Photo from Mr. Toguchi Ike Twitter / Via Twitter: @iketoguche
[Skill] When I used my smartphone for my homework, I became like a hot spring woman!
If you write the contents roughly
Google Translate had such a function ...
The ability to manipulate characters is a hot topic.Posted by Toguchi Ike (@iketoguche) on Twitter Goog… → Continue reading
BuzzFeed Japan publishes information on news, culture and entertainment in order to have a positive impact on society. We will also deliver unique videos and programs that you will want to share with your friends.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Google Translate(Google Translate)GoogleProvided bytranslation Web siteAnd text (up to 5000 characters) orWeb pageThe whole in another language翻 訳Service to do..It has language identification of sentences, real-time translation that immediately reflects the entered characters, and voice input function.A suitable English-Japanese translation can be made.
Google's translation engineUnited NationsConsists of about XNUMX billion words from the documents ofCorpusThe original text and the translated text by the UN translator are mutually searched using, and the type is extracted and translated.Expert systemIt was created.
Currently it is possible to translate between all languages, but we do not translate directly in all languages,EnglishOften translated through..Therefore, even if you enter text such as English that is different from the specified language, it will be translated.[Source required].
Excellent vocabularyHowever, mistranslations are scattered in specific words such as program names and technical terms, and accuracy is reduced in long sentences.
2016Translation algorithmneural networkIt was changed to the one using, and the accuracy of translation was improved.Unlike traditional algorithms, it treats sentences as a whole rather than part by part, so it represents more accurate translation candidates..
In November 2018, the Google Translate UI that runs on the Web will be renewed to Material Design.
Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization, announced on January 2019, 1 that Google Translate will be available for content translation on Wikipedia... It can be used free of charge with the agreement of both Google and the Wikimedia Foundation..
Compared to Bing Translator, Google Translate is considered a smart translation system because it has all 5 input methods (text mode, conversation mode, offline translation, camera input, handwriting input)..
- Text mode
The basic way to enter data.
- Conversation mode
- When two or more people talk, Google Translate automatically determines and switches the translation language..
- When it is determined that the speaker has finished speaking, it is automatically translated into the language of the conversation partner and read aloud by machine voice, and immediately after that, it waits for voice input in the other party's language.
- Offline translation
- Required for translationalgorithmAnd data etc. to the terminal in advanceDownloaddo it,data communicationSome functions of Google Translate can be used even in an environment where.
- Camera input
- Of the terminalカメラIt is a function to read characters by OCR from the video taken with..Some languages support "real-time translation," which allows you to shoot and translate at the same time.In real-time translationAugmented reality(AR) technology is applied.The foreign language shown through the camera is automatically filled in, and the process of applying the native language to that part is dynamically performed.
- Handwriting input
- It is a function to draw and input characters directly on the dedicated input pad displayed on the screen.Virtual keyboardIs used in languages that are difficult to input.
(In chronological order)
- The earliest
- Issue 2
- 葡 -English
- Issue 3
- Issue 4
- 5th term (April 2006-)
- English-dew beta
- Russia-UK Beta
- 6th term (April 2006-)
- English-Arabic beta
- Arabic-English Beta
- 7th term (April 2007-)
- English-Chinese (繁体字) Beta
- Medium (Traditional) -English Beta
- Medium (Simplified) -Medium (Traditional) Beta
- Medium (Traditional) -Medium (Simplified) Beta
- 8th term (October 2007-)
- Translateable across all 25 translatable languages.
- Issue 9
- English language-Hindi
- 10th term (October 2008-)
- 11th term (September 2008, 9-)
- 12th term (January 2009, 1-)
- 13th term (January 2009, 6-)
- 14th term (January 2009, 8-)
- 15th term (January 2009, 11-)
- Beta version is no longer in operation.Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Greek, Hindi and Thai can now be selected in Roman characters.In addition, translations from Arabic, Persian, and Hindi will be rewritten to their original characters even if they are entered by Latin transcription.
- Started pronunciation service in English, Italian, French and German.
- 16th term (September 2010, 1-)
- 17th term (April 2010-)
- Started pronunciation service for Hindi and Spanish.
- 18th term (September 2010, 5-)
- Afrikaans, Albanian, Catalan, Chinese (Beijing), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Macedonian, Started pronunciation services in Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Swahili, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese, and Welsh. (Start voice program based on)
- 19th term (September 2010, 5-)
- 20th term (April 2010-)
- Started providing Arabic Roman alphabet notation.
- 21th term (April 2010-)
- Voice input in Arabic, Greek, Hindi, Persian, Russian, Serbian and Urdu is possible.
- 22th term (April 2010-)
- Arabic Roman alphabet notation is no longer available.
- Addition of spell check function.
- From the pronunciation function by voice synthesis by eSpeak,Switch to the natural voice of the native speaker by. (Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish)
- Started pronunciation service in Arabic, Japanese and Korean.
- 23th term (April 2011-)
- Added a function that allows you to select a translation of a word after translation.
- 24th term (April 2011-)
- 25th term (April 2011-)
- Added the function to evaluate translation.
- 26th term (April 2012-)
- Switch the voice of the Dutch pronunciation function from male to female.
- Switch from eSpeak to SVOX, a Slovak pronunciation function.
- Added Yiddish transcription function.
- 27th term (April 2012-)
- Started Thai pronunciation service.
- 28th term (September 2012-)
- 29th term (September 2012-)
- 30th term (September 2012-)
- New pronunciation function for English started.
- 31th term (September 2012-)
- Added new pronunciation functions for French, Spanish, Italian and German.
- 32th term (September 2013-)
- Added a collection of idioms.
- 33th term (September 2013-)
- Khmer languageadd to.
- 34th term (September 2013-)
- 35th term (September 2013-)
- Camera input will be available in 16 languages. (Bulgarian, Catalan, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, Croatian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Icelandic, Lithuanian, Latvian, Norwegian, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish)
- 36th term (September 2013-)
- 37th term (September 2014-)
- Added word definition
- 38th term (September 2014-)
- 39th term (September 2015-)
- Resumed provision of Arabic Roman alphabet.
- 40th term (September 2015-)
- 41th term (September 2016-)
- 42th term (September 2016-)
- Ukrainian pronunciation service started.
- 43th term (September 2016-)
- Started pronunciation service for Khmer and Sinhala.
- 44th term (September 2018-)
- Started pronunciation service for Myanmar, Malayalam, Marathi, and Telugu.
- 45th term (September 2019-)
- Started pronunciation service for Gujarati, Kannada, and Urdu.
- 46th term (September 2020-)
- ^ : Must-have for overseas travel!Even easier and more convenient to use "Google Translate"
- ^ Wrong translation to Ukrainian language because going through both Russian and English
- ^ Google / Eijiro Search Techniques for English Learners (Chapter 3)
- ^ Google Translate has evolved.
- ^ "Google Design on Twitter”(Japanese). Twitter. 2018/11/30Browse.
- ^ "You can now use Google Translate to translate articles on Wikipedia" (English). Wikimedia Foundation (September 2019, 1). 2019/2/14Browse.
- ^ "Content translation / Machine Translation / Google Translate”. MediaWiki. 2019/2/14Browse.
- ^ https://translate.google.com/intl/ja/about/license/
- ^ http://compling.hss.ntu.edu.sg/omw/wns/jpn/LICENSE
- ^ http://compling.hss.ntu.edu.sg/wnja/license.txt
- ^ http://compling.hss.ntu.edu.sg/wnja/jpn/index.html
- ^ "Apps-based Machine Translation on Smart Media Devices --A Review", Hary Gunarto (Hary Gunarto), Indonesian Journal of Computing and Cybernetics Systems, Gadjah Mada University. 13 (1), pp. 95-104, 2019.
- ^ Conversation mode added to Google Translate for Android
- ^ Google Translate Android version update.How to use it well
- ^ Google Translate official Android app updated to v2.5, added function to extract and translate text from images taken with camera, real-time translation function
- ^ Translation by handwriting input
- ^ Brants, Thorsten (September 2012, 9). “Translating Lao”. Google Translate blog 2012/9/19Browse.
- ^ Crum, Chris (September 2012, 9). “Google Adds Its 65th Language To Google Translate With Lao”.WebProNews 2012/9/19Browse.