Infant formula places the highest priority on the baby's drinking condition! Top 4,599 "Infant Formula" Selected by 3 Moms
If you write the contents roughly
Also, since I don't use much powdered milk, it is convenient to have a small size.
Announcing the top 3 "powdered milk" that senior moms chose and were happy to use!At the Baby Calendar Award, I'm going to get pregnant ... → Continue reading
The Baby Calendar provides daily information on topics related to pregnancy, pregnancy, childbirth, childrearing, infertility, and information useful for daily life that supports pregnant women, pregnant women, mothers raising children, and dads. I will. It is full of information taught by professionals in the fields of pregnancy, childbirth and childcare, such as registered dietitians and midwives.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Powdered milk(Kona milk) is also called infant formula.Raw milk,milkEtc. or manufactured from these as raw materialsFoodProcessed or used as the main raw material, to which nutrients necessary for infants are added and powdered.
Human feeding is up to about 18 months after birth, and infant formula is used to ensure nutrition for infants until weaning...Of these, from about 5 to 6 months after birthBaby FoodWill be used in combination with。「母子保健マニュアル」（改訂7版）では、乳児の1日の哺乳量を、0～2か月で780ml／日、３～５か月で780ml／日、6～8か月で600ml／日、9～11か月で450ml／日としている.
It should be used in place of milk in the latter half of the weaning period, not in the prepared milk powder that is given during the lactation period.iron,vitaminPrepared milk powder made by adding nutrients such as is called follow-up milk.(Follow-up milk).
According to the research results of McGovern Report, Type 1Diabetes mellitusIt has been found that children with and without the gene are weaned very quickly and fed with milk (infant formula) at an average 1-50% increased risk of developing type 60 diabetes. (1.5-1.6 times more risk than breastfeeding)
Infant formulaSpecial purpose foodMainly from birthweaningUntil the period赤ちゃん OfParentingMilk ingredients adjusted to be suitable for use (currently, each manufacturer sets the standard feeding period for infant formulas to 0-9 months).When we simply say "milk powder", we have a strong image of this powdered milk for childcare.The revision of the standardMinistry of Health, Labor and WelfareIs under the jurisdictionFood Sanitation ActIs an annex ofMilk ministerial ordinanceIt has been decided at.In addition, since it is a special-purpose food, its display items and contents areHealth promotionUnder the regulation ofConsumer Affairs AgencyIs under the control of.The following improvements have been made by studying the components of breast milk.
- Of proteincasein/albuminThe ratio and content are approximated to breast milk.
- Low chain compared to breast milksaturated fatty acidThere are manyMilk fatTheLinoleic acidな どunsaturated fatty acidOils and fats containinglard,Palm oilEtc.), and the ω3 / ω6 ratio is approximated to breast milk.
- Ministry of Health, Labor and WelfareIssuance guidelines "Japanese food intake standards"in accordance withvitamin,mineralThe content of the kind is adjusted.
- β-carotene,nucleotide,Taurine,EPA-registered household disinfectants,DHAIngredients that are considered to be beneficial for the development of babies are added.
- Made suitable for feeding during the weaning period after 9 months of ageFollow-up milkAlso a type of infant formula.Follow-up milk is traditionalBaby FoodOr generally givenmilkThen tend to run shortvitamin,mineralHas been strengthened.It is basically the same formula as infant formula, but the lipid: protein: carbohydrate ratio is closer to that of an adult diet.The former is technically called an infant formula.
- In addition to the above, consider allergies and use milk proteinsoyReplaced with protein, milk proteinpeptideTo酵素Products that have been decomposed to suppress allergies are also on sale.
- Although it is not generally sold on the market,Obstetrics and gynecologyUsed inLow birth weight infantsThere is also milk for use.
There is also milk powder for pregnant and lactating women, which is alsoSpecial purpose foodOne of thebirthBeforeBreastfeedingThe ingredients are adjusted for the purpose of nutritional intake of the mother during the period.calcium,ironEnhance, maternal andFetusIt is designed to help with nutritional support.
Comparison with breast milk
As a raw material for infant formulamilkからMilk fatWas removedSkimmed milk powder, Separated from milklactose,乳精powder,Milk fatThe main raw material is adjusted fats and oils that have a fatty acid composition closer to that of breast milk.vitamin,calcium,magnesium,potassium,copper,zinc,鉄Such asmineral,Breast milk oligosaccharide,Taurine,Sialic acid,β-carotene,γ-linolenic acid,Docosahexaenoic acid,nucleotideorRNAEtc.Nucleic acidRelated substances,PolyamineEtc., baby developmentImmunologyVarious necessary for adjustmentNutrientsIs compounded.Also, in other countries such as Europe and the United StatesArachidonic acidHas been added.
乳はprotein,mineralAlthough it is a nutritious food such asRaw milkIn the state ofcorruptionIt is very difficult to transfer and store because it is fast and has a large volume.Infant formulaWater activityThe storage stability is much better than that of raw milk because it is low and bacteria cannot grow.In addition, since the volume is reduced as compared with raw milk, it is highly convenient for storage and transportation.
When producing milk powder industrially, it is common to use a spray dryer...After sterilizing the raw milk by heating, it is concentrated and heated to 50 to 70 ° C, then atomized and sprayed in a drying chamber to dry it with heated air (180 to 200 ° C)..
The milk powder produced in the spray drying step has a small particle size and low hydration, so it is difficult to dissolve.In order to compensate for this drawback and improve consumer convenience, after spray drying, a small amount of water is given to the milk powder to separate the powders.GranuleIn many cases, a step called granulation (aggregation) is added to make it easier to dissolve by combining them in a shape.
how to use
Infant formula for childcare is for mothersBreastmilkIf the mother is infected with a disease that may cause mother-to-child transmission, when working or going out,NurseryIt is used when breast milk cannot be given, such as when the baby is deposited in.
Usually, melt it in hot waterbaby bottleFeed the baby using.
For milk preparation, soft water is desirable considering the digestive function of the baby and the characteristics of the prepared milk powder...Infants are immature because their kidney function is underdeveloped, so they are commercially available.Mineral waterIf you prepare milk with hard water like some products ofmineralOverdosekidneyMay cause indigestion.Mineral water # Precautions for milk preparationSee.
Use hot water to prepare milk.. Before 2007CelsiusIt is generally melted in hot water at a temperature of about 40-60 degrees.Electric potMany of them have a setting of 60 degrees for preparing milk.But even in dry powdered milkBacteriaCan survive (breeding is not possible)SterilizationTo dissolve in hot water over 70 degrees CelsiuswhoI recommend.Ministry of Health, Labor and WelfareThe 2005 notice recommends a method of preparing at around 80 ° C after boiling and then cooling to an appropriate temperature, being careful of burns..
Flow to invention
The first historical record is attributed to Marco Polo's writings on the Mongolian army during the 13th-century Kublai Khan era, according to which the Mongolian cavalry (Tatars) ate sun-dried supernatant milk for military use. It is described that it was like glue when water was added when eating.It seems that dry powder of mare milk or goat milk has been used for a long time among nomadic peoples whose diet is based on dairy products.In Russia, which has a close historical relationship with Tatar, powdered milk that is familiar to the present day will be born.
The modern milk formula production process was invented by Russian doctor O. Cliffsky in 1802, and the first commercial production was established in 1832 by Russian chemist M. Durikov. In 1855, TS Grimward of the United States obtained a patent for milk powder production, but since 1837, the United Kingdom's W. Newton has a patent for vacuum drying technology.Infant formula was invented in the 19th century..Until powdered milk was produced, it was difficult for babies who were unable to drink breast milk to survive..
Criticism of the infant formula industry
Since its invention, the demand for powdered milk has expanded, and the powdered milk industry has grown in response to this demand.Infant formula will be sold to mothers who produce breast milk.
From the 1960s to the 1970s, multinational companies in the milk powder industry sought to expand their sales channels to developing countries, but it was pointed out that this included unfair advertising and sales methods.[Annotation 1]..In addition, infant formula has significantly increased infant mortality in developing countries due to problems with water and food preservation hygiene. From around 1975, the World Health Organization (WHO) and others began warning of excessive dependence on infant formula..
In 1981, WHO and UNICEF established the "International Standards for the Sale and Distribution of Breast Milk Substitutes" (commonly known as the "WHO Code").[Annotation 2]Was adopted.. "Prohibition of selling breast milk substitutes in hospitals" "Prohibition of labeling that makes powdered milk ideal" "Stop providing free powdered milk to medical institutions and health facilities" "Using company-dispatched nutritionists / nurses" "Prohibition of sales promotion activities" is mentioned.
Regarding the sales strategy of multinational companies, it has the largest international share.NestleThe company has been criticized and a boycotts of Japanese culture has been underway since 1977. In 1984, Nestlé accepted the WHO code and stopped selling infant formula to hospitals, ending the boycotts of Japanese products... In 1988, it was discovered that Nestlé was distributing powdered milk free of charge at hospitals, and the boycotts of Japanese products resumed.(Nestle boycottSee).
History of infant formula in Japan
1917, Wakodo Pharmacy in Tokyo (laterWakodo[Annotation 3]) Manufactures "Kinomir" of sweetened full-fat milk powder..This is said to be Japan's first (childcare) powdered milk..Since then, various powdered milks have been manufactured and sold by each company, and some brands continue to the present day.
- 1921 --Japanese condensed milk (currentMorinaga Milk Industry) Started manufacturing "Morinaga Dry Milk"[Annotation 4].
- 1922Around-of the Food Research AssociationUmetaro SuzukiDeveloped "Patrogen" milk powder for childcare..For childcareOryzanin(Vitamin B1) Was added.
- 1923 --Tokyo Confectionery (currentMeiji[Annotation 5]) Started sales of "Patrogen".. Manufacturing rights are also transferred in 1932.
- 1951 - Snow Brand Milk Industry(CurrentlyBean Stark Snow Brand) Started manufacturing "Snow Brand Vita Milk" (later "Snow Brand Neo Milk").
- 1951 --Meiji Dairy Industry releases "Soft Card Meiji Kona Milk".
- 1955 --For powdered milkArsenicIs mixedMorinaga arsenic milk poisoning caseHappened.
- 1959 --In the Ordinance of the Ministry of Health and WelfareSugarAdded the standard of "specially prepared milk powder" that is closer to the composition of breast milk.
- 1962 --Nippon Weiss (currentIcleo[Annotation 6]) Launches "SMA Milk" (manufactured until 1989)Central milk production）[Annotation 7].
1980 eraSince then, based on the results of component analysis of breast milk, various trace components have been gradually added, and products with components as close as possible to breast milk have been produced.
- ^ In the latter half of 1970, in developing countries, infant formula manufacturers advertised that infant formula was better than breast milk, such as putting on a lab coat.This led to criticism that the sale of infant formula increased infant mortality, leading to a boycotts of Nestlé products, which had a 49% international share of infant formula.
- ^ International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk SubstitutesAlso known as "International Standards for Promotion of Breast Milk Substitutes" and "International Standards for Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes".
- ^ In 2017Asahi Group FoodAbsorbed by and dissolved, it survives as a brand name.
- ^ On another page of the Morinaga Milk Industry site, the production of "Morinaga Dry Milk" is set to start in 1920.
- ^ Tokyo sweets laterMeiji Confectionery..The dairy sector laterMeiji dairy industryBecomes
- ^ Japan WeissWeissJapanese corporation. The trade name was changed in 2000 and in 2001Ezaki GlicoBecome a subsidiary
- ^ "SMA Milk" is a product name developed by Weiss in 1913...Although it is mentioned as the "origin" on the current ICREO official website, History (chronological table) page does not give the product name of the Japanese Weiss era, but explains that "the first product in Japan that uses 100% lactose like breast milk to remove milk fat that is difficult for infants to digest and absorb.".. Since 2001, ICREO's products have been sold under names such as "ICREO's Balanced Milk"..
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j "Guidelines for disaster countermeasures to protect pregnant women and infants”. Tokyo Metropolitan Health and Welfare Bureau. 2019/6/8Browse.
- ^ a b "Food, Agriculture and Rural Policy Council 32nd Livestock Hygiene Subcommittee Reference Material 1 Recent Situation of Livestock Hygiene Divided Edition 2”. Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries. 2019/6/8Browse.
- ^ "Guidelines for Safe Preparation, Preservation and Handling of Infant Milk Powder" World Health Organization, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2007
- ^ a b c "Artificial milk". Chiezou mini (Koto bankCollection). 2018/3/28Browse.
- ^ Marion Nestle, Food Politics-Obese Society and Food Industry, 2005.ISBN 978-4-7885-0931-3.. 179 pages.
- ^ Marion Nestle, Food Politics-Obese Society and Food Industry, 2005.ISBN 978-4-7885-0931-3.. 181-page 183.
- ^ a b Marion Nestle, Food Politics-The Obese Society and the Food Industry, 2005.ISBN 978-4-7885-0931-3.. 188 pages.
- ^ a b "History of Wakodo Milk”. Asahi Group Foods. 2018/3/28Browse.
- ^ "History”. Morinaga Milk Industry. 2018/3/28Browse.
- ^ "Morinaga's history of milk”. Morinaga Milk Industry. 2018/3/28Browse.
- ^ a b "History of Food Research Society III. Umetaro Suzuki era”. General Incorporated Foundation. 2018/3/28Browse.
- ^ a b c "History of Meiji powdered milk”. Meiji Co., Ltd. 2018/3/28Browse.
- ^ a b "History”. Meiji Co., Ltd. 2018/3/28Browse.
- ^ "Company history”. Central milk production. 2018/3/28Browse.
- ^ a b "What is ICREO infant formula?”. ICREO Co., Ltd. 2018/3/28Browse.
- ^ a b "Company history”. ICREO Co., Ltd. 2018/3/28Browse.
- Marion Nestle "Food Politics-Obesity Society and the Food Industry" Translated by Makiko Miyake and Mariko Suzuki, Shinsyusha, 2005.ISBN 978-4-7885-0931-3.. food politics, 2002 (Use Public Relations-Powdered Milk or Breast Milk, 179-194 pages)