|New features / changes (11.x)|
|version||Build number||Distribution start date||Message||Source|
- A completely redesigned App Store to make it easy to find great apps and games at all times
- The “Today” tab makes it easier to find new apps and games with stories from the editor team, how-to articles, and more.
- In the "Games" tab, you can search for new games and find out how popular they are by ranking.
- You can see recommendations, rankings, and category information on the dedicated “App” tab.
- More video previews and “Editor's Recommendations” badges have been added to the “App” page for easier user ratings and reviews and in-app billing information
- New Siri voice that is more natural and expressive
- Translate English words and phrases into Chinese, French, German, Italian and Spanish (Beta)
- Ability to make suggestions from Siri based on Safari, News, email, and message usage
- Create to-do lists, memos, and reminders in conjunction with the “Memo” app
- Direct debit and balance processing are possible in cooperation with the bank transaction app
- Can be linked with apps that can display QR codes
- Added Hindi and Shanghainese voice input
- Added support for optical image stabilization, HDR, and True Tone flash to "portrait" mode
- New HEIF and HEVC formats cut photo and video file size by almost half
- Nine new filters redesigned for a more natural skin tone
- It is possible to automatically recognize and scan the QR code
- Added "Loop", "Bounce" and "Long Exposure" effects to Live Photos
- Live Photos allows you to mute, crop, and select key photos
- "Memory Movie" automatically adapts content to portrait and landscape orientation
- Over a dozen new memories for pets, babies, weddings, sporting events and more
- “People” albums are more accurate, and iCloud Photo Library allows you to keep them in sync between devices
- Supports animated GIF
- Supports indoor maps of major airports and shopping centers
- Supports lane guidance and speed limit information on turn-by-turn routes
- Double tap and swipe to zoom with one hand
- It is possible to move the device and operate Flyover
Stop notifications while driving
- Added a function that recognizes that you are driving and automatically stops notifications and darkens the iPhone screen so that there is no sound
- Added a feature that allows iMessage to automatically notify only the contacts you want to know that you are driving
New features for iPad
- The new Dock allows you to access your favorite and most recently used items from any screen, even in front of the app you're currently using.
- The Dock automatically resizes and allows you to add all your favorite apps
- Recently used items and Continuity apps are displayed on the right side of the Dock
- Enhanced Slide Over and Split View
- You can easily open the app in Slide Over or Split View from the Dock
- Supports simultaneous operation of Slide Over and background app
- App opened in Slide Over and Split View can be placed on the left side of the screen
- Drag and Drop
- Move text, photos and files between apps on your iPad
- You can move multiple items at once with Multi-Touch
- Spring loading allows content to be moved between apps
- Markup can be used between documents, PDFs, web pages, photos, etc.
- Instant Markup – Just place your Apple Pencil where you want to annotate and start writing
- Create PDFs and mark up everything you can print
- You can quickly create a new note by tapping the lock screen with Apple Pencil
- Just place your Apple Pencil somewhere in the body of your note to start inline drawing
- Search for handwritten characters (English and Chinese only)
- The document scanner function automatically corrects the tilt of the document and removes shadows using an image filter.
- Supports table function so that information can be organized and displayed
- Pin important notes to the top of the list
- Add an all-new “Files” app to browse, find and organize your files
- Works with iCloud Drive and third-party cloud storage services
- In the "Recent Items" tab, you can see recently used files between apps and cloud services.
- You can create folders and sort files by name, date and time, size, and tags.
- On iPad, you can flick down the keys to enter numbers, symbols and punctuation
- Compatible with one-handed keyboard on iPhone
- Added Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Georgian, Irish, Kannada, Malayalam, Maori, Odia, Swahili and Welsh keyboards
- Supports English input with a 10-key Pinyin keyboard
- Supports English input with Japanese Romaji keyboard
- Supports new accessory types including AirPlay 2 speakers, sprinklers and faucets
- Expanded activation capabilities based on human detection, time, and accessories
- Supports QR code and tap to pair accessories
Augmented Reality (AR)
- With AR technology that can be used with apps on the App Store, it is possible to overlay virtual content on a real landscape to develop interactive games, immersive shopping experiences, industrial designs, etc.
- The machine learning technology available to the App Store apps can provide intelligent functionality with machine learning data processed on the device for high performance and user privacy protection.
Other features and improvements
- The design of the control center has changed, allowing all controls to fit on one page
- Custom controls for the Control Center, including accessibility, access guide, magnifying glass, text size, screen recording, wallet
- Find music with your friends on Apple Music. Create a profile to share playlists and favorite music with your friends
- Apple News features customized Top Stories for you, suggestions from Siri, today's best videos on “Today”, and a new “Spotlight” tab with important articles selected by the editor. add to
- "Quick Start" auto-configuration feature allows you to sign in to iCloud, Keychain, iTunes, App Store, iMessage, and FaceTime using your Apple ID
- "Quick Start" auto-configuration feature allows you to restore device settings, including language, region, network, keyboard, frequently used locations, how to talk to Siri, home and healthcare data
- Easily share access to Wi-Fi networks
- It is possible to reduce the usage capacity of apps such as "Photos" and "Messages" in "Settings" and notification of storage optimization.
- The emergency SOS feature allows you to call emergency services based on your location, automatically send notifications to emergency contacts, share your location, and display your medical ID.
- FaceTime allows you to take Live Photos from your Mac or iPhone camera
- Easily check flight status with Spotlight and Safari
- Supports dictionary lookup, unit conversion, and calculation in Safari
- Added Russian-English bilingual dictionary
- Portuguese-English bilingual dictionary added
- Supports new Arabic system fonts
- VoiceOver now supports image description
- VoiceOver now supports PDF tables and lists
- "Type in Siri" supports basic search queries
- Supports video audio and braille captions
- Dynamic Type function allows you to increase the font size of text and App UI
- Redesigned "Invert Color" to improve visibility of media content
- Improved highlighting color in "Read selected items" and "Read screen"
- Switch control type input allows you to scan and type entire words at once
- Fixed and improved bugs on iPhone or iPad
- Fixed a crackling noise during a call on a few iPhone 8 and 8 Plus devices
- Addressed an issue where some photos would be hidden
- Fixed an issue where S / MIME-encrypted email message attachments could not be opened
- Fixed audio and tactile feedback not working on some iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Addressed an issue where the screen did not respond to touch input on some iPhone 6s because it was not repaired using genuine Apple parts
- Over 70 new emojis added, including food, animals, legendary creatures, clothing-related items, more expressive smileys, and gender-insensitive characters
- Fixed an issue where some photos look blurry
- Addressed an issue where Live Photos effects would play slowly
- Fixed an issue where some photos did not appear in the "People" album when restored from an iCloud backup
- Fixed a performance issue when swiping between screenshots
- Improved support for Grade 2 input in English Braille
- Improved VoiceOver access to multi-page PDFs
- Improved VoiceOver rotor action when notifying received notifications
- Improved menu of VoiceOver rotor actions when removing apps from the App Switcher
- Fixed an issue where alternate keys were not displayed when using VoiceOver in touch input mode
- Fixed an issue where the VoiceOver rotor would always revert to the default action on "mail"
- Fixed VoiceOver rotor not deleting messages
Other improvements and fixes
- Restored the ability to press the edge of the screen to access the App Switcher on a 3D Touch-enabled display
- Fixed an issue where deleted email notifications would reappear on the lock screen
- Fixed an issue where data couldn't be moved between managed apps in an enterprise environment
- Fixed an issue with inaccurate location information on some third-party GPS accessories
- Fixed an issue where heart rate notification settings would appear in the Apple Watch App (1st generation)
- Fixed an issue where the App icon was not displayed on the Apple Watch
- Fixed an issue with the keyboard auto-correction feature
- Fixed "Hey Siri" not working
- Fixed an issue where the iPhone X screen would temporarily stop responding when the temperature dropped sharply
- Addressed an issue with image distortion in Live Photos and videos shot on iPhone X
Apple Pay Cash (US only)
- Use Apple Pay to send, bill, and receive money between friends and family with “Messages” or Siri
Other improvements and fixes
- Added support for high-speed wireless charging of iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X when using compatible third-party accessories
- Added 3 new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
- Improved camcorder stability
- Added the ability to automatically move to the next episode of the same show on a podcast
- Added downhill snowsport distance as a data type to HealthKit
- Fixed an issue where "Email" seemed to confirm new emails even after the download was completed
- Fixed an issue where clearing email notifications from an Exchange account would reappear
- Improved "calendar" stability
- Solved the problem that an empty screen was displayed in "Settings"
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't see "Today" or swipe to the camera on the lock screen
- Addressed an issue where the "Music" control would not appear on the lock screen
- Fixed an issue where app icons would be placed out of order on the home screen
- Addressed an issue where recent photos could not be deleted when iCloud storage capacity was exceeded
- Addressed an issue where the map was not displayed in Find My iPhone
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard would overlap the latest message in "Messages"
- Fixed an issue where "Calculator" could not calculate correctly when entering numbers quickly
- Addressed a slow keyboard response issue
- Added support for real-time text (RTT) calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Improve VoiceOver stability with messages, settings, App Store, and music
- Fixed VoiceOver not reporting received notifications
- iOS 11.2.1 includes the following iPhone or iPad bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue where KDDI customers could not activate Visual Voicemail
- Addressed an issue where shared users of the “Home” app could not access remotely
- iOS 11.2.2 includes a security update and is recommended for all users.
- When you set up your HomePod, your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri, and Wi-Fi settings are automatically transferred.
- Just ask "Hey Siri, play the news" and Siri will read the news aloud. You can also ask for specific news categories such as sports, business and music.
- Addressed an issue where the “Phone” app might display incomplete information in the call history
- Fixed an issue where "email" notifications from some Exchange accounts disappeared from the lock screen when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID
- Addressed an issue where "messages" could temporarily disrupt the display order of conversations
- Fixed an issue in CarPlay where the "playing" control would stop responding after changing tracks multiple times
- Added a function to notify the playback output destination and the remaining battery level of AirPods with VoiceOver
- Fixed an issue where the app would crash when using certain strings
- Fixed an issue where some third-party apps could not connect to external accessories
iOS 11.3 introduces new features such as ARKit 1.5, “Battery Status (Beta)”, and new Animoji for iPhone X users to give you a more realistic experience.This update also includes stability improvements and bug fixes.Augmented Reality (AR)
- ARKit 1.5 allows virtual objects to be placed on vertical surfaces such as walls and doors in addition to horizontal virtual planes
- Supports detecting image images such as movie posters, paintings, and illustrations and incorporating them into the AR experience
- Improved real-world resolution projected through camera view during AR experience
Battery status (beta)
- View iPhone battery maximum capacity and peak performance performance information
- Show if the performance management feature, which dynamically manages maximum performance to prevent abrupt shutdown, is on, and add an option to disable it
- Features that recommend it if the battery needs to be replaced
iPad charge management
- For example, in a kiosk terminal, POS system, charging cart, etc., the battery condition is kept good when the iPad is connected to the power supply for a long time.
- Introducing new Animoji characters for lions, dragons, and skulls on iPhone X
- Show links and icons that give you more information about how your data is used and protected when personal information is used by Apple's features.
- Offering a new music video experience, including a "Music Video" section with an exclusive video playlist
- Find friends in a genre that many people like and follow in that genre An updated suggestion feature allows you to find friends with the same musical taste
- Always show Top Stories first in For You
- Watch Top Videos carefully selected by the News editor
- User reviews can be sorted by "helpful", "high", "low", or "latest" on the product page
- Added version and file size information to the "Updates" tab
- Enhance privacy protection by auto-filling usernames and passwords after selecting them in the web form fields
- Show a warning when exchanging information with password or credit card information forms on web pages where the smart search field is not encrypted
- Username and password autofill available in in-app web view
- Articles shared from Safari to "Email" will be displayed in "Reader" format if "Reader" is available
- Display the bookmark icon contained in the folder in the folder in "Favorites"
- Added 2 types of Double Pinyin Keyboard layouts
- Supports hardware keyboards connected using the "Turkey F" keyboard layout
- Improved access to the extended list of conversion candidates for Japanese and Chinese keyboards on 4.7 and 5.5 inch devices
- It is possible to return from voice input to keyboard input with a single tap
- Addressed an issue where the auto-correction feature would mistakenly capitalize a word
- Fixed iPad Smart Keyboard not working properly after connecting to a captive Wi-Fi network on iPad Pro
- Fixed an issue where the Thai keyboard would incorrectly switch to the number layout when in landscape orientation
- Added accessibility support for bold and large text for screen customization in the App Store
- Added support for images on the web and email messages to "reverse (smart)"
- Improved RTT function and added support for RTT in T-Mobile
- Improved app switching on iPad for users using VoiceOver and Switch Control
- Addressed an issue where VoiceOver misrepresented Bluetooth status and badge icons
- Fixed an issue where the End Call button was not displayed in the “Phone” app when using VoiceOver
- Fixed an issue where VoiceOver couldn't access ratings in the app
- Fixed an issue where audio playback was distorted when using "Live Listening"
Other improvements and fixes
- Added support for AML standards that provide more accurate location information data when sending SOS (in supported regions / countries)
- Added support for software certification as a new way to create and make HomeKit compatible accessories available
- You can play the podcast with a single tap, and tap “Details” to see more information about each episode.
- Improved search performance when you have long text in your notes in "Contacts"
- Improved Handoff and universal clipboard performance when devices are on the same Wi-Fi network
- Fixed an issue where the screen would not wake when a call came in
- Addressed an issue where Visual Voicemail playback was delayed or not possible
- Fixed an issue where web links could not be opened in "messages"
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't return to "email" after previewing a message attachment
- Fixed an issue where email notifications would reappear on the lock screen even after they were cleared
- Fixed an issue where the time and notifications were not displayed on the lock screen
- Fixed an issue where administrators (parents or guardians) couldn't use Face ID in "Approval and Purchase Requests"
- Fixed an issue where "Weather" did not update the current weather conditions
- Fixed an issue where contacts could not be synced with the phonebook of a car connected via Bluetooth
- Fixed an issue where the car audio app couldn't play if the app was running in the background
- From the carrier setting update distributed at the same time, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X support data communication with a maximum reception speed of 4 Mbps with NTT DoCoMo's PREMIUM 594G
- Improved security and addressed an issue where iPhone 8 devices replaced with non-genuine screens became unresponsive to touch operations.
- Operate home audio system for the entire house and speakers compatible with AirPlay 2
- Play music at the same time with multiple AirPlay 2 compatible speakers in your house
- You can operate AirPlay 2 compatible speakers from the Control Center, lock screen, or AirPlay control in the app on your iPhone / iPad.
- Use Siri to control AirPlay 2 compatible speakers by voice from your iPhone, iPad, HomePad, or Apple TV
- You can answer calls and play games on your iPhone or iPad without interfering with playback on AirPlay 2 compatible speakers.
HomePod stereo pair
- Supports setting HomePad stereo pairs using iPhone or iPad
- HomePod stereo pair automatically detects the location of the room and automatically adjusts the sound according to the location
- Advanced beamforming capabilities provide an even more immersive acoustic stage than existing stereo pairs
- HomePod automatically updates for stereo pairs (unless auto-update is disabled in the "Home" app)
Store messages in iCloud
- Store messages, photos, and other attachments in iCloud to free up space on your device
- Sign in to your new device with the same iMessage account to see all your old messages on your new device
- If you delete a message or chat, it will be deleted from any device at the same time
- To turn on this feature, enable "Messages" in your iCloud settings ("Settings"> [your name]> iCloud)
- Chat is end-to-end encrypted as before
Other improvements and fixes
- Teachers can assign students reading activities in iBooks using the "Schoolwork" app
- Fixed an issue where certain strings would crash the "message"
- Addressed an issue where "Messages" would display some messages out of order
- Addressed an issue where Safari couldn't log in / access Google Drive, Google Docs, and Gmail
- Fixed an issue where data could not be synced in "Healthcare"
- Fixed an issue where apps that could access healthcare data could not be changed
- Resolved an issue where the app would appear in the wrong position on the home screen
- Fixed CarPlay audio sound distortion issue
- Fixed an issue where music could not be selected when playing from iPhone via Bluetooth or when connected to USB in the car
- Fixed an issue where "Find My iPhone" couldn't see the last location of the AirPods
- Improve reliability of email, contact, and note syncing with Exchange accounts