U.S. Human Rights Report Condemns China's Persecution of Uighurs and Russia's Opposition Attacks
If you write the contents roughly
In addition to Islamic minorities such as the "more than 100 million" Uighurs who were said to have been detained, "an additional 200 million people are undergoing're-education'training only during the day."
[Washington, XNUMXth Reuters] – The US State Department announced on the XNUMXth that XNUMX on the human rights situation in about XNUMX countries around the world ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
minorityWhat is (ethnic group)?People,CountryWhen some kind of framework such as or region is composed of multiple ethnic groups, it refers to an ethnic group consisting of a relatively small number of people.
Japanese"Ethnicity" is an ambiguous and ambiguous concept.English Ofethnic groupSometimes points tonationSometimes refers toGerman OfvolkMay also refer to. The term ethnic minority is often confusing because the meaning of "ethnicity" is ambiguous.The concept of ethnic minorities does not make sense unless it sets what is the whole and shows that it is a relatively minority within its framework.
The most common when using the concept of ethnic minorities isNation-stateThe nation state is used as a framework to refer to the "whole", and a minority ethnic group is called an ethnic minority compared to the dominant majority, which is often treated as an average nation.These minoritiespopulationIt can be a group of hundreds of people or a million people.However, there are many cases in which differences are found in various cultural attributes and institutional differences with the average people or ethnic groups that occupy the dominant majority, and there are many common issues.
Ethnic minorities have various cultural attributes (common to all ethnic groups)History,言语Etc.).However, it is the majority ethnic group that surrounds them, and the national system and education are often based on it.Under such circumstances, how to maintain our own uniqueness is also a common problem for many ethnic minorities.
The relationships between ethnic minorities and the majority and nation-states are diverse.KurdishEven though it boasts a population that is not strange to have a nation, and it occupies the majority in a specific area.Ethnic nationSeeking independence to not haveConflictMay cause.Boasting a similarly large population but lacking cohesionMiaoIn some cases, they coexist under the influence of the majority ethnic groups of each country.JapanInAinu, In ChinaManchurianWhile some ethnic groups are gradually losing their uniqueness due to the overwhelming influence of the majority ethnic groups, such as before the founding of Israel.JewSome ethnic minorities, such as the ones, have maintained their uniqueness without being assimilated into the majority ethnic groups, and have had a strong social influence even in the minority.
First ResidentIs a minority in the nation-state in many cases.These were often dismissed as "pagan" or "barbaric" along with cultures and histories other than the dominant ethnic group, but in recent years the need for protective policies has begun to be recognized.However, when the unique culture is being lost, there may be a problem that it is difficult for the bearer to appear regardless of the policy of the nation-state.
Current situation in Japan
JapanIt is,YamatoWhile the majority of people are said to be ethnic minorities, there are also groups that are said to be ethnic minorities.Each groupThe problem that he has is "Japanese ethnic problemsAnd see each article.The Japanese government officially recognizes it as an indigenous people of Japan.AinuIs only.
- Ainu - Hokkaido-KurilMinorities.
- Wilta --Sakhalin's ethnic minority.
- Nivkh --Sakhalin's ethnic minority.
- Okinawa,Amami archipelago(Kagoshima) Etc.Ryukyu KingdomResidents of the territory,Ryukyu peopleThere is a way of thinking. (other,RyukyuSee also)
- Western islanders - Ogasawara IslandsThe descendants of pioneers and immigrants.
- Mountain pit --A ethnic group that lived while moving in the mountains of Honshu.
- Overseas Chinese in Japan --Foreign nationality.Chinese,Chinese in Japan,Taiwanese in JapanSee also
- Korean Japanese --From Chosen-seki, North Korea, and South KoreaNaturalizationPerson. (Koreans in JapanRegarding, the Chongryon states that Koreans in Japan are "not (Japanese) minorities.").
- Japanese Brazilians ――In many cases, nationality and ethnicityBrazilianAnd there are many migrant workers.Foreign nationality.
- GI baby - AmerasianAlso called.People born in Japan under the occupation of the Allied Forces between soldiers of the Allied Forces, mainly the US Army, and Japanese women for various reasons.It is said to be a spawn after the war, and it is thought that there are tens of thousands of people.Has Japanese nationality.
- Indochina refugees --Political refugees are attracting attention, but there are also many economic refugees.Foreign nationality or statelessness.
Minorities in the world
The United Kingdom
- ^ minorityAs mentioned in the item, "ethnicity" in Japanese is an ambiguous and ambiguous concept.Detail isPeopleandminoritySee
- ^ Comments by the Japanese Government on the Final Opinion of the Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD/C/JPN/CO/7-9) (August 2016)
- ^ The Mindan Central must protect its ethnicity in a fellow society and follow the path of true reconciliation and unity. Korea News
- People,Ethnic discrimination
- Indigenous people
- Social minority(Minority)
- Japanese ethnic problems
- Assimilation policy