It's totally different from the open game ... "Responsiveness" shown by Rakuten Takahisa Hayakawa Former head also praised "Too much perfection ...
If you write the contents roughly
Some left-handed pitchers find it difficult to throw change-ups because of the fear of hitting the left-handed batter if there is no wall or if it comes out.
Rookie Takahisa Hayakawa (1), who was the first in the draft of professional baseball and Rakuten, made a spectacular professional debut.Rakuten is 22 ... → Continue reading
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
The baseball batter will be described below.
The team has 9 players in advance when attackingBatting orderIs set. According to this, each player becomes a batter when it is his turn,batHave a batter's seat (batters box,At-batAlso called).The turn at bats are provided on the first base side and the third base side across the home base, but which one to use may be selected depending on the batter's way of hitting.A batter located on the third base side is called a right-handed batter or a right-handed batter, and a batter located on the first base side is called a left-handed batter or a left-handed batter.Generally, batters use either right-handed or left-handed batters, but some batters can hit both left and right.Switch hitterCalled.
The batter who stands in the turn at bat takes a batting posture and hits a pitch with a bat. However, it is up to the batter to decide whether or not to actually hit the pitch. If the batter did not hit (did not hit),Ball refereeBystrikeorballIs declared.
The batter hits the pitchoutReach first or higher base without becomingFour balls-Dead ballIf you get first base, you will become a runner.Especially the batterFirst baseUntil you reach the base or until the batting order turns to the next batterBatter runnerIt is sometimes called (Dasha Sosha) to distinguish it.The batter completes the blow by either going out and leaving the ground for some reason or becoming a runner.As a result, at-bat 1 is recorded in the batter (the batter himself, except in special cases).When the batting is completed, the batting order turns to the next batter.
"Batter" as a pitcher's record is the total number of batters who have played against each other.When the batter completes the hit, batter 1 is recorded in the pitcher (the pitcher who is pitching at that time, except in special cases) regardless of the result.
Below, this item also describes batter-runners, but the details of the rules as runners arerunnerSee also the section.
When the batter goes out
In the following cases, the batter is sentenced to out.
- Fair fly ball or foul fly ball (Foul tipWhen) is officially captured by a fielder.
- Declaration of the third strike (thisStrikeoutThe pitching when you arecatcherWhen the ball is caught properly.Regular catchIsA ball that has not yet touched the ground is in the catcher's mitt.
- If you are sentenced to a third strike when you are dead or dead and you have a runner on first base.
- If the catcher does not properly catch the third strike when there is no runner on first base with no death or one death, or when the catcher does not catch the third strike properly, the batter is obliged to become a runner and advance to first base instead of immediately out Occurs (FairIt will be in the same state as when hitting the ball).thisRun awayThat.
- 2 Pitching after a strikeBuntdo it,Foul ball(Often referred to as a three-bunt failure, which is also a strikeout as a third strike is declared).
- Infield flyIs sentenced.
- 2 After the strike, the batter hits (including the case of a bunt), but the pitcher touches the batter-runner without touching the bat.
- A batter-runner hits a ball that the infielder has not touched yetFairWhen touched in the area.
- When the bat hits the ball of the fair hit or bunted by the batter again in the fair area.
- When a batter deliberately derails a ball moving in a foul area without being determined to be a foul when he hits or bunts and then runs to first base.
- If you are touched by your body or first base after being sentenced to a third strike or after hitting a fair ball and before touching first base.
- When defending against first base, when running in the second half of the home base, the batter runs outside the three foot line (on the right side) or inside the foul line (on the left side) to throw the ball to first base. It interfered with the movement of the fielder trying to catchUmpireIf admitted.However, there is no problem if it is to avoid the fielder who handles the hit ball.
- Intentional ballIs sentenced.
- When you hit the bat with one or both feet completely out of the batter's box (this)Foul hit ballCalled).Completely stick outIsPut all your feet out of the white line showing the batters boxAs long as the foot is on the white line (stepping on the white line), it will not be a foul hit.
- When the batter moves from one batter's box to the other at bat when the pitcher enters the pitching motion.
When the batter can safely advance to the base
If the hit ball is as follows, the batter will be asked to reach the base specified below.Safety advancement rightIs given, and it is allowed to proceed to the given base without being out by the action of the defending team.
- When home base is given
- Home runIf you hit.Or, when the hit ball, which the referee decides to be a home run, touches a grab or hat thrown by a crowd, a bird, or a fielder.
- When two ground rules are given
- Move away from or throw away the hat, mask, glove, mitt, etc. that the fielder originally wore.PlayIf you intentionally touch it.in this caseBall in playMay continue, so the batter-runner may advance to home base with the intention of going out.Even if it is thrown, it will continue as it is if it does not touch the hit ball.
- When two ground rules are given
- When the hit ball bounces (touches the fence on the ground or the outfield) and then enters the stand, or when the hit ball that the fielder touches and changes course enters the stand in the foul area.Or if you get caught in a fence, scoreboard, or a tree.In Japan, these are commonly referred to as "entitled to base".In this case, it is dead ball.
In the following cases, the batter is safely given first base. The batter must advance to first base and touch first base.
- Four ballsIs sentenced.
- So-called "ShynessExcept for, even if walks are declared, they remain in ball-in-play.If the batter-runner who has advanced to the first base leaves the base, it will be out when the ball is touched.
- Dead ballIs sentenced.In this case, it is dead ball.
- BatterHitting obstructionIf done.In this case, it is dead ball.
- However, if the batter hits the pitch in spite of the obstruction, the play may continue regardless of the obstruction.In that case, it will not be dead ball.
- When a runner or umpire touches a fair ball in the fair area that has not yet touched the fielder (Defensive obstruction).In this case, it is dead ball.
In these cases, the batter is obliged to touch first base.When the bases loaded in the back of the final or extended rounds, the following bases loaded will be given to all runners on bases loaded by the above play (excluding inference), and the match will be decided (Goodbye game) In that case, the third base runner and the batter runner are obliged to advance to the base.If the third base runner and the batter runner do not advance to the home base and the first base, respectively, and do not touch the base, the referee declares out without waiting for the appeal of the defensive side.
- Average hitter
- A batter who leaves a stable batting average. Sometimes referred to as a "skilled batter".
- Antille Borer / Antille Hitter
- A batter who does not aggressively hit the ball and goes to identify the ball. Also called "waiting ball style".This type of batterFour ballsThe on-base percentage tends to be higher than the batting average.
- Opocite hitter
- Opposite fieldA batter who does (opposite field). In particular, it refers to a batter whose hit ball naturally flows in the opposite direction.Chiba Shigeru,Mike Piazza,Tomohiro NiokaAre typical examplesHome runMost of them are opposite fields.
- Gap hitter
- A batter who is good at hitting a ball that passes between outfielders (middle right and middle left).doubleThere are many players who mass-produce.
- Ground ball hitter
- GoroA batter who often hits.
- Clutch hitter
- A batter with a high batting average in the scoring position and a batter with a strong game.
- Spray hitter
- Pull・ A batter who can hit a ball in a wide angle by pouring.
- Slap hitter
- A batter who aims to hit between infielders and overhead from a compact swing.
- Mainly, batters who can fly a ball with a long distance,Home runRefers to batters with many. Also known as a "cannon," "long-range gun," "smasher," or "home run batter."IsoPA batter with a high number is particularly applicable.
- Highball hitter
- A batter who is strong against a high ball.
- Bad ball hitter
- A batter who actively hits a ball. Especially with a ballHitHe is a batter who has the ability to play, and is often an average hitter. Also, by hitting a ball, there are often extremely few walks, andStrikeoutThere are few.Ichiro,AJ PiazinskyIs a typical example.On the other hand, a batter who strikes out a ball with his hand is called a fleece swinger (Pierzinski has few strikeouts, but there are a lot of first ball hits, so he is a bad ball hitter, but he being called).
- Flyball hitter
- flyA batter who often hits sexual hits.
- Fleece swinger
- Of the bad ball hitters who reach out to any ballSelected eyeA batter with poor meat skills. Such a batter is less likely to have a high batting average, a high ball swing rate, few walks, and a strong tendency to strike out.
- Pull hitter
- A batter with a lot of pull. This type of batter is often in an extreme defensive formation due to the biased direction of the ball.shift) Is laid. As a representative batterMasahiro Doi,Nobuhiro Matsuda,T-Okada,Sho NakataAnd so on.
- Line drive hitter
- linerA batter who often hits sexual hits. There are two types of batters: a batter who can hit a liner-type ball by power and a batter who can intentionally hit a liner-type ball by bat control. The former is more common in sluggers, the latterJulio FrancoThere are many average hitters who can hit a hit ball between the XNUMXth base and the XNUMXrd base.
- Low ball hitter
- A batter who is strong against low balls.
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (1)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (2)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (2) [Original Note]
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (3)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (4)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (5)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (6)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (7)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (8)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (9)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (10)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (11)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 5.09 (a) (12)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 6.03 (a) (1)
- ^ Official Baseball Rules 6.03 (a) (2)
Change up(Changeup) isbaseball,soft ballInPitch typeIt is one of (changing spheres). However, in foreign countries such as major leagues, it is often referred to as "a ball with a slow ball speed thrown from the same arm swing as a straight ball" rather than a specific ball type.
For change up, dare to grab the ballballBy devising the grip so that power is not transmitted toFastballIt is a slow ball thrown from the same arm swing. It is mainly cast to shift the timing of the batter. It is also said to be the first ball to be remembered in the United States.
There is no uniformity in how to grasp,PitchingChanges depending onrotation・The ball speed also changes.FastballThere is a grip between the four seam and the two seam as well as the four seam has a relatively small bend and it is easy to control the ball. Some pitchers throw ups.. Also, some grips have unique names (#typeSee).Fork ballIt is said that the burden on the elbows and shoulders is lighter than that of the above.The United States of AmericaIs very heavily used in.
Origin played in the late 1800sTim KeefIt is said that. At that time, it was a transitional period when it was possible to throw upper hand from the rule of only lower hand throwing,Fastball,curveIt is also called a slow-ball (English: slow-ball) in the sense that it is a ball type that misses the timing (Efas pitchAnd another meaning).
Because it rotates less and the ball speed is slower than the fastball, it sinks while deceleratingOrbitIf the direction of rotation is tilted from the backspin and lateral rotation is applied, it will sink while bending to the right or left. Than changebatterIt is important to be mistaken for a fast ball, and the batter may feel that the ball is stalling if the speed difference with the fast ball is large.
Difference between Japan and the US
JapanThen "Change of pace"And "change up" were both words for "a slow ball that misses the timing",2000 eraAfter entering, the change-up was recognized as a change ball.[Source required].. In the United States, slowing down the ball speed was called change of pace,Slow ball thrown from the same arm swing as a straight ballThis is generally called change up, and since it became natural to slow down and change, change of pace is never used like a ball.Shingo Takatsu OfChicago White SoxSince all the changing balls to be thrown at the time of enrollment are several steps slower than the standard ball speed of MLB, the American commentator is Takatsusinker,curveWas all live and changed.Takashi Saito TheWeekly baseballIn the magazine, "It seems that all major spheres that cannot be classified by majors are roughly called "change-ups.""
Changeups are mainly classified by the difference in grip.
- Circle change(British: Circle Change) Is the most popular change-up pitch at the moment.
- A type of ball thrown with a grip that makes a circle with the index finger and thumb, and holds the ball with the middle finger to the little finger. HandfulOK signIs similar toOK ballAlso called. With this grip, even if you shake your arm like a fastball, the ball speed and the rotation of the ball are suppressed. Generally, the ball speed is about 15 to 25 km/h slower than the fastball, and a sinking trajectory is drawn.
- The shape of the ring made with the forefinger and thumb differs depending on the pitcher, such as the shape of a large ring with the tip of the forefinger and thumb, or the shape of a small ring with the forefinger at the base of the thumb. UpShoot rotationIt is easy to get caught, and it often falls slightly while bending slightly in the direction of the dominant hand like a sinker,Sinker screw ballFrom making changes close toSinker change(UK: sinker change)Change up sinker(English: change up sinker) Sometimes called. In NPBChihiro Kaneko,Taisuke Yamaoka,Takayuki Kishi, In MLBGreg Maddux,Pedro Martinez,Cole HammersIs a typical user.
- Split change(British: Split change, Split Finger Changeup) IsFork ballA change-up in which the ball is sandwiched between the index and middle fingers like in the figure, and it sharply sinks at the batter's hand..Garrett OlsonAccording to, the advantage of split change is that you can make various changes by attaching a ring finger that you would normally fold with a fork ball to the ball..Tim LinscumIs a typical user, and the number of users is increasing in recent years,Roy Haradey,Edward Muhika,Kenta Maeda,Carlos Carrasco,Aaron CivaleEtc. are using.
- Vulcan change(British: Vulcan change, Vulcan changeup) Is a change-up in which the ball is sandwiched between the middle finger and the ring finger and falls vertically quickly.Split fingered fastballChange close to. Rather than miss the timingEmpty swingThe purpose is to take, but if the ball speed is emphasized, the burden on the body is large. From the grip of the circle change, the ball is sandwiched between the middle finger and the ring finger and thrown, and it is possible to make lateral changes such as shooting rotation depending on whether the finger is put on the seam of the ball.
- The name of "Vulcan" is American science fiction drama "ス タ ー ト レ ッ ク] Appearing in the seriesBalkansThis is because the grip is similar to the Balkan style greeting in which the forefinger and middle finger, the ring finger and the little finger are respectively attached, and the palm is opened between the middle and ring fingers and the thumb is opened.Eric GagneIs a typical user,Jared burton,Guillermo MotaThey are throwing. In the Japanese worldKenji Ohnei,Hiroshi Otake,Seth GleisingerIs throwing. Also,Tetsuya ShiozakiIs a handful of Balkan changessinkerWas throwing.
- Palmball change(British: Palm ball change) Hold deeply with your thumb, forefinger and little fingerThree fingersと 呼 ば れ るPalm ballChange up to throw with a grip like.Trevor HoffmanWas a typical user and was taught by.. According to Hoffman, unlike the original palm ball, it gives a backspin close to a fastball... Hoffman's change-up is around 140km/h slower than his 16km/h fastballAt a ball speed of about 124 km/h, it suddenly changed several inches from the midpoint between the pitcher and the batter..Keith Fork,Fernando RodneyThey are throwing. Rodney, in particular, sometimes uses the ring finger to adjust and throw changes.
Fast change up
- FastballAnd fast change-up with little difference in ball speedFast change upCalledWith Darvish 2010I started throwing from and attracted attention in Japan. In NPBGonzalez Helmen, In MLBFelix Hernandez,Steven Strasburg,Zack grainyThe change-up ball speed is fast, and it may record a ball speed of 90mph (145km/h) or more.
Change up throwing from a grip similar to a curveLittle league change up, Hold the ball not on the tip of your finger, but on the ball of your finger.Straight changeSometimes called.
Johann SantanaChange-up has a large ball speed difference with the fast ball, so it is difficult for the batter to match the timing.parachuteLike opening and brakingParachute change(English: Parachute change).
- ^ Hideyuki Ishibashi, author "Level up! Baseball Chemistry/Technology/Practice, 2013, 120 pages.
- ^ a b c d e "Major League Changing Ball Bible" Baseball Magazine, 2010.ISBN 978-4-583-61678-0.
- ^ a b c d 2010-11 MLB Pitcher White Paper Explanation of Ball Type & Data File Change Up "Monthly Slugger" February 2011 issue, Japan Sports Planning Publisher, magazine 2-15509, page 2.
- ^ Matt Lyons (February 2021, 2). “Let's speculate about Aaron Civale's new pitch" (English). CoveringTheCorner.com. 2021th of February 4Browse.
- ^ Jack Curry, "Hoffman Savoring Fresh Start With Brewers," NYTimes.com, May 28, 2009. Retrieved November 2009, 11.
- ^ Josh Kalk, "Anatomy of a player: Trevor Hoffman," The Hardball Times, January 13, 2009. Retrieved November 2009, 11.
- ^ 2012-13 MLB Pitcher White Paper Explanation of Ball Type & Data File Change Up "Monthly Slugger" February 2013 issue, Japan Sports Planning Publisher, magazine 2-15509, page 2.