A series of questions to Minister Tamayo Marukawa, who opposes the married couple's surname. "Doesn't the contradiction make you suffocate?" Citizens' groups point out
If you write the contents roughly
"There is no country in the world that requires the same surname for married couples other than Japan, and the need to mix and" use the two names "is not understood at all overseas.
Mr. Tamayo Marukawa, who became the Minister of Gender Equality, has signed a document of volunteers of the LDP members who oppose the selective marital surname system ... → Continue reading
Huff Post Japan Edition
The Huff Post Japan edition, an international media that creates conversations, delivers daily news with a value that values diversity.
Wikipedia related words
If there is no explanation, there is no corresponding item on Wikipedia.
Family name by couple
Family name by couple(Fufussei), orMr. and Mrs.What is (Fufubetsu / Fufubetsuuji)?Husband and wife marriageEven after that, I did not change my surname legally, and before I got marriedLast name(Mr,Name,Last name) Marriage and family form or such a system.
In contrast,婚姻Marriage and family forms that sometimes unify the surnames of both parties, or the system therefor.Marriage surname"(Fufuseisei) or"Husband and wife"(Fufudouushi / Fufudouuji).A system that allows you to select a married couple's surname or same surname,Selective surname by couple"(Sentaku Kyufu Fubessei), or "Selective couple"(Sentakukifufufubetsu / Sentakukifufubetsuuji)..It is easy to be confused, but "Nickname used(Under the same surname system for married couples, the family register's surname is changed and the maiden name is used for work.) And the meaning is different.
In general, in pre-modern Japan, the "last name" when it is said to be a married couple's surname is Hira (Ason), Gen (Ason), etc. (Chinese law), and the "Mr." in the current Japanese law is the "last name" of Oda, Tokugawa, etc. (Japanese law) (#Historical history）..However, historically, names, surnames, surnames, and surnames that have different meanings are often treated synonymously in modern times...Since Japanese law uses "Mr." (Uji), there is a tendency to use "Mr. and Mrs. Uji" in legal discussions.[Page number required]..In the revision of the Civil Code in 22, it was claimed that "surname" was a non-familyist concept, but there was no support and "Mr." was maintained.Focusing on, I dare to prefer the word "married couple's surname"While some historians, the legal term should be used from the standpoint that he cannot be admitted to be antisocial..
This section is "Married couple's surnameAlthough it is introduced to scholars under the name of "," in the text, unless the original notation is respected, the legal discussion should be unified with "Mr." Used in the sense of (provisional).
Regarding the surname (Mr.) by selective couple, on the Ministry of Justice website, "Selective couple by couple"MrSystem (so-called selective marital surname system)", But" the surname selection system for each couple[Page number required]"Selection system by couple[Page number required]"Selective couple same-surname"Same-surname marriage selection systemNotations such as "" are also proposed.
Where the problem is
- The couple refers to the husband or wife as specified at the time of marriage.
- A person who intends to marry must state the matters on the left in the notification and notify that fact.
- XNUMX. Mr. and Mrs.
- D. Other matters specified by the Ordinance of the Ministry of Justice
The exception isInternational marriageLimited to.However
- (XNUMX) Because the "husband or wife" cannot call herselfidentityRisk of loss
- (XNUMX) There is a risk of indirect discrimination because the wife changes the name by convention.
- (XNUMX) Even if Mr. Kai is accepted, the procedure is complicated and costly, and there may be disadvantages in terms of work.
On the other hand, "Even if it is introduced, the problem (XNUMX) remains unless another person is selected, and the proponents insist on respect for diversity but do not consider the interests of the couple who select him. There is also skepticism that it may be nothing more than an indirect coercion of Mr. and Mrs. Betsu against the background of a specific ideology. "Opinion that another problem will occur, Mr. Parent and ChildAndExpanded use of maiden nameIs wise, It is better to be able to change the name easily and quicklyThere are also claims such as.In addition, there is a theory that some kind of institutional improvement is necessary even in the negative theory., The theory that even in the promotion theory, if there is an introduction of the selection system, it will not be a final solutionThere is.#Pros and consreference.
In the past, some countries had similar legal systems, but as a result of the amendmentAs of 2018, Japan said, "As far as the Ministry of Justice knows, there is no country other than Japan that currently adopts a husband and wife system in which one of the couples must be selected after marriage." (Remarks by the Director of the Civil Affairs Bureau of the Ministry of Justice, Legal Committee of the 196th House of Representatives).
Family Registration Law Article 107
- 2. When a person who has married a foreigner intends to change him to the name of his spouse, he / she will not obtain the permission of the family court within six months from the date of marriage. Then, you can notify that fact.
General law regarding application of lawAs a result, Article 750 of the Civil Code does not apply to foreigners and they become married couples.Family register lawIf you make the above notification, you will become the same person under the Family Register Act (Mr. by principle, Mr. Exception).In family register practice, "Mr. on the family register"When"Mr. Civil Code"Is operated separately, but the former becomes the legal name (real name).Another case where the two are in conflict is when they continue to give their names as married or married without returning to the old man at the time of divorce or adoption (Marriage sequel, Sequel to Mr. En.
Depending on the workplace / occupationmaiden name(Mr.)Popular nameIs allowed for convenience. Introduced for the first time at Fuji Xerox in 1988, even as a national civil servant2001Came to be recognized from.
As of 2010, 192% of 55.7 companies have introduced the system, and 1% of companies with 71.8 or more employees (according to Sanro Research Institute)...According to a government survey, less than half of all companies allow the use of maiden names..
In addition, it is generally inconvenient for employees to use the double name properly, and there are still problems such as not being able to use it for official documents because it is just a common name, and problems with identity...The maiden name cannot be used because the registration of officers, patent application, etc. are done by the person on the family register...Women who have inherited a corporation from their parents cannot afford to lose their own name, so they often give up marriage or have common-law marriages..Maiden name #problemsreference.
Common-law marriage under current Japanese law婚姻Since it is not treated as a proof of family relations such as at the time of admission because it is difficult to recognize from the outside.Spouse at the time of overseas assignmentvisaProblem of, Etc. in daily lifeinheritanceLegal and tax issues,成年 後 見Problem ofThere is.Also, the child is on the family registerIllegitimate childTreated as (children outside the marriage), AloneCustodyToParents share custodyCan't.De facto marriage # problems in de facto marriage"reference.
International public opinion
United NationsAdopted in 1979 by "Convention on the elimination of all forms of discrimination against girlsJapan signed in 1980 and ratified in 1985.
- Article 16: The Contracting States shall take all appropriate measures to eliminate discrimination against girls in all matters relating to marriage and family relations, in particular ensuring the following on the basis of gender equality: To do.
- (g) The same personal rights of the husband and wife (including the right to choose a surname and occupation).
United NationsCommittee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women(CEDAW) says that the couple in the Japanese Civil Code are "discriminatory provisions" and recommends improvement..
In this regard, individuals or groups whose rights have been infringed due to breach of the treaty can report to the Commission.Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against GirlsBecause Japan has not ratified, There is a move to ratify.
In addition,United States Department of StateThe annual report on the human rights situation in 199 countries and regions around the world has continued to refer to Japan's civil code provisions since the 2015 edition..
Civil Code Amendment
1994 "Draft Amendment to the Civil Code on Marriage System, etc.", 1996 Amendment to the Civil Code of the Legislative Council Report, Bipartisan opposition andKomeitoProposals presented in 2015, etc., Proposals presented by plaintiffs in selective marital proceedings,LDP内 のA meeting to realize an exceptional surname of a married coupleThere is a proposal proposed by.
1994 draft outline
- Plan A
- The couple refers to the husband or wife as specified at the time of marriage.However, it is possible not to make this provision (in principle, he, with exceptions).
- Besshi coupleAt the time of marriageTo the husband or wife,The child callsShall be defined as
- After the envy, the married couple shall be able to refer to the husband or wife by making a notification pursuant to the Family Registration Act.
- Plan B
- A couple may refer to their husband or wife as stipulated at the time of marriage (By principle, He can be referred to only if a special agreement is reached at the time of marriage).
- Neither the conversion from another married couple to another married couple nor the conversion from another married couple to another married couple after marriage is permitted.
- The child of the Besshi coupleParents' consultation at birthDetermined by
- Plan C
- A married couple shall refer to the husband or wife of the wife, as provided for in the marriage.
- A husband or wife who has changed his name due to marriage will obtain the consent of the other party, and at the same time as the notification of the marriage, the notification will be made in accordance with the Family Registration Law.Self-nameAnd can be.
- A husband or wife whose predecessor name is his or her own name may be abolished by giving notification under the Family Registration Law.
Japan Federation of Bar AssociationsCriticizes that Plans A and B are based on either Mr. or Mr. Betsu, but should not be superior or inferior... He criticizes Plan C that his two-tier system is confusing and practically unequal...Supports Plan B for Mr. KoHowever, if the consultation is not reached or cannot be discussed, it should be decided by the referee of the family court..
Later, in the 1996 report of the Legislative Council, a draft outline was created that was eclectic with Plan B by modifying Plan A, which allows applicants to have another person, while maintaining the framework of the current system. Was done..In April 2002, the Ministry of Justice presented a plan similar to Plan A..
1996 Legal Council Report
United NationsOf 1975International Women's YearThe international movement to promote the protection of women's rights, which started in 1985, and ratified Japan in XNUMXConvention on the Elimination of Discrimination against WomenIn 1991, Japan wasGender equalityWhile formulating a domestic action plan to promote measures,Legal councilInFamily lawStarted the review work of.
The Legislative Council has been deliberated over five years, and in February 5 after two interim reports in 1992 and 1995 and the announcement of a draft tentative plan in 2.Minister of JusticeLegislative Council, which is an advisory body to the Ministry of Justice, reported to the Minister of Justice on the outline of the proposed amendment to the Civil Code, including the revision of family law..
The main contents are as follows.
- 世界Marriage age unified to 18 years for men and women according to the trend of
- Imposed only on womenRemarriage prohibition periodShortening
- Realization of selective couples
- Child outside the marriage OfinheritanceAbolition of discrimination
Marriage age unification was established in 2018 (2022(Reiwa4 years)May 4Enforcement), To shorten the remarriage ban period (Remarriage Prohibition Period LitigationSupreme CourtUnconstitutional rulingBy) 2015May 12Carried out on, Abolition of inheritance discrimination for children born out of wedlock was realized in 2013 (due to the Supreme Court's unconstitutional ruling).
Regarding Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couples
- People's demands against the backdrop of diversifying values
- Personal dignityFrom the perspective ofPersonalityProfit should be protected legally
- Married couples are already allowed in various countries around the world, and do not violate the essence and philosophy of marital / parent-child relationships.
Final Report (1996)
After deliberation by the Legislative Council Status Law Subcommittee established in January 1991, the Legislative Council submitted a draft amendment to the Civil Code in a 1 report.Minister of JusticePresented to.
- The couple may refer to the husband or wife, or, as prescribed at the time of marriage.Mr. before marriage of each personShall be referred to.
- When a couple decides to name their premarital name, the couple shall refer to the husband or wife at the time of marriage.The child callsShall be defined as
In line with this deliberation, the civil administration councilFamily registerAlso reported to the Minister of Justice regarding "handling of".
- The family register will be edited for each couple and each child who shares the same name with one or both.
- The name shall be listed in the order of the person who names the person specified as the name of the child and his / her spouse.
- For the family register, enter the name in the column where the name is entered in the current family register.
Respecting the advantages of the current system that can grasp the parent-child / inheritance relationship in a list, the standard unit for family register compilation of couples and parents and children was maintained..
Since the report of the Legislative Council, the opposition has been bipartisan and has been submitting civil code amendments almost every session, but it has been repeatedly abolished and resubmitted without deliberation.("#chronologySee). OtherKomeitoAlso submitted the amendment alone in 2001.Democratic PartyIn 2015,Social Democratic Party,Japan Communist PartyIn collaboration withHouse of CouncilorsThe proposal submitted to.
- A couple shall refer to their husband or wife, or their pre-marriage, as provided for when they marry.
- Husbands or wives who have changed their name by marriage before the enforcement of the revised law shall, based on the agreement with their spouse, notify by separate law within two years from the date of enforcement of the revised law, only during the marriage. , Can be restored to his premarital status.
- The child of the Besshi coupleAt birthShall refer to the father's or mother's stipulated in the parent's consultation.
- Provided, however, that if the consultation cannot be reached or if the consultation cannot be conducted, the family court may, at the request of the father or mother, make a judgment on behalf of the consultation.
In 2018,Constitutional Democratic Party,National Democratic Party,Independent society,Japanese Communist Party,Liberal party,Social Democratic PartyThe same applies to the proposals submitted by the five opposition parties and one parliamentary group..KomeitoWas submitted in 2001 by the same content.
Selective couple's plan by revision of family register law
In the January 2018 proceedings against the country, the plaintiffsMarriage sequelWith the system in mind, the Family Register Act should be revised so that the "Mr. on the Family Register" and the "Mr. Claim.. Specifically, the plaintiffs argue that the following articles can be added to the family register law to realize selective surnames for married couples without amending the Civil Code..
- A person who has changed his name due to marriage and wants to say the person who had said before the marriage must state the date of marriage in the notification and notify that effect.
Regarding the proposal, in 2019National Democratic PartyRepresentativeYuichiro TamakiHowever, he has expressed his intention to amend the Family Register Act so that he can choose another person even when Japanese people get married..
Family court permit system separate bill
Established on July 2002, 7,Seiko NodaBy some members of the Liberal Democratic PartyA meeting to realize an exceptional surname of a married coupleProposed by.When there are special reasons such as workplace circumstances or the need for ancestral ritualsFamily courtIt is a plan to approve with the permission of.It was submitted to the Liberal Democratic Party's Legal Subcommittee as an act of parliament, but the submission to the Diet was postponed without reaching an agreement within the party..
- If it is necessary to name each person before marriage even after marriage due to work life circumstances, presidency of ancestral rituals, or other reasons, permission from the family court to become a separate couple can be obtained.
- In principleThe change from another Mr. and Mrs. Couple to the same Mr. and Mrs. The opposite is not accepted.
- The married couple decides "the person the child should call" at the time of marriage.
The Asahi Shimbun is a compromise to persuade strong opponentsIntroducing criticism that requiring family court permission other than bisexual agreement may lead to unconstitutional discrimination, occupational discrimination and revival of the family system..
- Former name surname system (1997)
Liberal Democratic Party / Socialist Party / PRESTO Administration's 1997 Liberal Democratic Party Legal Subcommittee "Family Law Subcommittee" (Chair:Hironori Nonaka) As a plan considered byThere is.If you notify with the consent of your spouse, you will be able to use your maiden name in all aspects of social life..
Masako OhwakiThe reason why the bill was not submitted was that 20 supporters were needed, and the LDP had "3, 2, 1 rules" in its own administration, and 10 of them were needed, but they were not available. , Liberal Democratic Party backReligiousHe mentioned that there were many countersignatures from the group..
A statement by the chairman of the Japan Federation of Bar Associations criticized that if he was virtually the same as the selective couple, he would not have to stick to his family register coercion, and Mr. Duplex would cause social turmoil..
- Exceptional couple's proposal (2001)
In 2001 the Ministry of JusticeProposal for legal reviewThe same proposal as above was resubmitted and was postponed, so the following April 2002Summary planThe same "exceptional couple's surname plan" as Plan A was presented.This plan has also been put off.
- Legalization plan for the use of common names (2002/2020)
Opposition to Selective Married Couples in 2002Sanae TakaichiBy Seiko Noda et al.Family Court Permit Marriage PlanWas argued within the Liberal Democratic Party, he insisted on "legalizing the use of popular names" as a "countermeasure"...Takaichi resubmits the same proposal to the LDP Legal Committee in 2020..This plan has the following contents.
- Indicate in the family register that "the person before marriage will be used as a common name."
- The state, local governments, businesses, and all public and private organizations are obliged to take steps to "combined" the premarital name, which is commonly used.
- Japan Restoration Party Manifest (2019)
2019 years,Japan Restoration PartyHas stated in the House of Councilors election promise (manifest) that "general legal effect on the use of maiden names while maintaining the principle of the same family register and the same person".
- Premarital name continuation system (2020)
Apart from the ideological problem, in 2020 from the perspective of relief for those who want to continue using the old manTomomi InadaA private proposal proposed by.The family register is the same, for example, even if the first person is a husband, if the wife reports that he will use the old man, he will clearly state in the family register so that he can continue to use only the old man publicly, and the family name is a private scene. Use in..Inada proposed at the House of Representatives Legal Committee on November 2020, 11 that he would be able to use his former man if he filed a notification within three months...The following changes have been made.
- Article 750, Paragraph 2 of the Civil Code "A husband or wife who has changed his / her name pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph may refer to his / her pre-marriage name by notifying him / her within three months from the date of marriage pursuant to the provisions of the Family Register Act." Newly established.
- Article 74, Paragraph 2 of the Family Register Act "A person who intends to name a person before marriage pursuant to the provisions of Article 750, Paragraph 2 of the Civil Code must state the date of marriage in the notification form and notify that fact." Newly established.
- Middle name proposal (2021)
The idea is to write the surnames of both husband and wife in the family name as middle names when they get married, and give legal grounds to the maiden name while keeping the same family name.Liberal Democratic PartyMasako MoriProposed by the Legal Committee of the House of Councilors in March 2021.
Related Civil Code Amendment
- Same-sex marriage
In 2019, the bipartisan opposition will be the first in JapanSame-sex marriageSubmit a Marriage Equality Bill to the House of Representatives..At the same time, a new and old comparison table for the selective couple bill is also shown...There is also a lawsuit seeking same-sex marriage, The first unconstitutional decision was made by the Sapporo District Court on March 2021, 3..
- Joint custody
- Creation theory, combined surname theory
Criticized that the choice system to stick to the maiden name was not reasonable,Marriage surnameAlso, we propose a system that includes married couple surnames.On the other hand, he introduces himself that there are counterarguments such as lack of reality and difficulty in realization, obsession with family names is outdated, and it is not possible to respond to various family forms..
Significance of historical theory
In relation to the current law, the Japanese tradition has been argued that it should not be changed because it is the same surname for married couples since ancient times. There is a strong insistence on the positive theory of selective married couples' surnames, which is merely a change to the above, and that admitting different surnames is more suitable for tradition.On the other handSatoshi Sakata (Historian)Criticizes that both theories are wrong, the former is ignoring history, and the latter is also a popular theory that confuses surname and surname (institutional introduction is acceptable)..
In addition, it is due to the belief that Mr. and Mrs. Betsu are progressive, and that in the early modern period is not a tradition that should be preserved due to the manifestation of male-dominated women's ideas, but while admitting that it is a progressive groupRevivalismThere is also criticism that it is self-contradiction to useTetsuya Miyazaki-Shuji Yagi-Atsushi Oyano, Opposition to introduction)It is also argued that both pros and cons should be discussed separately from the current law amendment theory (Ofuji Osamu).
On the other hand, he argues that it is indispensable to examine history from the standpoint of reflecting the socio-economy of each era.There is also.
Yamato Imperial CourtThe name (Ujina) originally possessed by the ancient lords was officially recognized by the emperor, and some were newly given (Genhira Fuji Tachibana).In addition, a surname (kabane) indicating national status was given (Surname system).In the case of Soga no Umako, Soga's name (Ujina) and Minister's surname (Sogano Omi Umako)Kabane).When the Ritsuryo system was established in the Nara period, Kabane became a mere corpse and assimilated with the name (Ujina).Last nameBecame called (sei).
All ordinary people (citizens) were identified by their family register, belonged to some large clan group, and had a family name (Common people, Hyakusei).That is, many common people appear as composers.Manyoshu』It is clear.Especially until the early Heian period, when the authority of the emperor was alive, it was highly valued...Since it was said that he would give his father's surname (patrilineal inheritance), it was not changed by marriage and was literally a married couple's surname.If you go back to your father's side, it shows that you are connected to the imperial family, and it is also claimed that the dimension is different from the surnames of later couples, which shows the connection with your parents' family (Sakata).
However, as a unique feature different from China and South KoreaSame name unmarriedThere were many people who were given the same surname in a fictitious manner even if there was no taboo and no blood connection.(In principle, different surnames, exceptions to the same surname).
Late Heian to Early Medieval
As the emperor's power declined following the customs politics and cloister ruleNameOccurs.
Often as an example of a married couple's surname (Mr.) in the Middle AgesYoritomo GengenWife ofMasako HojoCan be mentioned (Hiroshi Iwata,Mizuho Fukushima,Noriko Mizuno, And many others).
Minamoto no Yoritomo's wife was Masako Hojo, who was never called Masako Gen. ...... Ashikaga Yoshimasa's wife is Tomiko Hino ... Since ancient times, even if a woman got married and entered her husband's house, she did not abandon her birthplace's surname, and her wife became a husband's family as a person with a different surname. I have belonged.This practice was passed down through the samurai law until the first half of the Meiji era. — Hirofumi Idota, “Last Name and Name Searching for“ House ””, p. 144, 1986 (Showa 61)
However, as mentioned above, there are many criticisms and problems in citing the discussion of current law.
- Masako Hojo
It is just a name for the convenience of posterity, and the fact that it was actually named has not been confirmed..
- Personal name composition
Even my father's TokimasaHojo ToseiI don't call myself.The official name (= the name given to the emperor) is the surname +real name"Hiracho Ason Tokimasa", usually surname +Popular name"Hojo Shiro".
- The nature of the surname
"Hojo" has a strong character of being a private name of Tokisei.Akira KatoAccording to generationsHojoAlmost never claims to be.For example, so-calledHojo Tokunein the case of,Childhood→ "Taro Sagami" (Sagami Mamoru OfLegitimate manMeaning) → It is the official title..The surname at that time was used only for that generation, and was not the name of a permanent organization (family name) inherited from generation to generation..
- Real name nature
"Masako" is諱Therefore, women at that time rarely give their names to the outside world.The name of Girls' Generation is unknown..The practice of avoiding real names is widespread in various ethnic groups and remains in modern Japan, but the second shogun.Source sourceEven at this time, the fact that he called the real name of the Hojo Ichimon left a stigma.Taboo of the abomination nameWas strong and it was difficult to record.DefeatThe name in is "Second placeTono ".
- Difference between surname and surname
Hojo is the surname and the source is the surname, and the surname cannot be changed to Genji by marriage (excluding the son-in-law who will be described later).Even in the Middle Ages when there was no family registration and it was easy to change the nameHideyoshi HashibaCannot change the family name without permission,Maehisa Konoe OfnephewbecomeMr. Fujiwara OfFamily nameBy gettingKanpakuI was able to.
- Difference between surname and Mr.
Itoda also clearly states that the "last name" at that time and the "Mr." today are different..
- Wife's attribution
There is also disagreement with the view that his wife was treated as a stranger in a married family as a "person of a different surname."The wife at that time emerged as a major member of the married family when she became a "back family," and inherited the property and absolute patriarchal rights of her late husband.TerritoryIt was not uncommon to lead that relative as.
Late Middle Ages
The split inheritance in the Kamakura period shifted to a single inheritance in the Northern and Southern Dynasties.Family,Family businessA permanent "house" that inherits such things is established.The surname became a family name and was inherited from generation to generation (Last name）.
CustomsHowever, the positive wife came to be recognized as a member of the married family, and was called by the surname of the married family + the social name of the wife (example:Kujo HisatsuneDaughter of,Nijo TadafusaSeishitsu Keiko =NijoNorth government office,Fushimi-no-miya SadaatsuDaughter of,Nijo HaruyoshiSeishitsu = Nijo Kitaseisho).In other words, according to the couple's surnameThe same surname of the coupleMet.Ashikaga YoshimasaRoomTomiko HinoSome commentators give an example of a married couple's surname (Mr.), but there is no fact that he actually gave his name, and the surname + 諱 "Fujiwara Tomiko" is the official name (more accurately, Fujiwara Ason Tomiko).), There is no reason to call himself Mr. Hino after marriage from the conventional wisdom at that time, and he criticizes it as a misunderstanding of posterity that confused the surname and surname..
Hosokawa GarashaIs my parents' houseMr. AkechiOf a married familyMr. HosokawaSince he is also a Genji, he has the same surname as the couple, but regarding the surname, Kumagai Kaisaku wrote that he seemed to refer to Hosokawa Gracia as a Christian... "Akechi GarashiaSome scholars take the notation.
In the case of ordinary people who do not have a surname, the surnames of married couples in the early Middle Ages became the mainstream in the latter half of the Middle Ages, but (non-Christians)) Women rarely used surnames.
For example, according to the materials left at Tanba Kuniyama Kokuso in 1471 (3rd year of Bunmei), the case where the Eguchi family in Idomura wrote "Eguchi Sayado Senzenmon, Domyouju Zennen Married Couple" at Bodaiji Temple, 1528 ( In 8 (1545th year of Astronomy), Tsurunobei of the same village, in the case of a couple of a princess and Bomata Jiro signing a letter of concession to give their daughter a rice field at a house in Shimokuroda village in Edago, Daiei. It has been confirmed that Jiro handed over the forest to his sister, "Imoto Saima," who married the Imoto family, and it has been demonstrated that the couple was common at least there..
Tadashi Sakata argues that the tradition of the couple is longer than the 100 years after the Meiji era, as claimed by Hirofumi Idota, but it cannot be said to be a long-standing tradition, and it is about 500 to 600 years at most. Are.
Female inheritance of surname
According to one theoryHideyoshi ToyotomiOriginally did not have a surname,Son-in-lawRenamed to Yuhisa Kinoshita in the name ofSugihara SadatoshiDaughter ofOneIt is said that he came to call himself "Kinoshita Toyotomi Hideyoshi" by marrying.
In the early modern period (Edo period), it is said that the use of surnames and surnames (Mr.) was prohibited except for some people (common people) (the ban in 1801 (the first year of Kyowa)). To be precise, as an easy means of financingFamily name swordIt is pointed out that it was only forbidden by the "lord / Jito" to forgive.
The distinction between surname and surname became ambiguous and was often confused, but in the samurai class, the surname was used as a set with the real name in a formal place such as the awarding of a government office, and it was clearly distinguished from the surname..
As an exampleAshi HigashiyamaMy wife's husband's imprisonment license has a signature of "Iizuka [Iizukacho]" (Izukacho) and the wife who married the Matsuo family.Many people(Tase) is HirataSinologyIt has been pointed out that the vows book when he entered the company was signed by his parents' family, "Taseko Matsuo, wife of Sajiemon Matsuo," and that there is a grave marker for Mr...It is also pointed out that the custom of "returning" to the graveyard of the parents' house after the death of his wife is widely distributed from Hokuriku to Tohoku..
On the other hand, there are criticisms that the common people in the early modern period were not generally married couples because the Meiji government's temporary policy of married couples was dissatisfied with them (Sakata)..
In addition, there is a cautious argument that it is not possible to decide on one of the common customs because there are too few historical materials (Ofuji)..
As an example, the widow of a tradesman in Osaka, who became the heir of the middleman, often calls himself "○○ family", and even if it appears in the name of a woman, it is officially recognized for a very short period of time...Also, in the samurai, the priest of Qin WangCho Koran ReverenceHusband's in exerciseYanagawa SeiganThere is an example of giving the surname of (Inazu Nagasumi).
However, it was rare for a wife to give herself, usually without having to give herself...Hirofumi Idota states that if the common people are allowed to name him for reasons such as roles, only boys, mainly the head of the family, can call him, and women have nothing to do with him (no name)..
In the past, the predominant theory was that ordinary people in the Edo period did not have a surname.Tomio HoraSince the 1952 study of XNUMX, many cases have been pointed out that ordinary people also used surnames., It is confirmed that the common people in the early modern period also used the surname..Itoda says that the common people had a person who was allowed a nominal name and a person who called himself privately..
For example, according to the temple reconstruction service book in Sakakita Village, Higashichikuma District, Nagano Prefecture in 3 and 1783, all the farmers in the area had him.In addition, according to the list of 13 places in Nan'an County in the prefecture, most of the farmers in the region had him.The wife is described as "the same wife"..At the end of the Edo periodIsamu Kondo,Toshizo HijikataThe Miyagawa and Hijikata families who producedTamaFarmer.
However, the surnames of the common people do not function very well as "family names", and the surnames of generations (such as "○ left and right gate" and "○ bei")NamePlayed an important significance.
In December 3, when he was appointed as a deputy officer, the former surname + real name such as Genhirafuji Tachibana was changed to the surname + real name, and in October of the following year, the official document was also written with the surname + real name. It was unified. In May 12 (Meiji 10), Saigo Yoshinosuke changed the policy to let all the people choose either their real name or their common name.Saigo TakamoriBecame.
March 1872, 3 (February 9, 5), Family Register Act (February 2, 1) for the purpose of grasping the current situation of the people for tax collection, conscription, security maintenance, etc.Family register) Enforcement.
Here, the surname or surname is registered as "Mr." and the common name or real name is registered as "First name".One person one person principlePrinciple established.
However, there was confusion such as some people changing their surnames from old times, and fathers, brothers, and younger brothers living together reporting different surnames.The administration side was also inconsistent, and even though the same family was ordered to have the same surname, there were cases where the wife reported it with the surname of her parents' family..
The Daijo-kan decree on August 8 prohibits renaming and renaming.Although it was part of the common people's liberation policy, it caused a great deal of confusion for the common people who used the name of the family and the name of the house.(Relaxed by the Daijo-kan order eight years later).
Prime Minister's Order
Regarding the treatment of the couple's surname, in order to ensure that the surname is mandatory, a new surname may be created at the time of marriage, adoption, divorce, etc. in the decree of the Daijo-kan in December 1875..
However, since the wife's status is similar to that of her husband, it is reasonable to name her husband's family, but while the Ministry of Home Affairs asked the Daijo-kan to make an unprecedented decision, March 1876, 9 (Meiji 3). Daijo-kan Directive No. 17 says, "I'm going to marry a woman who is visiting me.Mr. ToshioInheriting the house of TadashiMr. husband”Answered(Original text is old font katakana, the same applies below).It means that a wife who does not inherit her husband's house should use "Mr. Shosei", that is, Mr. Birthplace.However, if the wife inherits the husband's "house", the name of the "husband" will be referred to, and if the wife separates from the husband's house, the husband's name will be referred to.(Mr. by principle, Mr. Exception).
Regarding the reason why the Daijo-kan Legal Affairs Bureau rejected the claim of the Ministry of Interior, "My wife has a different status from her surname even if she follows her husband's status." Three points have been pointed out: "Ignore history".
There was disagreement with this, and local government offices asked about it almost every year until just before the promulgation of the Meiji Civil Code, and in many years it reached five.It is a general local custom for a wife to refer to her husband's family, and even though it is rare to refer to her husband's family, if she sticks to the "Mr. Shosei" policy, she criticizes it as a source of confusion. Was done.
Later scholars often refer to women as husbands in private practice., Pointed out that it did not change even after the Daijo-kan order.TokyoThen, it was reported that very few wives named their birthplace even after marriage..
For that reason, Itoda was at the time of compiling the Meiji Civil Code, which will be described later.Kuniomi YokotaBased on the remarks of the committee members, Mr. and Mrs. Betsu in the early modern period are intended to clarify the "source" of his wife in a polygamy system in which the main room and the concubine live together., "The belly is borrowed" is just a manifestation of the ideology of men and women. It is explained that Mr. and Mrs. Betsu, who are treated as strangers, felt uncomfortable...However, there are criticisms of this view as well, and the mother of a samurai family in the Edo period was "abnormally authoritative" over her son (All cock), So it is claimed that it was not a simple male-dominated woman ()Keiko Shiba）.
Regarding the treatment in the family register after the directive, there were many cases where the wife's name was not mentioned, but there were also cases where the birthplace's name was left behind..
Draft Civil Code of Meiji 10/11
1877(Meiji 10) In September, the "Civil Code Draft Personnel Edition" was stipulated as follows.
- The woman can use her husband's surname
Until around the 11th year of the Meiji era, the terms were not fixed, and the surname, surname, and surname were mixed in the law (unified by the Meiji Civil Code)..
Immediately overturning Mr. and Mrs. Betsu in the previous year's directive is a sign of the Meiji government's lack of confidence in "Mr.", What is in line with the custom of the common people at that time, "Mr. and Mrs.,inequalityTreaty revisionWith reference to the Christian couple theory, Etc.
Western legal affairs at that time
In France, what was overturned the following year after the 1793 Revolutionary Act liberalized his name and caused confusion (slightly relaxed in 1802), but took effect because the French Civil Code did not stipulate it. Keep,Mr. Immutable PrincipleHas been confirmed.
Due to the application of Buddhist law under the Napoleonic regime, the Dutch Civil Code of 1829 clarified unclear points in addition to the almost verbatim translation of the French Civil Code.Then it is as follows.
- Not limited to any number of peopleChange your surnameOr to add another surname to your surnameDon't get(France11th year of republic"Zelminar" May 11th Law)
Article 1975 (Husband) before the 144 revision of the Italian Civil Code
- The husband is the head of the family.The wife follows her husband's civil statusTake the name of her husband's houseAnd wherever the husband believes it is convenient to set the address, he has an obligation to accompany him..
In other words, if the couple in the 10th year of the Meiji era modeled a foreign code, there is a possibility of the Italian Civil Code..
However, even in France, the principle of immutability was only known to scholars and some intellectuals.Since it was common for married wives to refer to their husbands, the revised law of 1893 (Meiji 26 in Japan) confirmed the custom, and the theory allowed married wives to use their husbands. I understand that it was.
Article 311 (currently Article 300)
- 1.SeparationWaka is sentenced to his wife laterName the husbandForbidden to do so, or to allow it to be forgiven.If the husband adds his wife's name to his own, the wife will be required to request that the husband be prohibited from calling him..
Article 299 (currently Article 264, Paragraph 1)
- 2. Due to the effect of divorce, each spouse recovers his own name.
Article 2013 of the Austrian Civil Code before the 93 revision
- 1. The couple must refer to the same person.This is my husband's.However, it is also possible to define the wife's name as a common person.
- 2. When the husband's name is a common name, the wife can postpone the maiden name.
However, at that time, there was almost no information on German law in Japan, and in the same yearNakae Chomin SaxonyIt was just a translation of the inheritance law.School of the Association of SciencesWas founded in 1883 (Meiji 16), but had no influence on the Civil Code..
Old Civil Code First Draft
In January 1888 (Meiji 21), the first draft of the German Civil Code was completed...It was criticized that the old Civil Code did not refer to this draft, which was said to be the most progressive and rational at the time..
Around OctoberToshizo KumanoThe former private corporation affairs draft was completed by the Japanese committee members.
Human Resources Article 38
- 1. There are two types of marriage: ordinary marriage and special marriage
- 2.In honor of the woman and her husbandWhen you obey yourself, you call it a normal marriage.
- In the opposite caseSpecial marriageCloud
- 3. Special marriage requires a clear intention of both parties
- If there is any doubt about that intention, it is considered to be a normal marriage.
In foreign law, I mainly referred to the French-Italian Civil Code and also the draft Belgian Civil Code.In the same article, the inheritance of his female descent by marriage is permitted, and the drafter Kumano also said, "It is not possible to distinguish between two types of marriage.Our country's customsBased on "("Civil Code Draft Personnel Edition Reasons』40), at least subjectively clearly based on Japanese customs (Kumagaya).
There are criticisms of posterity that it is doubtful that such a custom was already established at that time (Kumagaya).In fact, it is said that the common people's consciousness at that time was close to that of the couple (Itoda)..
Buddhist legal scholar in March 23Misao Inoue(Kansai Law SchoolCurrentKansai UniversityThe founder) also wrote on the draft, saying, "It depends on the old custom that marriage is usually done as two kinds of special cases. It is different from the old and modern examples to call the husband's husband. In ancient times, women are their parents' homes. I praise him, butSince the ShogunateActually, he named his husband, and even now he still refers to his husband and does not show his parents' family register.Therefore, I am not in a habit, but in fact, I am obedient to the current situation. ".
Old Civil Code Review Plan
Re-investigation Proposal Personnel Edition Article 342
- 1. The owner is the head of the family, and the family is the spouse of the owner and the relatives in the family.
- 2. The owner and his familyMr. houseTo name
- 1. There are two types of marriage: ordinary marriage and special marriage
- 2. When referring to a woman or husband and obeying their status, is this a normal marriage?The owner womanWhen you name him and obey his statusMarriageSo-called
- 3. Marriage of a husband is required to express the intention of both parties. When the intention is expressed, it is regarded as a normal marriage.
Here, emphasizing that "husband's" became "house's" (Article 342), it seems that the draft is conservative.Often.
On the other hand, it was not approved in the first draftFemale ownerAfter admitting, Despite criticism from local judges and prosecutors that special marriages should be abolished, he continues to allow his succession to women in the form of a married couple (Article 23)..
It is a unique feature of Japanese law that women can be exceptionally patriarchs..
Article 1970 before the 213 revision of the French Civil Code
- 1.Husband who is the chief of the familyHas the right to choose a home; the wife is obliged to live with her husband and the husband is obliged to accept the wife..
Old civil law
- 1. The owner is the head of the family, and the family is the spouse of the owner and the relatives and relatives in the family.
- 2.The owner and the family refer to the family
Some posterity (1950s) scholars evaluate it as an epoch-making rule that abandoned Eastern principles and adopted Western marital ideas (). .
- MarriageIn the case of, the married husband will exercise his right on behalf of the owner.
In principle, the head of the husband is the head of the family, so the wife calls him, but only in the case of marriage, the husband stays at "the husband acts on behalf of the head" and the status of "head". Is nominally not replacedIn this case, the husband refers to his wife (Article 243, Paragraph 2 of the same).
This code isCivil Code ControversyHowever, the fact that the husband and wife's provisions were criticized by the postponement group has not been confirmed, and there is no change in the Meiji Civil Code...The family law part of the old Civil Code was established with considerable respect for customs, so unlike the Property Law, it was inherited by the Meiji Civil Code without any fundamental amendments.BecauseMythical understanding.
Meiji Civil Law
In 1898 (31st year of Meiji)Meiji Civil LawThe family law part was promulgated and enforced, and the couple was legally confirmed.
Article 22 before revision in 746
- The owner and the family refer to the name of the house
It was specially said that a person who was called a wife by the order of the Ministry of the Interior or the Cabinet or something called a wife should refer to his birthplace even because of his marriage. That is inconvenient, butWifeOf course, the familyIt is okay to name the ownerI thought ... Even now, there are some officials who are saying Yahari, but I think that there is no reason to change her husband. .. — Hozumi Yatsuka
It is inconvenient for Ataka to say something ... Belonging to her husband's houseIt is natural to name the husband's house nameI think that the directive is ... I don't think that my husband is as powerful as his husband when it comes to the customary law of Japan today. — Masaaki Tomii
It's not customary for a wife to call her parents' family ...ChinaSomething inscription in the stylesourceThis is to make sure that ... I doubt that he will always call himself his parents' house ... In Japan, he actually calls himself his husband. — Kuniomi Yokota
Of the drafting committeeKenjiro UmeExplained that the purpose of unifying the latter was that the administrative practices of Chinese law and Japanese customs at that time were inconsistent...Of the committeeYoshito Okuda(Ei Gee Law SchoolCurrentChuo UniversityThe founder) also admitted that his wife had a custom of naming his birthplace, saying, "Because this custom is already virtually abolished, this law does not belong to the family exclusively by him, and is the same. Everything in the house requires the same name. ".
About his succession to women, it is as follows.
- 1. Wife enters husband's house due to marriage
- 2. Marriage and marriageSon-in-lawEnters his wife's house
Normally, since "a wife enters her husband's house due to marriage" (Article 788, paragraph 1), in principle, the wife gives her husband's name (Article 746), but in addition to the marriage, the husband is the wife. To enter the house of, give his wife's name (Article 788, Paragraph 2, Article 746).
Ume introduced that his wife would refer to her husband's name under the Civil Code of Switzerland, Austria, Italy and Germany (with the exception of Spain), although foreign examples are not particularly helpful, and are virtually the same even in the absence of a statement. Show understanding (146th Code Study Group), In Japan, it is explained that "in the case of marriage and adoption of a husband, it is natural that the husband should instead enter the wife's house"..
Article 161 before the revision of the Swiss Civil Code
- 1. Wife acquires husband's surname and status.
Article 1976 before the revision of the German Civil Code in 1355
- WifeHusband'sShall be referred to as.
Regarding the female owner who is the target of marriage, some Buddhist lawmakers have issued an amendment theory that does not allow it at all, but it is rejected, and it is permitted to continue when there is a manifestation of intention of both parties (Article 736) Was taken (127th Code Study Group）.
Relationship with German law
But,Imperial AssemblyAccording to the explanation to, Article 746 of the Meiji Civil Code is the same as Article 23, Paragraph 243 of the former Civil Code of 2, and there is no change in the purpose of the system (Reason for amendment of the Civil Code).
Law scholars argue that it was not the Meiji Civil Code but the revised Civil Code after the war that the German Civil Code must have been referred to for the couple...In terms of content, the Meiji Civil Code calls the name of "house" instead of "husband", so the husband may refer to his wife's house (Articles 788 and 746), and when he divorces, he leaves the house. While returning to the old man to "return to his parents' house" (Articles 739 and 746), under the German lawChristian Marital TheoryAgainst this background, he pointed out that there is a big difference that he will not return to his parents' house even if he divorces because he will leave his parents' house due to marriage and form a new "marriage".are doing.
Summary of historical theory
- Sakata theory: The tradition of the same surname of married couples that occurred in the Middle Ages was inherited in detail and became apparent in the early Meiji era, and was confirmed by the Meiji Civil Code.
- Itoda theory: The custom of the same surname of a married couple that occurred after the mandatory surname of a married couple in the early Meiji era was approved by the old Civil Code and confirmed by the Meiji Civil Code.
- Kumagai theory: Various customs in the early Meiji era were unified by the couple in the first draft of the old Civil Code, and gradually became Japanese.Family systemConfirmed by the Meiji Civil Code while increasing the color of
- Other XNUMX: The current law inherits the same surname of an ancient Japanese couple
- Other XNUMX: The ancient Japanese couple's surname was forcibly amended by the Meiji Civil Code by imitating foreign law.
Revised Civil Code / Family Register Act
After the war, in July 1946 (Showa 21), the Cabinet Extraordinary Legal Examination Committee and the Ministry of Justice Judicial Legislative Council began deliberations on the revision of the Civil Code.Regarding marriage, there were proposals for "wife to name her husband's name" and "to leave him to social customs", but in July of the following year, the final proposal was to name her husband or wife's name..
- The initial GHQ had no fixed opinion on the Japanese family system
- The couple both referred to the husband's name and did not object to the idea of calling the wife's name when there was a manifestation of opposition.
- While listening to the opinions of Japanese people, I changed to the opinion that only the third generation family register should be abolished, and that the couple should also be liberalized.
- The appearance of the bill based on the principle of husband's marriageArticle 24 of the Constitution of JapanOkuno revised it to the current law because there was a female lieutenant who criticized it as a violation, but before that, the Japanese side had decided on a similar revision.
- In Western countries at that time, including the United States, it was common for wives to refer to their husbands.
The circumstances such as are revealed.
The revised Civil Code was enacted in December 1947 and came into effect in January of the following year.He can now choose between a married couple, regardless of the form of his son's adopted child or married couple (Article 12).The person who changes the name becomes an indispensable formal requirement for notification (Family Register Act, Article 1, Paragraph 750).
Nakagawa, who had been a husband and wife scholar since before the war, also described and supported it as a reasonable compromise..
The exclusion of the new law wasPatriarchal successive family systemHowever, it is not hard to say that the couple and their parents did not like to live a family life together.Rather, it was the guarantee of family life that was linked to the respect for basic human rights, and sought to protect it even more strongly than before.And the new law thought that he was the title of this married couple's family life community.. — Zennosuke Nakagawa, Current Family Law Drafting Committee
At the same time, the revised Family Register Act came into effect.The family register isHeadAnd list the familyHomeFrom the registration ofIndividualIt changed to the registration of.However, it was clarified that the family register organization standard is a child who has the same name as a couple (Article 6 of the Family Register Act)...Will it be completely dismantled with the aim of thorough individualism?Takeshima Kawashima), Japanese family register is convenientGHQSince he also admits, there is a conflict between the two principles of whether the minimum repair is required.It may be unreasonable to spend huge costs for ideological reasons, so we settled on a compromise..
Movement until the 1980s
In July 1954, the Civil Code Subcommittee was established to review the revised Family Law, which was enacted immediately. In the "Temporary Decisions and Reservation Matters for Relatives in the Civil Code Subcommittee of the Legislative Council" published in 7-1955, "Should couples have different surnames?".
Despite the institutional enforcement of gender equality, most couples continued to choose their husbands.This is not just a matter of consciousness, but because men have a higher employment rate, there was a social background that it was rational to maintain a husband who is susceptible to the change.Therefore, as women's social advancement progressed, it became necessary to consider the circumstances of their wives in some way..
In the 1960s, support for selective married couples and legislative theory became prominent..
In 1976, from the perspective of improving the status of women, the Civil Code provisions that allow wives to retain their marriage at the time of divorce were reviewed and made selectable.Marriage sequel systemWas introduced..The center wasShizuko SasakiMember of the House of Councilors.It is said that the original goal was to introduce a selective system.
In 1984, the Family Register Act was amended to provide a provision that allows a foreigner to easily change to a name, and in international marriage, a selective couple was realized...In the same year, the "Meeting for recommending married couples" (currently, the meeting for recommending a married couple's surname selection system) was formed in Tokyo..
In 1985, the Japanese government ratified the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.In response, the government's Women's Affairs Planning Promotion Headquarters said it would consider revising the legal system for marriage and parents and children toward the 21st century..
In 1988, a female professor at a national university filed a proceeding seeking the right to use her maiden name as a common name.(Rejected by Tokyo District Court in 1993, settled in 1998,# National University Female Professor Litigation Using Common Namereference)
In 1989, a couple in Kakamigahara City, Gifu Prefecture, filed a complaint with the family court against Mr. Betsu's refusal to accept the marriage registration and was rejected.In the same year, the issue of selective marital status was taken up at the Women's Affairs Experts' Meeting, which is an advisory body to the Minister of Justice..
From the 1990s to the 2010s
In 1991, the Legislative Council started "Deliberation on the Review of the Marriage and Divorce System of the Civil Code"... In 1996, the Legislative Council reported on the "Summary of the Bill to Partially Amend the Civil Code," including the selective marital status system...However, due to opposition and caution, the Diet was postponed in May of the same year..
In 1997, the LDP Legal Subcommittee, "Family Law Subcommittee" (Chair:Hironori Nonaka), the maiden name continuation name system was examined, but it was postponed..In addition, from around this time, a bill to amend the Civil Code to make it a "selective married couple surname system"LegislatorCame to be submitted by.
In November 2001, the Ministry of Justice re-presented a selective marital proposal, but it was postponed. In April 11, the Ministry of Justice presented an exceptional couple-specific proposal, which was disagreed and shelved...In July of the same year, lawmakers (Seiko Noda et al.) Called for a selective surname system for married couples within the LDP.A meeting to realize an exceptional surname of a married couple) Sought to submit the bill to the Diet, conceded to opposition parties within the party, and adopted an exceptional marital affair system that included the requirement for permission from the family court.LegislatorSubmitted to the Liberal Democratic Party Legal Committee.However, no agreement was reached within the party and the submission to the Diet was postponed.After that, discussions within the party stagnated until the 2010s..
on the other hand,Constitutional Democratic Party,National Democratic Party,Social Democratic Party,Communist partySince the report on the legal system, they have been bipartisan and have been submitting civil law amendments to the Diet every session... In 2001, the Komeito also submitted a selective marital proposal to the House of Councilors..
2003(15)United NationsCommittee on the Elimination of Discrimination against WomenHowever, for the minimum age of marriage, for women after divorceRemarriage prohibition periodRecommended to Japan, along with gender differences and treatment of illegitimate children, "expressing concern that they still contain discriminatory legal provisions regarding the choice of husband and wife.". Since then2009,2016Recommendation to.
Japanese GovernmentReported in April 2008 that he was trying to deepen public debate about Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couples.In August 2009, the Commission again stated, "The obligations of the Parties to ratify this Convention do not rely solely on the results of polls, but that the Convention is part of the State's national legal system. Should be based on the obligation to develop domestic law in line with the provisions of this Convention. ".
2010IsDemocratic Party-Social Democratic Party-New National PartyThe coalition government discussed the submission of a bill, and in February of the same year, a revised bill was presented at the Ministry of Justice Policy Council in line with the 2 report of the Legislative Council... But formed a coalition governmentNew National PartyThere was opposition from the party and objections from the party, and the bill was not submitted..
In addition, many proceedings have been filed.2006The petition for cancellation of the non-acceptance of the marriage registration was rejected.2011Proposal of proceedings demanding a choice system from the country, the Supreme Court dismissed in 2015.Since then, four similar proceedings have been filed.
2016Does not allow the old man to use the common name at work after marriageMoral rightsA female teacher filed a lawsuit against the Tokyo District Court for her school corporation and dismissed it in the same year... Settled in 2017(# Female teacher nickname use lawsuit).
UN Women's Secretary-General Pumjire Murambonukka argues against Japanese law that "we must have choices to ensure gender equality.".
In addition, since 2018, there has been a widespread movement from local governments to the national government to pass a written opinion calling for selective legislation for married couples, and the Mie Prefectural Assembly., Tokyo Metropolitan AssemblyThe written opinion was passed.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly has adopted a petition for a written opinion at the regular Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly in June 2019.However, the actual submission of the written opinion has been postponed because it is customary for the Board of Education Committee to deliberate and unanimously decide..
Since the 2020s
Even in 2020, Kanagawa Prefectural AssemblyThe movement to pass a written opinion requesting the legislation of the system from local governments continues..In addition, it was reported that a study session will be held by bipartisan members of the ruling and opposition parties and female members of the Liberal Democratic Party from February to March 2020..
On November 2020, 11, the government stated in its report for the formulation of the 11th Council for Gender Equality that it would "promote consideration while paying close attention to the trends in the debate in the Diet."..On the 13th of the same month, at the Legal Committee of the House of Representatives, the Liberal Democratic PartyTomomi InadaProposes a system that allows you to continue using your maiden name after marriage.. On the 24th, the Liberal Democratic Party established a "volunteer study session on his succession and selective marital status" centered on supporters...On the other hand, on the 25th, the Liberal Democratic Party established the "Kizuna Weaving Association" centered on opposition members...On the 26th of the same month, the chairman of the Liberal Democratic Party's Special Committee for Promotion of Women's AdvancementMasako MoriEt al. Made a proposal calling for a response to this issueYoshii KanSubmit to..On December 12st of the same year, the Liberal Democratic Party's Special Committee for Promotion of Women's Advancement began to consider selective couples...However, in the 25th Basic Plan for Gender Equality, which was approved by the Cabinet on the 5th of the same month, it was stated that "we will proceed with further examination of the specific system for the couple, taking into account the judgment of the judiciary." The word "different surname" has been removed.
Selective Marital Proceedings
Appeals to the family court in 1989 and 2006 regarding the introduction of the system, State Redress Act was filed in 2011 and the proceedings were dismissed.. In January 2018, a national compensation lawsuit concerning the provisions of the Family Registration Law, in May of the same year, a national compensation lawsuit by a de facto married couple, in June of the same year, a lawsuit to confirm the marriage by a Japanese married couple who married abroad, and in August of the same year. There are proceedings related to the national compensation proceedings of couples who have children with each other..
1989 Domestic Affairs Referee
May 1989, 5, Gifu PrefectureKakamigahara CityThe couple, the city is anotherMarriage registrationGifu said that it was an infringement of basic human rights and unconstitutional that it did not acceptFamily courtToComplaintSubmit a book.
On June 6, the petition was dismissed, saying that "the same surname of a couple helps to increase the sense of unity and is necessary to show a third party that they are a couple.".
2006 Domestic Affairs Referee
In February 2011 (Heisei 23), former high school teachersCivil Code Article 750The couple's regulationsArticle 13 of the Constitution,Article 14 paragraph 1,Article 24 paragraphs 1 and 2Accused of violating.. Commonly known as "First married couple last name lawsuit'.
February 2015, 27 (Heisei 12),Supreme CourtGrand court"There is a view that the identity will be lost by changing the surname, but it is relaxed by using the common name of the maiden name, and it does not violate the Constitution of Japan." "It is meaningful as a family name established in Japan, and the name is used. To decide on oneRationalityThe current civil law provisionsconstitutionalityAnd dismiss the complaint.
- Ohashi Masaharu(From a lawyer),Masayuki Ikegami-Yoshinobu Onuki(that's allProsecutorFrom),Yoshiyuki Yamamoto(From an administrative officer), Itaro Terada,Katsumi Chiba,Takehiko Otani,Toshimitsu Yamazaki,Naoto Otani,Yu Koike
10 male judges made constitutional, while
- All three female judgesKaoru Onimaru(From lawyer)Kiyoko Okabe(Civil law scholar)・Sakurai Ryuko(Ministry of LaborFrom) and two male judgesYoshiki Yamaura-Kiuchi(From a lawyer)
5 people disagree as unconstitutional.
However, the majority of the opinions acknowledge to some extent that his change may cause "work disadvantages" and "sense of loss of identity."Presiding judgeItaro TeradaIn a supplementary opinion, "As people's connections diversify, they tend to be cramped."..Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couples said, "I can't say that there is no rationality," and entrusted the legislation that "the way the system should be is nothing but a matter that should be discussed and judged in the Diet.".
January 2018 lawsuit
January 2018, 1, software development companyCybozuPresident'sYoshihisa Aono, 1 woman,Common-law marriageTotal of 4 men and womenBut,Family register lawIn international marriage, you can choose between him and another, but it is against the constitutional "equality under the law" that Japanese people cannot choose...Commonly known as New Selective Marital Proceedings.
March 2018 Domestic Affairs Referee
March 2018, in Tokyo and HiroshimaCommon-law marriageThe four couples in the marriage registration were rejected by filling in the boxes for both of them in the "Mr. couple after marriage" column and submitting them to the government office, so the Tokyo family court, the Tachikawa branch, and the Hiroshima family court Filed a family court for acceptance at three locations.
On March 2019, 3, the Tokyo Family Court and the Tachikawa branch dismissed the complaint..
January 2018 lawsuit
On May 2018, 5, it was unconstitutional that the marriage registration of Mr. and Mrs. Marriage was not accepted and legal marriage was not possible. Proceedings in the district court.. Commonly known as "Second married couple surname lawsuit'.
In this case, if you choose him, you can get a legal marriage, but if you choose another, you can't.creedDiscrimination between couples byViolation of Article 14 of the ConstitutionHowever, he insists on the unconstitutionality of the Civil Code and Family Register Act...In addition, legal rights and interests limited to legal marriage (Joint custody,Inheritance right, Tax incentives,Infertility treatmentEtc.) are not given, and social approval cannot be obtained as a couple.DiscriminationThere is no real equality between the two sexesArticle 24 of the Constitution,International human rights agreement(Freedom Terms)WhenConvention on the Elimination of Discrimination against WomenClaims to also ask that it violates..Although the plaintiffs are different, the defense team was mainly in charge of the same lawyer as in the 2011 proceedings..
Tokyo District Court dismisses claim on October 2019, 10.. November 11, Tachikawa branch, 19th Hiroshima District Court also rejected.. Hiroshima High Court appeal dismissed on September 2020, 9, Appeal on the 26th..On October 10, the same year, the Tokyo District Court dismissed the Tokyo High Court on appeal...On the 23rd, the Tokyo High Court rejected the appeal of the Tachikawa branch...Both plaintiffs will appeal to the Supreme Court.
January 2018 lawsuit
April 2018, 6, in 18The United States of AmericaNew York CityIt is a deficiency of legislation that the marriage of married couples legally established in Japan is not reflected in the Japanese family register, and it violates Article 24 of the Constitution.Kazuhiro SodaKiyoko Kashiwagi, a butoh artist and film producer, filed a lawsuit against the country in the Tokyo District Court for confirmation of marriage and compensation..
Commonly known as "married couple surname confirmation proceeding".
January 2018 lawsuit
On August 2018. A lawsuit seeking damages was filed in the Tokyo District Court.Both plaintiffs and their ex-spouse have children (Stepchild), But the current Civil Code does not assume the impact on children and claims that the law needs to be amended...On the other hand, on September 2019, 9, the Tokyo District Court dismissed it as no change in circumstances that could be said to be unconstitutional, although it acknowledged the growing debate after the Supreme Court's en banc decision... Appeal to Tokyo High Court on October 10th.. Rejected on March 2020, 3.. Plaintiffs' appeal policy.
Litigation using nickname
Asked for the right to use the maiden name as a common nameCivil trialAs,National University professor couple's surname common name lawsuit(1993 Tokyo District Court Decision), female director common name use lawsuit (March 2001 judgment), Kanagawa former high school male teacher common name use lawsuit (3 Yokohama District Court settlement), female teacher common name use lawsuit (2013 Tokyo District Court decision) is there. In addition, there is a request for examination regarding the registration of officers under a maiden name (decision in 2016).
Lawsuit for nickname of female professor at national university
In 1988, a female professor at a national university filed a lawsuit seeking the right to use her maiden name as a common name..1993In the Tokyo District Court,Popular nameThe name also "has the potential to be a symbol of the individual's personality as a name subject to legal protection that is the basis for respecting the individual as an individual", but the use of the family register name as a means of grasping the identity is rational. There is a sexuality, the common name is not rooted in people's lives, and the university considers the use of the common name in the publication of achievements, etc... After the appeal, in 1998, a settlement was approved in the Tokyo High Court to allow the use of maiden names...The government approved the use of the common name in research reports and treatises, and in 2001, the use of the common name of civil servants was approved..
Female director nickname use lawsuit
On March 2001, 3, the company ordered a female director to identify herself as a married woman on the grounds that her husband had retired from the company and that there was no problem, as an illegal infringement of personality rights. , Compensation for mental distress was granted.Osaka District Court.
Male former high school teacher nickname for maiden name
In April 2012, a former male high school teacher filed a lawsuit against Kanagawa Prefecture for suffering mental distress because the nickname of his maiden name was not recognized when the teacher was transferred to the newspaper (Yokohama District Court). In January 4, Kanagawa Prefecture revised its handling guideline for the use of maiden names and a settlement was established in June of the same year..
Female teacher litigation using nickname
In 2016, it is not allowed to use the nickname of the maiden name at work after marriageMoral rightsFemale teacher sued Tokyo District Court for working school corporation, alleging infringement of..In the same year, the Tokyo District Court dismissed the claim, saying, "It cannot be said that using the maiden name in the same way as the family register surname is rooted in society, and it is not illegal to request the use of the family register surname at work."..After that, the high court issued a settlement recommendation at the appeal hearing, and in 2017 the school side reached a settlement in the form of fully permitting the use of the maiden name in documents such as timetables and daily names..
Kyoto Prefecture Lawyer Officer Registration Examination Request
In 2018, a lawyer in Kyoto Prefecture requested the Kyoto District Legal Affairs Bureau to cancel the dismissal disposition because it was an infringement of privacy rights that rejected the application for registration of officers with the maiden name. Dismiss the claim as legal.
Until the 1980s
|19467||Commencement of civil code revisions at the Cabinet Extraordinary Legal Affairs Committee and the Ministry of Justice Judicial Legal Council.|
|19475 3 Day||Enforcement of Japanese constitution.|
|19481 1 Day||AmendmentCivil law, AmendmentFamily register lawEnforcement.|
|19557 5 Day||Legislative Council Civil Code Subcommittee discusses proposals to allow married couples.|
|1959||passport, Partly recognized as an alias.|
|6 月 29 日 -30 日||Legislative Council Civil Code Subcommittee says that the issue of married couples still needs to be considered.|
|1975||International Women's Year.|
|May 9||The first petition for a selective marital system is submitted to the House of Councilors.|
|1976May 6||Civil law revision, divorceMarriage sequelPossible.|
|1984May 5||Nationality lawAmendment,International marriageIt is possible to change to a foreigner at the time of.|
|1985May 6||Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against WomenRatification by Japan.|
|1987May 9||Civil law revision, adoption divorceEnshi's sequelPossible.|
|1988May 2||Supreme Court, NHK Japanese Reading Litigation Judgment "Name is a symbol of individual personality".|
|59 Day||A married couple,Resident cardDiscriminatory suit lawsuit, Tokyo District Court (1991 lost, 2005 Supreme Court rejected).|
|1988/11/28||National University Female ProfessorCommon name usedProceedings seeking the Tokyo District Court (defeated in 1993, settled in the Tokyo High Court in 1998).|
|12||Fuji Xerox uses the maiden name.|
|1989May 1||Tokyo Bar Association submits "Opinion regarding selective marriage surname employment" to the Ministry of Justice.|
|May 5||A couple in Kakamigahara City, Gifu Prefecture, demands cancellation of the disposition of non-acceptance of marriage registrationComplaintbookSubmit.|
|May 6||Appeal for cancellation of disposition for non-acceptance of marriage registrationGifuFamily court, reject.|
|1991May 1||Legal council starts debate on revision of general marriage and divorce system.|
|May 5||Headquarters for Promotion of Women's Problems, first revision of new domestic action plan for 2000, stipulates review of legal system of married couple.|
|1992/10/14||Koto Ward, Tokyo Council passes petition for introduction of optional system.|
|121 Day||Minister of Justice, Civil Affairs Bureau, Counselor's Office "Interim Report on Review and Deliberation of Marriage and Divorce System (Arrangement of Issues)".|
|1992/124 Day||Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, petition to seek selective married couple, passed.|
|1993May 9||Saitama Prefecture Omiya City (currently Saitama City) Council approves petition for selective married couple.|
|May 11||National University Women Professor Litigation using nickname, Tokyo District Court, dismissed.|
|1994May 7||Counselor's Office of the Civil Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Justice “Civil Code Amendment Tentative Proposal for Marriage System, etc.” A, B, and C.|
|1995May 8||Legislative Council Civil Code Subcommittee, Mr. Ko is organized around Plan A, which is unified at the time of marriage.|
|May 9||Counselor's Office, Civil Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Justice "Interim Report on Review and Review of Marriage System"|
|1996May 1||Legal Council Civil Law Subcommittee, “Civil Code Amendment Outline” Decision.|
|May 2||Legal Council,Summary of bill to revise a part of civil lawTo the minister of law. (From now on, the ruling party will seek the submission of the Diet centering on this civil law amendment as a government proposal.)|
|May 3||Tokushima Prefectural Assembly submits a written opinion against Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couple.|
|May 6||Riko NagaoMinister of Justice officially abandoned submission of bill. SaitamaNiiza city, City staff use maiden name dating back to April.|
|May 6||Ibaraki Prefectural Assembly submits a written opinion against Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couple.|
|May 7||Chiba Prefectural Assembly submits opinion against selective married couple.|
|May 10||Japan Federation of Bar Associations, Resolution for Selective Married Couples and Elimination of Discrimination against Legitimate Children.|
|1997May 3||Democratic Party submits a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective married couples to the House of Representatives.|
|May 3||Nagasaki Prefectural Assembly submits a written opinion against Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couple.|
|May 3||260 legal scholars "With the introduction of a selective surname system for couplesChild outside the marriageAppeal for realization of equality for inheritance"|
|65 Day||Corporate citizen,Punch, Submitted to the House of Councilors a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|66 Day||HeiseiSubmits a bill to amend the Civil Code to the House of Councilors.|
|May 9||Kumamoto Prefectural Assembly submits a written opinion against Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couple.|
|1998May 3||Lawsuit for nickname of female professor at national university, Tokyo High Court, settlement.|
|68 Day||Bipartisan Opposition (Peace / Reform, Communist Party, Social Democratic Party, PRESTO), Submitted Civil Code Amendment to the House of Representatives to Allow Selective Married Couples.|
|May 7||The 4th report on the government's implementation of the Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women.|
|1999May 6||Enforcement of the Basic Law on Gender Equality Society.|
|May 12||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic, pioneering) and the House of Representatives submit a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|2000May 1||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic) submits to the House of Councilors a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|May 9||Proposed review of legal system related to family such as married couple system in Gender Equality Council report.|
|May 10||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic, technical group) submits a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples to the House of Councilors.|
|2001May 3||Female directors are commonly used for litigation, and incentives are recognized as infringement of personal rights. Osaka District Court.|
|58 Day||Democratic Party submits a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective married couples to the House of Representatives.|
|May 5||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic, pioneering) submits a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples to the House of Councilors.|
|73 Day||Chiba Prefectural Assembly submits "Statement of position requesting adoption of civil law revision bill".|
|May 6||Komeito submits to the House of Councilors a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|101 Day||Allows use of maiden name for national servants.|
|May 10||The Cabinet Office Gender Equality Conference Basic Issues Special Survey Meeting, "Interim Summary of Deliberation Regarding the Selective Marital Name System".|
|May 10||Aichi Prefectural Assembly passed “Statement of Opinion on Examination of Selective Marital Name System Introduction”.|
|May 11||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic) submits a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples to the House of Councilors.|
|May 11||Ministry of Justice "Selective Marriage System" Civil Code Revision Proposal and Family Registration Law Revision Proposal Approving Use of Common Name for Opposition Members.|
|2002May 4||The Ministry of Justice tentative proposal of the exceptional married couple system is presented to the LDP Legal Committee.|
|May 7||The Liberal Democratic Party Legal Subcommittee presents a bill by a group that realizes exceptional surnames of married couples.|
|May 9||The 5th report on the government's implementation of the Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women, Selective system "Efforts to introduce the system".|
|2003May 5||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic) submits to the House of Councilors a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|78 Day||United Nations Commission on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women in the Fourth and Fifth Report of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, "I express my concern that it still contains discriminatory provisions regarding the selection of husband and wife.".|
|2004May 3||Postponed parliamentary submission of amendment to allow alternative family name with permission of family court when necessary due to LDP or professional reasons.|
|May 5||Submitted a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow bipartisan opposition parties (democratic, communist, social democratic) and the House of Representatives.|
|2005May 3||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic) submits to the House of Councilors a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|2006May 3||The standard that allows you to write your maiden name on your passport has been relaxed, allowing not only scholars and reporters, but also those who are allowed to use their maiden name at work and travel by business..|
|May 4||Request for withdrawal of non-acceptance of marriage registrationComplaint, Tokyo court, rejected.|
|May 5||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic) submits to the House of Councilors a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|68 Day||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic) submits to the House of Representatives a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|2007May 5||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic) submits to the House of Councilors a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|2008May 4||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic) submits civil code amendment to the House of Councilors.|
|May 4||The 6th report on the government's implementation of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, "We continue to strive to deepen public debate about the selective husband and wife system."|
|2009May 4||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic) submits civil code amendment to the House of Councilors.|
|87 Day||United Nations Commission on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women's Convention on the Elimination of the Discrimination Against Women Discrimination Statement, "I am concerned that the discriminatory legal provisions regarding the choice of a couple's husband have not been eliminated."|
|20102 5 Day||Creation "Japan"(Chairman Shinzo Abe) adopts campaign policy against family names.|
|May 2||At the Ministry of Justice Policy Council, a draft amendment to the Civil Code was presented that included the introduction of selective married couples..|
|May 3||Iwate Prefectural Assembly submitted "Statement of Opinion for Partial Amendment of Civil Code to Introduce Marriage Surname System and Eliminate Discrimination of Inheritance and Offspring".|
|2011May 2||Five men and women vie for unconstitutionality and seek selective couplesState compensation lawsuit, Tokyo District Court.|
|May 2||Substitute surname Marriage notification submitted three times, requesting withdrawal of unacceptable disposition, rejected, Tokyo District Court.|
|2013May 5||5 men and women, fighting unconstitution, claiming damages, rejecting, Tokyo District Court.|
|63 Day||Litigation using nickname, settlement of former teacher and Kanagawa prefecture established.|
|May 9||Separate surname marriage registration lawsuit, dismissal, Supreme Court.|
|2014May 3||5 men and women,AppealRejection, Tokyo High Court.|
|May 6||Science Council of JapanProposed the introduction of a selective marital system in the proposal "Amendment of the Civil Code for the Formation of a Gender Equality Society".|
|95 Day||Second Abe remodeling Cabinet OfMatsushima greenMinister of JusticeIntends to consider realistic improvement of operations such as using maiden name at a conference immediately after taking office.|
|2015May 2||The revised Commercial Registration Regulations were enforced, and it was recognized that the maiden name could be added to the officer registration..|
|May 2||In fact, a total of five married couples said that "the provisions of the Civil Code that do not allow surnames for married couples violate the Constitution".Japanese Government3rd Supreme Court in a lawsuit seeking damages againstSmall courtWill be referred to the Grand Court for constitutional judgment.|
|May 6||Bipartisan opposition (democratic, communist, social democratic, and unaffiliated / unaffiliated members) submits to the House of Councilors a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|May 12||In fact, a total of five married couples sought damages against the Japanese government, saying that the civil law provisions that do not allow family surnames are violations of the Constitution.Supreme CourtGrand courtIs the provision of the Civil CodeconstitutionalityAnd rejected..However, out of 15 judges, 5 are judged to be unconstitutional.|
|2015/12/25||The 4th Gender Equality Basic Plan is decided.Regarding law revision "Proceed with examination based on judicial judgment"|
|20163 7 Day||The United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women re-recommends Japan to revise the Civil Code, saying that "past recommendations have not been fully implemented" and "actually it is forcing women to have their husbands' surnames.".|
|May 5||Bipartisan opposition (Democratic Party, Communist Party, Social Democratic Party, Lifestyle) submits to the House of Representatives a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow selective couples.|
|63 Day||A female teacher in Machida, Tokyo, sued the school corporation where she worked for the use of her maiden name.|
|May 10||The Tokyo District Court rejected the trial of a female teacher in Machida City (later settled).|
|2017May 3||Settlement was reached at the trial of a female teacher in Machida City.Contents that allow the use of the maiden name.|
|May 3||Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, "Promotion of creating a work environment where employees can easily use their maiden names".|
|66 Day||Clarified "Priority Policy 2017 for Accelerating Women's Advancement", Expanding the Use of Maiden Names for Individual Number Cards, Passports, and Bank Accounts.|
|73 Day||Notice regarding the use of the maiden name of the Supreme Court and court officials. Possible from September 9st.|
|75 Day||Requested cooperation from the Gender Equality Bureau and the Japanese Bankers Association to use maiden names such as bank accounts.|
|May 7||Notification of the use of the maiden name of all employees of the Japan Patent Office. Possible from September 9st.|
|May 8||Agreements with the secretariat of each ministry and agency regarding the use of the employee's maiden name in the national government.|
|20181 9 Day||Yoshihisa Aono and four other men and women filed a state redress lawsuit for marriage between Japanese people, saying that it is against the constitution that stipulates "equality under the law".|
|May 3||Four Tokyo-Hiroshima married couples file a trial request for the Tokyo Family Court, Tachikawa Branch, and the Hiroshima Family Court to accept marriage registration for another family name.|
|May 5||Factual marriage parties in Tokyo and Hiroshima have filed a state redress lawsuit in the same three places, saying that it is unconstitutional that marriage registration with a different surname is not accepted and legal marriage is not possible..|
|May 6||Bipartisan opposition party (Constitutional Democratic Party, Democratic Party for the People, Group of Independents, Communist Party, Freedom, Social Democratic Party)|
|May 6||Requested confirmation that the couple was married by another person abroad, and filed a state compensation suit with the Tokyo District Court..|
|May 6||Bipartisan opposition (Constitutional Democratic Party, Communist Party, Hope Society (Freedom / Social Democratic Party), Wind of Okinawa).|
|May 8||Tokyo remarriage and stepchildren lawyers file a state redress lawsuit with the Tokyo District Court for the current law that does not assume stepchildren remarriage.|
|2019May 3||Mie Prefectural Assembly passes a written opinion calling for legislation of selective married couples.|
|May 3||Dismissal of proceedings by Aono et al., Tokyo District Court.|
|20194 1 Day||Request for examination, dismissal, and Kyoto Legal Affairs Bureau regarding the registration of officers by lawyers in Kyoto Prefecture.|
|63 Day||Bipartisan opposition (Constitutional Democratic Party, Communist Party, Social Democratic Party) submits a bill to amend the Civil Code to allow same-sex marriage in the House of Representatives.|
|May 6||`` Priority Policy for Accelerating Women's Advancement 2019'' Clarified the expansion of the use of maiden names in national qualifications, etc..|
|May 6||Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly "Petition for Legalization of Selective Married Couples" Passed..Submission of opinion to the country is postponed.|
|May 7||Selective couples are one of the issues in the Upper House election.|
|2019May 9||Plaintiff died in first selective marital proceedings.|
|May 9||Remarriage and stepchild lawyers, lawsuit by lawyer, rejection, Tokyo District Court.|
|102 Day||Among lawsuits by factual marriage parties in Tokyo and Hiroshima, lawsuits by three parties in fact at the Tokyo District Court, dismissal, Tokyo District Court.|
|115 Day||Start writing maiden name on resident's card and my number card.|
|May 11||Of the proceedings in Tokyo and Hiroshima, the proceedings and dismissal by six de facto married parties at the Tachikawa branch of the Tokyo District Court.|
|May 11||Of the proceedings in Tokyo and Hiroshima, the proceedings in the Hiroshima District Court and dismissal.|
|121 Day||Started writing the maiden name on the driver's license.|
|2020May 1||The House of Representatives question asked the Democratic Party for the PeopleYuichiro TamakiAsked for the introduction of a selective married couple, but a female member of the Liberal Democratic Party said that he would not have to get married..|
|May 2||Approximately 40 members of the ruling and opposition parties attend a bipartisan parliamentary study session to consider selective couples.|
|May 2||Proceedings by Yoshihisa Aono and others, dismissal, Tokyo High Court.|
|May 2||Four opposition leaders and Komeito deputy representative attend a bipartisan rally for selective couples.|
|36 Day||Liberal Democratic Party Parliamentary Assembly "Women's Leaping Party", Study Group on Selective Married Couples.|
|May 3||Shiga Prefectural Assembly passed “Written Opinion for Legalization of Selective Marital Name System”.|
|May 3||Kanagawa Prefectural Assembly, Liberal Democratic Party parliamentary group proposal, opinion requesting discussion by Mr. and Mrs..|
|May 3||Remarriage, stepchild lawyer, lawsuit by lawyer, rejection, Tokyo High Court.|
|May 6||Acting Secretary-General of the LDPTomomi InadaThe Liberal Democratic Party's chief deputy secretary-general, triggered by the fact thatShutori TakatoriInada serves as chairmanSociety of tradition and creativitySeparated fromConservative unity meetingWas launched.|
|71 Day||Clarified the implementation of a survey on the use of maiden names in local councils in "Priority Policy 2020 for Accelerating Women's Advancement".|
|May 9||Of the proceedings between the parties involved in common-law marriage in Tokyo and Hiroshima, the proceedings and dismissal in the Hiroshima High Court.|
|108 Day||Liberal Democratic Party political chairmanHirofumi ShimomuraHowever, he stated that "it is an important theme that must be discussed" about Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couples..|
|109 Day||Gender Equality MinisterHashimoto SeikoExpressed its willingness to engage in discussions toward the introduction of selective married couples.|
|109 Day||Komeito Women's Committee (Chair: Deputy Komeito RepresentativeNoriko Furuya), But of the prime ministerYoshii KanProposal "Toward the realization of a true gender-equal society, aiming for a society where all women can live with peace of mind and hope".|
|May 10||Of the proceedings between the parties involved in the facts of marriage in Tokyo and Hiroshima, the Tokyo District Court dismissed the proceedings at the appeal of the Tokyo District Court..|
|May 10||Tokyo District Court Tachikawa Branch's appeal trial dismissed by Tokyo High Court.|
|116 Day||Prime ministerYoshii KanAdmitted that he had previously been a member of parliament in a position to promote selective marital status, but said he was "responsible" for making such claims..|
|May 11||In the report for the formulation of the 5th Council for Gender Equality by the government, it was stated that "we will proceed with the examination while paying close attention to the trends of discussions in the Diet" regarding Mr. and Mrs..|
|May 11||Gender Equality MinisterHashimoto Seiko, Stated in response to the report of the Council for Gender Equality, "It is very important and should be considered in order to stop the serious declining birthrate and aging population.".|
|May 11||Of the LDPTomomi InadaProposes a new system to continue using the maiden name after marriage at the Legal Committee of the House of Representatives.|
|May 11||Liberal Democratic Party volunteers launch "volunteer study session on inheritance of Mr. and selective marital system" for introduction.|
|May 11||Launched "Kizuna Weaving Association" centered on LDP opposition members.|
|May 11||"Conservative unity meeting" by conservative members of the Liberal Democratic Party, study session on selective couples.|
|May 11||Chairman of the Liberal Democratic Party Women's Advancement Promotion Special CommitteeMasako MoriThe prime minister made a proposal calling for "directly responding" to Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couples.Yoshii KanSubmit to.|
|121 Day||Liberal Democratic Party Women's Advancement Promotion Special Committee Starts Consideration of Selective Married Couple System.|
|129 Day||In fact, the Supreme Court en banc was circulated and decided by a domestic affairs trial seeking three selective married couples..|
|2021May 1||1022 legal scholars and lawyers, joint statement calling for the early realization of selective married couples.|
|May 3||Same-sex marriage proceedings, unconstitutional judgment, Sapporo District Court.|
|May 3||The "All-Party Parliamentary League to Realize the Selective Married Couple System at an Early Stage" was established by the active elective group within the Liberal Democratic Party..|
|4 1 Day||The Liberal Democratic Party's cautious faction launches the "All-Party Parliamentary League to Promote the Expansion and Dissemination of the Common Name of Mr. Premarital".|
Pros and cons
Sakae Wagatsuma, a member of the current law drafting committee, commented on the provisions of Article 750 of the Civil Code, saying, "We thought that it would be appropriate for couples (parents and children) to have the same name for national sentiment, and established the above provisions." There are two criticisms against this (1961).).
- The fact that the wife changes his wife in the overwhelming majority is linked to the provisions of the Family Register Act, which makes him the leader of the new family register, and it is harmful to the improvement of the ideal of equality in the union of married couples. ..
- In some cases, the wife already has a socially known name, and in such cases it is disadvantageous for the wife and socially to change him.
Public opinion poll by the Cabinet Office
- Survey before 2006
According to a June 1996 survey, 6% disagreed, 39.8% agreed, and 32.5% agreed with the legislation..
According to a June 2001 survey, 5% disagreed, 29.9% agreed, and 42.1% agreed with the legislation..
According to a December 2006 survey, 12% disagreed, 35.0% agreed, and 36.6% agreed with the legislation..
- 2012 survey
Percentage of respondents in a December 2012 “Family Legal Opinion Poll” stated that “we must be married and have the same surname (surname) as long as we are married” 12% said, ``Even if a couple wishes to give their last name before marriage, the couple should always give the same last name, but the person who changed their last name due to marriage is before marriage. 36.4% of the respondents replied, "It doesn't matter if the law is amended so that the surname (surname) can be used anywhere as a surname", and "the couple hopes to give the surname (surname) before marriage" In that case, it is okay to amend the law so that each married couple can give their last name (surname) before marriage". 24.0% of the respondents said.. The number of responses was reweighted to the population distribution for each age, and the response resultspopulationThe House of Councilors Legal Committee reported that, after adjusting to the composition, the approval for introducing the selective surname system for couples was 36.6%, and the opposition to the revision was 34.6%...This 2012 survey was conducted from December 2012th to December 12rd, 6, targeting more than 12 adult men and women nationwide.The effective recovery rate was 23% (nearly 5,000% of those who could not be investigated were "affected").60.8 men and 4 women were collected..
Most of the respondents who answered "disagree" with another surname were men in their 60s, 70s or older, and women over 70 years old. More than half of them in their 40s (20%).The younger generation was in favor.
If the couple's surnames are different, 67.1% answered "I think it has an unfavorable effect on the child" and 28.4% answered "No effect"..
Regarding the surname change due to marriage, 47.5% said, "I feel the joy of starting a new life because my surname (last name) has changed", and "I think I feel the joy of being one with the other person." 30.8%, "I think it feels strange that the surname (last name) has changed" 22.3%.
More than 6% of the respondents said, "I think there are some married couples who do not report to be a formal couple because they do not want to change their surname.".
- 2017 survey
According to the fifth poll conducted by the Cabinet Office in November-December 2017 on 11 men and women nationwide (recovery rate is 12%), the Civil Code should be amended to introduce selective married couples. When asked about the question, 5000% agreed that it was okay to (revise) it again, exceeding the opposition (5%) that it was not necessary. .
24.4% answered "You may change the law so that you can use your maiden name anywhere" and 3.8% answered "I don't know"... Opposition rate is the lowest ever, and approval rate is the highest ever.. By generation, approval was over until the 60s.. Especially, 18-39 year olds have more than 5% approval.. On the other hand, over 70 years old, the opposition accounted for a majority of 52.3%..
When asked if they would like to use the maiden name if the law changes, 19.8% said they would like it and 47.4% said they did not.Only children had the highest number of people who wanted another, 31.7%..
When asked if there are people who do not report to be a formal couple because they do not want to change their surnames, 67.4% (up 6.1 points from the previous survey) said "I think"..
- Government-affiliated organization
- In the 1976 Prime Minister's Office "Public Opinion Poll on Women," 20.3% said "I think it's better to allow couples to give different surnames," and 62.1% said "I think it's better not to.".
- In 1977, the Prime Minister's Office for Women's Affairs conducted a survey of experts on women's issues, with 43.4% agreeing and 45.8% disagreeing..
- According to a survey conducted by the Prime Minister's Office on Women's Opinion, 1987% of the respondents answered that it is better to identify the surname of each couple in the 13 survey, and 1990% of the same question in the 29.5 survey. In the 1994 Prime Minister's opinion poll on the basic legal system, 27.4% agreed with the "selective couple surname system"...Regarding the divergence from the survey of major media at the same time, the question of the Prime Minister's Office survey is not the consciousness that "if others want to do so, you can accept it", but it is regarded as "your own problem". AndAsahi ShimbunAnd Takahashi Kikue insist.
- 2018 yearsNational Institute of Population and Social Security ResearchAccording to the "National Family Trend Survey" for married women, 50.5% of married women agreed that "the husband and wife do not have to have the same surname and may have different surnames."。既婚女性を対象に5年ごとに行われているもので、1993年の調査では賛成は35.4%、1998年は39.0%、2003年は46.0%、2008年は42.8%、2013年は41.5%だった.
- Major media
- According to the Asahi Shimbun survey on September 1994, 9, 27% agreed and 58% disagreed.Summary plan51% in favor of Plan A.
- According to a 2009 Sankei Shimbun survey, 48% agree and 41% disagree..
- According to a 2009 Mainichi Shimbun survey, 50% agree and 42% disagree..
- According to the October 2009 Asahi Shimbun survey, 10% agreed and 48% disagreed..
- According to the October 2009 Asahi Shimbun survey, 12% agreed and 49% disagreed..
- In the 2009 Yomiuri Shimbun survey of parliamentarians, 43% agreed and 40% disagreed..
- According to a 2014 Mainichi Shimbun survey, 52% agree and 40% disagree..
- According to a 2015 Nihon Keizai Shimbun survey, 77% of working married women and 83% of professional maiden names agree with selective married couples..
- According to a survey by the Asahi Shimbun in November 2015, 11% agreed and 52% disagreed..
- According to the 2015 NHK "Public Opinion Survey on Married Couples' Surnames" (RDD tracking method), 45.9% of couples agreed and 49.7% disagreed with "the same surname should be given."By age group, the opposition exceeded the approval only for those in their 70s and above, and the approval exceeded 50% for those in their 6s and under..
- According to the 2015 Mainichi Shimbun poll, 51% agreed and 36% disagreed.In addition, 73% chose the same surname and 13% chose a different surname..
- With the Sankei Shimbun in December 2015Fuji News NetworkIn the joint opinion poll, 51.4% agreed and 42.3% disagreed, and 13.9% and 20% of those in their twenties "want" whether they would like another person if they could choose..
- In December 2015, the Asahi Shimbun opinion poll (fixed telephone system) was 12% in favor and 49% against..
- According to the 2016 Yomiuri Shimbun opinion poll (mail method), 38% agreed and 61% disagreed.The top reason for agreeing was "because it is a trend of the times to allow married couples' surnames", and the top reason for disagreeing was "because it feels strange that children and parents have different surnames" (48%)..
- According to the Asahi Shimbun poll (mailed) from March to April 2016, 3% agreed and 4% disagreed..
- According to the 2017 Asahi Shimbun poll, 58% agreed and 38% disagreed. More than 50% of people in their 6s or younger agree, while 70% of people in their 52s or older disagree..
- According to the 2019 Mainichi Shimbun / Saitama University joint survey, 36% said, "It is better for couples to give the same family name in both family registration and common name." 27% said, "It's better to do it," and 35% said, "Each person should be able to choose which family name to give in the family register." A majority of people under the age of 30 support him, and 70% of people over the age of 61 support him..
- According to a survey by the Nihon Keizai Shimbun in November and December 2019, 11% of working women agreed.Opposition is 12%.
- According to the Asahi Shimbun poll (fixed / mobile) in January 2020, 1% agreed and 69% disagreed.Among the LDP supporters, 24% agree and 63% disagree.In addition, 31% of women agree and 71% of men agree.In particular, more than 66% of women in their 50s or younger agree.
- According to a survey by Masayuki Tanamura (Professor of Waseda University) and an elective promotion group (2020 people) in October 10, 7000% agreed and 71% disagreed. There were 14 people who said, "I have given up on marriage or had a common-law marriage because I couldn't have a different surname."According to the survey by prefecture, Okinawa had the highest approval rate, and Ehime had the lowest approval rate..
- In the Yomiuri Shimbun from October to November 2020, the Waseda University joint opinion poll (mailing law, targeting 10 people, collecting 11 people) agreed or either agreed with "the law should be amended to allow married couples to have different surnames." If anything, 3000% agree, if anything, disagree, or disagree 2022%.
- According to a survey conducted by the Mainichi Shimbun and Social Research Center in December 2020, 12% agreed and 49% disagreed..
- According to a survey conducted by Jiji Press in January 2021, 1% agreed and 50.7% disagreed.Liberal Democratic supporters agree 25.5%, disagree 41.5%, Komeito supporters 36.9% agree, 57.4% disagree.
Pros and cons of various organizations
National political party
- Active in introducing the system
- Komeito: Active in introduction.. 2001 Civil Code Revision Proposed to House of Representatives.. In 2002, we introduced the selective introduction of surnames for couples as a priority policy for party conventions, and in 2005, 2007, 2009 and 2010,ManifestIntroduces a selective surname system for couples.
- Secretary generalYoshihisa Inoue, Of the House of CouncilorsYuichiro UozumiIn 2015, RepresentativeYamaguchi Natsuo2016And in 2020, Komeito Women's Committee (Chair: Komeito Deputy RepresentativeNoriko Furuya) In 2020, Making a positive statement about the introduction.
- In 2015, it was reported that he was not actively persuading the Liberal Democratic Party because he did not want to disturb the coalition government..
- In 2019, when the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly issued a "petition for the legislation of selective married couples' surnames" and passed it, they agreed with the Tomin First no Kai.Only the Liberal Democratic Party opposes.
- Published by Komeito Organization BureauKomei ShimbunHas posted an article aggressively introductory in 2019.
- National Democratic Party: The 2019 House of Councilors election promise mentions the realization of selective marital status.. In 2018, a bipartisan submitted a bill to amend the Civil Code to the House of Representatives.
- Constitutional Democratic Party: 2017 House of Representatives election, 2019 House of Councilors electionHe mentioned that he promised to realize selective surnames for married couples. In 2018, a bipartisan submitted a civil law amendment to the House of Representatives.
- Japan Communist Party: The bill has been submitted to the House of Representatives and the House of Representatives, although it has not been deliberated.. In the policies announced in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2010, etc., the realization of the selective surname system according to couple is mentioned... Wants to completely revise legal discrimination regarding family members.. ChairpersonShizu Kazuo"Should be recognized in terms of true gender equality, individual dignity, and basic human rights,".
- Social Democrats: Positively agree.. The Human Rights Policy Charter announced in 1999 also stated that it would be realized, and the 2004 House of Councilors election, the 2007 House of Councilors election, and the 2009 House of Councilors election., 2009 House of Representatives Election, 2016 House of Councilors election, 2017 House of Representatives Election, 2019 House of Councilors electionEtc., and the implementation of the introduction is actively included in the election pledge. Participated in bipartisan submission of amendments to civil law to the House of Representatives in 2018.
- Okinawan wind: In 2018, bipartisan co-submission of Civil Code amendment to the House of Councilors.
- New team selected: In 2019, responded "I agree" to the questionnaire survey by mnet.
- RepresentativeTaro YamamotoSays "yes"In addition, he is a member of the 189th National Assembly Legal Committee as an introductory member to the "petition regarding the revision of civil law, such as the introduction of surnames for married couples.".. In addition, in the 2019 House of Councilors election candidate questionnaire survey by the Asahi Shimbun, all the candidates who responded to the party replied ``yes'' to the surnames by selective couple.
- Reluctant to introduce the system
- LDP: Seiko Noda aimed to realize an exceptional separate system in 2002, but gave up.. The Liberal Democratic Party then raised its opposition in the 2010 opposition party promise... The 2012 government promise opposes the Democratic Party's bill to introduce a married couple surname system... In 2015, it was reported that the party's stance was against or not positive about the selective marital status system... In 2017 and 2019 Asahi Shimbun surveys, there are pros and cons in the parliamentary unit.. In 2019, the party is reported to be "backwards" in selective surnames..In addition, he answered "I disagree" with the mnet questionnaire of the same year... On the other hand, in 2020, it was reported that a study session on selective surnames by married parties by the ruling and opposition bipartisans, including members of the LDP, and a study session on selective surnames by couples by the women's members of the party was held. ing..In November of the same year, a "volunteer study session on his succession and selective marital status" was launched, centered on members of the Diet who supported the introduction...On the other hand, in the same month, a "Kizuna Weaving Association" was launched, centered on members of the Diet who oppose it...In addition, on the 26th of the same month, the chairman of the Liberal Democratic Party's Special Committee for Promotion of Women's AdvancementMasako MoriThe prime minister made a proposal calling for "directly responding" to the selective surnames of married couples.Yoshii KanSubmitted to.. On March 2021, 3, the Parliamentary League "All-Party Parliamentary League for Early Realization of the Selective Married Couple System" was established by the pro-members...On April 4st of the same year, the Parliamentary League, which is made up of members who are cautious about introducing the system, was established..
- prime minister OfYoshii KanAdmitted on November 2020, 11 that he had previously been a member of parliament in a position to promote selective marital status, and stated that he was "responsible" for making such claims..
- Seiko Noda, in 2004, against the background that elective couples were not promoted within the partyShrine office(Shrine main office) Has the opposite.. In addition, Noda criticized the party's policy on women's empowerment in 2015, saying, "I don't know the loss of women's failure to give birth to another name.", In 2016,Legislative officeDoes not make laws adapted to the timesLegislative neglectIs supposed to be.
- In 2014Masako MoriMinister for Gender EqualityExplained that the opposition to the selective marital surname system in the 2010 Liberal Democratic Party's opposition promise was "opposition to the bill submitted by the Democratic Party at that time.".
- In 2019, when the Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly passed the "petition for legislation of selective surnames for married couples," it was reported that the only party that opposed it was the LDP. Passed with the approval of the Tomin First Party and the Komeito..On the other hand, in 2020, the Kanagawa Prefectural Assembly passed a written opinion calling for the discussion of selective married couples proposed by the LDP parliamentary group..
- Creation "Japan"(Chairman, Shinzo Abe, then) raised opposition to the selective couple-specific bill as one of the movement policies in 2010..Shinzo AbeIn 2010, "marriage surname means the dismantling of the family. The dismantling of the family is the ultimate goal, and if you are not released from the family, you cannot be free as a human being.Left wingTarget andCommunism Ofdogma".. February 2016, 2 at the House of Representatives Budget CommitteeKatsuya OkadaWhen asked about the true meaning of this statement, he said, "It is necessary to carefully respond while pointing to the points in the Supreme Court decision (constitution of Article 750 of the Civil Code) and the trends of public debate"... On July 2019, 7, when asked about the pros and cons of selective marital surnames during a debate with the opposition party, he answered, ``I think that it has nothing to do with economic growth,'' he said... Also, in the debate on the 3rd of the same month, in response to the question, "People in favor of selective surnames raise their hands," he was the only leader among the attending parties..
- In March 2018, the Minister of Justice (then)Yoko KamikawaIs cautious about introducing the system, in the view of the government..
- In 2018, the Foreign Minister (at that time)Taro KonoStates that the selective marital surname problem is not a particular position in the government but is part of society's interest..
- Tomomi InadaMade a negative statement about the introduction as of 2015However, in 2018, it turned to support for selective married couple surnames..
- prime minister(At the timeJunichiro KoizumiIn 2004,Ikuko IshiiIn response to the question, the couple answered that they did not violate gender equality..
- Political parties claiming alternatives
- Japan Restoration Party: In the 2019 House of Councilors election pledge (manifest), "General legal effect for using maiden name while maintaining the principle of the same family register and the same person"..In the same year's mnet questionnaire on the pros and cons of selective married couple surnames, they answered "I can't say either.".
- He was a provisional representative when the party was launchedTohashi HashishitaAgrees with the introduction of a selective marital surname system"The current family register system should be abolished or replaced with a complete individual family register."..At the Osaka Prefectural Assembly in 2010, Hashimoto said that his family name was different from his mother's family name, but he was not adversely affected by his child's position. He criticizes that it is dangerous to easily identify family ties..
- Past political parties
- National Assembly to rebuild social security: With 5 opposition parties and congregations including the same groupCivic UnionAdvocated "realization of selective surnames for married couples" as a common policy.
- Liberal party: Participated in bipartisan civil law amendment submission to the House of Representatives in 2018..Co-representativeIchiro Ozawa"I can't say either" in a 2014 surveyHowever, in the 2017 survey, it was "more or less in favor"...Ozawa has been "agreeing" since the New Frontier Party era, "Basically agree" in 2005Was
- Democratic Party: The predecessorDemocratic PartyHas been enthusiastic about amending the Civil Code since the times.. In 2001, 2003, and 2005, election pledges have been adopted to introduce selective surnames for married couples... However, when the Democratic Party was in power, it formed a coalition government.New National PartyDue to the opposition of the party and objections from the party, the bill was not submitted..Restoration PartyIn February 2016, before the merger, the "Bill for Partial Revision of the Civil Code" was jointly registered as a co-member legislation centered on selective surnames for married couples and shortening of taboo periods., When changing the party name from the Democratic Party to the Democratic Party, the realization of selective married couple surnames is included in the "Democratic Party 11 Proposal (Symbiotic Eleven)" that is mentioned as a pillar of the party... In 2015,Katsuya OkadaRepresentative andLotusEven after the acting representative changed the party name to the Democratic Party in 2016Shiori YamaoThe then chairman of political affairs has expressed a theory of promoting selective surnames for married couples... In 2016, four bipartisan opposition parties, including the Democratic Party, submitted to the House of Representatives a bill to amend the Civil Code that included the introduction of selective surnames for married couples..
- Hope party: At the 2017 party meetingGo HosonoHowever, he said that he would also work on selective surnames for married couples... In the same year, it was reported that a pledge in the House of Representatives election was considering adding permission for surnames for couples... Disbanded in May 2018.
- Japanese heart: Secretary General (at that time)Masashi NakanoIs in opposition as a party, such as giving a discourse against Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couple.
- Restoration Party: As of 2014 before the party split, it was "opposing about selective surnames for couples".. However, it was reported that the pros and cons after the party split in 2015 are unknown... After that, in February 2016Democratic PartyJointly registered with the co-member legislation as a joint lawmaker, "A bill to revise a part of the civil code" that focuses on selective surnames for married couples and shortening of the ban on remarriage...Pros and cons were divided on a parliamentary basis.Matsuno YorihisaThe representative said, "If anything, I agree.".. (Japan Innovation Party joins "Democratic Party" in March 2016.
- New National Party: According to the policy declaration issued in 2010, it was "opposite".
- New party: Selective couples submitted a bill to amend the Civil Code every year from 1997 to 2001, except 2000..
- Budding party: Submission of selective couple bill to the Diet by legislation.
- Active in introduction
- Science Council of JapanProposes the introduction of the system.
- Japan Women's AssociationRequests revision of the law, saying that the husband and wife's compulsion is a discriminatory provision.
- The Society for Women's History strongly urges the Diet to introduce the system..
- Active in introduction
- Japan Federation of Bar AssociationsIs calling on the Diet to actively deliberate on Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couples.
- National Union of Trade UnionsAnnounces a discourse by the Secretary-General that the law needs to be amended immediately.
- National Judicial Scrivener Women's AssociationClaims that the system needs to be introduced.
- National Federation of Women Tax AccountantsRequests the introduction of the system and requests each party.
- Japan Women Lawyers AssociationWants to introduce a system.
Political/social movement groups
- Active in introduction
- "Selective married couple surname / national petition action" is a civic group that seeks the legislation of selective married couples...We support petition to each local council and hold bipartisan study sessions of the ruling and opposition parties..
- NPO corporation"Mnet / Civil Code Amendment Information Network" campaigns for selective married couples.
- UN NGO Women's OrganizationNew Japan Women's Association”Calls for the realization of selective married couples.
- "Japan Women's Association" demands the realization of selective surnames for couples.. The organization consists of 23 groups including women's groups and labor union women's divisions. The number of participants in the group is 90.
- The "Sisters' Association that wants to inherit the name of their parents' home" is campaigning for a selective couple to solve his inheritance problem..
- The “Couples for selecting surnames for married couples” are engaged in activities to have the civil code amended so that legal marriages can be done with the surnames for each married couple. To adviserSeiko Noda.
- The "Meeting for Promoting the Selection System for Married Couples" was established in 1984 and is a citizen group aiming to realize a selective married couple..
- "Toyama, a society that realizes selective surnames for married couples" is an organization that seeks amendments to the Civil Code, which was created by supporters of legal proceedings for married couples in 2011..
- The "Meeting for Supporting Married Couples Proceedings 2018" is an organization that supports marital proceedings and aims to realize selective marital proceedings as soon as possible..
- "NPO corporation wishing for the realization of selective married couple surnames" is an organization aiming to realize selective married couples.
- The "Meeting for another surname"MiyagiOrganizations that are active mainly in.
- Reluctant to introduce
- Japan ConferenceOppose that "the sense of unity in the family will be compromised".. Related ParliamentariansMeeting of Japanese Diet membersIs also campaigning against the introduction of the selective surname system for couples.. In addition, the Japan Conference Women's Club "Japan Women's Association" established in 2001Are actively campaigning against selective surnames for married couples..Participants and related partiesKyoko Nishikawa,Sanae Takaichi,Hasegawa Michiko,Hiromi Ichida,Onoda Machie,Yumi KatsuraSuch. In 2010, the Nippon Kaigi held a large-scale rally entitled "National Assembly Against Married Couples' Last Names and Protecting Family Bonds" with the participation of multiple members of the Diet..
- At the Japan conference,Shrine main office,Dismissal,National Pillar Association,Reiyukai,Sukyo Mahikari,Morology Institute,Ethics Institute,Tabernacle of christ,Buddhist memorial service,Spiritualism,New Buddhist cult,Oisca International,Thirty-five religionsReligious groups such as, religious foundations, etc. participate.The growth mainstream movementThe relationship with..Among the constituent groups, especiallyShrine main officeとNew Buddhist cultIs developing a selective opposition to surnames by the sect alone..The Makuya of Christ is known as an anti-gender organization.. ("#Religious groups"and"Japan ConferenceSee also. )
- Japan Policy Research CenterHas published the opposite editorial in the magazine "Choice for Tomorrow" and other publications of the same group...Founder / representativeTetsuo Ito TheJapan ConferenceExecutive Director (Policy Committee).
- "Meeting to create a new history textbookClaims that the textbooks of other companies' civilians "preach the surnames of married couples and the right of foreigners to vote in order to dismantle Japanese society and the nation," and the "new civilian textbooks" "fight against the tendency of family dismantling and national dismantling." ".
- The group splitJapan Education and Regeneration Organization TheIkuho companyWe are engaged in activities to spread the textbooks of.. The Japan Education and Reconstruction Organization has several advisorsJapan ConferenceIt is reported that it is also an executive of the company and is closely related in terms of organization and movement..
- Parent-school promotion associationChairman (at that time)Kimura HarumiClaims that "from the perspective of parenthood, married couples' surnames disrupt the family."..Kimura is the founder of the "National Association for Creating a Beautiful Japanese Constitution", a related organization of Nippon Kaigi...The organization is the chairmanTakahashi Shiro(Nippon Kaigi Policy Committee, Vice Chairman of the Society for History Textbooks)) Promote "parenthood" advocated by.Japan ConferenceSecretary generalYuzo KabashimaSaid, "Parental school is a countermeasure against gender equality.""Parental studies" is unscientific andhandicappedThere are also criticisms that it causes discrimination and misunderstandings (Tokyo Shimbun)..Takahashi is also engaged in activities against selective married couples., Mnet, etc. are "the pioneers of gender bashing".
- Tokushima, Ibaraki, Chiba (1996), Nagasaki, Kumamoto (1997), and Okayama (2021) councils have passed written opinions against selective surnames for married couples. There is.
- Active in introduction
- Public interest incorporated foundation OfJapanese Christian Ladies' PartyWants to introduce a system.
- Shinshu Otani SchoolThe public relations magazine "Aiau" published by the Women's Office of the Liberation Movement Promotion Headquarters emphasizes the impact of diversification of family forms on temples and cults in the future, and publishes a column by the plaintiffs in the proceedings of married couples..
- Reluctant to introduce
- Religious corporationThe main shrine of the shrineShinto Political FederationClaims that the use of the common name is sufficient, It is said that he has urged members of the Diet to oppose selective couples...He also claims that ancestral rituals and inheritance of surnames are completely different things, and that no revision of the law is necessary...The Association of Shinto Shrine is the magazine "Shinto shrineBut I'm developing an objection.
- Hotaka TsukadaSays there is a close relationship between the organization and Nippon Kaigi.
- The Shinto Political Federation was in the Upper House election in 2013,Arimura Haruko(LDP) is supposed to have supported..Arimura is one of the members of the opposition rally hosted by the 2010 Nippon Kaigi..Mizuho FukushimaAccording to the report, there are young female members of the Liberal Democratic Party who are in favor of it but cannot express it because they have been recommended by the Shinto Association of Spirituality..Red flagWhen the Legislative Council reported in 1996,Japan Bereaved SocietyIt is reported that there was a sudden voice of opposition from members of the Liberal Democratic Party against the background of.. At the 1996 Legal CouncilAtsuo NakamuraIt is,Shinto Political FederationMembers of parliament and ministers who belong to the parliamentary council discuss the bill according to the policy of the council.Separation of politics and religionI am asking if it is unconstitutional.. In contrast, the Secretary of StateHideo UsuiReplies that, as a general rule, religious groups and related parliamentary groups exchange opinions, and the ideas are not necessarily the same..
- Religious corporationWorld Peace and Unification Family Union(Unification Church) puts selective couples at risk.. The religious group is said to be "furiously" doing gender bashing.. Of religious paper based on the same religious groupWorld daily reportSaid in an editorial on November 2010, 11, "Selective surnames could be used to boost gender-freeness."According to an editorial on February 2018, 2, "If a surname is different, the family may be destroyed from the bottom." There is a movement withIt is against the introduction by arguing that. In addition, to related political groupInternational Katsukyo UnionAnd one of the movement policies is to "prevent communist policy hidden in selective married family surnames.".
- Suzuki Eight is the founder of the National Assembly that protects Japan, the predecessor of the Nippon Kaigi, and many people from the same group are involved.Unification ChurchThere are many members of the Nippon Kaigi at the upper level, and the Sekai Nippo (religious newspaper based on the Unification Church)World daily reportThere are a lot of people involved in the Japanese conference in the club for readers of.
- Religious corporationNew Buddhist cultEspecially in the early 2000sGender equalityActively engaged in activities against.. Of religious paper based on the same bodyJapanese Current CriticismHowever, they actively oppose gender equality, and in an extra article on May 2001, 5, they argue that the selective marital system is "aiming at the dismantling of families.".. It was pointed out in 2012 that the paper has since shifted its focus to promoting nuclear power plants rather than activities against gender equality.However, in the article on March 2018, 3, he opposes that it will lead to the dismantling of the family..
- The denomination is a member of the Japan ConferenceKazunori Akimoto, the current representative of the cult, is on the representative board of the Japan Congress.
- In the 2004 Upper House election,Eriko YamataniRecommend (LDP).. Yamatani in 2001Unification ChurchReligious paperWorld daily reportHas expressed opposition inIn addition, Yamatani is the co-representative of the Parliamentary League "Kizuna Weaving Association", which was established in 2020 by cautious parliamentarians... Also, in the 2013 Upper House election,Shinichi Eto(LDP) is supposed to have supported..Eto is one of the members of the opposition rally hosted by the 2010 Nippon Kaigi... In 2020, it was reported that Eto, Yamatani and others had objected at the Liberal Democratic Party meeting where Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couples were discussed..
- Religious corporation OfScience of happinessThe Liberty Web, a web medium based on, is consistently negative to selective couples... Of a political group whose mother body is the religious groupHappiness Realization PartyYanai, the chairman of the general affairs of Japan, claims in 2010 that the selective couple-by-marital bill is a national dismantling bill..
- TenrikyoIn a 2004 publication, the Tenri Yamato Cultural Council, an advisory body that reports directly to the Governor's Office, stated that the cult was a world religion that was appropriate for any society and culture in the world, and was particular about its format. It is said that it is appropriate to take measures according to the situation of each society and culture..
The following newspaper companies are showing their attitude in editorials.
- Active in introduction
- Nihon Keizai Shimbun
- Asahi Shimbun
- Mainichi Newspapers
- Yoritsu Shimbun
- Tokyo Newspaper-Chunichi Shimbun
- Japan Agricultural Newspaper
- Hokkaido Shimbun
- Mutsu Shimpo
- Tooku Nippo
- Daily Tohoku
- Kahoku Shimpo
- Yamagata Shimbun
- Ibaraki newspaper
- Chiba Daily
- Kanagawa newspaper
- Shinano Mainichi Shimbun
- Yamanashi Nichinichi Shimbun
- Shizuoka Shimbun
- Northern Japan Newspaper
- Niigata Daily
- Kyoto Shimbun
- Kobe newspaper
- Sanyo newspaper
- Chinese newspaper
- Sanin Chuo Shimpo
- Tokushima newspaper
- Kochi newspaper
- Ehime newspaper
- West Japan Newspaper
- Oita Joint Newspaper
- Kumamoto Daily Newspaper
- Miyazaki Daily News
- Minami Nihon Shimbun
- Okinawa Times
- Ryukyu Shimpo
- Japan Times
- Reluctant to introduce
Human rights / diversity
|Positive theory||Negative theory|
|Respect for individuals, moral rights, self-determination rights, identities||Science Council of JapanStates that the enforcement of Mr. and Mrs. Gong is a violation of personality rights, and that a selective marital system should be introduced in order to respect individual dignity and achieve gender equality in marital relations..Science Council of Japan,Noriko Mizuno(Legal scholar), he extortedPersonal dignity・Define equality of both sexesArticle 14 of the Constitution,Article 24 of the ConstitutionConflict withInsisted.The Japan Federation of Bar Associations has forced the change of one of them.Article 13 of the ConstitutionGuaranteed byMoral rightsClaims not to respect.. The plaintiffs in the 2011 proceedings also argued that Article 750 of the Civil Code, which enforces a change of name in marriage, violates the name rights of the personality rights guaranteed by Article 13 of the Constitution... The Science Council of JapanShuhei Ninomiya(Legal scholar) says that it causes a contradiction with the interpretation standard of Article 2 of the Civil Code..|
Kumi Sasaki (Tohoku Gakuin University, scholar of law) says that the requirement to change his wife at the time of marriage under Article 750 of the Civil Code isArticle 13 of the Constitution OfMoral rights"Freedom not to be forced to change Mr."Article 24 of the ConstitutionIt is not possible to satisfy both freedoms of "freedom of marriage" guaranteed by the above, and sufficient rationality is not recognized.Article 24 of the ConstitutionViolates.
Shin Yoshida (Asahi Shimbun reporter) says that not only convenience and disadvantage, but also the "individual dignity" of those who consider the surname as a symbol of personality is being questioned..
The Asahi Shimbun said in an editorial, "People who scream against another surname lack the tolerance for others. It can lead to discrimination and prejudice against the minority who chooses their own way of life.", Insist.
Miko Hayashi (journalist) says that the pressure of identification, which does not allow married couples to have different surnames, is unpleasant.He criticizes opponents that the dignity and identity of an individual is important, and that it is a downhill to totalitarianism that refuses to admit people with different positions, ways of thinking and feelings..
Yoshihisa Aono (President of software development company Cybozu) says that the current common name is forced to use him together, which makes him feel like he is separated and causes great mental distress..
Chie Matsuura (Professor, Takushoku University) said in 1976, "When a couple is not one and the individual husband and wife appear on the whole surface, the surname of the couple will be taken for granted." It is desirable to have a system that opens the way for people to choose between different surnames and the same surname when considering it as a transitional period of the rights and obligations of an independent personality. ".
Takuo YamadaIn 1984, (a legal scholar) stated, "From the principle of immutability and the right to self-determination, it is more refreshing to say,'If you want to change your surname in principle, you may change your surname.'".
Naoko Tateishi (legal scholar), when compared to the marriage sequel system and the marriage sequel system introduced through the civil law revisions of the 1960s and 1970s, was not limited to marriage couples, For example, while the successor name is guaranteed by a track record of more than 7 years, it is said that the lack of institutional security is inconsistent for Mr. before marriage, even though he has been used for at least 16 years. Are.
|Tomomi InadaAs of 2010, the (politician) said that the selective marital movement was "some innovative.Left wingmotion,orderHe claims that it is being used for the "destructive movement," and is afraid of being criticized as "a woman's disdain or an old idea of keeping women in the home." As it is troublesome, the Democratic Party has to decide the surname of the child born at the time of filing the marriage registration and submit it, even if the child is not given due to age or health reasons. OfHuman rights violationsWas criticizing..However, in 2018, "It is confusing to use two surnames in the common name" "There are many marriages between elderly people".|
Tetsuya Miyazaki(Critic), in his 1996 book, said that coercion of a married couple's surname is a violation of personal rights, but compulsory use of a surname of a parent (for example, due to divorce or remarriage of a parent)CustodyArgue that changing the surname of a child by changing the name) or naming of a child by a parent should also violate the moral rights, and if it is based on the moral rights, argue that it is strange to abolish the surname. doing.
|Diversity and diverse values|
Science Council of JapanIs Japanese society1980 eraInternational since the second halfGender equalityDue to the trend of women and economic independence of women, there is a change in the view of family, the view of marriage, the way of life and roles of men and women, the way of working of men and women in society, the form of family is diversified, and the legislative fact that supports the marital system is Is changing.
Rino Sato (Sendai Gender Equality Foundation) should respect diverse family shapesClaimed.
The Nihon Keizai Shimbun argues that the idea of recognizing diversity is necessary for society, rather than forcing a different surname to be accepted by those who wish..
John C. Maher, area research scholar, said, "A married couple surname will also be a human rights issue. By being forced to publicize that we are married, divorced or remarried. , Because women's privacy rights are violated.”.
The Nishinippon Shimbun introduced an example of choosing common-law marriage because "it seems that even unfamiliar people have declared divorce or remarriage, and I do not want to change it".
In January 2018, the plaintiff argued that the current law, which does not allow the married couple system, violates the right to privacy in a trial that appealed to the government for the Family Register Act that does not allow selective married couple surnames..
|Equality and discrimination|
Although the provisions of the Civil Code leave it to the couple to choose whether to refer to the husband or wife, the percentage of wives who actually change their names is 2014% of the total according to a 96.1 Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare survey.It is said that the Science Council of Japan is for women.Indirect discriminationHitGender equalityClaims to be contrary to.Yoko Hayashi98% of married couples (Chairman of the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women)(2015% in 96)) In the case of a female surname is an indirect discrimination of a female, Insist.
In the May 2018 lawsuit seeking selective surnames for married couples, whether the plaintiff wants married surnames or alternative surnames is related to the way of life of the individual, and discriminatory treatment by ``creed'' is under the law. Contravenes Article 5(14) of the Constitution, which stipulates the equality of.. Furthermore, in 2016, about 96% of couples had their wives renamed, and “substantial equality” between the couples was not maintained. It also claims that it violates the "marriage freedom" stipulated in Article 24 of the Constitution..
Haruki Murakami(The writer) states that "because of getting married, one of them must change their surname is a clear conflict with the constitutionally guaranteed equality of men and women. That is unfair.".
Shuhei Ninomiya (a legal scholar) argues that although the current system allows married couples to have different surnames in international marriages, it is unfair to not allow married couples to have different surnames in marriages between Japanese citizens..
Reiko Otsuka (journalist) can choose the surname before the divorce and the maiden name at the time of divorce, but it is strange that the maiden name cannot be chosen at the time of marriage., And.
Akio Tsutsumiuchi (Senior Fellow of the Japan Philanthropic Association) said that the same surname rule is being asked in the present age when the view of marriage is diverse, and if one of the people who feels his identity has to change his surname. , Says that it may be a violation of human rights.
Toru Kunishige(Politicians and lawyers) are increasingly giving the same name to men and women, and it is unreasonable because the same surname and same name may be unavoidable under the current system..
|Ikuhiko Hata(Modern historian) says that 96.1% of married couples choose their husband's surname, but this number excludes adopted surnames, and if a woman who does not want to change her name accepts the surname, the man accepts it Insist that there are many.|
Tomoki Hino (Japan SRGM FederationThe representative) has set the current system of husband and wife as "formal equality", and "substantial equality" should be resolved by "sufficiently guaranteeing the option of'male reforming'". When the selective Mr. and Mrs. Betsu was introduced, "It is obvious that the 4% of men who had been reformed so far would say,'Then, Mr. and Mrs. Gender'." He argues that "the choice to change" is effectively "nearly nothing", so gender equality will be far away..
Social system cost
|Positive theory||Negative theory|
|Social loss, economic loss, cost, convenience||Toshiaki Egami (an information scientist) and his colleagues professed that the change of Mr.CareerInsist that it may cause damage to.|
Hirofumi Idota (a legal historian) said that under the current system, changing the surname of a person who has lived in society for many years is a great social loss.And personal lossAnd bring. Various procedures when changing his name are troublesome and costly (Asahi Shimbun), Etc. are also pointed out.
Yoshitaka Miura (lawyer) finds it convenient if the surname does not change.
The period of using the maiden name is longer than before due to late marriage, the number of double-income families is increasing, and the loss is larger... By 1997, the number of double-income households had already exceeded the number of full-time housewives.As of 2014, the number of double-income households was 1077 million, the number of households consisting of male employees and full-time housewives was 720 million, and the number of double-income households was significantly higher than that of full-time housewives..
Yoshihisa Aono (President of software development company) states that the name is a brand in business, and changing it is an economic loss..
Mutsuko Asato (President and CEO, Nampo) says that "the more women who become executives and managers, the more people will hit the wall at business unless the system is changed.".
Junko Ogawa (golf writer) says that even professional athletes have the disadvantage of changing their surname..
Ayako Yawata (Professor of Education, Kumamoto University) says that business cards and family register names are not enough to understand that they are the papers of the same person as before the marriage, so it is complicated to use properly..
Kazuo Yamaguchi(Sociologist/Professor at the University of Chicago) introduced the selective surname system for couplesPareto improvementIt is related to the basic concept of liberal social institution design, and can be supported regardless of the position of libertarians, social democracies, etc..
Seiichi Kushida(Politician) said, "What happens to the copy of the real estate registry if the couple have the same surname and the same name? When I was forced to execute it, I thought it belonged to my husband, but it belonged to my wife. Not social turmoil. ".
Kuroiwa Sachiko (Professor of Iwate Prefectural University, Foreign Language Educator) is not a woman's independence or gender equality, but it is inconvenient for her surname to change in the middle of her life, and it is more rational to choose a surname for a married couple. Is trying.
|Shuji Yagi(Japan Education and Regeneration OrganizationChairmanMeeting to create a new history textbookFormer Chairman) is not enough to make it necessary to revise the civil code, because it is enough for the inconvenience of occupation to be revised in each industry, organization/group, or individual laws and regulations., Insist.|
|Problems related to using nickname|
In the editorial, the Asahi Shimbun insists on the introduction of a selective system as it is a waste of tax to subsidize the local government by 176 billion yen only by repairing the system such as resident's card because the use of the maiden name is halfway and limited..
Yoshihisa Aono (President of a software development company) insists that "it is inefficient for society as a whole to pay unnecessary costs every day to properly use the maiden name. If you give a legal basis, that is all you need."  , Regarding the announcement by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications that a budget of 100 billion yen will be taken for system renovation to "make it possible to write the old surname on my number card etc." It is disadvantageous to the nation that the situation where it has to spend 100 billion yen can only be expressed as a national loss...In addition, "When concluding a contract with Cybozu, Inc., it is necessary to confirm with the Legal Department and make a contract after distinguishing between the common name" Aono "and the surname of the marriage.This time lag is a big loss for corporations that require quick economic activity. ".
Reiko Sekiguchi (former professor at the University of Library and Information Science, plaintiff in the proceedings for the use of the maiden name) said, "Basically, it does not mean that a woman is recognized as a human being. "In this case, we can see that excellent women will be involved in the future of Japan depending on whether they go abroad or do not want to get married.".
Kyoko Morisawa (politician) says there are some hurdles, such as being unable to run for an election with his maiden name..
Kaoru Onimaru(Former Supreme Court Judge) said, "Even if you are allowed to give your name, the name is just a common name, not a real name. On the contrary, allowing a common name is a public system such as taxes and pensions. Every time you use, a complicated procedure is required. ".
|Declining birthrate||Masahiro YamadaAs many sociologists often ask for selective surnames for married couples for the survival of their family names, compulsory marriage of married couples is an obstacle to marriage and contributes to the declining birthrate. Pointing out.|
Yoko Itamoto(National Regional Marriage Support Center representative) is a major cause of the declining birthrate due to a lower marriage rate, and allowing a selective surname for a couple is likely to increase the marriage rate and is very effective as a measure against declining birthrate. It is considered that this is a measure to be taken, and there are many unmarried men and women, especially in rural areas, and the provision of the same family name is an obstacle to marriage..
Yasushi Ogasawara(Meiji UniversityProfessor), Tomoyuki Watanabe (Hitotsubashi University(Professor) argues that in order to improve the birth rate, it is necessary to radically rethink the view of family that does not even allow the selective surname system for couples..
Akihiko ReizumiAs one of the necessary reasons, the (writer) said, "The value of" marrying and matching the surname of the patriarch "leads to male-dominated women, and as a result, the joint sharing of housework and childcare is delayed, leading to a declining birthrate. It overlaps with the serious problem of.
Katsuyo Katsuma(Critic, Audit and Analysis Director) argues that in order to stop the declining birthrate, everything that seems to be useful for measures against the declining birthrate, including the selection system, and promotion of a gender equality society should be implemented..
Tradition / family system
|Positive theory||Negative theory|
|Tradition||Science Council of JapanIs not a traditional Japanese culture, but a result of the establishment of a family system under the Meiji Civil Code..|
Yuki Senda(Musashi University professor of modern society) said, "I wonder if the idea that a married family surname after the Meiji era is the original family form can be called a "Japanese tradition"" Arguing that the.
Exit Akira(Lifenet Life Insurance Chairman and CEO) said that if he recalled the Heian period when his husband was a wife's marriage to his wife, it was immediately clear that Japan was also a country of surnames by couples. It is pointed out above that Japan is the only developed country in the world that is a member of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to compel you to have the same surname for legal marriage..
Seiko Noda(The politician) said that the history of surnames for married couples is from the Meiji era onwards and is the same as the history of the post office. It is said that conservative politicians who continue to say that the married couple's surname is a Japanese tradition are uncomfortable..
Masahiro Yamada(Sociologist) argues that the married couple's surname is a Japanese tradition, and that the current married couple's surname system should be enforced by law as part of the Westernization policy of the Meiji government and that diversity should be recognized..
Shinichi Yoshida (a scholar of law) should not "force tradition" even if he admits that Mr. and Mrs. Tsutomu, who has a history of only about 100 years, is a Japanese tradition., Insist.
Yuko Tanaka(Hosei UniversityThe president) argues that the samurai family in the Edo period had different surnames for their spouses, so there is no option for the same surname, and now there is no option for another surname, but it is better to have one..
Kazuo Yamaguchi, a sociologist and professor at the University of Chicago, adopted the law of "married couple's surname (the same person)" after 31, when the revised civil code was promulgated, which was modeled after Germany (German Empire) at that time. It is considered to have been done in Japan and cannot be called a Japanese tradition. Moreover, in the present age when the number of female professionals has become the majority, it is entirely unreasonable to continue the system that does not respect individual preferences, regardless of tradition..
|The Sankei Shimbun argues that the "family sense brought by the same family name" is a Japanese tradition and culture..|
|family name-Ritual||Yuichiro Sakai (Fukuoka Prefectural University) prays for the realization of a family surname, which he says will be legalized.MaintenanceThere are also a lot of people, and some feminists, on the other hand, oppose another surname, pointing out that it is irrelevant that many opposition criticize selective surnames because of opposition to the gender movement..|
Japan Agricultural NewspaperFor example, if the eldest son and the eldest daughter get married, the introduction of the selective surname systemGravePoint out that there may be more options to protect.
RitualThe president ofGraveThe inheritance of is also possible with another surname. The "grave of the XX family" is not universal, and there is no regulation that the grave of Mr. Mr. Also, due to the declining birthrate, more and more one-child marriages are occurring, and free methods are being devised regardless of the surname problem (Japan Federation of Bar Associations).).
|Tomoki Hino (Japan SRGM Federation(Representative) said, "If we promote" gender equality "in Japan, it goes without saying that the rights of" trace sons "and" trace daughters "are" formal equality, "but of course," substantial equality. " From the standpoint that "there must be secured," "the number of single-children's families has increased, and the number of cases where only daughters are the only successors to conservative families will increase steadily." If he is introduced, the number of "men who will change" will decrease more than now, so at that time, conservative women said, "Because it is selective, the choice to take over my house is guaranteed, right?" By the way, there is no guarantee that we can overcome social pressure. ".|
|Family register system||Yuichiro Sakai (Fukuoka Prefectural University) asks those who wish to introduce a selective couple, a group that asks for "to inherit the family name", a group that does not care about family register, and abolition of family register and the same system There is a group.However, some people who want to abolish the family register say that there are groups who are critical of legal marriage itself and critical of selective couples..|
Tohashi Hashishita (politician/lawyer) said that the current family register system should be abolished or should be a complete individual family register,My numberIt is said that it is possible to build a solid system by using such systems. Alternatively, as a second best measure, it is possible to keep the current family register system and to register the individual family register only when the surname (Mr.) of the couple is used. If an opposition argues that "belonging to the family register ensures family cohesion," it should argue that it applies to foreigners as well, and the opposition says the logic is broken..
Kimura Kusata(Legal scholar) said, "Current family register is compiled based on the two principles of "marriage family registration principle" and "same family registration principle", but it can be seen from the fact that this does not apply to foreigners. As such, it is not an indispensable principle to enjoy the effect of legal marriage. It should be easy for a married couple to have a single family register for each married couple.”.
Sumiko Matsuda (Yamagata Prefectural Yonezawa Women's Junior College), Japan exported the family register systemTaiwan, South KoreaNow that they have separate surnames, it is possible to introduce a separate surname system, and insist that it is sufficient to create separate family registers for married couples who chose separate surnames... In addition, Matsuda named Fumiaki Sato as a representative of the surnames by married couple, and if he wanted a surname by married couple, he would abolish the family register system and make it an individual status registration system, and by breaking down the registration for each "house," It introduces not only the assertion that the roots of discrimination against vulnerable groups, including foreign residents in Japan and illegitimate children, should be eliminated..
Masanori Niimi (medical scientist) has no reason to dare to deny the selection system,personal numberSince it is possible to identify an individual regardless of the surname if there is, "a system that gives a completely new surname when married" is also acceptable..
Junko Oyabu (photojournalist, former honorary officer of the National Center for Sexual Violence Investigation) also argues that the family register system is no longer necessary because all people are registered in the My Number system, and it is an opportunity to introduce a selective surname system for married couples. doing.
|Yuichiro Sakai (Fukuoka Prefectural University) is a group that fundamentally advocates the "marriage homosexuality principle" for those who disagree with or are critical of selective surnames for married couples and do not consider the family registration system to be a problem (or insist on adherence). There are two different groups, a group that is critical of legal marriage itself (which is also critical of the legalization of surnames for married couples) with the aim of abolishing the family register system..|
Ayako Kubu(Historian), in his 1989 discussion, because Japan's Mr. is closely related to his family register, it is not possible to easily introduce an optional system, and both family names and surnames are cultural and may differ from country to country. However, it was argued that it was premature without sufficient discussion..
Tomoki Hino (Representative of the Japan SRGM Federation) insists that "what is actually submitted to the Diet is to realize a married couple in the current family register marriage" and "a married couple in a family register marriage". As mentioned above, as a matter of course, overseas examples cannot be used as they are, because the Japanese family register system is the only one in Japan. "..In addition, from the results of the Cabinet Office opinion poll, "more than XNUMX% of people regardless of age and gender think that their surname (Mr.) is the name of their family" and "The people deny the principle of the same family name." It's hard to say that you want it. "Insists on the introduction of a "marriage system selection system" that maintains the principle of "same family registration".
How the family should be
Ayako Uchida, a member of the investigation room of the Legal Committee, said that the pros and cons of selective surnames are largely conflicting in the discussion about maintaining a traditional family model..
|Positive theory||Negative theory|
|Family view||It is argued that many opposition to the surname system for selective married couples are out of date for Japan's opposition to "because of the loss of family unity"..|
Kazuo Yamaguchi (sociologist, professor at the University of Chicago) says that there is no theoretical or impact on the divorce rate, and there is no proof that the divorce rate has increased in countries that have introduced the selective system..
Hiroshi IwataUnder the current system, (historian) marries his husband's husband (98%2015% in 96 coverage) Means that the husband enters the “home” and is connected with being considered as a “bride”, and for the married woman, the change of surname seems to mean subordination to the man. doing.
The Nara newspaper column "Kunihara" points out that there is still a strong sense that women enter the "home" of their husbands due to marriage, and there is a sense of incongruity with their surnames for married couples..
Yoshihisa Aono (President and CEO of Cybozu) has come to have various things like "the view of the division of roles between men and women" and "the way Japanese families should live" as their surnames for married couples have continued for a long time. To say.
What is the married couple surname system?Patriarchal system,FatherhoodOr a consciousness equivalent to itDVIt is pointed out that it is the cause of (RE Dobash, K. Yllo,, Kyoto Matsushima).
Minada airflowThe sociologist argues that the selective surnames for married couples are not criticized as "breaking the family" because the married couples who want to choose the same surname can still choose the same surname. Although it is considered that the majority will probably not choose even if the selective surname is introduced, it is a fact that there are people who urgently need it, and it is not strange to want to restrain even "the way of life of others". Or, he says that one should look at the actual family life in which one lives, rather than the mere corpse "family image as an idea.".
Fujiko SakakibaraAccording to the (lawyer), there is a case in the opposition that the legislative purpose of Article 750 of the Civil Code was "to foster a sense of oneness with the family," but the Tokyo District Court ruled in 25. Such claims are clearly rejected, and a system that enforces the same surname in the legislative document is neither explained as "indispensable to the marital system or due to the essence of marriage". Certified.
Tomomi Inada (politician) pointed out in 2018 that "there are many marriages between the elderly".
|Ayako Uchida (Law of the Legal Affairs Committee) says there are dissenting opinions, such as "selective couple surnames disrupt traditional family models, kinship relationships, ancestry, customs (graves, care issues, etc.).".|
Hyaku emblem(Japan Council Director)International agreement(Article 10(1)) states that family protection by country is stipulated, and that the selective surname system for couples goes against it... Hyakuchi also argues that the current married couple surname system fits the spirit of the Constitution to "protect the family.".. Hyakuchi also argues that the introduction of surnames for couples can easily lead to a loss of family ancestry, which may adversely affect the Japanese moral sense of respecting ancestors..
Shuji Yagi(Japan Education and Regeneration OrganizationChairmanMeeting to create a new history textbook(Former chairman), if the selection system is approved, the family name cannot be called the family name and it will affect the family with the same family name, so all the people should discuss the system of one country.Insisted.
Japan ConferenceInsists that "the same-surname marriage system is meaningful as a family name for" family "" and that the principle of same-surname marriage and same-child parent-child should be maintained..
Shinto Political FederationAccording to the media Shinto Association of Spirituality Web NewsTakao Mori(Educator/Parent-school promotion associationThe special committee member) argues that if the couple has a different surname, the family ties will be weakened, the surname different from the parent will cause trauma, the parent-child surname will develop into bullying, and the feeling of loneliness will increase..
Akihiko Kato (Professor, Meiji University)JusticeThe magazine argues that the selective marital surname system is a disruption of the customary law that regulates kinship and is likely to cause a loss of the grandparent's important source of parenting and reduce birth rates..
Satoshi Kiyoguchi (reporter of the Sankei Shimbun) says that if there is a woman (or man) who sticks to her surname and gives up on her marriage, she should say goodbye to them..
Religious corporationNew Buddhist cultOf a religious paper based onJapanese Current CriticismArgues that surnames for selective marriage are "encouraging divorce" and "denying marriage system," leading to "family breakdown" and increasing "drug addiction" and inducing crimes, leading to social devastation..
|Discussion about child|
Sota Kimura (constitutional scholar) says that the same-name provisions of the Civil Code exclude couples who wish to have different surnames and their children from legal marriage, and have a negative impact on the family's sense of unity and the interests of their children..
Kazuo Yamaguchi, a sociologist and professor at the University of Chicago, commented on the popular argument that "children are bullied if their parents are surnames", but such bullying was "psychologically due to intolerance of others' freedom." ``Cost'' is the cause, and for that reason it is unwilling to force the same surname, and it is bullying and discriminatory acts that should be banned.
Kazuko Honda(Children's scholars) argue that the negative impact on children is caused by the intolerant social climate, and that the revolution of consciousness should dispel the uniform orientation..
Ayako Uchida (Legal Affairs Committee Research Office) has the opinion that if the separate system is legalized and made known to society, "bullying" based on prejudice will disappear., And.
Reiko Otsuka (journalist) actually interviewed a child of a married couple and said that the family was good friends, that the child was poor (as often said in dissent), the child Introducing the desire to introduce selective surnames for couples as early as possible, and more and more people will be able to exert their strengths if the society as a whole recognizes "diversified values". Is trying.
|Ikuhiko Hata(Modern historian) argues that the problem of selective surnames for married couples is that surnames for parents and children do not exist, and there is no good idea to decide the surname of a child, and wrinkle will go to the child..|
Abiru Rui(Sankei Shimbun reporter) says that in the case of selective married couple surnames, if a married couple who chooses another surname has a child, the child will always be a surname of one parent and自由Arguing that it affects not only the issue but also the human rights of children.
Shuji Yagi (Chairman of the Japan Educational Revitalization Organization and former chairman of the new history textbook) has introduced a surname system for selective married couples. Questions, when to decide, what to do if more than one is born, etc., Insist.
Hyaku emblemRegarding the introduction of the selective system, Mr. (Japan Council) introduced a family name by parent and child, and said that "the diminishing sense of unity between the parent and child and the anxiety of the child would hinder their growth," leading to the collapse of the family. Claim to be connected.
Yamaguchi(Tamagawa UniversityProfessor), in his 2007 book, argues that in the case of surnames by couple, there is a dispute between the couple that they want their child to be their surname. Yamaguchi argues that even if a child is given the option to change his or her name after adulthood, it is cruel to make that choice..
|Relationship with same-sex marriage|
Regarding the same-sex marriage, Ken Suzuki (law scholars) said that legal marriage between same-sex couples should be allowed in view of legal security for same-sex couples, and then marriage between same-sex couples will actually be accepted. In such cases, it may be said that it is strange for either of them to change their family name at the time of marriage, so in that case, revision of the same family name surname is unavoidable even in heterosexual marriage, Is trying.
Current situation / situation
|Positive theory||Negative theory|
|Public opinion debate||Atsuko Muraki(Former Secretary-General) said in the 2017 opinion poll by the Cabinet Office, although the number of people aged 70 and over was less than 5%, those in their 60s exceeded 6% and those in their 50s and under exceeded 8%. However, it is pointed out that the majority of those in their 20s and 30s, who are the center of marriage, have a large number of selective couples who accept surnames. It cannot be said that "the opinions of the people are largely divided".|
In response to the fact that the Japanese government cited the fact that public opinion was divided as the reason for not submitting the bill, the International Covenant on Civil Rights B, the Human Rights Committee, should not talk about statistical surveys to justify the attitude regarding the law. Criticizing.
The United Nations Commission on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women states that the obligations of States parties to ratify this Convention are not solely dependent on the results of public opinion polls, and that this Convention is part of the domestic legal system of the States Parties. It should be based on the obligation to maintain domestic laws in line with the provisions of.
|Hyakuji (Director of Japan Congress) argues that the majority of people who agree with a selective marriage surname are negative, and that the system should not be modified for a minority. Are.|
Kenta Yamada(Osaka Prefectural AssemblyCongressman,Constitutional Democratic PartyAccording to the results of the 2017 Cabinet Office poll, "53.7% of people think that the couple should have the same surname, but only 8.4% think that they actually want to change their surname due to the revision of the law." Since it costs a lot to change the current social system (Family Register Act), it is desirable to gradually modify the current situation (make it possible to use the common name without inconvenience). ".
|Discussion on movements in the religious world||Noriko Kawahashi (religious scholar, professor of Nagoya Institute of Technology) should say in the religious community that the Shinto community is leaning to the right, and that they are opposed to the surnames of couples regarding gender equality and the movement to oppose surnames of couples. It's not like that.|
Inoue Nobutaka(Religion scholars) said that the association of Shinto shrines is in the opposite position, and the surnames of married couples are common in East Asia, and it was in the Meiji era that Japan obliged the same surnames of married couples. "Created traditionIs enjoyed as a tradition suitable for Japan..
|International situation||The Nihon Keizai ShimbunConvention on the elimination of all forms of discrimination against girlsJapan claims that Japan, which has forced the same surname of married couples even 30 years after ratification, is subject to international criticism..|
Japan has been recommended by the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women three times to revise Article 3 of the Civil Code, but in the May 750 proceedings, the plaintiff stated that Japan has ratified the Covenant on Civil Rights and the Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women. , Claims that Japan is obliged to comply with the treaty under Article 2018 (5) of the Constitution..
Haruaki Deguchi (Chairman and CEO of Lifenet Life Insurance Company) claims that the current legal situation is "Galapagosian"..
United Nations Women's Secretary-General Pumjire Murambonukka has criticized Japanese law, saying, "We must have choices to ensure gender equality.".. In addition, the US State Department's annual report on human rights in 199 countries/regions (2015 edition) also mentions the civil law provisions that do not allow surnames for couples in Japan..
Yoshihisa Aono (President of a software development company) has responded that the government "does not know any country other than Japan that requires the couple in the world," while Japan has ratified the discrimination against women. Japan has been recommended three times by the treaty body of the Convention on the Elimination of the Elimination to revise the provisions of the law that stipulates the couple, but such a Japanese attitude is not only for Japan but also for international activities. It also undermines the trust of individual Japanese companies..
Masayuki Tanamura (law scholar and professor at Waseda University) said, "It is clear that Japan is behind in the fact that selective surnames for married couples are not recognized even among developed countries and in neighboring countries in Asia.".
Huang Jingyi (Family law scholar, Suin University) said, "Today's international legislative trend is to let the couple choose whether to keep the same surname or leave another surname at the time of marriage. It has been adopted by consultation. Thus, surnames are gradually becoming a collective designation rather than a collective designation.".
|Ikuhiko Hata(Modern historian) argues that the world's surname situation is diverse and has nothing to do with "discrimination against women"..|
|Discussion on the movement of the legislature|
Kasai Daihaku (Mainichi Shimbun) said the Supreme Court ruling "should not be irrational about the selective marital surname system, but should be discussed in the Diet." Hit, Insist.
Yoshihiko Miyauchi(Oryx(Senior Chairman), the bill proposed within the Liberal Democratic PartyParty detentionRegarding the fact that it was not approved by the party, "it is not necessary to bind the party to the proposal to "determine your own name"" "It is important to have unity within the political party, but depending on the content of the task, the party faction color It is critical to think out of each person with good sense and give an answer.".
Commentary on the 2015 Supreme Court decision
Sota Kimura (a constitutional scholar) said that there is no "infringement of freedom that does not force him to change" nor "inequality between men and women" in Article 750 of the Civil Code,MediaDespite the strong repulsion, he said, "The legal theory of plaintiffs' claims is reasonable and unavoidable.". However, even though it is not inequality between men and women, there is inequality between "a couple who accepts Mr.'s change" and "a couple who does not accept Mr.'s change". It is said that it can be resolved by giving the same rights to legal marriage as to legal marriage..In addition, Article 750 of the Civil Code states that "only excluding couples wishing to have a different surname and their children from legal marriage" "has a negative impact on the sense of family unity and the interests of children.".
Masanori Niimi (medicine) cited the possibility that he was unconstitutional if the ratio of male and female judges was almost equal.personal numberIf there is a person, it is possible to identify an individual regardless of surname, so he argues that "a system that gives a completely new surname after marriage".
Akiko ShimoshigeAs the number of crimes such as murder among family members increases, the (writer) is illusion that people who say "My family are happy" just believe in the family of "individuals" and "just want to have a good face outside". "It is only in Japan that married couples have surnames in developed countries," the constitutional ruling claims to be "obsolete and embarrassing.".
Akio Tsutsumiuchi (Senior Fellow of the Japan Philanthropic Association) has diversified his outlook on marriage, as seen in the spread of same-sex marriage worldwide, and told all couples that they should give the same surname as a family. On the other hand, there are few countries where the law stipulates uniformly, and it is expected that discussions will be based on diverse values.He added that changes in the democratic structure of the declining birthrate and aging population should not bring about silver democracy and distort the decision-making debate on social institution building..
Masashi Ito, an editorial writer for the Mainichi Shimbun, said in an editorial writer for the Mainichi Shimbun that "it is extremely doubtful that women will understand the constitutional decision." There are many people who feel that, so he insists that the introduction of a selective system should be promoted..
An editorial in the Tokyo Shimbun reports, "It is discriminatory that only one must change a surname that was judged by the high court to be part of the moral rights.".
The Ehime Shimbun said that the constitutional ruling was "internationally obsolete and strongly criticized for unfair discrimination against women." While family bonds and "forms of happiness" differ from person to person, "the law makes it difficult for individuals to live. On the contrary, if it becomes a reason for discrimination or exclusion, it will be a fall at the end of the life.''.
The Ryukyu Shimpo reported in its editorial that it was a decision that entrusted the Diet with judgment and that it did not fulfill its responsibilities as a "guardian of the law," and urgently needed to revise the law in the Diet..
Tokuharu Izumi(Former Supreme Court Judge) says that the revision is not progressing in the Diet because this issue is related to the minority right, and it is difficult to expect because politicians are always strongly aware of the majority, and to protect the human rights of the minority. Although only the court can do it, he criticizes that "this judgment does not play the role that the court should play".
Yoshiki Yamaura(Former Supreme Court Justice) said, "The trials over the family are influenced by the judge's view of life and family. I want you to stay affirmed by past values." It is important that many judges will feel embarrassed about Japan's situation by international standards.".
Kaoru Onimaru"When it came to men's home problems, those who were democratic in other cases were quite strongly opposed to the ruling," said the former Supreme Court judge. "Men and women have different perspectives on various cases." If it changes, we should increase the number of female Supreme Court judges in proportion to the population. ".
|The Sankei Shimbun argues that the ruling is valid and that public opinion that "does not want" more than 8% should be taken into consideration.. Many judges argue that they decided that the constitution was constitutional because "the disadvantage can be mitigated by the widespread use of the popular name". In addition, Mr. Terada, in a supplementary opinion, said that the parents and children have different surnames, "while leaving the scope of discussion on what to do with the husband and wife while presuming a relationship with the child born out of wedlock", Discussing the surname of the child, when to choose the surname after marriage, whether to select the surname for each child when a couple has multiple children, and whether to unify with the siblings, etc. Reports that.|
Shuji Yagi(Japan Education and Regeneration OrganizationChairmanMeeting to create a new history textbookFor the first time in history, the Supreme Court ruled that the family was a "component of society" and a "natural and basic group unit of society."Universal Declaration of Human RightsArticle 16 andInternational human rights agreementA Terms (International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights) Insisted that the decision emphasized the significance of the family community because it was based on the contents of Article 10..
Commentary on the 2016 nickname litigation judgment
There are also various comments on the Tokyo District Court decision in 2016 regarding the use of nicknames by female teachers.
- The Nihon Keizai Shimbun criticized in an editorial on October 2016, 10 that the ruling did not understand the flow of society.He also criticized the Supreme Court ruling in the first-choice married couple's surname lawsuit in December 16, which was inconsistent with the judgment that "the disadvantage of changing the surname can be alleviated to some extent by using the common name.".
- The Mainichi Shimbun criticized in an editorial on October 2016, 10 that it lacked an understanding of the fact that the use of maiden names is widespread. It is also inconsistent with the Supreme Court ruling in the first selective marital proceedings in December 13, which stated that "the disadvantage of changing the surname will be alleviated to some extent by the social spread of the use of the maiden name." Criticizing.
- Shuhei Ninomiya (a scholar) denied that the district court decision was "not socially accepted", which was the premise of the Supreme Court decision of the first selective marriage surname in December 2015. The Supreme Court says that it is said that they should allow selective surnames for couples.”.
- The defendant's director said, "This trial has the composition of "individual identity vs. school identity." However, if there is a law that allows alternate surnames, we would not have to fight such a battle. Should be".
Status of each country
- Under the current law, the couple.The only exception is international marriage.
- Republic of China
- You can select a married couple's surname or a compound surname (crown surname). Under the Civil Code of 1985, in principle, the surname was given, and if the parties made a special arrangement, the surname was given... In the 1998 revision, it was revised that, in principle, the real family name can be used as it is and can be used as the crown family name.In the workplace, I often used my real family name instead of my family name...In principle, the surname of the child was the surname of the patrilineal family (the opposite is true for the husband), but with the revision in 1985, if the mother has no siblings, the surname of the mother can also be used. It is now possible to have different surnames for siblings.. HoweverGender equalityContrary to the principle, the 2008 revision of the Family Register Act required parents to agree on the surname of their child, sign it, and submit it.If there is no agreement, the government office will decide by lottery..In addition, adopted children can now maintain their real surnames... The 2010 amendment allowed adults to change their surnames freely.
- South Korea
- Name each person (surnames by couple)..In principle, the surname of the child was the surname of the father, but the 2005 amendment made it possible to use the surname of the mother if the parents consulted at the time of marriage registration... In addition, ancientRitual systemThe family registration system similar to that in Japan, which has been in existence since its introduction in 2008PedigreeIt has been abolished as a system without a justifiable reason based on..Also, from 2008, it has become possible to use the family name of the child that the mother took after the divorce as the family name of the mother... Note thatSame name and same book Not marriedWas abolished in 1997 after the Constitutional Court ruled unconstitutional in 1999..
- north korea
- There is no provision regarding Mr. Marriage in the current law, and you can continue to use your family name.Married couples have equal rights.Same name and same book Not marriedThere is no provision for.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Mr. and Mrs...The first and last name of Mongolia consists of surname + patronymic (father's first name) + first name (person's first name).The surname was abolished once in 1925, but was reintroduced in 1999..
- Select from married couple surname, compound surname (crown surname), and married couple same surname. The Marriage Law of 1950 granted "the right to use your first and last name".. With the 1980 revision, the surname of the child will be chosen from one of the parents,2001The amendment made the wording more equal for married couples, but traditionally the father's surname is used...There is also a family register system in China, and there is a debate by all means..
- Choice system. The 1913 Amendment Act (Article 1941), which requires all citizens to have a name, and uses another person or husband's name and wife's husband's name, was unconstitutional by the Constitutional Court in 12. Judgment goes down, Revised in 2005.Under the current law, there is a selection system from Mr. He, Mr. Betsu, and Mr. Combine...The child's name can be selected from either parents.
- Prior to 2010, at the time of marriage, the wife gave her husband the husband's.middle nameIt was a choice between adding as, using the husband's name, or adding Mrs. to the husband's full name.However, in 2010, the court ruled that only his own may be used from the perspective of respecting women's rights...Now it is possible to have a married couple.
- Mr. does not change at marriage.
- You can select another person or the same person.Many are different.
- Usually Mr. and Mrs.He often gives his husband's name as a popular name.It is also possible to change the male side.
- 東 テ モ ー ル
- There are areas where there are many different people, and there are areas where there are many Kai and compound people..
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- A wife may use her own name separately from her husband.
- More than 9% of the people do not have a surname, and their names do not change at the time of marriage..There may be one or many name clauses.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- The name does not change at the time of marriage.The name consists of about 2 to 5 names, the first name is the family name and the last name is the given name.Depending on the traditions and tastes of the parentsmiddle nameSometimes not, sometimes more than one.. Vietnam government announced the removal of the family register system in 2017.
- Mr. does not change due to marriage..Names are in the order of "name, first name".. Many surnames are the same as those in China and Vietnam...In many cases, the child's name is the father's name, but sometimes the father's name is the child's name, and the siblings may have different names..
- There are no strict legal provisions at the time of marriage.You can change your name freely..However, as of 13, there are reports that India has a "same system" (Gender equalityMeeting Basic Problem Special Investigation Committee).. Marriage registration has become mandatory since 2012, but at the time of registration, a new person will be delivered if the person changes..HinduIs the coupleon the other hand,SikhAlways has "Singh" for men and "Kaur" for women, and does not change with marriage.MaharashtraThen, it is possible to retain the premarital name at the time of marriage2011Is written in.. In 2017Narendra ModiThe Prime Minister says women do not need to change their passports after marriage..It is also reported that there was no need for change than before..
- ネ パ ー ル
- Once married, a woman can use either her father's or mother's name or her husband's name..
- ブ ー タ タ
- He is named for each individual, not the "house name".No change due to marriage.
- Some women change their minds at the time of marriage.
- Sri Lanka
- If no procedure is taken, there will be no change at the time of marriage.If you want to change your name, start using it at the time of marriage and follow the procedure when you need proof..
- Another or husband's.Islamic law does not require you to change to your husband, and many Islamic residents are different..
- Women traditionally do not change their marriage at the time of marriage.Some women change their minds in English-speaking countries.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Select from another, same, and compound.If you are already a compound, you cannot add it.Even if you change your mind, you can return it when you divorce.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Select from Mr. Betsu and Mr..
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Select from another, same, and compound.If you are already a compound, you cannot add it.Even if you change your mind, you can return it when you divorce.
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- ジ ョ ー ジ ジ
- Select from another, same, and compound.
Middle East/West Asia
In Arab countries in the Middle East and North Africa, Muslim women traditionally do not change at marriage.
- Selection system from the same person, another person, and compound person. The 2001 amendment of the law first recognized a female compound., In 2014, an unconstitutional ruling was made not to allow only the premarital name to be named, and it became possible to continue the premarital case..
- イ ス ラ エ ル
- Betsu, his choice system.Middle name can also be used.
- Usually, they do not change their name at the time of marriage, but some women add their husband's name behind them... Until 1976, the husband had the right to decide on a family member, including his wife, but now any member of the family can decide on his own..
- Normally, he does not change his name at the time of marriage, but some women make him his husband in a Western style..
- Saudi Arabia
- Do not change at the time of marriage..Same for adoption.
- Women do not change their name at the time of marriage.
- Women do not change their name at the time of marriage.
- Cannot be changed at the time of marriage.
- United Arab Emirates
- Traditionally do not change at marriage.
- Muslim women do not change their marriage at the time of marriage.Some women change their minds.
- Women have the right not to change their marriage.
- The United Kingdom
- Traditionally, there are no legal provisions regarding him, and he can change him freely as long as he has no intention of fraud, and he, another, or compound can choose.Traditionally, a wife calls her husband..The child's name can be freely attached as long as it does not violate public order and morals..
- Select from Mr. Betsu, Mr. He, and Mr. Compound (referring to his spouse with his middle name)..The child's name chooses from father, mother, or both.
- As mentioned above, the wife can call her husband's name as a common name..2013Can be used as a common name for both husband and wife.. Before 2004, the child's name was his father's, but the 2005 amendment law allows him to choose between parents and a compound that connects both of them with a hyphen... From 2013, if the couple cannot agree on the child's name, it will be the alphabetical combination of the parents' names.Adopted will be Mr. Bond.
- Select from Mr. Betsu, Mr. He, and Mr. Compound (posting his own name after the selected spouse's name).. As of 2001, the husband's name is unchanged, and the wife is the husband's (same) or own (separate).It is reported that the wife can also postpone her own...In the past, it was said that after marriage, the wife would change to her husband's name, but the name law was amended and it became an optional system...The child's name can be either, but the children of the same parents must be the same..
- Mr. does not change depending on marriage..The only child was the father, but since 2008 the mother has also become available..
- Marriage does not change the legal name.However, with the permission of the spouse, he can be used as a common name (it can be used as a common name. Even after divorce, he can continue to use it with the permission of his former spouse. (Needs sufficient reason for change)..Regarding the child's name, it was once defined as the father's name, but with the revision of the law in 2006, it became possible to select from the father's name, mother's name, and compound (in any order)..
- In the past, his husband's birth was stipulated by the Civil Code, but in 1976 his wife's birth and compound were allowed to choose.Furthermore, with the revision of the Civil Code in 1993, if the couple's name is not specified, it becomes an optional system to become another person... As for the child, if both parents have custody, either child can be used, but it cannot be changed for each child. If you change your husband and get divorced or bereavement after marriage, you can choose to return to the old one, or you can select the double name to add your maiden name to the married person... According to a 2016 survey by the German Language Association (GfDS), about 75% of husbands and wives are married, about 12% of other marriages (neither husband nor wife is changed), and about 8 combined men. %, wife's engagement was 6%..In addition, regarding the adopted child, you can select from the adopted parent or a combination of the pre-adopted and the adopted parent..
- Until 2013, in principle, the husband's name, if there is a decision, the wife's name, or a compound person who follows his own nameHowever, after April 2013, he became a separate person in principle unless special procedures were taken before marriage... In order to change to a husband or to select a compound, you must do so before marriage...It is decided at birth for the child's name.If the parents are different, select either the parents or the compound.If the child's name is not specified, it will be the mother's name... Before 2013, he was my father.
- Before 2013, my husband's priority was given.If there is a legitimate interest, it is possible to name his wife's wife or compound him in front of his own.However, since 2013, it has been changed to Mr. Betsu in principle unless special procedures are taken before marriage.Pre-marriage procedures are required to select a spouse or compound..In the case of another, the child's name is selected from the father's or mother's name at the time of marriage or the birth of the first child.The second and subsequent children will be the same as the first child.
- リヒテン シュタイン
- Select from the same, another, and compound.Parent decides the child's name.
- Choice system. Until 1975, there was a civil code provision that a wife would imitate her husband at the time of marriage, but in the Supreme Court ruling of 1961, the wife did not lose her original right to use her at marriage, but her husband's. It was interpreted that he would get the right to use..Furthermore, the Civil Code was amended in 1975, and it became possible to explicitly select from Mr. He, Mr. Betsu, and Mr. Combine...On the other hand, there was no legal provision for the child's name, and the customary law was the father's name.On the other hand, in 2014, it was decided that the mother's name should be selected.European Court of Human RightsIssued inFurthermore, in 2016, it was unconstitutional in the domestic Constitutional Court that only the father's name could be selected as the child's name...Now, as a child's name, in addition to the option of adding the father's name as before, there is an option to add the compound's name, which is the father's surname plus the mother's name.In addition, if the mother is unmarried and the father does not know, only the mother's name can be given to the child.Determined at birth..Italy has very few divorces.
- The name of an individual is generally "name, paternal grandfather, maternal grandfather", but in 1999 the law was amended to allow "name, maternal grandfather, paternal grandfather". It was.The order depends on the consensus of parents.This order is unified among siblings.There is no provision for the couple's name in the Civil Code and there is no obligation to change it, but women replace "de + husband's paternal surname" with "maternal grandfather's" to "husband's paternal". , "Maternal grandfather's" can be replaced with "de + husband's paternal", etc..
- You can select from another person or compound person (spouse's name is prefixed or postfixed to your own's name). With the revision of the law in 1977, it became possible to select another person... As of 2011, 60% of married women still use their premarital surname..The child's name grants the father's name and the mother's name, but the order is not fixed and the siblings may have different orders..
- Select from another, same, and compound.It is a tradition for a wife to imitate her husband at the time of marriageHowever, it was revised by the revision of the law in 1983...After that, with the revision of the law in 2008, it became possible to select a compound person who adds a spouse's name with a hyphen to his family name..
- Select from another, same, and compound.Complex is rare.
- With the option system, the same person or another person, his own name or his spouse's name can also be an intermediate person (Name Act 1983)...If the parents are different, choose from father or mother.If there are multiple children, the same person.
- Choice system.At the time of marriage, it was reported in 46 that 34% of wives changed their husbands to middlemen in addition to their husbands, 20% changed to husbands, and 2016% changed to another... Before 1923, he used his father's name and had no tradition of changing his wife at the time of marriage, but by the name law of 1923, his wife changed to his husband's husband at the time of marriage (the husband and wife). However, after that, the name law was revised in 1965, and it became the current system..
- Select from the middle names of the same person, another person, and spouse. Until 1981, the couple was supposed to be the same unless otherwise specified in the documents, but in the 1981 law amendment, the pre-marital man was in principle changed by notification.He can also use his grandparents or another person with permission.
- Select from the same, another, compound, and Soshi (create a new one).1930The marriage law requires that a wife use his husband's husband, but with the amendment in August 1985, another surname (non-renamed marriage) became possible... Furthermore, the revision of the law in January 2018 increased the number of variations of compound Mr. and made it possible to create new Mr... In addition, it is now possible to have a couple as their husband even in the case of a real marriage... Regarding the child's child, if the parent is the same person (including the case where he is a compound person), the child is that person, and if not, the person who was notified after birth (either father or mother). However, if there are multiple children, all the children are the same...The number of names given to children has increased from a maximum of three to four due to the 2018 law amendment..
- アイス ランド
- The person's name will not change unless otherwise requested..In Iceland, there is no concept of "family name", and in principle, the name of the father, the name of the mother, or both of them means "son" -son or "daughter". -With dóttir (patronymic)Last nameCall as.
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Select from Mr. Betsu, Mr. Same, and Mr. Compound (with the spouse's name after).
- Choice system. In the 1995 Family Code, you can choose from another person, the same person, and a compound person (Article 32, Paragraph 1)...The name consists of the first name, the patronymic,..The child's name is selected from the father's or mother's name in consultation with the parents... If you are 14 years old or older, you can change your name, name, and patronymic at your own will..
- Select from another, same, and compound..However, if you want to make a compound, do not connect more than two people.(1964).
- チ ェ コ
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Select from Mr. Betsu and Mr..
- Choose from another, same, or compound (any order, connect with a hyphen) and change your spouse's full name to your spouse's full name with né added (in this case your birth name will be lost). Add né to your spouse's full name plus your full name to make your full name (in this case the full name consists of four names), add né to your spouse's name before your name. You can choose from adding what you have done (your own name will be the middle person), etc...Traditionally, the wife renamed her husband's full name with né added, and her birth name was lost.After that, the options increased after revisions such as 1895, 1953, 1974, and 2004... In Hungary, like Japan, the surname comes before the given name..
- Select from another person and the same person.The child's name is either one.Court decides without parental agreement.
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Select from Mr. Betsu and Mr..
- ベ ラ ル ー シ
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Northern Macedonia
- Choice system.Traditionally, women changed their husband's female form at the time of marriage, but in recent years some women have used another, husband, or compound..
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Select from Mr. Betsu and Mr..
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- You can choose from Betsu, the same, compound, and only one spouse is compound..
- The United States of America
- Marriage laws are set by state. Since the 1970s, selective couples have been recognized, and in addition to himmiddle nameThere are roughly 5 options.. Approved in all states since 2015Same-sex marriageBut selective couples are also recognized..There is no provision for the child's name in the constitutionIn Kentucky, you can have any child.In Georgia, the child's name is limited to one or a combination of parents.In Louisiana and Tennessee, the child's name is, in principle, the father's, but it can be changed with the consent of the parents.Arizona, Washington, and Massachusetts have his length regulations.In Texas, there are restrictions on accents and umlauts.New Jersey bans anyone who is offensive to public order and morals..On the other hand, until the 1970s, many states said that fathers had the right to have a child, but since then it has been revised to be equal.If you can't agree, the court will decide in many states, but in Florida and New Jersey you'll be an alphabetical compound of your parents..
- Marriage laws are set by state.Quebec has been banned from marital changes since 1981..In the state, the child's name is selected from a combination of father, mother, and parent's name... In Ontario, the name on the birth certificate does not change after marriage, but the spouse's name can be used on the driver's license...The child's name is selected from father's, mother's, and compound, but if the parents do not agree, the child's name will be the alphabetical compound of the parents...In Alberta, choose from another, same, and combined..In British Columbia, choose from him, another, and compound.You can use the last person, the person at birth, and the spouse...In New Brunswick, the marriage does not change, but you can change to your spouse if you follow the procedure..
- Generally women do not change..Each individual has two names, traditionally the father's first and mother's first and child's first and second, but in 2017 both parents' second. It was accepted to be the child's father.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Mr. wife is unchanged, but Mr. Join using Mr. husband is possible.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- There is no legal provision.By convention, the couple is the same..The husband does not change to his wife's name, but at the time of marriage, the wife may become the husband's name or may call himself a compound...In that case, you must submit proof of marriage when applying for a passport..
- Select from Mr. Betsu, Mr. He, and Mr. Compound. Before 1977, his wife was obliged to join him, but the revision in 1977 made it possible for him to join him, and the revision in 2002 made it possible for his husband to join him...The child's name is generally lined up with the mother's and father's, but vice versa..
- Another person or a woman changed at the time of marriage.You can replace the paternal Mr. with the husband's paternal Mr. or de + husband's paternal Mr..
- Another person or a woman changed at the time of marriage. Add "de + husband's".
- Normally, he does not change his name due to marriage.For social reasons, I sometimes use a compound who added "de + husband's", but it is becoming obsolete..
- Another person or a woman changed at the time of marriage. It can be a compound Mr. with the addition of de + husband's Mr..
- New Zealand
- Select from Mr. Betsu, Mr. Combine, and Mr.In the case of Mr. Join, whichever order is used, it may be tied with a hyphen or with a space in between... Traditionally, women often give their male surnames.. As long as the child's surname does not violate public order and morals, any surname can be freely assigned.. If you are 18 years or older, you can change your family name almost freely..
- Select from Mr. Betsu, Mr. Combine, and Mr.You can change your name relatively easily..In addition, there are no legal rules that determine the child's name, and he is free as long as it does not violate public order and morals.Therefore, not only father's, mother's, and compound's, but also new creations are possible.It doesn't matter if multiple children are different..If the couple does not agree on the child's name, Victorian law allows the registrar or court to decide..
In North Africa and the Arab countries of the Middle East, Muslim women traditionally do not change at marriage.
- Most women do not change their marriage even if they get married.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Most women do not change their marriage even if they get married.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Traditionally, Somali people do not change their marriage even if they get married.On the other hand, in Western social households, wives use their husbands..
- It is possible to change the name at the time of marriage.
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- It is possible to change the name at the time of marriage.
- The same thing about him does not mean kinship, and he is generally different between families.It is customary to give the child a different name than any of the family members.It is extremely rare for all family members to have the same Mr..
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- Traditionally, a woman imitates her husband at the time of marriage, but is legally free.Betsu and compound have also increased in recent years.
- Choose from another or husband.
- カ メ ル ー ン
- Select from Mr. Betsu and Mr..
- Choose from another, husband, or compound.
- Select from another, same, and compound.
- Republic of South Africa
- Choice from another or husband.. Since 1997, Mr. Compound has also become possible...The child can be a father, a mother, or a compound..
- Both he and another are possible.The child shall be one of the parents. As of 2013, there is a debate about expanding the options to Mr. Ko.
- At the time of marriage, the woman chooses from the names of another person, the same person, the compound person, and the husband's name with "Mrs." added.Traditionally a woman imitates her husband.
- There is no law regarding Mr. Marriage, and it is possible to use Mr. Premarital or change to Mr. Husband..
- Eur-lex.europa.eu eur-lex.europa.eu
- There is no need to change his name at the time of marriage.Especially in the north, traditionally do not change.
- ^ Meikyou Japanese Dictionary, 2010nd Edition, Taishukan Shoten, XNUMX
- ^ "Marriage system and family register system"Women's Studies Review," No. 2, Kobe College, 1988. two:10.18878/00002058, NOT 110008792555
- ^ "Judges and warrants, maiden names OK Judges and clerk”(Japanese). Nihon Keizai Shimbun (September 2017, 6). 2021/3/24Browse.
- ^ Hidetoshi Fukuzawa, "Why I Stick to Different Surnames for Couples," Kindai Bungeisha, 1997, pp. 24-25
- ^ Sakata (2006) 21-24, pp. 143-154
- ^ Hisatake (2003) p. 112
- ^ a b c d e Toshiko Masumoto, Ayako Hisatake, Hirofumi Idota "Mr. and Family" Ministry of Finance Printing Bureau, 1999
- ^ My wife (1956) p. 95
- ^ Hisatake (2003) pp. 108-113
- ^ Itoda (2004) p. 37
- ^ Takizawa (2016) page 70
- ^ About selective married couple system (so-called selective married family name system), Ministry of Justice Civil Affairs Bureau
- ^ Masayuki Tanamura, Marriage Law, Yuhikaku Publishing, 2000
- ^ Miyuki Kishi, "Married Couple's Last Name: His Compulsory Theory and his Choice Theory," National Diet Library Survey and Legislative Examination Bureau, 1992
- ^ Washizumu, No. 4, Gentosha, 2002, p.118
- ^ Momoko Nakamura, "Otoshiana of Marriage Change and Couple's Same Surname," Keiso Shobo, 1992, p. 197
- ^ Mizuho Fukushima et al. "Let's have fun with married couples' surnames in the future" 1989
- ^ Shuhei Ninomiya"Thinking about Marital Facts-Another Choice"Nippon Hyoronsha,Year 1991
- ^ Yoshihisa Aono,"Then I" changed to my wife's surname and found out the financial disadvantage, Asahi Shimbun, December 2017, 11
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q Proposal Amendment of Civil Code toward the formation of a gender equality society Science Council of Japan
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z aa ab ac ad ae af ag Ayako Uchida,(PDF) , Legislation and Investigation, 306, July 2010, pp. 7-61.
- ^ Yukiko Inubushi, "Revision of the Civil Code Concerning Mr. and Mrs."
- ^ a b c d e f Japan Federation of Bar Associations "Let's change now! Family Law: Discrimination among Children Outside of Marriage and Considering Surnames by Selective Couple,” Nihon Kayo Publishing, 2011
- ^ Inada (2010) pp. 96-107
- ^ Yahoo News November 2020, 11 "Is there a future in which couples who choose the same surname will be criticized as "old values" before the introduction of "selective married couple surnames"?", Retrieved January 2021, 1
- ^ Ikuhiko Hata "The Asahi Shimbun's theory of support for married couples' surnames, which are often off-target", Retrieved November 2015, 11, January 25, 2021
- ^ "Married couple's surname "My choice" "Wise way to expand the use of the maiden name" Eriko Yamatani", Mainichi Shimbun November 2020, 11 (last updated November 26), viewed January 11, 26
- ^ Kotano (2011) Page 9
- ^ Inada (2010) p. 101, Kotano (2011) p. 9
- ^ Yoshihisa Aono,Names are absolutely diversifiedRead August 2014, 10, September 29, 2021
- ^ "Same surname obligation constitutional or unconstitutional", Nihon Keizai Shimbun, December 2015, 12 morning edition
- ^ "Editorial: Marriage surname lawsuits: a judgment with a view to the times, Kaiki Shinpo, November 2015, 11
- ^ "Must have the same surname, only Japanese people have less sense of ownership", Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2016, 3 morning edition
- ^ Minutes of the 196th House of Representatives Legal Committee No. 2, August 2018, 3
- ^ a b c Takayuki Torizawa,Family registration system for couples and children, Reference March 23 Issue
- ^ a b c Shinichi Yoshida,Changes in surname due to marriage From the relationship between the Civil Code and family register, Bulletin of Faculty of International Liberal Arts, Toyama University of International Studies, Volume 6, March 2010
- ^ Itoda (2004) p. 91
- ^ Nihon Keizai Shimbun electronic version 2013/5/29 Family name by couple, split opinion Opposition debate possibility
- ^ a b c Inc, PRESIDENT (February 2020, 2). “Three super-discriminatory disadvantages that Japan's "same-surname marriage" system imposes on modern women”(Japanese). PRESIDENT WOMAN Online (President Woman Online). 2021/2/25Browse.
- ^ a b "Common use, limit to understanding of companies", Mainichi Shimbun, June 2016, 1
- ^ "Increasing burden on the management department by responding to "two names"", Japan Human Resources Department, February 2016, 2
- ^ a b c d e "Selective Marital Surname / Inheritance Discrimination Q & A for Out-of-Marriage Children" Japan Federation of Bar Associations
- ^ a b "The surname of the couple is not recognized by the Supreme Court = Yuki Noguchi (Kyoto Branch)", Mainichi Shimbun, June 2015, 12
- ^ a b c “Are you a family unless you have the same surname?” AERA, February 2016, 2, pp. 8-17.
- ^ "My maiden name after marriage" Is there any unexpected inconvenience overseas? ”, AERA, October 2015, 10
- ^ "What will happen to the selected surname by couple" (above), Yomiuri Shimbun, March 2008, 3
- ^ a b c Kumiko Nakatsuka and Kenko Uehara "Why can't I become a family? Diverse family shapes hindered by outdated laws" Asahi Shimbun
- ^ a b c Fumiko Takeishi, "A Marriage and Divorce Counselor Administrative Scrivener" with 20 Years of Actual Marriage Tells a Real Book of "Actual Marriage" Subarusha, April 2012
- ^ What should I be careful of when choosing a surname for a married couple? Inheritance, deductions, disadvantages, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, July 2017, 7
- ^ a b c “The surname of the couple, isn't it strange?”, Asahi Shimbun Digital, April 2015, 4
- ^ a b "If I choose a surname for each couple, how will this affect my children? What a married couple talks about," said wotopi, April 2015, 4.
- ^ "What happens to the selective surname for each couple" (below), Yomiuri Shimbun, March 2008, 3
- ^ "(Tell me! Marriage and Law: 2) Do you have any problems with using your maiden name or common-law marriage?", Asahi Shimbun, December 2015, 11
- ^ "Family and Law (2015) The way to live under your own name, married couple's surname, common-law marriage spreads," Nihon Keizai Shimbun, December 12, 10, morning edition
- ^ a b c d e Mizuki Takeuchi,Institutional changes based on the legal transition of the Married Couple's Principles: Legal protection of use of common names and feasibility of selective surnames for couples, "Jurisprudence Studies" No. 58, pp. 85-132
- ^ Kayoko Kondo "Memorandum of Understanding of Mr. and Mrs. (2): A Historical Study”Bulletin of Miyagi University of Education, January 2016, 1 Volume 29, pp.50-317,ISSN 1346-1621, Miyagi University of Education
- ^ "Nagata-cho's "Insaneness" that has disregarded the Constitution that draws attention to the Supreme Court's decision on remarriage and surnames for couples", Business Journal, November 2015, 11
- ^ "Japan upholds rule that married couples must have same surname", The Guardian, December 16, 2015.
- ^ a b c d "Marriage surname, severe international opinion = United Nations, recommending legal reform", Jiji Dotcom, September 2015, 9
- ^ a b Ratification to eliminate discrimination against women, Shimbun Akahata, March 2020, 3
- ^ House of Councilors. “(2005) Petition for prompt ratification of the Optional Protocol to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women". 2009/11/14Browse.
- ^ Appeal for ratification Lecture in Toyama Elimination of discrimination against women "Selection Protocol", Chunichi Shimbun, May 2020, 8
- ^ "Repression in China, Significant Increase" US Human Rights Report, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, April 2016, 4.
- ^ 2016 Human Rights Report-Parts about Japan, US Embassy/Consulate in Japan, March 2017, 3.
- ^ 2017 Human Rights Report-Parts about Japan, US Embassy/Consulate in Japan, March 2018, 4.
- ^ 2018 Human Rights Report-Parts about Japan, US Embassy / Consulate in Japan, March 2019, 3
- ^ 2019 Human Rights Report-Parts about Japan, US Embassy / Consulate in Japan, March 2020, 3
- ^ a b Civil Code Revision Guidelines for Marriage Systems and etc.
- ^ a b February 1996, 2 Legislative Council General Assembly decision Summary of bill to revise a part of civil law
- ^ a b c d e f Statement of position for the draft draft revision of the Civil Code regarding the marriage system, Japan Federation of Bar Associations, January 1995
- ^ Seigo Hirowatari, History, Current Situation, and Comparison of German Law Studies, Nihon Hyoronsha, 2016, p. 363
- ^ a b c d e f g Reiko Ishiyama, "Analysis of newspaper reports on selective married couple surnames: with a view to news frames for pros and cons"Seijo Bungei" December 2009, No.12 p.209-113, Seijo University
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k A meeting to think about the revision of the Civil Code "Understanding Civil Code Amendment-In Search of Selective Marital Surnames & Elimination of Discrimination against Married Couples" Chaoyangkai, 2010
- ^ 18-year-old adult enacts revised Civil Code No parental consent required for marriage / contract, Asahi Shimbun, December 2018, 6
- ^ Prohibition of remarriage of women 100 days shortened, revised Civil Code passed, Mainichi Shimbun, June 2016, 6
- ^ "Discrimination against inheritance of children born out of wedlock is unconstitutional Supreme Court En banc" Nihon Keizai Shimbun September 2013, 9
- ^ Part of the Civil Code has been amended,Ministry of Justice
- ^ a b "Interim Report on the Review of the Marriage System", Counselor's Office, Civil Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Justice, September 1995.
- ^ a b c Proposed amendment to civil law to introduce surnames by couple, Asahi Shimbun, December 2010, 2
- ^ Yu Hara "About Introducing the Selective Married Woman's System and Family Registration System" 50th Anniversary Papers of the Family Registration Law, edited by the Editorial Committee "50 Years and Prospects of the Current Family Registration System: 50th Anniversary Papers of the Family Registration Law" Publishing, 1999) p.788
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m "Re-submitting of a bill to revise a part of the civil code (a bill for selective surnames for married couples)" Democratic Party "Next Cabinet" Legal Affairs Norio Hosokawa Children and Gender Equality Mieko Kamimoto
- ^ a b c Six opposition parties submit bills for selective surnames for married couples, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2018, 6.
- ^ a b c d "4 Submission of bill of opposition party is difficult for deliberation in the current Diet", Mainichi Shimbun, December 2016, 5.
- ^ a b c d The 151st Diet, a bill to revise a part of the Civil Code (Yoshio Urushihara, 2 people submitted, Public Law No. 54), August 2001, 6
- ^ Submit a bill to amend a part of the Civil Code (selective surname for married couples) to the Upper House
- ^ "Selective Married Couples, Democracy is a Law Amendment," Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2015, 3
- ^ Submitted "Selective Married Woman Bill" to the House of Representatives with 5 opposition parties and 1 parliamentary group, Constitutional Democratic Party, Activity News, June 2018, 6.
- ^ a b Cybozu president sues? Will the "married couple surname" come true this time? I asked a lawyer, HUFFPOST, November 2017, 11.
- ^ Yoshihisa Aono,Request for understanding and support for what you want to achieve in the selective marriage surname lawsuit, August 2017, 11
- ^ Sakuhana Satoshi,Answers to questions about the new married couple surname lawsuit, August 2017, 11.
- ^ Sakuhana Satoshi,New Marital Proceedings and 4 Villages, August 2017, 11
- ^ a b c Cybozu Aono et al. Family name lawsuit by husband and wife, Bengo2019.com News, December 3, 10
- ^ a b Representative of Tamaki, a citizen aiming to amend the law to a family name, Sankei Shimbun, October 2019, 3
- ^ [Leave the yaji behind] I would like you to think about selective surnames for couples - YouTube Tamaki Channel (Yuichiro Tamaki YouTube Channel) January 2020, 1
- ^ a b Seiko Noda homepage,"July 14, 7 "Parliamentary legislation to revise a part of the Civil Code-Exceptional surname system for married couples"”. As of May 2012, 9オ リ ジ ナ ル[Broken link]More archives.
- ^ a b c d "Surnames for married couples: "Exceptional bills" not discussed together LDP Legal Section" Mainichi Newspaper July 2002, 7
- ^ a b c d "Abandonment of Party Procedures at this Diet: Meeting of surnames by LDP couple" Kawakita Shimpo July 2002, 7
- ^ a b c "What is a married couple and a family? To the first judgment of the Supreme Court, such as the surnames at the crossroads of civil law," Asahi Shimbun, February 2015, 2
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l "(Tell me! Marriage and Law: 5) What is the position of each political party?", Asahi Shimbun, December 2015, 12
- ^ "'Family Court Permit System' is unavoidable," Asahi Shimbun, December 2002, 12
- ^ "Withdrawal of Family Court Permit for Discrimination", Asahi Shimbun November 2002, 11
- ^ a b c milk vol.15, "Law Minister Nakamura: Applying to the Liberal Democratic Party for the "name of maiden name"" March 1999, 3
- ^ a b c d e f Masako Ohwaki,Asking the Family View of the Supreme Court's Supreme Court Decision Why did legislation fail?, Elephant No. 84, Spring 2016, Group Elephants, March 2016, 3.
- ^ Taro Kono,Sesame bruxism November 2001, 11 issue
- ^ Chairman's Statement on Civil Code Revision, Japan Federation of Bar Associations, March 1997, 3
- ^ Resubmit the "common name usage bill" that disappeared 18 years ago ... "Careful" Sanae Takaichi asks "Selective married couple surname", ABEMA TIMES NEWS, December 2020, 12
- ^ Submitted a legislative bill "Bill on the use of the pre-marital name" to the Liberal Democratic Party Legal Committee, Sanae Takaichi Column, December 2020, 12.
- ^ a b 25th House of Councilors Regular Election Japan Restoration Party Manifest, 2019.
- ^ a b Establishing a national memorial facility = Premise of Article 9 revision, acceptance of same-sex marriage-Renewal pledge, Jiji Press, June 2019, 6
- ^ Reasons why Tomomi Inada, a conservative representative, explains that the couple's surname "Let's discuss", Tokyo Shimbun, February 2020, 11
- ^ a b c "Maiden name is possible even after marriage" Liberal Democratic Party, Mr. Inada proposes law revision, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2020, 11
- ^ Eliminating the disadvantages of selective married couple surnames?Tomomi Inada proposes a new surname change system, Weekly Asahi, December 2020, 12 issue
- ^ Tomomi Inada's Tweet 1327918107252310017, Twitter, November 2020, 11.
- ^ Minister of Justice Morimae, original proposal with selective married couple's surname "legal basis for maiden name with the same family register", Sankei Shimbun, March 2021, 3.
- ^ a b c People living with same-sex partners submit equal rights to the Marriage Equality Bill to the House of Representatives, Constitutional Democratic News, June 2019, 6.
- ^ A bill to allow same-sex marriage will be submitted for the first time in Japan. "It's strange that there wasn't one until now" (Detailed report), HUFFPOST, June 2019, 6
- ^ Simultaneous suit for same-sex marriage “Knowing the difficulties of minority”, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2019, 2
- ^ a b Rejection of same-sex marriage, first unconstitutional judgment Sapporo District Court "discriminatory treatment", Asahi Shimbun, November 2021, 3.
- ^ "Single custody after divorce is unconstitutional.", Bengo2019.com News, December 3, 26
- ^ “I want to be involved with a child” after divorce Custody and discussion spread, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2019, 11
- ^ Akihiko Kamada "Theory of Marital Creation-Another Proposal to Replace the Theory of Selective Married Couples" My Book 2007
- ^ Sakata (2006) 147, 178
- ^ Kotano (2011) Page 155
- ^ Ofuji (2012) p. 220
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) p. 123
- ^ Sakata (2006) pp. 22-23
- ^ Okutomi (2004) pp. 140-141
- ^ Sakata (2006) p. 154
- ^ Hisatake (2003) p. 37
- ^ Okutomi (2004) p. 143
- ^ Itoda (1986) p. 144, Itoda (2004) p. 38
- ^ Fukushima et al. (1989) p. 11
- ^ Series Living Law XNUMX Civil Code Disciplines Family for a Century, Viewed on December 2021, 1
- ^ Tamie Horie,Column: "Law for selecting surnames for married couples", Posted on January 2020, 1, Retrieved January 19, 2021,Yukio EdanoDescription,Three Ways to Realize "Selective Married Couples' Surnames" Asked by Mr. Edano, December 2020, 12, January 30, 2021Tetsuji Nakamura,"Reconstruction of Japan" blog Selective couple Betsu-Betsu was Japan, January 2010, 2, read January 22, 2021
- ^ a b c d e f Kazuo Yamaguchi,Selective surname issues and the value of personal freedom, Special Report, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry, April 2019, 4, February 5, 2021
- ^ Nomura (2000) Page 7
- ^ Inoue et al. (1984) p. 109
- ^ Inoue et al. (1984) p. 111
- ^ Ichiro Nitta"Medieval" "New System Japanese History 2 Legal Social History" Yamakawa Shuppansha, 2001, p. 147
- ^ Nomura (2000) Page 7
- ^ Ofuji (2012) p. 83
- ^ Yasuko Tabata, "Masako Hojo, Namidai carrying the Shogunate," 2003, Jimbunshoin, p. 196
- ^ "Japanese surname system" Yagi Shoten, 2002, p. 252
- ^ Itoda (2004) pp. 35-37
- ^ Nomura (2000), pp. 8, Michiko Goto, "House and Women of the Medieval Public House," Yoshikawa Takabunkan, 2002, pp. 6-8
- ^ Sakata (2006) 22-23, pp. 34
- ^ Kakuda (2006) pp. 202-203
- ^ Goto (2009) pp. 138-139
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) p. 239
- ^ Kakuda (2006) p. 248
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) p. 239
- ^ Goto (2009) pp. 137-138
- ^ Sakata (2006) p. 149
- ^ Sakata (2006) 147, 154
- ^ Tetsuo Owada"The wives who tried to protect the Kitaseisho and Yodo-dono Toyotomi family" Yoshikawa Kobunkan, 2009, pp. 9-14
- ^ Tadachika Kuwata, ed., Japan Historical Society, "Women in the Momoyama Era," Yoshikawa Kobunkan, 1972, p. 74
- ^ Okutomi (2004) pp. 147-148
- ^ Sakata (2006) p. 39
- ^ Shinzo Takayanagi"Formation and Significance of Relatives in Feudal Law in the Tokugawa Era", "Professor Nakata's 106th Birthday Celebration Legal History", p.
- ^ Kumagai (1970) p. 129, Hisatake (2003) p. 58
- ^ Keiko Yanagiya, "The Idea of the'House'and His Wife's Last Name in the Early Modern Period of Japan," Historical Review, 636, 2003.
- ^ a b c Hirofumi Idota "Mr. and Mrs. Married couple of wife in the Edo period"Journal of the Nara Law Society," 2000, Vol. 12, Nos. 3 and 4,NOT 120005888631, Nara Sangyo University Law Society
- ^ Ofuji (2012) p. 58
- ^ Kenji Mori "House (Family) and Village Legal Order" "New System Japanese History 2 Legal Social History" Yamakawa Shuppansha, 2001, p. 388
- ^ Sakata (2006) p. 148
- ^ Osamu Ofuji, "From the Perspective of Modern Farmers and Houses, Villages, and National Social History," Yoshikawa Kobunkan, 1996, p. 179
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) pp. 136-137
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) p. 239
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) p. 140
- ^ Hisatake (2003) p. 64
- ^ Sakata (2006) p. 43
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) p. 138
- ^ Sachihiko Kimura "Shinsengumi Complete History" Kodansha, 2004, pp. 20, 22
- ^ Hisatake (2003) p. 65
- ^ Kenji Mori "House (Family) and Village Legal Order" "New System Japanese History 2 Legal Social History" Yamakawa Shuppansha, 2001, pp. 384
- ^ a b c d Ministry of Justice HP Changes in his system in JapanThan
- ^ Okutomi (2004) p. 148
- ^ Ofuji (2012) p. 189
- ^ Ninomiya (2019) pp. 24-25
- ^ Ofuji (2012) p. 189
- ^ Okutomi (2004) p. 149
- ^ Hisatake (2003) 64, 71
- ^ Hirofumi Idota "Rename prohibition legislation in the first half of the Meiji era"Tezukayama Jurisprudence" 1, 49-81, 1998-03
- ^ Okutomi (2004) p. 149
- ^ Complete list of laws and regulations Meiji 1453 p. XNUMX
- ^ Even in Japan, there was a time when the couple had a different surname! -Tips for considering a selective marital surname system,Yutaka Takeuchi, (Yahoo! JAPAN News, February 2018, 2)
- ^ ,Memorandum of Understanding about Mr. and Mrs. (XNUMX), Bulletin of Miyagi University of Education, 49, 354-358, 2015.
- ^ Mori (2001) p. 387
- ^ Itoda (1986) p. 152
- ^ Masumoto et al. (1999) p. 86
- ^ Itoda (1986) p. 158, Hisatake (2003) p. 77
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) p. 131, Itoda (1986) p. 147
- ^ Itoda (1986) pp. 154-155
- ^ Keiko Shiba "Women in the Edo Period" Criticism Shinsha, 1969, p. 212
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) pp. 241-242
- ^ Hoshino (1943) 27, 32
- ^ Hisatake (2003) p. 67
- ^ Hoshino (1943) p. 29
- ^ Hisatake (2003) pp. 83-84
- ^ Hisatake (2003) p. 60
- ^ Itoda (1986) p. 157
- ^ Itoda (2004) pp. 58-59
- ^ Hoshino (1943) p. 29
- ^ Takizawa (2016) page 52
- ^ Ume Kenjiro "Asin-Yeog Civil Code Foreign Civil Code"Code Q & A," No. 8, Code Q & A, 1896, p. 672
- ^ Hen "New Comparative Marriage Law II" Keiso Shobo, 1961, pp. 369-370
- ^ Tsuruhisa Kazama "Complete Translation of the Italian Civil Code" Supplement, Law Culture, 1977, 27, 466
- ^ Hisatake (2003) p. 84
- ^ Ayako Hisatake, "Women's History of Mr. and Family Register, Transition in Japan and Comparison with Other Countries," 1988, Kyogakusha, p. 146
- ^ Takizawa (2016) pp. 52-53
- ^ Taniguchi (1939) p. 275
- ^ Taniguchi (1939) p. 264
- ^ Hen "New Comparative Marriage Law III" Keiso Shobo, 1962, p. 713
- ^ Takizawa (2016) page 54
- ^ Fukushima et al. (1989) p. 204
- ^ Shin Iwata"History of Japanese Civil Code History of Meiji and Taisho Thoughts as seen through Civil CodeDobunkan, 1928, p. 196
- ^ Hoshino (1943) p. 125
- ^ Comparative Gender History Study Group Secretariat[Legal History] Compilation of the German Civil Code (1874-1896) (Kenji Sansei), Viewed on December 2021, 1
- ^ Hoshino (1943) p. 139
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) p. 39
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) pp. 146-147
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) 147, 242
- ^ Itoda (1986) p. 155, Takizawa (2016) p. 50
- ^ Misao Inoue, "Whether or not to compile the Code," Hosei Magazine, No. 103, Meihodo, 1890, Hoshino (1943), p. 402
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) 47, 148
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) 149, 151 pages, Ofuji (2012) 198 pages
- ^ Tezuka (1991) p. 286
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) pp. 147-148
- ^ Michio Aoyama, "Theory of Japanese Family System," Kyushu University Press, 1978, p. 249
- ^ Taniguchi (1939) p. 204
- ^ Hoshino (1943) p. 103
- ^ Zennosuke Nakagawa-Aoyama Michio-Hajime Tamaki-Masao Fukushima-Kaneko-Takeshima KawashimaHen, "Marriage Family Problems and Family Law II" (Sakai Bookstore, 1957), pp. 234-246 (written by Hoshino)
- ^ Seiichi Inoue"Civil Law Justice Personnel Edition Vol. 1890" New Law Note, 63, pp. 65-XNUMX
- ^ Kikuo Nakamura"Legal formation of modern Japan",Yushindo, 1956, page 277
- ^ Masutaro Niida-Hozumi Shigeto-Yoshitaro Hirano"Discussion to ask Dr. Niida about the compilation of the Civil Code", "Journal of the Law," Vol. 10, No. 7, Nihon Hyoronsha, 1938, p. 23
- ^ Itoda (1986) pp. 159-162
- ^ Plum (1902) p. 43
- ^ Yoshito Okuda "Civil Code Relatives LawYuhikaku Shobo, 1899, p. 62, Hisatake (2003), p. 86
- ^ Plum (1902) pp. 144-145
- ^ Plum (1902) p. 144
- ^ Translated "Ruisai Civil Code" Hogaku Shinposha, 1911, p. 31
- ^ -Eikichi KondoYuhikaku Publishing Co., Ltd., 1942, p. 80
- ^ Tezuka (1991) p. 287
- ^ Kazuaki Sato "Family name by couple"Nipponkeizai University Ronshu" Vol. 45, No. 2,Nihon Keizai UniversityAsia Pacific Institute of Economic Research, 2016, p. 102
- ^ Yuko Tanaka,Keynote speech "From home to ream"Page 6, Symposium "Changing Family, Unchanging Family," 3rd, November 2018, 11, March 20, 2021
- ^ Takizawa (2016) page 39
- ^ Takizawa (2016) page 32
- ^ Ume Kenjiro "Asin-Yeog Civil Code Foreign Civil Code"Code Q & A," No. 8, Code Q & A, 1896, p. 679
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k Einosuke Yamanaka "Married couple's principles and constitution"Otemon Gakuin Management Theory," 1997, Vol. 3, No. 1, p.1-62,NOT 110008793505, Otemon Gakuin University Business Association
- ^ My wife (1956) pp. 23, 24, 131
- ^ Fujiko Sakakibara"Women and Family Registers for the Age of Married Couples" Akashi Shoten, 1992, p. 220
- ^ By Zennosuke Nakagawa,Hisao Izumi] Revised "Civil Law Outline, Relatives Law / Inheritance Law", latest edition, 1992, p. 33
- ^ a b c "Ask about legislative inaction! -Report of in-hospital rally calling for revision of civil law", National Judicial Scrivener Women's Association FAX Communication No. 250, March 2012
- ^ My wife (1956) pp. 20-21
- ^ a b c "40-year war" of selective couple's surname, continue to challenge politics left for 20 years from legal trial report from judiciary, Attorney.com News, August 2018, 3.
- ^ Kumagaya (1970) pp. 121-123
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l Shuhei Ninomiya "New Commentary Civil Code (17) Relatives (1)" Yuhikaku Publishing Co., Ltd., 2017
- ^ a b September 1975, 9 Petition No. 26 for Partial Amendment of the Civil Code (Introducing Representative Shizuko Sasaki)
- ^ Koji Tate, "About Mr. and Mrs."Chuo Gakuin University Law Theory" March 2016, 3, Vol. 1, No. 29, p.2-1,NOT 110010010162, Chuo Gakuin University
- ^ a b Law to partially revise the Civil Code, etc., 109th Diet, Law No. 101, September 1987, 9.
- ^ a b c Naoko Tateishi "Modern meaning of the right to use the premarital name as a common name: Tokyo District Court decision October 28, 10 case as material"Ritsumeikan Law, Vol. 2016, No. 5.6, Ritsumeikan University Law Society, 2016, 421-438 (1751-1768), two:10.34382/00007448, ISSN 0483-1330, NOT 120006329376.
- ^ a b c d e f 10 years of marriage, "husband's surname" still feels strange A female reporter thought of a married couple's surname, Mainichi Shimbun, June 2019, 7
- ^ a b c d e f g Kikue Takahashi, Miyako Orii, Shuhei Ninomiya, “Invitation to surnames for married couples: Imminent revision of civil law”, Yuhikaku, 1993.
- ^ Hiromi Ikeuchi "Shaking Parliament" Makoto Endo and Hiromi Ikeuchi, "Restoration Family-Civil Code 96 (43) Amendment and Married Couple's Last Name" Social Critics, 1997
- ^ Hirofumi Idota, "History of Family and Law," World Thought, 1993.
- ^ a b Yamaguchi TomomiMasami Saito; Chiki Ogiue (2012). The puzzled feminism of the social movement "The Lost Era" and the Grassroots Conservation Movement. ISBN 4326653779.Chapter 3 "Reason for Gender Equality Ordinance in Chiba Prefecture-Failure of Ordinance Enactment Movement and Division of Conservatism" Section 3 "Nippon Kaigi Conservative Movement Aiming to Create" Sensible Ordinance ""
- ^ Mariko Mitsui, Mutsuko Asakura ed., "Sacrifice of Backlash" (Shunposha), 2012
- ^ Chizuko Ueno, Shinji Miyadai, Tamaki Saito, Mari Kotani, Kensuke Suzuki, Kazutomo Goto, Takamitsu Yamamoto, Hiromitsu Yoshikawa, Tomomi Shibuya, Jane Martin, Barbara, Houston, Tomomi Yamaguchi, Emi Koyama, Noriko Seguchi, Yoshiko Hasegawa, Ogiue Chiki "Backlash! Why was Gender Free Hit?" Sofusha, 2006, pp. 265-267.ISBN 4902465094
- ^ a b c d Liberal Democratic Party, whose selective marital surname was taboo, why conservative female lawmakers "agree", Attorney.com News, August 2020, 3.
- ^ Gender Equality Bureau, Cabinet Office, ``Final comments on the implementation status report on the Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women in Japan''35.
- ^ a b c "Japanese married couple surname, Matahara... Eliminating discrimination against women, recommended by the United Nations Commission", Asahi Shimbun, December 2016, 3
- ^ a b "Japan amends regulations such as married couple surnames United Nations discrimination against women discrimination", Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2016, 3
- ^ a b Final view of the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women 17.
- ^ a b The Sixth Report on the Implementation of the Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women, Article 6 16.
- ^ Implementation status of the Convention against the Elimination of Discrimination against Women 7th and 8th Report
- ^ a b c A female teacher filed a lawsuit against Nichidai Daigakuen for the use of maiden names, August 2016, 6
- ^ a b c The district court rejects the teacher's request without allowing the use of the maiden name at work, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2016, 10
- ^ a b c Use of maiden name, fully accepted by Nihon Univ. XNUMXrd and High School Reconciliation between teacher and school, Asahi Shimbun, December 2017, 3
- ^ "Don't force men and women to make the same choice.", Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2016, 3 morning edition
- ^ a b "The problem of married couple surnames is a problem in life" Worked on the local assembly and passed the opinion, Attorney.com News, August 2019, 3.
- ^ a b c d Tokyo Metropolitan Assembly approves petition for legislation of selective married couple surnames passed by majority, only Liberal Democratic Party, Bengo2019.com News, December 6, 19
- ^ [Tokyo] Movement to promote surnames by married couple January-October 1 parliaments in Tokyo passed and adopted, Tokyo Shimbun, September 2019, 11.
- ^ Opinion from the local assembly (2) -Main items of the opinion received by the House of Councilors (31, first year of Reiwa)-, Legislation and Investigation, No. 423, pp.87-94, May 2020
- ^ a b c d Petition situation in each area, Selective married couple surname / national petition action
- ^ a b <Controversy Metropolitan Assembly> Selective couple's surname Sending off the written opinion to the country, Tokyo Shimbun, February 2019, 9
- ^ a b Parliamentary opinion on the local change selection system to another surname "agree", Shimbun Akahata, March 2020, 3
- ^ a b Editorial: [House of Councilors election] Family diversity by couple is also an issue, Kyoto Shimbun, April 2019, 7
- ^ a b 2019 House of Councilors election, the issue that numbers talk about "selective married couple surname", Mainichi Shimbun, December 2019, 7.
- ^ a b Women in Japan Fight for Their Identity-Starting With Their Name, Bloomberg, July 20, 2019.
- ^ a b c Initial budget passed and closed Kanagawa Prefectural Assembly 1st regular meeting, Kanagawa Shimbun, March 2020, 3
- ^ Opinion to promote married couple surnames, Shimbun Akahata, March 2020, 3.
- ^ Online study session to think about selective surnames by married couple, 60 participants / Nagano, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2020, 5.
- ^ Selective Marital Family Names 100 Local Assembly Requests from Country Opinion After June 18, Shimbun Akahata, March 2020, 9.
- ^ <Opinions requesting the introduction and discussion of married couples' surnames increased in local councils, Tokyo Shimbun, February 2020, 11
- ^ a b c Married couple's surname, momentum of law revision A common-law marriage appeal at a bipartisan study session, Tokyo Shimbun, February 2020, 2
- ^ a b Prime Minister, female manager "to 20% in the early 3s", Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2020, 11
- ^ a b Expecting in-depth discussions by selective couples' surnames Reported by the Council for Gender Equality, NHK News Web, November 2020, 11
- ^ a b c Liberal Democratic Volunteers Work on Party to Introduce Married Couple Study Group, Sankei Shimbun, March 2020, 11.
- ^ a b c Liberal Democratic Party volunteers to establish a parliamentary group disagree with "married couple's surname", TV Asahi News, November 2020, 11.
- ^ a b c Proposal to the Prime Minister to deal with married couples' surnames, Sankei Shimbun, October 2020, 11
- ^ a b Liberal Democratic Party special committee started studying with "selective married couple surname", NHK News Web, November 2020, 12
- ^ What are the hurdles for selective married couple surnames?A quarter century without discussion, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2020, 12
- ^ a b c d e f g Akiyo Takizawa, “Selective Marriage System by Marriage: Past and Future” Sanseido, 2016
- ^ a b c "All female judges who have different surnames and the Supreme Court have disagreements are'unconstitutional'", Nihon Keizai Shimbun, December 2015, 12
- ^ Proceedings for "married couple's surname" again, managers "interfering with work", Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2018, 8
- ^ Gifu Family Court June 6, 23 Family Court Monthly Report Vol. 41, No. 9, p. 116
- ^ a b "The surname of a married couple is personal freedom" Unacceptance of marriage registration is unconstitutional "Cram school instructor complaints Kakamigahara" Chugoku Shimbun, May 1989, 5 evening edition.
- ^ a b "The couple's surname'cannot be said to be the right to guarantee the constitution'is dismissed by the Tokyo District Court," Nihon Keizai Shimbun, May 2013, 5.
- ^ Yukiko Inubushi, "Married couple principle ・ Proceedings against the rule of discrimination against inheritance of children born out of wedlock-Breaking the judicial barrier-International Women, 2013, Vol. 27, No. 1, p.146-149, two:10.11216 / kokusaijosei.27.146
- ^ It's hard to name... I want to die under the name "Kyoko Tsukamoto", Mainichi Shimbun, December 2015, 12.
- ^ Plaintiffs in the proceedings "Die in your own name", Sankei Shimbun, March 2015, 12.
- ^ Interview with Toyama, an association that supports the proceedings, Faculty of Humanities, University of Toyama, accessed May 2016, 5.
- ^ Selective married couple surname "Public opinion recognizes family diversity" Lawyers and members of parliament appeal for revision of the Civil Code, Bengo2018.com News, December 3, 9
- ^ What would you do with the married couple's surname, and if you admit it, the "parent-child surname"? Celebrity views confused by the mediaJ-CAST News December 12
- ^ Provisions that do not allow married couples' surnames First judgment of the Constitution Supreme CourtNHK NEWS WEB
- ^ Debate from the perspective of a child Certain significance to the current system Married couple same surname provision "constitutional" judgmentSankei Shimbun 2015.12.17
- ^ "The reason why the couple's surname" discussion in the Diet "and the five judges were" unconstitutional "", Asahi Shimbun, November 2015, 12.
- ^ Provisions that do not allow married couples' surnames First judgment of the Constitution Supreme CourtNHK NEWS WEB
- ^ <Marital Proceedings> Why did the five judges judge that they were "unconstitutional"? Supreme Court publishes sentence, Bengo2015.com News, December 12, 17.
- ^ 2015 "Marital Proceedings" Supreme Court Decision Promotes discussions in the Diet, Mainichi Shimbun, June 2017, 7
- ^ "Pain" without choosing a surname for each couple, Cybozu president and others sued, Saga Shimbun, January 2018, 1
- ^ a b Tokyo district court sued for surnames by couples President Cybozu and others, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2018, 1.
- ^ Cybozu president sues "Family Register Act is unconstitutional" without choosing a surname for each couple, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2018, 1.
- ^ Married couple's surname Cybozu president "cannot choose disadvantage" to sue the country, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2017, 11.
- ^ Married couple's surname proceeding "Let me choose a way of life" President Cybozu, Mainichi Shimbun, June 2017, 11
- ^ Refute the objection to the selective married couple's surname, Yoshihisa Aono, November 2017, 11
- ^ Two married couples filed a lawsuit under the Family Register Act, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2017, 9.
- ^ Toward a society where both the same surname and another surname can be selected New Selective Marital Proceedings
- ^ Cybozu presidents asked for a married couple's surname, and the district court rejected it, Asahi Shimbun, November 2019, 3.
- ^ a b Selective Marital Proceedings, Cybozu, President Aono and others lose plaintiffs Tokyo District Court, Bengo2019.com News, December 03, 25
- ^ Choice of surname by couple / form of happiness, to an era of choice Reversal public opinion, breakthrough Yoshihisa Aono / Ehime, Mainichi Shimbun, June 2019, 5
- ^ a b [Breaking news] Even the high court does not recognize "selective married couple surnames" and Cybozu President Aono and others appeal to the Supreme Court, Bengo2020.com News, December 2, 26
- ^ a b c Married couple sued country for surnames, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2018, 5.
- ^ a b c d Selective Marital Proceedings, Second Proceedings "I Want to Support the Diet" ... Insist on Article 2 "Creed Discrimination" of the Constitution, Bengo2018.com News, December 5, 10
- ^ a b c The second act of the married couple's surname lawsuit begins. Requests for acceptance of marriage registration in Tokyo and Hiroshima, and appeals to the family court., Bengo2018.com News, December 3, 14
- ^ a b c Rejection of marriage registration for married couple's surname, appeal to family court, TBS News, March 2018, 3
- ^ Married couple's surname to national compensation class suit Tokyo and Hiroshima District Court, Mainichi Shimbun, June 2018, 2
- ^ a b c "Marital Proceedings" to file again in March ... Two years after the Supreme Court decision "I want to seek judgment again", Bengo2018.com News, December 02, 27
- ^ "The same surname of a married couple is not unique" The referee seeking a different surname, the family court argues ... The complaint is rejected, Bengo2019.com News, December 3, 29
- ^ a b Pros and cons of married couple's surname to trial again at the Supreme Court En Banc, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2020, 12
- ^ Married couple's surname, again to constitutional judgment at "Supreme Court En Banc" ... What is the difference from the previous 2015?, Bengo2020.com News, December 12, 20
- ^ "Creed Discrimination" Four men and women in common-law marriage filed compensation against the country, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2018, 5.
- ^ "I've been waiting for 30 years" Second Marital Proceedings, Plaintiffs' Proceedings, Bengo2018.com News, December 7, 18
- ^ "Ask Sakura Uchikoshi-A New Proceedings for Couples Asks" Inequality between Couples "", Weekly Friday, 1172, pp. 20-21, February 2018, 2
- ^ Married couple's surname "acknowledged" Tokyo / Hiroshima 4 groups filed a lawsuit, Mainichi Shimbun, February 2018, 2, Tokyo morning edition
- ^ a b Dismissal of compensation claim in proceedings of married couples, three common-law marriages, Tokyo District Court, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2019, 10.
- ^ a b "Agreement for married couples' surnames is increasing, but not enough to change the Supreme Court case." Plaintiff loses in Tokyo District Court, Bengo2019.com News, December 10, 2
- ^ a b Married couple's surname proceedings Tokyo District Court Tachikawa branch decision without admitting plaintiff's unconstitutional proceedings, Mainichi Shimbun, June 2019, 11
- ^ a b "I haven't seen the actual inequality." The judicial wall prevented the parties from disappointing., Mainichi Shimbun, June 2019, 11
- ^ a b "Constitutional" decision to ban married couples Hiroshima District Court dismisses claim for compensation, Chugoku Shimbun, November 2019, 11
- ^ a b Dismissal of claim for "married couple's surname" Factual marriage woman sued unconstitutional-Hiroshima District Court
- ^ a b The Hiroshima High Court dismissed the claim in the second proceedings of the married couple ... "The Diet listens humbly and has a sincere discussion.", Attorney.com News, August 2020, 9.
- ^ Plaintiffs appeal in proceedings for married couples / Hiroshima High Court dismissal decision, Kyodo News, January 2020, 9.
- ^ a b Second Marital Proceedings, Dismissal of Claims "Unconstitutional" Proceedings Not Approved Tokyo High Court, Bengo2020.com News, December 10, 20
- ^ a b Proceedings of different surnames, defeat of common-law marriage "stage of debate in the Diet" -Tokyo High Court, Jiji Press, June 2020, 10
- ^ a b The second lawsuit for married couples and the third high court decision did not admit "unconstitutional" proceedings, "the Supreme Court decided to protect human rights.", Bengo2020.com News, December 10, 23
- ^ Director Soda litigates a married couple's surname "Even if we freely choose a surname, it will not be a disadvantage to others", Attorney.com News, August 2018, 6.
- ^ a b "If you want to have a married couple with a different surname, get married in a foreign country" is true. But ... is that all right for Japan? "I've been waiting for 20 years." Kazuhiro Soda and Kiyoko Kashiwagi filed a lawsuit., BuzzFeedNews, June 2018, 6.
- ^ Married couple declaratory judgment lawsuit report, Married couple surname defense team, June 2018, 6
- ^ The 70th: Marital Proceedings by Married Couple: Thinking about the person in charge of the country who became muddy (Kazuhiro Soda), Magazine 9, November 2019, 11
- ^ a b Remarriage and stepchild lawyer Mr. and Mrs. "The same surname of the couple is supposed to be the first marriage only", Attorney.com News, August 2018, 8.
- ^ Married couple's surname lawsuit lost again in Tokyo District Court "Although discussions are rising ..." Lawyer's complaint dismissed, Attorney.com News, August 2019, 10.
- ^ a b Marital proceedings, dismissal of claims, Kyodo News, September 2019, 9.
- ^ Marital Proceedings "Considering Cases of Remarriage with Children" Lawyer Appeals, Attorney.com News, August 2019, 10.
- ^ a b Married couple's surname, 2 trials also dismissed lawyer and his wife lost case Tokyo High Court, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2020, 3.
- ^ Selective Marital Proceedings Lost Again, Appeal to Supreme Court "Considering Surnames of Remarried Children", Bengo2020.com News, December 3, 27
- ^ Shuhei Ninomiya "Right to use the common name as the right to self-determine the nameRitsumeikan Law, No. XNUMX of XNUMX (No. XNUMX)
- ^ Tokyo District Court, November 5, 11, 19, p. 1486.
- ^ Case of using surname commonly known as national university couple, Women's employment support backup navigation, case database.
- ^ Suzuki Ayako, ``Widespread use of "maiden name" and its problems: From case studies of the parties concerned“Sociology of Life Studies” 2015, Issue 22, p65-78,NOT 120005758637, Ochanomizu University Life and Social Science Research Group
- ^ a b c Case law, married couple's surname-maiden name used, Sakakibara Law Office.
- ^ Company C wage / compensation claim case, Women's employment support backup navigation, case database.
- ^ Yokohama District Court No. 24, 1469 (Wa) June 2013, 25 (Heisei 6)
- ^ Tokyo Shimbun, June 2013, 5
- ^ Y school maiden name use case, Women's employment support backup navigation, case database
- ^ a b Rejection of officer registration with maiden name "Legal" Rejection of request by female lawyer, Kyoto Shimbun, April 2019, 4
- ^ The result of the examination request over the pros and cons of commercial registration by the maiden name came out, Lawyer Corporation Furuyano Law Office, April 2019, 4
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m Hiroko Sakamoto "What Prevents the Realization of Selective Married Couples?" "Women's 21st Century" no.95, September 2018, pp9-6, Asian Women's Resource Center
- ^ When I pointed out the problem of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Twitter, Minister Kono responded ...? A "surprise" event that happened to a woman, BuzzFeed.News, June 2019, 6
- ^ Law to partially revise the Civil Code, June 51, 6 Law No. 15
- ^ Kasumi Kawaguchi, "Respect for individuals and Mr. and Mrs. (2, complete)"Waseda Political Science and Public Law Study" 2013 No. 101 p.1-16,NOT 120005300942, Waseda University Graduate School of Political Science
- ^ Law to partially revise the Nationality Law and the Family Register Law, May 59, 5 Law No. 25
- ^ "Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women", Cabinet Office Gender Equality Bureau.
- ^ "Why don't you amend the Family Law?", Japan Federation of Bar Associations
- ^ "1988 (Showa 63): A female teacher seeking" use of her maiden name "at work sued a university forcing her family register.", Nikkei Woman, October 2009, 10
- ^ "In 1989 (Heisei XNUMX), interest in" selective married couple surnames "increased", 40 Years of Working Women, Nikkei Woman Online, October 2009, 10.
- ^ Noboru Yazawa,About the use of the old name in the workplace, WLJ Case Column Extraordinary Issue, No. 95.
- ^ Asahi Shimbun, September 1995, 8
- ^ Asahi Shimbun, September 1996, 1
- ^ Summary of bill to revise a part of civil law
- ^ a b c d e f g Status of submission of opinions on the selective marital status system in the prefectural assembly, Council for Gender Equality, Basic Issues Special Investigation Committee, Document 2-1, July 13, 7.
- ^ Chapter 2 Situation surrounding gender equality, Second Gender Equality Plan, Niiza City, April 2, 2013.
- ^ "Resolution on the introduction of a selective surname system for married couples and the revision of the Civil Code to eliminate discrimination against illegitimate children," Japan Federation of Bar Associations, October 1996, 10.
- ^ Implementation Status of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women 4th Report (tentative translation), Japan Federation of Bar Associations
- ^ 151st Diet No. 23 Bill to partially revise the Civil Code
- ^ a b "Interim summary of deliberations on the selective marital surname system", Cabinet Office Council for Gender Equality, Basic Issues Expert Committee, October 2001, 10.
- ^ Aichi Prefectural Assembly September 13 Regular Assembly General Affairs Prefectural Committee Examination Result Report, July 13, 10
- ^ Implementation status of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women 5th Report, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- ^ The Commission's view on the provision of additional information on the Government of Japan's comments on the final view of the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- ^ "The Liberal Democratic Party to postpone the submission of the bill for another surname, and the resumption of discussions continues to oppose", Kyodo News, March 2004, 3.
- ^ "Submitting to the Diet and seeing off again", Shimbun Akahata, March 2004, 3.
- ^ Start of issuance of IC passports-Relaxation of maiden names
- ^ Case law: Married couple's surname-maiden name used, Sakakibara Law Office
- ^ "Three opposition parties jointly submit to the House of Councilors a bill to amend the Civil Code. Selective married couples have different surnames.", Shimbun Akahata, June 3, 2006.
- ^ "The opposition submits a partial amendment to the Civil Code to the Upper House, including the surnames of married couples," Shimbun Akahata, April 2008, 4.
- ^ Final View of the Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women, August 2009, 8
- ^ List of bills submitted by regular members of the Diet in February 22, Iwate Prefectural Assembly
- ^ Current affairs dot com 2011/02 / 14-18: 34(Retrieved September 2011, 3)[Broken link]
- ^ a b Trial document and judgment, Association to support the proceedings
- ^ Current affairs dot com 2011/02 / 24-18: 26(Retrieved September 2011, 3)[Broken link]
- ^ Nihon Keizai Shimbun March 2013, 5
- ^ a b Kumi Sasaki "Case of dismissing the state redress claim for legislative inaction that Article 750 of the Civil Code was not amended" New case commentary Watch --Constitution No. 74, TKC Law Library, December 2013, 12.
- ^ Sponichi 2013 September 9
- ^ Newsletter May 2014, 3
- ^ NHK NEWS WEB March 2014, 6
- ^ Yomiuri Shimbun June 2014, 9
- ^ "What do you use for your new and maiden names at work? A quarter of the maiden names are also surveyed by 4 married women," Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 1, 1000.
- ^ Mainichi Newspaper March 2015, 2
- ^ a b "Submitting a married couple's surname bill = 3 opposition parties" Jiji Press, June 2015, 6
- ^ a b "Submit a bill to partially revise the Civil Code (selective surnames for married couples) to the Upper House", Democratic Party Public Relations Committee, June 2015, 6
- ^ "Constitutional = Supreme Court makes the first decision on the same surname of a married couple", Jiji Press, December 2015, 12
- ^ "The same surname rule for married couples is'constitutional', the plaintiff's request is rejected by the Supreme Court decision.", Asahi Shimbun, December 2015, 12
- ^ "All female judges have'unconstitutional'opinions. Constitutional judgment of married couples with the same surname.", Asahi Shimbun, December 2015, 12
- ^ "Five people disagree with the constitutional judgment that does not allow married couples to have different surnames.", NHK News, December 2015, 12.
- ^ "At the moment of the judgment, tears overflowed. I'm really sad." The plaintiff got angry after receiving the "constitutional" ban on married couples. ", Bengo2015.com News, December 12, 16
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l Hiroko Sakamoto, "Proceedings for married couples, to the Supreme Court again", Law of the Times, No. 2108, pp. 62-73, October 2, 10nd year of Reiwa.
- ^ a b "4 Oppositions submit a bill to amend the Civil Code, including selective surnames for married couples",Tokyo Newspaper, August 2016, 5.
- ^ a b c d e f Submitted "Selective Married Woman Bill" to the House of Representatives with 5 opposition parties and 1 parliamentary group, Constitutional Democratic News, June 2018, 6.
- ^ Bill to revise a part of civil law, 196th House of Representatives Law No. 37, House of Representatives bill information.
- ^ Selective married couple surnames House of Councilors opposition submits bill, Shimbun Akahata, March 2018, 9.
- ^ "Then you don't have to get married" in the Diet, Asahi Shimbun, November 2020, 1.
- ^ Ripples on the denial of surnames by married couple "Conflict of discussion" Liberal Democrats are also worried, Nishinippon Shimbun, January 2024, 1
- ^ "Realization of married couple's surname" 4 party leaders at the rally, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2020, 2.
- ^ Statement of Opinion for Legalization of Selective Marital Name System, Shiga Prefectural Assembly, List of Opinions / Resolutions, Reiwa March 2, 3
- ^ Liberal Democratic Party Shuichi Takatori and others to launch a new conservative group, Mainichi Shimbun, June 2020, 6
- ^ Marital surnames are also an important theme "3% of female members", Jiji.com News, July 2020, 10
- ^ Married couple's surname "Positive consideration" Hashimoto Gender Equality Minister, Tokyo Shimbun, February 2020, 10
- ^ a b Party Women's Commission recommends to Prime Minister, Komeito News, October 2020, 10
- ^ a b The prime minister is "responsible as a politician" for selective married couple surnames, Asahi Shimbun, December 2020, 11
- ^ Married couple's surname "important and should be considered" Hashimoto, Minister of Gender, positive again, Kyodo News, April 2020, 11
- ^ Study session with selective married couple surnames Liberal Democratic volunteers, Jiji Press, June 2020, 11.
- ^ Liberal Democratic volunteers are cautious about drastic reforms of study sessions on "married couples' surnames", August 2020, 11.
- ^ A joint statement by a legal scholar and 1 lawyers seeking a surname for each couple, Asahi Shimbun, November 2021, 1.
- ^ Selective married couple surname "Social situation, look straight ahead" 1000 legal scholars and lawyers demand realization "Joint statement", Attorney.com News, August 2021, 1.
- ^ "The same surname of a married couple is an infringement of personality rights" 1022 professors, lawyers, etc. signed a request for the realization of a selective surname system for married couples, Tokyo Shimbun, February 2021, 1
- ^ a b Married couple's surname, both Liberal Democratic Party and pros and cons aim to lead the making of the parliamentary promise, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2021, 3
- ^ Liberal Democratic Party, Married Couples with Careful Surnames Start on XNUMXnd, Jiji Press, June 2021, 4
- ^ Sakae Wagatsuma, Family Law, Yuhikaku Publishing, 1961, pp. 77-78
- ^ a b c d Cabinet Office Survey: Married couples' surnames, 42% for and 29% for, Mainichi Shimbun, June 2018, 2
- ^ Poll on family law
- ^ Conducted in 2001 Opinion poll on selective marital status
- ^ Poll on family legislation
- ^ a b c d e Poll on family legislation Implemented in December 2012 Cabinet Office
- ^ Friday Antenna March 2014, 3
- ^ Minutes of the Legal Committee of the House of Councilors March 2014, 3
- ^ "Married couples' surnames progressing at work, the majority of women in their 20s support the revision of the Civil Code," Economic News, February 2013, 2
- ^ The way the family is asked "It also has an adverse effect on the Japanese moral view"Sankei Shimbun 2015.12.13
- ^ a b 2017Conducted in December Poll on family legislation
- ^ a b c d Married couple's surname "acceptable" exceeds 4% Law revision "unnecessary" cuts by 3% Cabinet Office survey, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2018, 2
- ^ a b Selective married couple surname "acceptable" over 4% "not necessary" is less than 3%, Asahi Shimbun, December 2018, 2
- ^ Acceptance of surnames by couple, increase to over 4% = few applicants-Cabinet Office survey, Jiji Press, June 2018, 2
- ^ Yoko Sakamoto, "Is'Public Opinion'Really Against the Selective Married Couple System?", Law of the Times, No. 1928, April 25, 4, pp.30-38
- ^ "Window", Asahi Shimbun, December 1994, 12
- ^ 7% of women agree with same-sex marriage, 5% of married couples have different surnames, Asahi Shimbun, December 2019, 9
- ^ (PDF)
- ^ Sankei Shimbun announced on November 2009, 11, RDD method, 24 adult men and women nationwide
- ^ Mainichi Shimbun December 2009-12, 19 Survey, RDS method, 20 household survey, 1588 responses
- ^ Asahi Shimbun October 2009-10, 11 Survey, RDD method, survey 12 people, responses 3567 people
- ^ Asahi Shimbun December 2009-12, 5 Survey, interview survey of 6 people from the electoral list, 3000 valid responses, stratified random two-stage extraction method
- ^ Yomiuri Shimbun November 2009th to December 11th, 4 Survey, 12 respondents from the House of Representatives, 7 from the House of Councilors
- ^ "Headquarters Poll: Casino Bill, Opposition 62% ... Women's Persistent Opposition", Mainichi Shimbun, October 2014, 10
- ^ "Selective married couple surnames, 77% of working married women agree Headquarters survey, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2015, 3
- ^ "52% in favor of selective married couples' polls", Asahi Shimbun, November 2015, 11
- ^ If selective surnames for married couples are not realized, common-law marriages will increase and the marriage system will become a dead letter., Yahoo News, September 2017, 9.
- ^ What do you think of your family's surname? ~ Whereabouts of "married couple's surname" ~, Close-up Gendai, No. 3744, broadcast on December 2015, 12.
- ^ Public opinion poll on married couple surnames (RDD tracking method) Simple tabulation results,
- ^ Ayako Oguni ""It's not the same surname VS another surname""Mainichi Shimbun, June 2015, 12.
- ^ "Headquarters opinion poll 51% for married couples'surnames'choose the same surname'73%", Mainichi Shimbun, December 2015, 12.
- ^ Couples who are about to get married ... "I'm glad I can have the same surname as my favorite person."Sankei Shimbun 2015.12.17
- ^ a b c Selective married couple surname, 69% in favor More than 50% of women in their 8s or younger, Asahi Shimbun, January 2020, 1, morning edition 28 pages
- ^ 61% "opposed" to the introduction of a married couple surname system ... Yomiuri surveyYoryu Shimbun April 2016, 03[Broken link]
- ^ "Constitutional amendment, pros and cons of breaking, Asahi Shimbun opinion poll", Asahi Shimbun, May 2017, 5
- ^ Public Opinion in Japan 2019 Mainichi Shimbun / Saitama University Joint Survey, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2019, 12, morning edition, page 30.
- ^ 74% of working women agree with selective married couple surnames Nikkei survey, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2019, 3.
- ^ Selective married couple surname, working woman's chest is Nikkei survey detailed report, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2019, 3.
- ^ Same-sex marriage with married couples, increasing support for LDP supporters Asahi University of Tokyo survey, Asahi Shimbun, November 2020, 5.
- ^ 7% of selective married couples who can give their surname before marriage agree, NHK News Web, January 2020, 11.
- ^ More than XNUMX% agree with "selective married couple surnames", TBS News, November 2020, 11
- ^ Selective married couple surnames, 7% agree Waseda University, etc. 7 people survey, Asahi Shimbun, December 2020, 11
- ^ 20% of people in their 50s and 7s agree! Outline of the National Awareness Survey of 47 Prefectures "Selective Married Couples' Surnames", Selective Marital Surname / National Petition Action, November 2020, 11
- ^ October-November 2020 Yomiuri-Waseda University Public Opinion Survey Questions and Answers, Yomiuri Shimbun, April 2020, 11.
- ^ GoTo should be canceled 67% In favor of introducing married couples' surnames 49% Mainichi Shimbun pollster, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2020, 12.
- ^ Selective surname "Agree" More than XNUMX% Liberal Democratic supporters are evaluated and divided-Current affairs poll, Jiji Press, June 2021, 1
- ^ 67% for "agree" and 26% for "disagree", Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2021, 3
- ^ Komei Shimbun June 2012, 6
- ^ "Revision of the law to allow married couples to have different surnames", Komei Shimbun, February 2015, 2.
- ^ a b c d Hiroko Sakamoto, Yoshiko Nagai, Yasuko Yuki, Shizuko Koshido, "Special Feature I CEDAW Summary Findings Answers to Follow-up Items, 3. Commentary, ① Paragraph 18-Civil Code Amendment"International Women," 2011, Vol. 25, No. 1, p.103-112, two:10.11216 / kokusaijosei.25.103, International Women's Status Association
- ^ "Manifesto 2010 Komeito", Komeito.
- ^ Secretary-General Inoue Promotes women's social advancement and success, Komei Shimbun, February 2015, 2.
- ^ a b c d e "The reason why the couple's surname" discussion in the Diet "and the five judges were" unconstitutional "", Asahi Shimbun, December 2015, 12
- ^ "[Parliament] At the House of Councilors plenary session, Representative Yamaguchi asked about the revision of the Civil Code January 1.", Weekly Friday / Gender Information, February 2016, 2
- ^ a b c "'Men's childcare leave','Married couple's surname','Spouse deduction', what hinders women's success ── Seiko Noda x Cybozu Yoshihisa Aono", Cybozu, April 2016, 4
- ^ Komeito Yamaguchi Representative Selective married couple's surname Show the idea of seeking understanding of the LDP, NHK News Web, January 2020, 1.
- ^ Selective married couple surname "LDP also makes decisions that suit the times" Komeito Yamaguchi, Sankei Shimbun, October 2020, 12
- ^ Komei Shimbun,"The surname of the couple should be the same without the disadvantage", Claim, November 2019, 11.
- ^ [Pledge Special] National Democratic Party Extension of Child Allowance until 18 years old, Sankei Shimbun, March 2019, 7.
- ^ New answer 2019, Democratic Party for the People
- ^ "Considering breakthrough measures to promote discussions on selective surnames for married couples" Chairman, Representative Komiyama, Democratic Party for the People News, January 2019, 1.
- ^ "Realization of selective surnames for married couples is the most important policy for the Upper House election" Tokunaga Gender Equality Promotion Headquarters, Democratic Party for the People News, January 2019, 6.
- ^ Constitutional Democratic Pledge Summary [17 House of Representatives Election], Jiji Press, June 2017, 10
- ^ Constitutional democratic liberal color is the front House of Representatives election promise, stepping into from the Democratic era, Nishinippon Shimbun, January 2017, 10
- ^ "Opening up a new era with Reiwa democracy" Representative Edano at the press conference for the Upper House election policy "Constitutional Vision 2019", Constitutional Democratic Party News, June 2019, 6
- ^ Announcement of promises for the House of Councilors election Consumption tax hike freeze and selective surnames for married couples introduced, NHK News Web, June 2019, 6.
- ^ Introducing selective surnames for married couples Mr. Edano, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2019, 5.
- ^ "The Supreme Court ruling of the Yasukuni faction-led administration, which is behind selective married couples, encourages discussions in the Diet.",Red flag, August 2016, 1
- ^ "Resolving discrimination against women and creating a society where both men and women can play an active role" Shimbun Akahata October 2014, 10
- ^ "A society where discrimination against women can be resolved and both men and women can play an active role-The Japanese Communist Party proposes-", October 2014, 10
- ^ 2009 House of Representatives Election Promise, Social Democratic Party
- ^ House of Councilors Election Promise 2016, Social Democratic Party
- ^ Politics that makes use of the constitution, Social Democratic Party
- ^ 2019 House of Councilors election policy, Social Democratic Party
- ^ Selective married couple surnames House of Councilors opposition submits bill, Shimbun Akahata, March 2018, 6
- ^ Minutes of the House of Councilors Cabinet Committee Meeting, March 2013, 3
- ^ Friday Antenna March 2013, 3
- ^ House of Councilors Legal Committee March 2014, 3
- ^ "With all my strength" to realize selective surnames for married couples Okinawa's two lawmakers are determined to receive a statement from the legal profession, Ryukyu Shimpo, February 2021, 2
- ^ a b c Political party / policy questionnaire, Mnet Civil Code Amendment Network
- ^ Results of questionnaire survey by selective couple, Mnet, November 2014, 11.
- ^ a b c 2019 Upper House election, candidate questionnaire (Asahi / University of Tokyo Taniguchi laboratory joint survey, Asahi Shimbun, November 2019, 7.
- ^ Petition for requesting revision of the Civil Code, such as the introduction of selective surnames for married couples, 189th Diet Legal Committee
- ^ a b Do you agree with selective married couple surnames? Opposition? I tried to list the candidates for the Upper House election, Selective Marital Surname / Petition Action, July 2019, 7
- ^ Manifest 2010 pdf
- ^ Prime Minister Abe's surname is incoherent behind a ton demo document nine years ago, Woman herself, July 2019, 7
- ^ Summary of LDP administration pledges, Nihon Keizai Shimbun, March 2012, 11.
- ^ a b c d e "Let's deepen national debate regarding selective surnames for couples", Japan Agricultural Newspaper, December 2015, 12.
- ^ a b 2017 House of Representatives election, candidate questionnaire (Asahi/Higashi-Otaniguchi laboratory joint research)
- ^ Liberal Democratic Party "married couple's surname" backwards = same-sex marriage, opposition parties excluding the people agree [comparison of promises], Jiji.com News, July 2019, 07
- ^ Liberal Democratic Party, Married Couples with Careful Surnames Start on XNUMXnd, Jiji Press, June 2021, 4.
- ^ "When the national power becomes serious due to the declining birthrate and aging population", "Political and Business World" March 2004 issue, Political World Publishing Co., Ltd.
- ^ "Interview: Women's success in the administration'I don't feel serious'= Seiko Noda", Reuters, December 2015, 12
- ^ "Seiko Noda, former Liberal Democratic Party general affairs chairman, indispensable for women's success", Mainichi Shimbun, December 2015, 12 Tokyo morning edition
- ^ "[Parliament] Representative Kikuta asks about the surnames of married couples April 4", Friday Antenna, Weekly Friday, April 2014, 4
- ^ The 186th Diet Special Committee on Youth Issues No. 3, August 2014, 4
- ^ "" Sousei Japan "was launched = Shin-Conservative Policy Research Institute renamed-Former Prime Minister Abe and others". Newsletter(July 2010, 2) 2010/2/6Browse. [Broken link]
- ^ "Renamed to" Shin Conservative Research Institute "and" Creation "Japan" "by Chairman Abe". Sankei Shimbun(November 2010, 2). オ リ ジ ナ ルArchived as of October 2010, 2. 2010/2/6Browse.
- ^ "WiLL" July, August 2010 issue[Page number required]
- ^ "Prime Minister Abe's Rarikurari ... Democratic Party Representative Okada Pursue Netinechi", Sankei Shimbun, March 2016, 2.
- ^ "[House of Representatives Budget Committee]" If you think optimistically about fiscal consolidation, you will make a mistake in the country, "said Okada.", Democratic News, February 2016, 2.
- ^ Prime Minister Abe's view of the married couple's surname is inundated with criticism "no longer incoherent", Woman herself, July 2019, 7
- ^ Mr. Edano, "Forced husband and wife same surname" to prevent women's participation, Sankei Shimbun, March 2019, 6.
- ^ Prime Minister "Impression manipulation whether yes or no" Do not raise hands in the party leader debate and question the method, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2019, 7.
- ^ "What happens when the country interferes with individual happiness?"-Selective married couples' surnames, their thoughts, Yahoo News, December 2018, 3
- ^ Let's relax the party discipline and discuss, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2018, 8.
- ^ "Constitutional" with the same surname of the couple "reasonable judgment" "unfair judgment of discrimination against women" Each party's perception is ... Democratic Party prepares another surname billSankei Shimbun 2015.12.16
- ^ a b c d NewsBAR Hashishita Guest: Tomomi Inada (Member of the House of Representatives, Former Minister of Defense), August 2018, 11
- ^ Ikuko Ishii, a member of the House of Representatives, submitted an answer to questions regarding the revision of the Civil Code, such as Mr. and Mrs. Selective Married Couple, June 2004, 6.
- ^ [December 2017, 12 Noritoshi Furuichi reveals his view of marriage "Isn't it unpleasant to have someone when you go home?"], HUFFPOST, December 11, 2017.
- ^ a b Toru Hashimoto This is the only way to realize a married couple's surname, President Online, February 2018, 2.
- ^ Osaka Prefectural Assembly February 2010 Plenary session
- ^ Realization of selective married couple surnames by political decision, Shimbun Akahata, March 2019, 6.
- ^ a b c Asahi Shimbun "2014 House of Representatives Election, Asahi-University of Tokyo Taniguchi Laboratory Joint Survey" (2014)
- ^ a b The New Frontier Party, which first submitted a couple's surname bill to the Diet, Ronza, May 2019, 5
- ^ Yukan Fuji, December 2005, 12
- ^ a b "Democratic Party Chairman Masatoshi Yamao is eager to submit a bill to amend the Civil Code. Komeito Representative Yakura also pledges to" do his best "April 4", Gender information, weekly Friday
- ^ Democratic Party Policy Collection 2013
- ^ Introducing a selective surname system for married couples Submitted a partial amendment to the Civil Code to the House of Councilors 2008/04/22
- ^ Introducing a selective surname system for married couples Submitted a partial amendment to the Civil Code to the House of Councilors 2009/04/24[Broken link]
- ^ "Approval of the Civil Code Amendment to Introduce Selective Married Couples and Shorten the Remarriage Prohibition Period" Next Cabinet "Meeting," Democratic Party News, May 2015, 05.
- ^ [http://b.hatena.ne.jp/entry/www.asahi.com/politics/update/0714/TKY200907140416.html Democratic pledge, seeing off the surname by couple asahi.com
- ^ a b "Approval of legislative legislation for inequality correction and economic growth Next Cabinet", Democratic Party Public Relations Committee, June 2016, 2
- ^ "Financial income tax hike to break the barrier of disparity Democratic Party"Economic News, April 2016, 4.
- ^ "Selective married couple's surname'Ask the ruling party for active discussions in the ordinary Diet session for legislation', Representative Okada," Democratic Party News, November 2015, 11.
- ^ Farewell, politics-Yuriko Koike, Goshi Hosono and others hold a press conference on the "Party of Hope", August 2017, 9
- ^ Consumption tax hike is frozen in the draft of hope and pledge Considering acceptance of surnames for married couples, Asahi Shimbun, November 2017, 9.
- ^ Following the Supreme Court ruling on the married couple's surname.[Broken link], Party that values the heart of Japan December 2015, 12
- ^ Aiming to introduce a selective marital surname system, Shimbun Akahata, March 2015, 4
- ^ "Japan Innovation Party Disbanded Democratic Party Party Tournament in the Afternoon", Nihon Keizai Shimbun, November 2016, 3
- ^ "Married couple's surname and remarriage prohibited", Saga Shimbun, January 2015, 12.
- ^ Request for revision of the Civil Code, Japan Women's Society, April 2010, 4.
- ^ Aiming to realize "selective married couple surname (Mr.)", Statement, Society of Women's History, March 2017.
- ^ "Selective married couple surname deliberation meeting ... Japan Federation of Bar Associations", Mainichi Shimbun, December 2016, 5.
- ^ December 2013, 12 Secretary-General Discourse
- ^ Request form, National Scrivener Women's Association, September 2014, 9
- ^ Received requests from the National Federation of Female Tax Accountants, such as "opposition to the introduction of a reduced consumption tax rate", Democratic Party News, May 2015, 5
- ^ "Expectations for the realization of married couple surnames", Komeito Newspaper, March 2015, 3
- ^ A statement by the chairman calling for an early revision of the Civil Code, which includes selective surnames for married couples and the abolition of the remarriage prohibition period., Japan Women's Bar Association, March 2016, 3
- ^ Selective married couple surname / national petition action
- ^ a b Legalization of surnames by couple, approval of written opinion Nakano Ward Council, movement of petition to the whole country, Tokyo Shimbun, September 2018, 12.
- ^ Gather on Twitter and move the parliament, Asahi Shimbun, Tokyo edition, December 2018, 12 morning edition.
- ^ Jiwari Jiwari "Selective married couple surname" Momentum from the region, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2019, 1.
- ^ Liberal Democratic lawmakers also say "yes" to selective married couples' surnames Study session with 40 bipartisan people, momentum for law revision, Attorney.com News, August 2020, 2.
- ^ mnet / Civil Code Amendment Information Network
- ^ Marriageable age unified to 18 for both men and women Civil Code Amendment Bill, Cabinet Decision, Asahi Shimbun, November 2018, 3.
- ^ Common policy of "citizen and opposition joint struggle" that women desire-request of New Japan Women's Association, New Japan Women's Association, December 2016, 12.
- ^ a b Without discriminatory civil law provisions-Requested by the Women's Federation, such as the realization of selective surnames for married couples-"The country follows the recommendations of the United Nations", Shimbun Akahata, March 2016, 2.
- ^ a b Japan Women's Association
- ^ a b Sisters' Association that wants to inherit the name of their parents' home
- ^ a b [Selective surname system for married couples] Give women "options that do not require changing surnames due to marriage", Yahoo News, October 2017, 10
- ^ Council for realization of surname selection system by couple
- ^ Woman eye couple's surname / dark cloud for introduction, pros and cons within the administration, The Shikoku Shimbun, April 2010, 4.
- ^ Meeting that recommends a married couple's surname selection system
- ^ "40-year war" of selective couple's surname, continue to challenge politics left for 20 years from legal trial report from judiciary, Attorney.com News, August 2018, 3.
- ^ a b "It's sweet just with a married couple's surname! You can change your full name for 2500 yen.", SPUTNIK Japan, January 2016, 1.
- ^ Toyama, a society that realizes selective surnames for married couples
- ^ Mr. and Mrs. Aono's lecture on "early realization" of married couple Toyama / Toyama, Mainichi Shimbun, December 2018, 4.
- ^ Exchange of opinions with the aim of realizing "selective married couple surnames", Mainichi Shimbun, December 2017, 6.
- ^ Meeting to support the proceedings of different surnames 2018
- ^ Gender information, Weekly Friday, September 2018, 9.
- ^ Meeting to wish for the realization of selective surnames for married couples
- ^ "It's okay to have a variety of ideas," Femin Women's Democratic Newspaper, October 2018, 10.
- ^ Meeting to think about another surname
- ^ "Request to Sendai City for'Each Voter'against sending election admission tickets to households," Weekly Friday, June 2010, 6.
- ^ Meeting to think about another surname, Miyagi NPO Information Net, Group Information.
- ^ "Nippon Kaigi, a Constitutional Amendment, Impatient with the Prime Minister's Policy in Front of the Economy," Asahi Shimbun, November 2015, 11
- ^ "Voice of constitutional amendment from local areas, directed by Nippon Kaigi, drafted by lawmakers," Asahi Shimbun, August 2014, 8.
- ^ "What is the policy that the opposition party, which is inevitably defeated in the Upper House election, should come up with?", Diamond Online, January 2016, 1.
- ^ Japan Women's Association (Official)
- ^ a b c d Tomomi Yamaguchi, "One of the targets of the Nippon Kaigi is the revision of Article 24 of the Constitution," Nippon Kaigi and the Association of Shinto Shrines, 2016, pp. 172-183.
- ^ a b c d e f Midori Wakakuwa and others surpass the "gender" crisis! -Thorough discussion! Backlash, Seikyusha, 2006
- ^ Voices of Japanese Women's Association Officers, Japan Women's Association, December 2015, 12
- ^ a b c Marital surname issue National assembly against married couple surnames (overview / exercise policy), Opinion, Nippon Kaigi, March 22, 3
- ^ a b Hotaka Tsukada, "Nippon Kaigi and Religion", Book 2016, Heibonsha, 2016.
- ^ a b Hotaka Tsukada, Religious and Political Transition, Kadensha, 2015.
- ^ Osamu Aoki, "The Identity of the Japan Conference", Heibonsha, 2016.
- ^ a b c d Tomomi Yamaguchi; Masami Saito; Chiki Ogiue (2012). The puzzled social movement The "lost era" of feminism and the grassroots maintenance movement. Keiso Shobo. ISBN 4326653779. Chapter 2
- ^ Eiji Oguma, Yoko Ueno, "Nationalism of Healing", Keio University Press, 2003, pp. 94-98.ISBN 4-7664-0999-X.
- ^ Ai Shimazaki, "The Conservative Religion of Christ's Makuya That Swept the History Textbook Movement," "Religious Issues," No. 16, Autumn 2016, GK Religious Issues, 2016, p. 79, ISBN 978-4-9908526-5-8.
- ^ Married couple's surname / gender-free, Japan Policy Research Center
- ^ "Choice for Tomorrow" May 16 issue
- ^ "Four Themes Entrusted to Shinzo Abe's" Conservative Revolution "Line-Series [Kusa-no-Kusa no Kudo 4th]", Harbor Business Online, October 16, 2015
- ^ Profile of representative (Japan Policy Research Center)
- ^ "(Nippon Kaigi Study) Constitution: Respect for lower families, insist on clarification of articles", Asahi Shimbun, November 2016, 3.
- ^ "The identity of the'Nippon Kaigi'that completely controls the Abe administration," Friday, August 2014, 8
- ^ Read the textbooks of each company Citizens, A meeting to create a new history textbook.
- ^ "(Following Nippon Kaigi 2: 4) Why are you strong in Kanagawa?". Asahi Shimbun(July 2016, 12) 2017/3/9Browse.
- ^ “The origin of the Moritomo problem” The identity of the organization that connected Abe, Matsui, and Kagoike. Daily Gendai(July 2017, 3) 2017/3/17Browse.
- ^ "Fighting against the" war praise book "that has reached a critical moment (editing department)". Weekly friday(July 2015, 8) 2017/3/9Browse.
- ^ Opinion, March 2010, 3, Nippon Kaigi
- ^ Yuki Endo (ed.), Network of Japan Conference, SansaiBooks, 2016
- ^ a b