Nikkei average falls back, material is scarce and sees off Yaskawa Electric softening also cools investor sentiment
If you write the contents roughly
On the other hand, Toshiba was bought and Nippon Steel also performed steadily.
[Tokyo 29538.73th Reuters] – Closing price Closer than the previous day Low / high Nikkei average 2 -XNUMX… → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Nippon Steel Corporation(Nippon Steel, English: NIPPON STEEL CORPORATION)TokyoChiyoda WardHeadquartered in Japan, Japan's largestSteel manufacturer(Blast furnace manufacturer)Engineering business,Chemical business,System solution businessHas 5 businesses such asNippon Steel GroupPlay a central roleBusiness holding companyIs. Abbreviation isNSC.TOPIX Core30It is one of the old constituent stocks ofTOPIX Large 70It is one of the constituent stocks of.
Government-operated Yawata WorksDraw the flow ofNippon SteelWhen,Sumitomo GroupSteel makerSumitomo Metal Industries 2012Merged with Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal, and on April 2019, 4, the trade name was changed from Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal to Nippon Steel.
Nippon SteelNippon SteelとSumitomo Metal Industries OfmergerThe trade name was changed by Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal, which was established by Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal.Nippon Steel (Nippon Steel) isNippon Steel Co., Ltd.It was a steel manufacturer whose predecessor was (Nippon Steel).Nippon Steel1934ToGovernment-operated Yawata WorksIt was a semi-governmental and semi-private national policy company with a high degree of publicity, whose management is stipulated by the "Nippon Steel Stock Companies Act", which was jointly established by several ironmakers.
Later Nippon SteelPacific WarAfterExcessive Economic Force Concentration Exclusion LawDivided into 4 companies byZaibatsu Demolition) But of theseYawata Iron & Steel Co., Ltd.とFuji Iron & Steel Co., Ltd.Two steel makers1970Nippon Steel was established by merging with.At the time of inaugurationHitachi, Ltd.Japan's largest manufacturer by far, in the 1980sToyotaHe was in that position for many years before being overtaken by.Also,2010 OfCrude steel productionIn Japan, it was the first in Japan and the fifth in the world.
On the other hand, Sumitomo Metal Industries (Sumikin)1935It was a steel manufacturer that was established by the merger of Sumitomo Copper Steel Pipe and Sumitomo Steel Works (formerly Sumitomo Steel Works).Sumitomo Metal Industries is a major figure in the Kansai business world (Kansai business world three families) and is the cornerstone of the Sumitomo Group.Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation,Sumitomo ChemicalIt was also called "Sumitomo Group Misanke".The main business isSteelIs a karmaSteel pipe,sheet,Thick plate,Building materials,Railway carSupplies,Titanium,Strip steelEtc. were being produced.In the business, "パ イ プIt is called a seamless steel pipe, as it is called "Sumikin".crudeSteel pipes for excavation boasted the top share in the world.In addition, it has the third largest crude steel production in Japan and the 2010th largest in the world in 3.
2012May 10, The above-mentioned Nippon Steel has made Sumitomo Metal IndustriesAbsorption mergerThen Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal was established.In the domestic steel industry,2002 OfKawasaki SteelとNippon Steel Pipe Due to the management integration of (NKK)JFE HoldingsIt was the first major reorganization in about 10 years since the inauguration of.
Until then, the purpose of the reorganization was to adjust production, but at Nippon Steel & Sumitomo MetalSouth Korea-People's Republic of ChinaStartedEmerging countriesThe main purpose is a strategic merger with an awareness of the rise of steel makers.It is a large-scale transaction over survival in global competition, and this was allowed at the time of the merger announcement.Fair Trade CommissionThe change in attitude became a hot topic.
The background of the merger is the consolidation and abolition of overlapping divisions in Japan.costReduction orManagement ResourcesConcentrate and cost a huge amount of moneyblast furnaceEstablishing a system to expedite construction, and steelneedChallenges in overseas expansion with a view to emerging countries where輸送Cost andAppreciation of the yenDue to the decrease in price competitiveness), due to scale expansionCompetitivenessSeems to have been determined to be inevitable.
Based on crude steel production, the total of Nippon Steel, which is the fourth largest in the world, and Sumitomo Metal Industries, which is the 4th largest in the world, totals 19 million tons, which is the second largest in the world.Baosteel Group(3,130 million tons) and 3rd placePOSCOExceeds (3,110 million tons) and runs alone at the topArcelor MittalIt became the first to chase (7,750 million tons) (Production figures are for 2009World Steel AssociationResearch)..In addition, Sumitomo Metal Industries, which disappeared due to the business combination,Sumitomo GroupHowever, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal after the integration has not joined the Sumitomo Group Public Relations Committee.
May 2018, April 5, 2019 ``Nippon SteelAnnounced that the company name will be changed to.Zaibatsu DemolitionByYawata SteelとFuji SteelTrade name before being divided intoNippon Steel"(に ほ んI will return to (Seitetsu), but "Iron"New fontIt becomes "iron" of, and the reading is also "に っ ぽ んIt becomes "Seitetsu".The English company name will return to "Nippon Steel" before the merger, and "& Sumitomo Metal" will be removed.Takao ShindoThe president said he was not aware of "Nippon Steel"However, after the general meeting of shareholders in June, the representative director from the former Sumitomo Metal Industries was wiped out, and all eight representative directors were from the former Nippon Steel..
The corporate slogan is "To become the world's No. 1 steel manufacturer. "
The company devised and realized a high cross angle expansion pipe drilling method to produce seamless pipes.[Annotation 1].
Headquarters / Branch
- head office - TokyoChiyoda WardMarunouchi 2-6-1 (Marunouchi Park Building）
- Osaka Branch- OsakaOsakaChuo-kuKitahama 4-chome 5-33 (Sumitomo Building Main Building)
- Hokkaido Branch- HokkaidoSapporoChuo-kuKita 2 Jonishi 4-1
- Tohoku Branch- MiyagiSendai cityAoba-kuIchibancho 3-6-1
- Niigata Branch- NiigataNiigataChuo-ku1-3-10 Higashiodori
- Nagoya Branch (Nagoya)- AichiNagoya cityNakamura WardMeiekiminami 2-13-18 NS Building 8th floor
- Nagoya Branch (Sakae) -Nagoya City, Aichi PrefectureNaka-kuNishiki 2-13-19Takisada Building8 floor
- China Branch- HiroshimaHiroshima cityNaka-kuGuncho 10-12
- Kyushu Branch- FukuokaFukuoka CityHakata Ward5-18 Tenyamachi
16 domestic bases are being developed as XNUMX steelworks.Pig iron integrated steel millThere are 7 locations in Muroran, Kashima, Kimitsu, Nagoya, Wakayama, Yawata, and Oita.
|Factory name||Location &||Main production items|
|Nippon Steel Muroran Works|
|Muroran Works||HokkaidoMuroranNakamachi 12||Steel bar-Wire|
|Nippon Steel East Nippon Works|
|Kamaishi district||IwateKamaishi23-15 Suzukocho||Wire|
|Kashima district||IbarakiKashima CityLight 3||Thin plate / thick plate /Shaped steel-Steel pipe|
|Kimitsu district||ChibaKimitsuKimitsu1||Thin plate, thick plate, wire rod, shaped steel, steel pipe|
|Naoetsu district||NiigataJoetsu City2-12-1 Minatomachi||Stainless steel-Titanium|
|Nippon Steel Nagoya Works|
|Nagoya Works||AichiTokai City5-3 Tokaimachi||Thin plate / thick plate / steel pipe|
|Nippon Steel Kansai Works|
|Steelmaking area||OsakaOsakaKonohana WardShimaya 5-chome 1-109||Railroad wheels / axles|
|Amagasaki district||HyogoAmagasakiHigashimukojima Nishinomachi 1||Steel pipe|
|Wakayama district||WakayamaWakayama CityMinato 1850 (Wakayama district (Wakayama))||Steel pipe / sheet|
|OsakaSakai CitySakai WardChikkoyawatamachi 1 (Wakayama district (Sakai))||Shaped steel|
|260-100 Funoo, Kainan City, Wakayama Prefecture (Wakayama District (Kainan))||Steel pipe|
|Nippon Steel Setouchi Steel Works|
|Hirohata district||HyogoHimejiHirohataFujimachi 1||sheet|
|Kure district||HiroshimaKureShowacho 11-1||Ordinary steel, high carbon special steel, alloy steel|
|Hanshin district (Sakai)||OsakaSakai CityNishi-wardIshizu Nishimachi 5||Cold-rolled steel sheet, high-grade surface-treated steel sheet|
|Hanshin district (Toyo)||EhimeSaijo CityHojo 962-14||High corrosion resistant hot dip galvanized steel sheet|
|Hanshin district (Osaka)||OsakaOsakaKonohana WardSakurajima 1-chome 26-XNUMX||Cold-rolled steel sheet|
|Hanshin district (Kanzaki)||HyogoAmagasakiTsugiya 3-1-XNUMX|
|Nippon Steel Kyushu Works|
|Yawata district||FukuokaKitakyushuTobata1-1 Tobihatacho (Tobata / Yawata district)||Thin plate / shaped steel /Rail・ Steel pipe|
|Kitakyushu, Fukuoka PrefectureKokurakita WardKonomimachi 1 (Kokura district)||Steel bars and wires|
|Yawata district (light titanium)||Yamaguchi Light cityShimada 3434||Titanium|
|Oita district||OitaOita CityNishinosu 1 (Oita district (Oita))||Thin plate / thick plate|
|Yamaguchi Light cityShimada 3434 (Oita area (light steel pipe))||Steel pipe|
R & D base
- Hasaki Research and Development Center-Sunayama, Kamisu City, Ibaraki Prefecture
- RE Center (Futtsu) --Futtsu City, Chiba PrefectureShintomi
- Amagasaki R & D Center-Fuso-cho, Amagasaki-shi, Hyogo
- NIPPON STEEL NORTH AMERICA, INC. (ニ ュ ー ヨ ー ク,Chicago,Houston,Mexico City）
- NIPPON STEEL AMÉRICA DO SUL LTDA. (Sao Paulo,Belo Horizonte）
- NIPPON STEEL European Office (Dusseldorf）
- NIPPON STEEL AUSTRALIA PTY.LIMITED (Sydney）
- NIPPON STEEL CONSULTING (BEIJING) CO., LTD. (Beijing,Shanghai,Guangzhou）
- PT. NIPPON STEEL INDONESIA (Jakarta）
- NIPPON STEEL SOUTHEAST ASIA PTE.LTD. (Singapore）
- NIPPON STEEL (THAILAND) CO., LTD. (Bangkok）
- NIPPON STEEL VIETNAM COMPANY LIMITED (Ho Chi Minh,Hanoi）
- NIPPON STEEL INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED (New Delhi）
- NIPPON STEEL Dubai Office (Dubai）
Products,ShipAnd largeStructureUsed forThick plate,Automobile-Electric appliances-can-TransformerUsed forHigh strength steelincludingsheet-surface treatmentSteel plate,building-Civil engineeringUsed in the fieldH-section steel-Steel sheet pile-RailSuch asBuilding materials, Auto parts andBuildingUsed forSteel bar-Wire, Used in the energy field and mechanical parts, etc.Steel pipeIs the main one.In the manufacture of transportation equipmentRailroad wheels / axlesAnd for carsForgingCrankshaftIn Japan for railway wheels and axlesshareBoasts almost 100%.Other,Titanium,Stainless steelAlso manufactures.
Chemical business / new material business
System solution business
- 2011(Heisei23 years)
- February: Announcement of basic merger plan
- March:Fair Trade CommissionFirst screening
- June: Japan Fair Trade Commission Second Examination
- September: Announced new company name and merger ratio (9 shares of Nippon Steel shares allocated to 1 share of Sumikin shares)
- December: Fair Trade Commission approves merger
- April: Concluded a merger agreement
- June: Merger approved at shareholders' meeting of both companies
- May 10: Nippon Steel merged with Sumitomo Metal Industries after making Sumitomo Metal Industries a wholly owned subsidiary through a share exchange.Changed the trade name to "Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation".
- March:Nisshin SteelBecame a subsidiary
- June: Made Swedish specialty steel maker Ovako a subsidiary
- 2019(31/First year of Reiwa)
- May 1: Make Nisshin Steel a wholly owned subsidiary
- March: Special steel manufacturerSanyo Special SteelBecame a subsidiary
- May 4: Company name changed to "Nippon Steel".
- May 7: Soccer on August 8th of the same yearJ League team"Kashima Antlers61.6% of the shares of IT companiesMercariAnnounced that it will be sold for about 16 billion yen.
- 2020(2nd year of Reiwa)
- February: Decided to close Setouchi Works Kure area and suspend one blast furnace in Kansai Works Wakayama area.
- March: Of the two blast furnaces at the Yawata Works, one in the Kokura area will be suspended and integrated into the Yawata area, and a new railway transportation tunnel from the Yawata area to the Kokura area will be put into service..
- April: A wholly owned subsidiaryNippon Steel Nisshin SteelAbsorption merger.
- April: A total of 4 steelworks and factories nationwide, including the subsidiary Nippon Steel Nissin Steel Works, are listed as "East Nippon Steel Works", "Kansai Steel Works", "Setouchi Steel Works", "Kyushu Steel Works", Integrated and reorganized into 16 steelworks systems of "Muroran Steelworks" and "Nagoya Steelworks".
- 2021(3nd year of Reiwa)
- February: Announced that one of the two blast furnaces in the Kashima area of Nippon Steel Works will be closed within a few years..
An industry group in the steel industryJapan Iron and Steel FederationChairmanship1948Since its inauguration (23), it has been customary for the president of its predecessor, Nippon Steel (before the inauguration of Nippon Steel, Yawata Iron & Steel or Fuji Iron & Steel).But,2006(18) Nippon Steel's in MayAkio MimuraFrom the presidentJFE Steel OfHajime BadaAfter changing the chairmanship to the president, both companies have been chairman in rotation every two years.
List of presidents
- Hiroshi Tomono --Inaugurated in October 2012, retired in April 10 (transferred to Vice Chairman)
- Takao Shindo --Inaugurated in April 2014, retired in April 4 (Vice Chairman of Nippon Keidanren)
- Eiji Hashimoto --Inaugurated in April 2019
List of chairpersons
- Shoji Muneoka --Retired in October 2012 and April 10
- Kosei Shindo --Inaugurated in April 2019
Among the designated wholesalers, an organization called "Tokakai" is organized by leading companies.The organization has been organized since its predecessor, Nippon Steel, and has continued since the inauguration of Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal (currently Nippon Steel).The constituent companies are as follows.
2019(First year of Reiwa) Currently
- Mitsui,Sumitomo Corporation,Mitsubishi Corporation,ITOCHU Corporation,Marubeni,Sojitz,Toyota Tsusho,Hanwa Kogyo,Okaya Koki,Nippon Steel Bussan,Kanematsu,Tsukamoto Sogyo
Culture / Sports Business
- Adult baseball[Annotation 4]
- サ ッ カ ー
- Sakai Blazers
- Nippon Steel Kimitsu Volleyball Club
- Nippon Steel Judo Club
- Made in Japan Iron Kamaishi Kyudo Club
- Nippon Steel Kimitsu Archery Club
- Nippon Steel Headquarters Kyudo Department
- Nippon Steel Hirohata Kyudo Club
- Nippon Steel Hachiman Archery Club
- Nippon Steel Oita Kyudo Club
Human resource development
- Excellent employees from Amagasaki City, Hyogo PrefectureIndustrial Technology Junior College(1962InstituteJapan Iron and Steel FederationIs established) to conduct human resource development. Specifically, “As one of the policies for knowledge creation and human resource multi-functional development policy and careful capacity development policy at manufacturing sites, it will lead to promotion to mid-level engineers through internal selection.Industrial Technology Junior CollegeImplementation of policies to dispatch employees to theEducation TrainingForm) is called "・".
- One of the employees of Hirohata Works is a raw material for steel materials.Iron scrapAssuming that a total of about 700 million yen was deceived from the steelworks in the form of pretending to have delivered20188ToHyogo Prefectural PoliceWith two people involved in the scrap companyscamArrested on suspicion.The company hired this employee in February of the same year.Disciplinary dismissalIs trying.
- ^ The patentee at the time of obtaining the patent right is Sumitomo Metal Industries, Ltd., Japanese Patent Application No. 2005-506775, Patent 4196991
- ^ East Nippon Steel Kashima area and Naoetsu area, Kansai ironworks (excluding Wakayama area (Sakai)), Kyushu steelworks Hachiman area (limited to Ogura area), former Sumitomo Metal Industries, Setouchi Works Kure area and Hanshin area , Former Nippon Steel Nisshin Steel Works, and others are former Nippon Steel Works.
- ^ Due to the reorganization and integration in April 2020, it has become a steelworks in Muroran, East Japan, Nagoya, Kansai, Setouchi, and Kyushu under the direct control of the head office.
- ^ Only Kashima and Hirohata are directly managed baseball clubs.Others are club teams (Wide area conglomerate teamCrown sponsor (including registration)
- ^ Corporate Governance Report Retrieved February 2021, 2
- ^ 2019 Securities Report
- ^ a b "Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metals to merge next year". Yomiuri Shimbun (Yomiuri Shimbun). (October 2011, 2)
- ^ "[Today's chart] Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal becomes "the best in the world" in market capitalization due to yen depreciation". Bloomberg (September 2013, 5). 2013th of February 6Browse.
- ^ a b The history of the complicated company name of "Nippon Steel" that came backNihon Keizai Shimbun January 2018, 5
- ^ President Kosei Shindo talks about the meaning of "Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal" becoming "Nippon Steel"Diamond online
- ^ "Made European specialty steel manufacturer Ovako AB a wholly owned subsidiary-Become a member of the Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Group-”. Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation. 2018th of February 11Browse.
- ^ "Concluded a stock exchange agreement for making Nisshin Steel Co., Ltd. a wholly owned subsidiary of Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, and integrated the stainless steel plate business of Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, Nisshin Steel Co., Ltd. and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Stainless Steel Corporation. Notice regarding the conclusion of the basic agreement". 2019th of February 3Browse.
- ^ "Matters concerning controlling shareholders”. Sanyo Special Steel Co., Ltd. 2019th of February 8Browse.
- ^ "Notice regarding the transfer of shares of Kashima Antlers FC Co., Ltd.”. Mercari Co., Ltd., Nippon Steel Corporation, Kashima Antlers FC Co., Ltd. (created on July 2019, 7). 2019th of February 7Browse.
- ^ "Mercari to acquire 61.6% stake in Kashima Antlers from Nippon Steel”. Reuters (created May 2019, 7). 2019th of February 7Browse.
- ^ "Mercari, JXNUMX Kashima under its umbrella = XNUMX billion yen on August XNUMX-Soccer”. Jiji Press (created on April 2019, 7). 2019th of February 7Browse.
- ^ a b "Nippon Steel to suspend one blast furnace in Kashima”. Kyodo News. 2021th of February 2Browse.
- ^ "Kokura blast furnace, postponed for 20 years to suspend new casting equipment in Tobata at the end of XNUMX". Mainichi Newspapers (Mainichi Newspaper). (March 2016, 3). 31-2016-03 2016th of February 3Browse.
- ^ "Nippon Steel and Nisshin Steel merged with an eye on future facility reductions”(Japanese). Nihon Keizai Shimbun (September 2019, 10). 2019th of February 10Browse.
- ^ "Notice Concerning Merger of Nippon Steel Corporation and Nippon Steel Nisshin Steel Co., Ltd."Nippon Steel. (October 2019, 10) 2019th of February 11Browse.
- ^ “About the integration and reorganization of steelworks organization”Nippon Steel. (October 2019, 11) 2019th of February 11Browse.
- ^ Suspected fraud due to fictitious delivery, arrested three former employees of Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal ... Is the damage amount XNUMX million yen? Hyogo Prefectural Police Sankei Shimbun March 2018, 8
- ^ “内定者に不適切行為 男性社員を懲戒解雇 日鉄鹿島”. Ibaraki Shimbun Cross Eye(July 2021, 6) 2021th of February 6Browse.
- ^ “「断ったら内定取り消しだよ」 女性に性的関係迫る 日本製鉄、社員を懲戒解雇（有料記事）”. Mainichi Newspapers(July 2021, 6) 2021th of February 6Browse.
- "Made in Japan-Guidelines for Japanese Manufacturing Transformation" (Diamond Company, 1994)
- "Industrial Technology Junior College Information 2011" (Industrial Technology Junior College, 2010)
- "Ayumi of the College of Industrial Technology Fifty Years" (Steel Academy Industrial Technology Junior College, 2012.4.25)
- Member organization
- Former hospital attached to the steelworks
- Steel Memorial Muroran Hospital - 1992Independent in (4)
- Seitetsu Memorial Hospital- Nippon Steel Kamaishi Steel WorksFormerly attached hospital.1990Independently operated by the medical corporation Rakuyamakai in 2.
- Steel Memorial Hirohata Hospital - 1998Independent in (10)
- Steelmaking Memorial Yawata Hospital - 1997Independent in (9)
- Industrial Technology Junior College : University established by Japan Iron and Steel Federation
- Japan Ironworks Foundation- Kioi HallOperates
- : Shibuya WardNanpeidaichoGuest House in
- : Guest House in Muroran
- : Arata EndoFormer Nippon Steel Guest House designed by
- Kashima Antlers : Sumitomo Metal Industries kicking teamIs the predecessor