[New Corona] Risk analysis of aggravation from Japanese medical data Diabetes is 3.4 times more risky
If you write the contents roughly
In addition, a certain number of people who do not go to the hospital for smoking and high blood pressure are expected, so it will be helpful for their own risk management.
A company that analyzes medical data in Japan analyzes medication data of inpatients caused by the new corona, and the squirrel becomes more severe. → Continue reading
To the Japanese medical community, which is facing the super-aging society and the tightness of medical resources at the same time, from each viewpoint, we will convey the voice of medical personnel striving to provide better medical care as it is, from a clinical perspective, a field perspective , This is a blog site for patients.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Note: Mixed standards
Risk management-related covers a wide range of fields, and there are multiple standards (reference) #Type of standard).For this reason, the term "risk management" is used.Set by multiple standards and different definitions..In addition, the source English wikipedia may have confused the content of each standard.
As of September 2021, even in Wikipedia articles (including other term pages)Actuarial scienceWith the standardISOStandard terms are mixed..There are also links to ISO standards from pages related to the Actuarial Science Association standards on other pages, and there is a mixture.On this pageISOThe explanation will focus on the (especially ISO 31000) standard, but there are some mixture.
(Source: English wikipedia en: Risk management)
Risk management is involved in a wide range of fields, and the content, definition, and purpose may differ from field to field.For example, risk management was created by multiple institutions as follows:
- Project Management Institute(the Project Management Institute),
- National Institute of Standards and Technology(the National Institute of Standards and Technology),
- Actuary Association(actuarial societies, actuarial societies)
In recent years, risk management has been in the limelight for management.complianceTo the age of risk management”. There were the following factors in the background.
- 2006 yearsCompany lawWith the enforcement of, it was necessary for the stock company to establish a "system for managing the risk of loss".
- 2008From degreeJapanese version SOX methodHas been enforced, and it is required to improve the risk management system in finance.
Naturally, it seems that risk management was implicitly performed at any company when making decisions, but in recent years, it has become explicit because of increased awareness of risk management. In private companies, for example, more and more specialized companies are conducting environmental risk management or fraud risk management, and using various types of risk factors to perform more sophisticated risk management. In addition, along with this, the conventionalCrisis managementThere are many places that have developed specialized departments and have specialized departments dedicated to risk management.
(Source: English wikipediaen: Risk management #Potential risk treatments)
Risk treatment is one of the processes of risk management.It is a process of dealing with risks as a process after risk identification and risk assessment.The type of risk response falls into one or more of the four categories of risk avoidance, mitigation, sharing, and possession. ..However, it is similar to the ISO standard case before 2018, but different from the ISO standard case after 2018.
- Do not carry out risky activities
- Example) Closed business, discontinuation of production of applicable products, applicable parts / applicable methods are not used
- To reduce the incidence of risk and the impact of risk
- For example, even if measures are taken to install sprinklers against a fire, the risk cannot be completely eliminated, and "loss due to the initial fire" and "damage due to water when extinguishing the fire" occur.
- Example) Sprinkler installation, work manual, checklist
- Transferring risk to or splitting it with others.It can be roughly divided into the following two.
- Risk pass-through
- Transferring risk to another business operator, etc.
- Example) Fire insurance
- Risk diversification
- Sharing risk with other businesses, etc.
- Example) Outsourcing
- Accepting risks
- Example) Damage caused by war / natural disaster (not covered by insurance), damage exceeding insurance compensation amount
ISO standard / JIS standard / IEC standard
Explain "risk management" in the ISO standard. There are no disciplinary restrictions on the use of risk management in ISO. In the ISO risk management items, it is introduced as a guideline and is not subject to ISO certification. ISO Risk Management introduces analytical methods (more than 30 types), procedures, etc. for reducing risk loss.   .
The risk management process is guided as follows.
- Communication and consultation
- Scope, situation and standards
- Risk assessment (risk identification, risk analysis, risk assessment)
- Risk response
- Monitoring and review
- Record making and reporting
|Communication and consultation||Scope, situation and standards||Monitoring and review|
|Record making and reporting|
Communication and consultation
Risk management By doing this in the entire process, all parties should understand the risks, the basis of decisions, and the reasons for action.Discussions here include feedback and obtaining information.
Scope, situation and standards
In order to carry out risk management work efficiently, we will grasp the scope of application, the situation and grasp.
Simply put, what is here
- Determining the scope of application-Define the scope of application of risk management activities
- Understanding the external and internal situation
- Determining risk criteria
Risk assessment consists of the following process.
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk assessment-Evaluate the degree of risk for each risk
Risk response (ISO)
Select and implement how to respond to risks.
The following 7 items are examples in ISO.Terms such as "risk avoidance" and "risk elimination" are not defined in ISO. (reference:#Risk response)
- "Avoid risk by deciding not to start or continue risk-causing activities."
- Called "risk elimination". (reference:#Risk response)
- “Take or increase risk to pursue an opportunity.
- Dare to increase the risk for the purpose
- For example, to increase the risk for profit and convenience.
- Of course, this should still be considered safety, not a recommendation not to consider it.
- "Remove the source of risk."
- A method called "risk aversion". (reference:#Risk response)
- For example, for human error, change it to be implemented in the system.
- "Change the likelihood."
- For example, move to a place where earthquakes are unlikely to occur.
- "Change the result."
- Change the outcome of risk.
- For example, attach a sprinkler as a fire countermeasure.The spread of fire will disappear, but flood damage will occur.
- "Sharing risks (eg, by contract, insurance purchase)."
- A method called "risk sharing". (reference:#Risk response)
- “Hold risk through informed decision making.”
- A method called "risk holding". (reference:#Risk response)
Monitoring and review
Risk management Applies throughout the process to manage, monitor, analyze, record and provide feedback.
Record making and reporting
Recording and reporting of risk management results.Information will be shared through improvement activities and result reports for the entire related organization.
- ISO / IEC 31010
- JIS Q 31000
Actuarial Science Association Standards
In fields such as finance, the terms defined in the Actuarial Science Association standards may be used. Since it may differ from the ISO standard, it is a separate item.
Term (actuarial science)
- Risk assessment (actuarial risk assessment, ARA, risk assessment)
- Mathematical risk assessment of a particular person's behavior of harm during a designated period 
- Risk sharing
- Prepare for loss compensation when risks become apparent.insuranceIf it is applied, it is one of the effective measures. In this case, take the riskInsurance companyIt is also said to be passed on (or transferred) to.Financial derivatives OfOptionsOne way to buy.
- Risk diversification
- By combining multiple risky itemsLaw of large numbersA method to reduce the risk.Insurers take risks on this basis.investmentIn the case ofDiversified investmentCalled.
Related items (actuarial science)
- Kazuhiko Niki, "Risk Management at a Glance," Toyo Keizai Inc. (2009/08) ISBN 4492092811
- Business continuity management
- Information governance
- Supply chain
- Committee of Sponsoring Organizations for Supporting Treadway Committee
- Risk analysis
- Risk assessment
- ^ JIS Q 31000 Terms and definitions
- ^ https://kikakurui.com/q/Q31000-2019-01.html
- ^ ISO / IEC Guide 73: 2009 (2009). Risk management — Vocabulary. International Organization for Standardization
- ^ ISO / DIS 31000 (2009). Risk management — Principles and guidelines on implementation. International Organization for Standardization
- ^ Dorfman, Mark S. (2007). Introduction to Risk Management and Insurance (9 ed.). Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall. ISBN 978-0-13-224227-1
- ^ ISO 31000
- ^ ISO / IEC 31010
- ^ ISO 31000
- ^ https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/actuarial+risk+assessment