American Express, new enrollment points 10 times until November 11th
If you write the contents roughly
Earned points can be redeemed for miles from 17 airlines, partner hotels, point programs, gift certificates, and more.
American Express is the "American Express Gold Card" and "American Express ... → Continue reading
We will deliver travel information quickly.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Point program, ま た はPoint service(Japanglish: point service) And variousProducts・Points calculated under certain conditions according to the purchase amount of services or the number of visits to the store (Point) Service to give to customers. The customer can use the points as a part of the purchase price from the next time onward or exchange the points for goods. Businesses that give points can use this serviceMarketingTo utilize.
Points are often issued in exchange for purchasing goods, but may also be issued in exchange for viewing advertisements on the Internet or holding shares...Medium for recording the points (dedicated cards such as point cards andmember IDRecord points in (etc.) and accumulate them.The accumulated points can be used (in many cases) when purchasing goods and services from the next time onward, or a certain amount of points can be exchanged for gift certificates.Retail tradeAnd service industry (specialty storesChain storeAndHotel,Credit cardEtc.). These daysShopping bagMay give points to unwanted customers.
Nielsen World Retail Loyalty Sentiment SurveyDivides point rewards into monetary and non-monetary rewards, which include product discounts, refunds, cash packs, free or discounted shipping, and free product offerings. do..Non-monetary rewards include high-priority services, exclusive access to bargains, certification as a special customer, provision of personalized goods and services, and donations to philanthropy..
The point is that companies promise discounts on their products and services, which is used as a strategy for companies to retain customers from competitors to their own companies (Lock-in effect）.. On the other hand,Consumer electronics storeIn point redemption services that exceed 1% of the selling price in the above, the point is that the point redemption is actually added to the price that should be sold, beyond the frame of sales promotion, customers can It is also pointed out that they are merely enclosed at their own expense. At some mass retailers, the customer may choose whether to allocate the point reward to the point service or to sell the reward after discounting it (which means on the spot).K's DenkiThere is also a home electronics mass retailer that does not introduce a point system like the above, but has a motto of "cash discount on the spot".
The point program includes points issued by individual companies only for in-house products and services and "points issued by platformer-type companies" in which many member stores participate...Enclosure at platformer-type company-issued points is used to expand the company's platform by making many customers members, and it is said that this will lead to the emergence of multiple point economic zones..Suica,PASMOWaitIC boarding cardA regional point card system has also been developed and operated so that everything can be used as a point card as it is. There is a widespread movement to introduce this system for reasons such as reducing the burden of issuing new cards..
The point program is a type of sales promotion, but unlike coupons, it can collect consumer purchase history...By making consumers members by points, we are also advancing the customization of consumption that conducts marketing that suits consumers through the purchase history of customers...From the viewpoint of behavioral economics, it has been pointed out that the point economicization, in which points are given to many products, may induce a divergence from rational behavior...The discount rate based on points is about 0.5% to 1%, which is not high at all, but customers do not always calculate and judge the discount rate rationally.There is also a view that the effect of accumulating points on the customer's psychology cannot be ignored..
In addition, from the perspective of prices, the purchase price has fallen by the amount of the point return rate, but it does not appear statistically, so it is assumed that the price index will be difficult to reflect the purchase price of consumers..
In the case of points issued by individual companies, the general acceptance was low because the purpose was to lock in, but there are some points issued by platformer-type companies that can be cashed or invested, and are generally accepted. Highly monetary elements are becoming stronger (pseudo-monetization).
History in the United States
The birthplace of the point system is said to be the United States.. It is said that around 1850, a retailer who mistakenly purchased a large amount of laundry soap put a coupon on the wrapping paper and offered a service that can be exchanged for paintings when collecting it.. Such services spread to retailers, and in 1896, a stamp specialized company that commercialized the stamp service itself and sold it to multiple retailers and systematized also appeared (trading stamp)..
In the 20th century, the point system wasgas stationIn the 1920ssupermarketStarted to be introduced in.. The spread continued until the 1960s, but in the 1970s, severe inflation plunged into a decline... Due to further technological innovation, credit card companies have issued new Rewards Program, etc., so that traditional trading stamps have been replaced..
History in Japan
The first issue of points in Japan1916ToKitakyushuThere is a theory that the Kuga kimono store has started, but details are not well understood.1928Ezaki Glico has started a campaign to redeem gifts for 20 coupons in the sweets package.
However, since the introduction of supermarkets in Japan was at the end of the 1950s, the introduction of American-style trading stamps was also after that time, and the green stamp appeared in 1958 and the blue chip appeared in 1962..
In 1984, Washington Hotel introduced Japan's first card-type reward card.. In 1985, Yodobashi Camera issued a point card for the purpose of reducing discount negotiations, and since then, point service has spread rapidly..
- Timeline in Japan
- 1958-Common stamp serviceGreen stampFounded.
- 1962-Common stamp serviceBlue chipFounded.
- 1979- National Federation of Record Trade AssociationsIs banned from issuing service tickets for member stores (providing discounts according to the number of coupons saved), which is accused of violating the Antimonopoly Act, and the point service of music software has been virtually lifted after this incident. R.
- 1980s-By this time, point service based on the amount of credit card usage (if there is hope depending on the number of pointsGift certificatesHave been done already.
- 1985- Yodobashi CameraIssued a point card.
- April 1988-Peer (Fukui OfShopping center) Issued a point card.
- Around 1995, American airlines started mileage services in Japan.
- Around 1997, Japanese airlines started mileage services. What was behind AmericaFreebie display methodIt is said that there was a regulation of.
- From around 2000, the airline group (Alliance) was formed, and mutual addition and use of points earned within the group will be performed.
- From around 2004Yamada DenkiStarting withConsumer electronics storeThe act of targeting books and magazines as point cardsMaintain resale priceHe insisted that he was in breach of the contract and asked for points to be reduced. However,Fair Trade CommissionHowever, the Nisshinren changed its position and announced in February 2005 that it would accept point cards.
- After that, including TSUTAYArental videoIssuance of new point cards and subscription of point cards to department stores and shopping malls are spreading rapidly at stores and electric railway bookstores.
- However, even after the Japan Bookstore Federation of Commercial Associations announced its acceptance, the company will not lose its "point card absolute opposition" stance, and the contracted publishers will be excluded from the point service of their own publications. We encourage you to specify.
- 2008-Established Japan Internet Point Council to promote awareness and healthy development of the Internet Point Marketing industry.
Some credit cards, such as credit cards, automatically give points at the time of payment, while others create a special point card or rental video membership card and present it at the time of payment to give points.There are also point cards and membership cards that combine credit card functions.
In both cases of payment at the store and payment on the Internet, in the case of payment using a credit card, points corresponding to the payment amount are automatically added and recorded. There are also cases where benefits such as points are added when payment is made by revolving payment. When a certain number of points are reached, the prize is exchanged for a prize or a gift certificate prepared in advance. In addition, some points can be used for payment for shopping on the Internet. A fixed expiration date is often set for each acquired point.
There are some cards for which specific payment is not subject to the point service, and some cards for which the point service itself does not exist.
Exclusive reward card
Dedicated by a vendorPoint CardIs eligible for the point service by presenting it when purchasing the product.As a form, consumers are often members who participate in the point service system operated by the trader, and the membership card is often in the form of a point card.There are companies that issue free of charge and companies that issue at a predetermined fee.Points generated according to the purchase price are added and recorded.There is a format in which points are applied to payment when the next product is purchased and a substantial discount is given, and a format in which points are exchanged for gift certificates when a certain number of points are reached.Regarding the expiration date, there are those that have a predetermined expiration date for each acquired point and those that can carry over the expiration date by presenting the card within a certain period and putting in and out of points, for example, there is a point in and out at the end. It is valid for one year from, etc., and depends on the publisher.In addition, the type that exchanges for gift certificates or discounts when a certain number of points is reached is the point accumulated so far in consideration of customers who will not have the opportunity to use the point card due to the closing of the store when the store is closed. Depending on the situation, discounts or exchanges for products may be offered.
When presenting the conversion rate and conditions of points to be added, the rate at the time of payment by cash or debit card is often displayed. In credit card payments, the points rate may be reduced or points may not be added. In addition, the percentage of points may be increased during the sale period.
Issued by a traderAffiliated credit card(House card) is often the point service. Alternatively, a credit card function may be added to the membership card of the point service. This can also be regarded as a house card in a broad sense.
rental videoUse the membership card as it is as a point card (Example.TSUTAYASuch). Since the membership card itself becomes a point card, there is no particular charge, but since it has an expiration date (often one year), points will be lost unless continued.
This is a method of receiving a service by putting a stamp (a stamp-like thing) or sticker that you can get at the time of shopping on a special mount. Stamps and stickers can be transferred as long as they are not attached, so there is an advantage that points can be accumulated more flexibly than membership cards and point cards, such as adding up with family and groups. Long time agoLotus coupon,Blue chip (company)It was done by, but now it is moving to the point card type.
In particularAirlinesA similar service done atMileage serviceSay. Since the mileage service gives points in proportion to the boarding distance, the points used are generallyMilesCalled. Miles are granted by the airline issuing a special card or by having the house card carry the point service and presenting these at the time of boarding. Group with multiple companies (Aviation union), it is possible to redeem miles and prizes in common among companies in the group.
The word "mileage service" is also Japanese-made English, and in English-speaking countries "Frequent-flyer program"(FFP, the meaning of "Frequent flight passengers' program").
The United Kingdom
In the UK, there is no legal system specific to the point program, but points that fall under electronic money are subject to the electronic money rule 2000, so businesses must approve or register...In addition, points corresponding to electronic money subject to the electronic money rule 2000 are treated as collateralized claims for user protection..
- Nector points (Nectar loyalty card) --AIMA operates the UK's largest loyalty program, which went into operation in 2002..
- Tesco Clubcard --Developing supermarkets, etc.TescoIn addition to the United Kingdom, we also offer services in Ireland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland..
- Boots Advantage Card-Drugstore ChainBootsPoint program.
- Top Cashback-Operates a point program that can be cashed in partnership with more than 3500 physical stores.
In the United States, there is a point program called the Loyalty program, which is mainly operated by the financial services industry..
There is no law regarding the act of issuing points in the United States..The Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009 (CARD Act) has been enacted to protect consumers, and credit cards, debit cards, prepaid cards, etc. are regulated, but loyalty programs are not covered...However, although it is not a decree, the airline's Frequent flyers program (mileage program in Japan) has guidelines established by the United States Attorney Generals Association (NAAG) in 1988..
- Uber Rewards-March 2019, 3UberThe point program that the service started in the United States.
- Target Red-Operates a discount department store chainTarget corporationPoint program.
Estimates of the amount of points issued in Japan vary considerably due to differences in estimation methods, etc., and Nomura Research Institute estimates 2018 billion yen in FY9546, and Yano Research Institute estimates about 2017 trillion yen in 1.8. To.
For wrapping paper and packaging of products, or volunteer points attached to corporate servicesBell markThere is.Cut out the points attached to products and collect them in educational facilities such as schools.Bell markBy sending to the Education Grant Foundation, you can receive subsidies for purchasing equipment according to the points, and 10% of the points allocated by the educational facilities for purchasing equipment will be used as aid funds for various education.
The point service is basically a service for individuals, but depending on the issuer, it is possible to create a card in the name of a corporation. By the way, when purchasing goods and services with corporate funds in accordance with business, the points to be granted should belong to the corporate, and if there is a corporate card, it may be granted to it. However, if you cannot make a corporate card, you have to put it in a card in the name of an individual. It is also possible for the person in charge to intentionally add points to his or her card, and handling such a case becomes a problem. If you allow points to be placed on your personal card, people who travel a lot, purchasers of goods, etc. will earn miles and points with the company's money and personalize it, and it is also said that it is unfair is there. On the other hand, in the case where workers are required to pay for travel expenses during business trips, there are also cases in which the amount paid up to settlement is regarded as a claim and the interest rate is requested.In some cases, miles are attributed to individuals as compensation for the interest rate. No social agreement has been reached regarding the handling of points in such cases, and each corporation/organization will have to deal with it differently.
For example, of government officesAccounting Office,Ministry of JusticeStipulates that the mileage accrual associated with a business trip must not be received, but other ministries and agencies are up to the individual judgment. Even in general companies, if the handling is clearly defined, it is necessary to follow it. Furthermore, in the case of mileage, in most cases you can receive special services by earning a certain amount of boarding miles within a certain period (JAL Global ClubIt can be said that it is becoming difficult to separate the points of corporations and individuals, considering that this is also part of the point service.
The point is that the issuing company
- When we see it as a promise for future discounts
- When considering as a promise of future gifts
- When the point management company and the issuing company are different (so-called common points), when they are treated as deposits from member stores
There is. According to the report of the corporate point study group sponsored by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry,liabilitiesTherefore,Current liabilitiesorFixed debtIn the formBalance sheetIt is described in. For companies with a large amount of points issued,AllowanceMay be set up as an independent item, but is not obligatory.. The amount of allowance to be recorded as a liability is usually the cost of the outstanding balance multiplied by the assumed usage rate. For example, when recording as a current liability, the amount of points used within the next fiscal year is calculated from past usage records, and the cost is recorded as a liability. Therefore, the cost of points that disappear without being used is usually not recorded, and it is an exception that companies with a high usage rate such as home electronics mass retailers allocate the full amount. This is because companies that have low assumed utilization rates have the effect of reducing their profits by excessively recording provisions.
In addition, in the future international accounting standards, deferred income treatment, which is completely different from the above liability treatment, may be introduced. This divides the amount of revenue received when points are issued into products and points, and records the amount of points as deferred revenue (see 13). Deferred revenue is recorded as realized in the future when the points are used, expired, or transferred to another company.
The handling of points when the issuer goes bankrupt is unclear at this point. In the mileage service, there are cases in which miles were preserved by the company that inherited the business when the airline went bankrupt. In other point services, there are no actual cases, and it is uncertain whether or not they will be treated in the same way as other credits, and if they are recognized as credits, what will be their priority. for that reason,2007May 1ToMinistry of Economy, Trade and IndustryClarified the policy to proceed with the rule making regarding the point service.
At present (September 2007), whether or not there is a specific taxation and its method are not specified, but whether the points that have been earned should be subject to taxation, and the taxation on settlement using points (consumption taxThere is a debate about what to do with the double taxation relationship with.
Use of purchase history and personal information
A consumer who wants to accumulate points on a point card first brings the product to be purchased to a cashier and deposits his or her own point card at a cashier. The cashier reads the card information at the terminal of the online system provided to the store by the card issuer. At the same time, or with little time, the cashier scans the item's bar code with the POS bar code reader installed in the store.
As a result, it is customary that the purchase history associated with the personal information is stored in the card issuer. The purchase history can be used by the issuer itself, as well as by the company/organization authorized by the issuer, when the issuer makes a contract with the subscriber when the point card is created.
Increasing the number of loyalty cards that have limited opportunities for use locally will make the wallet bulky.. As a result, the number of cards increases, and it takes time to find them, which makes management difficult.SmartphoneYou can solve these problems by using the official point apps, such as "Stocard" and "LINE Wallet" that collect point cards..
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n Keisuke Omoto "Evolving Point Cards and Their Future" Retrieved from Nissay Research Institute REPORT 2007.2, June 2020, 6.
- ^ British: Nielsen Global Retail Loyalty-Sentiment Survey
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n NTT Data Institute of Management Consulting "Survey on financial systems and their operational status in other countries" Financial Services Agency, browsed February 2021, 9.
- ^ a b c d e f g h Yuri Okina "Point Economicization-Exploring Implications for Macroeconomics and Financial Systems-" Japan Research Institute, viewed September 2021, 9.
- ^ ITpro (October 2008, 3). “Utilizing Suica as a local loyalty card, introducing it in the shopping area in front of the station in Tokyo". 2008/7/20Browse.
- ^ ITpro (October 2009, 5). “Why doesn't the "20% point return" ever disappear? --Knowing behavioral economics". 2009/5/7Browse.
- ^ Especially seen in educational institutions such as universities. Due to the execution of the annual budget, there are cases in which the travel expenses for business trips in April are delayed until July.
- ^ Example: Mobile phone companies are independent items, but airline companies do not.
- ^ Hiromitsu Takagi @ Home Diary-I asked the street corner if "3 in 1 T-point cards has"
- ^ Privacy Freak Group (Ichiro Yamamoto, Hiromitsu Takagi, Masanori Suzuki)-1st Privacy Freak Cafe To all those who believe that "information that identifies an individual is personal information""What is the difference between this common point card and such general point cards? The common point cards are A companies, B companies, C companies, D companies... However, eventually there are 10 companies and 400 companies, and each company sells various specialized products, but the history of them is all linked horizontally. The consumer's lifestyle is understood. Cross-sectoral privacy infringement may occur, but that is stated in the terms and conditions.There will be no points for free"I have no IT literacy" for consumersFrustrationSome people blame you for saying, "Is it bad?" about it. Is it possible for anyone to understand such business models and information system structures? It is often called “asymmetry” after doing that, but it is expanding every day. Even with the consent of the consumer, that premise is breaking down. And Japan is an elderly society. Can I leave this as it is? That is the awareness of the problem. "
- ^ Small society There are various cards inside the wallet. …
- ^ You can't miss the points anymore! Mass point card management
- ^ [LINE] New and convenient new features "My Card" and "LINE Coupon" added to "LINE Wallet" "LINE Wallet" from today