China, Europe and the United States criticize each other over the Xinjiang Uighur issue
If you write the contents roughly
Western nations argued that they should solve their own problems, such as racism, wealth inequality, social inequality, and police assault.
[Geneva, XNUMXth, Reuters] – Chinese government's minority Uighurs in Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Racism(Racism,British: racial discrimination) Is
- RaceOfprejudice By a fixed raceDiscriminationWhat to do(Definition in dictionary).
- Race,Skin color,DescentOrEthnic or tribalAll distinctions based on their physical origin,Exclusion, Restricted or prioritized,Politicsof,Economyof,社会of,cultureIn all other fields of public lifeequalityIn the position ofhuman rightsas well as the Basic freedomRecognize, prevent or harm the enjoyment or exercise ofthe purposeOr those that have an effect (as defined in the Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination).
- International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial DiscriminationIs Article 1 of 1 "Race,Skin color,DescentOrEthnic or tribalAll distinctions based on their physical origin,Exclusion, Restricted or prioritized,Politicsof,Economyof,社会of,cultureIn all other fields of public lifeequalityIn the position ofhuman rightsas well as the Basic freedomRecognize, prevent or harm the enjoyment or exercise ofthe purposeOr has an effect.” However, Article 1-2 states, "This Convention isCitizenIt does not apply to the distinction, exclusion, restriction or priority provided between non-citizens and non-citizens." However, it is said that it is limited to cases where there is a reasonable basis such as "participation right" because it affects the exercise of public power or the formation of the will of the state.
- Sociologists defined racism as:
- Arbitrarily selected features such as skin color are selected as important criteria (segregation), and these features categorize the human population.(in)(Racialization), giving negative/positive evaluation, and excluding/inclusion of a certain human groupideology.
- Accompanied by a stereotyped representation of the Other.
- Features that are the basis of classification are generally traits (eg skin color, head (en: human head)Form of,(Native) hair color,Eye color, Etc.) However, a natural phenomenon that is not immediately apparent (eg, pedigree) may be selected as an important feature.
- Discriminatory expressions, including racial discrimination, and discriminatory behavior are also called "hate speech."Detail isHate speechSee.
History and examples
The history and current trends of racial discrimination are outlined below.
Whether to define the Greek-Roman period as ancient Europe is a question often asked by European skeptics. If included, some interracial interactions were seen through residents residing in the provinces of North Africa, but the majority of Africans in the provinces were of Caucasian origin.BerberHowever, exchanges with blacks in the South and South were very limited. Gallia and German in ancient Roman times were undeveloped from the Mediterranean world, the center of civilization, and the Middle East.Northern raceThe appearance defined as was written like a symbol of barbarians. However, the concept of so-called racism did not exist in ancient Greece and Rome.Greek mythologyThen blackAndromedaWas described as a beauty,Military emperorThere were also African residents who were appointed as emperor candidates at the time.
In the medieval era, which can be said to be feudal disorder, conflict between familiar aristocrats was the most important issue, religious conflict was the more important issue, and then ethnic conflict was a glimpse. It was a posterity that the whiteness of the skin came to be considered a sign of superiority.
Age of DiscoveryAfterWestern European New world Ofイ ン デ ィ ア ン,SaharaSouth ofNegroidDiscrimination against is remarkable in history. Also, even if the same WesternerアイルランドMany ethnic groups have a history of being discriminated against, such as people.RumorTherefore, there was also an era when one race was considered to be biologically primitive, and it was considered as a wild animal because it had poor intelligence and was barbaric. After the Age of Discovery, Westerners invaded most of the world with modern armies and colonized it.Colonial ruleThe Western European dominance was argued to justify that "white people are obliged to give civilization to non-white people." This advantage is "white people are the most evolved(I.e.The result is that even the value of "is"Radyard Kipling"White Duty",Cecil Rose"The country that is loved by God, England",Hugh Lofting"Dr. LittleOf the seriesAfrica snow''Nautical record"Such). This idea gradually expanded, and even in the academic field, a theory was announced that the characteristic difference between races was "evidence that one race is inferior",EugenicsWas justified in the name of. In thisTheory of evolutionIs greatly twisted,Cultural anthropologyIt is thought that this has greatly hindered development.
GreeceIt is said that racist attacks are rarely convicted and racism is rampant.Greek economySince the crisis, their immigrants have been exposed to the Greeks' dissatisfaction, especially under attack
SaharaLived intensively in southern AfricaBlackIn ancient timesArab,PersianThere was a time when he was treated as a slave of and was subject to racism. A great Islamic philosopherIbn KhardunEven black people are subject to discrimination. However, the ProphetMuhammadBefore the era, when the Arab tribes were busy fighting among the tribes without having a unified nation on the Arabian Peninsula,エチオピアThere was a great black empire.Arabs were sometimes invaded by Ethiopia, and conversely they sought protection from Ethiopia.Therefore, there was a time when Arabs had the concept of awe-inspiring races with higher cultural standards than themselves, rather than blacks with inferior cultures.Certainly some Arabs owned black slaves, but blacks were only part of the slaves, and most of the slaves were abducted by war prisoners of the same Arab tribes, abducted by pirates, or bought by slave traders. He was a European inhabitant and was a so-called white man.AbbasidSouth in times(I.e.Was used in large-scale agriculture inBlack slaveIs dissatisfied with the harsh working environment and is causing rebellion (Zanju Rebellion).In addition, as a term that saw Africa from EuropeBlack africaThere is.
After the Age of Discovery, Europeans who discovered the "New World" used black slaves as a labor force there.Europeans have mainly used blacks living in West-Central Africa as slaves.This was due to the convenience of slaves for extremely intensive mass production in the "New World" and the death of many indigenous peoples in the "New World" due to infectious diseases brought by Europeans. Reasons for the need, such as the fact that blacks were believed to be resistant to infectious diseases and were considered qualified, and that their appearance was easy to distinguish from non-slaves. Can be given.European powers colonized most of Africa after the end of the 19th century, until then, when local African states and influential tribal chiefs captured hostile tribes and sold them as slaves to Europeans for profit. I was giving.Blacks purchased by Europeans were loaded into the holds of slave ships and transported to markets such as the New World.The conditions of the slave ship hold were so harsh that a significant proportion of blacks died before arriving at the market.Slave marketThen, it was displayed as a product on a stand and sold. They black slavesPersonalityWas denied and was treated the same as livestock. Very few were able to engage in light domestic work or were freed from slavery. Slave by these Europeans began in 1888.BrazilContinued until abolition of slavery. Sugarcane and cotton were the world-class products that were supported by slave labor.
The United States of America
Discrimination against Africans
America'sCivil WarHad the character of a slave liberation war as one of his personalities. The American slaves as institutions were abolished and liberated when the southern states, which supported the economic foundation of many black slaves and opposed to the liberation of slaves, were defeated, but substantial discrimination persisted.Second World WarAfterHistoryThen,Vietnam War OfAnti-war movementIn relation toMartin Luther King Jr.By the pastorCivil rights movementBut left an impact on many Americans.
Discrimination against Indians
In the United States, as a "disturber" when expanding territory,イ ン デ ィ ア ンImplemented a policy to eliminate (Native American) thoroughly.Thomas JeffersonIs an indianReservation placeThe 7th US President, pushing forward with the inclusion in (Reservation)Andrew Jackson"Indians are the inferior peoples that should be destroyed"US CongressI gave a speech at. MilitaryPhilip Sheridan"A good Indian is a dead Indian,"William Sherman"If you can kill as many Indians this year, you'll have less to kill next year," said the United States.Ethnic cleansingIt is a good representation of the attitude.
"Indian Forced Emigration ActThe illegalUnited States Supreme CourtAcknowledged and attached to the sentence that "Indians are humans."1879It's finally here. After that, the IndiansColored(Colored)"1960 eraUntil"Jim Crow MethodWas targeted.
Discrimination against Asians
Yellow race (AsiaHas been evaluated by the white society for its hardworking and enthusiastic culture, and it has certainly penetrated into the white society.20st centurySince the latter half, there has been no situation of unilateral exploitation.North America,The United KingdomInEast AsiaImmigrantEducational HistoryThe standard of living is high among races other than white, and even on average exceeds whites. As a manifestation of that, in American university selectionAffirmative ActionThere is no preferential treatment, but rather a disadvantage.
On the other hand, in America in the first half of the 20th centuryカナダAtChinese immigrants,Japanese immigrantsLooking at the circumstances ofcoolieEven after being dropped into a slave situation such as, and struggling to establish an economic position,Yellow erosionThere is a history of encountering the movement of disfellowship in the background. Especially for NikkeiSecond World WarCitizenship was suspended inside, leading to concentration camps.Others who were also engaged with the United StatesGerman descent,Italian descent such asAxis countriesNatives and their offspring were almost unrestricted, soJapaneseIs considered to be racism against.
In Spanish territory,Las CasasChristian evangelists from these countries work hard to protect the Indians, which eventually leads to the introduction of black slaves as an alternative to the workforce. Caucasian since modern times,Mixed, There are not a few nations whose social classes are divided by Indians.
Russo-Japanese WarLater Japan was the only non-European nation of colorStrong lineAnd many immigrants were also sent out, but in the WestImperialismIn response to the opposition from the government and the issue of exclusion from Japanese immigrants, they often took the position of "anti-racism" in order to protect their own right to survive.. AlliesJapan representative who participated as a member ofWorld War IAfterParis peace conferenceso,Racial discrimination elimination clauseHowever, due to the exercising of the chairman's veto right by the British and American representatives and the disagreement, the meeting has failed.Shoichi WatanabeStates that Japan is the first country in the world to make a clear claim to eliminate racial discrimination at international conferences..
Second World WarLet's make racial discrimination a national mottoNazi GermanyとMilitary alliance(Japan-Germany Ikoku Union), both Europeans and whitesキ リ ス ト 教徒But not JapaneseNazi OfJewHe was uncooperative in persecution. Rather,ManchuriaToJewBuild an autonomous regionRiver pig planExists,Japan-Germany Ikoku UnionEven after being establishedFive-phase conferenceArranged not to persecute the Jews inAxis powers-It did not cooperate with the persecution of Jews as it did in the occupied territories.Therefore, Jews who escape from Europerefugeesfor,USSRからManchuria(Northeastern China)米 国The route to escape to others was important.However,Remaining measures measuresAs shown in, the diplomatic consideration will no longer be actively involved in the protection of Jews. Then JapanDiplomatWas working asChiune SugiharaTo thousands of JewsvisaIn order to rescue his life, but this is at his own discretion..
In recent years in Japan2000 eraEntered and became radicalKoreans and Koreans living in Japan"Discriminatory behavior against the public and community activities" is regarded as a problem,Act on Promotion of Efforts to Eliminate Unfair Discriminatory Behavior against People from Other Countries(Enforced on June 2016, 6)''Or in Osaka or KawasakiHate speech ordinanceThe countermeasures such as this were approved.
Again to Japan2014IsUnited NationsThe Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination has issued a recommendation requesting a response to racial discrimination., Against that recommendationJapanese GovernmentCommented by the Japanese government on the final opinion of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD/C/JPN/CO/7-9)The answer is divided into two parts.
In the private sectorMeeting to eliminate black discriminationAre protesting about the expression of blacks.
South Korea TheCommittee on the Elimination of Racial DiscriminationThe immigration control law was abolished without accepting the recommendation ofMigrant workerRestricting the rights of migrant workers and using prejudice against migrant workers to conduct abuse, assault, and exploitation of labor... According to the "Human Rights Situation Survey on Fisheries Migrant Workers" issued by the Korean National Human Rights Commission in 2012, 93.5% of seafarers migrants had been subjected to curse and assault, of which 42.6% had been assaulted. Was done.
2014May 2ToIndonesiaJapanese sailor is assaulted by a Korean colleague and dies.. Although the United Nations Commission on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination recommended in 2012 the South Korean government to enact anti-discrimination and other laws, but the South Korean government has not implemented it. He has created a modern version of slavery and is still implementing racism policy." (Lee Jae-sang, Chairman of the South Korean Foreign Migration Labor Movement Council).
June 2013, of a professional baseball playerKim TaiIs a black pitcherShane Yuman"The black face made him laugh at the mound, his white teeth overlapped with the ball, making it hard to hit," the National Human Rights Commission warned..
2014Was found in the Pocheon African Museum migrant labor exploitation case.. In this case, African artists received only half the legal minimum wage and workersslaveWhen protesting such labor, the museum replied, "Is it a lot of money in Africa?".
2014In September, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Special Rapporteur on Racial Discrimination conducted a survey in South Korea... Entertainers on Korean TV showsBlackWearing a mask of "Dis Africa"ChimpanzeeAFP news agency reported that "Korean people unconsciously discriminate against racism"..
International attempt to abolish
World War IIt is a peace conferenceParis peace conferenceThen,AlliesThe Japanese delegation who was a member ofProposal to eliminate racial discriminationWas done.The United KingdomRepresentativeAustraliaA vote was taken against the hard-line of the representative, and as a result, the majority was 11-5, but the chairman of the United StatesWoodrow WilsonWas denied because he requested unanimous exception.
1963May 11,United NationsBut"United Nations Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial DiscriminationWas adopted.1965The United NationsInternational Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial DiscriminationThe treaty came into effect in 1969. Paragraph 1996 of Article 1976 that the Treaty in Japan in 20 stipulates in 2 as "law prohibiting advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that causes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence" includingInternational Covenant on Civil and Political Rights(International Human Rights Agreement) has been established. It also states that in Article 2, “If a country has no legislation to discriminate against discriminatory behavior, it should be put in place.” Does not recognize such rights."
2001 years,Republic of South Africa OfDurbanHeld inUnited Nations Conference on Anti-RacismIn (WCAR),Southern hemisphereDiscrimination by national representatives ofColonialism,大西洋CrossingslaveBuying and selling, andZionismAccusation of racism against him was a succession. The meetingEur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.euIt resolved the unanimous criticism of the protection of human rights and Zionism. USA,イ ス ラ エ ルThe delegation fought against this and boycotted the resolution.
Attacking or making anxious on the other side based on race, origin, or nationality is called sexual harassment. It can occur in all relationships, including disdainful remarks about the origin, conversations and businesses that assume that there is only a specific ethnicity, and evaluations that link mistakes and ideas to specific roots. Expressions singing the superiority of a particular ethnic group, and remarks on the exclusion of foreigners, etc., are considered as harassment.
- ^ Daijizumi "Racism"
- ^ “Citizen” is a key concept to understand the relationship between the nation and people in developed countries. Japan is still a littleUnderdeveloped countryAnd this concept of "citizen" is not well understood.PeopleIs often expressed as ".
- ^ “Angle:'immigration crisis' in austerity Greece, an outlet for social dissatisfaction”. Reuters 2014/8/23Browse.
- ^ "Japanese and African-Americans-Aspects in the History of US-Japan Relations-" Hiromi Furukawa,Furukawa Satoshi Akashi bookstore ISBN 9784750319223 P79-86
- ^ It was Japan that first appealed for the elimination of racial discrimination at an international conference
- ^ Shoichi Watanabe "Showa history that tells the truth" PHP Research Institute, published on July 2015, 7 (pages 16-292)
- ^ Katsumasa Watanabe "The Truth, Sugihara Visa" Taisho Publishing, 2000 ISBN-4 8117 0309-X- [Page number required]
- ^ Naoki Tsusaka (May 2019, 5). "Discrimination in Europe, repelled by Japan ... The origin of the" right-wing "Japanese Americans". Asahi Shimbun 2020/5/29Browse.
- ^ Mainichi Shimbun "Hate speech report from open newspaper committee" Mainichi Shimbun Tokyo morning edition 2016.7.1
- ^ Act on Promotion of Efforts to Eliminate Unfair Discriminatory Behavior against People from Other Countries - e-Gov Law Search
- ^ International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination
- ^ Respect for Okinawa's People's Mind Recommendation to Japan by United Nations Commission on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination 2014.8.30
- ^ Comments by the Japanese Government on the Final Opinion of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD/C/JPN/CO/7-9) (August 2016)
- ^ To the final opinion of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD/C/JPN/CO/7-9)Japanese GovernmentComment (December 2016)
- ^ a b c d e Labornet “Korea: Japan's Racial Discrimination Eliminates Racial Discrimination” Severe 2014.30.20
- ^ a b AFP Communication October 2014, 10 "UN begins investigation on racism in Korean society'
- ^ Chuo Nippo June 2013, 6
- ^ Chosun IlboSeptember 2014, 9 "Racism in South Korea by economic power" criticized by US papers
- ^ Hankyore 2014.2.1 "Secretary-General Hong Mun-Jung, the Senurit Party, who forced African dancers to'slave labor''
- ^ a b Xinhua2014May 9"Racism is widespread in South Korea, the United Nations to survey the actual situation "I want you to thoroughly investigate" "Go to Japan next door"-Korean net'
- ^ Xinhua2014May 9"Racism prevails in Korean society, UN embarks on investigation'
- Masaaki Okamoto's “Japanese Ethnic Discrimination” Challenges from the Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination Akashi Shoten June 2005 ISBN 4750321397
- Shizuka Kim, "Scientific History of Horizontal Movement" Criticism of Ethnic Discrimination Contemporary Planning Office January 1994 ISBN 4773893125
- "Racial Discrimination Report: Behind the gap between the current state of the world and the image』(Japanese).GNV March 2019
- Christopher ThornWritten "Race Problems in the Pacific War" Translated by Yoichi Ichikawa, Koshisha, 1991
- John DowerWritten "Wars of Mercy, Racism in the Pacific War" Translated by Genichi Saito, Heibonsha Library, 2001
- Dislike foreigners
- Immigration - Foreign worker
- Hate speech
- Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- I'm not a racist with a black friend
In a narrow sense, EuropeanDeveloped countryas well as the The United States of AmericaとカナダRefers to a group that combines the two North American countries.EnglishmanWas founded,OceaniaIt is inAustralia,New ZealandMay be included.
The Western concept is culturallyWesternIt gently overlaps with the concept of.
JapanFor the event inForeign countriesAs an example in, it is often used as "in Europe and the United States."The origin that Western countries are quoted for comparison is from Meiji JapanModernizationIt is thought that this is because the model of this was Western countries.
ModernIn Japan after that, beforeChugokuIt is a word that is often used with the meaning of "an existence that embodies an ideal" that was supposed to be an alternative to, and often does not match the actual "Western" situation.In fact, it has a longer political and economic history than Japan, and has many experiences and sophistication, so it is referred to when referring to advanced institutions and forms, sophisticated cultures and ways of thinking. (Yoshihiro"I like to use Han dynasty" for the shaved wordIs)).
However, in recent yearsEmerging countriesWith the rise of China, non-Western countries (including Asian countries such as China)Developing countries(Including) has created a new order, and in Japan it is often referred to as an "overseas case."
Western and Western people's idea range
In the sense of Westerners, the term "Westerners" is used.This is the so-calledWThis is because it often refers to people of the same age, and even in Western regions, if they are of a colored race, it was often unexpected when using the name Westerner.In addition, "Europe and the United States" are often taken up as an example of "developed countries", in which caseCuban revolutionAfterキ ュ ー バ,Eastern European RevolutionpreviousEastern European countriesSuch asOne-party systemcountry,Anglo AmericaとEuropean UnionMany in areas other thanDeveloping country(South America, etc.) are often outside the Western idea.
In Japan "ForeignerWhen the word "" is used, it is sometimes used in almost the same meaning as "Westerners".In Japan, it was sometimes said that "foreigners are big", but in regions other than Europe and the United States, there are many countries where the average height is shorter than Japan, and when such expressions are used, Westerners (African descent). It can be seen that it almost refers to (including Americans).However, compared to other races, African descent has a large difference in average height depending on the ethnic group, and in Africa as a whole, the average height is about the same as or less than that of Japan in many countries.
- ^ Kiminobu Takasawa. “Ryokan Taigu". Capacity development planning. 2008/3/7Browse.
- ^ Jotaro Minamikata. “Ryokan's command words". Jotaro Diary. 2008/3/7Browse.
- ^ Kazuya Otake (September 2003, 9). “Ryokan Taigu". Reading Diary 2003. 2008/3/7Browse.