Students who are given photo questions and answer sheets and are waiting for the start of the exam = 25th, Nishihara Town, Ryukyu University
Students taking entrance exams such as Ryukyu University, wearing masks and looking nervous
If you write the contents roughly
At Ryukyu University in Nishihara Town, a total of 994 people volunteered for the capacity of 2981 in the previous term, and the ratio was 3.0 times.
The first half of the 2021 national and public university general entrance examination has started on the 25th.In the prefecture, Ryukyu University, Meio University, Prefectural Nursing University, ... → Continue reading
Okinawa Times + Plus
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Okinawan dialectNishi is a word that means "north", and Nishihara isRyukyu KingdomWas the center ofShuriIt is derived from being located in the north of. When it was called Nishihara Magiri, the current Tomari, Ameku, Sueyoshi, and Ishimine were also included in the Magiri, which occupied a fairly wide area, but was later incorporated into Naha City, and almost in 1920. It became the area as it is now.
19445Than,Japanese armyThe construction of "Okinawa East Airfield (Onaha Airfield)" was started at the reclaimed land in the Gulf, but it was abandoned during the construction. afterwardsU.S. ArmyRequisitioned by, used as Nishihara Airfield, but later returned, nowoilIt is a refinery, a residential area, a sugar cane field, etc. Therefore, there are no US military facilities in the town. In addition, it should be notedBattle of OkinawaIt is said that half of the inhabitants have died.
Before the war, rice cultivation was the main focus, but after the war, the sugar cane industry developed, andsugar caneBecame a famous production area ofShin Chutoh SangyoThe largest in the South Central Coast owned bySugar makingThere was a factory (now dismantled and on the siteSan-A Nishihara CityIs open).
The only one in the prefecture in the townNational universityIsUniversity of the RyukyusBegan to be privateOkinawa Christian University,Okinawa Christian Junior CollegeThe three universities are located in the town, and the town is known as a "town of education."
In addition, the Nakagusuku Bay Port Marine Town Project is being implemented in the area that straddles Yonabaru Town, and new land development is underway.
There used to be a merger plan with Nishihara Town, Ginowan City, and Nakagusuku Village, and a council was established, but it became blank in 2003.
Located on the east coast of central Okinawa Island.
List of characters
- Higashizaki (Agarisaki)
- Administrative districts include Nishihara Heights.
- Uehara- Ryukyu University HospitalLocation of. It used to be a pine forest.
- Administrative districts include prefectural Uchima housing complexes.
- Onaga-It used to be peeled off.
- Administrative districts include Sakata, Sakata Heights, and Sakata high-rise housing.
- Onaha-A industrial park is set up facing Nakagusuku Bay.
- Gaja-The resident population is 3,312 (as of 2012)[Source required].
- Administrative districts include Misaki.
- Administrative districts include Kochi Heights and Kochi High-rise Housing.
- The administrative district includes Nishiharadai housing complex.
- Administrative districts include the prefectural Nishihara housing complex and Kobazu housing complex.
- Chihara (Senbaru)- 1933Separated from Tanabaru.
- Tanabaru- 1737ToUrasoe MagiriTransferred from (currently Urasoe City).
- Tokusada-Originally part of Tanabaru1932Separated into.
- Administrative districts include Hirasono.
- Before the war, there were villages of Nakaiho, Iho Nohama, and Sakihara, but the land was requisitioned as the US military Nishihara airfield and the villages disappeared. Residents of these three villages moved to the site of the Prefectural Agricultural Experiment Station in Gaja around 1947.
- Naha(1954Until DecemberShuri City）
- Urasoe City(1970Urasoe Village until June)
- Ginowan City(1962Until June, Ginowan Village)
- Haebaru Town(1980Haebaru Village until March)
- Yonabaru Town(1949Until MayOsato Village）
- Nakagusuku Village
|Population distribution by age in Nishihara Town and the whole country (2005)||Population distribution by age and gender in Nishihara Town (2005)|
■Green-All over Japan
Changes in the population of Nishihara Town (corresponding area)
|Ministry of Internal Affairs and CommunicationsStatistics Bureau CensusThan|
According to the "Ryukyu Kingdom Research Book" at the beginning of the 17th century, Nishihara MagiriTsukenAnd so on, it was wider than it is now.
- 1896May 4: Due to the township system, Nishihara Magiri was transferred from Nakagami to Nakagami as it is (Nakagami was originally from Nakagami).
- 1906May 10: Part of Nishihara Magiri Taira Village and Ishimine Village is Shuri Ward (currently:Naha).
- 1908April 4: Due to the island town and village system, Nishihara Magiri becomes Nishihara Village.
- 1920: The village of Ishimine and Sueyoshi was transferred to Shuri Ward (currently Naha City). It has become almost the current area.
- 1929 - 1932: Nine characters are newly established.
- 1944May 5: Construction of Okinawa East Airfield started (later abandoned).
- 19456 : Battle of OkinawaDied about half of the inhabitants. The site of Okinawa East Airfield was requisitioned by the US military. It will be built as Nishihara Airfield.
- 1959: US Army Nishihara Airfield is returned.
- 1975April 4: Some areas near the border of Naha City are incorporated into Naha City.
- 1979April 4: The town system is enforced and it becomes Nishihara Town.
- 1979:University of the RyukyusMoved from Shuri, Naha City (laterAffiliated hospitalMoved from Yogi, Naha City, and newlyAttached elementary schoolとJunior high schoolWill be newly established).
- 1987May 10 : Okinawa Expressway(Between Ishikawa and Naha) opens.
- 1989 : Okinawa Christian Junior CollegeMoved from Shuri, Naha City.
- 2000May 6 : Naha Airport Expressway(Nanfuhara Road) opens, connecting the Expressway to Kyoda on the Okinawa ExpresswayNishihara JCTWas newly established (the first junction (JCT) between highways in Okinawa Prefecture).
- 2003May 10: Largest store in townSan-A Nishihara CityOpened.
- 2007May 4 : Nishihara Marine Park(Seaside Park) opens.
Unusual even on a nationwide scaleSection to do immediatelyWas installed. (Until March 22, 3)
Nishihara Town Council
- Constant: 19 people (LDP1,Fairness1,Communist1,Corporate citizen1, Life Du Treasure! Ryukyu Self-determination Right Association 1,Independent14)
- Term:2018May 9~2022May 9
A company headquartered in Nishihara Town
- Ishikawa Shuzojo
- Kinshu Group
- Shin Chutoh Sangyo Co., Ltd.(The former company name was Chubu Sugar Co., Ltd., but now it is a sugar manufacturing business.Tomigusuku City OfShonan SugarTransferred to)
- Okiko Co., Ltd.(Okinawa's largest bakery company. It also manufactures noodles.)
- Nansei Oil Co., Ltd.(No. 2005 in sales in the prefecture from 2008 to 1.Solar oil(Under umbrella)
- National University CorporationUniversity of the Ryukyus
- School corporationOkinawa Christian UniversityOkinawa Christian University-Okinawa Christian Junior College
Junior high school
- Nishihara Municipal Nishihara Junior High School
- Nishihara Municipal Nishihara Higashi Junior High School
- National University CorporationUniversity of the Ryukyus Faculty of Education Junior High School
- National University CorporationRyukyu University Faculty of Education Elementary School
Other educational institutions
- Okinawa Belief Bible School
- Okinawa congregationPreacherDedicated to pre-school and extra curricular
There is no railway line in Nishihara Town, and the nearest station to Honmachi is in the neighboring Urasoe City.Okinawa city monorail line OfTedako Urani Station(-Uranishi-eki).Tedako-Uranishi Station and the same line in Naha CityShuri StationYou can transfer to the local bus bound for Honmachi from (Shuri-eki). Previously,Prefectural Road 29There was a plan to extend it to Honmachi along the line, but it is gone now. There is also a plan to extend from Tedako-Uranishi Station to Honmachi.
Before the war, the carriage railroad connecting Yonabaru and Awase (Okinawa orbit) Was passing through the town. But,Battle of OkinawaIt was destroyed by, and now it is not possible to see its appearance.
Currently, we are considering the construction of the Chubu Ring Road (iron track) with the surrounding local governments.
Bus companies that mainly operate in Nishihara TownNaha busとToyo BusIs. As a starting and ending point in the townNaha Bus Nishihara Sales OfficeRyudai Parking Lot (Ryukyu University North Exit), and several routes that start and end there. Also,Naha OfNaha Bus TerminalからAwaseIt is also a stopover for routes going in the direction,National Route 329Is operating.Okinawa ExpresswayThere is also a highway bus that runs through, and there is a "Kochi" bus stop in the town.
The above Tedako-Uranishi station is within a distance that allows you to transfer from the Kochi bus stop.
For a while, there was a line called No. 102 Nishihara Futenma Line, but it was abolished when the business was transferred to Naha Bus in 2004 (this line was once the Airport Children's Country Line → Airport Futenma Line, but the last Was shortened to Nishihara and abolished).
Incidentally,2008May 9からMay 11During that time, a Nishihara-cho shared taxi / bus demonstration experiment was conducted. Unlike the demonstration experiments conducted in other cities in the prefecture (Naha City, Okinawa City, etc.), jumbo taxis were used instead of general route bus vehicles. There was also a small bus running during the morning rush hour. The route started from Nishihara Marine Park, passed through Nishihara Town Office, Kohatsu housing complex, and Ikeda district, and reached Shuri Station. Currently not in service.
In addition, Nakagusuku village community bus "Gosamaru BusIs entering the Heart Life Clinic at the Ryudai North Exit in Nishihara Town.
The operating company "Ryukyu" in the table below is Ryukyu Bus Kotsu, and "Okinawa" isOkinawa bus, "Naha" indicates Naha Bus, and "Toyo" indicates Toyo Bus. * BT = Bus Terminal
|number||Route name||Operating company||Service section||市町村||Main stopovers in Nishihara Town|
|Naha City ――Nishihara Town Center ――Various places|
|30||Awase East Line||Toyo||Naha BT - Awase Sales Office||Naha City-Haebaru Town-Yonabaru Town- Nishihara Town --Nakagusuku Village --Kitanakagusuku Village --Okinawa City||Nishihara, Uchima (Route 329)|
|125||Futenma Airport Line (via Nakagusuku)||Naha||Naha Airport - Rycom||Naha City-Urasoe City-Ginowan City- Nishihara Town --Nakagusuku Village --Ginowan City --Kitanakagusuku Village||Uehara|
|333||Naha Nishihara (via Sueyoshi) Line||Naha||Naha BT- Nishihara Sales Office||Naha City --Urasoe City - Nishihara Town||Nishihara Town Office, Nishihara, Nishihara Junior High School, Kochi Entrance|
|346||Naha Nishihara (via Toribori) Line||Naha City- Nishihara Town||Nishihara Town Office, Nishihara, Nishihara Junior High School, Kochi|
|Departure and arrival at Ryukyu University|
|94||Shuri Station Ryukyu Rapid Line||Naha||Shuri StationIn front-Ryukyu parking lot||Naha City- Nishihara Town--Nakagusuku Village - Nishihara Town||Tanabaru, Ryukyu University Hospital, Ryukyu Parking Lot|
|97||Ryudai (Shuri) Line||Naha BT-Ryudai North Exit||Naha City --Urasoe City - Nishihara Town--Nakagusuku Village --Ginowan City - Nishihara Town||Tanabaru, Ryukyu University Hospital, Uehara, Ryukyu Parking Lot|
|98||Ryudai (bypass) line||Ryukyu||Road Station Toyosaki-Ryukyu Parking Lot||Tomigusuku City --Naha City --Urasoe City --Ginowan City - Nishihara Town||Ryudai parking lot|
|Via Okinawa Expressway|
|Naha Airport- Nago BT||Naha City-Haebaru Town- Nishihara Town--Ginowan City --Nakagusuku Village --Kitanakagusuku Village --Okinawa City --Uruma City --Kin Town --Ginoza Village --Nago City||Kochi|
|117||Highway bus (direct to Churaumi)||Ryukyu|
|Naha Airport-Hotel Orion Motobu||Naha City-Haebaru Town- Nishihara Town--Ginowan City --Nakagusuku Village --Kitanakagusuku Village --Okinawa City --Uruma City --Nago City --Motobu Town|
|113||Gushigawa Airport Line||Ryukyu||Naha Airport- Gushigawa BT||Naha City-Haebaru Town- Nishihara Town--Ginowan City --Nakagusuku Village --Kitanakagusuku Village --Okinawa City --Uruma City|
|123||Ishikawa Airport Line||Naha Airport-Higashiyama Parking Lot|
|127||Yakena (Highway) Line||Okinawa||Asahimachi- Yakena BT|
|152||AEON MALL Okinawa Rycom (high speed) line||Ryukyu||Naha Airport-Rycom||Naha City-Haebaru Town- Nishihara Town--Ginowan City --Nakagusuku Village --Kitanakagusuku Village|
|233||Nishihara Tedako Line||Naha||Tedako Uranishi Station-Nishihara Sales Office||Urasoe City- Nishihara Town||Nishihara Town Office, Nishihara, Nishihara Junior High School|
|256||Urasoe Tedako Line||Ryukyu||In front of Toyosaki Chura SUN Beach-Tedako-Uranishi Station||Tomigusuku City --Naha City --Urasoe City - Nishihara Town --Urasoe City||Tokusada entrance|
|Kuba Ryudai Line||Higa Dermatology-In front of Chubu Commercial High School||It is a Nakagusuku village community bus and basically operates only in Nakagusuku village. There are also stops in Nishihara Town and Ginowan City.||Ryudai north exit|
|Ishu circuit line|
|Yoshinoura Hall (starting and ending points)||Ryudai North Exit, Heart Life Clinic|
- Okinawa Expressway
- Nishihara Junction(There is an entrance only in the direction of Naha Airport Expressway-Kuda)
- (Nishihara InterchangeUrasoe City, which is adjacent to the town, not in the townNishiharaIt is in. ConnectingNational Route 330Nishihara BypassDoes not pass through the town, but passes through Nishihara, Urasoe City)
- Naha Airport Expressway(National Highway 506 ・Haebaru Road）
- National Route 329
- Okinawa Prefectural Road No. 29 Naha Kitanakagusuku Line(Main local road）
- Okinawa Prefectural Road 38 Urasoe Nishihara Line(Main country path) * Because there are many barbers, it is also known as "Sanpachi-dori".
- Okinawa Prefectural Road 77 Itoman Yonahara Line(Main local road)
- Okinawa Prefectural Road No. 34 Ginowan Nishihara Line
- Okinawa Prefectural Road 155
- Okinawa Prefectural Road 241 Ginowan Haebaru Line
- Okinawa Prefectural Road No. 253 Uranishi Station Line
- Okinawa Prefectural Road No. 254 Kochi Inter Line
- Zip Code
- Urasoe Post Office: 903-01xx (general), 903-02xx (for large businesses)
- post office
- Nishihara Gaja Post Office
- Nishihara Sakata Post Office
- Nishihara Post Office
- Simple post office in the University of the Ryukyus Hospital
The Eastern Fire Department in Haebaru Town has jurisdiction over the three towns of Nishihara Town, Haebaru Town, and Yonabaru Town. The Nishihara branch office of the Eastern Fire Department (Onaga 3) is set up in Nishihara Town.
Located in UrasoeUrasoe Police StationHas jurisdiction. In addition, there are two police boxes in the town.
- Onaha police box (Kadekaru, Nishihara Town)
- Sakata police box (Nishihara Town Tanabaru)
Sights and historic sites
- Ota Auri - Pro baseball player(Yokohama DeNA Baystars）
- Tomochika Iha - Iwate Asahi TVannouncer
- Yoshiyuki Taira --Former Governor of Okinawa
- Sokenkata -Karate
- Ryuta Kobashikawa (Ibunka)-Comedian