A living foliage plant specialty store that does not use soil "Midori no Ha Kanon (Heart)" at Odakyu Department Store Shinjuku 5/11 ...
If you write the contents roughly
The main target is women working in the metropolitan area with the concept of "shopping as if walking in the city", and it is a commercial facility that has a high affinity with the interior proposals made by living foliage plants proposed by Midori no Hagane.
Diane Service Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Meguro-ku, Tokyo, CEO: Yoro Saeki) is pleased to announce the next generation of soil "Puff Cal" ... → Continue reading
Atpress is a pioneer in the distribution of press releases.
We handle a wide range of genres of news, from tourism and gourmet to entertainment and gadgets.
It is packed with the latest information that can be delivered faster than anywhere else because @Press, which distributes press releases to TV, magazines, web media, etc. and is strong in SNS!
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Ornamental plants are a type of ornamental plant, Many of them熱 帯-SubtropicalIt is a native plant..However, some temperate plants that grow naturally in Japan are also treated as Japanese foliage plants..
Houseplants are generally pots..It is mainly placed indoors, in addition to homes, in hotel lobbies, beauty salons, restaurants and other stores, and offices.
History of foliage plants
In ancient times, plants that remained green all year round were considered a symbol of longevity and prosperity, and were often actually planted in gardens.Also, so-called in temperate regionsLaurel forestThere are many plants with beautiful leaves in the belt and sclerophyll belt, and it has been an object of ornamental since ancient times.Located in the latterAncient greeceThen.AcanthusI loved the beauty of the leaves and cultivated them.Also in Japan, which is located in the formerSakakiEtc. are religiously important, and in the Edo period,MapleFrom a tree likeOmoto,Wild gingers,Manryoな どShrub,HerbIt became popular to appreciate plants with beautiful leaves, and many mutations were collected.They areClassical garden plantIt is said that.1799/Already in OmotoNumberingHas been published.Some of the rare varieties were expensive and traded.1827/Is the world's first specialized book on leaf-changing plants, "(Somokuki Hinkami)", followed by1829/Has been published in.Of course, even in ordinary householdsShinobuThe foliage culture existed on a daily basis in Japanese cities, such as hanging the leaves and enjoying the green leaves.ButtonIs in europecabbageWas improved for foliage in Japan during the Edo period.
On the other hand in EuropeAge of DiscoverySince then, it has invaded the world and plants have been collected from all over the world.Many of them are tropical plants, and some have beautiful leaves.温室Will be cultivated with the development of.19st centuryToIndustrial revolutionWith the progress ofGlass,鉄By enabling mass production of materials温室Began to spread, whilePlant hunterBrought to us a huge variety of plants, including tropical plantsAlpine plantCultivation became widespread.Also generalbuildingThe heavy use of glass has made it brighter, creating an environment where plants can be placed indoors for a long period of time.EspeciallyVictorian OfUKThen.smogforcityEnvironmentDeteriorated, and the momentum for cultivating plants indoors increased.At this timeFernWas especially loved.AlsoBakumatsuからMeiji RestorationIt is believed that some leafy horticultural plants were brought from Japan in the early days, which spurred the foliage culture. 19th centuryFranceThen,Caradium,ゼ ラ ニ ウ ムBreeding began by paying attention to the changes in the leaves.This seems to be the beginning of leaf breeding in Western horticulture.Since then, it has become popular to cultivate beautiful plants with tropical and subtropical leaves mainly indoors, and it has come to this day.
Management of foliage plants
The temperature suitable for the growth of foliage plants varies depending on the type of plant such as the place of origin and the native condition, and also depends on the individual growth conditions such as light, water and fertilizer...In general, the winter temperature in Japan is too low for the growth of foliage plants, so warming and heat retention are necessary...Humidity is preferably around 70% -80 &, but some types are resistant to drying..
As a pest, in pests,Scale insect,Aphids,Spider mitesEtc. may occur, so it is necessary to control it...In addition, it is easy to get brown spot disease and anthrax, so prevention is necessary..
Typical foliage plant
- Asian tam()
- GinkgoMany leaves are shaped like leaves.It has become wild in various parts of southern Japan.Slightly vulnerable to drying.
- Areca palm(Palm family）
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.euNative.Since it has large leaves, it is often placed in hotel lobbies.
- Rubber fig(Moraceae）
- India-Originally from the Assam region.Thick and round leaves are well known.Slightly vulnerable to drying.
- Orizurulan(Lily family）
- South AfricaNative.It increases while giving out runners, and white flowers bloom around the offspring.The plant itself is quite strong, but as soon as it dries, the tips of the leaves begin to die, so diligent care is required.
- Originally the Latin name Sansevieria of the genus Sansevieria, but usually the scientific nameSansevieria trifasciataTo say.This plant is native to the arid regions of Africa.The Japanese name is Chitoceran.A popular variety is a series of long leaves with striped spots, which is sometimes called "Tranoo".Resistant to dryness and lack of sunlight.SansevieriaAlso called.
- Chef Rera(Araliaceae)
- ChugokuFrom the southTaiwanNative. Well known as "Hong Kong Kapok", it is a foliage plant that is often found in stores and gardens.It is very durable, and even if it is planted outside in southern Japan, it will survive the winter.
- Central AmericaNative.It features dark green, glossy leaves, yellow flowers, and white Buddhist bracts.The leaves wilt as soon as they dry.Leaves tend to burn when exposed to sunlight.
- Widely distributed in Africa, Asia, and the United States, there are many types such as "Dragon tree," "Aowanecki," and "Tree of happiness."There are many plants in the arid area, and they do not die without a little watering.Among the types of DracaenaDracaena SanderianaAlso known as "Mannentake" or "Million Bamboo", it is very easy to grow because the roots come out just by putting the cuttings in water.However, it is vulnerable to the cold.
- Native to Brazil.Long leaves radiate around the stem.Since it can absorb the water accumulated in the center, it is better to water not only the soil but also the center of the stem when watering. There are varieties such as "Flandria" and "Tricolor".
- It is native to Central America and is also called "Guiana Chestnut".The leaves grow in a circle.It's relatively strong, but it quickly grows tall, so you need to be careful not to knock down small potted plants.
- Southeast AsiaNative,FIGAnd closely related to rubber figs.It features white bark and small glossy leaves.A clean appearance is preferred, but leaves fall off as soon as they become dry or lack sunlight.
- One of the most popular foliage plants with beautiful heart-shaped leaves.There are lime, green, and green with white variegation.In addition to attracting with a hego stick that supports it because it grows like a vine, it is often used as a hanging pot.Since each leaf has a root at the base, it will take about a month to root and sprout if it is cut into 2 to 3 nodes and watered.Breeding is possible by planting this.It has strong darkness and cold resistance and has vitality.
- Native to Central America.It is a vine plant, and it has a name because it looks like a monster because its large leaves have holes and cuts.
- A general term for a group of varieties created by crossing with other species based on Begonia rex native to the foot of the Himalayas to Southeast Asia.It is this hybrid that is commonly available.The flowers are less noticeable than other begonia, but some are relatively yellow, which is rare for begonia.
- Of course, the leaves are even more eye-catching, the colors are red, black, silver, green, etc. appearing on one leaf in various combinations, and the shape is also a general asymmetric heart shape, swirling like a snail. Some are wrapped in black, and some are divided into several leaves at the tip of the petiole, reminiscent of palms.
How to enjoy foliage plants
Like a typical garden plant,flower potEnjoy planting in.In some cases, a single species is planted in one pot, but in other cases, multiple species are "group planted" in one pot.
Hydroponics using foamed stone (hydroball), charcoal, hygienic artificial soil / gravel that is hard to get dirty, silicon balls, etc.There are various styles such as potted plants and terrariums.It doesn't get dirty with mud and is hard to get insects, so you can enjoy it indoors.Therefore, it is a popular style in recent years.
Terrarium is a method of enjoying plants mainly in glass containers.Small animals may be included in addition to plants.Multiple species rather than single speciesGroup plantingIn many cases, it imitates the natural landscape.
AquariumとTerrariumEquipment that imitates the waterside environment with the synthetic word of. Since the "waterside" is often reproduced with an "artificial light source", species that are resistant to moisture and have strong negative resistance are often used.
- ^ a b c d e f g h Ornamental plant series --Hiroshima Botanical Garden (accessed August 2021, 8)
- ^ a b c d e f Japan Flower Promotion Center, "Flower Business Q & A-Basic Knowledge of Flower Industry-" Gihodo Publishing, 1994, p. 52
- ^ a b Japan Flower Promotion Center, "Flower Business Q & A-Basic Knowledge of Flower Industry-" Gihodo Publishing, 1994, p. 43