U.S. Democrats have a long way to reach an agreement on spending bills
If you write the contents roughly
Congressman Cinema has challenged President Biden's proposal to raise taxes on businesses and the wealthy.
[Washington, XNUMXst, Reuters] – US Democratic Party Senator Manchin said on the XNUMXst, President Biden's signboard ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Joseph Robinet Biden Jr.(English:Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.,pronunciation:,BYfrom; pronunciation: [dʒoʊ ˈbaɪdən] ( Audio file) ,1942 May 11 –) IsThe United States of America Of政治家,Lawyer.. 46th generation of the countryPresident(In office: January 2021, 1 –).Abbreviated name TheJoe Biden(Joe Biden）[Annotation 1].New Castle CountyCongressman,DelawareElectionU.S. Senate,Vice PresidentInaugurated as President at the age of 2021 on January 1, 20[Annotation 2].John F. KennedySecond person sinceCatholicIs the president of,James BuchananSecond person sincePennsylvaniaAlso the president from.
XNUM X Year X NUM X Month X NUM X DayPennsylvaniaScrantonBorn inDelawareNew Castle CountyI grew up in.アイルランドsystemCatholic OfMiddle classBorn in a family..When I was a kidStutteringHe said he overcame it with his own vocal practice of reading Irish poetry in front of the mirror.In high school / universityAmerican footballCrazy about.
After studying at the University of DelawareSyracuse UniversityでDoctor of JusticeGet the issue..After going to law school1969 ToLawyerAnd,1970 In delawareElected as a member of the Diet.1973 In January, he was elected to the Delaware Senator at the age of 1, becoming the fifth youngest Senator in American history... In June of the same yearChristmasI lost my wife and daughter who went shopping in a car accident.. Current wife in June 1977JillRemarried.
From January 1973 to January 1, he served as a federal senator for six consecutive terms, working on diplomacy, criminal justice, drug issues, etc.Chairman ofSenate Foreign Relations CommitteeServed as chairman of..Established cross-partisan trust as a coordinated politician who values policy realization.
1991 1 of the monthGulf WarOpposed as a senator toEastern EuropeToNATOExpansion and the 1990sYugoslavia conflictSupported the intervention in.2002 OfIraq warI supported the approval resolution, but2007 Opposed to the increase in US troops.He also chaired the Senate Judiciary Committee from January 1987 to January 1, dealing with issues related to drug policy, crime prevention and civil liberties.Biden led efforts towards the enactment of the Violent Crime Control Act and the Violence Against Women Act.Robert BorkとClarence Thomas OfChief of the Supreme CourtSupervised the nomination to.
2008 United States Presidential ElectionでBarack ObamaHe resigned as a senator after being elected vice president. He was the fourth longest-serving senator..Obama and Biden2012 United States Presidential ElectionWas re-elected in Japan and served for two terms and eight years.Biden as Vice PresidentLehman shockOversaw infrastructure spending in 2009 to counter the recession.Biden's ParliamentRepublican PartyNegotiations with the Obama administration include the 2010 Tax Relief Act, which resolved the tax stalemate, the 2011 Budget Management Act, which resolved the debt cap crisis, and the 2012 US Tax Relief Act, which addressed the imminent fiscal cliff. Helped to pass.In foreign policy the United States andRussian FederationBetweenNew STARTLeading efforts towards the conclusion of the treaty,Military intervention in LibyaUntil the withdrawal of US troops in December 2011(I.e.Has jurisdiction over American policy towards. December 2012Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting IncidentLater, Biden led the "Gun Violence Task Force", which was established to address the causes of gun violence in the United States..
2015 The eldest son in MayBeau BidenTheBrain tumorDied in disappointment2016 United States Presidential ElectionSeeed off.2017 In 1 monthObamaPresident to BidenPresidential Medal of FreedomWas awarded.
In 4 month2020 United States Presidential ElectionAnnounced candidacy for.2020
Radical leftist candidates at the primary elections and caucuses that began in February in each stateBernie SandersDefeat them and winOf the 6 deputies needed to secure party nominations in June
May 11Presidential election was held inMay 11ToABC,AP communication,CNN,FOX News,NBC,New York Times,ReutersMajor media such as incumbentDonald TrumpReported that he defeated and secured victory.. Electoral votes were held in each state on December 12, but no breach of pledge vote occurred, ensuring a majority of 14 electors to win.,2021 May 1からMay 1House of RepresentativesJoint meetingThe voting result was approved in.May 1At noonInaugurationInaugurated as the 46th president.John F. KennedySinceCatholicThe president of, And the 78-year-old president who will be the oldest in history when he takes office..
Career before becoming president
Boy / student days
August 1942, 11,PennsylvaniaScrantonAt my father Joseph Biden Sr. (Joseph Robinette Biden Sr.) And mother Kathleen Eugenia Finnegan (Catherine Eugenia Finnegan) Was born as the eldest son of four siblings..Father Joseph Biden Sr. was in his twentiesヨ ッ ト-hunting-AutomobileHe lived a very wealthy life, such as being absorbed in his hobbies.But by the time his eldest son, Joe, was born, he failed in several businesses and had to live with Joe's maternal grandparents, the Finnegans, for several years. I was living a difficult life.
Then, in the economic downturn of the 1950s, my father, Joseph Sr., couldn't get enough jobs to make a living.When I was 10 years oldDelawareAfter moving to, my father was workingAir conditioninguseboilerThere is a cleaning companyDelawareNew Castle County OfWilmingtonMoving toAfter that, I will spend time here until I graduate from high school.Wilmington was the place where Biden later opened for the first time as a lawyer and is still home to the present day.By the way, before and after thisfluteBecause he lovedFleet Flutin JoeIt was said that it had the nickname.Then Joseph Sr.Secondhand car OfsalesmanThe Biden family will lead a stable life as a middle-class family..
Biden is a private Catholic school in ClaymontEnroll in1961 I spent time at this school until my graduation.While in schoolfootballHe is enthusiastic about baseball, especially in football, belonging to a high school football team,Half back(Running backA kind of. ) AndWide receiverHe played an active part in the position of, and played a part in growing the team that had been defeated for many years into a strong team until achieving undefeated season in the final grade...Political activities were also held at the Wilmington Theater.RacismOpposeSitting inWe actively worked on it, such as participating in activities.Although he was a mediocre and unobtrusive student in terms of schoolwork, Biden was a student who demonstrated leadership.
After graduating from Archmere Academy in 1961NewarkIt is inUniversity of DelawareGo on toHistoryとpoliticsMajored in.Initially as enthusiastic about football as he was at Archmere Academy, he is a team at the University of Delaware.Delaware Fighting Blue HensBelonging to, initially playing as a halfback in a freshman team..But when he was in his third year of college, he was on the college national team to spend some time with his girlfriend outside Delaware.Defensive backI had to give up my plan to play as..In this way, I was enthusiastic about sports and dating with friends and lovers.Because[Additional description required]In his majors in history and politics, his academic performance was not very good.Bachelor's degreeTo get,1965 Although he graduated in Japan, he graduated with a poor grade of 688th out of 506 students.But his friends were rather surprised by Biden's cramming talent..
after thatSyracuse University OfLaw schoolGo on to school.In the first year of school (1), it was discovered in 1965 that the article was plagiarized over five pages from an article in a legal review magazine (15 pages in total), and the subject "Legal Method (Legal Method)" was reported as a plagiarism case from the school. Although the "legal method)" credit was revoked, it was not subject to expulsion and Byden earned the credit in 5 the following year...Biden denies the case as malicious, saying it was "caused inadvertently by not knowing the exact rules for quoting."1968 ToDoctor of JusticeGet the issue, The next day after completion1969 DelawareBar associationJoin, In WilmingtonLawyerOpened as.
Vietnam WarBiden is in college1963 While attending law school1968 Until the boyhoodasthma5 times because of his medical historyConscriptionI was in grace.For this reason he was not in the Vietnam War.
Since childhoodStutteringIt took me until my early twenties to overcome it.I continued to read poetry in front of the mirror.Also close relativesAlcoholismI became a prohibitionist because I was suffering from it.
Senator elected, accident of losing ex-wife / daughter
Then in the November 1972 Senate electionDemocratic PartyRun from.I was incumbent at this timeRepublican Party OfCongressman was one of the prominent members, but Boggs was thinking of retiring from politics.However, over the succession of Boggs within the Republican Party, Pierre S. DuPont IV (later Governor of Delaware), who was a member of the House of Representatives from Delaware, and Harry G. Haskell, Jr., who was Mayor of Wilmington, confronted each other. There was a division within the Republican camp.As a breakthrough,Richard NixonPresidentBoggs accepted it because he asked Boggs to run for another term and promised full support from the Republicans.However, in the end Biden defeated Boggs and won.He was the fifth federal senator to win the election since its founding.
1972 May 12Wife Neria takes three children to Delaware to shop for ChristmasI was driving to Neria, but I was drivingStation WagonBut at the intersectiontrailerNeria and Naomi, who was still young, died after being hit bybaudとRobertSurvived but was seriously injured..Police records at the time are no longer available, but newspaper reports at the time reveal that the trailer driver is not negligent.[Annotation 3]..This day was just after he was elected to the Federal Senate.
From Young Senator to Veteran Senator
Biden once tried to decline the parliamentary position because of the care and care of his sons, but at that time the Democratic SenateHospital General AffairsMetMichael mansfieldPersuaded to refrain from declining, decided to take office as a member of the Diet,1973 May 1Was sworn in as a senator from his son's room.1973 From January, he went to the hospital as usual like other members of the Diet and started his activities as a member of the Diet.By this time Biden was thirty, and at the age of thirty, the senator was the fifth youngest in American history.Usually when you become a member of the DietWashington DCHe spent an hour and a half one-way commuting to and from his home in the suburbs of Wilmington and Washington, DC every day for his sons, with many lawmakers living in.
1974 BidentimeMagazine200 Faces for the FutureHe was selected as one of the members of the parliament, expanding his field of activity both inside and outside the parliament and increasing his name recognition.Also in private life1977 In June, he married his second wife, Jill Tracy Jacobs, and had a daughter (Ashley).1978 Defeats James H. Baxter Jr. to re-election,1984 Defeats John M. Barris in the election to win three elections We will continue to join the ranks of veteran lawmakers.
1974 In a June interview, he explained that his political position was liberal on civil rights, liberty, senior citizen issues and medical care, but conservative on abortion and military recruitment..
Many white voters in Delaware were against it in the mid-1970s.Bus commuting to eliminate discriminationI opposed it.Became one of the major opponents of the Democratic Senate..Legal like Southern StateHe was in favor of using the bus to correct the situation, but opposed the use of the bus to correct the de facto segregation resulting from racial patterns of neighboring residents such as Delaware...In 2019 at a debate on the Democratic candidate nomination battleKamala HarrisPursued from[Annotation 4].
The first 10 years of being a senatorArms controlWas often involved in.1979 To the Democratic PartyJimmy CarterPresident and Soviet UnionLeonid BrezhnevSigned between the Prime MinistersSALTIIBiden was in the Soviet Union after he was not ratified by the U.S. CongressAndrei GromuikoTalked with the Foreign Minister and called for amendments to address US concerns and Senate Foreign Relations Committee objections.
RepublicanRonald ReaganThe presidentStrategic defense conceptforJUMPSBiden called for strict adherence to the treaty when he insisted on a rough interpretation of . AlsoapartheidProceedSouth AfricaAt a Senate hearing about the support of the Reagan administrationSchultzAttracted attention by blaming the Secretary of State.
January 1981 OfWas inaugurated. 1984Cooperated as a leader of the Democratic Party of Japan.Later, the law became stricter, and Biden confessed that passing it in 2019 was a big mistake...His supporters praise him for modifying some of the worst parts of the law, which he credits as his greatest legislative achievement...This law And make it the most important legislature he has been involved inIs included.
1988 United States Presidential Election Primary Election and Brain Surgery
1987 May 6Next yearAnnounced to run for..His personalityFamiliarity as the Senate Judiciary Chairman overBaby boomerIt was regarded as a promising candidate because of its appeal to.If you are elected presidentJohn F. KennedyWas the second youngest president after.
Although it was a leading candidate until the first quarter of 1987In NovemberBritish Labor PartyParty leaderNeil KinnockThe suspicion of plagiarism of the content of the speech was raised, and the suspicion of plagiarism of the treatise during school days was also raised..
1988 In February Biden suffered from neck pain and was in an ambulanceWas transported to.Cerebral aneurysmSurgery on the brain due to rupture..During recoveryPulmonary embolismSuffering from serious complications..In May of the same year, he underwent surgery for a second cerebral aneurysm.Returned to the Senate 7 months after admission.
As Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee
After recovering from his illness, Biden was once again active as a senator.1991 1 of the monthGulf WarVoted against..In the same position as 55 out of 45 Democratic senators,Opposed that the United States bears almost all the burden in.
In 1991Croatia conflictInSerbianHearing the atrocities ofYugoslavia conflictInterested in.Bosnia and Herzegovina ConflictWhen the outbreak breaks out, the weapon embargo is liftedBosnian MuslimsTo provide and train weapons, support them with NATO airstrikes, and investigate war crimes.Biden was the first to insist on the policy... HoweverGeorge HW BushAdministration tooBill ClintonThe administration was also reluctant to implement this policy, fearing the Balkans would get tangled..1993 Biden in AprilRepublic of SerbiaPresidentThrobodan MilosevicIn a tense three-hour meeting, he told Milosevic, "I am you.War criminalI think that.Should be tried. ".1992 Wrote an amendment to urge the Bush administration to provide weapons to Bosnians.1994 It was changed to a slightly softer expression that the Clinton administration liked, but a year laterBob Doll,Joe LiebermanSigned a stronger proposal sponsored by..Biden states that it was "the most proud moment of public life" about influencing policy on the Balkans in the mid-1990s..
1997 ToSenate Foreign Relations CommitteeBecame the lead member of the Minority Party, and became chairman of the committee between 2001-2003 and 2007-2009, when the Democratic Party dominated the Senate...His stance on diplomacyBased on..He had a thick pipe with the Republicans and sometimes opposed Democratic policies..
1999 3 of the monthKosovo WarinsideFederal Republic of YugoslaviaAgainstNATO airstrikesSupported..Biden is a RepublicanJohn McCainIn collaboration with then-President Clinton, using all necessary forces, including ground troops, in KosovoAlbaniansCalled to block Yugoslavia's policy against Milosevic and confront Milosevic.
2001 Year of 9 MonthTerrorist attacksAfterOperation AfghanSupported.. In 2002, Biden became the Senate Diplomatic Committee Chairman.Saddam HusseinIs the greatest threat to national security and there is no choice but to eliminate it. ", May 10th of the same yearAgreeed with..Immediately after this, in November 2002Mid-term electionAs the Democratic Party fell into the minority party, he left the post of diplomatic chairman on January 2003, 1, when a new parliament was convened, and returned to the top member of the minority party.Also,2004/11He was eager to run for the presidential election, but eventually gave up.
after that,2006 After the Democratic Party returned to the majority in the November midterm elections2007 May 1He has been the chairman of the diplomatic committee for the second time.At the same time, he chairs a subcommittee on crime and narcotics that is linked to the Judiciary Committee.In particular, at the Foreign Affairs Committee, he made positive statements as a leader of the committee and as foreign transportation.Also, at the Senate plenary session, in connection with the Iraqi policy that was showing a deadlock,2007 May 9ToRepublican PartySenatorSam brownbackAt the same time, the non-binding "Iraq Division Resolution" was passed 75 to 23.
As of 2008, he has been elected six times in a row and has been in office for 6 years, and has become a major Democratic Party of the Senate who is neither pushed nor pushed.By the way, he is the longest-serving senator in the history of his hometown of Delaware.But with so many consecutive wins and long tenures, he is a senior senator in Delaware (in the United States). Senior Senator It is called.Of the two senators in each state, the one who has been elected consecutively and has a longer term will be the senior senator. ) Was in 2, which can be said to be quite late.This is Republican Senator William Victor Ross Jr., two years senior to Biden (William Victor Roth Jr.), But in the 1971 elections since his first visit in 2000, Democratic Governor Thomas Richard Carper (Thomas Richard CarperThis is because he maintained his seat for about 30 years until he lost to) and retired.
Second presidential election challenge, to vice president
Held in November 2008, it will be his second presidential election2008 United States Presidential ElectionChallenge, butBarack ObamaWith candidatesHillary ClintonThe top two candidates were in a position to push the others out, and withdrew on January 2.However, on August 1, Obama, who confirmed the nomination of the presidential candidate, announced his intention to nominate the vice presidential candidate, and after accepting this, on August 3,ColoradoDenverHeld atDemocratic National ConventionSo, along with Obama, he was officially nominated as the Democratic Party's vice presidential candidate.
The most promising candidate for Obama's vice president was Hillary Clinton, Obama's biggest opponent.The sentiment between Obama and Clinton's supporters has deteriorated during the fierce primary, and Obama-Clinton's "Dream Ticket" was expected for internal reconciliation.Therefore, there were some surprises about the choice of Biden.It is said that the reason for this selection was that the following points were evaluated.
- Being strong against whites (especially white workers) and Catholics, who are the voters who are said to be weak in Obama.
- He is a heavyweight Democratic centrist and has little political and ideological bias.At that time, Clinton was considered to be more liberal by the Democratic Party as well as Obama, and there was concern that the tickets between liberals would overwhelm the middle class, who hold the key to the election.
- Biden, who has a wealth of diplomatic experience as the Senate Diplomatic Chairman and is recognized as "foreign traffic" by the public, successfully complements Obama's weaknesses, especially in compensating for the lack of diplomatic experience that was pointed out regarding Obama. The point that you can.
- Biden, who was a heavyweight of the Senate Democratic Party, can be expected to have an influence on parliamentary measures..
- The union also has a thick pipe as an Irish Catholic
- Being from the middle class.
But the RepublicanJohn McCainThe candidate isSarah PalinWas compared with the fact that he was selected as a vice presidential candidate, and it seemed to be a modest choice.In addition, Biden pointed out the lack of experience of Obama in the primary, which was criticized by the Republican Party after accepting the nomination.
In the election campaign, Biden criticized McCain violently while Obama suppressed his offensive remarks.In the opinion poll after the debate on the Vice Presidential candidate with Palin, the majority of the respondents answered that "the debate was Biden's victory", but in terms of favorability, many were in favor of Palin.
2008 In the ballot counting of the presidential election held on November 11 (local time), Democratic Party Barack Obama was elected the 4th President of the United States, and he himself was confirmed to be the 44th Vice President.
By the way, Biden also ran for the Senator election, which was voted on the same day as the presidential election, assuming a defeat in the presidential election.In this election, 65% of the votes (25 votes) of the entire constituency were obtained, and the Republican Party, which was an opponent,He was elected to the Senate for the seventh time by making a big difference.Moreover2009 May 1In the 111th Congress, which opened inMay 1He remained in the Senate position until he resigned on the same day.He resigned from his post as chairman of the Senate diplomacy committee on January 1, triggered by the convocation of a new parliament.My last job as a diplomatic chairman was in the second week of January.(I.e.-アフガニスタン-PakistanIt was a visit to the three countries and a summit meeting.Biden's seat was given to Ted Kaufman, who had been his advisor for many years, and the post of diplomatic chairman2004 United States Presidential ElectionOf the Senator who was a Democratic presidential candidate inJohn Forbes KellyWas taken over by.
2009 May 1With the inauguration of Barack Obama, he was officially appointed Vice President.CapitolAttending Obama's inauguration at (Capitol Hill) with his wife, Jill, who became a second lady, prior to Obama,John Paul StevensFederal Supreme CourtHe took an oath of office in the presence of a judge.First Vice President from DelawareBecame the first Roman Catholic Vice President.
In addition, he has promoted the appointment of his own staff, with Ron Klein, a veteran Democratic Party lawyer, as the chief of staff and the director of public relations.timeAppointed Jay Kearney, Washington, DC bureau chief.
Biden is his predecessorDick CheneyHowever, unlike the conventional Vice President, policy making and practice, etc.George W. BushWhile he was involved in a fairly deep part of the president's administration, he said, "I myself (Cheney前Vice President(Like) I will not be deeply involved in the president's policy decisions. "On the other hand, he said, "When President Obama makes a serious decision, he will give advice and advice in all of them."
According to members of the Obama administration, Vice President Biden's role in the administration was to dare to disagree and try to force others to defend his position...White House Chief of StaffBidenCollective thinkingIt is evaluated that it prevented falling into..Biden's spokesman also said, "Biden isSituation roomPlayed the villain of..Obama also said, "The best thing about Joe is that when everyone gets together, he's forced to think, keep his position, and see things from every angle. That's very important to me. "It has said
Obama, who declared that he would end his role in Iraq by August 2010, appointed Biden as responsible for Iraq in June 8, after which Biden visited Iraq once every two months.Became a government dignitary to convey the message of the U.S. government to the Iraqi government.. Biden visited Iraq eight times until 2012, but Biden's involvement in Iraq diminished when US troops withdrew from Iraq in 8..
When the Democratic Party was defeated in the November 2010 midterm elections, Biden's role in connecting with Republicans in a long parliamentary life became more important.. New Strategic Arms Reduction TreatyIt was Biden who led the passage of the Senate.. Also in decemberBush tax cutsSummarized a compromise with the Republican Party, including an extension of.
2011 yearsNATO OfLibyan military interventionSupported.ロシアIn favor of having a closer economic relationship with RussiaWTOSupported membership..Biden was carried out on May 2011, 5, according to some reportsBin Laden killing operationWas against.
Due to the declining approval rating of the Obama administration, there were voices saying that the vice presidential candidate should be replaced by Hillary Clinton instead of Biden in the November 2012 presidential election.Obama continued to be re-elected with Biden as Vice Presidential candidate.
2012 Year of 12 MonthSandy Hook Elementary School Shooting IncidentBecame the head of a special team established in response to consider tightening gun control.. Republican Party on the 31stMitch McConnellConcluded an agreement with the Senate General Affairs to avoid the "fiscal cliff".
2014 In 3 monthRussia annexes CrimeaThe Obama administration will forceウクライナIn support of the government, it supported Ukraine and sanctioned the Russian economy.Biden also in December 2015Ukrainian parliamentMade a speech in support of Ukraine..Biden is also a South American leader and has visited South America 16 times during his tenure as Vice President..
2016 In 8 monthEur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.euVisiting the presidentAlexander VucicAnd expressed condolences to the civilian victims of the bombing during the Kosovo War...In Kosovo, he contributed to the training of judges and prosecutors in Kosovo, and is the son who died in May 2015.Beau BidenA highway named after Bo was created in honor of his achievements, and his father Joe Biden attended the ceremony..
2016 United States Presidential ElectionObama was unable to run due to a limited term, so Biden's run was sought after, and he was appointed by Draft.CAPWas also formed.. As of September 2015, 9, he said he had not decided whether to run or not. Announced that he would not run on October 10st of the same year.Democratic primaryThen, with Obama, he did not initially express support for any of the candidates,Hillary ClintonAnnounced support for the candidate on June 2016, 6, after confirming the nomination.
2017 May 1Was praised for his service as Vice PresidentPresidential Medal of FreedomWas awarded by President Obama.Biden, who had not been informed of the award in advance, wept and gave an improvised speech for 20 minutes..
Winning in the third presidential election challenge
Background of running
2017 May 6Political Action Committee (PAC) "Potential of the United States (American Possibilities) ”Was announced.2020 United States Presidential ElectionIt was reported that he may be considering running for.
In the statement in the video, about the reason for running2017 In 8 monthVirginiaCharlottesvilleGot up inFar right"The president of the United States said by this word, noting that Trump did not blame the far right for" there were wonderful people on either side "about the death of a woman in a clash between the group and its opponents. Treated those who spread hatred and those who bravely confronted it ethically equally. "" The core values of this country, our democracy, everything that makes America America is at risk. "When history looks back over the last four years, I think there are only anomalies left. But if Mr. Trump stays in the White House for eight years, he will be the essence of America and ours. It will change the nature forever and radically. You can't just look at it silently. ".
Party presidential nomination battle
Biden's performance in the Democratic candidate debate on June 2019, 6 was criticized, but a survey of candidates conducted by CNN on Democratic and pro-Democratic registered voters in August found that Take the lead with 27 percent support..However, just before the primary election and caucuses2020 May 1Left-wing candidate in CNN pollBernie SandersWas overtaken by the approval rating.
The first match of the Democratic Party nomination candidate selection on February 2IowaA caucuse was held.In the announcement of the provisional results the next day, the centristsPete ButtigiegBecame the leader, Biden sank to 4th..Next February 2thNew HampshireIn the primaries, Sanders took the lead and Biden was fifth... Sanders also won the third round of the Nevada Caucus on February 3, and Biden was in second place but far behind...On the 29th of the same month, it was thought that if he could not win, he would be defeated.South carolinaWon the first victory in the fourth race in the primary election.
Super TuesdayButtigieg on March 3st, just before the event, and on the following 1ndAmy KlobucharAnnounced that they would withdraw from the primary election campaign, and both expressed their support for Biden.As a result, the Democratic centrists were united under Biden to confront the leftist Sanders...He defeated Sanders in 3 states at the primary election and caucuses (Super Tuesday) held in 3 states on March 14, making him the top candidate for the number of delegates...With the victory of Super Tuesday, the approval rating also increased, overtaking Sanders to regain the top approval rating... On June 3Michael bloombergWithdrew and expressed support for BidenOn October 3stElizabeth WarrenWithdrew, but she didn't say who she would support.
May 3There were primaries and caucuses in 6 states, including Michigan, and winning in 4 states gave them even more dominance... Biden won a big victory in the primaries of three states, including Florida on March 3, and further separated Sanders to win the nomination.It can be confirmed that the liberal layer, which should have been the bedrock layer of Sanders, tends to vote for Biden away from Sanders..
May 3Announced withdrawal toTulsi GabbardAlso expressed support for Biden..Sanders, the last remaining opponent, also announced withdrawal on April 4.Announced support for Biden on April 4..This ensured Biden's nomination.In response to the candidate being decidedMay 4To the former presidentBarack ObamaExpressed support for Biden,May 4Received a statement of support from Warren who did not reveal his attitude,May 4Last candidateHillary ClintonEstablished a party-raising system in response to a statement of support from.
May 5ToPennsylvaniaAnd black menGeorge Floyd Case of being assaulted and killed by a white police officerRacist protest movement started in the wake ofBlack Lives MatterExpressed solidarity with (BLM). While clearly stating that he does not support violence by taking advantage of demonstrations, saying that "riots, looting, and arson are not protests. They are illegal acts." He criticized Trump's attitude of not denying his armed supporters as spurring the clash..
May 8Of non-white women who are half black and half IndianKamala HarrisAnnounced that he was selected as the Vice Presidential candidate.. It is considered to be a selection of people in consideration of the rise of the BLM movement..
March 8Democratic National ConventionHe was officially nominated as a party presidential candidate, and gave a speech to accept the nomination on the 20th, saying, "I am proud to accept the prestigious US presidential candidate nomination." "If we unite, we can overcome the dark season of the United States. He emphasized that he emphasizes science, protects the lives and lives of the people, cooperates with allies, does not become intimate with dictators, and emphasizes the dignity and harmony of all.He also criticized Trump, saying, "This president takes no responsibility, does not try to take the lead, blames others for everything, makes friends with the dictator, and continues to inflame hatred and division.".
Presidential election final
During the presidential election, Biden was in the Trump administrationNew coronavirus"The fact is that Donald Trump has failed to protect the United States and is terrorizing the United States," he criticized for the delay in infection control.He also denied the Trump administration's claim that "the worst of Corona has passed."As a result, the Trump camp held a large-scale rally and participants rarely wore masks, while the Biden camp held a drive-in style rally to drive in cars and asked participants to wear masks. Corona correspondence was seen.
Commitment to federal minimum wage of $ 15 per hour, investment of $ 2 trillion in green energy, federal budget of $ 4000 billion to promote purchase of American products,Obama careExpansion, criminal justice reform to correct racial discrimination (but opposed to police budget cuts claimed by the left), abolition of tax cuts for wealthy people and companies by the Trump administration, abolition of immigration control measures by the Trump administration, Trump administration WithdrewParis AgreementReturn to, abolishing Trump's diplomatic singularismNorth Atlantic Treaty OrganizationStrengthen relations with allies such as (NATO)ChugokuDiplomacy to counter the situation, exemption from repayment of student loans, free university, and provision of pre-elementary school learning opportunities to all citizens..In addition, he appealed for the mandatory wearing of masks in the US unit and the new corona measures to increase the inspection ability and expand the inspection by supporting the local government with funds and human resources, and received evaluation from infectious disease experts..
Candidates at the time as the cause of the Democratic Party's defeat in the last electionHillary ClintonThere was an analysis that he didn't get enough votes for the left because he disregarded the left too much, so the promise was considerably closer to the left...But for that reason, in the presidential election, Trump said, "BidenFar leftPuppet that was hijacked by,社会主義者of"Trojan horse"" It became a material to be attacked relentlessly.
May 9At the first presidential debate in Tokyo, Trump often interrupted Biden's time, so from the next time onwards, measures will be taken to cut off the other party's microphone for a certain period of time when one of the candidates speaks. became.
May 10ToTennesseeNashvilleAt the second presidential election debate held in Tokyo, there were no irregular remarks, unlike the previous one, and measures against the new coronavirus andnorth koreaEach other argued and criticized various policy issues such as issues, racial discrimination and climate change countermeasures...On the issue of racism, Trump said, "No one has contributed to black as much as I do, except for former President Lincoln." "I'm the most non-discriminatory person in this room." "One of the most racist presidents in modern history is here," Viden criticized..
May 11ToMain election of presidential electionIs implemented,May 11Biden was the main media in the morningClose battle state OfLast belt3 states (Pennsylvania,ミ シ ガ ン 州,Wisconsin), And it was reported that the election was confirmed because the number of elections who were sure to win reached the majority.In response, Biden declared victory that night and said, "I swear to be the president who unites rather than divides.State divided into red and blueInstead, to the president who sees the united state (the United States), to the president who strives with all his might to win the trust of all the people. ".May 11The winners of all 50 states were found, and Biden was the ground of the Rust Belt Sanshu and the Republican Party.ArizonaとGeorgiaBut it's expected to win and win 306 electors (232 for Trump), media reports said..
Incumbent presidentPlaying cardsDid not admit defeat and instructed ministries and agencies not to cooperate in the transition to power.However, concerns spread to the ruling and opposition parties that delays in procedures would adversely affect national security.May 11ToApproves the transition procedure.Biden is now able to receive government funding and access to confidential information to prepare for a transition.
With 2020 states nationwide on December 12, 14District of ColumbiaElectoral Voting Was Held..No elector voted for breach of pledge, President-elect confirmed with a majority of 306 electors.
In response to this result, Biden made another speech, expressing his recognition that the democratic system had withstood despite various attempts to overturn Trump's election results, saying, "The flames of democracy were long ago in this country. It was lit. It turned out that neither pandemic nor abuse of power could extinguish this flame. "" Democracy has won the fight for the soul of the United States. "And "it's time to turn the pages (from the Trump era) and get united and healed.""Through this election campaign, I said I would be president of all Americans. I will work as hard for those who voted for me as well as for those who did not vote for me." Said.
From January 2021, 1 in both the House and SenateJoint meetingWas scheduled to be officially finalized, but the election results will not be accepted immediately after the start of parliament.Trump supporters turn into mobs and break into Congress and occupy CongressThere has occurred..In response to the riot, Biden "has been exposed to unprecedented attacks on our democracy." "We rushed into the Capitol, broke windows, occupied offices and the US Senate, and were legally elected. Threatens the safety of lawmakers? This is not a protest, it's a rebellion. ".
Parliament was suspended due to the turmoil, but it resumed on the night of the 6th after the National Guard was mobilized to eliminate the invading Trump supporters, and the result of the electoral vote was approved and officially Biden on the early morning of the 7th. Was decided to win.
Preparing for the new Biden administration
After the final report of the presidential electionNew Biden administrationNominations for ministers are being made in sequence.Secretary of StateUnder the Obama administrationDeputy Secretary of StateServed asAntony Blinken,Secretary of DefenseFormer black army generalLloyd Austin,Treasury SecretaryToFederal Reserve Board(FRB) Former ChairJanet Yellen,Secretary of the InteriorIndigenous peopleNew mexicoCongressmanDeb Haaland,Attorney GeneralIs a liberal federal high judge who once failed to be the Supreme Court justice by the Obama administration in opposition to the Senate Republicans.Merrick Garland,Secretary of LaborToBoston Mayor,Secretary of TransportationToHomosexualityPerson (ゲ イ) Before professingSouth bendA young mayor who fought for a primary electionPete Buttigieg,Homeland Security SecretaryFormer Deputy Secretary of State for Hispanics,Health and Welfare SecretaryIs a Hispanic Attorney General of California,Secretary of AgricultureAlso served as Secretary of Agriculture in the Obama administrationTom Vilsack,Secretary of State InformationFormer CIA Deputy Secretary,Trade representativeToTaiwanOf the House of Representatives Revenue Committee Legal AdvisorCatherine Thai Was unofficially decided.However, the appointment of these ministerial posts requires the consent of the Senate..
White House Chief of StaffWas Biden's Chief of Staff during his time as Vice PresidentRon Klain, Responsible for comprehensive coordination of diplomacy and securityNational Security OfficerWas Biden's National Security Adviser during his time as Vice President.Jake SullivanWas nominated..Was Secretary of State of the Obama administrationJohn Forbes KellyIs the President's Special Envoy for Climate Change Was nominated for.A black woman who served as National Security Adviser and UN Ambassador during the Obama administration.Susan RiceBecomes the head of the domestic policy team..Senate approval is not required for these personnel.
Biden said, "(The new administration) wants to be something that symbolizes the United States," and it is considered that personnel affairs are considered to ensure diversity such as gender and race...If the above personnel are approved by the Senate, Harland will be the first indigenous minister.Buttigiegge is the first minister to publish homosexuality Becomes
Also, immediately after the decision, on November 2020, 11, under the new administrationNew coronavirusLead the measuresNew Coronavirus Advisory CommitteeAnnounced that it was founded.Consists of 13 experts, including epidemiologists, immunologists, and biological weapons defense experts.
2021 May 1 OfGeorgiaWhether the Senate election final vote (2 seats) will allow the Democratic Party to take the initiative in both the House and Senate, or become a "twisted parliament"May 1It was attracting attention as an election for the future of the new Biden administration that was launched from..Both President-elect Biden and incumbent President Donald Trump entered Georgia and delivered support speeches for their party candidates.Biden on the 4th of the previous dayAtlanta"(The New Year) got off to a terrible start," saying the Trump administration's slow distribution of the new coronavirus vaccine was "the president spends more time whining and complaining than dealing with the problem." "Tomorrow could be a new day for Atlanta, Georgia, and the United States," he said, saying that Democratic candidates would work to achieve a $ 2000 cash benefit for the public...After the ballot countingMay 1Both seats are Democratic candidates (と) Was reported.The Democratic Party has gained a majority in the Senate, including a casting vote by the next Vice President, Kamala Harris.The Democratic Party took control of the White House and both the House and Senate2009 Since then.
On January 1th, he welcomed his absence by saying, "He's a shame for the nation. It's good not to come," about Trump, who announced his absence from the presidential inauguration.on the other hand,Mike Pence"It's an honor (if you attend)," he said of the Vice President.It will be the first time in 1869 years since 152 that the former president will not attend the inauguration of the new president..."Impeachment is a parliamentary decision," he said, adding that "the impeachment is a parliamentary decision." It wasn't right. ".
On January 1th, the day before his inauguration, he addressed the National Guard headquarters in the name of his late eldest son, Bo, in his hometown of New Castle, Delaware. I wiped my tears.
President of the United States
With Kamala Harris in front of the Washington Parliament on January 2021, 1Presidential and Vice Presidential Inauguration CeremonyInaugurated as the 46th president..After the oath, "I put all my heart into bringing America together and rebuilding it." "We once again learned that democracy is valuable. Democracy is fragile, and everyone. At this time, democracy has overcome. "" Let's write together an American story of hope, not fear, unity, not division, light, not darkness. ".
15 during the same dayPresidential decree[Annotation 5]Sign.Paris Agreement on Climate Change ControlReturn to, revoking construction approval for "Keystone XL Pipeline" to carry crude oil from Canada to the Midwestern United States,ア ラ ス カ 州NortheastArctic National Wildlife RefugeSuspension of leasing activities for oil and gas development in Japan, fuel efficiency standards for automobiles,methaneIndicated a shift to an environment-oriented policy, such as instructions for reviewing emission regulations.. However,ア ラ ス カ 州Governor OfMike DunleavyThere are criticisms from. AlsoWHOCancellation of withdrawal from, Mandatory wearing masks and ensuring social distance in the federal government building,メキシコIncludes an order to lift the state of emergency, which was the basis for directing federal funding to the construction of the border wall with..The following day, January 1, a total of 21 presidential orders aimed at accelerating vaccine supply in order to curb the spread of the new coronavirus infection.[Annotation 6]Signed.
By January 1nd, the White HouseThe Oval OfficeThe Prime Minister of the United KingdomWinston ChurchillBust[Annotation 7]Was removed from the office and replaced by a Hispanic civil rights leader,Martin Luther KingPastor, younger brother of President Kennedy and Attorney GeneralRobert Kennedy, Civil rights activistRosa Parks,Franklin RooseveltPresident's wifeEleanor RooseveltBust was placed..Also, the most prominent place above the fireplace was a portrait of Franklin Roosevelt's 32nd President (in the Trump era).George WashingtonPortrait of the first president).On both sidesThomas JeffersonConflict between the third president and then president JeffersonAlexander HamiltonPortraits of the Treasury Secretary were lined up. "The disagreement within the republic is a symbol of importance to democracy," explains the Biden administration.On the other side, with the first president of George Washington,Abraham LincolnPortraits of the 16th president were displayed in pairs.
Prioritize American products in government procurement on January 1Executive order to strengthen the operation of Signed.. On the 27th, he signed a series of executive orders on climate change measures, such as banning new drilling of oil and natural gas on public land and doubling offshore wind power generation by 2030. "Today is the White House's Climate Change Day," he said, adding that the United States "must lead" the global response to the climate change crisis... On January 1, he signed two executive orders aimed at expanding public health insurance coverage to "repair the damage caused by the former Trump administration."He also instructed federal agencies to review policies such as stricter eligibility for Medicaid (public health insurance for low-income earners) implemented under the Trump administration..
On March 3, it signed and passed a $ 11 trillion new coronavirus additional economic measures bill.Regarding cash benefits, which are the pillar of additional measures, the White House estimates that approximately 1 million households will be eligible for benefits..
On March 3, the promised 20 million vaccinations within 100 days were achieved in about 1 days..
The first formal press conference since taking office on March 3 defined Sino-US relations as "the struggle between democracy and tyranny in the 26st century."China's ambition to become the world's largest power has stated that it will not do so as long as it is president.More children are trying to enter the United States from Mexico at the southern border, and the Biden administration has changed the policy of the former Trump administration on the problem of being kept in the facility of the authorities, and only children who are not accompanied by parents etc. can enter the country In response to the suspicion that he had begun to admit, he explained that he would hurry to take measures such as securing facilities for temporary stays, and said, "I will not apologize for stopping the Trump administration's too inhumane policy." Stated..He also denied at a press conference the rumor that he was planning to quit in the first term from his age, and showed his willingness to run in 1..
On March 3, it announced an infrastructure plan worth $ 31 trillion under the name of "American Employment Plan."Biden says that if the plan is successful, 2 million jobs will be created...He also proposed raising the federal corporate tax, which the former Trump administration had reduced from 35% to 21%, to 28% as one of its financial resources. It is said that it will withdraw the tax cuts implemented by the Trump administration in 2017 for preferential treatment for wealthy people and large corporations, but the corporate tax increase is strongly opposed by opposition Republicans and corporate lobbyists in Washington, and 25 from moderate Democrats There is also a compromise that we can support if we raise it to%..
On April 4th, it announced the first gun control policy aimed at regulating homemade guns called "ghost guns" that have no serial number and are difficult to track.It has shown its willingness to issue additional regulatory policies.The federal parliament is discussing a bill to tighten identity verification when purchasing guns, but the opposition Republican Party is against it, and the ruling Democratic Party is also cautious.From regulatory opponentsUnconstitutionProceedings may be filed as.
On April 4, a statement was issued following a conviction in a trial of a former police officer charged with murder for killing George Floyd, saying, "Mr. Floyd will not return, but this verdict is It could be a big step forward in the fight for justice in the United States. "" We have to stop here for real reform and work harder to prevent a tragedy like this one from happening again. Don't forget Floyd's last word, "I can't breathe." It's time for a big change, "he said, calling for the need for racial discrimination and police reform..
March 4Policy speech at the joint session of the Senate and SenateWas done.He took over the administration during the new corona crisis, but declared that "America has begun to move again" as it is getting out of the crisis in 100 days.Also in ChinaXi JinpingTo win the competition with China, he redefined the general secretary as "tyrannical" and said, "They of tyrannicalists think that democracy cannot compete with tyrannicalism in the 21st century." He emphasized the need for economic policies that will lead to domestic reconciliation and the revival of the middle class.He called on the people to overcome divisions and unite in order to show the superiority of democracy. "What made this countryWall streetIt's not the middle class, "he said, showing his support for low- and middle-income workers.In addition to the $ 2 trillion infrastructure plan announced earlier, it has shown additional economic measures totaling $ 1.8 trillion centered on childcare and educational support, such as free child education.He said that the tax increase for the wealthy should be the main source of revenue, and demanded budgetary measures from Congress..
Approximately $ 5500 billion of the federal budget will be used for the development of highways, roads, bridges, urban public transportation and passenger railroads, the provision of clean drinking water, high-speed Internet lines, and the development of national networks such as electric vehicle charging spots. He promoted the infrastructure investment bill and passed it on November 11 with the approval of some Republicans, even though he was struck by some Democrats in the House of Representatives.It will be the scale of domestic infrastructure investment in the United States for decades..
Policy staff (Cabinet of the United States)
- Height is 182 cm.
- ReligionRoman Catholic..The entire family is Roman Catholic and is located in the Brandywine district of Grenville, Delaware. OfMassAttend regularly. As of 2021, Catholics who became president of the United States were inaugurated in 1961.John F. KennedyAnd Biden are the only two.
- He professes not to drink alcohol at all.This is to his close relativesAlcoholismIs because it is widespread.By the way, I fought the presidential electionDonald TrumpIs known for not drinking alcohol at all for the same reason.
- On the other hand, I love sweets, especially ice cream...By the way, his favorite type of ice cream is ice cream with chocolate chips.
- When I was a kidStutteringIn high school, it was so nicknamed "dash" (English equivalent to "two" in "ton-to-ton" of Morse code. Utterances are intermittent like Morse code. Morse code that made fun of hearing..However, the pronunciation was thoroughly corrected by repeating special training such as reading poetry into the mirror every day...Even now, the symptoms of stuttering sometimes appear faintly, but the surroundings are completely unaware..
- I have been using pilot sunglasses since I was a college student., Pilot sunglasses have become Biden's trademark. He also presented U.S. military pilot sunglasses at the first summit meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Switzerland in June 2021..
- Every yearMay 12In memory of his first wife, Neria, and his eldest daughter, Naomi, who died in the car accident mentioned above, he does not do any work.
- It is sometimes called a "survivor" because of its turbulent career as mentioned above.
- In taking office as Vice Presidentsecret ServiceIs assigned a code name (a common name used by guards for wireless communication during guard missions), and the code name is "Celtic".this is,"CelticIt is a word that means "of Biden"Descendants of Irish immigrantsIt is based on the origin of.
- Philadelphia PhilliesIs a fan of the Democratic Party of JapanJimmy RollinsHanded me a special uniform.
- 2010 May 3When President Obama signed the Medical Insurance Reform Act, which paves the way for a universal health insurance system, he hugged Obama and was so happy that he said, "This is a big fucking deal!" I said unintentionally. "FuckIs a very vulgar word in English, and the people involved were forced to put out the fire..
- 2 animalsGerman shepherd-Champ and MajorI have.After the 2008 presidential election, Champ was promised to choose a dog with his wife, Jill.Major in 2018DelawareTaken over by the Biden family through the animal protection group of..These two dogs also entered the White House.Former President Trump was the first president in 2 years to have no pets, soFirst petThe tradition of "" has been revived.A spokesman for President Jill Biden told CNN TV that "Champ was enjoying a new bed by the fireplace and the majors liked running around the South Lawn.".
- Since the days of the Senate and Vice PresidentAmtrakIt is said that he has traveled between his hometown and Washington about 8000 times.Therefore, it took the nickname of "Amtrak Joe"... At the presidential inauguration ceremony on January 2021, 1, a plan to move from Wilmington, Delaware to the capital Washington using Amtrak was being considered, but it was canceled due to the attack on the Capitol...We are also investing in railways in terms of policies such as infrastructure development and environmental protection..
Relationship with Japan
- 2011 I came to Japan as Vice President in August andGreat East Japan EarthquakeIs a disaster areaMiyagiAre visiting.at that time"Operation Tomodachi"soUS Army in JapanThe unit was involved in the restorationSendai AirportWelcomed Biden atGovernor of Miyagi PrefectureYoshihiro MuraiIt is,2020 Biden in AugustPresidential electionAfter being elected, he commented, "I am very connected to Miyagi." "I was very pleased to be president. I was very pleased with the disaster area.".
- 2013 I came to Japan as Vice President in August andShinzo Abeprime ministerI met.So far, the U.S. government has been modestly warning at this time.Yasukuni ShrineBiden conveyed concerns about worship to Abe, and the U.S. government thought that it had been correctly conveyed to the Japanese side, but shortly thereafter, Abe's visit to Yasukuni was held on December 12, which is unusual for the U.S. government. It is believed to have led to a "heartfelt disappointment" statement..
- 2016 August 8th of the same yearPresidential electionWas a Democratic presidential candidateHillary ClintonWith the support ofPennsylvaniaWhen I made a speech atnuclear weaponsRepublican presidential candidate who was developing the theory of possession acceptanceDonald Trump"(Japan) cannot be a nuclear power" because of criticism ofThe Constitution of JapanDoes he (Trump) know what we wrote? "It is unusual for US government officials to emphasize the drafting of the Constitution of Japan by the United States..
- Biden camp during the 2020 US presidential electionNintendoGame console "Nintendo SwitchGame for ""Animal Crossing Forest"Election Headquarters" was set up in.
- After Biden's presidential electionKumamotoYamato-choMayor ofYutaka UmedaWhen (Umeda Yutaka) is read aloud, it can be read as "Joe Biden", so it was called "Joe Biden in Japan" and became a hot topic.. AlsoYamaguchi Ube CityBus stop "Kamiumeda" とFukushimaSukagawaBus stop "Kami Umeda" It became a hot topic because it could be read aloud as "Joe Biden".
- TokyoTaitoDoll shopKyugetsu Of2021 Biden and Harris were selected for "Expectation Bina" in (Reiwa 3rd year), and two Hina dolls with masks were made..
- Biden and the Prime Minister of Japan on January 2021, 1Yoshii KanAt the time of the Japan-US summit meeting, the two were to call "Yoshi" and "Joe" by their first names... Successor Prime Minister on October 2021, 10Fumio KishidaIt was confirmed that they would call "Joe" and "Fumio" there as well...The reason why the leaders of Japan and the United States call each other by their first names isRonald ReaganとYasuhiro NakasoneIt is said that it started with "Ron" and "Yasu".
- On February 2021, 2, under the Democratic Party of Japan in 19Franklin RooseveltSigned by the presidentPresidential decreeMade in various parts of the United StatesDetention of NikkeiIn response to the 79th anniversary of the announcement, Biden said, "I suffered from these policies.Japanese AmericanWe reaffirm the official federal apology to the United States, "and apologized again, stating that it was" one of the most shameful times in US history. "..In the pastRepublican Party OfRonald Reagan, DemocraticBill ClintonThe successive presidents have officially acknowledged and apologized for the mistake in the concentration camp of Japanese Americans.
- Former Prime Minister on March 2021, 3Shinzo AbeAccording to a report on Twitter, the American FoundationReceived a telegram from Biden saying, "Thank you for Abe's significant contributions around the world and for Abe's own long-standing steering of the Japan-US alliance." It is said that.Abe posted that he "feels the weight of the award again" about receiving the congratulatory telegram from Biden..
- Yoshii KanThe prime minister is in 2021May 4-18 daysVisited the United States on the same schedule and became the Biden administration for the first timeWhite HouseBecame a foreign leader..In addition, in the US-Japan Summit Joint Statement "Japan-US Global Partnership in a New Era" released on April 4 of the same year, "the importance of peace and stability in the Taiwan Strait is emphasized, and the peaceful cross-strait issue is peaceful. Prompt for a solution. "The US-Japan Leaders' Statement clearly states the Taiwan Strait1972 (Showa 47) DecemberJapan-China relations normalizationprevious1969 (Showa 44) Joint statement in November (Eisaku SatoPrime Minister,Richard NixonSince the president).
Family / origin
January 1942England-France-Irish descentBorn as the eldest son of four siblings, born between the blood-sucking real estate agent Joseph Robinet Biden Sr. and his Irish wife Catherine Eugene "Gene" Biden (formerly Finnegan), with two younger brothers. I have one sister.He also has two boys and one girl with his first wife, Neira, and one girl with his second wife, Jill.His close relatives are:
- Joseph Robinette Biden Sr.: Father (November 1915-September 11).
- Kathleen Eugene “Gene” Finnegan: Mother (July 1917-January 7)).
- James Brian Byden: Brother.
- Francis W. Biden: Brother.
- Valerie Biden Owens: Sister (April 1945-).
- Neilia Hunter: The first wife to get married in August 1966. He died in a car accident in December 8.
- Joseph Robinette “Beau” Biden III: Eldest son (February 1969-May 2).He was the Attorney General of Delaware.Died of a brain tumor..Democrat.
- Robert Hunter Biden: Second son (February 1970-).LovingOffice Older Biden & BlairLLPCo-founder andAmtrakVice-chairman of the Management Committee of.
- Naomi Christina Biden: Eldest daughter (November 1971-December 11).As mentioned above, he died in a car accident with Nailia.
- Jill Tracy Jacobs Byden: Second wife married in June 1977.Second lady(Term: January 2009-January 1).
- Ashley Blazer Biden: Second daughter (June 1981-).CurrentlySocial workerWorking as.
Biden's paternal Biden family was the generation of his grandfather William Biden.1822 ToThe United Kingdom-England-SussexFrom AmericaMarylandIs a house that immigrated to..The family name "Biden" came to be seen in England13st centuryAnd this surname isOld frenchIt seems to be derived from Buton, which means Button.11st century OfNorman ConquestIt is thought that the family name has entered England since then..
Biden's maternal Finnegan family was in the days of his mother's great-grandfather OwenアイルランドIt is a house that immigrated to the United States from..Also for my mother Catherine's maternal grandfatherParliamentarianThere is.His father Edward Brewitt (Edward Blewitt) Is1851 At that timeThe United KingdomWas under ruleアイルランド-Mayo-Ireland from the United States to escape famine and povertyニ ュ ー ヨ ー クWas an Irish immigrant who emigrated to.
That's why Ireland got excited after Biden won the presidential election.Irish Prime MinisterMicheál MartinIs one of the first leaders to congratulate Biden, ignoring Trump, who does not admit defeat, after Biden's belief was reported...According to Prime Minister Martin, he is "the Irish-American president since John F. Kennedy."..Biden himself was a Vice President2016 I visited Ballina, Ireland for the first time, and deepened exchanges with relatives who remained there.The family of Irish Joe Brewitt, whose father is Biden's "my cousin"White HouseHe has a relative relationship with Biden, such as being invited to.According to him, Biden has promised to visit his hometown of Ireland again..
Policy stance / main activities
Basic position Democratic PartyWithinCentristWhen he was a senator, he was more liberal than 51 percent of Democrats.Of liberal supportersAmericans for Democratic Action(American's for Demo Classic Action) awarded a liberal score of 80 percent, while a conservative group American Conservative Union Was awarded a maintenance score of 13 percent.
In the field of diplomacy, which he is most good at, he makes various remarks and policy proposals, and also shows one side of the activist, such as visiting each country.
He is a follower of international liberalism (liberal internationalism) and is reflected in his foreign policy stance.In the Senate, he is a Republican leader who also advocates liberal internationalism.Jesse HelmsHe often voted with both senators (Helms is the deceased), which often violated the policy of his party, the Democratic Party.
After the presidential election2020 May 11"America is back" "Not only by power, but also as an example and leading the world" "Leading rather than turning away from the world. Against hostile nations and keeping allies away. Of our values I will stand up for this, "he said, breaking away from Trump's American first principle and returning to the leadership of the international community.Rule of law-Democracy-human rights such asDiplomacyAnd showed a policy of emphasizing allies.
First big stage
Second strategic weapons restriction negotiationA series of activities surrounding (SALT II) made Biden famous. SALT II1979 In 6 monthオーストリア OfViennaIn the United StatesJimmy CarterWith the presidentUSSR OfLeonid BrezhnevIt was signed between the general secretaries and only waited for the approval and ratification of the federal parliament.However, in the original draft, it was a difficult situation to get approval for more than two-thirds of the number of members required for ratification, and the Senate executives had difficulty responding, and although it was expected that approval could be obtained by adding an amendment. The addition of the amendment required the approval of the partner country, the Soviet Union.So the executive department was one of the second young senators at the time, just for the sake of it.MoscowTo Biden, who was supposed to go to, the Soviet Union at that timeAndrei GromuikoHe entrusted him with the important task of negotiating with the Foreign Minister and obtaining consent to add amendments.At that time, Gromyko took the nickname of "Mr. Niet" ("Niet" means "NO" in Russian) because of his strong bargaining stance.DiplomatThis mission was a heavy burden for the young member of the Diet, Biden.But in the end, he succeeded in getting Gromyko of "Mr. Niet" to approve the addition of the amendment.After all, SALT II started at the end of the same yearSoviet invasion of AfghanistanRejected ratification by Congress due to1985 Although it expired in December, without the invasion of Afghanistan, approval by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which was the biggest challenge, was certain.In other words, it was such a "big Venus".This success was subsequently booked in various fields such as bargaining. But it is taken up.
Biden is especially on the Balkan PeninsulaKosovoActively tackled the issue of conflict in Japan, which attracted international attention in the 1990s.Bill ClintonHe is known for his efforts to influence the president's policies.While he repeatedly visits conflict areasKosovo ConflictAt the timeユ ー ゴ ス ラ ビ アBeing presidentSerbianWas also a representative of the forcesThrobodan MilosevicHe struggled to resolve the dispute, such as holding a confidential meeting at midnight and trying to resolve the situation.
The decision to directly intervene in the NATO army in the Kosovo WarBosnia and Herzegovina ConflictThe experience at is involved.Around 5, during the Bosnian-Herzegovina conflict that occurred about five years before the Kosovo conflict, it became difficult to overcome the situation through negotiations.MuslimsLedEur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.euLifting the arms embargo on the government and investigating war crimes,NATO armyWill appeal to the government for active intervention, mainly the implementation of air strikes by the government.The recommendation at this time isClintonPresident in 1999Kosovo crisisWas executed at the timeOperation Allied ForceIt was an important opportunity to allow armed sanctions and interventions against systematic human rights violations against Albanian residents, mainly by Serbian forces.In addition, during the Kosovo crisis, the president (Clinton) expressed his stance to defend the US direct attack on Serbia and cooperated with Republican lawmakers who supported it to use "all necessary force" against Serbia. The "McCain-Biden-Kosovo Resolution" was passed.Biden himself wrote in his autobiography published for the presidential campaign that his activities at this time were "the most proud achievements in foreign policy."
Policy toward the Middle East
2003 Started in AprilIraq warInGeorge W. BushWhen the administration announced that it would use force, it showed its willingness to accept it, and voted in favor of the aforementioned "Resolution to allow the use of force against Iraq."However, the Bush administration aimedSaddam HusseinHe expressed opposition to the exclusion of the dictatorship.It also allows the Bush administration to act unilaterally and "preemptive strikes for self-defense."Bush doctrineIs also criticized.In this way, while criticizing the Bush administration, at firstIraq warBiden was positive about the start of the war, but when the situation in Iraq became swamped after that, he turned to the opposite.2007 He also opposed the government's initial bill to increase the number of US troops in Iraq.
Biden has long advocated the so-called "Iraq 3 division plan" as a means of collecting the Iraq war and the confusion and civil war that accompany it.This plan is for Iraq respectivelyShiite-Sunni-KurdishDivided into areas of, consisting of these three areasFederal stateIt is a thing to do.The above-mentioned "Iraq division resolution" is the one that officially proposed this proposal as a counter-measure to the above-mentioned US military increase bill.In proposing this resolution, he is the same Iraqi divisionist as Biden.Republican PartySenatorSam brownbackAlso expressed its support and listed as a co-sponsor.This resolution is2007 May 9In the Senate, it was approved by a majority of 75 to 23.
After the birth of the Obama administration aiming to withdraw troops from Iraq, Obama said, "Joe, you're going to Iraq (Joe, you do Iraq) ”, And Vice President Biden will be in charge of the Iraq issue...Since then, Biden has visited Iraq eight times by 2012 and was involved in the Iraqi issue until the U.S. military withdrew from Iraq in 8..
Leftist candidate at the debate on the presidential candidate nomination battle on January 2020, 1Bernie Sanders"Biden agreed with the 2002 Iraq War approval resolution," he criticized.In response, Biden said, "It was a mistake to trust that they (the Bush Republican government at the time) said they would not enter the war." "They said they would just send inspectors. In fact, the world He has decided to dispatch an inspector and has entered the war, "he explained, and explained that he had worked on the return of the army as Vice President of President Obama, and his actions after that were on stage. He said he was ready to compare with other candidates.
Robert GatesFormer Secretary of Defense criticized Biden in his memoirs, saying, "In the last 40 years, we have been wrong on almost all major diplomatic and national security issues."Byden points out that he opposed the Gulf War based on the United Nations resolution, the response to the Iraq war, the intensification of terrorism with the withdrawal of Iraq in 2011, and the opposition to the increase in Afghanistan..
Kori Sheikh, a foreign policy expert at the American Institute of Public Policy, said that Biden's diplomacy is better than Trump's diplomacy, but "lacks a consistent philosophy of when and how to use military power." And it should not be overlooked that it continues to advocate the wrong foreign policy. ".
Israel's after being certain to win the presidential election in November 2020Benjamin NetanyahuBiden promised to "firmly support Israel's security and the future of Jews as a democracy" in a telephone conversation with the Prime Minister, but Biden has reviewed the Trump administration's Israeli shoulder diplomacy and Israel is opposed.Iran nuclear agreementThere is uncertainty about future US-Israel relations as he is eager to return to.
On January 2021, 1, Chargé d'Affaires Mills of the United States said that the new Biden administration supported the "two-state coexistence" of Israel and Palestine, and revived and closed Palestine humanitarian aid, which was significantly reduced by the former Trump administration. The diplomatic mission has also announced that it will reopen.Clarified the stance of changing the Middle East policy of the former Trump administration, where extreme pro-Israeli diplomacy was conspicuous, and strengthening involvement with the Palestinian side..
Regarding the Iran nuclear agreement, which the former Trump administration withdrew in 2018, he said that if Iran complies with the nuclear agreement, it will return, and France'sEmmanuel MacronThe president offers to act as an intermediary..However, since the Trump administration imposed economic sanctions such as the embargo on Iran's crude oil after the agreement was withdrawn, Iran has repeatedly deviated from the agreement, such as exceeding the upper limit of uranium enrichment, so Secretary of State Blinken is currently in the situation. Iran said, "In many ways it hasn't followed the rules and (return) is a long way to go."Even if Iran decides to comply with the agreement, it is expected that it will take time to evaluate (performance of obligations), and it is cautious about returning early..
On February 2021, 2, U.S. forces carried out an air strike on Syria's "pro-Iranian militia", the first military action under the Byden administration...According to U.S. officialsLloyd AustinPresident Biden allegedly decided with the advice of the Secretary of Defense.
On April 4, he announced that he would withdraw Afghanistan's troops by September, stating that "it is time to end the longest war in American history."He also touched on China, stating that "we should support (improve) America's competitiveness in dealing with fierce competition," and said it intends to shift its security focus from the war on terror to China..
Effective control of Gaza Strip in Palestine in early MayIslamic fundamentalism組織HamasIn the event of an armed conflict between Israel and Israel, while supporting Israel's right to self-defense, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority Chairman Abbas talked over the phone to work to ease tensions, and on May 5, a ceasefire agreement was reached through Egyptian mediation.Biden said that Netanyahu had agreed to a ceasefire with Hamas, an Islamic fundamentalist organization that effectively controls Gaza Strip, praised the decision to end the conflict and expressed his intention to urgently provide humanitarian assistance to Gaza...But former president Trump and others said, "(In the days when Trump was president) those who were against Israel knew that they would be immediately rewarded if they attacked Israel because the United States was determined to be with Israel." Biden's weakness and lack of support for Israel are causing new attacks on our allies. ".
Biden's decision to withdraw was criticized both internally and externally as the Taliban, an armed group, quickly overwhelmed Afghanistan after the withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan, but made a speech at the White House on August 8. He stated that he would "resolutely stick to his decision" and showed that there was no change in the policy..
Policy toward Europe
Biden had a series of telephone talks with European leaders on November 11 after the presidential election was confirmed, telling reporters that "the United States is back. Returning to the (diplomatic) game." ".Germany OfAngela MerkelTo the prime ministerNorth Atlantic Treaty Organization(NATO)European UnionWe will strive to strengthen US-Europe relations through the (EU). "Emmanuel MacronThe president is the development of Africa,(I.e.situation,(I.e.He said he had discussed cooperation on nuclear issues, etc..
The Trump administration took the position of disrespecting its allies with the "America first principle", but it was the European countries that suffered the most.European countries have requested an increase in defense spending from European countries, withdrew voluntarily from northeastern Syria in 2019 without notifying European countries, and decided to reduce US troops stationed in Germany in 2020, so European countries It was strengthening the opposition to the United States.US-Europe relations continue to deteriorate under the Trump administration,North Atlantic Treaty Organization(NATO) fell into a state of disagreement until it was described as "brain dead" (French President Emmanuel Macron), and there was a widespread sense of security crisis that it would give Russia and China a chance to take advantage of it..
For that reason, the expectations of European countries for Biden, who won the presidential election in November 2020 with an emphasis on the alliance, are high... NATOJens StoltenbergThe Secretary-General lifted Biden as "I know he is a strong supporter of the alliance.".
In Europe, which values multilateralism, Trump has withdrawn.Paris AgreementAnd Iran nuclear agreement,whoThere are also strong voices requesting a return to the United States such as (WHO).Ursula von der LyenThe European Commission emphasized that "Europe and the United States have supported the international order of liberalism based on rules," and expressed his willingness to cooperate with the Biden administration on various policy issues such as corona and environmental issues.In the trade field as well, it is expected that the friction between the United States and Europe, which has intensified under the Trump administration, will be resolved, but there are also views that Biden is wary of strengthening protectionism by giving priority to domestic economic recovery..
Biden is in EnglandBoris JohnsonIn a telephone conversation with the Prime Minister, he expressed opposition to reinstate border security between Ireland and Northern Ireland over Brexit.He argued that the Northern Ireland peace agreement should be respected and the border between Northern and Northern Ireland should be kept open rather than closed.It also warned that a trade agreement with the United States would not be realized if border security was reinstated...The peace agreement was at that timeBill ClintonBiden had mentioned this issue even before he was elected president, as it was realized with the help of the president and other American politicians, and on Twitter in September 2020, "Peace in Northern Ireland. The Good Friday agreement brought about cannot be sacrificed for Brexit. "..Biden once criticized Johnson as a "clone" of Trump "physically and mentally"..
Although it is a member of NATOトルコBiden is likely to be in a difficult position.Turkey'sRecep Tayyip ErdoganThe president is said to have had a relatively close relationship with Trump due to poor relations with the EU.2019 In December Biden criticized Erdogan by name, calling him a "dictator."..Turkey is a NATO member but has procured an anti-aircraft missile system from Russia, which has caused major diplomatic problems with the United States since the pre-Trump administration, and the United States plans to develop Turkey as a state-of-the-art stealth fighter F35. It was excluded from Turkey and sanctioned.Under the Biden administration, conflicts due to human rights issues will be added to this.ʍ.
British Prime Minister Johnson on January 2021, 1 after taking office, President Emmanuel Macron of France on January 1th, German Chancellor Angela Merkel on January 1, NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg on January 1th They held their first telephone summit meeting with each other, emphasizing NATO and the EU, and informing them that they would cooperate with Europe on common security issues and environmental issues such as Russia, China, Iran and Afghanistan. On February 2, the former Trump administration announced that it had frozen plans to reduce about 4 of the 3 US troops in Germany, which were decided on the grounds of "America first."The reduction plan is perceived by the German people as Trump's retaliation against Chancellor Angela Merkel, and it is also the first large-scale reduction plan for the U.S. military stationed in an ally, and there are concerns about security implications. rice field.
In a telephone conversation with British Prime Minister Johnson on March 3, China-led economic zone "One belt one roadIn response to this, he expressed the idea that democracies need to cooperate to promote development support in developing countries..
April 4, Queen of EnglandElizabeth IIPrince consortDuke of EdinburghPhilip"His Highness is the one who devoted his life to Britain." "It was an extraordinary life, including the courage to serve in World War II, tackling environmental problems, and establishing a charity." "99 I have great respect for the fact that I haven't diminished at all when I was old. ".
President Biden visited the United Kingdom to attend the G6 held in Glasgow, England on June 10th.Boris JohnsonI had a face-to-face meeting with the Prime Minister for the first time.Johnson described Biden as "feeling a fresh breath" and said he was "fully cooperating" with Biden on maintaining peace in Northern Ireland, which is a concern for both the United Kingdom and the United States. They emphasized that they all agreed that they wanted to keep the 1998 peace agreement... "Ignored the royal ritual" was controversial in British society about Biden's wearing sunglasses when he had an audience with Queen Elizabeth II at Windsor Castle on June 6.Grant Harrold, a royal butler, told Newsweek that "Don't wear sunglasses when facing the Queen, because it's important to look at the Queen." "President Byden wears sunglasses. That's fine, but I should have removed it when I met the Queen. "" Everyone should do that. The royal family also removes their sunglasses when they meet the Queen. ".
March 6ベルギー Ofブ リ ュ ッ セ ルAttended the NATO Summit held in Tokyo.Jointly reaffirming the importance of US-Europe relations, pointing out that China's increasingly aggressive behavior is threatening the international order, and advising Russia that it will not return to "normal" soon. Summarized the statement.
EU on June 6thCharles MichelPresident of the European Parliament,Ursula von der LyenI met with the President of the European Commission.The United States and the EU have already set up a "dialogue forum" to discuss human rights issues and economic relations in China, but have agreed to set up a high-level dialogue with Russia in a similar framework.In addition, in order to restrain China, which aims to use high-tech technology for human rights infringement, "Trade and Technology Council" was established in the United States and Europe, and artificial intelligence, quantum computing, biotechnology regulation / norm making, semiconductors, etc. They also agreed to aim to strengthen the supply network.A senior U.S. government official welcomed "in line with Mr. Biden's basic strategy of working with democratic allies to confront China.".
German Chancellor Angela Merkel visited the United States on July 7. For Merkel, who has served as prime minister for 15 years, Biden is the fourth president to face him as prime minister, and his 16rd visit to the White House.However, this is the last visit to the White House as Merkel's prime minister, as he is scheduled to retire this year.There was a disagreement between the United States and Germany over the natural gas pipeline "Nord Stream 4" jointly developed by Russia and Germany, and Biden also expressed concern about "Nord Stream 23" at this meeting.The two leaders agreed that Russia should not use energy as a weapon to intimidate or intimidate neighboring countries...Biden, who respects Merkel, who confronted Trump thoroughly during the Trump era and was called "the last fort of democracy," said, "Prime Minister Merkel has always talked about what is right and has protected human dignity." The friendship between the United States and Germany will become stronger, but it will be lonely to miss you at the summit. ".
On September 9th, the United States, United Kingdom and Australia will launch a new security cooperation framework to counter China.AUKUSAgreed to create.This brings the U.S. government to AustraliaNuclear submarineAustralia will be able to build its own nuclear submarine by providing the technology of.As a result, Australia abandoned the $ 2016 billion worth of submarine construction orders it had with France in 370...About this in FranceJean-Yves Le DrianThe foreign minister criticized the Biden administration, saying, "It's a betrayal. I'm angry." "This one-sided decision seems to be like former President Trump."..The French government strongly protested against the US and Australian governments, including the summoning of the ambassador to Australia..
March 10Vatican CityVisit and Popeフ ラ ン シ ス コTalk with.Biden, a Roman Catholic, said he had a longer-than-usual meeting for more than an hour and was told by the Pope that he was a "good Catholic."However, the Pope has criticized Biden's favor for abortion as a "murder."He said he didn't talk about this..
Also during his visit to Vatican, Biden met with French President Emmanuel Macron at the French embassy, mentioning a submarine construction contract between Australia and France, saying, "Our response was clumsy. I thought France had been informed long ago. It's true to God, "he said, apologizing for his lack of consideration for France...In response, Macron said, "We have clarified together what we had to clarify." "The important thing now is to prevent this situation from happening in the future.".
Policy toward Russia
1970 eraBiden, who has influenced US diplomacy as a senator specializing in foreign affairs, is for Russia.USSRIt was a formidable enemy from the times.Oppose Russia's annexation of Crimea even after becoming Vice Presidentウクライナ OfPetro poroschenkoAs a central figure who has supported the administration, he has a deep connection with Russia. During the 2020 presidential election, Biden said about Russia: "President Putin's Russia is deteriorating relations between NATO and EU member states and destroying the foundation of democracy in Western countries." "In the US election He did not hide his anti-Russian position by declaring that he was "the biggest threat to the United States" as "interfering illegally."..Putin was also openly criticized by calling him a "despot"...He also accused Trump of being too weak against Russia and called Trump a "Putin puppy" during the presidential debate..
Therefore, there is a widespread view in Russia that the US-Russia relations will worsen under the Biden administration.Chairman of the International Affairs Committee of the Russian Senate TheFacebook"There will be more politically motivated sanctions (by the United States)." "The Biden administration has become more involved in global affairs than the Trump administration, which has given top priority to the United States, and is a force with Russia around the world. The conflict will intensify. "..Russian diplomatic criticAlsoItal-Tass"The Biden administration could return to more pressureful policies (to Russia) in the former Soviet Union, which would be frustrating for Russia." "The Democratic Party wins around Mr. Biden in 16 years of presidential intervention. Many people are angry that Russia has robbed them. ".
RussianVladimir PutinThe president did not congratulate Biden shortly after he was confirmed to be elected.The only remaining nuclear disarmament framework between the United States and RussiaNew Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty(New START) expired in February 2021 and Biden has indicated its intention to extend it, but there was concern that negotiations would be adversely affected if the Russian government did not allow Biden to win... "It doesn't matter if you like it or not, it's waiting for the conflict in the United States to end," Putin said in a state broadcast on November 11"We treat Mr. Trump and Mr. Biden with respect," he said. "Anyone is ready to work with someone whom Americans trust.""It's clear that the Russian side was hoping for Mr. Trump's re-election in this presidential election," said BBC Moscow correspondent Steve Rosenberg. The reason is that it becomes a change. ".
Putin eventually sent a congratulatory message to Biden on December 2020, after confirming that Biden had won a majority of the electors in the electoral vote on December 12, 14."Although there are differences, we believe that the two countries have a special responsibility for the security and stability of the world and can contribute to solving many of the problems facing the world." "Cooperation and contact I'm ready. ".
The first telephone summit between Biden and Putin was held on January 2021, 1 to discuss protests by opposition parties in Russia.Biden has been suspected of Russia's cyberattack on the United States, allegations that Russian intelligence officials have punished Afghan rebels for the killing of U.S. soldiers, Russian opposition leaders, the U.S. government said.Alexei NawarinuiHe said he was pursuing Putin over allegations of attempted poisoning and Russia's intervention in the 2016 and 2020 US presidential elections, and that he was ready to protect the United States from cyber spying and any attacks...The new START was agreed in principle to be extended, and according to the Presidential Administration of Russia, a diplomatic document confirming the agreement was exchanged.. On March 2021, 3, the Biden administration's first sanctions against Russia were imposed on high-ranking Russian government officials for their involvement in Navalny's attempted poisoning.On the 17th, Russia protested with the recognition that "Putin was a murderer" and summoned the ambassador to the United States..
New sanctions against Russia, such as restricting the purchase of newly issued Russian government bonds from June 4, in retaliation for cyber terrorism and sabotage that attempted to disrupt the US presidential election, which is believed to be by Russia on April 15. announced..It also frozen the assets of companies and individuals believed to have been involved in cyber terrorism and the merger of Crimean, and expelled 10 Russian diplomats stationed in the United States."It is unacceptable for Russia to intervene in the presidential election and launch a cyberattack on government agencies, and we will take appropriate action," Biden told Putin in a telephone talk this week. Foreign powers are in a democratic process. I can't allow you to intervene and stay unpaid. "The Russian Foreign Ministry strongly opposed the sanctions and called the US Ambassador to Russia Sullivan to the Foreign Ministry for explanation.He also indicated that he would take retaliation measures, saying that "we have no choice but to react.".
Biden and Putin's first face-to-face diplomacy in Geneva, Switzerland, on June 6th, bilaterally for strategic stability, including the construction of a new nuclear disarmament framework in anticipation of the new START of the Nuclear Armed Forces Treaty expiring five years later. Agreed to start a dialogue.Both sides also agreed to return the ambassador who had been summoned to their own country.However, Biden warned that Russia would take appropriate steps if the Putin administration did not respond to a cyberattack on the United States.He also expressed concern about Navalny's imprisonment.He also said that the United States should be involved in protecting Ukraine's sovereignty and territory, and that Russia should make the Arctic region, where Russia continues to strengthen its armaments, a place of cooperation rather than conflict.At a press conference after the meeting, Putin said, "(Biden) was a very constructive and well-balanced person, as I expected." "I saw a momentary light." Despite the differences, both sides showed a willingness to understand the other and find a way to get closer. It was constructive. "Biden also said, "We were able to lay a clear foundation for the United States to face Russia.".
When attending the 11th Conference of the Parties to the UN Climate Change Framework Convention (COP2) held in London on November 26, Russia's Putin criticized the absence of the conference with China's Xi Jinping..
Policy toward China
Originally Biden1970 eraA person who has supported the US policy of involvement with China since then, when he was the Vice President of the Obama administrationXi JinpingAt that timeVice President of the StateandPolitical Bureau Standing Committee MemberでHu JintaoGeneral secretaryandSupreme leaderI have been interacting personally since the time when I was regarded as a successor., "Know well that of him, very wisely's strict not ready at all the democratic idea but" the Xi Jinping to know well from Vice President era wrote the Guardian.
Biden has stated in his first foreign policy speech since taking office that he will position China as "the most serious competitor"., "There is no need to collide, but it will be fierce competition," he said... In 2019, even when fighting for the Democratic nomination, he was accused of underestimating China's threat by Republican Party and President Trump, saying that "China will not be a competitor to the United States.", Playing cardsHunter bidenCriticizing the business of Chinese companiesChinese governmentI was calling on Biden to investigate the parent and childDuring the presidential campaign, Biden also attacked Trump by paying taxes to China to hold a secret bank account and do business in China., By the Chinese governmentHong Kong protestsRepression andUighur concentration campIt is rapidly curing the attitude of China, such as is referred to as a "villain" the 習近 TairaSo secretary criticized (supreme leader), and the like..In the background2010 eraThroughout the Republican and Democratic parties, the common understanding that China is a threat to the US-led world order has become established throughout American politics..
In a speech after the presidential election, Biden said, "The best strategy for China is to be in line with all allies, which will be a top priority for the first few weeks of his inauguration." On the other handJapanShows the idea that a multilateral framework, including..The Trump administration is a traditional allyJapan, South Korea,EuropeBiden has accused China of "free-riding security" and "fraudulent trade", but Biden did not do this and took cooperative action with China by deepening cooperation with allies. I promise to let you..Biden also shifts US military priorities from the Middle East to Asia since the Obama administrationSince it has become a driving force for China, it will continue to be in China.South China SeaThere is an analysis that it will maintain an Indo-Pacific region-focused strategy such as restraint on invasion..
John Deni, a research professor at the U.S. Army College Strategic Research Institute, said the Trump administration would impose strict sanctions tariffs on China, but would not unite with its Indo-Pacific allies to counter China.・ South KoreaI have to request and pay 5 times the cost of staying inUSFKThreaten to withdrawTPPHe said that it was "chiguhagu na diplomacy" to withdraw from the country, while the Biden administration resolved such "chiguhagu" from a multilateral approach, in which the trade conflict between allies was aimed at early resolution, followed by We analyze that it may be a trend to expand existing trade and investment agreements between allies.Free tradeHe points out that the United States may rejoin the TPP, as the positive Republicans are expected to dominate the Senate..
Biden, meanwhile, expressed a negative view during the presidential election campaign, saying that the Trump administration was putting pressure on China by raising and lowering tariffs, saying that it would not take punitive measures.However, after the election was confirmed, under the Trump administrationUS-China trade warHe said he would not move the US-China economic and trade agreement and tariffs on China that were realized in the above, saying that he would maintain them for the time being.He also stated that he would rigorously demand reforms from China, stating that he would promote trade policies to correct infringement of intellectual property rights and illegal industrial subsidies..
When Biden was reportedly elected on November 2020, 11, the leaders of each country congratulated Biden one after another, but China'sXi JinpingThe General Secretary hasn't congratulated him for a while, only on November 11th.(However, government spokesman congratulated on November 11th prior to that.).The text almost congratulates Trump in 2016, calling for "no conflict, no opposition, mutual respect, cooperation and a win-win spirit" and "managing each other's disagreements." It was a follow-up, but the number of characters has decreased reflecting the deterioration of US-China relations..
In a speech in Delaware on December 12, he stated that he would take China as a competitor and take a strong position on China in terms of human rights violations and trade issues.He criticized China's unfair trade practices and human rights violations, and made a speech "to hold the Chinese government accountable." "In competing with China, Japan's position will be further strengthened by allied with like-minded allies and partners." "Japan alone accounts for only about 28% of the world economy, but it is a democratic partner. Unioning with the country will more than double its economic influence, "he said, reiterating the need to work with allies to counter China and denying Trump's monopoly..
On January 2021, 1 習近 TairaSo secretary in the "international community about the severe attitude toward the United States of ChinaNew Cold WarIf you set up, threaten other countries, decouple the economy and impose sanctions, it will only lead to the division of the world. "On the contraryJen PsakiAt a press conference, a spokesman asserted that Xi's allegations would affect the Biden administration's policy toward China, saying "it's not" and "more authoritarianly domestically in recent years. Overseas, we are becoming more dogmatic, challenging our safety, prosperity and values, and we need a new approach. ".."Our approach to China is the same as in the past few months (diplomatic relations with China under the Trump administration)," he said., The "US First" route has been reiterated as a policy to deal with it through cooperation with allies. "We want to tackle this issue with strategic patience," he said, saying the White House will discuss the issue with Congress and its allies within the next few weeks...Also, a major Chinese telecommunications equipment companyHuaweiWhen asked if China would continue to take strict regulatory measures, China's industrial espionage and intellectual property theft remained a concern, and it was cautious about deregulation..
On the other hand, Biden has stated that he is "ready to cooperate with the Chinese government if it is in the national interest.".. Special Envoy for Climate Change on January 1John Forbes KellyPointed out that China emits the most greenhouse gases in the world and argued for the importance of cooperation with China.However, he emphasized that he would not give in to China on issues such as the South China Sea and trade in order to obtain cooperation in combating global warming.He also stated that he would not deal in cooperation on global warming countermeasures over issues such as intellectual property infringement and the South China Sea, which set him apart from the former Trump administration, which preferred deals in foreign policy..BrinkenThe Secretary of State also said at a press conference on the same day that it would be beneficial for both countries to work together to combat global warming, but on the other hand, "many concerns about our foreign policy and with China. Should be taken into account. ".
We made the first phone summit meeting with 習近 TairaSo secretary on February 2.According to the White House announcement, Biden has stepped up its arbitrary actions in the region, including intimidating and unfair conduct in China's economics, increased control over Hong Kong, human rights violations in the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, and response to Taiwan. He said he expressed concern about what he was doing.According to a statement by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China, Xi said that "cooperation between the two countries is the only right choice" and called for improvement of relations between the two countries, which had deteriorated under the former Trump administration. It is the internal affairs of China and is involved in the preservation of sovereignty and territory. The United States should respect China's core interests and act cautiously. "..After exchanging views on common issues such as measures against the new coronavirus and climate change, he said on Twitter, "I told him that I would cooperate with China if it would benefit the American people," and cooperated on these global issues. Showed the intention to do.
On March 3, the U.S. governmentXinjiang Uygur Autonomous RegionSanctions have been imposed on autonomous region officials who appear to be involved in the crackdown in collaboration with European countries over human rights issues. The EU has imposed sanctions on China since the Tiananmen Square Incident in June 1989.Demanded that the Chinese government approve the liberation of detained Uighurs and other field surveys by the United Nations...Regarding Japan's failure to join the US-Europe cooperation sanctions against China, the U.S. Department of State has only stated that "we do not recommend that Japan decide on its own.".
At the first formal press conference after taking office on March 3, General Secretary Xi Jinping said, "Democracy does not work, and he is a smart person who sees tyranny as the future trend." The struggle between democracy and tyranny in the 25st century "."We don't want conflict, but it will be fierce competition. China must engage in fair competition and trade in accordance with the rules of the international community," he said. "China has become a world leader and the richest and strongest country. I have the goal of becoming. As long as I'm the president, I won't let you do that. ".
Biden administration in China on April 4Super computerAnnounced that it will take sanctions to effectively ban the export of American products for being involved in military diversion of seven companies and national research groups that develop.
The Chinese government has expressed "strong dissatisfaction and decisive opposition" to mention Taiwan in a joint statement of the Japan-US summit meeting on April 4.He also criticized Japan and the United States for expressing "serious concerns" about the human rights situation in Hong Kong and the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, saying that it "deviates the scope of bilateral relations and harms the interests of third countries."Shows the attitude of putting pressure on Japan.
On April 4, the United States and China issued a joint statement on climate change.President Kerry, who visited China, met with China's climate change envoy, Kai Zhenhua, and agreed that the two countries would cooperate in climate change mitigation..
On April 4, President Biden hosted the "Leaders Summit on Climate" climate summit in Washington, attended by Chinese General Secretary Xi Jinping.Paris AgreementIt is said that there is an aim not to give the initiative of environmental problems to the United States of "return".
"The United States has informed President Xi Jinping that he will maintain a strong military force in the Indo-Pacific," he said in a policy speech at a joint session of the Senate and Senate on April 4.In addition, Xi Jinping was once again defined as a "tyrannicalist."Predicted US victory over China, saying, "Competing with China and other countries to win the 21st century" and "Tyranny will not win the future.".
At a press conference after the closing of the G6 in the United Kingdom in June, he reiterated that the United States had returned to the international community and said, "There was no mention of China at the last G7 summit (in the Trump era). It clearly points out issues such as human rights violations in Uygur and Hong Kong, "he said, saying that he was able to show a strict stance toward China in unison at the G7.He added, "We will face China head-on. We are not only competing with China itself, but we are competing for whether democracies can compete with tyranny.".
On July 7, he emphasized that "manufacturing everything in the United States and creating employment" against China, which is giving preferential treatment to its own industry with a huge subsidy, and obliges the federal government to procure domestic products. Statement to strengthen the operation of "American" related laws and regulations.In particular, it said that it would increase the domestic production ratio in the supply chain of strategic supplies such as semiconductors.
China's Xi Jinping was criticized for the absence of China's Xi Jinping at the 11th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP2) held in London on November 26..
On November 11th, a major Chinese telecommunications equipment company from the United States by presidential decreeHuawei technologyThe measures to ban investment in Chinese companies such as (Huawei) have been extended by one year. On November 1th, we signed the China Communication Equipment Exclusion Law, which does not give the necessary certification for use in the United States to communication equipment that is regarded as a security threat in the United States for products such as Huawei..
An online summit meeting was held with Xi Jinping on November 11th.When Biden expressed concern about human rights violations by China in Hong Kong, Tibet, Xinjiang, etc., Xi argued that he "does not agree with domestic interference based on human rights issues."Biden also stated that he "strongly opposes actions that undermine the peace and stability of the Taiwan Strait," but Xi said, "If the Taiwan independence forces break through the red line (a line that must not be crossed), we will have to take decisive steps. I don't get it. "When Biden announced that he would work with allies and partners to protect the values of freedom and democracy, Xi said, "If you draw a line with ideology and divide the camp, it will eventually bring disaster to the world." Check.The talks ended in an exchange of principles on the main axis of opposition.However, Biden said, "We should cooperate on global issues such as climate change," and Xi responded, "Climate change issues will be a new focus for Sino-US relations.".
Policy toward Japan
In the presidential election, Biden criticized Trump's disrespect for allies, saying, "We will strengthen our alliance to protect peace in East Asia. We will not threaten to withdraw our troops."With a history of visiting Japan as a senator and vice president, the Biden administration has returned to a relatively modest policy toward Japan and was shaken by the Trump administration.Japan-US relationshipIs strongly believed to regain calm.
However, according to US-Japan diplomatic sources, "Some of the Biden administration's ministerial candidates are dissatisfied with'Japan does not play a broad role as an ally'," and the Biden administration has taken hard measures against China. In that case, it is reported that Japan may be required to cooperate concretely, and conversely, if it shifts to a dialogue line, it may be confusing if there is no communication between Japan and the United States...Also, regarding the North Korean issue, the Prime MinisterYoshii KanIs the supreme leader of North Korea in the parliamentary statement of belief with the flow of US-North Korea dialogue under the Trump administration in mind.金正恩Although he expressed his willingness to "dialogue without preconditions" with him, Biden has shown a negative position to direct dialogue with Kim Jong Un, so he may return to "strategic neglect" during the Obama administration. In that case, Japan's "dialogue without preconditions" route may need to be reworked...Even within the Japanese government, the Biden administration is likely to take a hard line to North Korea to show the difference from the Trump administration, and there is a widespread view that it is unclear, including the priority of the North Korean issue..
2021 Burden of USFJ stationing expenses for 5 years fromCompassionate budget) Is in full swing.Whether the Trump administration's route of demanding a quadruple increase in burden on the Japanese side will be revised, the Japanese side is also considering a "provisional agreement" to continue the current burden for the time being, but it is acknowledged. It is reported that a foreign ministry official said, "I can't read what will happen.".
Regarding the impact on the Okinawa base problem, a professor at Okinawa International UniversityManabu SatoThe United States has positioned Okinawa as the forefront of countering China's military advance, and the premise of a hard-line stance toward China is likely to continue even after the Biden administration, so the situation surrounding Okinawa has changed. Analyzing that there will be no.
Free trade agreementWith the Trump administration over (FTA)Shinzo AbeConcluded by the administrationUS-Japan trade agreementThen, there are still concerns about additional tariffs by the United States because automobiles and other items are left behind.
Japan and the United States were supposed to take the lead in rule-making against China.Trans-Pacific Economic Partnership AgreementRegarding (TPP), Biden was in a position to promote during the Obama administration, and even during the 2020 United States presidential election, he said, "TPP cannot rejoin under the current agreement, but there is room for renegotiation," and has a positive attitude. However, it is reported that it is unclear because the opposition to the return is deep-rooted within the Democratic Party..
January 2021, 1 (before dawn on January 27, 2021 Japan time), Prime MinisterYoshii KanHeld the first telephone talk after taking office.Japan-US AllianceThey agreed to work closely together to further strengthen the situation and realize a "free and open Indo-Pacific".Biden is from Okinawa prefecture尖 閣 諸島Established US Defense ObligationUS-Japan Security TreatyWhile stating that it is subject to Article 5, it reaffirmed that it will continue to provide Japan with "extended deterrence" that protects Japan with military forces including nuclear forces..
In a radio show on February 2thTokyo Olympics"The Japanese Prime Minister is working hard to hold the event safely. I hope it will be held, but it must be judged on the basis of science," he said..
Chief Cabinet Secretary of March 3Katsunobu KatoAccording to the announcement, Suga will visit the United States in the first half of April to meet with Biden.Suga will be the first to meet with foreign leaders of Biden.It is reported that the reason for choosing Kan as the first meeting partner is to show the unity of the Japan-US alliance with China in mind..
Suga, who visited the United States, had his first meeting with Biden at the White House on the afternoon of April 4 (before dawn on 16th Japan time).At a press conference after the meeting, Biden "confirmed unwavering support for the Japan-US alliance and mutual security. We will work together to face the challenge from China." "We are free and open in the Indo-Pacific. We promised to work together on issues such as the challenge from China, the East and South China Seas, and North Korea. "" Japan and the United States are two powerful democratic nations in the region. We promise to protect and develop common values. "..The joint document also included that maintaining peace and security in the Taiwan Strait is important for Japan's security.Taiwan was written in the document of the Japan-US summit meeting in 1969 (Showa 44), when the then Prime MinisterEisaku SatoAnd the president at that timeRichard NixonThis is the first time since Japan-China diplomatic relations were normalized in 1972 (Showa 47)...According to Suga, he expressed his intention to hold the Tokyo Olympics as a symbol of unity in the world, and Biden supported him..
After Suga declared that he would not run for the LDP president on September 9, White House spokesman said, "President Biden is grateful for Suga's leadership." "I pray for Suga's future health." Made a statement to.. On June 9Japan-US Australia-India Strategy DialogueBiden, who met with Suga, who visited the United States at the (Quad) four-country summit, said, "(Suga) is a very big person. I feel lonely. I would like to seek advice even after I retire."In response, Suga thanked Biden for his friendship and said, "The importance of the Japan-US alliance will remain the same.".
Became Prime Minister in his 10s as a successor on October 4thFumio KishidaHeld a telephone talk with Biden on the following day, 5th, as the first telephone talk with foreign leaders.At a press conference about that, Kishida said, "It was an important step to raise the Japan-US alliance to a higher level." There was. ".
The first face-to-face summit between Kishida and Biden was held briefly on November 11 in Glasgow, England, where the 2th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Climate Change Framework Convention (COP26) was held.It was agreed that Kishida would visit the United States and hold a Japan-US summit meeting within the year, and confirmed that he would work closely toward the realization of a "free and open Indo-Pacific" with China in mind..
Policy toward Taiwan
Taiwan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs thanked Biden after Biden expressed concern over China's oppressive stance on Taiwan at the first U.S.-China summit on February 2021, 2..
Chinese Foreign MinisterWang YiWhite House spokesman argued that he had requested the Biden administration to revise the policies of the former administration, which had strengthened relations with Taiwan..
The US government has determined that the possibility of China's invasion of Taiwan is increasing, and at the Japan-US Security Consultative Committee (3 plus 16) on March 2, the US and Japanese governments said, "Peace in the Taiwan Strait. And shared awareness of the importance of stability.
On March 3, the American Association of Taiwan Economic and Cultural Representative Offices in Taiwan signed a memorandum of understanding regarding the establishment of the Coast Guard Working Group.The content is that the United States Coast Guard and the Taiwan Coast Guard Administration will improve communication, build cooperative relationships, and share information.The first US-Taiwan coast guard agreement under the Biden administration.
On April 4, the Department of State will hold a U.S.-Taiwan practitioner-level meeting in the federal government building, which was previously prohibited due to consideration for China, in order to promote intergovernmental exchanges with Taiwan. Announced a new policy.Regarding the reason, the State Department said, "It reflected the deepening of informal relations with Taiwan." "Taiwan has strong democracy and is an important security and economic partner of the United States." It is thought that this is a move with an eye on China..
On May 4Richard Armitage,James SteinbergWe sent them to Taiwan as an informal delegation. "The selection of three senior Taiwanese friends and personally close to President Biden is an important testament to US commitment to Taiwan and its democracy," the U.S. government said..
The joint statement of the Japan-US summit meeting between Japan's Prime Minister Suga and Biden on April 4 stated "the importance of peace and stability in the Taiwan Strait."A spokesman for the Presidential Office Building in Taiwan expressed gratitude and appreciation for this on the 16th."Peace and stability in the Taiwan Strait has been raised from cross-strait relations to the Indo-Pacific region and thus to the global focus," a spokesman said..
March 10BaltimoreWhen asked twice about Taiwan's defense when attending a dialogue meeting with citizens in Tokyo, Byden replied that he was "responsible."So far, successive US governments have adhered to the diplomatic policy of "strategic ambiguity" that does not take a clear stance on how to respond when China attacks Taiwan, so I wonder if it will change. It was noticed, but later the U.S. government said that there was no change in the government's policy regarding Taiwan, and the relationship with TaiwanTaiwan Relations LawIt is said that it is in a position to continue to support Taiwan's self-defense and oppose the unilateral change of the current situation.In response to Biden's remarks, a spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China said, "The United States must not send any signal to separatist forces aiming for Taiwan independence. Should be. "On the contrary, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Taiwan expressed its appreciation for Biden's remarks and stated that "we will continue to strengthen our self-defense capabilities to fully protect Taiwan's democracy, security and the well-being of its inhabitants.".
Policy toward South Korea
The Trump administration South KoreaThreatened to withdraw US forces in Korea unless the stationing expenses were increased five times.In addition, more than 4000 Korean workers working in the USFK have been forced to take unpaid leave from April 2020 due to difficulties in negotiations on stationing expenses. After June, the South Korean government agreed with the U.S. government to pay their salaries until the negotiations were finalized, but there was no prospect of concluding the negotiations..
About this, Biden announced on October 2020, 10, just before the presidential election, that South Korea ’sJoint newsContribution to the US-Korea AllianceKorean WarEmphasized that it is a "bloody alliance" that fought together, "Rather than forcing South Korea through the reckless threat of shrinking US forces in South Korea, as President of the United States, I will strengthen the alliance to support South Korea and protect peace in East Asia and other regions. "We will continue our efforts to denuclearize North Korea and unify the Korean Peninsula, aiming for rational diplomacy.".
Therefore, in Korea, the voice of relief is spreading for the time being to win Biden.The secretary-general of the U.S. Forces Korea Korean Trade Union in Korea said, "I sincerely congratulate Mr. Biden on winning the election. He requested that he work on improving the problem of unpaid leave..
Since the US Democratic Party administration has traditionally emphasized security cooperation between Japan, the United States and South Korea, there are growing concerns within South Korea that Biden may intervene in historical issues between the two countries to restore Japan-South Korea relations.The Korean media said that the Japan-Korea agreement on the comfort women issue, which was concluded in December 2015, was that the Obama administration approached the two countries under the hood, and the Biden administration also embarked on similar arbitration on the recruitment issue. Communicating the view that there is a possibility.
Since the telephone conversation between Suga and Biden in Japan on January 2021, 1, in South KoreaWen ZaiyinThere were voices worried about the delay in Biden's telephone talks., The first telephone summit meeting between Moon Jae-in and Biden was held on February 2th.Biden stated in the statement that he did not want a conflict between Japan and South Korea from the standpoint of emphasizing the strengthening of the alliance between Japan, the United States and South Korea, with a view to responding to China and North Korea, and requested that relations with Japan be improved. ..However, according to a South Korean government official, there was no mention of specific concerns between Japan and South Korea, such as the issue of recruitment work and the issue of comfort women.On the North Korean issue, the sentence called for "the importance of a dialogue solution," while Biden said, "the past way is not desirable," like Trump.金正恩He stabbed a nail if he did not take a top-down solution through the summit meeting.He also expressed his support for the "Cooperation in the Indo-Pacific Region," a concept common to Japan and the United States with China in mind, and expressed his willingness to cooperate as much as possible..
Meeting with Moon Jae-in, who visited the United States on May 2021, 5.Sentence became the second foreign leader to meet with Biden after Suga in Japan.A joint statement by the two leaders included the statement that "diplomatic relations and dialogue are essential for the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and permanent peacebuilding" regarding North Korea.In addition, while avoiding the name of China in the Chinese issue, "the two leaders emphasize the importance of maintaining peace and stability in the Taiwan Strait."It also included the phrase, "I oppose any action that threatens and destabilizes the rules-based international order," which seems to have taken China's actions into consideration, and sought to respect freedom of navigation in the South China Sea...Biden also announced that it will provide the new coronavirus vaccine to 55 South Korean military personnel who work closely with the U.S. military...At the Japan-US summit meeting last month, Biden and Suga both masked and avoided shaking hands with Air Goo Touch, but from May 5st, the action guidelines for vaccinated people against the new coronavirus were relaxed. The meeting with Bun was held without a mask and with a handshake.For lunch with Biden and Bun, the East Coast dish "Crab Cake", which is a crab meat cooked like a hamburger, was served.The South Korean side was demanding more than a hamburger for lunch served in Suga last month..
Policy toward North Korea
north koreaThe Biden administration is expected to take a stricter attitude than the Trump administration, and the North Korean issue itself is also considered to have a low priority, so South Korea's North-South reconciliation policy has been promoted.Wen ZaiyinIt is reported that the administration is trying to contact the Biden camp, which has few connections, in an attempt to keep the flow of dialogue born in the Trump administration..
Trump in North Korea at a TV debate in the presidential electionKorean Labor Party Chairman金正恩While he was proud of his achievements in building a good relationship with him and avoiding the war, Biden criticized him as "a villain" and defined Kim Jong Un as a "villain".Nazi GermanyToAppeasement policy"We areHitlerWas in a friendly relationship until the invasion of Europe, "said criticizing the dialogue-oriented North Korean policy...And he stated that he was not going to make a personal friendship with Kim Jong Un..
The conflict between Trump and Biden over North Korea was also at the time of the North Korean missile launch in May 2019.At this time, the White House Chief of Staff demanded that North Korea take strict measures.John BoltonTrump did not criticize North Korea, but Biden took a critical position on North Korea, so North Korea'sKorea Central Communications"Slandered the Supreme Leader" about Biden "I'm obsessed with power and I'm not sensible" "His remarks are a sophistry of a fool who has lost even the minimum human qualities as a politician He cursed him as "low intelligence quotient" and "low-powered idiot" as "just"..Trump said at a press conference, "I agree with Kim Jong-un," and Trump's sympathy with Kim Jong-un became a problem..."The president's remarks are not suitable for the dignity of the presidential office. He was abroad on Memorial Day of the war dead and repeatedly tuned in to the bloody dictator to attack the same American former vice president. It's outrageous. The president has consistently neglected the country's roots and warmly welcomed the dictator. ".
In November 2019, Chosun Central News also described Byden as "boldly blaming the dignity of the Supreme Leader."dementiaTerminal illness "" Freeing a mad dog like Biden will hurt many people "" Need to get rid ofRabies"A dog with a sickness"In response, a spokesman for the Biden camp said, "It is becoming more prominent that unpleasant dictators and their admirers perceive Mr. Biden as a threat." "Mr. Biden has made safety, national interests, and values in the United States. It is possible to regain US leadership in the world as a pillar of foreign policy. ".
After Biden's confirmation came out, North Korea was completely silent.The official North Korean media has not yet reported Biden's election.It is unusual for the silence to last for such a long time, as the past US presidential elections were reported within 10 days.KoreanNational Intelligence ServiceAccording to Kim Jong Un, he has an unusual decree not to stimulate Biden...Kim Jong Un is the only leader who has not sent a congratulatory message to Biden..
At the first press conference after taking office on March 2021, 3, he criticized the launch of a North Korean short-range ballistic missile as "violating a UN Security Council resolution."Japan set itself apart from former President Trump, who was not in a position to consider the launch of short-range ballistic missiles that could reach the United States even though they were in range, and showed an attitude of respecting cooperation with Japan..
In a policy speech on April 2021, 4, North Korea's nuclear development was "a serious threat to the security of the United States and the world," and "I would like to work closely with allies and deal with it with diplomacy and strict deterrence." Stated.In response, the North Korean Foreign Ministry criticized that "it is outrageous and infringement of the right of self-defense to curse our self-defense deterrence as a threat," and said, "The United States faces a very serious situation. I issued a warning statement saying "It will be.".
Policy towards Australia
Australia has a strategic framework for ChinaQuad(USA / Japan / India / Australia)AUKUSIt is a participating country of both (US, UK, Australia) and is also emphasized by the Biden administration. With AUKUS signed in September 2021, the US government will provide Australia with technology for building nuclear submarines.Australian Prime MinisterScott MorrisonAims to build eight nuclear submarines.
Policy toward Myanmar
By the military in Myanmar on February 2021, 2Coup d'etat"It's a direct attack on democracy and the transition to the rule of law," he said. "The international community immediately abandoned the power seized by the Myanmar Armed Forces, released detained activists and officials, and lifted restrictions on communications. And we should call for one voice to stop violence against the public. ""The United States has lifted sanctions on Myanmar over the past decade based on the progress of democratization. By reversing the progress, the law and authority on sanctions will be immediately reviewed and appropriate measures will be taken. It will be necessary, "he said, showing his willingness to revive sanctions.
In this issue as well, Biden, unlike former President Trump's "US first principle", showed the idea of demonstrating the power of the United States while keeping pace with other democratic nations, and with seven developed countries (G7) including Japan. After recognizing what happened in Myanmar as a "military coup" in the European Union (EU) to take power with illegal violence, it compiled a joint foreign minister's statement condemning the coup.On the other hand, the People's Republic of China has not criticized the armed forces and remains silent.At the UN Security Council, which includes China and Russia, which are suppressing freedom of speech in the country, it has already been factored in that strong criticism is not settled, but rather a siege network is created in democratic nations including India. The aim is to put pressure not only on Myanmar but also on China, which is becoming a major power by ignoring the values of freedom and democracy, and Myanmar may become a new source of confrontation between the United States and China. Reported.
On February 2, a presidential decree ordered the military executives who led the coup, their families, and companies closely related to the military to be sanctioned.He also said he would prevent military executives from accessing the $ 11 billion fund of the Myanmar government in the United States and impose economic sanctions on trade...The Biden administration is ready to give up additional sanctions, depending on the military response..
Security forces repeatedly fired at protesters protesting the military coup, killing more than 50 people (announced by the United Nations). Myanmar has issued additional sanctions and announced that it will effectively ban the export of U.S. products to Myanmar's Ministry of Defense and major military-related companies..
On March 3, the Myanmar Armed Forces fired on civilians, saying, "It's terrible. It's definitely out of the ordinary. According to media reports, a large number of people have been killed without any need."On March 3, all trade and investment under the Trade and Investment Framework Agreement (TIFA) signed with Myanmar in 29 as part of sanctions against the coup and its crackdown on protests was immediately suspended..
Attended the ASEAN Summit online for the first time in four years as President of the United States on October 2021, 10.The Trump administration's disregard for Southeast Asia will be revised, with the aim of strengthening its military relations with ASEAN, keeping in mind China's supremacy-oriented advance into the ocean and expanding its influence in the region.At the conference, he stated that "the relationship between the United States and ASEAN is crucial for the future and the free and open Indo-Pacific", and announced that it would support a total of about $ 26 million in measures against the new coronavirus and climate change issues. bottom.
Biden has a strong image as foreign transportation, but is known for being familiar with judicial policy.Especially the activities of the Senate Judiciary Committee1977 It has been about 30 years since he first became a member of the committee.Therefore, he has abundant work experience in the committee, and as mentioned above,1987 から1995 In addition to serving as chairman for eight years1981 From 19871995 から1997 Twice, he was a ranking minority member of the committee. (A "minority party representative in a committee" is a representative of a member from a minority party in each committee and is treated in the same manner as a vice chairman in the committee (actually appointed as vice chairman). It is a key position (including committees). In many committees, the position, along with the chairman, is a member of all subcommittees under each committee, and when the ruling and opposition parties are reversed in parliament. In many cases, a minority party representative will be appointed as the next chairman.)
He is also a member of five subcommittees connected to the Judiciary Committee, and as mentioned above, he is the chairman of the subcommittee on crime and narcotics. The five subcommittees are as follows.
- Subcommittee on crime and narcotics
- Subcommittee on Antitrust Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Subcommittee on Human Rights and Law
- Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Refugees
- Subcommittee on Terrorism / Technology and Homeland Security
In parallel with the above committee activities, the Senate International Narcotics Control Committee (which monitors and advises the federal government on drug policy.The United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control) In addition to chairing the SenateNATOオ ブ ザ ー バ ーHe is also the co-chair of the group.
As a judiciary, Biden is working on a variety of issues, but he is enthusiastic about drug policy.In addition to drug policy, it is also actively working on crime prevention policy and human rights policy.
Supreme Court Approval Issue
One of the key tasks of the House Judiciary Committee is the approval of the US Supreme Court judge.The Judiciary Committee prior to voting at the Senate plenary sessionPublic hearingBiden, as chairman of the committee, hosts two highly controversial hearings, in which the president-nominated candidate for judge is examined by question-and-answer and voting.
- Robert BorkHearing to candidates (1987
- Biden's first hearing of a candidate judge was for conservative tycoon Robert Bork.
- BalkRonald ReaganBiden, who was nominated as a candidate for judge by the president, stated his opposition shortly after the nomination.However, the early opposition was angry with conservatives, saying that he could not run a fair hearing, as he had expressed his willingness to agree in an interview he received when Balk's nomination was confirmed the previous year. Bought.However, he ended up organizing the hearing fairly, with great humor and courage, despite his presidential election campaign being frustrated and withdrawn during the hearing. It was highly evaluated.
- Opposition to the Balk nomination is persistent in the first place, and he is a moderate and member of the Senate Judiciary Committee within the Republican Party.Arlen SpecterThe situation was such that lawmakers expressed their opposition.At the hearing, Specter andEdward KennedyThey asked Balk a fierce question.Biden asked in his questionUnited States ConstitutionThe rights of freedom and privacy stipulated in the above are expanded beyond what is clearly stated in the Constitution, and this point is centered on the issue that Balk's strong power may be ideologically incompatible. I asked a question.
- Eventually, Balk's proposal was rejected by both the House Judiciary Committee and the Senate plenary session.By the way, the Judiciary Committee had 5 votes in favor and 9 votes against, and the Senate plenary session had 42 votes in favor and 58 votes against.By the way, Biden himself voted against it, as he had previously expressed his opposition.
- Clarence ThomasHearing to candidates (1991
- Biden's second hearing on the candidate judge was for conservative candidate Clarence Thomas, as was Balk.
- Thomas was known as the first black federal Supreme Court judgeThurgood MarshallAs a successor toGeorge Herbert Walker BushThe president nominated him as a candidate for judge and held a hearing.Biden at a hearing against ThomasProperty rightI asked about constitutional issues about the question, which was often long and complicated, and the answerer, Thomas, forgot the question.Thomas later described this time as "Mr. Biden's question was like a hit by pitch.".
- However, a major problem becomes apparent when the hearing is nearing the end.Formerly a subordinate when Thomas was chairman of the Equal Employment Opportunity CommitteeAnita Hill(CurrentBrandeis UniversityProfessor) said, "From Mr. Thomassexual harassmentWas receiving "AccusationWith the Judiciary Committee stating what they didFBIReport,National public radioIt was leaked to Nina Totenberg, a reporter in charge of the Supreme Court, and this triggered the sexual harassment issue of Thomas to be taken up in the media every day, and it suddenly emerged.The hearing at that time was televised nationwide and attracted a great deal of interest from the American people.
- At this time Biden1987 Hesitated to step into personal issues due to his own bitter experience in the presidential election (described later), and announced the facts of the accusation within the committee because Hill himself did not intend to swear. I didn't make it public completely.In addition, after Hill testified at a hearing, Angela Wright, who had made similar accusations,harassmentHe did not allow any further testimony by other witnesses who supported her, such as the expert in question."It's a step taken to protect Mr. Thomas' right to privacy and the dignity of the Commission," Biden said.
- After all, Thomas's proposal for approval was SenatorArlen SpecterHowever, after a heated debate, such as asking offensive questions, that Hill's testimony was unreliable, it was passed by the Senate plenary session with 52 votes in favor and 48 votes against.Biden again voted against, but then heliberalHe was strongly criticized by a group of lawyers and women's groups, saying, "I did not fully support the witness Hill (although he was the chairman) and made a mistake in the proceedings of the hearing."After this, he searched for women working on the Judiciary Committee and made an excuse, emphasizing that "the issue of women is one of the legislative agendas of the committee."
Enactment of crime-related bills
Biden has been involved in a number of crime-related federal legislations.1984 In the enactment of the Comprehensive Crime Control Act, which he was involved in while serving as a member of the Democratic Party's proceedings, some provisions were amended, but the amendments passed and passed the law. Citizen as it had a great influence onLibertarianismReceived high praise from the person (Civil Libertarian).
また1994 "Violent Crime Prevention and Law Enforcement Law"Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act (VCCLEA)), He took the lead in drafting the law and its related laws, and made efforts to enact it.This law, commonly known as the "Biden Crime Law," is widely recognized as his greatest achievement.The main points stipulated by this law are as follows.
- "Violence against women" (Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) )
- The "Violence Act against Women" (VAWA) was established in the form of Chapter 4 of VCCLEA. VAWADomestic violenceIs epoch-making at that time in that it stipulates that is a crime and pursues the responsibility of the perpetrator, and is particularly highly evaluated in the series of bills on VCCLEA (Violence Crime Prevention and Law Enforcement Law). ing.In addition, the law will invest $ 16 billion in federal budgets to strengthen the investigation and prosecution of violence against women, increase pretrial detention of defendants, and enforce and automatically indemnify them if convicted. It was stipulated that the lawsuit should be imposed and that civil remedies should be granted even if the person is not prosecuted.
- VAWA (Women's Violence Act) is a five-year time-limited legislation that requires parliamentary re-approval to extend. VAWA (Violence against Women)2000 と2005 Has been re-approved twice.But in 2Federal Supreme CourtHowever, regarding the provisions regarding civil remedies,FederalismFrom the point of view ofUnconstitutionBecause of the decision, the business that was being carried out in accordance with this clause has virtually stopped.
- "We consider VAWA to be the only and most important legislature involved in 35 years of senator life," Biden said of VAWA.
- In this regard2004 OctoberToTexasAustinWhen the related organization "National Domestic Violence Hotline" based in Japan had a problem, it investigated the problem with the cooperation of a major technology company and donated equipment.
- Abolition of education for prisoners
- The VCCLEA (Crime Prevention and Law Enforcement Act) stipulates important provisions regarding education for prisoners.1965 Stipulated inHigher educationIt is an amendment to the law.The Higher Education Act allows prisoners to receive higher education after their release, even during imprisonment with the Pell Grant,Ministry of EducationIs a scholarship funded by the above-mentioned Higher Education Law.The name Pell is named after Senator Claiborne Pell, who was instrumental in enacting the relevant provisions. However, this amendment changed the policy by 180 degrees and "must not give a basic scholarship to anyone in prison in a federal or state prison." It was decided.This amendment is for low-income prisoners during their sentencecollege educationIt is controversial because it effectively deprives prisoners of the opportunity to receive them and leaves the education level of prisoners in prison unimproved.
- Enactment of the Federal Death Penalty Act
- The Federal Death Penalty Act was enacted in the form of Chapter 6 of this Act.Originally, the United States of America is a country with a death penalty, but under this lawterrorism60 crimes, including acts, illegal drug trafficking, and murder by shooting from a moving car, have been newly added to the death penalty.This law is still in operation without major changes.
- By the way, a few months after this law came into forceOklahoma City Federal Government Building Bombing CaseThere has occurred.Was the main culprit in the caseTimothy McBayWas executed by this law.
- Regulation of semi-automatic firearms considered as anti-personnel weapons
- Biden said, "Semi-automatic firearms are difficult to handle. For self-defense," the law was invalidated in 2004 and sales of semi-automatic firearms increased.shotgunShould be used. "But,National Rifle AssociationAnd the gun possession supporters criticized that "shotguns have a heavy reaction and are not particularly suitable for women's self-defense."
- Strengthening the police and prison system
- This law strengthened the police and prison system.It was decided to hire more than 10 police officers as a measure to strengthen the police organization.In addition, as a measure to strengthen the prison and rehabilitation system, a corrective boot camp for juvenile delinquents was started, and刑 務 所It was decided to allocate a sufficient budget for the construction of.The enforcement of this clause is estimated to have lowered the crime rate in the United States to the lowest level in a generation.
- Designation of a new federal crime
- Under this law, 50 new crimes are federal crimes (Federal Bureau of InvestigationWas designated as a crime with investigative authority).Especially famousgangIt is a clause that is guilty of joining the company, and in some respectsBill of RightsGuaranteed byFreedom of associationThere is a debate that it may be infringing.
For Bill Clinton's scandal problem
In the 1990s, during Bill Clinton's presidency, Whitewater allegations (ClintonArkansasIt is suspected that he may have made fraudulent land transactions and loans in connection with the real estate development company "White Water" that he co-owned with his acquaintance when he was governor. ) AndMonica RuinskyA number of scandals about the president emerged, including allegations of affair with him and Vincent Foster, who was the president's deputy legal adviser at the time, committed suicide.George HW BushIn the administrationLitigation SecretaryServed asKenneth StarWas appointed to, and a strict investigation and pursuit was carried out.Biden is particularly critical of Star's investigation into two cases, Whitewater and Lewinsky, against Clinton.impeachmentHe also voted against the bill.
- As mentioned above, Biden is the chairman of the "Senate International Drug Control Conference," which is made up of volunteers from the Senate, and is enthusiastic about drug control policy.As chair of the conference, Biden drafted a bill to create a "Drug Czar" to oversee the federal government's drug control policy.
- 2002 Rave method (RAVE Act) Was proposed to Congress.The law covers all acts related to personally regulated drugs, from the act of intentionally holding a drug to make it usable, the act of making a profit from manufacturing and sales, and the act of actually using it. Is prohibited.
- This bill was proposed and deliberated during the 107th Congress, but it was closed during the deliberation.2003 May 1Proposed again at the beginning of the 108th Congress, which opened in (the official proposal date is2003 May 1).At the time of the re-proposal, then Senator Tom Daschle was the main proponent, and Biden was named as one of the ten supporters.However, at this time, the approval failed because two lawmakers withdrew their approval.
- After this failure, the rave law itself was never re-proposed.However, the "illegal drug anti-diffusion method" has almost the same content (Illicit Drug Anti-Proliferation Act) Was enacted on April 2003, 4, and it can be said that the purpose of the rave law was achieved.
- It became a social problem because it was used by many athletes and the general public.Androstenedione(Andro)steroidThe law that outlaws2004 Was established in.During this time, Congress said, "It is a foul to get stronger with medicine.Not American. Chris Bell, even though he gave a speech with On the other hand, "No, I think it's the other way around, and it's very American. I argue.
- The drug-related policies he is currently working on are:Date rape・ A type of drug called a drugEcstasy (MDMA)-KetamineThere are two types of drug regulations.Of these, the former isFlunitrazepamIt is a drug represented byAmnesiaIt is often abused for date rape because it causes symptoms such as.The latter is a drug that is rapidly spreading mainly among young people and has become a serious social problem.
- Among Biden's judicial achievements, lesser-known is education-related legislation.He is "Kids 2000" (Kids 2000) Involved in the enactment of the law.
- The bill decided to support the following items:
- Supporting and promoting household spending on higher education
- For the purpose of supporting and promoting household spending on higher educationincome taxIt is a system to deduct.Households that provide tuition assistance to higher-educated families or take tuition loans are now eligible for a deduction of up to $ 1 per year in income tax paid by the family.
- Digital divideCorrective support
- It aims to establish a partnership between public institutions and the private sector with the aim of providing digital education to young people.This partnership provides young people with computer centers and professional teachers,インターネットThe goal is to improve the level of computer and internet education by providing access and other professional training, correct the digital divide, low household income and potential delinquency. The boy is the main target.
AbortionI have taken the opposite position to2019 May 6Stated in favor of federal funding for abortion costs.."Let's make a law recognizing the right to abortion, and we're not afraid of anything," he said at a rally in southern South Carolina in June of the same year..
Suspicion over pressure on Ukraine
2016 As Vice President of the United StatesウクライナJoe Biden's second son when he visitedHunter bidenWas suspected that the investigation was terminated after demanding the resignation of the country's prosecutor-general, who was in a position to oversee the investigation of the country's gas company where..However, there is no evidence that Hunter Biden was the subject of the investigation..
またDonald TrumpThe president raises this suspicionPresidential electionMaybe because he tried to use it as a material to overthrow the leading opposition Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden just before the UkrainianWolodimir ZelenskyThe Trump administration's diplomatic team pressured the president to investigate the alleged natural gas company and negotiated directly with him, but instead abused diplomatic security for private bargaining. A whistleblower was accused by the U.S. intelligence agency of betraying the people for violating the constitution and the president's oath, and the House of Representatives was impeached for "abuse of power.".
Suspicion of sexual harassment and sexual assault
Biden has been to women so farSexual harassmentSuspicion has been raised.
Female Democrat and former Nevada Parliamentarian in March 2019(English: Lucy Flores）Said Biden approached from behind during the 2014 campaign, smelled his hair, and slowly kissed his back of his head, accusing him of "I've never experienced such a blatantly inappropriate imitation."..Biden argued in a statement on March 3 that he had no perception of improper behavior, but subsequently a second woman claimed to have been improperly contacted by him.She said she was disappointed with his response to the matter and filed a complaint herself. .. April 4rd, BidentwitterI explained about my sexual harassment problem in the video posted onAfter that, the accusations continued, and as of April 2019, 4, seven women have come forward..
Since his time as Vice President during the Obama administration, his excessive contact with women (including minors and children) has been talked about in some media and the Internet...In April of the same year, Amy Rappos, an aide to Congressman Jim Hines (Democratic Party), accused Biden of being improperly touched in the kitchen by wrapping Rappos' face with both hands and rubbing his nose...Rappos says, "A man who touches inappropriately or sexually harasses and promotes rape culture should not be in power." "Such behavior is called" just a favor, "" like a grandpa, "and" friendly. " That in itself is a sign of a great deal of disregard for this issue and is part of the issue. ".
As a background to the growing criticism, the Democratic Party thoroughly pursued the past allegations of sexual assault by Supreme Court Judge Brett Kavanaugh in 2018, while Biden's allegations of sexual harassment are trying to dismiss it as "no problem". , From both the left and conservativesDouble standardIt was criticized as "hypocritical response", and Biden himself once criticized the suspicion of others to listen to the woman's claim that "you should believe in the woman who came forward".In addition, the Democratic Party of Japan, which is the supporting body, has also actively condemned the alleged sexual assault of Trump, the political enemy of the presidential election. was there.
Biden2019 He apologized for alleging that four women had been improperly contacted in a video when he announced that he would run for the presidential election in April, saying that social norms are changing. I posted a video on Twitter that says, "We will give more consideration and respect to people's personal spaces.".
2020 May 3Tara Reid, a female office worker in her twenties at the time, was hired by Biden in 1993.Tara Reade) Claimed to have been sexually assaulted by Biden..According to Reed, Biden kissed after pressing against the wall and put his hand in the skirt.genitalHe inserted his finger into and whispered, "Would you like to go somewhere else?"..Reed criticized the Biden camp, saying the Democratic Party "is in a position to create a country where all women can speak safely, but I didn't have the opportunity," and evidence from Biden's supporters. Withoutロシア OfspyI was accused of being murderedSocial MediaAccountThehackingAnd said that personal information was extracted.. On May 5, Biden totally denied Reed's allegations as untrue.
Biden from the next universityHonorary degreeIs receiving.
- Emerson College (2003)
- Of my alma materUniversity of Delaware (2004LL.D)
- Of my alma materSyracuse University (2009LL.D)
- Wake Forest University (2009LL.D)
- University of Pennsylvania (2013LL.D)
- University of South Carolina (2014 )
- Trinity College (2016LL.D)
- Colby College (2017LL.D)
- (2017 DPS)
- From Syracuse UniversityChancellor Medal (1980)とGeorge Arents Pioneer Medal (2005)Was awarded
- In 2008, he said, "We have improved the quality of life for Americans through a family-friendly labor policy."Working motherThe magazine awarded the Best of Congress Award
- In 2008PakistanSenator said the government "contributed to continued support for Pakistan"と と も にWas given
- In 2009(I.e.In the 1990s, a free gold medal was awarded as an achievement to support Kosovo's independence.
- In 2009Named in
- August 2016, 5,Notre Dame UniversitySpeaker of the House of RepresentativesJohn BoehnerTogether with them, it is regarded as the highest honor of American Catholicism.Was given
- August 2016, 6,アイルランド-LouthWas awarded
- 2017 May 1Is the highest honor in the United States, which has only been given to a very limited number of people.Presidential Medal of FreedomThe presidentBarack ObamaWas given by.Obama praised Biden, saying, "I believed in my fellow Americans, loved the country, and spent my life devoting myself to the country."According to Biden, he was not informed of the award at all, and was deeply moved to tears..
- 2018 May 12,University of DelawareThe Faculty of Political Science is "Joseph R. Biden, Junior Faculty of Political Science (Joseph R. Biden, Jr. School of Public Policy and Administration) ”.Biden Institute (Biden Institute) Also exists there
- 2020 May 12, With BidenKamala HarrisBut"time』Magazine"Person of the YearWas selected. Time magazine describes the two awards as "demonstrating that the power of empathy is greater than the wrath of division, and providing a healing outlook for the grieving world.".
Election campaign history
New Castle County Parliamentary Elections
|Election year||Biden||Opposition candidate|
|Comment||Affiliation party||Number of votes obtained||Voting rate||Comment||Name||Affiliation party||Number of votes obtained||Voting rate|
|1970 ||This||Democratic Party||10,573 vote||55%||drop||Lawrence Mezic||Republican Party||8,192 vote||43%|
|Election year||Biden||Opposition candidate|
|Comment||Affiliation party||Number of votes obtained||Voting rate||Comment||Name||Affiliation party||Number of votes obtained||Voting rate|
|||This||Democratic Party||116,006 vote||50%||drop||Republican Party||112,844 vote||49%|
|||This||Democratic Party||93,930 vote||58%||drop||James Baxter||Republican Party||66,479 vote||41%|
|||This||Democratic Party||147,831 vote||60%||drop||John Barris||Republican Party||98,101 vote||40%|
|||This||Democratic Party||112,918 vote||63%||drop||Republican Party||64,554 vote||36%|
|||This||Democratic Party||165,465 vote||60%||drop||Ray Kratworthy||Republican Party||105,088 vote||38%|
|||This||Democratic Party||135,253 vote||58%||drop||Ray Kratworthy||Republican Party||94,793 vote||41%|
|||This||Democratic Party||257,484 vote||65%||drop||Republican Party||140,584 vote||35%|
Presidential / Vice Presidential Election
|Election year||Own camp||Conflict camp|
(Vice Presidential Candidate)
|Affiliation party||Number of votes obtained||Voting rate||Elector||Comment||Presidential candidate|
(Vice Presidential Candidate)
|Affiliation party||Number of votes obtained||Voting rate||Elector|
|Democratic Party||69,498,516 vote||53%||365||drop||John McCain|
|Republican Party||59,948,323 vote||46%||173|
|Democratic Party||65,915,795 vote||51%||332||drop||Mitt Romney|
|Republican Party||60,933,504 vote||47%||206|
|2020 1||This||Joe Biden|
|Democratic Party||81,282,896 vote||51%||306||drop||Donald Trump|
|Republican Party||74,222,484 vote||47%||232|
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr .; Helms, Jesse (September 2000, 4). Hague Convention On International Child Abduction: Applicable Law And Institutional Framework Within Certain Convention Countries Report To The Senate.Diane Publishing. ISBN 0-7567-2250-0
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (July 2001, 7). Putin Administration's Policies toward Non-Russian Regions of the Russian Federation: Hearing before the Committee on Foreign Relations, US Senate. US Government Printing Office. ISBN 0-7567-2624-7
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (July 2001, 7). Administration's Missile Defense Program and the ABM Treaty: Hearing Before the Committee on Foreign Relations, US Senate. US Government Printing Office. ISBN 0-7567-1959-3
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (July 2001, 9). Threat of Bioterrorism and the Spread of Infectious Diseases: Hearing before the Committee on Foreign Relations, US Senate. US Government Printing Office. ISBN 0-7567-2625-5
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (July 2002, 2). Examining The Theft Of American Intellectual Property At Home And Abroad: Hearing before the Committee On Foreign Relations, US Senate. US Government Printing Office. ISBN 0-7567-4177-7
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (July 2002, 2). Halting the Spread of HIV / AIDS: Future Efforts in the US Bilateral & Multilateral Response: Hearings before the Comm. On Foreign Relations, US Senate.Diane Publishing. ISBN 0-7567-3454-1
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (July 2002, 2). How Do We Promote Democratization, Poverty Alleviation, and Human Rights to Build a More Secure Future: Hearing before the Committee on Foreign Relations, US Senate. US Government Printing Office. ISBN 0-7567-2478-3
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (July 2002, 8). Hearings to Examine Threats, Responses, and Regional Considerations Surrounding Iraq: Hearing before the Committee on Foreign Relations, US Senate. US Government Printing Office. ISBN 0-7567-2823-1
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (January 1, January 2003, 1). International Campaign Against Terrorism: Hearing before the Committee on Foreign Relations, US Senate.Diane Publishing. ISBN 0-7567-3041-4
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (July 2003, 1). Political Future of Afghanistan: Hearing before the Committee on Foreign Relations, US Senate.Diane Publishing. ISBN 0-7567-3039-2
- Biden, Joseph R., Jr. (July 2003, 9). Strategies for Homeland Defense: A Compilation by the Committee on Foreign Relations, US Senate.Diane Publishing. ISBN 0-7567-2623-9
- Biden, Joseph (2005). “Foreword”. In Nicholson, William C .. Homeland Security Law and Policy. C. C Thomas. ISBN 0-398-07583-2
- Biden, Joe (July 2007, 7). . Random House. ISBN 978-1-4000-6536-3 paper bagPublished by Random House in 20080-8129-7621-5.
- Biden, Joe (July 2017, 11). Promise Me, Dad: A Year of Hope, Hardship, and Purpose. Flatiron Books. ISBN 978-1-250-17167-2
- ^ Joseph(joseph) Is nicknamedJoeIs ("Joe").
- ^ The oldest president in history and the oldest president in the history of the United States.
- ^ In fact, the trailer driver was not charged, but suffered for a long time in the accident.1999 Died in.He is also his bereaved familyDrunk drivingI suffered for a long time after being swept away by the hoax that I was doing.Biden himself mentioned this at least twice,2007 "The driver was reportedly drunk driving," he claimed.When the rumors spread in the media, the driver's daughter argued that this was not the case.2008 Biden withdrew his remarks in the fallCall her and apologize.
- ^ At a debate on June 2019, 6, Kamala Harris said, "You (Biden) worked with them (racist senators) to oppose delivery by bus. A girl in California I was put in a second class for the integration of public schools and was taken to school by bus every day. The girl is me. "Biden argued, "It's a false characterization of my overall political position. I don't admire racists. That's not true."..For Biden, the attack was "unexpected"
- ^ Although it is bundled with the Presidential Decree, legally, 9 Executive Orders, 2 Proclamations, 2 Memorandams, Notice (Cancellation of WHO Withdrawal, Paris Agreement) (Return) Two.
- ^ Eight Executive Orders, one Memorandam, and one National Security Directive..
- ^ Churchill's bust is the work of sculptor Sir Jacob EpsteinLindon johnsonIt was a member of the White House collection during the presidency...Barack Obama had the bust removed from the Oval Office and was the then British Foreign Minister.Boris Johnson"(Obama)British EmpireI have hated him since my ancestors. "He was returned to the office after Trump took office..
- ^ First lady.
- ^ "Mr. Biden finishes the event on the first day of his inauguration”. Nihon Keizai Shimbun. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US President Joe Biden in history as "transformative president"”. Mainichi Shimbun (December 2021, 6). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b “Mr. Biden, 78, became the oldest US president in history after taking office” (Japanese). NHK. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved December 21, 2020.
- ^ a b c d e f g h "At the age of XNUMX, Senator overcomes the tragedy of the family attacking one after another ... Mr. Biden's profile(Japanese). (November 2020, 11) Retrieved December 8, 2020.
- ^ "Bungei Haruaki Opinion 2021 Issues 100" January 2021, 1, p.1
- ^ “Joe Biden | Biography & Facts” (English). Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved August 2020, 8.
- ^ a b c d e "[US Presidential Election] Mr. Biden, life of hardship and resurrection, wife and child died in an accident, interacted closely with Republican heavyweights" (Japanese). Sankei Shimbun. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved December 8, 2020.
- ^ “Biden to Resign Senate Jan. 15”. The Hill (January 2009, 1) Retrieved August 9, 2020.
- ^ Obama sets up gun violence task force (English). CBS News(November 2012, 12) Retrieved November 19, 2020.
- ^ Shear, Michael D. (January 2017, 1). “Obama Surprises Joe Biden With Presidential Medal of Freedom” New York Times. Retrieved May 2020, 8.
- ^ CNN, By Melissa Macaya, Meg Wagner, Mike Hayes, Veronica Rocha and Elise Hammond (August 2020, 8). “Live updates: Biden announces 2020 election VP pick” (English). CNN. Retrieved August 2020, 8.
- “Presidential election results: Live map of 2020 electoral votes”. NBC News. Retrieved November 2020, 11.
- “Joe Biden to become the 46th president of the United States, CNN projects”. CNN. Retrieved November 2020, 11.
- “Biden apparent winner of precedence: Election 2020 live updates” (English). ABC News. Retrieved November 2020, 11.
- Martin, Jonathan; Burns, Alexander (November 2020, 11). “Biden Wins Presidency, Ending Four Tumultuous Years Under Trump” The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331 Retrieved November 2020, 11.
- Steinhauser, Paul (November 2020, 11). “Biden wins presidency, Trump denied second term in White House, Fox News projects” (English). Fox News. Retrieved November 2020, 11.
- “Election 2020 Reuters” (English). Reuters Retrieved November 2020, 11.
- Lemire, Jonathan; Lemire, Onathan; Miller, Zeke; Weissert, Will (November 2020, 11). “Biden defeats Trump for White House, says'time to heal” (English). APnews Retrieved December 2020, 12
- ^ a b c "[US Presidential Election 2020] Mr. Biden officially wins election vote praises the strength of US democracy" (Japanese). BBC. (December 2020, 12) Retrieved December 15, 2020.
- ^ "US Congress recognizes Mr. Biden's victory and promises president's" orderly transition "" (Japanese). Reuters. (January 2021, 1) Retrieved January 7, 2021.
- ^ a b c d e f “Joe Biden becomes 46th President of the United States”. with the BBC(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ From data on WARGS.com, a site specializing in genealogy and genealogy (English, search data on August 2008, 8)
- ^ a b c From the electronic version of the San Francisco Chronicle (English / original is the Associated Press article)
- ^ a b c d e From the article of NY Times electronic version, October 2008, 10 (local time) (English)
- ^ a b From the article on FOXNews.com August 2008, 8 (local time) (English / original version is the Associated Press article)
- ^ Almanac of American Politics (published in 2008), page 364 (quoted from the English Wikipedia footnote)
- ^ a b c The News JournalFrom Martin Frank's article "Biden was the stuttering kid who wanted the ball" (published September 2008, 9) in (Wilmington's local newspaper) (quoted from the English Wikipedia footnote)
- ^ By Paul Taylor: "See How They Run: Electing the President in an Age of Mediaocracy" (English, published by Alfred A. Knopp in 1990), page 99 (quoting the footnote of the English version of Wikipedia)
- ^ Biden's autobiography "Promises to Keep"paper bagFrom page 27 (quoting the footnote of the English Wikipedia version as it is)
- ^ From page 1987 of the Current Biography Yearbook (43 edition) (quoting the footnotes of the English and Wikipedia English editions as they are)
- ^ a b Biden Admits Plagiarism in School But Says It Was Not'Malevolent' --The New York Times
- ^ a b From the biography page of the US Congress
- ^ Chase, Randall (September 2008, 9). “Biden got 5 draft deferments during Nam, as did Cheney” (English). Newsday. Associated Press Retrieved December 2020, 12
- ^ Romano, Lois (June 1987, 6). “Joe Biden & the Politics of Belief” The Washington Post Retrieved December 2020, 12.
- ^ a b "State of Delaware Official Results of General Election (Excluding Write-in Votes) 1970”. Office of the Delaware State Election Commissioner. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “BIDEN'S WIFE, CHILD KILLED IN CAR CRASH” (English). The New York Times. (December 1972, 12) Retrieved December 19, 2020.
- ^ a b c “Driver In Biden Crash Wanted Name Cleared” (English). Politico. (January 2019, 1) Retrieved December 25, 2020.
- ^ “Driver In Biden Crash Wanted Name Cleared” (English). CBS Evening News. (March 2009, 3) Retrieved December 24, 2020.
- ^ Levey, Noam M. (August 2008, 8). “In his home state, Biden is a regular Joe” (English). Los Angeles Times Retrieved December 2020, 12.
- ^ a b "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 7, 1978”. Clerk of the United States House of Representatives. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b Clerk of the United States House of Representatives (1985). “Statistics of the Presidential and Congressional Election of November 6, 1984”. US Government Printing Office. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Kelley, Kitty (June 1974, 6). “Death and the All-American Boy” (English). Retrieved November 2020, 12.
- ^ Gadsden, Brett (May 2019, 5). “Here's How Deep Biden's Busing Problem Runs” (English). Politico Retrieved December 2020, 12.
- ^ Gadsen 2012, p. 214.
- ^ a b "Attack concentrated on Mr. Biden US presidential election, Democratic Party TV debate day 2" (Japanese). BBC. (December 2019, 6) Retrieved December 28, 2020.
- ^ “Vice Presidential candidate Kamala Harris has a keen pursuit” (Japanese). Jiji Press. (August 2020, 8) Retrieved December 12, 2020.
- ^ a b c d e f g Gordon, Michael R. (August 2008, 8). “In Biden, Obama chooses a foreign policy adherent of diplomacy before force”. The New York Times Retrieved November 2009, 11.
- ^ Current Biography Yearbook 1987, P. 45.
- ^ Salacuse, Jeswald W. (2005). Leading Leaders: How to Manage Smart, Talented, Rich and Powerful People.American Management Association. ISBN 0-8144-0855-9 p. 144.
- ^ a b Leubsdorf, Carl P. (September 1987, 9). Keeps Sights Set On White House ”. The Dallas Morning News Reprinted in “Lifelong ambition led Joe Biden to Senate, White House aspirations”. Dallas Morning News(July 2008, 8)
- ^ Herndon, Astead W. (January 2019, 1). “Biden Expresses Regret for Support of Crime Legislation in the 1990s”The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331 Retrieved November 2019, 1.
- ^ "Biden in 2020? Allies Say He Sees Himself as Democrats' Best Hope", By Jonathan Martin and Alex Burns. New York Times. January 6, 2019
- ^ Current Biography Yearbook 1987, P. 44.
- ^ Fifield, Anna (January 2013, 1). “Biden faces key role in second term” (English). Financial Times
- ^ Scherer, Michael (January 2013, 1). “The Next Gun Fight”. Time Cover story.
- ^ Finley, Bruce (September 2014, 9). “Biden: Men who don't stop violence against women are“ cowards ””. The Denver Post
- ^ “Domestic Violence”. Biden senate website. Retrieved September 2008, 9.
- ^ Dionne Jr., EJ (June 1987, 6). “Biden Joins Campaign for the Presidency”. The new york times
- ^ a b Toner, Robin (August 1987, 8). “Biden, Once the Field's Hot Democrat, Is Being Overtaken by Cooler Rivals”. The new york times
- ^ a b Taylor, Paul (1990). See How They Run: Electing the President in an Age of Mediaocracy. . ISBN 0-394-57059-6
- ^ Altman, Lawrence K. (February 1998, 2). “The Doctor's World; Subtle Clues Are Often The Only Warnings Of Perilous Aneurysms” (English). New York Times Retrieved December 2020, 12.
- ^ a b c Altman, Lawrence K. (February 2008, 10). “Many Holes in Disclosure of Nominees' Health” (English). New York Times Retrieved December 2020, 12.
- ^ “Biden Resting After Surgery For Second Brain Aneurysm”. The New York Times. Associated Press. (May 1988, 5)
- ^ Woodward, Calvin (August 2008, 8). “VP candidate profile: Sen. Joe Biden”. The Seattle Times. Associated Press Retrieved September 2008, 9.
- ^ Yusuke Hirata (August 2020, 8). "[US Presidential Election] Mr. Biden, life of hardship and resurrection, wife and child died in an accident (Japanese). Sankei Shimbun, viewed December 2020, 12.
- ^ a b c d e f g Richter, Paul; Levey, Noam N. (August 2008, 8). “Joe Biden respected—if not always popular—for foreign policy record”. Los Angeles Times Retrieved December 2020, 12.
- ^ Clymer, Adam (January 1991, 1). “Congress Acts to Authorize War in Gulf” (English). New York Times Retrieved December 2020, 12.
- ^ a b c Almanac of American Politics 2008, p. eleven.
- ^ a b Kessler, Glenn (October 2008, 10).“Biden Played Less Than Key Role in Bosnia Legislation” (English). Washington Post Retrieved December 2020, 12.
- ^ Holmes, Elizabeth (August 2008, 8). “Biden, McCain Have a Friendship—and More—in Common” (English). The Wall Street Journal Retrieved December 2020, 12.
- ^ Crowley, Michael (September 2009, 9). “HawkDown” (English). The New Republic Retrieved December 2020, 12. "Even before Obama announced his run for president, Biden was warning that Afghanistan, not Iraq, was the'central front' in the war against Al Qaeda, requiring a major US commitment.'Whatever it takes, we should do it,' Biden said in February 23. "
- ^ Russert, Tim (April 2007, 4). “MTP Transcript for April 29, 2007” (English). Meet the Press (NBC News): p. 2
- ^ a b Makoto Saito & Jun Furuya 2012, p. 332.
- ^ Makoto Saito & Jun Furuya 2012, p. 331-332.
- ^ “Think you know your election trivia?”. CNN(July 2008, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “The First Catholic Vice President?”. NPR(July 2009, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Gaudiano, Nicole (November 2008, 11). “VP's home awaits if Biden chooses”. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c Baker, Peter (April 2019, 4). “Biden and Obama's'Odd Couple' Relationship Aged Into Family Ties”. The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331 NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b Cummings, Jeanne (September 2009, 9). “Joe Biden,'the skunk at the family picnic'”. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “After Cheney”. The New York Times(July 2009, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c Scherer, Michael (June 2012, 6). “Mo Joe”. Time: pp. 26–30
- ^ a b Crowley, Michael (September 2014, 11). “The war over President Obama's new war in Iraq”. Political NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Biden visits South Africa as World Cup begins”. CNN(July 2010, 6) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b Lee, Carol E .; Bresnahan, John (December 2010, 12). “Joe Biden expands role as White House link to Congress”. Political NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c Cooper, Helene (December 2010, 12). “As the Ground Shifts, Biden Plays a Bigger Role”. The New York Times NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Hulse, Carl; Calmes, Jackie (December 2010, 12). “Biden and GOP Leader Helped Hammer Out Bipartisan Tax Accord”. The New York Times NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Memoli, Michael A. (October 2011, 10). “Kadafi death: Joe Biden says'NATO got it right' in Libya". NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Biden backs Russia WTO bid, praises Medvedev”. Reuters(July 2011, 3)
- ^ (September 2014, 1). “Hillary Told the President That Her Opposition to the Surge in Iraq Had Been Political”. Slate
- ^ Martin, Jonathan (October 2013, 10). “Book Details Obama Aides' Talks About Replacing Biden on 2012 Ticket”. The New York Times
- ^ “Special team formed to tighten gun control in the White House”(July 2012, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US Government and Opposition Republican Party Agree to Avoid" Fiscal Cliff "". AFPBB(July 2013, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Chapter 12 US Domestic Politics on Ukraine Issues-Focusing on the Relationship with the 2016 US Presidential Election-Yusuke Nishizumi (Japan Institute of International Affairs)
- ^ Paz, Christian (October 2020, 10). “The Biden Doctrine Begins With Latin America”. The Atlantic. ISSN 1072-7825 NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Melander, Ingrid (August 2016, 8). “Biden offers condolences for Serbs killed in 1999 NATO air strikes”. Reuters
- ^ Bytyci, Fatos (August 2016, 8). “'We owe you so much,' Kosovo to tell Biden as street named after late son”. Reuters NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Bezhan, Frud (August 2016, 8). “Word On The Street Is That Kosovo Has A Love Affair With Americans”.Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Rucker, Philip; Viser, Matt; DeBonis, Mike (March 2020, 3). “Trump and allies resume attacks on Biden's son as the Democrat surges”. The washington post NovemberBrowse.
- ^ There is a'Draft Joe Biden' super PAC now. It's even hiring a fundraiser. The Washington Post (March 2015, 3)
- ^ “Joe Biden still undecided on presidential run” (English). with the BBC(July 2015, 9) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[US Presidential Election 2016] Vice President Biden does not run and officially announces" (Japanese). with the BBC(July 2015, 10) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Joe Biden endorses Hillary Clinton POLITICO (June 2016, 6)
- ^ “Surprise from Mr. Obama, Vice President of Freedom to US Vice President Biden”. CNN.co.jp (CNN). (November 2017, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “President Obama Confers Surprise Presidential Medal to Vice President Biden”. Reuters (Reuters). (November 2017, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Bycoffe, Aaron (February 2017, 2). “Pence Has Already Done Something Biden Never Did: Break A Senate Tie". . NovemberBrowse. “Twelve vice presidents, including Biden, never broke a tie; Biden was the longest-serving vice president to never do so.”
- ^ "Former US Vice President Joe Biden announces establishment of political activity committee = NYT" (Japanese). Reuters(July 2017, 6) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Scherer, Michael; Wagner, John (April 25, 2019). "Former vice president Joe Biden jumps into White House race". The Washington Post(April 2019, 4) Retrieved April 25, 2019
- ^ "Former Vice President Biden announces run for 2020 US presidential election" (Japanese). with the BBC(July 2019, 4) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Biden, pollster of top Democratic candidate with 29% approval rating”. CNN (July 2019, 8). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Democratic Candidate Fight, Sanders Leads US CNN Survey”. CNN (July 2020, 1). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Buttigiegge takes the lead at the Iowa Caucus of the U.S. Democratic Party”. AFP (July 2020, 2). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden struggles, that "nova" takes the lead US Democratic rally”. Asahi Shimbun (September 2020, 2). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[US Presidential Election] Mr. Sanders wins, Mr. Butajedge also fights well New Hampshire primary”. BBC (October 2020, 2). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Sanders surely wins in Nevada US Democratic candidate selection”. Asahi Shimbun (September 2020, 2). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Biden wins first US Democratic nomination race South Carolina primary”. AFP (July 2020, 3). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[US Presidential Election 2020] Democratic Centers unite with Mr. Biden to confront leftist Mr. Sanders"BBC", November 2020, 11.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Democratic Klobuchar withdraws to support Biden US presidential election”. AFP (July 2020, 3). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[US Presidential Election 2020] Mr. Biden makes a comeback on Democratic Super Tuesday"BBC", November 2020, 3.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Biden soars to top approval rating, overtakes Sanders"Nihon Keizai Shimbun," August 2020, 3.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Bloomberg withdraws 10 wins including Biden, Maine"BBC", November 2020, 3.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Warren withdraws from US presidential election-without stating which candidate to support"Bloomberg," March 2020, 3.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[US Presidential Election 2020] Democratic Party Candidates Vote in 6 States Mr. Biden Further Dominance"BBC", November 2020, 3.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden Nakamichi solidifies the advantage to nomination as soon as possible"BBC", November 2020, 3.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "U.S. Democratic Gabbard withdraws from nomination battle, announces support for Mr. Biden". Reuters(July 2020, 3) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "U.S. Democratic Sanders withdraws from president Biden's nomination surely". Reuters(July 2020, 4) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Supporting Mr. Sanders and Mr. Biden" Full power to overthrow Trump "". Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2020, 4) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[US Presidential Election 2020] Former President Obama, Mr. Biden has expressed support for" healing "the country." (Japanese). with the BBC(July 2020, 4) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "U.S. Democratic Warren also expressed support to Mr. Biden, aiming to unite in the presidential election"Reuters," April 2020, 4.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Clinton also supports Mr. Biden Democracy, ready to raise party-US presidential election"Jiji Press, November 2020, 4.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "US Choice XNUMX Presidential Election" Mr. Trump is Toxic "Mr. Biden, Front of Black Issues". Mainichi Newspapers(July 2020, 8) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US Democratic Party, Vice Presidential candidate announced by Mr. Harris and Mr. Biden". AFP(July 2020, 8) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Next Vice President Harris The struggle to embody "diversity""Nihon Keizai Shimbun," August 2020, 11.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Next Biden declares that there are "four black women" as vice presidential candidates"CNN", November 2020, 11.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[US Presidential Election 2020] Mr. Biden, nominated speech to protect the people and end the darkness". with the BBC(July 2020, 8) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden accepts Democratic presidential nomination and vows to overcome the dark season". AFP(July 2020, 8) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Trump Biden rally in Florida, clear difference in corona measures". Reuters(July 2020, 8) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[US Presidential Election 2020] Challenger Former Vice President Biden, What is your attitude toward major issues?"BBC", November 2020, 8.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Thorough masks and inspections Mr. Biden's corona measures, experts evaluate". Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2020, 9) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "The centrists are thin ... Worried about the conflict of the divided society <During the battle of the US presidential election Biden>"Tokyo Shimbun", September 2020, 8.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "U.S. presidential election Trump hits Democratic convention and closes approval rating with Biden"Sankei Shimbun," August 2020, 8.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US Presidential Election Debate Introduces Time to Turn Off One Microphone to Prevent Interrupts". CNN. (July 2020, 10) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “[US Presidential Election 2020] Actually discuss policy issues at the final debate”. BBC. (December 2020, 10) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Mr. Biden,“ You are the most racist president of all time ””. Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2020, 10) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[US Presidential Election 2020] Mr. Biden declares victory" To be a president who unites rather than divides "". BBC. (December 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “US Presidential Election, Winners Found in All 50 States US Press Biden 306, Trump 232”Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (June 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- "US Federal Government Allows Mr. Biden to Start Transition Procedures" (Japanese). Asahi Shimbun. (November 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- "Mr. Trump allows Mr. Biden to start transition procedure" (Japanese). BBC News. (November 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- “Mr. Trump tolerates transition work and does not admit defeat” (Japanese). Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (November 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Tracking the 2020 electoral college vote” (English). Washington Post(July 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden confirms victory by electoral vote" Democracy victory ""Reuters. (June 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Biden wins presidential election-majority vote in electoral vote Bloomberg Delivery on February 2020, 12 Read on February 15, 2020
- ^ "The next US President Joe Biden will appeal for safety through vaccination TV broadcast". with the BBC(July 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Trump's supporters intrude into Congress and obstruct four dead from presidential players-curfew to US capital". Newsletter(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "The US Congress rushes into a" rebellion "and Mr. Biden, lawmakers and others" attempted coup "". French communication(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "U.S. President Biden elected confirmed Trump supporters occupy Congress". Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “U.S. Secretary of State Blinken Announced by Mr. Biden Former Secretary of State Kerry as Presidential Envoy”Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (June 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden announces the appointment of Mr. Austin to the Secretary of Defense" A person capable of dealing with the crisis ""Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (June 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden announces important ministerial personnel appointments as Secretary of State". BBC. (December 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "Aboriginal people first appointed as minister Biden to historic nomination". BBC. (December 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Focus on Mr. Trump's investigation after retirement, Mr. Garland as Attorney General riot incitement and allegations of election fraud"Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (June 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “President-elect Biden to appoint Mr. Garland as US Attorney General”Mainichi Shimbun. (August 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Biden's Secretary of Transportation to be 38-year-old Buttigiegge". NHK. (October 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c "Mr. Blinken as Secretary of State The new climate envoy is Mr. Kelly-Experience and Diversity Focused-The Next US Administration". NHK. (October 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden nominates Mr. Besera as the next Secretary of Health"Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (June 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden to nominate Mr. Billsack as Secretary of Agriculture since the Obama administration"Reuters. (June 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden, the first woman to be nominated as Director of National Intelligence by former CIA Deputy Director Haynes"Reuters. (June 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden appointed a woman to represent the US Trade Representative ... Mr. Thai of Taiwanese origin"Yomiuri Shimbun. (August 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "Mr. Biden" America is back "Announcement of six major personnel including ministers". BBC. (December 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden appointed Ron Klain as White House Chief of Staff ... Vice President's closest aide"Yomiuri Shimbun. (August 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden Appoints Former Secretary of State Kerry as New Climate Change Envoy Blinken as Secretary of State". Tokyo Shimbun. (June 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "Mr. Biden Appoints Former UN Ambassador to the United Nations as Head of Domestic Policy Team"Reuters. (June 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Mr. Buttigieg is nominated as US Secretary of Transportation Young Hope expects to invest in infrastructure”. Sankei Shimbun(July 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden announces corona countermeasure team appeal to the public to wear masks". French communication(July 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "U.S. Senate Biden's next administration's whereabouts election begins". NHK(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Biden and Trump make a speech in Georgia, featured final vote". Reuters(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Democrats regain two seats in Georgia final vote in both houses of the United States". with the BBC(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Trump welcomes Mr. Biden to be absent from US Presidential Inauguration Ceremony". Newsletter(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US Democratic Party prepares President Trump's impeachment resolution to be submitted at the beginning of the week". with the BBC(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden, tears of his late eldest son issued locally-US". Newsletter(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b The White House Briefing Room
- ^ "Signing an Executive Order Ordering Withdrawal of New President Biden WHO". NHK(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden signs comprehensive corona measures, 10 presidential decree". Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "Mr. Biden carries Churchill's bust out of the Oval Office". CNN (Japanese). (January 2021, 1) Retrieved February 22, 2021.
- ^ a b "How is it different from Mr. Trump, the office of US President Biden?". BBC (Japanese). (January 2021, 1) Retrieved February 22, 2021.
- ^ Executive Order on Ensuring the Future Is Made in All of America by All of America's Workers
- ^ "Mr. Biden signs" By American "extended executive order". Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden signs presidential decree on climate change measures, a major shift from the previous administration". with the BBC(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden to rescue uninsured people Presidential decree" Repairing damage from the previous administration "". Reuters(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US Corona Additional Measures Law Enacted, Mr. Biden" To Accelerate Vaccination ""Reuters (Japanese). (March 2021, 3) Retrieved March 12, 2021.
- ^ "Achieved XNUMX million US vaccines". Sankei News(July 2021, 3) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c “First meeting after the inauguration of President Biden“ The struggle between democracy and tyranny ””. Japan Broadcasting Corporation(July 2021, 3) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US Administration's Large-Scale Infrastructure Plan Creates 10 Million Jobs in 1900 Years-Mr. Biden"Bloomberg. (April 2021, 4) Retrieved April 5, 2021.
- ^ "Biden's corporate tax increase plan aimed at reducing the disparity by rewinding the Trump tax cut". NEWSWEEK. (April 2021, 4) Retrieved April 9, 2021.
- ^ "US President Announces Gun Control Measures Targets such as" Ghost Guns ""Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (November 2021, 4) Retrieved December 8, 2021.
- ^ "President Biden" Now is the time for a major change "appeal to eliminate racial discrimination. NHK. (April 2021, 4) Retrieved April 21, 2021.
- ^ a b "Mr. Xi is a" tyrannicalist "Mr. Biden, a hard-line stance toward China in his speech."Asahi Shimbun. (April 2021, 4) Retrieved April 29, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden, US infrastructure investment bill passed is a" huge step "". BBC. (November 2021, 11) Retrieved November 7, 2021.
- ^ "Tall and advantageous? Mr. Trump," Chibi Mike "and political enemy attack". Yomiuri Shimbun. (March 2020, 3) Retrieved December 2, 2020.
- ^ "Mr. Biden talks with Pope on the phone" to cooperate on climate change and immigration issues "". Yomiuri Shimbun. (March 2020, 11) Retrieved December 13, 2020.
- ^ “Basics of Elections, Democratic Party Joe Biden”. NHK. Retrieved February 2021, 2.
- ^ a b c Hendrickson, John (November 2019, 11). “What Joe Biden Can't Bring Himself to Say" (English). The Atlantic. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "Well, sunglasses in front of the Queen?" Mr. Biden's rudeness "Britain was indignant."JoongAng Ilbo. (June 2021, 6) Retrieved November 16, 2021
- ^ "Biden and Putin donated US-made pilot sunglasses"Agence France-Presse (August 2021, 6) Retrieved August 18, 2021.
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23nt2xYws0o(Youtube video)
- ^ "A word leaked by the Vice President at a historic moment, picked up by Mike and making a noise". CNN.co.jp. (March 2010, 3) Retrieved March 24, 2010.
- ^ “Mr. Biden goes to the White House with two dogs”. BBC. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved December 14, 2020.
- ^ "Mr. Biden's dog starts a" new life "at the White House"Jiji Press. (January 2021, 1) Retrieved February 26, 2021.
- ^ a b Japan Broadcasting Corporation. “The first railroad in 75 years in Hawaii". NHK News. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Mr. Biden's Inauguration, Amtrak Considers Entering Washington”. CNN.co.jp. (March 2020, 12) Retrieved March 8, 2020.
- ^ "Governor Miyagi welcomes the birth of US President Joe Biden, who has taken care of the disaster area."Kahoku Shimpo. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved December 10, 2020.
- ^ "Prime Minister Abe's visit to Yasukuni, US" heartfelt disappointment "analysis". AFP. (December 2013, 12) Retrieved December 27, 2020.
- ^ "Vice President Biden" We wrote the Constitution of Japan. Japan cannot be a nuclear power. "Mr. Trump's criticism of acceptance, an unusual statement."Sankei Shimbun. (August 2016, 8) Retrieved April 16, 2019.
- ^ "Mr. Biden opens election headquarters in" Atsumori "". CNN. (December 2020, 12) Retrieved December 7, 2020.
- ^ "Joe Biden of Japan? Mayor Umeda" Slightly confused "-Yamato Town, Kumamoto Prefecture". CNN. (December 2020, 11) Retrieved December 9, 2020.
- ^ "Next is Joe Biden" Bus stop "Kamiumeda" Attention in the US presidential election Ube / Yamaguchi "Mainichi Shimbun. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved December 13, 2020.
- ^ "Joe Biden in Fukushima? Bus stop" Kami Umeda "is a hot topic"Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved December 14, 2020.
- ^ "This year's" Expectation Bina "is a mask in the hands of Mr. Biden and Mr. Harris"Asahi Shimbun. (January 2021, 1) Retrieved January 27, 2021.
- ^ "The names are" Yoshi "and" Joe ", Japan-US leaders aim to build trust."Asahi Shimbun. (January 2021, 1) Retrieved January 28, 2021.
- ^ "In a relationship that calls" Fumio "and" Joe "... Mr. Biden and Mr. Kishida are reiterated to apply the security of the Senkaku Islands.". Yomiuri Shimbun. (March 2021, 10) Retrieved December 5, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden announces statement again apologizes for detaining Japanese Americans". Kyodo News (September 2021, 2). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US President Congratulates Former Prime Minister Abe on" Helping Progress in Cooperation Around the World "US Foundation Awards Tour" (Japanese). Sankei Shimbun. (March 2021, 3) Retrieved March 26, 2021.
- ^ "Prime Minister Suga's visit to the United States (April 3-4, 15rd year of Reiwa)". Ministry of Foreign Affairs (September 2021, 4). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ ""Peace and stability of the Taiwan Strait" specified in a joint statement by the leaders of Japan and the United States". JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) (September 2021, 4). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[World issues] Japan-US joint statement "Taiwan" specified for the first time in XNUMX years". Sankei Shimbun (September 2021, 4). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Catherine EF Biden, Mother of the Vice President, Is Dead at 92”. The New Yorker times (January 2010, 1). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US Vice President Joe Biden's eldest son dies, 46 years old with brain tumor". NovemberBrowse.CNN.co.jp
- ^ Marshall, Olivia (November 2020, 11). “US presidential candidate Joe Biden has roots in Sussex”. The Argus Retrieved November 2020, 11.
- ^ “Joe Biden will be the first US president to have Sussex ancestry”. Chichester Observer. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved November 13, 2020.
- ^ a b c Hideki Ogawa "A certain truth" that can be seen by reading the "family tree" of President-elect Joe Biden (Japanese). Hyundai Business. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved April 26, 2021.
- ^ a b c d “The land of the ancestors of Mr. Biden, an Irish citizen who is surely boiling”. AFP. (December 2020, 11) Retrieved December 10, 2020.
- ^ "Relatives of Mr. Biden's hometown Ireland talk about exchanges". TV Asahi. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved December 13, 2020.
- ^ "The United States is back," Biden emphasizes alliance.Sankei Shimbun. (August 2020, 11) Retrieved April 8, 2020.
- ^ "The definitive Harvard-style" NO "negotiation technique" by William L. Yuri,Seiichiro SaitoTranslation (Mikasa Shobo） ISBN 978-4-8379-5583-2
- ^ Osnos, Evan (August 2014, 8). “Breaking Up: Maliki and Biden”. The New Yorker NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Staff, Reuters (October 2020, 1). "US Democratic Debate, Mr. Sanders criticizes Mr. Biden over Iraq war approval". Reuters NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "Pride of diplomatic experience is also" wrong start "<US presidential election Biden's battle>". Tokyo Newspaper(July 2020, 8) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Staff, Reuters (October 2020, 11). "US Democratic Debate, Mr. Sanders criticizes Mr. Biden over Iraq war approval". Nihon Keizai Shimbun NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "[US Presidential Election 2020] What does Mr. Biden's victory mean for the world?"BBC News".NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US to revive support for Palestine Support for "two-state coexistence""Nihon Keizai Shimbun," August 2021, 1.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "French President Offers US Iran Arbitration" Effort "to Resume Nuclear Agreement Dialogue"Jiji Press. (February 2021, 2) Retrieved February 5, 2021
- ^ "Secretary of State Blinken is cautious about the early return of the Iran nuclear agreement"Mainichi Shimbun. (January 2021, 1) Retrieved February 28, 2021
- ^ "U.S. military bombs "pro-Iranian militia" in Syria Biden's first military action"AFPBB", February 2021, 2.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "U.S. officials "dead to militia" in Syrian airstrikes Defense Secretary advises attack and Biden decides"CNN", November 2021, 2.NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden announces the end of the longest war in the United States" Afghan withdrawalNihon Keizai Shimbun. (April 2021, 4) Retrieved April 15, 2021
- ^ "Mr. Biden" Right to Israel to Defend "Hamas Condemned"Asahi Shimbun. (February 2021, 5) Retrieved February 13, 2021
- ^ "US President Biden" praises the decision "Israel ceasefire in Hamas"Sankei Shimbun. (May 2021, 5) Retrieved May 21, 2021
- ^ "Biden's weakness is the cause," Mr. Trump said in a Hamas clash with Israel. "Sankei Shimbun. (May 2021, 5) Retrieved May 12, 2021
- ^ "US President Joe Biden Adheres to Afghanistan's Withdrawal Decision". BBC. (August 2021, 8) Retrieved November 17, 2021
- ^ a b "Mr. Biden" The United States is back "Telephone talks with four European leaders"Jiji Press. (January 2020, 11) Retrieved February 11, 2020.
- ^ a b c d "NATO, US-Europe Crack Repair? Biden Diplomacy and the World (4)"Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (November 2020, 12) Retrieved December 4, 2020.
- ^ a b "Europe hopes to restore US-Europe alliance" Welcome "President Biden" -US presidential election "Jiji Press. (January 2020, 11) Retrieved February 9, 2020.
- ^ "NATO and EU invite Mr. Biden to visit Brussels"Reuters. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved December 24, 2020.
- ^ a b "Biden asks Johnson to conclude EU negotiations" Warning on Irish border issue. CNN. (December 2020, 11) Retrieved December 26, 2020.
- ^ a b “First telephone talk with British Prime Minister Johnson and US President Joe Biden”. NHK. (January 2021, 1) Retrieved January 24, 2021.
- ^ “Improving relations with the United States is an issue Turkey aims for a summit meeting”Jiji Press. (January 2020, 11) Retrieved February 26, 2020.
- ^ "Communicating the strengthening of US-Europe relations Mr. Biden talks with Mr. Macron by telephone"Mainichi Shimbun. (November 2021, 1) Retrieved December 27, 2021.
- ^ "German Chancellor Angela Merkel and US President Joe Biden talk on the phone" Responsible for the alliance ""Sankei Shimbun. (August 2021, 1) Retrieved April 26, 2021.
- ^ “Telephone talks with President Biden NATO top show NATO-focused stance”. NHK. (January 2021, 1) Retrieved January 27, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden announces increased refugee acceptance due to US military reduction freeze"Asahi Shimbun. (February 2021, 2) Retrieved February 5, 2021
- ^ "US-UK leaders counter telephone talks against China's Belt and Road Initiative". NHK. (March 2021, 3) Retrieved March 27, 2021
- ^ "His Highness died, US President Joe Biden condolences". NTV NEWS24. (April 2021, 4) Retrieved April 10, 2021
- ^ "British Prime Minister Johnson meets US President Joe Biden for the first time" fresh breath "". BBC. (August 2021, 6) Retrieved November 16, 2021
- ^ "NATO Leaders Declaration Against China's Threat Biden Reaffirms Unity"Agence France-Presse. (June 2021, 6) Retrieved November 15, 2021
- ^ "US EU Leaders Talk to Russia to Cooperate at" High Level ""Asahi Shimbun. (February 2021, 6) Retrieved February 16, 2021
- ^ "Mr. Biden and Mr. Merkel meet, draw a picture of the future of US-German relations". CNN. (July 2021, 7) Retrieved November 16, 2021
- ^ "Democracy Merkel entrusted to Mr. Biden, last visit to the United States"Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (April 2021, 7) Retrieved April 16, 2021
- ^ a b c "U.S.-French Presidential Meeting Mr. Biden" has taken a clumsy response "on the submarine contract issue.". BBC. (August 2021, 10) Retrieved November 30, 2021
- ^ "The Biden administration" like Mr. Trump "is angry at the US-UK-Australia framework-French Foreign Minister"Jiji Press. (February 2021, 9) Retrieved February 16, 2021
- ^ "Mr. Biden meets with the Pope and receives the words" good Catholic ""Agence France-Presse. (June 2021, 10) Retrieved November 30, 2021
- ^ "The US-France summit talks on a nuclear submarine project that Mr. Biden admits to responding to" clumsy "". CNN. (July 2021, 10) Retrieved November 30, 2021
- ^ a b c “Mr. Putin, not yet congratulated Biden to become President of the United States”Jiji Press. (January 2020, 12) Retrieved February 3, 2020.
- ^ “US Presidential Election 2020 Policy Comparison”. NHK Retrieved December 2020, 12.
- ^ a b c "[US Presidential Election 2020] Congratulations on the election of Mr Putin and Mr. Biden.. NHK. (January 2020, 12) Retrieved January 16, 2020.
- ^ “First telephone talk with Mr. Biden and Mr. Putin on the agenda such as cyber attacks”. CNN. (December 2021, 1) Retrieved December 27, 2021.
- ^ a b "Mr. Biden's victory report Russia is concerned about further deterioration of relations with the United States"Sankei Shimbun. (August 2020, 11) Retrieved April 8, 2020.
- ^ “Message to President-elect Putin and President-elect Biden”. NHK. (January 2020, 12) Retrieved January 15, 2020.
- ^ “First telephone conversation with Mr. Biden and Mr. Putin mentions allegations of US presidential election intervention”. BBC. (November 2021, 1) Retrieved December 27, 2021.
- ^ "US-Russian leaders agree on principle to extend New START Maintaining the only nuclear disarmament framework"Jiji Press. (January 2021, 1) Retrieved February 27, 2021.
- ^ "US Biden administration attempts to poison Mr. Navalny for the first time against Russia". Sankei News(July 2021, 3) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden" Putin is a murderer "Russia summons Ambassador to the United States". Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2021, 3) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "The Biden administration imposes additional sanctions on Russia and restricts the purchase of newly issued Russian government bonds"Bloomberg. (April 2021, 4) Retrieved April 15, 2021.
- ^ "President Biden" National Emergency "to Exile 10 Russian Diplomats". NHK. (January 2021, 4) Retrieved January 16, 2021.
- ^ "US-Russia Summit Joint Statement Announcement Dialogue on Strategic Stability over Nuclear Arms Reduction". NHK. (January 2021, 6) Retrieved January 17, 2021.
- ^ a b "Summary of COP26," It's a mistake "that Mr. Biden of the United States and Mr. Xi of China did not participate in."Asahi Shimbun (Japanese). (November 2021, 11) Retrieved February 3, 2021.
- ^ “Analysis: Biden's old friend Xi is not the man he once was”. Nikkei Asian Review(July 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Biden said, Xi Jinping said," but wise and strict ... not democratic ideas. "". Yomiuri Shimbun(July 2021, 2) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "Mr. Biden, China is the" most important competitor "... against Russia" the era of resistance is over "". Yomiuri Shimbun(July 2021, 2) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Mr. Biden,“ in fierce competition ”with China”. Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2021, 2) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden criticizes" China is not a competitor "threat underestimation". Sankei News(July 2019, 5) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden launches hard against China against criticism of" China's lukewarm "". Fuji Sankei Business Eye(July 2020, 8) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Investigation of Mr. Biden's son, is it for Chinese business?". Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "" China also investigates Biden's parents and children ", Mr. Trump also encourages foreign involvement". Reuters(July 2019, 10) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden attacks Mr. Trump in China's account". CNN(July 2020, 10) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “The 2nd TV Discussion Trump and Biden Candidates Last Direct Showdown”. NHK(July 2020, 10) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c d e "Mr. Biden's policy toward China, focusing on allies-a strict stance on China". bloomberg. (November 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "Mr. Biden will add up to 25% tariffs on Chinese products for the time being?". NHK. (October 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c “Why China and Russia don't want to celebrate Biden”. Newsweek. (November 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "Chinese President Biden appeals to improve relations with the United States"Jiji Press. (July 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden opposes China by strengthening alliance ... US leadership criticizes Trump's diplomacy as a" huge vacuum ""Yomiuri Shimbun. (August 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US, alliance united firmly against China, Mr. Biden, policy to change immigration policy". Tokyo Shimbun. (June 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "" With strategic competition and patience against China, "US spokesman". Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US spokesman refuted the" China and serious competitive relationship "... Xi Jinping's speech" only lead to division of the world. "". Yomiuri Shimbun(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "New US administration responds to China with" strategic patience "Careful to lift corporate regulations". Reuters(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Competition and Cooperation with China Iran Nuclear Agreement, Preparation for Return Talks-US Secretary of State”. Newsletter(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Negation of concessions to China, trade, etc. without" bargaining "for environmental cooperation-US Special Envoy Kelly". NHK(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “The new US administration has not compromised on China's global warming countermeasure cooperation due to other issues.”. NHK(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Preparing to cooperate with China on global warming countermeasures = US Secretary of State Antony Blinken”. Asahi Shimbun(July 2021, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US-China leaders first telephone talk President Biden expresses concern to China". NHK (Japanese). (November 2021, 2) Retrieved February 11, 2021.
- ^ “Unfair practices, concerns over Hong Kong control, first telephone talk with Chinese president-US President”. Newsletter(July 2021, 2) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Europe and the United States sanctions Uighur human rights issues China opposes Japan's response” (Japanese). NHK. (March 2021, 3) Retrieved March 24, 2021
- ^ “US sanctions against China for human rights violations in Uighurs, cooperation with Europe and Canada” (Japanese). Jiji Press. (March 2021, 3) Retrieved March 23, 2021
- ^ "US Biden Administration Announces Sanctions to Chinese Supercomputer Development Companies" (Japanese). NHK. (March 2021, 4) Retrieved March 9, 2021
- ^ "China" Resolutely Opposes "Japan-US Joint Statement to Increase Pressure on Japan" (Japanese). Jiji Press. (March 2021, 4) Retrieved March 17, 2021
- ^ “US-China, cooperation agreement on climate change cooperation to implement Paris Agreement”. Nihon Keizai Shimbun(July 2021, 4) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Xi Jinping is why attended the climate change summit in the US sponsored by?". Newsweek(July 2021, 4) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden decides to win against China"Reuters (Japanese). (March 2021, 4) Retrieved March 29, 2021.
- ^ “President Byden“ Shows a strict stance ”What is the reaction of G7 countries to China?”. NHK. (March 2021, 6) Retrieved March 14, 2021
- ^ “Leading the World Economy Against China by Increasing US Procurement-Mr. Biden”Jiji Press (Japanese). (October 2021, 7) Retrieved February 29, 2021.
- ^ "The" China Communication Equipment Exclusion Law "is enacted in the United States, signed by President Biden". zakzak (Japanese). (November 2021, 11) Retrieved November 12, 2021.
- ^ "U.S.-China Leaders" Responsible Competition Management "Discussion Exchange in Taiwan, etc."Sankei Shimbun (Japanese). (November 2021, 11) Retrieved November 16, 2021.
- ^ a b c d e Kotaro Furukawa, Takeshi Kuninaga, Nobuyuki Tanaka (November 2020, 11)."Mr. Biden will take the lead in" international cooperation "?Nishinippon Shimbun (Japanese). Retrieved February 2021, 2.
- ^ a b "Mr. Biden criticizes North Korea for" justification "Mr. Trump emphasizes war avoidance-US presidential election"Jiji Press (Japanese). (October 2020, 10) Retrieved February 26, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden, even if he is right, there is no change in the front line of Okinawa's reality."Asahi Shimbun (Japanese). (November 2020, 11) Retrieved February 8, 2021.
- ^ "US to appoint a practitioner as a trade representative Mr. Thai of Chinese descent, is it a wait-and-see for Japan?". Tokyo Shimbun (Japanese). (December 2020, 12) Retrieved February 10, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden pressures trade representatives on Chinese intellectual property and subsidies"Nihon Keizai Shimbun (Japanese). (December 2020, 12) Retrieved February 10, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden, Trade Policy" Collaboration with Democrats "against China". NHK (Japanese). (November 2020, 11) Retrieved February 17, 2021.
- ^ “First telephone talk after the inauguration of Prime Minister Suga, President Biden agreed to strengthen the Japan-US alliance”. NHK (Japanese). (November 2021, 1) Retrieved February 28, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden, Tokyo Olympics" Japanese Prime Minister is working hard "... but the event is" judged based on science ". Yomiuri Shimbun. (March 2021, 2) Retrieved December 8, 2021.
- ^ “Prime Minister Suga will visit the United States in the first half of April to meet with President Biden at the Japan-US summit meeting”. NHK. (January 2021, 3) Retrieved January 12, 2021.
- ^ "[Detailed Report] US-Japan Summit Joint Press Conference President Biden's Remarks". NHK. (January 2021, 4) Retrieved January 17, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden" Japan-US cooperation is important ", Prime Minister" confirm strong ties ""Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (November 2021, 4) Retrieved December 17, 2021.
- ^ “Japan-US Summit Meeting” Prime Minister Suga “Confirming the Importance of Peace and Stability in the Taiwan Strait”. NHK. (January 2021, 4) Retrieved January 17, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden, Prime Minister Suga's" Thanks for Leadership ""Sankei Shimbun. (August 2021, 9) Retrieved April 3, 2021.
- ^ “Yoshi and Joe, 10 minutes after the final meeting, US President“ Advice after retirement ””Asahi Shimbun. (January 2021, 9) Retrieved January 25, 2021.
- ^ "Prime Minister Kishida's first telephone talk with US President Joe Biden" an important step ""Sankei Shimbun. (August 2021, 10) Retrieved April 5, 2021.
- ^ "Prime Minister Kishida meets Biden for the first time this year"Jiji Press. (January 2021, 11) Retrieved February 3, 2021.
- ^ “Taiwan“ Thanks ”to US President Joe Biden for expressing concern with China”Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (November 2021, 2) Retrieved December 11, 2021.
- ^ "US White House Press Secretary" Continue to support Taiwan's ability to maintain self-defense "". NHK. (January 2021, 3) Retrieved January 9, 2021.
- ^ "Is it realistic to deal with" Taiwan contingency "? Is it supposed to be a" significant impact situation "of the Security Law?Jiji Press. (March 2021, 3) Retrieved March 29, 2021.
- ^ “Memorandum of Understanding for Strengthening Cooperation between Taiwan, the United States and the Coast Guard First in the Biden Administration”Focus Taiwan. (March 2021, 3) Retrieved March 26, 2021.
- ^ “US Department of State lifts ban on working-level meetings with Taiwan“ important partner ””Mainichi Shimbun. (November 2021, 4) Retrieved December 10, 2021.
- ^ "US President Biden sends an informal delegation to Taiwan". CNN. (December 2021, 4) Retrieved December 14, 2021.
- ^ "Thanks and evaluations for the US-Japan statement" Peace in the strait "Focus on the world" -Taiwan "Jiji Press. (January 2021, 4) Retrieved February 17, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden, Taiwan defense is" obligation "US government is forced to explain". CNN. (July 2021, 10) Retrieved November 23, 2021
- ^ a b “Post-Trump scenery Mr. Biden is surely relieved in South Korea for the time being.Mainichi Shimbun. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved December 20, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden is" close to South Korea "?The media emphasizes contact points, and the north has a history of cursing. "Sankei Shimbun. (August 2020, 11) Retrieved April 8, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden promises to strengthen alliance with South Korea, not threatening to shrink US troops"Reuters. (November 2020, 10) Retrieved December 30, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden wins South Korea wary of" arbitration "with Japan". West Capital Newspaper. (November 2020, 11) Retrieved February 10, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Moon talks with Mr. Biden for the first time" Korea-US upgrade ""Sankei Shimbun. (August 2021, 2) Retrieved April 4, 2021.
- ^ "Prompt Mr. Moon Jae-in to improve relations with Japan ... Mr. Biden gives a view of" I do not want a conflict between Japan and South Korea "in a telephone conversation.". Yomiuri Shimbun. (March 2021, 2) Retrieved December 5, 2021.
- ^ "US-Korea leaders cooperate in the Taiwan Strait aiming for denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula"Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (November 2021, 5) Retrieved December 22, 2021.
- ^ "US to provide vaccine to XNUMX South Korean troops Mr. Biden announces after summit meeting". CNN. (December 2021, 5) Retrieved December 22, 2021.
- ^ "No mask, handshakes, all vaccinated US-Korea summit talks that are completely different from the Japan-US" strict warning "meetings". Tokyo Shimbun. (February 2021, 5) Retrieved February 22, 2021.
- ^ “Aiming at the next US administration, contact begins US-North Korea dialogue, concerns about retreat-South Korea”Jiji Press. (July 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden wins US presidential election, who is not celebrating?". BBC. (December 2020, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "North Korea accuses Mr. Biden of being a" fool "and" a foolish idiot "?". AFP. (October 2019, 5) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "President Trump re-tuned to North Korea's" low intelligence ""TV Asahi. (March 2019, 5) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Trump agrees with North Korea's criticism of Mr. Biden on the international stage"Reuters. (June 2019, 5) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Biden camp criticizes Mr. Trump's slander as" not suitable for job dignity "". BBC. (December 2019, 5) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b "North Korea criticizes Mr. Biden as a" mad dog with terminal illness ""Reuters. (June 2019, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Don't stimulate Mr. Biden" North is an unusual decree, "anxiety" and "expectation" for the next US administration "Yomiuri Shimbun. (August 2019, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "" Brazil "Bolsonaro finally approved by Biden = boosted by Putin's blessing = second slowest in the world, Kim Jong Un remains". Nikkei newspaper(July 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Biden, short-range ammunition is also a" violation "against North Korea, a line with the previous administration"Nihon Keizai Shimbun. (November 2021, 3) Retrieved December 26, 2021.
- ^ "North Korea warns Mr. Biden's speech criticism" in a serious situation ""Asahi Shimbun. (January 2021, 5) Retrieved January 2, 2021.
- ^ "Australia to build eight nuclear submarines with new security cooperation with the United States and the United Kingdom"Reuters. (September 2021, 9) Retrieved November 16, 2021
- ^ "Mr. Biden warns Myanmar of sanctions" attack on democracy ""Asahi Shimbun. (January 2021, 2) Retrieved January 2, 2021.
- ^ “Myanmar Coup in a New Fire of US-China Conflict”. Tokyo Shimbun. (February 2021, 2) Retrieved February 7, 2021.
- ^ "US President Joe Biden announces sanctions to Myanmar military executives". NHK. (January 2021, 2) Retrieved January 11, 2021.
- ^ “U.S. sanctions on Myanmar military executives for further economic concern”. NHK. (January 2021, 2) Retrieved January 17, 2021.
- ^ “Additional sanctions on export restrictions on US and Myanmar“ Responsible for perpetrators ””. NHK. (January 2021, 3) Retrieved January 5, 2021.
- ^ "Myanmar's crackdown on Mr. Biden is" out of the ordinary ""Asahi Shimbun. (January 2021, 3) Retrieved January 29, 2021.
- ^ “Immediate suspension of trade and investment arrangements with the US and Myanmar”Sankei Shimbun. (August 2021, 3) Retrieved April 29, 2021.
- ^ "Mr. Biden announces $ XNUMX million support to ASEAN"Sankei Shimbun. (May 2021, 10) Retrieved May 26, 2021
- ^ ABC News (This article is also posted on English Wikipedia as a reference article at that location.) (English)
- ^ 2008 with a focus on steroidsdocumentaryProducer of "Bigger, Stronger, Faster".
- ^ "US Democratic Party Mr. Biden supports public support for abortion, turning from opposition"Reuters. (June 2019, 6) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “America's Dividing Issue: Abortion”. NHK. (October 2019, 11) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Texas, USA, enforcement of artificial abortion ban law, criticized by President Biden as" unconstitutional ""Jiji Press. (January 2021, 9) Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- ^ U.S. Impeachment Charge Investigation Eliminate Confusion and Fulfill External Responsibility November Sankei ShimbunClaim. Retrieved October 2019, 10.Archive
- ^ a b The impeachment charge for Mr. Trump can be seen from Whistleblower 1 November Asahi Shimbun.. Retrieved January 2019, 12.
- ^ a b Former US Vice President Joe Biden denies "inappropriate contact" with women Kissing the back of the head BBC, April 2019, 4
- ^ U.S. presidential election A former female lawmaker accuses Mr. Biden of persistent popularity for improper conduct
- ^ "Mr. Biden's" improper contact ", second woman accused". CNN.co.jp. (August 2019, 4) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US Democratic Party Biden explains sexual harassment issue" more consideration "for personal space". AFPBB News. (February 2019, 4) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “7 Women Have Now Said Joe Biden's Touches Made Them Uncomfortable”. HuffPost.com. (April 2019, 4) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Compilation of Joe Biden being Creepy”. Gabbee (YouTube). (January 2015, 1) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Watch Joe Biden give an endless hug to Hillary Clinton”. CNN (YouTube). (August 2016, 8) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Connecticut woman says then-Vice President Joe Biden touched her inappropriately at a Greenwich fundraiser in 2009, By NEIL VIGDOR, APR 01, 2019 AT 5:23 PM
- ^ "Biden accused of sexual assault, denying himself, affecting presidential election”. Asahi Shimbun (September 2020, 5). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Mr. Trump accuses a woman of sexual assault from the Republican Party”. AFP (July 2018, 10). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Sexual harassment suspicion Mr. Biden“ More consideration ”Posted video on Twitter” (Japanese). Wall Street Journal(July 2019, 4) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Interview with New York radio station WBAI's show "The Katie Halper Show", The Katie Halper Show,Halper, Katie (March 2020, 3). “Biden accuser: "I wanted to be a senator; I didn't want to sleep with one" (audio)". Katie Halper podcast. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ What 74 Former Biden Staffers Think About Tara Reade's Allegations --PBS NewsHour --Daniel Bush --May 15, 2020
- ^ (September 2020, 3). “Tara Reade discusses Biden allegation with Hill.TV's Rising”. The Hill NovemberBrowse.
- ^ a b c Biden's sexual assault whistleblower demands "withdrawal from presidential election", BBC, May 2020, 5, (Tara Reade: Biden sex attack accuser urges him to quit race)
- ^ Statement by Vice President Joe Biden
- ^ "Democrat Biden denies allegations of sexual assault”. Sankei Shimbun (June 2020, 5). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Honorary Degree Recipients”. (2008). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Honorary Degree Recipients”.. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Senator Biden becomes Vice President-elect”. (June 2008, 11). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Senator Biden to Address 123rd Commencement Rites On May 19”. (March 2003). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Honorary Degrees". Delaware State University Archives and Special Collections (September 2018, 5). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Honorary Degree Citation for Joseph R. Biden Jr.”. (June 2004, 5). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Commencements”. Boston Globe(July 2005, 5) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "SU Archives: Awards and Honors—Recipient of Honorary Degrees". Archives. . NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Honorary Degrees". Commencement News Archive. . NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Documents & Publications". Penns University Archives and Records Center. University of Pennsylvania. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Riley, Patrick (May 2014, 5). “Vice President Joe Biden hails need for immigration reform at Miami Dade College graduation”. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Sexton, Megan (April 2014, 4). “Vice President Joe Biden to deliver UofSCstartment address”.. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "US Vice President Joe Biden Receives Honorary Doctorate from Trinity College”.. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Joe Biden to speak at Colby College commencement". (September 2017, 4). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Lucas, Tramon (April 2017, 4). “Former Vice President Joe Biden Is MSU's Spring 2017 Commencement Speaker". The Spokesman. Morgan State University. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Kates, William (May 2009, 5). “Biden tells Syracuse University graduates they have special opportunity to help shape history”. Newsday NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Five SU alumni to be honored with Arents Awards”. (June 2005, 5). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ “Biden Honored for Making a Difference for Working Families” (Press Release),, (September 2008, 8) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Haider, Zeeshan (October 2008, 10). “Pakistan gives awards to Biden, Lugar for support”. Reuters NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Hero's welcome for Biden in Kosovo". Sina Corp (September 2009, 5). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Hall of Fame”.. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Hall of Excellence”.. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Biden, Boehner receive high Catholic honor". NewBostonPost (September 2016, 5). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Joe Biden and John Boehner: Our Faith Inspires Political Compromise". Time. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Louth County Council Bestows Freedom of County Louth on The US Vice President Joe Biden”. Louth County Council. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ ""Presidential Medal of Freedom" to Mr. Obama and Mr. Biden who tears surprised”. BBC. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Bothum, Peter (December 2018, 12). “UD establishes Joseph R. Biden, Jr. School of Public Policy and Administration". U Daily. University of Delaware. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Biden and Harris in the US Time Magazine" People of the Year "Entertainment Division is BTS"Sankei Shimbun. (July 2020, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 7, 1972”. Clerk of the United States House of Representatives. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ Clerk of the United States House of Representatives (1990). “Statistics of the Presidential and Congressional Election of November 6, 1990”. US Government Printing Office. NovemberBrowse.
- ^ http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/electionInfo/1996/96Stat.htm
- ^ http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/electionInfo/2002/2002Stat.htm
- ^ http://clerk.house.gov/member_info/electionInfo/2008/2008Stat.htm#stateDE
- ^ "2020 presidential election results" (English). www.cnn.com. NovemberBrowse.
- Makoto Saito,Jun Furuya"American Political Diplomacy History Second Edition"University of Tokyo Press, 2012.ISBN 978-4130322188 .
- Gadsen, Brett (October 8, 2012). Between North and South: Delaware, Desegregation, and the Myth of American Sectionalism. University of Pennsylvania Press. ISBN 978-0-8122-0797-2
- Moritz, Charles, ed (1987). Current Biography Yearbook 1987. New York:
- Cohen, Richard E. (2008). The Almanac of American Politics. Washington. ISBN 978-0-89234-116-0
- Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website
- Joe Biden - Facebook
- Joe Biden (@joebiden)- Twitter(English)
- President Biden (@POTUS)- Twitter
- The Obama White House - YouTube
| President of the United States|
46st generation:2021 May 1 -
| Vice President of the United States|
47st generation:2009 May 1 - 2017 May 1
|United States Senate|
|Predecessor:|| Delaware Senator (Part 2)|
1973 May 1 - 2009 May 1
September 1981 – September 1
Leading member of the minority party
September 1985 – September 1
|Senate Judiciary Committee Chair|
September 1987 – September 1
|Senate International Narcotics Control Committee|
Leading member of the minority party
September 1987 – September 1
|Senate Judiciary Committee|
Leading member of the minority party
September 1995 – September 1
|Senate International Narcotics Control Committee|
Leading member of the minority party
September 1995 – September 1
|Senate Foreign Relations Committee|
Leading member of the minority party
January 1997-January 1
|Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman|
September 2001 – September 1
|Senate International Drug Control Committee Chair|
September 2001 – September 1
|Senate Foreign Relations Committee|
Leading member of the minority party
September 2003 – September 1
|Senate International Narcotics Control Committee|
Leading member of the minority party
September 2003 – September 1
|Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman|
September 2007 – September 1
|Senate International Drug Control Committee Chair|
September 2007 – September 1
September 1973 – September 1
|Democratic PartyVice Presidential Candidate|
|Democratic PartyPresidential candidate|