Do you lose if you don't know? !!I can't tell you at school or at work!Tax story for freelance [Katsuyuki Bito's ...
If you write the contents roughly
If a tax accountant also works as a sole proprietor, he will be freelance in a broad sense.
"What do you pay for taxes in the first place?" "How much does it cost?" "Is there a way to save taxes?" "What is a tax return?" → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Small-scale management with only one business owner, only family members, or a small number of employees is common, but there are no restrictions and it is not impossible to run a large-scale business entity.employmentThose who have beenOffice workerIs not a sole proprietor, but a non-employed contract (business contract), a contractor who makes a delivery, an agency, etc.Contract,DelegationThose who are subordinate to the business of others are classified as sole proprietors because they are independent businesses.
In the Consumption Tax Act Basic Circular 1-1-1,business personIs defined as a person who conducts business independently in his / her own calculation.,Consumption tax lawArticle 2, Paragraph 1, Item 3 defines a sole proprietorship as an individual who conducts business.The expression is used as a sole proprietor rather than a sole proprietor.
As a customary way of sayingSelf-employed personAlso called. Most self-employedIncorporationWhile it is customary to call it that way, sole proprietors are limited to doing business from an individual standpoint (without becoming a corporation)..
Occupation is sole proprietorship
If you do business as an individual, you become a sole proprietor.Side jobBut he is a sole proprietor.For example, if you start a business that sells a product purchased for 100 yen each for 200 yen, and if you do business continuously and repeatedly, you will become a sole proprietor.Also,BlogAtaffiliateincome,Auction siteIf you have income from using such things, you will become a sole proprietor.Business incomeIf you fall under the above, you need to submit a business start notification form for the sole proprietorship., The sole proprietor of the side businessOther incomeCorresponds to, Not covered by the business start notification form.As you can see, the hurdles for becoming a sole proprietor are quite low.
Also, in general, sole proprietorsLtd.It is very often used for occupational spoofing because it is sometimes mistaken for the owner of the company. If the profession of an acquaintance or dating partner is self-employed, it is necessary to confirm what kind of work it is. Also, in the case of annual income, it is necessary to confirm whether it is annual sales (sales) or income (profit, taxable income) (in the case of low profit and high sales or industries with poor profit margins, it is actually a sole proprietor Incoming profits are often extremely small compared to sales). In addition, it should be notedtalentEtc.entertainerIs "individualThe officeHowever, it is often a company organization while calling it an individual... In this case, it is not a sole proprietor but a corporate owner.
Differences between sole proprietors and corporate owners
Many people confuse the sole proprietorship with the president of a joint-stock company, but this is not a mistake. Since the sole proprietor has not established a company, it is originally a companyThe presidentAlthough it is not, the title may be called the president (it is illegal to call it the representative director)... The president (corporate manager) of a company is not a sole proprietor, but is usually called the president, a company officer, or a company manager.
- Unlike corporate owners, there is no salary for sole proprietors. Net business profit is the sole proprietor's share (compensation).
- Under Japanese tax law, sole proprietors12/31The income and expenditure settlement is summarized with the settlement date as the settlement date, and the following year3/15untilincome tax OfFinal returnBy the end of March of the same yearconsumption taxMake a final tax return (limited to taxable businesses).
In the case of a sole proprietor who is not a side business and does not receive a salary.
- Medical insurance-of your place of residenceNational Health InsuranceBecome a member of. People who run similar businesses gatherNational Health Insurance SocietyYou can also subscribe to.
- National pension --Become the first insured person (if you are between 1 and 20 years old).
- Workers' compensation insurance --Special subscription is permitted depending on the type of business.
- employment insurance --I can't join.
Sole proprietorLtd.,Partnership company,A limited company,Joint stock companyEstablished and started a businessCorporationTo become.The actual situation is the same as that of a sole proprietorship, but in addition to separating the business from personal assets / households, the external image and credibility, "Co., Ltd."DirectorIt may be incorporated to obtain a title such as ".
It is often incorporated in search of tax benefits.個人事業主の利益にはFor the benefit of sole proprietorsincome taxIs imposed, whereas corporationsCorporate taxIs imposed.Income tax is calculated by excess progressive tax, so the more profit you make, the more tax you will be deducted, while the corporate tax rate is almost constant, so if your income exceeds a certain level, the corporation will have an advantage.Corporate maintenance costs (registration·tax·Social insuranceHowever, if you have income that greatly exceeds the level at which corporate tax is advantageous, you can still enjoy the benefits of paying maintenance costs.
Example of sole proprietorship in Japan
For example, BankingThere are some businesses that are not allowed unless you are a corporation, but you can do any business unless there are legal restrictions.主なものとしては以下がある（もちろん、個人事業主ではなく被雇用者としてその業についている者もいるが、各種The main ones are as follows (of course, there are some who are engaged in the business as employees instead of sole proprietors, but variousProfession,DoctorIn the case of athletes and entertainers, they are not called sole proprietors, but are usually called by their profession).
The sole proprietor is a company owner or a salaryman among those who work.Civil servantButPart-time jobIt is said that there is a huge difference in occupation and annual income because it is a person who is not.一般的に、個人事業主にはGenerally for sole proprietorsEmployee WelfareIs not prepared,Final returnWork and with business partnersscam,LawsuitIt is a very risky way of working because one person also has the risk of.However, since all profits belong to oneself, it is also a way of working with a large return when successful.
Incidentally,Grand Sumo OfWrestler TheJapan Sumo AssociationA member of the Japan Sumo Association (Japan Sumo Association)Articles of IncorporationArticle 49), rather in terms of welfare, etc.WorkerIt is close to and does not correspond to a sole proprietor.
- VariousConstruction industry-Single master-建築 家・ Paint shop
- VariousManufacturing industry-Artists-Designer
- Various distribution industriesretailWorkRestaurant business(Store owner) ・Service industry-Inn business
- VariousTransportation industry-Private taxi
- VariousFinancial industry
- hospital-ClinicTo openpractitioner(One-person doctor medical corporationExcept)
- PractitionerManageNari-A cousin-Anma Massage Shiatsu-Judo reduction teacher
- animal HospitalManageVeterinarian
- Drug store-Dispensing pharmacyManagepharmacist(Store owner)
- Barber shopManageBarber(Store owner)
- Beauty salonManageHairdresser
- Writing businessRelationship
- News reportRelationship
- Professional sportsRelationship
- ProfessionalShogi player-Go playerWait
- fortune teller
- Others (mainly dedicated to a specific company, but do not have an employment contract and for a full commissionBusiness income,Other incomeWhat is classified as)
- Insurance sales representative / insurance sales representative (mainlyLife insurance company）
- Securities sales representative(mainlySecurities-Securities company）
- Meter reader, collector (NHK, Electric power / gas companies, etc.)
- Delivery / sales staff
- Handing out flyers
- Work continuation support type B user
Name-only business owner
The name-only business owner is the company sideDelegationAgreement,ContractA worker who is treated as a sole proprietor who works at his / her own discretion, but whose work location, time, work procedure, etc. are actually managed by the company.
Labor Standards Act,Minimum wage lawIt may be claimed that it is not covered by the above, but regardless of the form, if there is an actual employment relationship,Industrial accidentApplication of various insurance, regulation of long working hours, etc.overtimePayment of charges, etc.WorkerCan receive legal protection as.
- ^ What is a sole proprietor?Sumobiba! (Yayoi, dated October 2018, 10)
- ^ Section 1 Tax obligations of sole proprietors | National Tax Agency
- ^ Differences in definition of sole proprietorship and self-employedBiZPARK
- ^ [Procedure name] Procedures for notification of opening and closing of private business | National Tax Agency
- ^ No.1500 Miscellaneous Income (National Tax Agency)
- ^ Introducing the talents who set up private offices and their merits at once!ModelNAVI (delivered on May 2016, 5)
- ^ Is there a rule for the title (position) of the business card of the sole proprietor?Entree STYLE MAGAZINE (delivered on November 2018, 11)