Photo Source: Living Tama Web
[Special Feature] Living Newspaper 50th Anniversary x Housewife Holiday Plan "Gourmet to Go" Present!
If you write the contents roughly
You can choose from a total of 4 types, including "Meatloaf and Hokkaido Cream Cheese Mustard Sauce" (right).
The Living Newspaper advocates "Housewife Holiday".To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the publication and the housewife holiday in September, all readers ... → Continue reading
Living Tama Web
Local / outing information site in the Tama area in western Tokyo, such as Tachikawa, Hachioji, Kunitachi, and Kokubunji
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
- Western mustard, a seasoning made by mixing mustard with vinegar.Details will be given in this section.
- General "mustard" in English.
mustard(Buddha: mustard,alone: Mustard,British: mustard) IsMustard(Yellow mustard and brown mustard, scientific name Brassica juncea) AndWhite mustard(White mustard, scientific name Sinapis alba,synonym B. hirta or B. alba)ofseedAnd its powderWed,vinegar,Sugar,Wheat flourEtc. and kneadedseasoning..The flavor of mustard and the acidity of vinegar are the characteristics.
JapanSo basically, "mustard" is North American yellow mustard, orFranceRefers to grain mustard.Yellow mustard is used like ketchup or mayonnaise because it has a mild taste and is almost non-spicy.At fast food restaurants and street vendors, mustard is often set in a pair of containers with yellow and ketchup in red.Grain mustard is mainlysausage,Pot-au-feuUsed as a condiment such as, fold and open the container in combination with ketchupDispen packIt is also sold in the form of.
WarashiIs oriental mustard in englishOr Chinese mustardIs called.Mustard is also a term that refers to the mustard greens of the plant, and depending on the context, the above plantsAnd its seedsIt may also refer to.When compared to mustard, the flavors are so different that they cannot be used as substitutes for each other.
There are many unique mustards in the world that contain various herbs and spices.
The types shown below are those that are well known in Japan.
- Yellow mustard
- Also known as American mustard,The United States of America,カナダIt is used daily in North America.turmericIt is colored bright yellow by, has almost no spiciness, and has a mild acidity.Hot dogIt is an indispensable seasoning for such things.
- Dijon mustard
- France OfDijonMade according to the traditional recipe of.
- grain mustard
- Brown mustard used as it is without being ground into powder.sausage,Pot-au-feuIt is preferred as a condiment such as.The spiciness is modest.
- Honey mustard
- To mustardhoneyIs added.chicken,HamUsed as a sauce for meat dishes.
- ^ British: oriental mustard
- ^ British: Chinese mustard
- ^ British: mustard plant
- ^ British: mustard seed