companies and local governments, there is resistance to digital in the first place, and there are many organizations that are doing business processing on paper or throwing it to SIer.Therefore, it may be difficult to accurately send the upstream process to the vendor...This is because IT was not a core business but a cost department for non-IT companies.. Open innovationIn many cases, this is achieved through cooperation between non-IT industries and IT companies..
Changes in IT platform infrastructure
In a 2011 speech, Gartner said, "The four platforms of cloud, information, social and mobile are evolving independently, and in a few years of research they have converged, making existing architectures obsolete. "Warning.This was summarized as "(Nodule of Power)" in 2012 and proposed as a new IT platform..
Digital transformation has become a focus of attention as part of gaining a market advantage by utilizing these IT platforms.
JapanThen, it was enforced in 2005.e-Document LawHas allowed the preservation of documents that were required to be saved on paper (such as the Securities and Exchange Law, Commercial Code, and Corporate Tax Law) as digitalized data. Also established in 1998Electronic book preservation methodThen,National Tax AgencyHas jurisdictionincome tax,Corporate taxIt is permitted to save the documents and books related to the tax law such as the above in the form of digitized data. With the enforcement of the e-Document Law in 2005, the law allowed unprecedented preservation of paper documents in a scanner (scanner preservation system). From 2015, the electronic signature and the amount limitation will be abolished.Smartphone,Digital cameraTaken atreceiptDeregulation was carried out, such as making electronic storage possible.
DX propulsion system guidelines
2018 years,Ministry of Economy, Trade and IndustryGuidelines for Promoting DX Established by the Study Group for Digital Transformation in JapanIs.The official name is "Guidelines for Utilizing New Digital Technology and Renewing Legacy Systems to Promote DX". From the typical pattern of DX failure, we will show the approach and necessary actions for building an IT system to realize DX.
2018 composition plan
- Positioning of DX
- Relationship between business strategy and DX
- Realization of business model and value creation of business
- Sharing strategic policy with internal organization
- Change that enables speedy response
- System for examining basic concept of IT system
- Top management commitment
- Mindset in utilizing new digital technology
- Business unit ownership
- User company's own selection and judgment ability
- User company's own requirement definition ability
- Evaluation and governance system
- Execution process
- Analysis and evaluation of information assets
- Information asset sorting and migration planning
- System after renewal of legacy: ability to follow change
- Project management by management
- Continue DX initiatives
In November 2018, Gartner Japan Co., Ltd. advocates adopting the “Continuous Next” approach. The following five items are listed as what the CIO should address.
- Policies -Assign a person in charge of the privacy management program to promptly detect and report security breaches and allow individuals to control their own data.
- Extended intelligence -Collaborate with advanced AI-based systems, processes and robotics to empower employees to be more influential.
- Organizational culture -46% of CIOs are the biggest barriers to organizational culture's ability to realize the potential of digital business. However, it is not necessary to implement the organizational culture change as a large-scale effort, and the reform is not always difficult.
- Product management -Gartner's 2019 CIO Agenda Survey reveals that advanced companies are twice as likely to implement product-centric rather than project-centric delivery compared to other companies.
- Digital twin -Digital twins are often used to manage physical things such as jet engines and wind turbines through sensors and computer modeling.
The transition to digital is destroying existing operating models, both public and private.The new model will also be valuable to the organization and require a system that can adapt to change.
"Interim Report of the Study Group for Accelerating Digital Transformation" released by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry on December 2020, 12According to "As a result of analyzing the status of efforts to promote DX in about 500 companies,It is clear that more than XNUMX% of the companies are not working on DX at all (DX not started companies) or only sporadically implemented (DX developing companies)became."We have to recognize that the DX efforts of all Japanese companies are at a completely inadequate level."
In addition, this result is partly due to the fact that the concept of DX is not correctly understood by companies.
DX cases of non-IT companies and local governments
Examples of non-IT companies working on DX tend to lead to completely new business models and new services.In the manufacturing industry, new fields are being created by combining data sensed from connected cars with sensors and internet connection functions and smart home appliances with WEB services, and there is a movement to utilize it as a new business...In the distribution industry, it is important to be able to switch from "selling goods" to "selling things", and the issue is whether it is possible to switch from distribution to sales to Internet services..
As a leading Japanese company, Komatsu will promote the digitization of construction sitesIn Kotoya Taxi DXJapan trafficEtc. are developing their own apps. Ministry of Economy, Trade and IndustryとTokyo Stock ExchangeHas selected DX brands as DX advanced companies.. As DX progresses, the importance of ultra-upstream processes of user companies is increasing., VMO (Vendor Management Office), which can plan and manage software to be developed instead of throwing it to an external vendor, is becoming more important.. DeNAとNissan MotorCollaborate to develop autonomous driving, In the local governmentKanagawaInvites LINE executive officers to digitize as CIO (Chief Information Officer) and CDO (Chief Information Officer)..In addition, non-IT companies may hire people from other industries to acquire know-how.Cross-border job changeCalled.Among the companies that are making advanced effortsIT study sessionThere are also examples of non-IT companies doing this online.
- ^ O'Donnell, Jim (March 2017, 3). “IDC says get on board with the DX economy or be left behind". techtarget.com. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b Eric Stolterman, Anna Croon Fors. “Information Technology and The Good Life”. Umeo University. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Clint Boulton. “Disruption is at the heart of digital transformation”. Nikkei Business Publications, Inc .. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Why DX for digital transformation?Explaining meanings, definitions, and examples | HR University". HRBrain | HRBrain. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ What is the definition of digital transformation (DX)?Introducing success stories --One Marketing website, viewed November 2020, 11.
- ^ a b Insight for D. “[Explanation] Digital transformation (November 2017, 11)”. Yahoo Japan Corporation .. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c d Study Group for Digital Transformation. “Report of the study group for digital transformation "DX Report-Overcoming the IT system "cliff of 2025" and full-scale development of DX-"”. Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Business + IT. “What is Gartner's digital business?Everything changes with drastic technological innovation (November 2014, 11)”. SB Creative. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ https://www.gartner.com/it-glossary/digital-business-transformation
- ^ a b c d Khan, Shahyan (2 June 2017). Leadership in the Digital Age – a study on the effects of digitalization on top management leadership ( (Thesis). Stockholm Business School.Retrieved January 2017, 6.
- ^ Chew, Eng (2015-07-01). “Value Co-creation in the Organizations of the Future”. IT Leadership in Transition-The Impact of Digitalization on Finish Organizations. ISBN 978-952-60-6243-3. ISSN 1799-490X.
- ^ Cochoy, Hagberg, Peterson McIntyre, Sörum (2017) Digitalizing Consumption. How devices shape consumer culture. Routledge.
- ^ Bowen, Jonathan P .; Giannini, Tula (2014). “Digitalism: The New Realism?”. EVA London 2014 Conference Proceedings. Electronic Workshops in Computing (eWiC) (): 324–331. two:10.14236 / ewic / eva2014.38.
- ^ DZNetJapan. “What is the reality of digital transformation? --PwC Announces Annual Survey”. ASAHI INTERACTIVE. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Increasing "cross-border" job changes, "cross-border recruitment ability" required of young and elderly people who are oriented toward "different industries x different occupations"
- ^ Reasons why a project cannot be "thrown" (Part 3)-Ideal relationship between a company and SI-(page XNUMX)
- ^ [https://wirelesswire.jp/2020/11/78176/ The biggest issue of Japanese DX is people selection 2020.11.26]
- ^ How to secure and nurture IT human resources required in the DX era To tackle development in-house production and DevOps migration for non-IT companies 2018.1.30 Hideyuki Mori (IT Leaders editorial department)
- ^ How to proceed with digital transformation (DX) utilizing open innovation ByPORT editorial department January 2021, 1
- ^ Gartner. “Gartner Says Nexus of Forces Social, Mobile Cloud and Information-Is the Basis of the Technology Platform of the Future”. Gartner. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ IBM. “IT infrastructure approach for the next generation”. IBM. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "What are e-Document Law and Electronic Book Preservation Law?". Information Governance Laboratory. Open text. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ GartnerJapan. “Gartner advocates new approach “Continuous Next” for successful digital transformation and further evolution”. Gartner. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "We have compiled the interim report "DX Report 2 (interim report)" of the study group for accelerating digital transformation.”. Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "DX Report 1 Interim Report (Summary) XNUMX. Background of the study and scope of discussion”. Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b Offensive DX of companies without technology --- Destructive growth hidden in non-IT and non-digital companies Satoshi Uchiyama (Author) P126-127
- ^ Komatsu "Smart Construction" Promotes DX Introduced to Over 1 Construction Sites System Flow and Reasons for Adopting AWS Published June 4, 2021 By Yoji Kozaki
- ^ Taxi dispatch app "GO" starts today with Nihon KotsuDeNAIntegrated vehicle dispatch business
- ^ Business transformation seen in the proof of advanced companies "DX brand 2020" [Part XNUMX]
- ^ Reasons why "ultra-upstream" is becoming more important in system development in the DX era Takatsugu Shimoda Nomura Research Institute
- ^ What is "VMO (Vendor Management Office)", a mechanism that supports companies in the DX era?
- ^ Amazing evolution in the second demonstration experiment --- Nissan and DeNA autonomous driving "Easy Ride"
- ^ Kanagawa Prefecture, new department LINE executive officer directs to digital promotion
- Information revolution
- Information society
- Disruptive technology
- Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Industry 4.0
- Society 5.0 - Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)Associated as part of.
- Digital Agency
- Digital Government
- Open innovation —— Often talked about from the perspective of open innovation regarding the introduction of DX know-how and technology that the company does not have.
- 5rd generation mobile communication system(5G)
- Information about DX conversion in software