[Today's book of the week] What does it mean to be an adult?One week starting from Coming-of-Age Day
If you write the contents roughly
The timing itself that comes when you try to eat cup noodles, yakisoba, edamame, etc.
Somehow an interesting situation.
[Today's book of the week] What does it mean to be an adult?One week starting from Coming-of-Age Day Picture books, books, reading 1 ... → Continue reading
Picture book navigation style
"Picture Book Navi Style" is a medium that connects picture books with child-rearing and lifestyles.
To help moms and dads who are raising children with no worries have more fun every day, we use the high expertise that we have introduced picture books as a picture book information site for about 15 years, and deliver information useful for choosing picture books and parenting To do. We will update a few articles every day.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Cup Noodle(Cup noodles) means dry noodles or raw noodlesEtc.Instant noodlesContainers that can be used as tableware (CupA heat-resistant and water-resistant container, etc.)Brightness (ingredients)Is attached.JapanBorn in Japan, consumption is spreading all over the world.
The official name is “Improvised Cup Noodle”.. The contents areInstant noodleStuffCup Noodles,Japanese buckwheat noodles,UdonStuffCup soba,Cup udon,Fried noodlesWind thingsCup fried noodles(Instant yakisoba)Also say.
Most products are cookedHot waterSimply pour in (some products using raw noodles may require hot water removal). The cup of this product iskitchenwareAt the same timeTableware(It also plays the role of a package at the time of display). There are also many types that heat and cook in a microwave oven.
Noodle foods that are made into cups include a wide variety of noodles such as oriental wheat noodles such as ramen noodles and udon noodles, pasta (western wheat noodles), rice noodles such as rice noodles and pho. That isfreeze dryIf processed, any noodle can be made into cup noodlesIs. It is now possible to obtain cup versions of foreign noodle foods even in Japan.
Also, due to the dietary habits of the Western folk culture, some of the overseas market products have shorter noodle lengths than domestic products, due to the history of the origin of the main meal described below.
Ando Baifu 1971(Showa46 years)9/18Released inCup NoodlesIs the first product (excluding pre-trial sales)). Nowadays it is also eaten as a staple food, but initiallySnackHas been developed with a view to popularization asWesternWhen I went to sell instant ramen, there was no bowl for ramen, so I put it in a paper cup.Chicken RamenThe idea was to cut in, pour hot water and sample with a fork.
It is a remnant that cup noodles have a smaller noodle capacity (noodle weight 90-100g) than regular bag noodles (about 60-70g).1980 eraUntil the latter half, other manufacturers were following this,1988(Showa 63)Ace cockStarted selling the "Super Cup" series, which declared the "Large size" with a noodle capacity of 90g, which is equivalent to bag noodles, and after this became a big hit, each company followed suit.Staple foodLarge-capacity size products (generally noodle weight of 80 g or more) will also play a part in the mainstream of cup noodles. Later, we decided to manufacture "large size" for cup noodles. On the other hand, for L-layers (female customers and young people), Tokyo Ramen Co., Ltd. also sells individually wrapped noodles and mini cup noodles, which are about half the size of regular products (approximately 30 g of noodles).
1972 OfAsama Sanso IncidentAt the time ofriot policeOn the TV, a worker is eating cup noodles given as emergency food in the coldLive broadcastSince it was broadcasted frequently in Japan, cup noodles became known and spread throughout Japan..
In the European and American markets,chopsticksBecause the culture of “Cup noodles” was not permeated, the folding typeforkThe product accompanied by was also present in Japan. There are still foreign market products with forks similar to this attached. In addition, because of this, there was a time when the cup noodles were sold with a plastic fork attached instead of the disposable chopsticks when they were purchased.
The container is usuallyStyrofoamOrpaperIs used. Styrofoam is used because it has good heat retention and heat insulation properties and is not hot when held. In the case of a paper container, the outside of the container is made into a cardboard shape to overcome this point. A typical one isSapporo Ichiban Cup star'Is. Recent ones have a stepless container simply by making the cup a double structure. In recent years, there are some papers such as Styrofoam that have a space in the paper (exist in the Nisshin Cup Noodle series). Styrofoam can make a variety of shapes compared to paper containers, all of which were initially Styrofoam, but Nissin FoodsPatentBecause of the application for, the generic manufacturer mainly made paper containers. AlsoTokushima millingSome products, such as "Kane-chan ramen", use multi-layered non-foamed styrene case cups even for domestic products. Among foreign products, there are single-layer styrene cup products.
The main body container is usually discarded, but it may be reused, for example, "eating chicken ramen in a cup noodle container" (However, it is a structure that cannot be used for a long time, so it is easy to use. stay).
Usually, the seal is often sealed on the top surface with paper or the like, and this part is finally removed from the main container after eating. This is not limited to the case where the lid is also made of plastic and the lid is also made of plastic. In this case, the main body container can be reused together with the lid. By using this, it is possible to reuse the entire container for another food item, or for simple storage of non-food items..
The sealing film for sealing the cup noodle body is inevitably penetrated by the transport gear (sprocket) of the transport machine due to its manufacturing process, and regular small holes may be recognized in some cases. In some cases, the paper seals may have such marks. Some Nissin food products have a sealing sticker attached to the bottom of the sealing film for cooking, and this sticker also serves as an opening aid when removing the sealing film.
- Topics about Styrofoam containers
- 1998Ministry of the Environment (currentlyMinistry of the Environment) Submitted by the SPEED '98 list (“Environment Agency's response policy to the problem of endocrine disrupting chemicals”), by pouring high-temperature hot water from a polystyrene foam containerEnvironmental hormones(Styrene dimer, styrene trimmer) was eluted, and it was criticized by the mass media that taking it with soup and noodles would have an effect on the human body, and each manufacturer urgently switched to a paper container, which became a big problem. It was.
- The theory was later re-examined by the cup noodle industry and2000OldMITI・The former Environment Agency announced that "no evidence of endocrine disrupting effects can be found" and "most reports denial of effects"2006The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Health and Safety announced that animal experiments have confirmed its effects on living organisms. On the other hand, it was argued that the result was under the condition of ingesting 10 times or more of the usual amount, and it is unknown how much the actual effect on the human body is.
- Styrofoam (polystyreneAs mentioned above, suspicion of substances related to endocrine disruptors was cleared in November 2000, and is excluded from the list. But,2004Of the health food that was popular at the timePerilla oil(Sesame oil) Became a topic as melting this styrene cup,National Life CenterIn a survey conducted by the company, this perilla oil was put in a cup and a certain amount of dissolution was observed when pouring hot water of 100 degrees, so it calls attention to consumers..
- 2008AlsoJapan Instant Food Industry AssociationNot only mustard oil and sesame oilFlaxseed oil,Coconut oilIt is said that (coconut oil) may melt when placed in a cup noodle in a styrene container..
Most products are boiled in water and cooked in 3-5 minutes (various widths of about 1-5 minutes). In the first half of the 1980s, companies released dry noodle type products with a cooking time of 1 minute, but the noodles grow before they finish eatingDue to problems such as the above, it is not well received by consumers, and most of them have a short lifespan, and only some types of yakisoba survive... In the case of yakisoba type that does not use soup, it is necessary to remove the hot water. There are also products such as raw type noodles that are boiled and then poured again. However, the one using raw type noodles tends to have a slightly shorter cooking time... As a special cooking method, the so-called'katayaki soba' series fried noodles do not cook noodles in hot water but cook bean paste in hot water and add fried noodles to this. There are very few cup noodles with such a cooking method.
The attached soup and ingredientsFreeze dry manufacturing methodThe ones that are dried with are the mainstream, but for products in the relatively middle and high price rangeInstant noodles in a bagAs with, there are also soups and ingredients attached. For these products, there are various differences such as taking out the bag, placing it on the noodles, and then pouring hot water into it.Therefore, it is recommended to read the instructions written on the package before pouring hot water. Recommended.. InsideRetort foodThere is also a product that comes with the ingredients, and recommends heating the ingredients with hot water or another pan. The cup noodles20096/30Previously released productsJAS standardIt was classified by "standard" and "advanced" by. 6% or more based on the weight of noodles is the standard, 15% or higher is the advanced type, and in the case of cup yakisoba or spaghetti, 4% or more is the standard type and 10% or more is the advanced type. But 20097/1These classifications have been abolished (discontinued) for the cup noodles that will be released from then on..
Although few in Japan,microwaveCooking-only products (NISSIN FOODS “UFO"・DonbuProducts such as "NEXT GENERATION" series) or hot water cooking/microwave cooking ("Cup Noodle My Range TimeThere are also products that can be cooked in a microwave oven, such as the <old Cup Noodle Range Style> series)2000 eraExists after.. Others are stated on the package as not microwaveable.米 国There are many items sold outside Japan such as "microwavable" (microwave cooking possible).
Air mail OfIn-flight mealMade for (Japan Airlinesof"Udon"All Nippon Airwaysof"Very special udon, Etc.)(I.e.LowairplaneIt is made with a special method that allows the noodles to return even with the low temperature hot water boiled inside. These low-pressure cookable products can be used as alpine food and emergency food even during mountain climbing.
There are various methods for measuring the cooking time, and even with application software such as mobile phones and smartphones, there is a category called a ramen timer (cup noodle timer). The lid of most cup noodles is difficult to reseal once it is peeled off from paper, and it usually requires auxiliary encapsulation with another object (book etc.) during cooking. For this reason, mascot items for auxiliary sealing of cup noodles are sold, and some also serve as timers for measuring cooking time. There are also items that incorporate the motif of real cup noodles, such as "Telecoma Warrior Donburi Man". Nissin Foods is a modified robot item with a cup noodle motif for this purpose ``Cup noodle robo timerIs planned and manufactured in line with the 40th anniversary of the release of Cup Noodle and distributed as a gift product.
Some products sold all over Japan have different seasonings for each region, such as eastern Japan and western Japan (“Donbei” and “Donbei”).Red fox and green raccoon"etc). There are also products that are available only in regions. Aomori Prefecture is the largest purchaser of cup noodles..
2000From before and after in cup ramenconvenience storeA strong regional color centered on "Local ramen"And" Aoba "reproduce the taste of famous stores and incorporate similar "", A high-quality, high-priced product group that was classified as 180 yen or more at that time was activated.
market shareHas appeared in the early stages such as "Cup Noodle" and "Red Fox" which are the main brands of each company.National brand (NB) productsHas been dominated by2008In addition, cup noodles halved to -52% from the previous price increase due to the rise in selling prices of major manufacturers' products due to soaring raw material costs.. As a result, major companies operating at low pricesSuper chainOwn companyPrivate brand (PB) products,Manufacturers OfOpen price (OP) productsThe number of products has increased sharply and sales have increased significantly.2009Is an NB product with quality improvement and aggressiveSales promotionAs a result, the flow of demand for PB and OP products settled down overall, and in the latter half, there was a tendency to return to NB products..2010Has continued to return to NB products in the first half of the year, and the main brands of each company have been appealing for value, so they have met strong demand..
Commercialization isspaghetti,Fried noodles,Ramen,Udon,Soba,Somen Noodles,KishimenEtc. Noodles in general. This product groupmarketing researchNISSIN FOODS has released once in the past but failed commercially,Black historyWas re-released in 2017.
Cup ramen is also produced and sold outside Japan. The main production and consumption areas areEast AsiaRegion, but North American continent (especiallyメキシコ) ButHispanicPopular among ancestors. Japanese manufacturers are also producing locally. As mentioned above, general noodles in the area are often made into cup foods.
In June 2008,Nissin FoodMade of "cup noodles" "CO/OP noodles" of the groupAkeboshi foodFrom "CO/OP Cup Ramen"Insect repellentIngredientParadichlorobenzeneWas detected, and the consumer who ate "Cup noodles" caused health problems. NISSIN FOODPolicemen,Health centerAs a result of the investigation, it was concluded that there was no paradichlorobenzene in factories, etc... Since then, it has been noted that it should not be stored together with insect repellents.
Also, as mentioned above, the physical strength of the cups is relatively low, and most of the cup noodles have a statement that they are easily damaged, and the handling of cartons for transport packaging is clearly broken. ..
Electricity, gas, water,life lineIt is often difficult to obtain hot water in an emergency that affects people, but according to the Disaster Countermeasures Division, Security Department, Metropolitan Police Department, you can eat water even if you wait for 15 minutes... In addition, using fire immediately after a disaster has a high risk of causing a fire accident due to a gas leak, and it is often difficult to use fire in a group evacuation life, which makes cooking difficult in some cases.1989ToNissin FoodMore, cup noodles that can be cooked simply by pouring water with a heating elementSuper voileWas tested and sold.
At least, cooking is easier than instant noodles, but the water, fuel, and simpleFurnaceOther provisions such as (cassette gas stove) are required.
NISSIN FOODS always stocks 100 million servings of cup noodles as running stock in its own factory and distribution warehouse for emergency disasters, and is provided at any time in the event of a major disaster in the past.
Most of the cup noodlescarbohydrateIs the main componentsalt,fatIt contains a lot of ingredients (especially soup has high salt and high oil content),vitamin,fiberquality,mineralSince it contains only a small amount, etc.NutritionIs said to be a biased food.Currently[When?]Vitamin B1, vitamin B2, calcium, etc. are added to compensate for the lack of nutritional value..
National Research and Development AgencyInstitute for medical infrastructure, health and nutritionSaid that the number one food source of Japanese salt intake was cup noodles and the second was instant noodles in bags. The institute said, "It is clear that excessive salt intake is associated with an increase in blood pressure, so be careful."
Ministry of Health, Labor and WelfareBased on the 2012 National Health and Nutrition Survey data, a ranking of foods that are sources of salt intake was created, and 1 g of salt per day was assumed assuming that the soup was drunk from the first cup noodle. Was taking. 5.5nd place was instant noodles 2g, 5.4rd place was umeboshi 3g, 1.8th place was Takana pickles 1.2g, 1.2th place was cucumber pickles XNUMXg... It should be noted that these conditions are particularly difficult to suppress salt content and avoid excessive intake in cup noodle types that have been seasoned with soups from the beginning, and in soup-based soup-based baeyoung sauce and kisoba types that are seasoned from the beginning.However, with the Kitsune Donbei type instant noodles with powdered soup as an attachment and the normal bag noodle type instant noodles, it is possible to suppress salt content and avoid excessive intake by reducing the amount of powdered soup used. Is.
Major Japanese cup noodle makers and famous brands
Only items that cannot be directly derived from the company name are listed.
- Sanyo food(Sapporo No. XNUMX brand.TokyoMinato-ku）
- Toyo Suisan(Maruchan brand, Minato-ku, Tokyo)
- Nissin Food(Nissin Foods HoldingsUnder the umbrellaOsakaOsakaYodogawa Ward）
- Ace cock(Sanyo food system. Osaka PrefectureSuita City）
- Akeboshi food(Affiliated with Nissin Foods Holdings. TokyoShibuya Ward）
- Maruka food(Peyoung brand.GunmaIsesaki City）
- Yamadai(New Touch brand.IbarakiYuki-gunYachiyo Town）
- Table mark(Japan Tobacco Industry (JT Group)Under the umbrella Former company name: Katokichi. TokyoChuo-ku）
- Tokushima milling(Kinchan brand.TokushimaTokushima）
- Marutai(Sanyo food system.FukuokaFukuoka CityNishi-ward）
- Sunpao food(SagaSanyo-gunKiyama）
- Noodles(Ibaraki PrefectureMito）
- Daikoku Food Industry(My friend brand, AKAGI brand. Gunma prefectureSawa-gunTamamura Town）
- Snack company(Baby star brand. Butamen series.MieTsu City）
- Tokyo ramen(Shin-chan ramen brand.TochigiAshikaga）
- Longevity and food(AichiToyoake City）
- Yamamoto milling(Aichi prefectureToyokawa）
- Itomen(HyogoTatsuno City）
- Itsuki food(KumamotoKumamoto-shi）
- Tokachi noodle workshop(Former company name: Tokachi Niitsu noodles.HokkaidoNakagawa-gunIkeda) Closed business
- Yokoyama Noodle Factory(Hachichan brand. Okayama prefecture)-Business suspension. I used freeze-dried noodles.
- ^ a b (PDF)
- ^ This is true not only for cup noodles but for all instant noodles in general.
- ^ About the trial sale, it was introduced on a radio program, and Akeboshi tried and sold Meisei Fork fried noodles before the release of Cup Noodles, but at the time of sale it was not resistant to the cup and it was not for general sale. Radio theory "Hikari Ijuin/Sunday Secret BaseAccording to the survey, "the world's first cup ramen is cup noodles." There are patent lawsuits in this regard, however, the plaintiffs of the parties involvedAkeboshi foodIs the defendantNissin FoodAt the time of becoming a consolidated subsidiary, the patent disputes have been withdrawn along with the disappearance of the profits of the complaint (see the articles of both companies respectively).
- ^ "NISSIN HISTORY”(Jp). NISSIN FOODS Group. 2020/3/24Browse.
- ^ Sanyo Food "Sapporo Ichiban Cup Star"
- ^ a b Under normal circumstances, the lid is often removed, and if the main body is made of styrene foam, it does not have long-term load resistance and is easily damaged. In addition, if it is paper-based, it will infiltrate from the connection, and the strength will decrease extremely from there (even if it retains some strength when dry, it becomes extremely brittle when wet). Furthermore, the permeated liquid content may leak. In some cases, there is a risk of thermal deformation due to external heating or internal heat generation that does not depend on cooking, or due to external load stress, etc., easily deforming or damaging either the main body or the lid, resulting in sealing. May not be possible. This is the reason why, unlike bottles that are screwed, it is only temporarily stored or simply stored.
- ^ Possibility of hot water leakage when adding perilla oil or perilla oil to a polystyrene foam container - Ministry of Agriculture[Broken link]
Possibility of hot water leakage when adding perilla oil or perilla oil to a polystyrene foam container -Japan Instant Food Industry Association 20042/25
Possibility of hot water leakage when adding perilla oil or perilla oil to a polystyrene foam container -Styrofoam sheet industry association Polystyrene paper molding industry association Food container molding conference 20043/3
- ^ News｜Instant Ramen Navi_Japan Instant Food Industry Association (October 2008)
- ^ On the contrary, the Kyushu ramen line that requires boiling for 1 minute or less (Hakata Ramen,Nagahama RamenEtc), noodles will grow before eating after 1 minute or more.
- ^ However, the Kyushu-based ramen products that sell items such as Balikata and springfish also exist for the reasons described above.
- ^ In addition to reheating the noodles, it takes time to prepare and cook the juice separately, and as a result, the total cooking time tends to be longer than that of the dry type.
- ^ In some cases, these pouches may be buried and hidden under the noodles due to vibration during transportation, etc., so there is a note in the description of how to make them so that you always check the number of attached pouches.
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ The first e-noodle series to be sold in Japan as cup noodles for microwave oven cooking is said to be the Nissin Foods "e-noodle" series (three types of sauce yakisoba, yaki pork soy sauce ramen, soy sauce tonkotsu ramen) (Nissin How about "e-noodle"? IT revolution of cup noodles - All About 20013/1).
- ^ What is the number of cup noodles purchased and the key in Japan?
- ^ Taro Nitta Postwar Japan “Monozukuri” fashion history #8 Instant Ramen: “National food” born after World War II (Nippon style)
[Japanese Cultural History of Ideas] Instant Ramen (below) (Page 2/2) -MSN Sankei News 20105/9[Broken link]
- ^ October 2002, 10 <Information on new release of renewal> Adopted "Jet Yugiri" "Nissin Raoh Soy Sauce / Miso / Tonkotsu" -Nissin Foods News Release
- ^ a b “Price increase” cup catastrophe PB breakthrough, Nissin, Akeboshi etc. -J-CAST News September 2008, 6
- ^ "Sales reduction of price-increased foods Nikkei survey, preference for self-planned products with a saving intention"- Nihon Keizai Shimbun 20086/17Morning newspaper
- ^ a b Immediate noodle market regains NB reinforcement of both hardware and software Improving noodle quality through technological innovation -Yahoo! On Business ·Japan Food Newspaper 200910/14[Broken link]
- ^ a b Improving quality in instant noodle market Expanding new demand -Yahoo! On Business Japan Food Newspaper 20107/28[Broken link]
- ^ About the findings of the police, public health centers, etc. regarding the "transfer incense" case - Nissin Food 200811/20
- ^ @ The Metropolitan Police Department Security Department Disaster Countermeasures Section Verified account (28 August 2017). "I tried to make a cup of noodles with water, which I had thought to try once in the event of a disaster! Prepare cup noodles with seasoned noodles and pour water for 15 minutes. However, the soup also oozes out properly and the taste is nice (amazing)!" (Tweet). TwitterThan. In the Cite web template
|accessdate=Argument is required. (Description)
- ^ "Still beriberi". Women's Nutrition University (September 2013, 6). 2016/9/19Browse.
- ^ "Foods high in vitamin B1 and content list”. Easy! Nutrition and calorie calculation (operated by Nutrition Calculation Co., Ltd.) (2015). 2017/6/14Browse.[Source invalid]
- ^ "Let's take a look at the ingredient list of instant noodles". Japan Instant Food Industry Association (2017). 2017/6/14Browse.
- ^ Tokyo Shimbun May 2017, 5 Morning edition
- ^ However, if you don't drink the soup at the end and reuse it in some way, you can control the salt intake once even if the total amount of salt intake per day does not change.