Photo Keio University
Keio University establishes economics + data science "DEEP"
If you write the contents roughly
Undergraduate economics students who participate in DEEP will take important subjects in data science and systematically learn the basics of data science and its application to economic analysis.
Keio University Faculty of Economics is a data science education program DEEP (Data-driven Econo… → Continue reading
The educational environment, university entrance examination reform, and the environment surrounding children are undergoing major changes. Amid the changes of this era, parents' interest in the education and career of children is only increasing. Risemum will transmit accurate and useful information centered on educational information, as a medium that is close to the hearts of parents. We will promptly deliver information that parents are interested in such as education reform, international education, examinations, educational events, STEM education including programming.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Data science(English: data science, abbreviation: DS) orData scienceIs an approach that seeks to use data to derive new scientific and socially beneficial knowledge, in which data is handled in information science, statistics, and so on.algorithmAnd so on.
Let's take a bird's eye view of data science from a statistical, computational, and human perspective.Each perspective is an essential aspect of data science, but the organic combination of these three perspectives is the essence of the discipline of data science (Blei and Smyth, 3).).Lack of awareness of the importance of field knowledge in data analysis to date is believed to be the source of widespread misunderstandings about the discipline of data science (Hernan, Hsu and Healy, 2018).).
Data science has a clear application context, has a transdisciplinary aspect, requires clear social accountability for research results, and is for qualitative assurance of research results. Requires additional criteria for quality control in addition to traditional sitting criteria.Heterogeneity of organizations is also important for the effective promotion of data science.Science that meets these requirements is Mode 2 science claimed by Gibbons et al.Can be recognized as a kind of.
Data science researchers and practitioners are called data scientists.
The term data science has been used for a long time, especially in the 1960s.Peter NaurIt attracted attention because it was used by (Note: The English version also says 1960, but the source is unknown. For the following 1974 book, the official web page by himselfCan be confirmed from). In his 1974 book, "Concise Survey of Computer Methods," Naur used the term data science in describing data processing methods and their applications.
Since the latter half of the 2010s, there is a global shortage of data scientists, so the development of systems that can analyze even users without advanced knowledge is progressing..
Meanwhile, in 2012,Harvard Business ReviewThe magazine "The coolest job in the 21st century"The word "data science" isBuzz wordSome people see it as.ForbesEven in magazines, there is no clear definition, so learn at graduate schoolWas criticized for being simply replaced.
Income equality is increasing in both developed and developing countries with good data science skills.There is a negative correlation between the country's average skill capacity across domains and the percentage of income held by the top 10% of countries..
- Giant wisdom
- Collective intelligence
- big data
- Data Mining
- Faculty of Data Science
- Statistical test (qualification)
- Complex science
- ^ Hiroe Tsubaki "Systems science and data science"Horizontal Trunk," Vol. 14, No. 1, Transverse Core Science and Technology Research Association, 2020, pp. 64-69, two:10.11487 / trafst.14.1_64, ISSN 1881-7610 , NOT 130007855120.
- ^ Okazaki, Intuition "Data Journalism and Data Science"Journal of the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol. 99, No. 4, 2016, p. 339," ISSN 0913-5693 , NOT 40020802401.
- ^ Smyth, Padhraic; Blei, David M. (2017-08-15). “Science and data science” (English). Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 114 (33): 8689-8692. two:10.1073 / pnas.1702076114. ISSN 1091-6490 . PMID 28784795.
- ^ Healy, Brian; Hsu, John; Hernán, Miguel A. (2018-04-28). Data science is science's second chance to get causal inference right: A classification of data science tasks.
- ^ Baber, Zaheer; Gibbons, Michael; Limoges, Camille; Nowotny, Helga; Schwartzman, Simon; Scott, Peter; Trow, Martin (1995-11). “The New Production of Knowledge: The Dynamics of Science and Research in Contemporary Societies.”. Contemporary Sociology 24 (6): 751. two:10.2307/2076669. ISSN 0094-3061 .
- ^ Peter Naur: Concise Survey of Computer Methods, 397 p. Studentlitteratur, Lund, Sweden, 1974, ISBN-91 44-07881-1
- ^ "NEC Develops" Predictive Analytics Automation Technology "to Automat Large-Scale Data Prediction in Business Systems" (Press Release), NEC Corporation, (March 2016, 12) NovemberBrowse.
- ^ (Oct 2012), Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century,
- ^ "Data Science: What's The Half-Life Of A Buzzword?". Forbes (September 2013, 8). NovemberBrowse.
- ^ "Announcing the Coursera 2020 Global Skills Index" (English). Coursera Blog (September 2020, 7). NovemberBrowse.
Reference books for learning
- Kodansha Data Science Introductory Series
- Etsuo Hamada: "Basics of Data Science",ISBN 978-4-06-517000-7(June 2019, 8).
- Yo Shiina, Tetsuto Himeno, Kafu Hoshina: "Mathematics for Data Science",ISBN 978-4-06-516998-8(June 2019, 8).
- Yuta Umezu, Ryuei Nishii, Yusuke Ueda: "Sparse Regression Analysis and Pattern Recognition",ISBN 978-4-06-518620-6 (May 2020, 2).
- Daniela Calvetti and Erkki Somersalo: "Mathematics of Data Science: A Computational Approach to Clustering and Classification", SIAM, ISBN 978-1-611976-36-6 (2020).
- General Incorporated Association Data Scientist Association
- Shuichi Niimura,From data analysis to data science-Making statistical knowledge into an intellectually shared property of the people by coexisting with information technology (statistical software, WWW, AI)- Statistical Mathematics Vol. 45, No. 1 Special Feature "New Development of Statistical Software 2" p.23-40
- Intitive Mind: Data Science