The depths of the new Hokkaido phenomenon ⑯ Nitori vs DCM-Why did the former "allies" compete for Shimachu's TOB?
If you write the contents roughly
Since its inception, it has maintained its position as the largest in the home improvement industry until the fiscal year ending February 19.
It has been 20 years since the Hokkaido phenomenon.In an economically exhausted area, innovative chain stores are still being born and growing ... → Continue reading
The Diamond Chain Store Online is the first to publish news information regarding management and sales promotion in the retail and distribution industries. For those who work in the retail / distribution industry, please see the comprehensive information news site.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
In addition, the home centerJapanglish.EnglishThen.Hardware store, Special Region of Yogyakarta store, Home improvement retailerThings that are expressed like(It's "close", not "is written." For example, the expression hardware store comes from "hard" metal tools such as tools, pots and blades. In Japanese, it corresponds (or originally) to "metal goods store", which is a subdivision of general stores, and does not "indicate" a comprehensive store like "home improvement stores" in Japan in recent years. ).
Main handling areas
- DIY (Do It Yourself): The user himself/herself should carry out minor repairs or modifications of household equipment.
- BIY (Buy It Yourself): A user purchases equipment such as household equipment and asks a specialist to install it.
- SIY (Supervise It Yourself): To get advice on how to select household equipment and how to select a specialist.
- Furthermore, in recent years, the function as a window for home remodeling has attracted attention..
The following are specific products that are sold. At large stores, work such as carpentry and plumbingProfessionalThere is a case where we have a product lineup that can meet the demands for) to some extent.
- DIY related
- Car supplies
- Household items in a broad sense
- Home Furnishing (Home Fashion, Home Furniture):Furniture-Curtain-carpetNot only products, but also sales methods that propose combinations of products have been demanded.
- Electric appliances,gasEquipment
- There are electric material (wiring material) related products that most electric appliances stores and home electronics mass retailers do not handle.Dry cell,light bulb,Fluorescent lightConsumables such asWhite goods,lighting equipment, Health and beauty equipment and small and medium-sizedtv set,radio,BoomboxLimited to
- Household goods and daily necessities
- Cleaning toolsFor washing and cleaningdetergent(There is also a large size for commercial use)
- Cooking utensils, tableware
- 文 房 具,Office supplies
- Toilet Paper,Tissue paper,Disposable diaper,Sanitary items
- clock(General wall clocks, watches, table clocks, etc.)
- Fire extinguisher(There is also a large size for commercial use)
- Smoking equipment:Writer,ashtrayな ど
- Duplicate key creation service
- Clothing(Excluding some stores)
- shoes(Excluding some stores)
- Food(Excluding some stores)
- Alcoholic beverages(Excluding some stores)
- Book(Excluding some stores)
- Leisure goods
- Pet related products
- kerosene(Excluding some stores)
It may be considered as the following three fields.
- HI (Home Improvement): Home improvement for the purpose of improving living and living-the original field of home improvement products such as wood, building materials and tools. Can be said to be larger
- HK (House Keeping): Housekeeping indispensable for daily family life-In the field of taking in the products handled by drugstores and pharmacies, hold non-perishable food items in daily purchase. Bulky items such as rice and pet food, as well as heavy items, are being imported.
- CL (Car Leisure): Car/Leisure-Incorporation from adjacent specialized fields such as automobile related and camping equipment. It can be said that sporting goods stores and bicycle stores are becoming larger.
History in Japan
In 1968, the Saisei Hardware Store in Morioka City, Iwate Prefecture, separated the retail department and established a home improvement store. It is said that he first used the name home improvement store in Japan.
In September of the same year, Murauchi Home Center (currently:Village furniture access)ButTokyoHachioji CityOpened in.Roadside storeThere was a huge parking lot, and the interior, including furniture and carpets and lighting, was arranged like a model room. Although it was only an exhibition, foreign cars, which were rare at the time, were also lined up and attracted attention. However, it is a little different from the form used by "home centers" used in Japan in recent years.
It can be said to be the first "modern" home improvement center in JapanDoit OfYonoStore 1972Opened in. 1976, Ishiguro Homac (currentDCM Homac)'S first store, the Nakazono store, opened in Kushiro, Hokkaido.In addition, non-specialized businesses also entered the market.
Large-scale retail store lawSince the store area was regulated by, other fields were cut into areas that were turned into variety stores.Cold chainFreshness that needs to be securedfoodWe have started to handle a wide variety of products other than fashion items and fashion clothing that are easily influenced by fashion.
SuburbA large sales floor area and a large number of parking lotschainDeployment has begun. Need a pharmacist residentDrug storeIt is difficult to coordinate with the local mallsupermarketThere were more stores than in.
Neighbor Foot with Food Supermarkets and DrugstoresShopping centerThe number of stores has increased.
Concentration on major businesses and closure of small businesses and conversion of business formats have become prominent.
Large-scale retail store location lawDue to the enforcement of competition, intensification of competition with other types of business in the suburbs and suburbs has occurred, and different companies have come to adopt different strategies.
- Capture commercial demand for agriculture and industrial shops. Development of stores specializing in PRO demand.
- Opens a store in the downtown area where land prices have fallen.
- Development of small stores that can be opened in rural areas.
- 100 Yen shopSpecialize in DIY, BIY and SIY by introducing as a tenant and leaving miscellaneous goods.
- Dealing with fresh foodSuper centerBecomes
- 1,000m2Development of a small store slightly below2Combined with expansion of large stores
Main home improvement
- Company name (series of parent company, location of head office) Number of stores, annual sales (consolidated)
- TaiziHowever, 8 companies with large sales (varies year by year) are sorted by the Japanese syllabary, and stores under the affiliated companies are included in the parent company.
- Iris Plaza(Daishin) (Sendai cityMiyagino Ward) 15 stores (2009/5) 85 million yen (4500/2008)…Iris Oyamagroup.
- Arkland Sakamoto(Home Center Musashi) (NiigataSanjo City) 54 stores / 820 billion yen (ended February 2015)
- Aya Hadio(Aya feathergroup,ShigaOtsu City) 26 stores/¥321 billion (fiscal year ended March 2010)
- Arenza Holdings(FukushimaFukushima)...Barrow Holdingsgroup.
- Daiyu Eight(Fukushima City, Fukushima Prefecture)
- time (Home center time) (Okayama CityKita) 16 stores (April 2019)
- Home improvement barrow(GifuTajimi City) 36 stores (2015/9)... Formerly owned by Barrow Holdings, it will be a subsidiary of Arenza Holdings from April 2019 due to the business integration of Barrow Holdings and Arenza Holdings (formerly Daiyu Rick Holdings).
- AEON Kyushu(Home wide, Home Wide Plus, Super Wide Mart) 47 stores (2010/6)
- No. XNUMX(Home Center Mr. Tonkachi) (Yokkaichi City, Mie Prefecture) 5 stores
- Not in(No housing land, no super home center) (TottoriKurayoshi) 22 stores (ended February 2006) 2 billion yen (ended February 185)
- AC decor(Decoration Homekeeper) (TokushimaTokushima)… Old home center Nakai. Present,AxusAlthough it is an affiliated company, its business has been significantly reduced.
- Encho(Jumbo Encho) (ShizuokaFuji city) 34 stores (2006/9) 460 billion yen (2005)
- Cainz(Cains Home) (Beisia GroupUnder the umbrella,SaitamaHonjo City) 200 stores (2015/4) 3,871 billion yen (2015/2)
- Katakura Industry(New Life Katakura) (TokyoChuo-ku）
- (Home center Kanbun)IwateNinohe City 11 stores 82 billion yen
- Kaho radio(Goody) (FukuokaNakagawa City) 60 stores (2008/7) 340 billion yen (2007/3)
- Kanseki(Home Center Kanseki) (TochigiUtsunomiya City) 29 stores (2006/9) 316 billion yen (2006/2)
- Konan Trading(Home Center Conan, Home Stock, Conan PRO) (Osaka PrefectureSakai CityNishi-ward) 304 stores / 2,803 billion yen (2015/2)
- Do-it-yourself center Marucho (WakayamaWakayama City In 2002, it became a subsidiary of Konan, Wakayama Konan Co., Ltd.
- Beaver Than(Home Center Beaver Than) (KanagawaAtsugi) 10 stores
- Doit(SaitamaChuo-ku,Pan Pacific International HoldingsAlthough it was a subsidiary, it transferred its business to Konan in February 2020 and continues to operate as a Konan Doit store) 2 billion yen (10/2007)
- Komeri(Komeri Hard & Green, Komeri Home Center, Komeri Power) (NiigataSouth ward) 1,178 stores / 3,169 billion yen (2015/3)
- Saijo(Best home) (HokkaidoNayoro）
- Sundae(Home Center Sunday) (AEON groupUnder the umbrella,AomoriHachinohe City) 105 stores / 493 billion yen (2020/2)
- Shimachu(Shimachu, HOME'S) (SaitamaSaitama) 57 stores (2015/8) 1,549 billion yen (2015/8)
- The three companies, Kansaijima Tadashi, Kantojima Tadashi, and Shimachu Homes merged with Shimachu in September 3.
- Just(New Life Just) (FukushimaMinamisoma City）
- Juntendo(Shimane Masuda City) 138 stores (August 2008) 8 billion yen (437/2006)
- Joyful Honda(IbarakiTsuchiura City) 15 stores / 1,623 billion yen (2015/6)
- (Shimaya) (ToyamaImizu City) 5 stores
- Super value(Home Center Super Value) (Saitama）
- Sekichu(GunmaTakasaki) 453 billion yen (2007/2) JASDAQ: 9976
- The Retailing (Theo holdingsUnder the umbrella, yellow gloves) (HokkaidoHakodate) 20 stores (2008/7)
- Tokyu Hands(Tokyu GroupUnder the umbrella,TokyoShibuya Ward) 66 stores (2015/3)/876 billion yen (2015/3)
- DCM HoldingsCo., Ltd. (TokyoShinagawa) 600 stores (2015/2)/4,307 billion yen (2015/2)
- DCM kerma(AichiKariya city）
- DCM Daiki(Formerly "Home Center Dick",EhimeMatsuyama City）
- Home Center Sanko(originallyKyushu Industrial TransportationUnder the umbrella →Yellow hatUnder the umbrella,Kumamoto）
- Ojoyful(originallyOkuwaUnder the umbrella,OsakaToyonaka City) In March 2009, 3 stores merged with Daiki (27/2006) 9 billion yen (262/2005)
- DCM Homac(originallyAEON groupUnder the umbrella,SapporoAtsubetsu Ward）
- Homac Nicotte(Became a subsidiary of Homac in 2006)
- DCM Sanwa(Aomori PrefectureAomori）
- DCM Kuroganeya(YamanashiKofu City) 20 stores (2006/8) 163 billion yen (2006/5)
- Keio(Keyo Day Two, Keio Home Center) (ChibaWakaba ku) 186 stores (2015/2) 1,740 billion yen (2015/2)
- Champion (Home Center Champion) (TokyoKita）
- Number Home Center(OkayamaTsuyama）
- Nafco(Home Plaza Nafco, Two One Style) (KitakyushuKokurakita Ward) 364 stores / 2,222 billion yen (2015/3)
- Nishimura Joy(KagawaTakamatsu）
- Handsman(MiyazakiMiyakonojo City）
- Hirasei Home Center(Niigata CityNishi-ward）
- (Home Center Happy One) (HokkaidoTomakomai) 3 stores
- Futagami(Home Center Marni) (KochiNankoku City) 15 stores
- PLANT(Super centerPLANT, I saw the Joyful Store) (Fukui PrefectureSakai City）
- Home Improvement Hirose(HI Hirose) (Oita City, Oita Prefecture) 20 stores (2007, including food supermarket)
- Home improvement agro(HyogoPrince Town) 14 stores 139 billion
- Home Center Sanko(Kumamoto-shiHigashi Ward) 15 stores
- (Oita PrefectureUsa City) 8 stores (2007)
- Home improvement barrow(Tokai region) 38 stores (2016)
- Home Center Mitsuwa(FukuiFukui City) 10 stores (April 2005)
- Home pick(OlympicUnder the umbrella,TokyoNerima-ku) 20 stores (April 2007)
- Home wide AEON Kyushu
- (Handy home center) (KanagawaYugawara town）
- (TokyoHachioji City）
- Makeup man(OkinawaUrasoe City）
- Morris Home Center(HyogoTakasago）
- Yasaka(Home Center Yasaka) (TokyoFussa）
- Yasaki(Yasusaki Home Center, Y Home) (KermaFC) (FukuiFukui City）
- Yamagishi (Home Center Yamaki) (FukuiAwara City）
- Shanxin(IbarakiMito) 21 stores
- Uni Living(Unidy) (Mitsui FudosanUnder the umbrella,ChibaMihama）
- Yutoku Motor(Home Center Yutoku) (SagaKashima) 20 stores (April 2008)
- You Ho(HiroshimaFukuyama City) 21 stores ¥260 billion
- Cotton half holdings(TokyoShinjuku ward）
The table below shows the sales rankings of the nine major companies with sales of 1,000 billion yen or more. Although there are some aspects such as mergers and capital series that are difficult to grasp, in recent years it was the composition that Conan chased Cainz, which is the industry leader. In particular, from 9 to 13, Conan exceeded Cain's sales in the previous year, but Cain's further growth in sales (about 15 billion yen in these three years) continued to maintain the top position. In 3, the sales of Konan could not exceed the sales of Cain's in the previous year, but the fierce battle for the top continues. Konan opened in June 600 in Higashi-OsakaHigashi Osaka Frespo storeAbout 7273 meters north of (100 square meters), Cainz opened the Higashi-Osaka store (Osaka Prefecture's first store, about 11 square meter) in November of the same year, and it became the composition that Cainz, the industry's No. 10000, will confront directly with No. 1. It was Cain's annual sales at this one store is about 2 billion yen[Source required]I expect.
Among them, in September 2006, Homac Kama Daiki merged and became DCM Holdings. Simply adding up the total sales to about 9 billion yen, surpassing Cain's Conan, the sales will suddenly jump to the top of the industry.
|Company Name||Number of stores||Sales (XNUMX million yen)||Company code|
|DCM Holdings||673 (2019/8)||4,366 (2018/2)||3050 (TSE 1)|
|Cainz||218 (2019/8)||4,214 (2019/2)||Unlisted|
|Komeri||1,194 (2020/1)||3,468 (2019/3)||8218 (TSE 1)|
|Konan Trading||356 (2019/2)||3,195 (2019/2)||7516 (TSE 1)|
|Nafco||359 (2019/12)||2,232 (2019/3)||2790 (JASDAQ)|
|Viva Home||98 (2019/6)||1,809 (2019/3)||Unlisted|
|Joyful Honda||15 (2017/6)||1,482 (2019/6)||3191 (TSE 1)|
|Shimachu||60 (2019/8)||1,399 (2019/8)||8184 (TSE 1)|
|Keio||177 (2019/2)||1,148 (2019/2)||8168 (TSE 1)|
[You can easily write your impressions using Twitter! ]
Just press the button below and write after "Impression of the article:" and tweet! In that case, please do not delete the input from the beginning, please put a space after the impression so that sentences will not be connected to the URL.
The official account of PORTALFIELD News will spread (follow, like, retweet) your impressions. After tweeting, you are free to spread or delete it yourself, so feel free to send us your thoughts! Thank you for your cooperation.