Apple Watch has evolved to give you a more detailed picture of your cardiopulmonary function. OS update released
If you write the contents roughly
"The key to maximal oxygen uptake is that it's actually a hit," said Dr. Sambal Desai, senior vice president of health at Apple.
14th local time (15th Japan time), basic software for iPhone and Apple Watch, iO ... → Continue reading
Sports × Lifestyle In WEB magazine "MELOS -Meros-", we propose various themes related to life such as business, health, beauty, parenting, food, technology and new forms of sports through contents. We deliver original content such as independent interviews with athletes and celebrities, experience reports, and how-tos.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Maximum oxygen uptake
Maximum oxygen uptake(Saidai-san, oxygen,British: VO2 Max, maximal oxygen consumption) Is measured by incremental exerciseoxygenMaximum amount of consumption..It is usually measured on a treadmill with a motor.Maximum oxygen uptakeaerobic exerciseExercising under maximum for long periods of time, reflecting abilityEnduranceIt is an important factor that determines.The name is V = volume, O2 = Oxygen, max = Derived from maximum.
For the maximum oxygen uptake, use an absolute amount such as liters per minute or a relative amount such as mL / (kg / min) as a unit.The latter unit is often used to compare the abilities of athletes in endurance competitions.However, maximal oxygen uptake generally does not vary linearly with body weight within or between species.Therefore, appropriate statistical processing should be performed, such as when comparing cases of different body sizes.
Measurement of maximal oxygen uptake
In order to accurately measure maximal oxygen uptake, it is necessary to put a sufficient load on the aerobic energy system.In general physical fitness tests, treadmills andBicycleUse the ergometer to gradually increase the load, and breathing volumeoxygen-carbon dioxideMeasure the amount of.The maximum oxygen uptake is when the oxygen consumption does not change even if the load is increased.
Maximum oxygen uptake is defined by the Fick equation.
Estimating maximal oxygen uptake
Measuring maximal oxygen uptake as defined carries the risk of exacerbating respiratory and circulatory problems if the subject is unhealthy.Therefore, various methods have been devised to estimate maximal oxygen uptake.
This equation is the maximum heart rate (HR)Max) And resting heart rate (HR)rest), And the unit of maximal oxygen uptake is mL / (kg · min).
Kenneth cooperConducted research in the United States Air Force in the late 1960s.One of the results of this research is the Cooper test, which is a method of estimating from the mileage of a 12-minute run.
d12 Is the mileage of a 12-minute run (unit: meters), and the unit of maximal oxygen uptake is mL / (kg / min).
20m shuttle run
- ^ a b Clemente, CJ, PC Withers, and GG Thompson. 2009. Metabolic rate and endurance capacity in Australian (;;). Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 97: 664-676.
- ^ a b Dlugosz, EM, MA Chappell, TH Meek, P. Szafrañska, K. Zub, M. Konarzewski, JH Jones, JEPW Bicudo, V. Careau, and 2013. Phylogenetic analysis of mammalian maximal oxygen consumption during exercise. Journal of Experimental Biology 216 : 4712-4721.
- ^ "Arteriovenous oxygen difference". Sports Medicine, Sports Science and Kinesiology. Net Industries and its Licensors (2011). As of June 2011, 6オ リ ジ ナ ル[Broken link]More archives.2011/4/30Browse.
- ^ Uth, Niels; Henrik Sørensen, Kristian Overgaard, Preben K. Pedersen (January 2004).Optimization of VO2max from the ratio between HRmax and HRrest--the Heart Rate Ratio Method”. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2004 Jan; 91 (1): 111-5. 2009/11/3Browse.
- ^ New Fitness Test Implementation Guidelines: MEXT 20m shuttle run (round-trip endurance running) Maximum oxygen uptake estimation table