If you say "because it's a rural area", you lose there.The way she became a tourism creator
If you write the contents roughly
At the very least, the job I chose to get a tourism-related job was a "bus guide."
Although the way of life is diversifying, when a woman tries to follow her own path, various walls still go on ... → Continue reading
Huff Post Japan Edition
The Huff Post Japan edition, an international media that creates conversations, delivers daily news with a value that values diversity.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Bus guideIs a group chartered busSightseeing bus,Regular sightseeing busAt the usher who rides in(I.e.Serve as a travel guide and take care of passengers (mainly in-car services, disembarkation guidance, disembarkation explanations, etc.)CrewPoint to (conductor)JapanglishSo, when the sightseeing bus was restarted after the war, at that timeNihon Bus AssociationIt is said that Masaaki Sawabe, who was a director, named it "Bus Guide"..
GroupIs not necessarily a sightseeing trip, but there are a wide variety of things such as moving from sports boys' groups to training sites for corporate training and school training, and things related to ceremonial occasions.
Bus guide is a service for group sightseeing that originated in Japan, and bus tours are rarely accompanied by bus guides outside Japan...In pack tours other than Japan, there are many forms of contracting with a local guide for each destination and requesting information on sightseeing spots.However, depending on the pack tour, there is a form called a through guide where the local guide accompanies from the first day to the last day.
Bus guides are essentially different from tour conductors whose duties include managing itineraries.
Crew members other than drivers who do not provide tourist information are called tourmates, busmates, or simply mates, conductors, and boys.The main tasks are back guidance, crossing, attention to getting on and off, and cleaning, and these crew members are not called bus guides in the travel industry.
The employment form isBus companyFull-time employees (full-time general public servants in the case of public servants), or part-time employees.Recently, as the number of small tour bus companies has increased, bus guidesDispatchThe number of dispatch guides is increasing due to the establishment of contractors.
Most of them are women, but in recent years, there have been examples of male guides (Yamanashi Kotsu and Okinawa are famous).TourismVocational schoolYou may graduate from work, but generally you do not need a specific qualification at the hiring stage.
From the 1960s to the 70sKindergartenTeacher, nurse (nurse),stewardess(Flight attendant), Etc., it has been ranked high in the profession that women longed for, but recently it has become as popular as before due to the relative decline in treatment compared to other professions, unguided operation, and the expansion of women's social advancement. There is no.
Service management is strictly set as long as the driver and the driver are on board and there are several units in operation.Many companies have occupations with many women and dormitories.
In the past, the bus guide fee was included in the bus charter fee, and the bus guide was always on board for all tours of sightseeing buses and chartered buses.2000May 2Was carried out inRoad transport lawDue to the amendment, the bus charter fee and the bus guide fee have been changed to a separate fee, so there are increasing cases where the bus guide is not on board or only the part necessary for the process is on board.
There is also a bus guide that specializes in the places to guide.For example, buses from other regionsShikokuJust before entering, you can put a guide specializing in Shikoku, or a bus in Tokyo runs to Kyoto at night and a local guide in Kyoto. In some cases, it will be enhanced and only the driver will operate until it arrives at the site to reduce waste in the crew.Even at tourist spots where you get off, the bus guide does not provide all the guidance, and in many cases it is left to the guide specializing in the tourist spot.
Under such circumstances, the number of bus guides themselves has been decreasing in recent years.[Source required]
Normally, one person is on board for each sightseeing bus / regular sightseeing bus.Labor regulationsMost companies oblige them to wear uniforms while on board.Since most of the flight is in contact with passengers, the impression of the bus guide influences the image of the company, so the uniform design emphasizes fashionability compared to the driver..
- Explanation and guidance to passengers about sightseeing spots and historic sites.Local songAnd singing folk songs.At this time, I used to stand and guide, but according to the revised Road Traffic Act of 2008, it became a seating guide.
- Driver assistance such as map navigation and bus guidance when parking
- For backward guidance, it is difficult for the driver to confirm the rear without a back camera or a magnifying glass, and in the past it was a legal obligation for two people to be on board.whistleBus guidance technology based on the sounding interval of the bus can no longer be seen.[Source required].Abo passOn narrow passes such as, it was sometimes necessary to stop oncoming vehicles prior to the bus.
- Door opening and closing, announcement of meeting time
- Video deck,karaokeIn some cases, we handle in-car entertainment equipment and distribute hot tea and drinking water.
- Guidance of passengers in the event of an accident
- Cleaning the inside of the car after getting off the passengers
Training for new bus guides
Since the image of a guide is an important factor for a bus company, training after joining the company is rigorous, and it is often the case that the train will be on board after a training period of six months to one year (the training period varies depending on the bus company).The training begins with pronunciation practice, and covers a wide range of topics, including learning materials covering the geography and history of hundreds of pages of tourist destinations, singing instruction, riding lessons, and vehicle guidance.
The content varies depending on the bus company, but after joining the company, new bus guides receive group training at the head office or training facilities, and are taught customer service, language, grooming, greetings, company profile, company rules, etc.After that, it will be divided according to the sales office to which it is assigned, how to handle the vehicle, back guidance, vocalization, etc.TonguePractices and practical training to guide passengers safely in the event of an accident will be held.
The content provided by the bus guide is a special document called "Bus Guide Book" prepared by each bus company.Is based on.The textbook is edited by the bus guide OG and bus company officers.The number of pages varies depending on the bus company, but it is about 500-600 pages, and it is necessary to memorize a huge amount of tourist information and geography over a wide area in a limited training period.
In the on-board training, a veteran bus guide will be the instructor, and based on the contents of the textbook, "Where and which tourist attractions and the scenery of the train window should be guided ..." I will learn.In addition, in the practical training in the suburbs that accompanies accommodation, each person (new bus guide) creates a "confirmation book" and writes the tourist attractions, etc. guided by the instructor in the confirmation book (this will be the textbook for the actual flight).
In February 1920, a female conductor (Miss White Collar) was on board the Tokyo City Automobile... July 1924, 12,Tokyo Municipal BusA female conductor (Miss Red Collar) was on board.192512,Tokyo shared car(Renamed Tokyo City Automobile in 1922) was the first bus guide (called an usher at that time) to have a sightseeing car on board for tourist information...It is said that a wealth of knowledge is required for tourist information, so only men who graduated from university were hired.However, although the guidance ability was outstandingly good, the allowance commensurate with it (at that time)Imperial UniversityWhere the starting salary for graduates was 60 yen and for private university graduates was 50 yen, the basic salary was 60 yen and the allowance was 20 yen.) And treatment were required, and the cost was quite high.
Today's female bus guide19281,Yuya KumahachiBut runOitaBeppuKamenoi Pleasure Car (currentlyKamenoi Bus)ButHell tourIt started when I devised it when operating a sightseeing bus.2009May 3Died inAyame MurakamiIs one of the first guides adopted at that time..Recruitment of young women and tourist information by ShichigochoWas very popular and is still todayBeppu hot springHas the longest history in the countryRegular sightseeing busIs.CurrentBeppu Hell TourEven in the course, the Shichigocho guide at that time is partly used.
December of the same year, Tokyo Riding Motor also switched to female guides, and female bus guides spread all over the country.Postwar1949Started operation in (Showa 24)Hato busHowever, it started with a female guide from the beginning.
OsakaCentral sightseeing bus (currentlyZipang (Osaka)), There was also a crew member called a stewardess who specializes in entertainment, who does not provide tourist guides but only distributes beverages and entertains customers (there is no such thing now after bankruptcy).
Hato Bus has been using male guides for regular sightseeing buses for foreign tourists since 1999.
Celebrity with experience as a bus guide
- Reiko Kitano- Hokkaido Central Bus
- Mai Kiyohime(AV actress)
- Aki Kohashi - Dohoku Bus
- Sayaka Tsutsumi
- Maki Maki - Kokusai Kogyo Bus
- Aki Yatsushiro - Kyushu Sanko
- Yoko Kawamura- Toto sightseeing bus
- Hanabusa Kannon(Novelist)
- Nomination! Bus guide of the ancient city (at the time of publication)Nara KotsuBus guide, now: Free, by Arisa Kijima,2008May 9media FactoryPublished)
- ^ a b c d Tomio Nishi "The history of guides began with a student part-time job" "Clarion Bus Equipment News Separate Volume / Information Edition" No. 9,Clarion, February 1984, 10, p. 5.
- ^ Adult Common Knowledge Study Group "People who can do it know adult common sense Japanese" Gakken Publishing, 2013, p. 231
- ^ Elevator girlStyle like a guide, a campaign lady.Entered corporate color and company emblemLadies suitIn the moldCap.
- ^ Since the materials are managed as "confidential", many bus companies cannot let outsiders disclose the contents.
- ^ a b Tomio Nishi, "Uniforms Now and Old", "Clarion Bus Equipment News Separate Volume / Information Edition" No. 21, Clarion, November 1996, 11, p. 20.
- ^ Tokyo Asahi Shimbun
- ^ "COMPANY”. Kamenoi Bus. 2021/4/29Browse.
- ^ "Japan's first bus guide died At the beginning of the Showa era, worked hard to promote Beppu Onsen”. As of May 2009, 4オ リ ジ ナ ルMore archives.2009/3/31Browse. -Asahi Shimbun (July 2009, 3)
- ^ It was made by Tomoaki Yakushiji, an employee who was writing under the pseudonym "Immortality" at that time, and he had a close friendship with him.Hiroshi Kikuchi,Kume MasaoI had him read it when he came to Beppu and made some corrections.
- ^ Featured in Bus Japan No. 6 Hato Bus Special