Smartphone repair insurance "Smartphone" from 100 yen monthly, also supports theft and submersion as an option
If you write the contents roughly
In addition, it is said that it is preparing to support electronic money that can be settled more quickly.
Warranty Small-amount Short-term Insurance announced on June 6, the insurance product "Smartphone" for smartphones. Provided in July ... → Continue reading
My Navi News
Mynavi News is a comprehensive information news site with more than 100 categories updated daily. It consists of the latest news and analysis reports and columns from a wide range of genres such as business, digital, lifestyle, and entertainment to niche categories such as management, technology, railways, and cars.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Electronic money is the same as a credit cardElectronic paymentA kind of meansIs.Unlike credit cards, which exchange payment information for each transaction, electronic money is a stored value type in which the electronic monetary value is deducted in advance in exchange for cash or deposits, and the price is paid through the exchange of the same monetary value during economic activities. Becomes.
Japanese-made English called electronic money
Electronic money in English (electronic money) Isbill,coinDoes not haveDigital currencyRefers toCryptocurrency OfBitcoin,Central Bank Digital CurrencyNew forms of electronic monetary systems such asmonetary system) Means."Electronic money" in Japanese English is just an existing one such as yen.Fiat currency OfElectronic paymentIt just means a (cashless payment) service.
Originally in englishElectronic payment(electronic payments) SpeakingCredit card,debit cardI went for a long timeHistoryHas already been since 1998PayPalSince there is also an online payment service such as "electronic money", it is not a new concept.When referring to "electronic money" in the Japanese sense in English to distinguish it from credit cards, card-type ones are justprepaid card(stored value card), And those with enhanced functions such as rechargingSmart card(Smart card for making electronic payments).Use on mobile phones (smartphones), that isMobile paymentIs simplymobile payment.Contactless paymentIf it's a card or mobile, it's just a contactless expression.
In other words, "electronic money" in Japanese English only means a prepaid electronic payment service.
"Electronic money" of each country
In Japan, in principle,Cash voucher,prepaid cardAnd so on,Fund settlement lawIs applied.Magnetic cardExpressions andPrepaid CardElectronic money of the server type that uses a formula and communication means is also subject to regulation.
Number of cards issued in 2020 (small payment method)
- Prepayment Rakuten Edy: 1 million (3,000%)
- Prepayment WAON: 8,263 million (7.0%)
- Prepayment Suica: 8,157 million sheets (7.1%) exchange
- Prepayment nanaco: 7,097 million (6.5%)
- Deferred payment iD: 4,194 million (18.3%)
- Prepayment PASMO: 3,956 million sheets (2.9%) exchange
- Prepayment ICOCA: 2,400 million sheets (11.7%) exchange
- Deferred payment QUICPay: 1,695.6 million (28.1%)
- Prepayment T-shirt: 1,097 million (-)
- Prepayment sense of: 724.5 million sheets (6.6%) exchange
- Prepayment nimoca: 432 million sheets (8.0%) exchange
- Deferred payment PiTaPa: 339 million sheets (2.1%) exchange
- Prepayment SUGOCA: 321 million sheets (11.0%) exchange
- Prepayment TOICA: 310 million sheets (6.5%) exchange
- Prepayment Kitaca: 176 million sheets (10.0%) exchange
- Prepayment Hayakaken: 147 million sheets (10.5%) exchange
*Figures in parentheses are the same as the previous year.
- Exchange = transportation electronic money (combines electronic money and transportation boarding card. Since it includes a single use as a transportation commuter pass and a commemorative card, it cannot be simply compared with others.)
Expiration date of electronic money: Some prepaid type and virtual money type electronic money have an expiration date.In other words, even if cash is charged and converted into electronic money, its value will be lost after a certain period of time without using it.For your reference,Civil lawInReceivable OfAnnihilation prescriptionIs for 10 years.
The United States of America
In the United States, it is not a prepaid card like so-called "electronic money"Credit card Is used as the main form, and as of 2008, about 90% of online transactions were already carried out by credit card or debit card. Therefore, it is only offered as a prepaid type as part of the services of credit card companies such as Visa and MasterCard.
Historically in 1994New York City SubwayPrepaid card (paper-based) using electronic money was introduced for the first time as a payment method for fares.. In 1995, the prepaid card introduced by oil giant Mobil as a payment method at a gas station is said to be the first plastic card type prepaid card in the United States.. In 1993, an automatic toll collection system on expressways was commercially available..
SwishAs represented by, it is not a prepaid card like so-called "electronic money", but a contactless type that is linked to a bank account like a debit card.Mobile paymentIs the mainstream.For othersBoarding card,Mobile paymentSee service.
in Japan,SonyNon-contact typePrepaid CardCommunication technology·FeliCaMany have adopted. Since it uses FeliCa, it is physically compatible, but system compatibility is often not achieved.Nowadays, the card type that originally used an IC chip isMobile paymentCorresponding to, it is not possible to simply classify it as an IC chip type.The following are typical ones.
- WebMoney(Web Money Co., Ltd.) Card type (POSA cardThere is also a MasterCard prepaid card
- T money(Co., Ltd.) SomeT pointAttached to the card
- BitCash(Bit cacheThere is also a card type
- NET CASH(NTT Card SolutionThere are also card types
- Chocom e-money (oldElectronic money Chocom) (NTT Communications）
- C-CHECK, GAMECHECK (Co., Ltd.Metaps payment）
- Saipo (GMO PepaboCorporation)
- ^ a b Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications | 27 White Paper on Information and Communication | Spread of Electronic Money, Viewed May 2021, 07.
- ^ "Monthly consumer credit (September 2020 issue)"Study Group on Financial Affairs, 2020, 31 pages.
- ^ Turban, E. King, D. McKay, J. Marshall, P. Lee, J & Vielhand, D. (2008). Electronic Commerce 2008: A Managerial Perspective. London: Pearson Education Ltd. p.550
- ^ a b c Recent Trends in Electronic Payments in the US (Yasuhiro Wada) Information processing promotion mechanism, browsing November 2018, 11.
- David Chaum, "Blind Signatures for Untraceable Payments", Advances in Cryptology: Proceedings of CRYPTO '82, pp.199-203, 1982.
- Research paper on settlement system bureau, settlement system, etc., Bank of Japan Recent trends in electronic money, August 2008
- Contactless payment
- QR/Bar code payment(So-called smartphone payment)
- Post-pay type electronic money
- Cash card
- Credit card (Japan)
- debit card
- prepaid card
- Electronic payment
- Free currency
- Virtual currency
- Corporate currency
- Micro payment
- Digital currency
- Cash out
- Electronic money card spread (2007) - NHK Broadcast History
- Britannica International Encyclopedia Small Item Encyclopedia "Electronic money』- Koto bank