Supporting sailing players Kamakura City on SNS
If you write the contents roughly
"Originally, many athletes were scheduled to stay in the host family in the city, but all were canceled due to infectious diseases," says Kawabe, but he developed the "Welcome Sailors Project" to support him. Yes = photo.
Kina Village, which coordinates homestays and private lodgings mainly in Kamakura city. → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
home stay(British: homestay) IsStudy abroadStudents and others board and experience life with ordinary households in the country.Or that system.The family that acceptshost, That familyhost familyCall.FarmerBoarding infarmTo experienceFarm stayIt is called (farmstay).
AssociationvolunteerSome households accept it free of charge, but in recent years many hosts charge rent for business purposes.Since it is not a hotel or boarding house, not all host families will respond as the participants desire.Therefore, in recent years, we will search for and introduce host families that meet the presented conditions.Study abroad agentThere is also.
Summer VacationThere are also things that students who are usually difficult to go to can easily experience by using the long rest period such as.
Origin of "Homestay"
Watt has been blessed with the opportunity to travel to various countries around the world since childhood.My father, who runs a department store in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, is on the marketThe United Kingdom,France,GermanyI had the opportunity to come into contact with the customs and customs of each country by taking advantage of the opportunity to go to such places.He is full of pioneering spirit that is typical of Americans.World War Iin,YMCAAs a member of the delegation ofIndia,(I.e.Worked at.Watt was deeply disgusted by the racial and class discrimination between the Indian, Iranian, and British troops that he witnessed there.After the war, the duty as a delegation ended, Persia, India,Chugoku,JapanAfter returning to Japan, thenPennsylvania,Yale,HarvardAt each universityPsychologyWill concentrate on his research.
1921Watt received $ 50 in heritage from his deceased father and began to wonder how he could return it to society.Just started at that timeLeague of NationsIs central toスイスWatt will be represented in the United States.However, I am disappointed to see the young people who are swaying each other because of their pride in their own country.In addition, I was disgusted by the discussions and lectures that continued every day, and I came up with an attempt to "experience family life" in a foreign country, searching for a way to effectively deepen international understanding in a different way. It was.
Thus,1930He took 12 American boys to Europe and conducted a program to interact with German and French boys.The boys tried to understand each other's languages and customs, and formed a bond of goodwill by engaging in activities such as sports and hiking.Among them, I thought that it would be more fruitful to experience homestay in one country instead of three countries than in camp, and the following year I sent a homestay group and it was a great success.Watt, who also succeeded in homestaying in England, France and Germany,1932Officially "The Experiment in International Living" ("Experiment in International Living" in English) Was established, relying on the old wisdom of each country in the world, and investing a huge amount of private property to strive for the development of this organization.
Originally in the United States, homestays were developed in which host families were accepted as volunteers.On the other hand, in the UK, homestays have developed in which the host family stays in a form of paying and accepting money.In most English-speaking countries such as Australia, New Zealand and Canada, homestays have developed in the British style.In recent years, this paid host family format has been increasing in the United States as well.
Japan's first homestay
The first homestay group to come to Japan from the United States1940It was that.At that time, of course, there was no word or concept such as "homestay", and the Miyako Shinbun (currently) took up this matter.Tokyo Newspaper) Article has the words "exchange son".According to the article, "We are planning to dispatch from Japan next year, and while the international sentiment between Japan and the United States is deteriorating, the achievements of this" group exchange son and daughter "where young people from both countries live together naturally are great. It is expected. "Ironically the next year1941The war between Japan and the United States began in December, and it was necessary to wait for the end of the war before the buds of exchanges wishing for "peace" would grow.
1955, Japan and (Fulbright Committee) were involved in a request from the EIL headquarters in the United States to implement a homestay in Japan.It is still known as Little Kyoto that the arrow of Shirahane stood as a receiving place.Kanazawa".It is also the birthplace of Maki, shortly after the war, anti-American sentiment is not strong, the influence of war damage and occupation is not large, and the cultural soil is rich and there was also an "American Cultural Center". Kanazawa became the host district.The following year, for a month from the beginning of April, a group of six people led by Dr. Watt and his wife were the first in Japan.home stayI experienced in Kanazawa.
It depends on whether the host family is volunteer or paid, and whether they are older (mainly high school students or younger or college students or older).In the case of a paid homestay, there are also homestays that are more like dormitories or boarding houses than family members.
- While boardingBeing part of a familyIs the basis, and you must live according to the rules of the family.This is the first basic rule to be given when doing a homestay.Being a member of the family, don't hesitate to communicate with them so that you can express your opinions properly.
- Spend as much as possible with your host family.It is also desirable to enter the circle of family unity.Also, don't feel like a customer just because you are someone else, and try to be proactive in helping.
- HomeでMealIf not, tell the host in advance.
- If you are late to return home or stay out, contact us and let us know your requirements.If you can foresee that you will be late to return home, it is convenient to contact the destination in advance.
- At the end of your homestay, pack all your luggage and keep your room tidy.
- All transportation expenses including commuting to school,TelYou pay for the call charges yourself.international calluseprepaid cardOrcollect callTo use.
- Use public transportation to go out, and do not request transportation by host car as much as possible except in an emergency.
- You will be responsible for the cost of going out with your host family for private events or errands (but don't hesitate to accept it as some families will pay for it).However, if the event is included in the expense, the expense will be paid to the family side.obligationDoes not need to be issued by the person himself / herself.
- clothes OfWashingAsk in advance about.Basically, you wash your clothes yourself.
- Problems may occur due to cultural differences, but be sure to decline if your host family makes an unreasonable request.Japanese people tend to be difficult to refuse, but in such cases it is necessary to refuse.If it happens too oftenAgentYou should also consider consulting with or moving.
- culture,communicationFrom the host family, depending on the differencesexual harassment-Sexual abuseThere is a case of receiving.Excessive to avoid misunderstandingsPhysical contactIf you feel uncomfortable, it is important to refuse.
- For example, never lend when your host family asks you to lend or borrow money.No matter how much you are a host family, you have no obligation to lend money.