This is a picture ...! ?? (Image provided by Mr. Shino)
Isn't it a lie that you can't eat this ...? The potato chips that the 19-year-old drew over 50 hours are too "painted rice cakes"
If you write the contents roughly
About half a year ago, Mr. Shino painted Calbee's potato chips with a light taste.
The famous saying "painted rice cake" is "useful ..." because no matter how well it is drawn, it cannot actually be eaten. → Continue reading
J town net
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Crisps (British: Potato Chips) IspotatoSliced and exposed to cold water for a short time, then hotEdible oilUntil it is lightly coloredDeep fried, Itsalt,SpicesSeasoned withSnacksThat.potato chips Also called.JapanIn some cases, it may be abbreviated as "potato" or "chips".
In British EnglishChips(English: chips) is in American EnglishFrench friesIt means (US: french fries).This is"Fish and chips"Chips" is not "Potato Chips" in JapanFrench friesIt is also the reason corresponding to.
Regarding the origin, the following George Crumb invention theory has been disseminated and adopted by industry groups, but many people disagree due to lack of evidence and the existence of dissent, and the history of Saratoga who investigated related persons The house concludes that it is a myth that combines restaurant jokes with real people.
One day, a clam guest (according to one theory, one of America's millionairesCornelius VanderbiltThat), But complained that the french fries were too thick and had them remade many times.Tired of crumbsforkI thought I'd make it into thin slices that couldn't be stabbed and fried crispy to annoy customers.However, Clam's attempt failed and the guest was very pleased..
This dish will soonSaratoga Chips It appeared on the restaurant menu under the name (Saratoga Chips), and soon after that this dishNew EnglandIt has become very common in rural areas.In this way, potato chips were originally served as part of the meal, such as as a side dish.The method at that time is called the kettle frying method.
In the 1900s, many potato chip manufacturers were born in the United States, and in grocery stores, etc.Barrel,bottleThe potato chips that came in were being sold by weight.This method of selling had the problem that the potato chips quickly became damp, but in the 1920s, fresh potato chips in sachets sealed with wax paper were sold.
In the 1950s, Tayto invented the technology for seasoning potato chips in the manufacturing process, and the world's first seasoned potato chips were sold..
General manufacturing method
Slice the potatoes with a slicer (slicer), soak them in cold water for about 10 minutes, and then quickly wipe off the water.Heat with hot frying oil andFox colorになったら油の中から出し、熱いうちに塩やその他の香辛料など調味料で味付けする。 60gポテトチップス1袋に中サイズ（1個約100g）のじゃがいもが2～3個、85gポテトチップス1袋には中サイズのじゃがいもが3～4個使われている.
Molded potato chips
When potatoes are stored at low temperature for a long time,glucoseSuch asReducing sugarAs the number of fried foods increases, the fried color often deteriorates, so a manufacturing method that does not depend on the preservation of raw materials has been sought.Eventually, a technology was invented that allowed potatoes to be dried into flakes for long-term storage, so potato chips that were fried by mixing seasonings with the dough using it were made.P & GDeveloped by the company1967Launched under the brand name "Pringles Newfangled Potato Chips" (the following year, "Pringles Newfangled Potato Chips"PringlesRenamed to ").
this isMolded potato chipsIt is called (fabricated potato chips), and since the shape after frying can be unified, there is an advantage that each piece can be packed in a row without any gaps.
in Japan1976ToYamazaki Nabisco(CurrentYamazaki Biscuit) Releases "Chip Star".. House Food Industry (currently) in 1978House food) Is "House Potato Chips", S & B Foods (commonly known asSb food(Same reading)) released "Snack Chip".In 1979, S & B released a bite-sized boxed "5⁄8 chip (Hachibun no Go chip)".
P & G claims that "Pringles" are not potato chips under English law due to tax rates (see details)Pringles # Legal struggle in EnglandSee).
Non-fried potato chips
Sliced potatoesovenIf you dry it and bake it, you can make potato chips that have a texture similar to that of fried potato chips but are significantly lower in calories.microwaveThere are appliances on the market in Japan that allow you to easily cook in the same way.Confectionery companies are also trying to reduce fats and oils, but it is difficult to commercialize non-oil potato chips due to the fact that they easily absorb moisture and have problems with texture and flavor.But,2010 eraIn Japan, non-fried potato chips that have the texture and taste of fried potato chips have appeared in Japan.High price but low calorie.
Flavor and development in Japan
in Japan,Pacific WarI returned to Japan after the endHawaii immigrantsHamada Otoshiro (born 1911))But,ShowaIt is said that it started with the establishment of American Potato Chips in the 20s.at firstTroopsAlthough it sold only to Japanese people, it was gradually accepted by Japanese people who had food shortages.This is derived from Hawaiian song and danceHulaIndian potato chips are still on sale by Socio Kobo (Tokyo).
1953,AppetizersFounded as a sales companyKoikeyaOne day, the founder of the company was impressed by the taste of potato chips fried by a clerk at a restaurant, and decided to manufacture and sell potato chips in-house.We conducted research and development in all aspects such as raw materials, production method, and seasoning, and as a result of trial and error, we developed "Nori salt" as a taste that matches potato chips.1962Released "Koike-ya Potato Chips"1967Succeeded in mass production of potato chips for the first time in Japan.
Modern Japanese potato chips with diversified food cultureconsommeFlavor,Soy saucetaste,Glue(EspeciallyBlue seaweed"Nori salt"),wasabi,Red pepperstaste,BonitoThere are so many variations on the market, such as taste.Especially energetic in the development of these unusual potato chipsYamayoshi ConfectioneryThere are dozens of flavors such as wasa beef, rich potage flavor, rich consomme flavor, rich noodle flavor, and mayo beef.1975FromCalbeeAnd major manufacturers such as Koike-ya are also making various efforts.Many original products by local companies.
Chips other than potatoes
There are chips that process vegetables and fruits other than potatoes in almost the same way.What is popular inside and outside Japan isbananaSliced, dried and fried banana chips.It is sliced relatively thick because it has a softer texture than potatoes.The bananas used for chipsStarchThere are many types, so the sweetness is low, but unlike potato chips, it is usually coated with sugar to add sweetness.
Other,Lotus root,Pumpkin,Apple, Outside of JapanTaro,Breadfruit,DorianThere are various vegetable and fruit chips.Materials low in starch (egcarrot,BurdockEtc.) because the crispy texture cannot be obtained by the usual drying method.freeze dryIt may be fried after being cooked.
- Couch potato
- Rice oil
- Acrylamide(Substances suspected to be carcinogenic when potatoes are treated at high temperature)
- Calbee - mainly"Calbee potato chips"Deploy as
- Koikeya - Mainly "Koikeya potato chips"Deploy as
- Yamayoshi Confectionery ――The main product isWasa beef..In addition, it is developed by individual brands
- House food - "Ozak"Deploy as
- Yamazaki Biscuit - "Chip Star"Expanded under brands such as
- Japan Kellogg/Morinaga Confectionery --Potato chips-style potato snacks"Pringles (Pringles)"Deployed as (Japan)
- Potato Chipspan- KanagawaYokosukaProducts sold at the bakery
- ^ Ministry of education"Japanese Food Standard Ingredient Table 2015 Edition (XNUMXth Edition)"
- ^ Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare"Japanese dietary intake standards (2015 version)"
- ^ Translated by Tatsutaro Hidaka, "Larousse French Cuisine Encyclopedia" Shibata Shoten
- ^ The Story of the Invention of the Potato Chip Is a MythJSTOR Daily May 2017, 5
- ^ Saratoga Potato Chip Stories: Traditions, Myths, and LegendsChips, Crums and Specks of Saratoga County History
- ^ "Potato Chips”(English). Snopes.com (February 2007, 2). 2016/10/16Browse.
- ^ The relationship between potato chips and Vanderbilt is talked about everywhere.
- ^ BBC h2g2 Potato Crisps --A History
- ^ Joe'Spud' Murphy: The Man Who Gave Potato Chips Flavor
- ^ Arihen ∞ World TV Tokyo Broadcast on January 2018, 1
- ^ "How many potatoes do you use for a bag of potato chips ... Frequently Asked Questions". Calbee. 2020/8/2Browse.
- ^ Chip star history --Yamazaki Biscuits
- ^ Why Calbee didn't stop developing "molded potato chips"ITmedhia Business October 2016, 10
- ^ News Release "Potato Chips Crisp Light Taste / Consomme Punch" --Calbee Co., Ltd.
- ^ "Non-fly series”. As of May 2016, 3オ リ ジ ナ ルMore archives.2014/8/16Browse. Koike-ya official website
- ^ a b About the Hula's brand Socio Studio
- ^ Koikeya Museum Koike-ya Co., Ltd.
- ^ [Anything Ranking] Adult potato chips do not stop"Nihon Keizai Shimbun] NIKKEI Plus 1 (October 2017, 10)
- ^ As an example,"Calbee, grilled potato butter flavored potato chips Ibaraki flavor 3rd"Nikkei" news site (February 2020, 2) Retrieved March 14, 2020.
- ^ Before December 2012, P & G Japan /MeijiWas the sole distributor in Japan.
- ^ Familiar with potato chip spans!Yokosuka Kurihama Wakafuji Bakery