Rikkyo University Faculty of Law Department of International Business Law April 2022 "Global Course" opened
If you write the contents roughly
In addition, students of this course will be dispatched with priority to the "Oxford Summer Program," in which students study Western culture and English law while spending four weeks of summer vacation in a dormitory at Oxford University.
November 2020, 11 To all members of the press at Rikkyo University Rikkyo University Faculty of Law (Toshima-ku, Tokyo, Dean: Ariyoshi Ogawa) is 26 ... → Continue reading
Kyodo News PR Wire
Kyodo PR wire, which distributes press releases and news releases, connects information from "who wants to know" to "people who want to know."
This is a site that consumers should pay attention to, where news releases from major governments and government agencies including local governments and universities are gathered.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Oxford University(University of Oxford)UK OfUniversity city,OxfordLocated inUniversity.11st centurySince the foundation of the university was built at the end of, the world's third oldest existing university,English-speaking countriesThen it is the oldest university. In addition, variousWorld University RankingSelected as the 1st place university (for example, in “Times Higher Education”, 2017st place for 4 consecutive years from 1),Harvard University,Cambridge University,Stanford UniversityAnd so on, always at the top levelUniversityIt is one of the most prestigious universities in the world evaluated as.
A lot of leadership政治家,scholarIs producing. As of 2019, 28 politiciansBritish Prime Minister(Current Prime MinisterBoris JohnsonBesidesTheresa May,David Cameron,Tony Blair,Margaret ThatcherCountries such as 30)HeadAre from Oxford University. In addition, of 55Nobel PrizeWinner, Over 150OlympicHas produced medalists. It is also famous as a royal university, with sixBritish KingLearned from JapanEmperor Imakami,Empress Masako,Akishinomiya FumihitoLanoroyalAre studying abroad.
"OxbridgeAre listed asCambridge UniversityThe formation of many teachers and students who belonged to this university1209年ToCambridgeOriginated from moving to.. Both schoolsEnglish-speaking countries OfAncient university,Europe内 のMedieval universityBelonging to the group of British traditionsCollege systemIs a university characterized by. Entrance and graduation ceremonyLatinDone in.
The chief of university management isPresident(Vice-Chancellor)And as of 2019, President Louise Richardson.Honorary PresidentThe position called (Chancellor) is for lifeHonorary positionAnd as of 2016, the Honorary PresidentHong Kong GovernorServed asChristopher Patten.. The Deputy President (English: Pro Vice-Chancellor) is composed of 5 university teachers and student teachers and 7 college presidents, totaling 12 people.
The installation form is recognized as a public university in the English-speaking world. Legal basisBritish KingMust be a self-governing body founded by a charter, and receive a national treasury subsidy from the state through the University Finance Council (UFC), and the UFC has determined the size of the university and the proportion of science and science allocated. , The legal nature is obviously differentBuckingham UniversityDue to the recent establishment of a private university such as. However, it has a different interpretation from the history of spontaneous foundation, advanced university autonomy, the existence of colleges with unique assets and stable income, and the national and public universities in Japan.
Sometimes referred to as Oxford University.
The founding time of Oxford University is not well understood. Formal year of establishment as a university1167年However, it is believed that not all facilities were built at once, but gradually formed over a long period of time. As the oldest record,1096年There is an official record that lectures were being held in Oxford, and it is certain that at least during this period the university's predecessor educational facilities had been built.
- 1167年,Henry VBy a British studentUniversity of ParisAcademics gathered in Oxford after being forbidden to study in Oxford,ParisA university was formed by students migrating from. From this time, an early hall (dormitory) was established. These halls later developed into colleges (dormitories).
- 1209年The university was temporarily disbanded following the execution of two students who were accused of murder on murder, which led to the establishment of Cambridge University.
- 1214年,PopeSpecial Envoy Nicholas De Romanis (Niccolò de RomanisAs a result of negotiations, the university was authorized to reopen in Oxford.
- The status of this university1571年Was officially enacted by the Act for the Incorporation of Both Universities. Here, the official name of the university is "President of the University of Oxford,Master,andBachelor(The Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Oxford)".
Departments and colleges
The operation of a university is performed in parallel by a department and a college, and the college and department are interdependent in a complicated manner. There are 39 collegesAdmission to a university must be accepted and awarded by the collegeBachelor of ScienceIs also given by the university through a departmental examination and college certification. The college sends students to the department for lectures, while offering small tutoring of 3 or less students and medium-sized classes of 4 to 15 people, entrusted to the department when the specialty becomes stronger. To do. Undergraduate students have a strong dependence on colleges both in terms of education and life, but as graduate students increase the proportion of those who live outside the colleges, centering on research activities conducted in laboratories and libraries in the departments. Each college has its own wealth and stable income, and traditional assets areManor, It is a farm, and the share ratio has increased in recent years. A fellow who manages and manages college assetsCall.
As an organization equivalent to the faculty, there is a division (corresponding to the Japanese faculty, faculty, and faculty), and among them, department (close to the Japanese department). In some cases, the college may refer to a college in Japanese, but the college system at Oxford and Cambridge is of a different nature, and is sometimes called a dormitory or a college because it is different from the college system in the United States. This is a system in which many students and some faculty members sleep and eat together, and learn together there. Each college has its major field of specialty, but basically there are researchers and students from various academic fields.InterdisciplinaryIn a traditional environment. With all students, including graduate students,Postdoc ResearcherUniversity faculty members except those belong to both colleges and departments, but there are also positions unique to colleges and departments. Cambridge UniversityDurham UniversityIs a college that adopts the same type of college system, so every year, college-to-college sports events,Doox BridgeIs being held.
キ リ ス ト 教Many colleges have sectarian lines, especially in Christchurch.Church of EnglandOxfordparishIt is also the cathedral of the United Kingdom and is the only one in the university, and is characterized by being the smallest cathedral in Britain. Besides the AnglicanCatholicSystem (Trinity College, St. John's College),PresbyterianSystem (Harris Manchester College),BaptistSystem (Regent's Park College),EvangelicalThere are colleges such as church system (Wick Riff Hall) and permanent private halls. The autonomy and denominations of each college are closely linked, and in that respect they also have a private university element.
Of the United Kingdom, of EnglandUniversity city,OxfordSet up headquarters and college in the city. Each college can be regarded as a campus, but it is generally considered to include departments and central libraries. Also,Cambridge UniversityAs described in the section, if it means a school site, a site is used.
As a central institutionFaculty,libraryThere are scientific facilities, 39 colleges, and 7 halls (Permanent Private Halls; PPHs), and university faculty and students belong to either college or PPHs.There are also colleges that only accept graduate students and women-only colleges (St Hilda's) (St Hilda's2006年6/6Agreed to the future acceptance of men, co-education began in October 2007).St Hilda's College to admit men
Education takes the form of focusing on individual instruction as well as lectures, and especially undergraduate students receive education in a small group of about 1 to 1 to 5 per college. Lectures are given at the department level, and basically anyone who belongs to a university can listen. Although there are some differences depending on the field, there is basically no attendance of lectures. However, since the examination is conducted by the department (department) in line with the lecture, it is hard to say that it is a college-centered educational system.
There are five types of bachelor's degrees: First Class, Upper Second Class, Lower Second Class, Third Class, and Pass. In general subjects, the degree is determined by the results of a graduation examination called “Finals”. However, since the results of the course work such as the experiment report are also treated as one subject of the examination, there are many subjects for which the examination is not all.
Relationship with Japan
Collaboration between universities
Kwansei Gakuin University,Nara Prefectural UniversityThere are also colleges that have "exchange study agreements" with several universities, such as Oxford University, which is a language school that only uses college facilities as dormitories when undergraduate students are not enrolled outside the semester. However, it is not an exchange study system with university faculties and departments.
Sophia UniversityA summer program is offered every year under the agreement with. "economistInvite reporters who are active in 』as lecturers to learn about politics and media from the standpoint of theory and practice.Other British culture (ShakespeareThere is also a lecture on (including).
List of colleges
- For the college scarf colors see Oxbridge scarf colors.
Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.): Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (): Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Theology ():theologyBachelor
- Bachelor of Education ():PedagogyBachelor
Master's degree (Undergraduate, 4 years)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.):engineeringmaster's degree
- Master of Physics (M.Phys.):physicsmaster's degree
- Master of Chemistry (M.Chem.):Chemicalmaster's degree
- Master of Biochemistry (M.Biochem.):Biologymaster's degree
- Master of Mathematics (M.Math.):Mathmaster's degree
- Master of Earth Sciences (M.EarthSc.):Earth sciencemaster's degree
Master of Arts
- Master of Arts ():literaturemaster's degree
- Bachelor of Divinity (BD): Bachelor of Divinity
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (BM, B.Ch.):Medical scienceBachelor's degree,SurgeryBachelor
- Bachelor of Civil Law (BCL): Bachelor of Civil Law
- Bachelor of Letters (B.Litt.) (no longer awarded): Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) (no longer awarded): Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Music (B.Mus.):MusicologyBachelor
- Bachelor of Philosophy (B.Phil.) (only now awarded in Philosophy):哲学Bachelor
- Master of Surgery (M.Ch.) (10 years): Master of Surgery
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.): Master of Philosophy
- Master of Letters (M.Litt.): Master of Arts
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) (awarded by examination or by research):科学master's degree
- Magister Juris (M.Jur.):Jurisprudencemaster's degree
- Master of Studies (M.St.): Bachelor's degree
- Master of Theology (M.Th.): Bachelor of Theology
- Master of Business Administration (MBA):Master of Business Administration(Said Business School）
- Master of Public Policy (MPP):Public policyMaster (Bravatonic Graduate School of Public Policy)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.): Master of Education
- Doctor of Divinity (DD):Doctor of Theology
- Doctor of Civil Law (DCL):
- Doctor of Medicine (DM):medical doctor
- Doctor of Letters (D.Litt.):Doctor of Literature
- Doctor of Science (D.Sc.):Doctor of Science
- Doctor of Music (D.Mus.):
- Doctor of Philosophy (D.Phil.):Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Clinical Psychology (D.Clin.Psychol.):
- Doctor of Engineering (Eng.D.):Doctor of engineering
When taking the exam,Cambridge UniversitySame as, but through regular exams and interviews. Characteristically, it is said that there is a difference in that Oxford attaches importance to person evaluation points and Cambridge University attaches importance to objective entrance examination points. In addition, the admission period will be about 2 weeks (admission office admission system).
Sports, circle, tradition
Some colleges have many conventions and rules that differ from the university systems of other countries, such as holding a dinner called “Formal Hall” that requires a formal dress after a regular dinner.
Underwear, graduate students, etc.gownHas been decided, and it is required to wear it in various official ceremonies such as ceremonies and formal halls. Also, as a rival to rival schools in Cambridge, men in white shirts, black trousers or skirts take the test when they take the test.JacketsIt is compulsory to wear a so-called "sub-fask", which is a gown.
Faculty and major graduates
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Oxford English etymology dictionary
- Oxford World Religion Dictionary
- Oxford Philosophy Dictionary
- Bodleian Library
- John rock lecture
- Russell Group
- Robert Grosstest
- Jewish studies
- Academic dress
- Oxford shoes
- Oxford spelling
- Rose scholarship system
- Social Science Japan Journal
- Said Business School
- Riot Club
- ^ https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/statshttps
- ^ a b c d e f Learn English from Oxford University (XNUMX) Innovate over tradition"Nihon Keizai Shimbun] Morning edition December 2019, 12 (University side) Read January 18, 2020
- ^ Daiki Mizuta "Schools and Education" "Learning and Culture in England for the First Time" edited by Hiroshi SashiMinerva Shobo, 2012, pp. 159-160.
- ^ "Research society In the "New English-Japanese dictionary", "Vice-Chancellor" is translated as "vice president". Since "Chancellor" does not practice in an honorary position, "Vice-Chancellor" must be the de facto chief executive.
- ^ http://agora-web.jp/archives/2035107.html 【GEPR】世界の環境は改善されている Agora
- ^ Yoko Nakano "Gentleman's Manner", "Outline of British Culture", edited by Yasuo Sakuma, Yoko Nakano, Masataka Ota, Minerva Shobo, 2002, pp. 166-167.
- ^ Daiki Mizuta, "School and Education," "The History and Culture of English for the First Time," edited by Akihiro Sashi, Minerva Shobo, 2012, p. 159.
- Oxford University official website(English)
- Oxford University Japan Office(Japanese)
- Russell Group website(English)
[You can easily write your impressions using Twitter! ]
Just press the button below and write after "Impression of the article:" and tweet! In that case, please do not delete the input from the beginning, please put a space after the impression so that sentences will not be connected to the URL.
The official account of PORTALFIELD News will spread (follow, like, retweet) your impressions. After tweeting, you are free to spread or delete it yourself, so feel free to send us your thoughts! Thank you for your cooperation.