The fastest pace ever "mountain accidents" surged Three points to protect your life even in the mountains around you [From Miyagi]
If you write the contents roughly
To prevent mountain accidents, stay alert in any familiar mountain.
"Protecting Life" featuring preparations for disasters.This time is "mountain accident".Elderly people who went out to pick edible wild plants for the past few years ... → Continue reading
"Sendai Broadcasting" (Fuji TV affiliate) news account. We will send you the latest news about Miyagi Prefecture.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
If you are in distress
Wikipedia is not a manualHowever, considering the possibility of viewing by victims in crisis situations, the minimum is described from the viewpoint of respect for human life.However,Use of Wikipedia information is at your own riskPlease note that.
In the field
- Distress signalTo use.
- Sound the whistle once every 10 seconds (or make some loud noise), and after 1 consecutive days, take a 6-minute break and repeat this.
- At night, it emits a light emitting signal with the same rhythm.
- Ask the police (110) for help on your mobile phone or smartphone.Give priority to contacting the police and do not waste the battery.
- After requesting rescue, it does not move and is in a place where mobile phones can be connected.
- シ ェ ル タ ーTo secure.
- It is better to have a place to protect yourself from the elements such as wind, rain, sunlight, heat, cold and dangerous animals.You can just put a rope between the trees, hang a cloth on it, or lean a branch with leaves.If it is not a volcanic area or a water passage, it is also effective to dig a hole and cover it with a branch.
- Securing food and water
- Basically, it's best to avoid hunger with sweets until rescue comes (although salty snacks are thirsty and should be stopped).
- 9% of mushrooms are not edible and have no calories, so it is better not to eat them.
- Don't eat wild grasses, bugs, fruits, or meat that you don't understand.
- Do not consume alcohol in cold regions.The reason why it feels warm is that the blood releases the core body temperature around the brain and heart to the surface of the body, and it warms up to the ends of the limbs, expanding the heat dissipation area and lowering the overall body temperature.As a result, the core body temperature has dropped to 35 ° C or less.HypothermiaBecomes the worst and freezes to death.
Maritime collision prevention lawUse the distress signal specified in Article 37, Paragraph 1.
Water accident-Marine accidentThen, when the rescuer goes to rescue, the rescuer may be exhausted and sunk, so floating technology is required.Back floatOr, using an air-filled PET bottle or bag, experts and the Japan Coast Guard are calling and instructing them to "float and wait!".
What is a mountain accident?(I.e.Refers to encountering life-threatening difficulties and dangers.In the mountains of Japan, many people are injured every year due to lost roads, slips, falls, injuries, sudden changes in the weather, avalanches, etc., and many people are killed.These can be seen regardless of the season.AlsoYatsugatake,Mt. ShiroumadakeIt is also happening in the popular mountains that have been maintained.The PopularJapan Northern AlpsIn particular, it is occurring in large numbers.
Individual distresses in mountain distresses are less widely reported than marine distresses[*1]However, the number is overwhelmingly larger than that of marine accidents, and in Japan alone, there are more than 2,000 mountain accidents and hundreds of dead and missing people every year, which is a very serious situation.
National Police AgencyAccording to the statistics of2018The number of mountain accidents that occurred in Japan in (30) was 2,661, and the number of victims was 3,129 (of which).Death-Missing 342 people, 1,201 injured, 1,586 rescued safely), the number of distresses and the number of victims was the highest since 1961 (Showa 36) when statistics began to be collected, and the number of climbersAgingAs a result, the number of cases increased by 2009%, the number of victims increased by 21%, and the number of dead and missing persons increased by 58.8% compared to 50.1 (Heisei 7.9).The prefecture with the highest number of cases was Nagano prefecture with 297 cases, the second place was Hokkaido with 2 cases, and the third place was Tokyo with 201 cases. Of the total number of distress cases of 3, 147% came from the distress site. It was a rescue request via a communication device such as a mobile phone or a radio. Of the number of mountain victims in 2,583, 78% were climbing, 4% were injured while picking edible wild plants and mushrooms, and by mode, 2018% lost their way, 74.0% slipped, and 12.3% fell. It was.Looking at the number of victims by age group, 37.9% are over 17.4 years old and 15.0% are over 40 years old. Of these, 78.5% are over 60 years old and 50.5% are over 40 years old. Occupied.In addition, the percentage of people who are dead or missing when they are distressed during multiple actions is 95.0%, while the percentage of people who are dead or missing when they are distressed alone is 60%. Has been found to be likely to have fatal consequences.
There are many possible causes of distress, but the main ones are:
- Climbing.Normalcy bias, Arrogant attitude.
- Failure / lack of in-depth mountain surveys that should be done before climbing.
- Inadequate equipment that should be prepared before climbing.
- Failure / lack of physical and strength training to climb the target mountain, which should be done before climbing(= Reckless challenge to the mountain beyond your physical strength).
- Before climbingEur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.euInsufficient investigation.
- Lack of reading map ability..Non-carrying map.
- Unreasonable action plan in the first place.
- Lack or lack of leadership and followership.
- get lost.
- (Sprains, etc.) Actions are delayed due to nothing, and it is not possible to proceed on time, and the sunset is reached in the mountains (the flashlight is also uncarried) and it becomes stuck..
- (Many of them die instantly).
- avalancheLack of knowledge for prevention and avoidance.
- Weather mapBeing fooled by the phenomenon of not checking properly, which is a phenomenon in which the weather becomes fine for a short time between bad weather and misleads the climber.
- Falling rocks(Lack of consideration to prevent rockfall. Delay in avoidance when rockfall occurs).
- Lightning(Because it is expected that you will encounter lightning, but you do not stop climbing or evacuate properly).
- (For skiers) Ski in areas where skiing is prohibited, outside the designated area of the ski resort. (BackcountrySkiing (Mountain ski)・Backcountry snowboard）
A distress that is judged to be related to the weather or the main factor is "Meteorological distressIt is classified as.Basically, it is necessary to confirm the weather forecast and weather map in advance.Listen to the radio etc. yourselfWeather mapIt is desirable to be able to draw, and it is necessary to grasp and predict the weather of the mountain to be climbed or climbed by using the weather map drawn by oneself.Even after entering the mountain, it is necessary to collect weather information using radio, etc., and in some cases, interrupt the plan and descend the mountain.As a specific exampleMt. Tomuraushiyama distress accidentand so on.
Incidentally,Pseudo fine weatherNeed attention.The weather improves only for a short time between bad weatherThe name comes from the illusion that the weather has turned out to be fine.It is a phenomenon seen on the Sea of Japan side in winter, and it does not last long and the weather becomes rough soon.There have also been reports of distresses caused by mistaken pseudo-good weather for continuous good weather and decided to climb a mountain.
The distress caused by slipping downSliding distress".Stepping off and slipping down, oftendeadDirectly connected to.Hard on the wayrockThere is a great risk of death if you hit something like this, or if you fall a few hundred meters or more, and even if the fall distance is short, you may hit your head and die.Standing upRidge, Mountain trails on steep slopes, wet rocksYukieBe especially careful when walking.Even those who are going to rescue the slipper may slide down and a secondary distress may occur.
By suddenly twisting my legSprainHowever, if walking becomes difficult, you will not be able to move to a safe place and you will be exposed to harsh weather, which may be life-threatening, so be prepared to survive even if that happens. There is a need.
It is necessary to learn in advance how to avoid getting caught in an avalanche.Detail isavalancheSee.
As a countermeasure against distress that can be done in advance when climbing a mountain, first of all, do not treat the mountain, specifically secure experienced people to accompany it, and not only that, but also each person should thoroughly conduct a preliminary survey. Also, each person should bring the necessary equipment and train their physical strength in advance.
Basically, after securing at least one (preferably multiple) mountain experienced people in the group, the leaders will investigate the destination in advance and inform the members of the information and necessary equipment. ..It is necessary to select a mountain that suits your ability, and in Nagano Prefecture, Japan, under the supervision of 1, a typical mountaineering route (2014 routes) in the snowless season and in good weather, compared to the general mountaineering route. ) Was evaluated based on the physical strength and difficulty level ("Grading of Mt. Shinshu")..
Each member has basic knowledgeTopographic mapandWeather mapHow to read, first aid (mainly for mountaineering, simpleHemostasisLaw,fractureof timeSplintHow to guessCardiopulmonary resuscitationEtc.) must be acquired.Since it is difficult to learn by yourself, it is desirable to hold a learning meeting in advance.If possible, each person should investigate past cases of distress and deepen their awareness of the factors, countermeasures, and survival methods.[*3].
Each one is sure to be enough even in the summerWinter clothesBring your own, for the mountains (also as winter clothes)Rain wearBring enoughBehavioral dietandEmergency foodCarrying a mobile phone is a basic distress measure.Mountains are cooler and windier than flatlandsExperience temperatureIs low and is deprived of body temperature every moment (when walking stops).If you don't have enough warm clothes, it's easyHypothermiaFall into.
HypothermiaThen, when the body temperature reaches 35 degrees, the brain function deteriorates, the judgment becomes abnormal, and at 34 degrees or less, even the left and right of the foot cannot be grasped and it becomes impossible to move, and death occurs at around 32 degrees.When the body cools, it generates heat due to tremors, but the limit point is around 35 degrees, and when it gets colder, the tremors of the body subside to warm the internal organs, but the cold blood flow on the body surface circulates inside. The decrease in body temperature accelerates, causing a decrease in visceral function faster than expected.Avoidance of hypothermia requires adequate warm clothing and fever generation by ingesting behavioral diets.
In the event of a distress, it is likely that you will have to endure low temperatures until dawn, welcoming the night without moving.Even in the middle of summer, the temperature is extremely low at night, and in the Northern Alps and Mt. Fuji, etc.Below freezingIt also becomes.Winter clothes are essential to survive in a mountain accident.Disposable body warmerAlso helps a little.In addition, even if you are planning a day trip, as a measure against distress (aluminum-deposited vinyl heat-retaining sheet that wraps your body)ZeltCarrying one of the (simple tents) can save your life in the event of an emergency.
Action food / emergency food (emergency food) for mountaineeringチ ョ コ レ ー ト,candy,BiscuitEtc.) is also a must-have.It is often the case that life or death depends on whether or not you carry this with you.
otherFirst aidCarrying equipment may also help.
At the time of mountain climbing and after mountain climbing
Notification of entry in advance or at the time of entry (Mountain climbing plan..If you submit an action plan (declaration of the equipment you brought) (mostly put it in the post next to the entrance of the mountain trail), you can understand the route and equipment that you would have followed in the event of a distress and deal with it. It will be easier.
If it is expected that the temperature will drop, avoid hypothermia by wearing warm clothing as soon as possible.If the temperature and body temperature drop too low, it will be difficult to even wear warm clothes, so increase the amount of warm clothes on the inside as soon as possible.
In situations where leaders are required to make a decision to move forward or backward,Courageous withdrawalIs the most important point in avoiding distress.There are data showing that men have a higher rate of distress than women in mountain accidents.Men are impatient because they want to be unreasonable, while women are cautious and tenacious, which is effective in preventing mountain accidents..
What to do in case of distress
If you find yourself or your party in distress or have already been distressed, calm down and calm down.パ ニ ッ クIt is important to avoid.In many cases in the past, even in the same situation, the survival rate is higher if the self and surrounding conditions are calmly and deposited.
When acting in multiples, basically a predetermined and experienced leader is responsible for making decisions.Human life must be a top priority and close attention should be paid to individual, especially vulnerable members.If you have an experienced sub-leader at your party, you can also collaborate to organize information and make decisions with wisdom.Decisions need to be shared with everyone so they can work together.When each person acts separately, the difficulty increases and everyone is in danger of life.
In the event of any serious difficulty (extreme stormy weather, member injuries, slips, rockfalls, etc.), the entire party will often stop walking, reducing momentum and beginning to cool.If you have extra winter clothes, wear them early andHypothermiaTo avoid.AlsoBehavioral dietPut some in your mouth and use the calories to raise your body temperature.
There can be various situations, but it is generally said that you should not move forward in the event of a distress.However, the situation[*4]Do not hesitate to request rescue if deemed necessary by..Delays in making rescue requests tend to make things worse.
If you receive a rescue request, the policeMountain guardAnd firefightingMountain rescue teamIs in charge of the local mountaineering clubFire brigade,Japan Air Self-Defense Force,Japan Ground Self-Defense ForceOften with the help of.In some prefecturesFirefighting disaster prevention helicopterWe have realized quick rescue by searching from the sky and transporting the victims.
However, in stormy weather and at nighthelicopterCan't fly.Depending on the terrain, the helicopter may not be able to approach due to turbulence of the air flow.
In Nagano prefecture, which has the Northern Alps, rescue workers are stationed because of many distresses..
Searches for public institutions such as the fire department, police, and the Self-Defense Forces were carried out with taxes, so they were not charged to themselves or their families, but in April 2017,SaitamaPasses an ordinance requiring self-pay for rescue dispatch by helicopter..In the future, there is a possibility that the presence or absence and degree of burden on the victim side will differ depending on the local government.On the other hand, if you ask a private organization to dispatch, the daily allowance is 3 to 10 yen per person, and if you use a private helicopter, it costs about 1 yen per hour regardless of whether the victim has been found or not. Later, a large amount of money will be charged to the person and his / her family.
"" Can compensate for (a part of) the above-mentioned expenses.insuranceAlthough the name varies from company to company, it often exists in the form of a travel disability insurance option.[Source required]..One day triptrekkingThere is also hiking insurance that can be thrown away.
In Japan, the number of cases of distress during the mountain climbing boom since 1960 is increasing.A large distress monument is now standing in the mountains.For this reason, there was a movement to put together the distress monuments in one place at Mt. Tanigawa.1974,Ministry of the EnvironmentIs in the mountainsCologneInstructed national park management offices nationwide to remove all but the minimum necessary, and this instruction will include a large distress monument similar to Cologne, so the construction of the distress monument will be restrained. Was to be.
Examples of major accidents in the mountains
- Hakkoda Snow March Distress Case (1902)
- Mt. Kiso Komagatake Mass Distress Accident (1913)
- Nylon Zile Incident (1955)
- Heavy snowfallbyMt. YakushidakeAtAichi University Mountain Club Mt. Yakushidake Accident (1963)
- Satsunai River Junotsawa Hokkaido University Mountain Club Distress Case (1965)
- Mt. Nishi Hotakadake lightning accident (1967)
- Mt.Fuji mass accident (1972)
- Mt. Karamatsudake Zushi Kaisei High School Mountaineering Accident (1980)
- Mount GonggaDistress accident (1982) - Hironari MatsudaDetailed in his book "The Survival of the Miracle of Miniya Conca".
- Tateyama middle-aged mass distress accident (1989)
- Accident in the Azuma mountain range (1994)
- 1996 Everest mass distress
- Mt. Tomuraushiyama distress accident (2009)
- 2012 Mt. Shiroumadake mass distress accident
- 2014 Mt. Ontake eruption --StatisticallyNatural disastersIt is treated.
- Everest avalanche due to the 2015 Nepal earthquake
- Nasu avalanche accident(2017）
Items related to mountain accidents
- Mountain guard(police)
- Mountain rescue team (fire department)
- Mountain rescue ranger unit
- Air rescue team(Japan Air Self-Defense Force）
- Amateur radio
- Yamaza identification
- Mountain hut
- Forest basic map
- Helicopter emergency
- Ring wandering
Mountain distress related books
- Osamu Haneda "Mountain Climbing: Is Your Climbing OK?』<Heibonsha Shinsho>,2010.ISBN 978-4-582-85506-7.
Marine distress is stormy weather, collision with natural objects,Aground,organ Ofmalfunction,otherShipWithcollisionThis refers to a situation in which a ship loses its ability to navigate safely on its own and needs rescue.Temporary danger avoidance behavior is usually not included (evacuation).Besides shipssubmarineAccidents are also included.
Generally, it is said that "mountain accidents are expensive to search, and marine accidents are not expensive".This is because there is a limit to what the private sector can do compared to the mountain accident, and it is for searching.Fishing boatThis is because even if you rent a private vessel, you will be covered by the marine accident search clause that is included in advance in the "fishing boat insurance" and "marine leisure boat insurance" that you always take out when you own the boat.
Cases drifting after a distress
Before modern times
The order of "year and month of distress (old calendar for pre-modern times), place", "ship name (type)", "days drifting", "thirst survivor", and "number of survivors"
- Tenpyo Katsuho5 years(753)September:East China Sea, 12thEnvoyFirst ship,Annan OfNghe(Current:Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.euNghe An Province) Drifting nearby.Many of the crew are killed,Kiyokawa Fujiwara,Abe NakamaroAre alive,Chang'anReturn to.
- astronomicalAugust 12, 8 (Julian calendar)1543September 9): East China Sea, Ming dynasty ship (Junk ship),TanegashimaDrifted in Nishinoura Bay. (Traditional gun）
- Bunroku5 years(1596) July: East China Sea,スペイン OfSan Felipe(San-Felipe Galleon), After 3 months of driftingShikokuTosukuni(Current:Kochi) Drifting.Survivors in May of the following yearManilaReturn to.
- Keicho5 years(1600)September:The Pacific OceanUp, Netherlands OfLeaf De(De Liefde Fluyt),Keicho5 years(1600) January 3Bungo(Current:Oita) Drifting.Of the 110 crew members, 24 survived.Of the crewJan Yosten(Jan Joosten)William Adams(William Adams) remains in Japan.
- Keicho 14 years (1609) September 9: Over the Pacific Ocean, SpainSan Francisco(373 crew members on the San Francisco galleon), due to a stormKazusaOnjuku coast(Current:ChibaIsumi-gunOnjuku Town) Drifting.Rodrigo de Bibello(Rodrigo de Vivero y Aberrucia) and other 317 survivors were on November 11th of the following year.Nueva Espana OfAcapulcoReturn to.
- Kanbun7 years(1667) April 11:Enshu Nada,Bensai Ship(15 crew members), one month later on December 1thBatan IslandsDrifted to.15 crew members are indigenousslaveTwo people were killed and two peopleMissingIn addition, one person remained in the Batan Islands.The remaining 1 escaped the Batan IslandsClear countryAfter 10 years of Kanbun (1670)In MayGoto IslandsReturn to.
- Kanbun 10 (1670) January 1: Enshu Nada, Bezaisen (6 crew members), drifting at the end of a month and a halfOgasawara IslandsHahajimaDrifted to.During the drift, he overcame hunger with mandarin oranges and rice.ChoemonThe six survivors built a ship and escaped the island on their own, on April 6th.Izu Islands OfHachijojimaReturn to.
- Enpo8 years(1680) May 5: 17 fishermen from the East China Sea, fishing boats and the Batan IslandsHyuga country(Current:Miyazaki) Drifting.Eighteen people, excluding five who died of illness, were sent to Nagasaki and boarded a Dutch ship in September.BataviaSent to.
- Genroku8 years(1695) November: Bezaisen over the Pacific Ocean, after about 11 months of drifting, 6 survivorsKamchatka PeninsulaDrifted to. 13 people then fell apartDenbeiOnly one in russiaVladimir Atlasov(Vladimir Atlasov) Protected by the expedition.
- MeiwaNew Year (1764) April 10:Kashima Nada, Isemaru (20 crew members of Bezaisen), cargo during driftingKelpOvercome hunger with the fish caught, and two months later, on New Year's Day in the 2th year of the Horeki (14)MindanaoDrifted to.Survivors become indigenous slaves and scatter,SontaroOnly oneMeiwa8 years(1771)In MayNagasakiReturn to.
- Tenmei2 years(1782) December: Enshu Nada, Shinsho Maru (12 crew members of Bezaisen), overcame hunger with rice and fish caught while drifting, 16 months later, Tenmei 8 (3 years after Tenmei)1783) January 7Aleutian Islands OfAmchitka IslandDrifted to.However, one of the 16 crew members died during the drift, then six on Amchitka Island and three on Amchitka Island.Petropavlovsk, 1 personIrkutskDied of illnessShinzo2 peopleロシアRemained in.Then one personNemuroI died of illness and was able to return to my hometownKotaro DaikokuyaOnly 2 people with.
- 5th year of Tenmei (1785) January: Off Tosa, 1 stone boats (300 crew members), in the Izu IslandsTorishimaAfter being washed ashore, two people died in Torishima,Chohei NomuraOnly survived and returned home 13 years later.
- Kansei5 years(1793) December 12: Kashima Nada, Wakamiyamaru (2 crew members of Bezaisen), overcame hunger with loaded rice and caught fish while drifting, Kansei 16 years after 7 months (6 months later)1794) On May 5th, it was washed ashore on an island in the eastern part of the Aleutian Islands.Of the 10 crew members, one is the Aleutian Islands and one isIrkutskDied of illnessZenroku10 of them remained in Russia, so they returned to their hometowns.TsudayuOnly 4 people.
- Enjoyment3 years(1803) April 11:Kazusa(Current:Chiba）Kujukuri beachOki, Keisho Maru (13 crew members of Bezaisen), rice and cargo while driftingcodOvercome hunger, 7 months latercultureNew Year (1804) January 7Kuril IslandsHorokajima IslandIt was washed ashore in Higashiura.Of the 13 crew members, 7 died during drifting but survived.TsugeemonThe six of them went through Petropavlovsk in July of the 6rd year of culture (3).Etorofu IslandReturned to.
- 10 years of culture (1813): Enshu-nada, Enshu-nada (13 Bezaisen crew members), overcame hunger with cargo of rice and caught fish during drifting, but 10 people died during drifting and survived.Oguri Jukichi3 people drifted on the 484th dayCaliforniaSanta BarbaraHe was rescued off the coast by the British merchant ship Horseton. 3 peopleAlaska, Petropavlovsk to Etorofu Island, but one died of illness and only two were able to return home..
- 1820May 11:South PacificSouth AmericaOffshore Touhou 2000Miles(3700Kilometers),America Of(Essex Whaling ship 21 crew members), while drifting, the food in the cargo overcame hunger, but eventually the food was exhausted.CarnibalIt came to.After the sinking, the party boarded three boats andUninhabited islandIsHenderson IslandI headed for the South American continent, but it was scattered by the ocean current. One was missing,CaptainThe boat under the command of (George Pollard) was rescued by an American whaler near the South American continent on the 93rd day of drifting, and was the chief officer.The boat under the command of (Owen Chase) drifts on the 89th dayチリ OfMass a Tierra Island[Link correction required]He was rescued by a British whaler in the sea.Of the remaining sailors on Henderson Island, three were later rescued.Finally aliveNantucketOnly 8 people were able to return to.2015ToFilm adaptationWas done.
- Tempo3 years(1832) October: Enshu-nada, Hojunmaru (10 Bezaisen crew members), survived hunger with cargo of rice and caught fish during drifting, but 13 died during driftingOtokichiThe three of them are in Tenpo 3 years after 14 months (1834)In MayNorth America OfCape FlatteryIt drifts nearby.After that, the three became indigenous slaves,The United Kingdom OfHudson bay companyProtected byHawaiian Islands,UK,MacauThroughRyukyuSent to, and piggybacked on the Morrison here, but shortly afterMorrison caseCould not return to Japan due to the occurrence of.
- Tenpo 12 years (1841): Off Tosa, fishing boat (5 crew members), drifted to Torishima at the end of 5 and a half days, and 5 people spent 143 days here.afterwards,AmericaRescue by a whaling ship, 5 people from HawaiiHonoluluWill be sent to, but of the 5John ManjiroOnly with the captain of the whalerMainland americaWent to.
- Kaei4 years(1851) April 10:Kii PeninsulaDaiozakiOki, Eikimaru (17 crew members of Bezaisen), after two months of drifting,MinamitorishimaRescue by the American ship Oakland offshore.Of the 17 crew membersHikozo Hamada,Sentaro13 people later returned to Japan.
Since modern times
- 1871(Meiji4) April 11:Ryukyu KingdomKerama IslandsOffshore, Yanbaru ship, 64 survivors on November 11thTaiwanIt drifts to Hachiyo Bay in the southeast, but on November 11thNative TaiwanesePaiwanMany are killed by.12 survivors. (Miyakojima Islander Accident）
- 1926(Taisho15 years) December: Chiba PrefectureChoshiOki, "Ryoei Maru(Fishing boat) ”, drifted in the North Pacific for 11 months,SeattleFound offshore.All crew members died.
- 1943(Showa18) April 8:Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.euNew GeorgiaOki,(Torpedo boat),Japanese Navy OfDestroyerAmagiCollided with and sank, 10 survivorsCasolo IslandHe swam to and was rescued six days later.The captain of PT6 isJohn F. KennedyIs.
- 1943(Showa 18) December: Off the coast of Cape Shiretoko, HokkaidoHikarigoke incident(The incident was discovered the following year)
- 1956(Showa 31) August: ChinaNorth SeaOki, Hoei Maru (Fishing boat), Moved to a raft and drifted for 14 days, 2 survivors.
- 1968(43) February:WakayamaOki, Daiichi Taishomaru (Tuna(Fishing boat), 13 survivors who moved to a lifeboat and drank rainwater.
- 1970(Showa 45) August: Off the coast of Choshi, Chiba Prefecture, Maruwa Maru (fish carrier), drifting for 8 days,Flying fishThree survivors who ate one animal separately.
- 1972(47) February:フィリピンOffshore, No. 7 Ryosei Maru (tuna fishing boat), moved to a raft and drifted for 18 days, 2 survivors.
- 1985(60) February:KarafutoOffshore, 71st day Higashimaru (bottom fishing boat), moved to lifeboat,SeagullI caught and ate.Drifting 16 days, 3 survivors.
- 1992(Heisei4 years) July:Ogasawara IslandsChichijimaOki, "Toyoko Cup Japan Guam Yacht Race '92"Participating inヨ ッ ト"Taka", capsized while sailing, one died of water, the remaining sixLife raftEscaped, 5 people died weakly on the way,BoobiesI caught it twice and ate it.Drifting 2 days (27/1991 / 12-30 / 1992/1),AustraliaOn the way toFreighterWas rescued by.1 survivor[*5].. FurtherJapan Marine Technology College"Marine Marine", who had participated in the race since then, was also distressed and sank.8 crew members dead or missing, 2 rescued..Japan Ocean Sailing Association (currentlyJapan Sailing Federation) The worst disaster in history.
- 1994(6) April:フィリピンOffshore, Daiichi Hoei Maru (tuna fishing boat), moved to a life raft and caught seabirds.Drifting 37 days, 9 survivors.
- August 1994:Izu IslandsHachijojimaOffshore, Shuten-doji (yacht), drifting 92 days,PET bottlesI turned it upside down and collected the night dew and drank it.1 survivor[*6].
- 1996(8) August: Chiba PrefectureInubozakiOffshore, No. 3 Miyamaru (tuna fishing boat), drifted for 46 days, and ate fish as sashimi.1 survivor.
- 1998(10) August: Akita PrefectureOga PeninsulaOki, 11th Kamaru (squidFishing boat), drifting for 10 days,Instant noodleWas eaten.1 survivor.
- 1999(11) April:IndonesiaOki, Alondra Rainbow (IMO 9178094),PirateI met him and left him on the sea with a life raft and ate the emergency food he had piled up.17 survivors[*7].
- 2000(12) August: Okinawa PrefectureIriomote Island, Yuyu (yacht), drifting for 11 days, 1 survivor.
- 2001(13) August: Chiba PrefectureInubozakiOff the coast, got on the prosperity circle (fishing boat)Mitsushige TakechiDrifted for 37 days, boiled seawater in a kettle and licked the resulting water droplets.
- 2003(15) August: Okinawa PrefectureAguni IslandOki, Misawa Maru (fishing boat), I drank only one glass of water at a time.Drifting 1 days.
- 2005(17) October: Pacific OceanメキシコOffshore, fishing boat, drifting at the end of 10 months, next2006(18)May 8Toマ ー ャ ル ルOff the coastTaiwanWas rescued by a fishing boat.3 survivors.
- 2007(19) February: Kokichimaru moved to a life raft and ate the emergency food he had loaded.Drifting for 2 days, 3 survivors.
A case where a diver drifted alone
- 1983(58) July: Izu IslandsNiijima-UdoneshimaOki,WetsuitsandBuoyancy compensator3 days after drifting in a state of thirst, rescued by a fishing boat off the coast of Choshi[*8].
Items related to marine distress
- Causal factor
- Marine accident
- Japan Coast Guard
- Marine Accident Tribunal
- Coast Guard
- Japan Air Self-Defense Force
- Distress signal
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System
- Emergency position indicating radio beacon(Epub)
- Morse code
- SAR agreement
- Seafarers Disaster Prevention Association
Distress other than mountains and sea
- Franklin expedition
- Robert Scott(AntarcticAtTerra Nova Expedition)
- Uruguay Air Force Flight 571 Accident ――16 people survived after 72 days of survival life in the mountains
- Accident in space development --In the Soviet UnionBoshort 2Was in distress for several days after landing, so after this mission a multipurpose gunTP-82And hatchets were prepared.In the United States, a Survival Kit was prepared for drifting in the sea.Rucksack A becomes a boat in Apollo, and rucksack B is packed with beacons, lights, relief maritime dye markers, water / tablets, first aid kits, survival knives, sunglasses, whistle / mirror compass for rescue requests, etc. Was being.
Works on distress and drift
- Works on distress and driftSee the link for more information.
- ^ Mainly marine distressFishermanIn other words, Maruyama speculated in his book that it would be widely reported because it was a professional distress, while mountain climbing would not be widely reported because it is leisure people.
- ^ If it happens due to lack of reading map ability, the person himself will be insufficiently prepared, but it is often used when climbing a mountain.Geographical Survey InstituteIssued1/25000 topographic mapWritten inTrailIn some cases, the closed road has not been deleted or the road has a different shape than it actually is, and even if the climber has no problem, he / she may get lost.
- ^ MountaineeringWonder VogelIn clubs, etc., they often learn and analyze past distress cases at regular study sessions.
- ^ It turns out that the road you came to was dangerous after passing, and it is safeMountain hutIf is just ahead, you may decide to go a little further.
- ^ A detailed memorandum on the history of the distress by the survivor Mitsuharu Sano has been published..
- ^ A memoir by Captain Seiji Moroi has also been published..Saito MinoruNote that it is not his own ship of the same name (the oldest yacht in the world and set a record around the world).
- ^ Project X109th "Pirate Raid Battle of the Straits of Malacca"
- ^ Books are published based on interviews and interviews with drifters and related parties.
- ^ "Distress" -DigitalDaijisen
- ^ a b Why Are St. Bernards Always Depicted With Barrels Around Their Necks? MATT SONIAK FEBRUARY 18, 2009
- ^ What are the necessary preparations in Natsuyama until a mountain accident or helicopter rescue is requested?(Asahi Shimbun)
- ^ FM 21-76 Survival Manual(US ArmySurvival Manual FM 21-76)
- ^ Mountain Climbing Accident (XNUMX: Information) Hypothermia that occurs outside of cold regionsAsahi Shimbun Digital Author: Masahiko Ishikawa Updated: June 2016, 6
- ^ Hypothermia lecture Japan Mountaineering Society
- ^ "Floating back" is important for dealing with water accidents!(NHK: Hidetoshi Saito, Chairman of the Water Accident Society)
- ^ The slogan "Float and wait!" Saves children's lives(Nikkei Dual)
- ^ Watch out for water accidents!(Japan Coast Guard)
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r Haruhiro Maruyama "I will teach you how to distress: A dry lecture for safe and reliable mountaineering"picture: Shintaro Shiora〈Yamakei mountain study selection book> (Original 1999), 2011 revised edition.ISBN 978-4-635-04815-6.
- ^ Overview of mountain accidents in 30 National Police Agency Life Safety Bureau Regional Division
- ^ Pit of false blue sky "pseudo fine weather" - NHK,Web fish
- ^ Osamu Haneda "Document lost distress』\ Yama-kei Publishers, 2006.ISBN 978-4-635-14006-5.
- ^ "(PDF)”. Nagano Prefecture Mountain Center. 2015/5/19Browse.
- ^ Hideki Nagata "Mountain Distress Lived, Returned: The Secret of Self-Rescue"Tokyo Shimbun Publishing Bureau, 2005, pp. 162-166.ISBN 978-4-8083-0822-3.
- ^ Mountain helicopter to enact charge ordinance 1 yen per hour at rescueMainichi Newspaper (November 2017, 3) Read December 24, 2017
- ^ "Cologne" is dangerous for mountain climbing. There is a risk of collapse due to a gust. Instructed to remove unnecessary things. The Asahi Shimbun, October 49, 1974, evening edition, 10rd edition, 3th page.
- ^ Exchange with Mexico / Chiba Prefecture
- ^ Iwao pp154-166
- ^ Tanaka pp2-7
- ^ Iwao pp166-170
- ^ Iwao pp171-207
- ^ Iwao pp124-153
- ^ Iwao pp99-122
- ^ Iwao p126
- ^ Iwao pp49-53
- ^ Iwao pp208-240
- ^ What is the truth hidden in Melville's "Moby Dick", isolated in the sea of death in the movie "In the Heart of the Sea"-Director Ron Howard Fashion Press
- ^ Iwao p253
- ^ Iwao pp253-254
- ^ Iwao p254
- ^ "John F. Kennedy and PT109”. John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum. 2016/3/22Browse.
- ^ The race started on December 1991, 12 at 26:12 AM
- ^ Mitsuharu Sano "The Survival of Only One: The" Takago "Drifting XNUMX Days of Fighting" <Shincho Bunko>, 1995 (Original 1992).ISBN 978-4-10-136711-8.
- ^ 4 Side Judgment No. 144/145 Pleasure Boat Marine Marine Overturn Case, Pleasure Boat Taka Overturn Case --Marine Accident Inquiry and Ship Accident Investigation Association website
- ^ Seiji Moroi "Heaven on the XNUMXnd Day: Shuten-doji's Pacific Drifting Diary"Sankei ShimbunNews service, 1994.ISBN 978-4-594-01621-0.
- ^ “Fishermen drifted for 10 months, rescued-Marshall Islands”. AFP BB News (archive.today). (January 2006, 8). オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2012, 7.
- ^ Kotaro Koide "Flowing Sea: Documents / Survivors"Kosei Publisher, 1989.ISBN 978-4-333-01354-8.
Kotaro Koide "Diver Drifting: Extreme 230km" <Shincho OH! Bunko>, 2000.ISBN 978-4-10-290021-5.* Revision of "Flowing Sea"
- ^ Apollo experience report: Crew provisions and equipment subsystem(NASA）
- Hiroyuki Tanaka (1997). "Ogasawara at the end of the Edo period--a green island that prospered on Western whale boats", Chuko Shinsho, Chuokoronsha. ISBN 4121013883
- Yoshimura Akira(2003). "Charm of Drifting", Shincho Shinsho, Shinchosha Co., Ltd.. ISBN 4106100029
- Ryutaro Iwao(2009). "Robinson in the Edo period-Seven drifting tans", Shincho Bunko, Shinchosha Co., Ltd.. ISBN 9784101286211