Photo The Tokaido Shinkansen used by many people.It is a familiar route, but there are some things that are unexpectedly unknown along the route.In this article, I would like to introduce about 10 stories about the Tokaido Shinkansen that I think it is true.
[10 selections of Tokaido Shinkansen trivia] A place where you can see Mt. Fuji well, Doctor Yellow, a specialty of the train window ... Did you know?
If you write the contents roughly
There is an urban legend that "you can be happy when you see it" is the yellow Shinkansen vehicle, commonly known as "Doctor Yellow".
The Tokaido Shinkansen used by many people.It's a familiar route, but sometimes it's surprisingly unknown.In this article ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Doctor yellowIt is,Tokaido Shinkansen,Sanyo ShinkansenIn the sectionlineDistortionOverhead wireFor inspecting the track, electrical equipment, and signal equipment of the Shinkansen while traveling while inspecting the condition offor businessShinkansen vehicleIs a nickname of.
"Doctor Yellow" is a popular name, and the official name is "Shinkansen electric track comprehensive test car(Shinkansen Denki Doso Goushikensha) "..The common name is derived from the body color yellow.
In the Tohoku-Hokkaido section, etc., the white base is painted red.East Japan Railway(JR East) E926 type is used, "East i(East Eye) ”(official name is“ Electric Railway Comprehensive Test Vehicle <Denki Doso Goushikensha> ”).Since the vehicles have the same purpose, they are described together in this section.
theseTest carThe inspection result byTokaido-Sanyo ShinkansenInShinkansen information management system (SMIS),Tohoku-Joetsu-Hokuriku-Hokkaido ShinkansenInShinkansen integrated system It was sent to (COSMOS) for the purpose of improving ride quality, stable current collection, and prevention of signal troubles.Track maintenanceUsed as work data.
The vehicle type of these non-commercial vehicles is not "system" or "type" but "(900 series) ○○○Shape= Gata (○○○○ series) ”(Example: 900 series 923 type 3000 series = T5 formation).
Basically, it is used only for route inspection work,Great Hanshin-Awaji EarthquakeIn an emergency, exceptional operations such as being used for transporting construction materials are also carried out..
|Image request : |
It was a single track test vehicle, and there were two cars, 921-1 (4000 type 4001 at the time of appearance) and 921-2.
The maximum speed during inspection running is 160km / h.Rounded box-shaped body with 3 non-penetrating windows on the frontConventional lineSame as the track test car of 3TrolleyTo wear.For power supply of measuring equipmentdieselGeneratorWas installed.
Body paintingLight yellowAnd under the windowblueI was wrapping my obi.The vehicle number was written in letters on the belt. 921-1 isKamomiya model line sectionIt is painted separately from the time of introduction, and becomes the originator of Doctor Yellow color.At the time of inspection, test organization before opening, after opening911 type diesel locomotiveWas towed by such.Will be described later1000 typeThe 922 type 0 series (T1 formation), which was a modified B formation, did not have a track inspection function, but it was operated independently without being combined with it.
In addition, the appearance is completely different from the 922 type incorporated in the 10 type 20 series and 921 series, which will be described later, although the type and use are the same.
- 921 1
- Designed based on a conventional track test car,1962 As 4000 type 4001Tokyu vehicle manufacturingIt was manufactured in Japan and put into the Kamomiya model line section (changed to 921-1 just before the opening of the Tokaido Shinkansen).A vehicle formation number display window is installed in the upper center of the front.
- I was able to run at low speed using a diesel generator for automobiles (used for replacement in the garage, etc.).The total length is 18m, and the front window extends to the side.
- It is possible to measure at 200km / h when towed, which is why1978 It was launched on the Oyama test line in the Tohoku-Hokkaido preliminary test section from May, and the following day.1979 Also relocated from the Tokaido / Sanyo Shinkansen961 typeIt was also used for various tests and measurements.
- After the Tohoku Shinkansen test1980 ,Scrapped carIt was dismantled.
- 921 2
- 1964 An old passenger car (an old passenger car) as an additional car to coincide with the opening of the Tokaido ShinkansenMaronev 29 11) Was manufactured. The difference from 921-1 is only the small part, the vehicle formation display window at the upper center of the front is omitted, the front window does not rotate to the side of the car body, the window arrangement is slightly different, the total length is as short as 17.5 m Is.In terms of performance, it could not run on its own, and the number of measurement items was less than 921-1.
- Faster than 921-11975 The car was scrapped at the end, and the next day1976 ToHamamatsu FactoryIt was dismantled at the car body dismantling equipment of.
There were two cars, No. 10 in the 11s and No. 20 in the 21s.
From the T2 formation (described later), it will be incorporated into the newly manufactured 922 type No. 5 car in order to centrally inspect electricity and tracks.The cross section of the car body is the same as that of the 922 type, but the car body length is as short as 17.5m, the car body is made of strong steel to meet the measurement conditions, and its own weight exceeds 60t.
Type 941 (electric test vehicle → rescue vehicle)
KamonomiyaModel lineTwo months after the introduction of the model line section, the 1000 type A formation that was operated in the ward (1962 In August), the electric test car, and more1964 It was remodeled into a rescue vehicle.The maximum speed is 200km / h.
Originally it was a blue belt on a white background, but it became a blue belt on a yellow background in accordance with the conversion to a rescue vehicle (the width of the blue belt was narrow and it was connected to the headlights).After that, it was remodeled and was originally a one-lamp type.Headlight2 lights, front window0 seriesCar 2 was remodeled from curved glass to flat glass, but the curved glass of car 1 and the vehicle formation number display windows of both cars were left.It has never been dispatched as a rescue vehicle,1975 Before the 0 series 1st and 2nd cars were scrapped in earnest, they were scrapped for the test of the round slice of the car body dismantling equipment newly installed at the Hamamatsu factory.
- Car 1 (941-1): Material room
- Car 2 (941-2): Relief personnel seats (40 seats), tool rack
0 series (922 type)
1964 In June, the 6 type B formation that was operated on the model line was remodeled into an electric / signal system measurement car at the same time as the remodeling of the A formation electric test car → rescue car (track system measurement is not possible) T).The maximum speed is 1000km / h.LaterT1 formationAlso called.
Originally, the area around the window was painted blue on a white background, but due to the remodeling, it became a blue band on a yellow background (unlike the T2 formation and later, the width of the blue band was narrow and connected to the headlights).After that, it was remodeled, and the original one-lamp type headlight was changed to a two-lamp type, and the front window of car 1 was remodeled from curved glass to flat glass according to the 2 series (car 1 was originally flat glass for comparative test). And only the first car was remodeled).However, the train number display window and the 0km / h record plate were left behind.1975 Before the scrapping of the 0 series 1st and 2nd cars got into full swing, the scrapped car was dismantled like the 941 type.
- Car 1 (922-1): Signal / communication measurement vehicle
- Car 2 (922-2): Electric measurement car
- Car 3 (922-3): Material car
- Car 4 (922-4): Electric measurement car
The first T1 organization has deteriorated, and there are many inconveniences in terms of operation.HakataThe opening was imminent, so1974 This is a new electric railway comprehensive test vehicle. T2 formationAlso called. A 922-car train with a 6 type track inspection car (922-11) sandwiched between 922 16 type cars (921-921 --11-7), and all carsHitachi, Ltd.Manufactured in. The side window is a large window because it is ordered at the same time as the 0 series 16th car.It was operated in the daytime when it first appeared,1986 ToTokaido/Sanyo ShinkansenAfter the speed increased to 220km / h, it was mainly operated at night. After becoming JRTokai passenger railwayBelongs to (JR Central).923 typeWith the advent of (T4 organization)2001 May 1 OfTokyoThe last inspection from Hakata to Hakata was completed, and the same yearMay 10The car was scrapped and dismantled over the next 5 days.
- Car 1: Communication / signal / electricity measurement vehicle
- Car 2: Data processing car
- Car 3: Power supply car (with observation dome)
- Car 4: Warehouse / Break Room (Box sheetEquipped with.583 seriesOpen typeB sleeperIt has a structure similar to the lower one and can also be used as a sleeper. )
- Car 5: Track inspection car (921 type, short body with 3 bogies)
- Car 6: Rescue car (with observation dome)
- Car 7: Overhead wire wear measurement car
As you can see from the appearance, it is a vehicle based on the 0 series, but this vehicle is not equipped with an escape exit on the side of the car body, which is one of the features in the appearance of the early 0 series trains.
In addition, in order to carry out the T3 formation and automatic division and merging test described later, in 1986, the head of car 7CouplerThe appearance of the forehead has changed slightly.After all, this has not been put to practical use in the Tokaido / Sanyo section at present, but later in the Tohoku area.New direct operationContributed to the realization of automatic division and merging in.
As an extension of the T2 formation,1979 It was newly made in.T3 formationAlso called. Since it was difficult for one T2 train to undergo a vehicle inspection while performing an inspection, it was necessary to carry out a track inspection with a spare car, the 1 type 2 series, while the T921 train was entering the inspection. The maximum speed of the 0 type 921 series was low, and there was an operational problem...The T3 formation was manufactured to prevent this.As for the manufacturers, cars 3-5 are manufactured by Tokyu Vehicles, and the others are manufactured by Hitachi.
The side window is a small window because it is ordered at the same time as the 0 series 27th car (1000 series).Other specifications are similar to T2 formation, but the overhead wire wear measurement car is No. 2 car, and the laser beam type overhead wire wear measurement device is adopted., Car 4 becomes all vehicle warehouse, break room and tour conductor seat (0 series)Standard-sized carOriginal 2 + 3 columnsConvertible cross sheetThere are subtle differences such as moving to the first car (equipped with the track inspection car 1-921). Like the T21 train, it is not equipped with an escape exit on the side of the car body.
After the inauguration of JRWest Japan Railway CompanyBelongs to (JR West).923 typeWith the advent of (T4 formation), it became a spare car. T2001 formation withdrew from operation in 22005 This train is a 700 series base car923 series 3000 seriesIt was the only and last 5 series type car that was operated in all sections of the Tokaido Shinkansen for 4 years until it was replaced by (T0 formation) (0 series belonging to JR West).Shin-Osaka StationからTorikai DepotExcept for cases where the space between the lines was used as a deadhead line). The difference in appearance from the T2 formation was the size of the side window, and the coupler cover at the front was white for T2 and yellow for T3.
- Car 1: Break room
- Car 2: Data processing / overhead wire wear measurement vehicle
- Car 3: Power supply car (with observation dome)
- Car 4: Warehouse
- Car 5: Track inspection car (921 type, short body with 3 bogies)
- Car 6: Rescue car (with observation dome)
- Car 7: Communication / signal / electricity measurement vehicle
As with the T2 formation mentioned above, the front of the No. 1 car was equipped with an automatic division and merging device by modification.
Both the "Nozomi" type and the "Kodama" type basically take two days to carry out inspections, often going from Tokyo to Hakata on the first day and Hakata to Tokyo on the second day.However, once you arrive at Shin-Osaka StationOsaka Work Inspection Vehicle StationOften enter the ward.
When the Tokaido Shinkansen was just opened, inspections were conducted at midnight when there were no commercial trains, but since the appearance of the T2 train (922 type 10 series), which can inspect at the same speed as commercial trains, in 1974. I started to perform inspections in the daytime..At that time, "Hikari" inspection took 3 days[Note 1], "Kodama" inspection takes 4 days[Note 2]went.
Regarding the operation of Doctor Yellow, details such as sections and running times will not be announced at all.[Note 3],Witnessing Doctor Yellow makes you happyThere is an urban legend.Because it is a vehicle that you can not meet in the middle and it is popular because of its conspicuous colorPlarail,Railway model(Sekisui Metal-Tommy TechIs on sale) and many related products are selling.
Tohoku / Hokkaido / Joetsu / Hokuriku / Yamagata / Akita Shinkansen
JR East uses "S" for the organization code of non-commercial vehicles (including mass-produced preceding vehicles before commercial operation) regardless of the series.
921-31 / 41
Track inspection vehicle for the Tohoku-Joetsu Shinkansen. It has almost the same specifications as the 921-11 and 21, and the cross section of the car body is the same as the 925 type.A snow-cutting device was added, but it is not a body mount because it is a three-bogie. The 3-921 was incorporated in the 31 type 925 series (S0 organization), and the 1-921 was incorporated in the 41 type 925 series (S10 organization).All manufacturers are manufactured by Tokyu Vehicles.
1997 To200 seriesThe intermediate car 226-63 was remodeled into the track inspection car 921-32, and laser measurement was introduced for the first time in Japan.The inspection trolley has not changed except that it is equipped with a measuring device.As for the exterior, there were traces of the direction curtain, reserved seats / unreserved seats, and the snow-cutting room that became unnecessary due to the remodeling.
Usui PassWith the opening of the Nagano Shinkansen, it was developed because it is difficult to enter the line due to the axle load of the conventional three-bogie track inspection car, and since there is only one car, either S3 formation or S1 formation In the normal periodic inspection, the same train was used continuously for a certain period of time.Since the seed car is a 1 series mass-produced car, the height of the rain gutter is slightly different from the 2 type manufactured in advance.
0 series (925 type)
1979 Manufactured in.There is a green belt on a yellow background.S1 formationAlso called.200 seriesIt is one of the prototypes of. Unlike the S2 formation, the window splits of each car were manufactured in advance with the inspection car specifications.The track inspection car is 921-31.As for the manufacturers, cars 1 and 2 are manufactured by Nippon Sharyo, and cars 3 and 4 are manufactured by Nippon Sharyo.Kinki Vehicle, Cars 6 and 7 are Kawasaki Heavy Industries.With the opening of the Nagano Shinkansenfrequency50 / 60Hz dual-purpose, gradient measures were taken, and the track inspection car was revised to connect 921-32.E926 typeWith the advent of the S51 formation "East i"2001 Was scrapped.
10 series (925 type)
1978 It corresponds to the prototype of the 200 series manufactured in962 type Shinkansen prototype train,1983 It was remodeled into.Since it was originally a prototype train, some windows were filled when it was converted into a comprehensive test car.S2 formationAlso called.The track inspection car is 921-41.
Even after the opening of the Tohoku-Joetsu Shinkansen, it was used as a "high-speed test car" in a 6-car train that pulled out the track inspection car, and based on this, the 200 series operated at 240km / h-275km / h. In 1997, as with the S1 formation, 50 / 60Hz dual-purpose support and gradient countermeasures were taken.E926 typeWith the advent of the S51 formation "East i"2003 May 1It was scrapped with the attachment.Immediately before the end of the regular operation, the above-mentioned 921-32 was out of legal inspection, and the inspection was performed only in Tohoku and Joetsu by incorporating 921-41.2002 Regular operation was completed in September.
Kyushu ShinkansenDoes not own a vehicle dedicated to inspection equivalent to Doctor Yellow, but uses it for commercial purposes during inspection.800 seriesOf these, equipment is installed in the corresponding organization to carry out inspections.
Initially, the inspection function was given to the 800 series U001 train,Vehicle numberThe letter "K" was added to the end of, but it will be described later.2009 It was removed due to the commissioning of the additional formation.
2009 Of the three trains manufactured in Japan, the U3 and U007 trains (009 series) are capable of track inspection, and the U1000 train (008 series) is capable of power, signal, and communication inspection. The device can be installed.
1995 May 1Occurred inHyogoken Nanbu Earthquake(Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake), necessary for restoration work of the Tokaido ShinkansenmortarDoctor Yellow was used for transportation, and was responsible for transporting 200 bags of mortar and 24 workers packed in the car from Tokyo to Kyoto..
- JNR 193 series
- JNR Kiya 191 series railcar
- East i --Shinkansen inspection vehicle
- JR East E491 series (East iE) --JR East's conventional line electrified section inspection vehicle.
- JR East Kiya E193 series railcar (East iD) --JR East's conventional line non-electrified section inspection vehicle.
- JR Central Kiya 95 series railcar (Dr. Tokai) --JR Tokai's conventional line inspection vehicle.
- JR West Kiya 141 series car (Dr. WEST) --JR West's conventional line inspection vehicle.
- TGV IRIS 320 - French railwayOf LGV (TGVHigh-speed new line) for inspection vehicle.
- New Measurement Train -BritishNetwork railVehicle for inspection.InterCity 125Is the base.
- Dr. Avril- スペインWill be introduced inTalgo-Based onVariable gauge mechanismInspection vehicle with.The nickname is named after a Japanese inspection vehicle called "Doctor" such as Doctor Yellow..
- ^ Day 1: Tokyo → Hiroshima. Day 2: Hiroshima → Hakata → Hiroshima. Day 3: Hiroshima → Tokyo.
- ^ Day 1: Tokyo → Shin-Osaka. Day 2: Shin-Osaka → Hakata. Day 3: Hakata → Shin-Osaka. Day 4: Shin-Osaka → Tokyo.
- ^ However, since it is operated on the business schedule of "Nozomi (Hikari) / Kodama", it can be predicted to some extent from the suspension status of "Nozomi (Hikari) / Kodama".
- ^ "Doctor Yellow released, JR West Sanyo Shinkansen 40th anniversary [living / topic]". Tokushima newspaper (Tokushima Shimbun). (March 2015, 1) October 2015th, 1Browse.
- ^ JR Central-Vehicle Information Type 923 -Tokai Passenger Railway
- ^ "Phantom Shinkansen" Doctor Yellow "released at the 40th anniversary of the Sanyo Shinkansen". Sankei News (Sankei Shimbun). (June 2015, 1) October 2015th, 1Browse.
- ^ “40-year-old Sanyo Shinkansen Doctor Yellow under medical examination”. YOMIURI ONLINE (Yomiuri Shimbun). (October 2015, 1) October 2015th, 1Browse.
- ^ "" Doctor Yellow "inside the car is open to the public An inspection vehicle that supports the safety of the Shinkansen". Sanyo Shimbun Digital (Sanyo Shimbun). (March 2015, 1) October 2015th, 1Browse.
- ^ "Safety-supporting Shinkansen" Doctor Yellow "once every 10 days" lucky charm "". Sankei Biz(July 2014, 4) October 2014th, 4Browse.
- ^ ""Doctor Yellow" who carried earthquake disaster recovery materials to help Kobe”. Vehicle News (June 2015, 1). October 2015th, 1Browse.
- ^ RM MODELSFrom page 2001 of the June 6 issue.
- ^ "Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen 1985 Years History" Japan National Railways Shinkansen General Bureau, 918, p.XNUMX
- ^ Introducing "Shinkansen Driving", KH Bestsellers, 2010, p.174.ISBN 9784584132289.
- ^ About the exhibition outline at the JR Tokai Museum (tentative name)(JR Tokai News Release July 2009, 7),"(Document XNUMX) Exhibition vehicle" Retrieved February 2020, 9
- ^ "JR Train Organization Table '06 Winter Issue" JR R, 2005, p.332.ISBN-4 88283-044-2.
- ^ About the exhibition outline at the JR Tokai Museum (tentative name)(News release, JR Central)
- ^ a b "Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen 1985 Years History" Japan National Railways Shinkansen General Bureau, 377, p.XNUMX
- ^ The diamond is not open to the public, and the phantom "Happy Yellow Train" Doctor Yellow is popular Sankei Shimbun Delivered on June 2013, 6 Retrieved on August 27.
- ^ "Railway Fan October 2009" Koyusha, 10, p.2009.
- ^ Great Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake Railway Reconstruction Record Compilation Committee "Reviving Railway"Sankaido, 1996, p.149,ISBN-4 381-00989-4.
- ^ JR Central: Track measurement technology for commercial trains(News release, JR Central)
- ^ "Talgo to supply 330 km / h'Dr Avril' inspection train”. Railway Gazette (October 2019, 10). October 2010th, 10Browse.
- Taro Manya (JR East Transport Vehicle Department Planning Division Vehicle Development Project) "JR East E926 Shinkansen Train (S51 formation)" "Railway pictorial』January 2002 issue, Electric Vehicle Study Group, 1, pp.2001 --96
- "The state of Doctor Yellow's inspection is open to the public!". TorenabiWest Japan Railway Company (February 2015, 2). As of February 23, 2015オ リ ジ ナ ル[Broken link]More archives.October 2015th, 3Browse.
- Maintenance (East i) --East Japan Electrical Engineering
- Business content (Doctor Yellow): In charge of inspection work for the Tokaido Shinkansen section --Nihonkikaihosen
- Business description: In charge of inspection work for the Sanyo Shinkansen section --Rail Tech
- Shinkansen work picture book: Doctor Yellow edition - Wayback machine(April 2017, 4 archive) --Tokaido Shinkansen 30th Anniversary Page
- "Doctor Yellow" first open to the public XNUMXth anniversary of the opening of the Shinkansen - YouTube(Provided by Asahi Shimbun, released on April 2014, 7)